PDA

View Full Version : Psudodragon Dragonfire Adept Question

CrazyYanmega
2015-05-20, 01:14 PM
Does a Pseudodragon gain the benefits of the bonus Dragontouched feat?

Also, should the Pseudodragon's Spell Resistance scale with level?

And finally, what class should I compare Pseudodragon to for the Level Adjustment Acid Test? I ask this one because the dragon fails every acid test I try out (Lv 5 Human vs 2 HD + 3 LA Pseudodragon).

Oh, and why have I never seen this idea used before?

Segev
2015-05-20, 01:42 PM
Does a Pseudodragon gain the benefits of the bonus Dragontouched feat?Yes, as strange as that may seem given the fluff. Sadly, where it overlaps with the Dragon type, there's no actual benefit, though.

Also, should the Pseudodragon's Spell Resistance scale with level?No. You could argue that it should stack with any granted by the class, but that's up to your DM. I don't think it stacks by the RAW.

And finally, what class should I compare Pseudodragon to for the Level Adjustment Acid Test? I ask this one because the dragon fails every acid test I try out (Lv 5 Human vs 2 HD + 3 LA Pseudodragon).I don't know what you mean. Compare in what sense and for what purpose? By the RAW, the Pseudodragon is ECL 5 without any class levels. Yes, this is grotesquely weak, but it's what it is.

If you're looking for a lower number to call its ECL, you could call it ECL 3, claiming the CR of 1 as its LA. Or you could go the (original) PF route and call it ECL 1 because it's CR 1. Probably a little beefy for ECL 1; maybe give it ECL 2 just for the 2 HD.

Oh, and why have I never seen this idea used before?

Dunno. I've suggested it a few times on this board, but no, it isn't a commonly-seen suggestion.

CrazyYanmega
2015-05-20, 01:49 PM
I don't know what you mean. Compare in what sense and for what purpose? By the RAW, the Pseudodragon is ECL 5 without any class levels. Yes, this is grotesquely weak, but it's what it is.

If you're looking for a lower number to call its ECL, you could call it ECL 3, claiming the CR of 1 as its LA. Or you could go the (original) PF route and call it ECL 1 because it's CR 1. Probably a little beefy for ECL 1; maybe give it ECL 2 just for the 2 HD.

I was referring to the Savage Species acid test. One example is comparing a Kua Toa to a standard Cleric of equal ECL.

EDIT: Would going Vow of Poverty be a good choice on this one, since I am able to fly?