PDA

View Full Version : World Help I need a World Map.

META_mahn
2015-05-19, 08:11 PM
So I've got my "gods" (look at the Homebrew pt 1 deities thread or something something), I've got my system, I've got how it would work (a half-blend between fantasy and sci-fi futuristic; sort of like the newer Final Fantasies with the magic and unexplored wilds still in place and still having cool techs in the big cities with magic being pretty common; it's not a rare thing with most of the military using enchanted magic weapons, but a really big enchant like a +5 Sword of Whoopass is something very rare).
I'm even mapping right now in the Roll20 Interface (slowly by myself; wish I had a co-DM that could help make combat and scenic maps faster)

Only problem: I've got no World map. I don't know how I want to make this thing.
So can anyone give me a good map/show me the way to a good map?

Palanan
2015-05-19, 08:21 PM
I would recommend visiting the Cartographers' Guild (http://www.cartographersguild.com/content.php), one of the very best sites for fantasy world-mapping, and either post a request for a commission or ask about learning the ways of the Mapping Force. There's some good folks over there, and they can steer you true.

Ninjadeadbeard
2015-05-21, 04:25 PM
I second the Cartographer's Guild, as that's where I learned to make my maps (check sig).