PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Tsora V.3.0

EdroGrimshell
2015-05-20, 12:18 PM
Let me start by saying that I made this race quite some time ago and hadn't even looked at it until recently when someone asked to use it in a recruitment thread of mine. I saw just how bad it was at the time. So, I'm reworking the race and putting it down here with new mechanics and drawing from some additional outside sources (the Dreamscarred Press SRD) to help with the mechanics in general.

The second incarnation is linked in my Extended Signature for those that want to compare the race in general.

I am open to suggestions and will be working on this for a few days, adding racial feats as I go for the most part.

Tsora

A tsora is a very rare race, consisting of the remnants of a psicrystal that has survived its master’s death, ectoplasm, and fragments of a tsoreva quori spirit. This crystal’s mind remains in a stasis like state, thriving on the realm of dreams some of these psicrystals successfully capture part of a tsoreva quori, its mind bonds with the quori shards and its physical form draws ectoplasm to itself solidifying into a humanoid creature.

Personality: A tsora’s personality is a cross between the psicrystal’s original personality and that of the tsoreva quori it has bonded with. This makes them diverse, although some personalities are more readily able to become a tsora than others. The most common being the hero, resolved, and single-minded personalities, as well as most that have multiple personality shards. Many tsora steadily develop more personality shards over time

Physical Description: A tsora resembles a partially crystallized humanoid with arms similar to those of a tsoreva quori. A tsora’s body is either light brown or red in color with an almost chitinous shell to it that is more cosmetic than it is functional. A tsora’s eyes glow a deep sapphire blue. A tsora’s body is constructed from an amorphous crystal mixed with ectoplasm, making it more resilient than normal creatures. Precise features vary from Tsora to Tsora, but common features often include elf-like ears, slit-pupiled eyes, a third eye, a braid of ectoplasm on the back of their head, tusk-like lower teeth similar to an orc's, or even a smaller frame reminiscent of a halfling or gnome. These features represent their former master and often tell what race the Tsora's former master belonged to.

Relations: A tsora is a rare creature, few know of their existence, and those that meet them have different views on them based on their alignment and personality. Good aligned tsora can get along well with any race, although evil ones are loners. Most tsora have good relations with naturally psionic races like the xeph, maenad, and elan, those that focus on psionics usually being fond of elans while those with a more martial orientation liking the xeph more due to the similarities they typically possess.

Alignment: A tsora’s alignment varies based on what its former master’s alignment was, although bonding with a quori has made them more likely to be lawful than chaotic.

Languages: A tsora automatically knows both common and quori, many remember the languages their master had in life.

Tsora Racial Traits
+2 Wis, -2 Dex: Tsora are innately attuned to the mind, giving them surprising empathy, but it's crystalline form makes it rigid.
Medium
Construct (Living Construct, Psionic)
A tsora can imbed psionic warforged components in the same way as a normal warforged.
Naturally Psionic: A tsora gains one power point at 1st level.
Astral Shaping (Su): A tsora possesses the ability to reconstitute its body by charging itself with psychic energy. As a standard action, the Tsora can spend one power point to gain one of the abilities in the spoiler below. These benefits last for one minute but can be reactivated as a swift action by spending an additional power point.
A tsora cannot obtain a psicrystal in any way. It qualifies as a psicrystal (and is treated as having Psicrystal Affinity) for all purposes. It does not, however, gain any of the benefits of a normal psicrystal. Although class features that modify a psicrystal (such as a metamind’s cognizant psicrystal feature) apply normally and the tsora may obtain an elemental envoy.
A tsora treats Form Mind Blade (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/form-mind-blade) and Mind Blade Feats (http://dsp-d20-srd.wikidot.com/mind-blade-feats) as Racial Feats.
Automatic Languages: Common and Quori. Bonus Languages: Any
Favored Class: Psychic Warrior.

Ablation: By softening the crystal of its body further, the tsora is able to withstand damage by allowing them to shed the softened crystal on impact. The tsora gains 3 temporary hit points. These temporary hit points increase to 7 at 8th level and to 11 at 15th level.

Bulk Up: Calling extra ectoplasm to its form, the tsora increases its density and power. The tsora gains a +2 competence bonus to damage rolls. This bonus increases to +3 at 8th level and to +4 at 15th level.

Dash: Focusing ectoplasmic muscle to its legs, the Tsora gains an increased level of speed. The tsora gains a +5ft competence bonus to its base land speed. This bonus increases to +10ft at 8th level and to +15ft at 15th level.

Hardening: Hardening the normally malleable crystal of its body, the tsora is able to turn aside some blows. The tsora gains a +1 natural armor bonus. This bonus increases to +2 at 8th level and to +3 at 15th level.

Recuperation: The tsora forms a cocoon of ectoplasm around itself. The cocoon has the same hardness as a psicrystal owned by a psion of the tsora's character level and 10 hit points. While in the cocoon, the tsora can take no actions and is treated as prone and helpless. At the end of the minute, the Tsora heals hit points equal to its character level and one point of ability damage or burn to each ability score. If the cocoon is broken before the minute is up, the tsora gains no benefit. A tsora can only benefit from the Recuperation Astral Shaping once per day.

Racial Feats

Tsoreva Mind Blade [Racial, Psionic, Mind Blade]
Prerequisites: Form Mind Blade, Tsora
Benefits: You can manifest your mind blade as an extension of your hand rather than a held weapon. When manifesting your mind blade you may choose to benefit from the Graft Weapon power for your mind blade as long as the mind blade is manifested. Additionally, your mind blade is treated as being made of crystal when used in this way.
Special: You may take Improved Natural Attack for your mind blade, however, you may only benefit from it while your mind blade is grafted through this feat.
Special: If you can manifest two mind blades, such as through the Shape Mind Blade feat, you may halve the normal penalties for two weapon fighting with your mind blades grafted through this feat.

Crystal Mind Blade [Racial, Psionic, Mind Blade]
Prerequisites: Tsoreva Mind Blade
Benefits: Your mind blades count as deep crystal instead of crystal when grafted through the use of Tsoreva Mind Blade, allowing you to charge your mind blade as if it were made of deep crystal.
Special: If you can manifest two mind blades, such as through the Shape Mind Blade feat, you may charge both mind blades with a single action.

EdroGrimshell
2015-05-20, 12:21 PM
And Reserving a Post for PrCs and the Racial Paragon Class.

Hanuman
2015-05-21, 05:49 PM
Extremely interesting, though my memory fails to conjure the image of specific quori, as I recall these are sort of dream being crossed between magical beasts, outsiders and aberrations (maybe even insect?) I forget.

I'd like to add this to an upcoming class I've been working on (shapeshift replacement for my ozodrin works), send me a PM if you're interested in taking a look or peach trading.

EdroGrimshell
2015-05-21, 06:10 PM
Extremely interesting, though my memory fails to conjure the image of specific quori, as I recall these are sort of dream being crossed between magical beasts, outsiders and aberrations (maybe even insect?) I forget.

I'd like to add this to an upcoming class I've been working on (shapeshift replacement for my ozodrin works), send me a PM if you're interested in taking a look or peach trading.

If you'd like to use this go ahead, I'm always happy to have someone enjoy my work. If you have any ideas for this guy (especially ways to expand astral shaping) I'm all ears. This race is going to have feats to improve on it and I need ideas so I can get it working.

Debihuman
2015-06-06, 05:22 PM
A crystalline form should make it vulnerable to sonic attacks.

EdroGrimshell
2015-06-06, 05:28 PM
A crystalline form should make it vulnerable to sonic attacks.

Technically it's a malleable crystal/ectoplasm composite.

dragonjek
2015-06-06, 09:52 PM
Tsoreva Quori have claws, don't they? If the Tsora have arms like a Tsoreva, I don't think they would be able to use weapons normally (and should probably have a natural attack, too).

EdroGrimshell
2015-06-06, 10:03 PM
Tsoreva Quori have claws, don't they? If the Tsora have arms like a Tsoreva, I don't think they would be able to use weapons normally (and should probably have a natural attack, too).

They have the arms of the Tsoreva Quori not the hands.