PDA

View Full Version : createing a healbot

With a box
2015-05-20, 08:34 AM
like, a golem that has at-will healing power.
can I craft one? should I just poke a wand of CLW/viger at the hand of clay golem?

JeenLeen
2015-05-20, 09:01 AM
I don't recall ever seeing such a golem, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist in some splatbook.
I don't think a (or at least most--maybe a rare one exists) golem has Use Magic Device, so giving it a wand wouldn't do much good. If you find one with it, or with CLW as a spell-like or Su ability, then you are probably set.

If your DM allows custom crafting (i.e., making stuff not already in a book), he might allow you to make such a golem. The Magic Item Compendium has rules on making custom items, I think, although some folk find them abusable. (My DM forbade such, so I never looked at it too closely and don't have an opinion on it.)

But if custom crafting is allowed, you might be better off making a bracelet or ring or something that gives CLW or Lesser Vigor as a free action so many times per day. I'm not sure which would be more expensive, but an item you are wearing is harder for your enemies to destroy than a golem following you around.

I think one of the Monster Manuals has a 'living spell' template. I forget the details about it, but a Living Spell of CLW that follows you around could do it. You'd have to find the book, or someone else here would have to provide the details, for how to create such and how they work.

Uncle Pine
2015-05-20, 09:01 AM
1. Craft a cheap golem with at least 2 HD (i.e. homunculus). Cost: 1.050 gp + 78 xp
2. Craft a novice Devoted Spirit amulet. Cost: 1.500 gp + 120 xp
3. Attune the golem with the aforementioned amulet and have him choose Martial Spirit as granted maneuver*.
4. Profit.

Total cost: 2.550 gp + 198 xp.

*Technically a stance, but see ToB 5:

Stance: A stance is a special type of maneuver. Each stance is a particular fighting pose that grants a martial adept special benefits and option. For example, the Tiger Claw discipline teaches stances that allow the user to unlock her feral, animalistic nature. Unlike other maneuvers, most stances can remain in effect for an indefinite time. All stances a character knows are available to her at all times. A character can adopt a stance, or change from one stance to another, as a swift action.

EDIT:
I think one of the Monster Manuals has a 'living spell' template. I forget the details about it, but a Living Spell of CLW that follows you around could do it. You'd have to find the book, or someone else here would have to provide the details, for how to create such and how they work.
I'm afraid this is not an option.

CREATING A LIVING SPELL
"Living spell" is an unusual template, [...] The template can be applied to any spell that creates an area or effect (not targeted spells), but not a spell whose effect is already a creature (such as a summon monster spell).

Cure Light Wounds
Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Brd 1, Clr 1, Drd 1, Healing 1, Pal 1, Rgr 2
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will half (harmless); see text
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless); see text

Falcon X
2015-05-20, 10:49 AM
Robot Unicorn.

Take this: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Unicorn
And give it this: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Construct_Type
Add add in the "Touch of Healing" reserve feat from Complete Champion p.62

Or use this guy's homebrew: http://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Robot_Unicorn_(3.5e_Monster)

If you don't want to go that route, there are other things you can do. Here is a guide to help: http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=2710.0

Azoth
2015-05-20, 10:58 AM
Another option for an unlimited healing item that is RAW legal is to either be a divine caster or grab one as a cohort. Have it enter the Runecaster PRC and have it make a permanent rune of CLW. Comes online a bit late (ECL 13 iirc) but it is a permanent wondrous item you set the trigger action for that delivers a Maximized CLW to recipient unlimited times per day.

Telonius
2015-05-20, 11:12 AM
You know, I just noticed a weird trick. Suppose you have a Cleric with the Touch of Healing feat. Normally you can only fill somebody up to half hitpoints with it. But suppose the injured person Binds Naberius.

So let's say the injured person is level 10, usually has 100 total HP and a Constitution of 12, and has taken 40 damage, to 60 HP out of 100. Normally Touch of Healing wouldn't do anything for that, since it's at 60% of the total. But, you deal 11 Con damage to them (through whatever means - maybe a friendly Vampire in the party). Their HP drops to 10 HP out of 50. Suddenly, they're below half HP. The Cleric has a 5th level spell available, so Touch of Healing gives them 15 hp, up to 25/50. About a minute later, Naberius has bumped the total back up to 75/100. 15 free points of healing!

Very situational case, and probably not at all exploitable, but ... weird enough that I thought I'd post it. :smallbiggrin:

CashanDraven
2015-05-20, 05:11 PM
I'd recommend the SoP Life sphere. With the right talents you can drop a huge amount of healing on someone, and remove most conditions in combat. Out of it, the ritual system provides you with limitless healing outside of combat, provided you have a touch of gold and time about.

2015-05-20, 05:52 PM
1. Warforged Cleric.

2. Somehow build a golem with a built-in item of "use activation", unlimited use "Cure of X Wounds".

3. Robotisize (via templates) some creature that has some sort of healing SLA ability.

Also, without even looking at the rest of the thread, I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to suggest any of these, but whatever.

Deadline
2015-05-20, 06:35 PM
I was fond of this post of Darrin's the last time a similar topic came up:

Race: Warforged (well, you did say healBOT)
Cleric 4/Warlock 1/Eldritch Disciple 10/Combat Medic 5

Unlimited 6d6 healing blasts out to 60' as a standard action. Add Empower SLA/Maximize SLA for HP.

Ellowryn
2015-05-20, 07:41 PM
I was fond of this post of Darrin's the last time a similar topic came up:

Unfortunately not unlimited as you have to spend a turn attempt to change it to a healing blast.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-05-20, 07:57 PM
Unfortunately not unlimited as you have to spend a turn attempt to change it to a healing blast.
Warforged Binder 4 with Improved Binding. Grab Buer and deliver 1-point healing blips 24/7.

nedz
2015-05-20, 08:34 PM
Whatever you choose just give them 1 level of Dragon Shaman with the Healing Aura. Only heals up to half HP.

With a box
2015-05-20, 09:23 PM
It's sad that it looks link most idea needs class level.(duce has to have int)
flying at will item of viger would be best.

Story
2015-05-20, 10:42 PM
Assuming you're starting at level 5 or higher, the easiest would be to just have a Cleric DMM Persist Mass Lesser Vigor.

DarkestKnight
2015-05-21, 12:04 AM
Human Binder 1 (Naberius) with Stigmata (Requires Nimbus of Light) can heal people up to full HP at level one. It also scales reasonably well. Every 2 constitution damage (min 2) = 1 Hp per level of target and an additional target. Assuming 10 con damage doesn't kill you at level 1, that would heal five people 5hp per level. By the time you are done, you wait 2 turns and do it again.

Probably not the best for in combat healing seeing as you have to take con damage to do it, but the higher your starting con score the better you are off.

I'm going to need to check if something with the Construct type can actually use stigmata, as it can't take con damage. If it can, then it could declare it wants to take 200 con damage and then heals for the rest of its mechanical life.

gooddragon1
2015-05-21, 08:32 AM
Human Binder 1 (Naberius) with Stigmata (Requires Nimbus of Light) can heal people up to full HP at level one. It also scales reasonably well. Every 2 constitution damage (min 2) = 1 Hp per level of target and an additional target. Assuming 10 con damage doesn't kill you at level 1, that would heal five people 5hp per level. By the time you are done, you wait 2 turns and do it again.

Probably not the best for in combat healing seeing as you have to take con damage to do it, but the higher your starting con score the better you are off.

I'm going to need to check if something with the Construct type can actually use stigmata, as it can't take con damage. If it can, then it could declare it wants to take 200 con damage and then heals for the rest of its mechanical life.

Expanding on how the use of martial spirit works.

MARTIAL SPIRIT
Devoted Spirit (Stance)
Level: Crusader 1
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: Stance

As you cleave through your foes, each ferocious attack you make lends vigor and strength to you and your allies. While you are in this stance, you or an ally within 30 feet heals 2 points of damage each time you make a successful melee attack. This healing represents the vigor, drive, and toughness you inspire in others. Your connection to the divine causes such inspiration to have a real, tangible effect on your allies’ health. Each time you hit an opponent in melee, you can choose a different recipient within range to receive this healing.

1> You have this stance up.
2> You make a melee touch attack against an ally and as a free action shout out "Tag you're it!" or "Intensified cure minor wounds!"
3> You or an ally within 30 feet regains 2 hp.

This is not allowed. What you hit has to be presenting a danger to your party and an opponent.

That applies to the other healing maneuvers; Martial Spirit lacks that restriction.

Besides, not like infinite healing breaks the game. It actually makes some aspects better!

If you want to really split hairs on meanings, you can declare an inanimate object such as a wall or a piece of your gear as your ally. Objects have HP too and this isn't positive energy.

Uncle Pine
2015-05-21, 08:47 AM
1> You have this stance up.
2> You make a melee touch attack against an ally and as a free action shout out "Tag you're it!" or "Intensified cure minor wounds!"
3> You or an ally within 30 feet regains 2 hp.

Actually, what you usually do out-of-combat is attacking the ground to heal an ally. You only need to hit an opponent to change the recipient of your healings, not to heal. You do need to attack someone if more than one ally needs healing, though.

DarkestKnight
2015-05-21, 12:02 PM
Admittedly I'm not a fan of Martial spirit because of targeting issues. This has come up once in a while in my local group, and the consensus is that it needs to me a legitimate opponent and a legitimate attack. Attacking the wall or the floor would only result in a blunted weapon and no change in HP.

Now this is what my group has agreed on. If other groups are cool with restorative vandalism knock your socks off with it. It just isn't an acceptable method in the games I play in.

nedz
2015-05-21, 02:11 PM
Admittedly I'm not a fan of Martial spirit because of targeting issues. This has come up once in a while in my local group, and the consensus is that it needs to me a legitimate opponent and a legitimate attack. Attacking the wall or the floor would only result in a blunted weapon and no change in HP.

Now this is what my group has agreed on. If other groups are cool with restorative vandalism knock your socks off with it. It just isn't an acceptable method in the games I play in.

Druid summons some Natural Ally and tells it to adopt total defence
Crusader attacks it and heals the Druid via Martial Spirit
?

Uncle Pine
2015-05-21, 02:40 PM
?

Yeah, because abusing some innocent extraplanar critters is a 100% more acceptable way to heal your allies than poking at a rock. :smallamused:

Grod_The_Giant
2015-05-21, 04:30 PM
?

Not to mention that using summons eliminates the main virtue of Martial Spirit Healing (not needing spell slots)

Stegyre
2015-05-21, 04:34 PM
Not to mention that using summons eliminates the main virtue of Martial Spirit Healing (not needing spell slots)
Summon Elemental reserve feat.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-05-21, 06:51 PM
Summon Elemental reserve feat.
Touche.etc

Stegyre
2015-05-21, 08:48 PM
Touche.etc
I was going to add, "But that's still sub-optimal," but as I understand it, those infinite summons are actually quite useful for any number of uses, so . . .

Story
2015-05-21, 09:22 PM
You can also get infinite summons from a 1 level dip in Binder.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-05-22, 10:15 AM
You can also get infinite summons from a 1 level dip in Binder.
Unlikely, since Zceryll is a 6th level vestige. By the time you invest the 9 levels you need for that, you could have gotten Buer's infinite healing long ago. (You also don't need Martial Spirit, since you can just summon infinite Bralani for their 2/day CSW) Never mind, you probably mean Malphas' bird.

Warrnan
2015-05-22, 11:24 AM
Buy a bunch of healing belts. Strap them all over your golem.

Alternately I second the martial spirit Stance suggestion for 3000g you can slap this amulet on anyone who melee attacks and it heals 2hp of who ever the attacker chooses with in 30 ft. If you have some sort of draconic cohort or party member see about the Draconic Aura (vigor) for multi target fast healing to all allies under 50%.

The living spell is a great idea too make it a lesser vigor mass or something. Because it has to be a spell that affects an area.

Uncle Pine
2015-05-22, 02:53 PM
The living spell is a great idea too make it a lesser vigor mass or something. Because it has to be a spell that affects an area.
Same problem as CLW:

Vigor, Mass Lesser

(Spell Compendium, p. 229)

Conjuration (Healing)
Level: Cleric 3, Druid 3,
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 20 ft.
Target: One creature/2 levels, no two of which are more than 30 ft. apart
Duration: 10 rounds + 1 round/level (max 25 rounds)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell functions like lesser vigor, except that it affects multiple creatures.

captain fubar
2015-05-24, 04:14 PM
might I suggest a runic guardian it has a few creater chosen spell like abilitys plus shield other and teleport to master. if you use the right list through scrolls, an artifacter, a warlock, an archivist, adept or whatever heal would only take up one slot.
between its fast healing shield other guard master and half decedent AC (most of that ac being of the same type making it easier to stack multiple small bonuses for cheaper ac boosting) this construct isn't a bad chassis for a tank.

most importantly it has construction rules for a player to make one though it should probably have a xp cost likely at the same ratio to it gold cost as a typical magic item and as it was written in 3.0 its DR should be reduced (I suggest dividing it by 3-5) and as a construct adimantium would probably be the default way of overcoming its DR rather than +3.

runic guardian is found n the monster manual 2