PDA

View Full Version : Thank you from Mark's (Wrecan's) Wife

Traderjodie
2015-05-19, 11:47 PM
I wanted to take a moment to thank Rich and this community. Rich, you have no idea how meaningful the Wrecan character is to me and my daughters. Not only is this a wonderful tribute, not only does it appear in a comic that has helped bring some much needed lightness into some very dark times, but it also miraculously captures his essence. The character actually bears a striking resemblance to Mark. When Mark and I had the rare chance to play characters in the same game (he was usually the DM), we almost always played characters just like these. A bodyguard and a magic user. Rich, I don't know how you could have known that, but somehow, his spirit has come through in this story. Whatever feats you used to make this happen, they worked.

We will treasure it. So thank you from all of us.

-Jodie

dancrilis
2015-05-20, 05:15 AM
I didn't know him - but best to you and your daughters (and extended family/friends etc).

littlebum2002
2015-05-20, 07:28 AM
My feels have been hit for maximum damage!

Killer Angel
2015-05-20, 01:25 PM
and now, I've got glistening eyes.
Here, let me hug you, at least with my thoughts.

pendell
2015-05-20, 01:27 PM
Thank you so much. My prayers are with you and yours through this difficult time :(.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Czhorat
2015-05-20, 01:45 PM
My condolences to you and your family and a tip of the cap the the Giant for creating a fitting tribute.

Community is important. It's part of the reason I sometimes wander over here. I'm glad this is of some small comfort to you.

Lissou
2015-05-21, 04:14 AM
It's really nice to hear from you and know that Wrecan the character is a great homage to Wrecan the person. I know a lot of people will be rooting for him for the time he spends in the comic. I notice that you mention daughters, and so does the character. I guess the Giant did his research.

My husband's mother died two years ago as well, so I know (second-hand) how even after a couple of years, someone can be missed every single day. I'm glad the Giant made you and your daughters happy.

137beth
2015-05-23, 07:11 AM
I'm glad you like it. I know I was upset when the forum lost Wrecan, but I'm sure it's nothing compared to what you went through.