PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Crossbow Expert (Format and Editing Needed)

ChubbyRain
2015-05-19, 03:01 PM
Fantasy Crossbow Expert

Prerequisite: DM/Player Imagination

Effect: You gain the following abilities.

1: For crossbow weapon attack you do not have disadvantage when you shoot while prone or while being threatened.

2: When you make an attack on your turn with a weapon or cantrip, you may as a bonus action, make a single attack with a hand crossbow.

3: You ignore the loading property to the point where you may consider your crossbow always loaded if you have ammo on yourself or an ally within 5' has ammo on them when you use an action, bonus action, or reaction to attack with your crossbow. You do not even need a free hand to do so, load the crossbow with your damn teeth for all I care.

+++

What am I missing? I think this fixes Crossbow Expert to a degree in which would be awesome for everyone but I may not have worded it as correctly as I think. Any suggestions? A player wants to use duel wielding hand crossbows in a game while another one wants to make a militarized prone shooter. I think all the other threads inspired them.

jkat718
2015-05-19, 03:33 PM
Fantasy Crossbow Expert

Prerequisite: DM/Player Imagination

As a DM, I have a problem with this. My players need to know that their imagination/lack thereof is irrelevant. It's my table, therefore I'm the only one who must have imagination.

ChubbyRain
2015-05-19, 03:56 PM
As a DM, I have a problem with this. My players need to know that their imagination/lack thereof is irrelevant. It's my table, therefore I'm the only one who must have imagination.

You have no clue how many times since the mid 90's that I've sat down at a table as a player and this was actually the case. :smallfrown: