PDA

View Full Version : Superhero game that I haven't thought of a title for.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mystic Muse
2015-05-20, 11:31 PM
The lot of you have been warned by the supervillain (Or so she claims) Theresa that there's going to be a robot attacking the Town Square of Morning Gate today. Well, there could be worse ways to start your adventure. At least I haven't stuck you in a tavern, right? Though, drinking beer is probably preferable to fighting evil robots.

Anyway, it's a fairly nice day out. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and people are going about their days as usual, with no reason to believe their routines are going to change.

Unfortunately for them, their routines are about to change.

Suddenly, there's a break in the calm. A robot with a rather large looking scythe, and a booming voice has entered the fray.

"WHO DARES CHALLENGE S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N.?!?!?! He says, in a voice that sounds not unlike Darth Vader. His Designer may in fact be a fan of star wars. Speaking of which, his scythe is a laser scythe. Still less stupid than a laser bat.

It's a little hard to tell, since he's a robot with a face that doesn't emote but he sounds honestly pretty excited. And not particularly bloodthirsty.

Of course, he wants heroes to fight him, so he has to pose SOME threat, right? So he decides to upend someones car.

"DUDE! THAT WAS MY CAR!"

"Sir. You were driving a Corvair. The car is well known for being unsafe at any speed. Speaking as a machine myself, it was also a blight upon craftsmanship. I DID YOU A FAVOR."

The dude just runs off, away from the crazy robot who just dissed his car.

LaZodiac
2015-05-20, 11:40 PM
From the top of her apartment building, where she was scanning the square, the Technocrat sighs. "I...wasn't quite expecting that. Not so soon either, don't even have time to see where the others are..."

She activates the techno-spheres at her heels, and flies over to the square at high speed, shouting. "Sovereign? Fancy yourself a king do you? Prepare to face..." she stops, hovering over a street light. She twirls in place and poses like the magical girl she is, aiming her Technocratic Royal Staff at him with one hand while the other gives a sideways peace sign over her visor covered (http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/33900000/Sailor-Moon-sailor-moon-33978582-562-841.jpg) left eye. She finishes her declaration "Digistructed Hard-Light Technocrat!"

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-05-20, 11:50 PM
Trisek shivered on a rooftop. A formally singing bird screamed out in her claws before she munched on it, the animal certainly surprised about going from attracting a mate to being food so swiftly. She paused in mid bite as the booming voice of the robot echoed throughout Morning Gate, just down the road from where Trisek had feasted. Interesting.

Already a person heroic of intent was there, seemingly sharing the goal. As foretold. Trisek paid the flying girl little attention.

She zipped down the building and to the outskirts of time square, wiping blood off her cheek, and examining the robot. Trisek hopped out into the light at the base of the square, calling up at the machine. "Sovereign Machine. You will be more careful with innocents if you want to fight me?" She said hard, but with enough tone to make it clear it was a question.

Tectonic Robot
2015-05-21, 01:14 PM
Up above the square, a lone, bald, young man with a thick mustache stood on a rooftop, arms at his side as he looked down at the square. "Looks like she was telling the truth..." He mumbled to himself, dressed in baggy sweatpants and nondescript, formless, baggy gray hoodie. He jumped off the edge, landing on the pavement with a crack, street buckling under him as he walked over to S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N. "Hey." He said, flicking his hand at the lizard and flying magic wizard. "Yo, robot. I understand dissing people's makes and models as much as the next guy, but don't you think you're taking this a little too far?"

Hawkflight
2015-05-21, 03:41 PM
As it happened, Amber and Opal were in the area, checking the place out from ground level. Opal was wearing what Amber considered to be a ridiculous-looking costume for a young aspiring witch, a purple dress under a pink hooded cape and witch's hat, with a white peony to finish it off. Still, nobody would suspect her to dress like that, so she allowed it. Still, she'd cast a disguise spell on her to be safe, just to make sure nobody recognized her. Amber herself was wearing nothing but a cat collar with a fiery-orange opal in it, amber with green flecks.

"The robot came!" Opal exclaimed, ready to dash forward. Amber reached out a telekinetic hand to stop her.

"No, Opal, stay," she said. "You could get hurt."

"But....!"

"No buts. And if you get hurt in my body, neither of us will have a butt."

Opal pouted, but let Amber sneak ahead, sticking to the shadows as the cat witch tried to read the robot's mind. But when Amber had her back turned, Opal just snuck forward behind her anyways.

LaZodiac
2015-05-21, 04:09 PM
Technocrat turns on her infra-red vision and scans Sovereign while he distracts himself with Bill. "Great. The speedy alien looks good, but Bill is...we'll see. Now...lets see where your hard drive is, king-loser." she thinks to herself, as she attempts to do so.

[roll0]

Mystic Muse
2015-05-21, 04:13 PM
Trisek shivered on a rooftop. A formally singing bird screamed out in her claws before she munched on it, the animal certainly surprised about going from attracting a mate to being food so swiftly. She paused in mid bite as the booming voice of the robot echoed throughout Morning Gate, just down the road from where Trisek had feasted. Interesting.

Already a person heroic of intent was there, seemingly sharing the goal. As foretold. Trisek paid the flying girl little attention.

She zipped down the building and to the outskirts of time square, wiping blood off her cheek, and examining the robot. Trisek hopped out into the light at the base of the square, calling up at the machine. "Sovereign Machine. You will be more careful with innocents if you want to fight me?" She said hard, but with enough tone to make it clear it was a question.

"I Don't wish to harm innocents. I don't wish to harm anyone. I simply want to fight!" The robot says with an absurd level of glee.

Up above the square, a lone, bald, young man with a thick mustache stood on a rooftop, arms at his side as he looked down at the square. "Looks like she was telling the truth..." He mumbled to himself, dressed in baggy sweatpants and nondescript, formless, baggy gray hoodie. He jumped off the edge, landing on the pavement with a crack, street buckling under him as he walked over to S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N. "Hey." He said, flicking his hand at the lizard and flying magic wizard. "Yo, robot. I understand dissing people's makes and models as much as the next guy, but don't you think you're taking this a little too far?"

"Oh, you look like you'll be a FUN Challenge!" S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N. Says. "And what can I say? Superheros don't seem to want to fight unless I start destroying things."

Technocrat turns on her infra-red vision and scans Sovereign while he distracts himself with Bill. "Great. The speedy alien looks good, but Bill is...we'll see. Now...lets see where your hard drive is, king-loser." she thinks to herself, as she attempts to do so.

[roll0]

The hard drive is in his head. In fact, judging by the way he's built, his body looks almost human. It's very clearly not, but it's very, very well made, and clearly made to replicate a human body to some degree.

LaZodiac
2015-05-21, 04:18 PM
Technocrat points her staff at Sovereign a little more violently. "If you want to fight, then we'll fight. No one smashes up crappy cars in our city."

She'll then shout to the others. "Try not to attack his head if you can!"

Hawkflight
2015-05-21, 04:20 PM
Amber frowned, not picking up any thoughts from the robot. This was to be expected, she realized, as robots were not living beings, meaning many of her powers were unlikely to work on it as well. Still, something seemed off. For a supervillain, it didn't seem particularly evil, and neither did the lady who had told her about it. She was about to make her move when Opal jumped forward.

"If it's a fight you want, a fight you'll get!" she said dramatically. Amber let out a low hiss.

"Opal, I told you to stay back!" she hissed.

LaZodiac
2015-05-21, 04:24 PM
"Crap, a kid. Get out of here, a fight's gonna break loose! Unless..." she says, slowly realizing this must be the fourth. She cringes, hard, mostly obscured by her visor.

Tectonic Robot
2015-05-21, 04:24 PM
Bill looks left and right, then shrugs. "Looks like we're working together for this guy." He raises his right arm, pointing at the robot. "If you want a fight, join a boxing ring. We won't let you rampage like you please. I'll try not to destroy you completely, though." He glances sidelong at the Technocrat--avoid the head? If he was a robot maker, he'd definitely put all the important parts in the head. Then again, he's not a robot maker... ah well. He'd try and destroy the robot without breaking its brain. It seemed more misguided than evil.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-05-21, 07:09 PM
Trisek took a fraction of a second to take in the setting. The robot seemed like it must receive positive feedback or something from the idea of combat. Either way, dismantling it shouldn't be too challenging. The group of humans joining her were interesting, but they were just humans. Try not to attack his head, she cataloged, as she prepared for the fight. After all, if it was what the robot wanted. "Let's fight."

Trisek lowered herself towards the ground, her arms turned up so the robot could see her claws as her tail waved behind her. She shook her head so her sharp horns would glimmer in the light. Her eyes narrowed into slits and a monstrous shriek escaped her mouth, as her jaw opened impossibly wide, showing off row after row of her sharp teeth, as a row of slobber gently slid down them.

[roll0]

Mystic Muse
2015-05-22, 12:09 AM
Trisek took a fraction of a second to take in the setting. The robot seemed like it must receive positive feedback or something from the idea of combat. Either way, dismantling it shouldn't be too challenging. The group of humans joining her were interesting, but they were just humans. Try not to attack his head, she cataloged, as she prepared for the fight. After all, if it was what the robot wanted. "Let's fight."

Trisek lowered herself towards the ground, her arms turned up so the robot could see her claws as her tail waved behind her. She shook her head so her sharp horns would glimmer in the light. Her eyes narrowed into slits and a monstrous shriek escaped her mouth, as her jaw opened impossibly wide, showing off row after row of her sharp teeth, as a row of slobber gently slid down them.

[roll0]

"COME AT ME!" It shouts quite happily. If it could grin, it would be grinning right now.

Bill looks left and right, then shrugs. "Looks like we're working together for this guy." He raises his right arm, pointing at the robot. "If you want a fight, join a boxing ring. We won't let you rampage like you please. I'll try not to destroy you completely, though." He glances sidelong at the Technocrat--avoid the head? If he was a robot maker, he'd definitely put all the important parts in the head. Then again, he's not a robot maker... ah well. He'd try and destroy the robot without breaking its brain. It seemed more misguided than evil.

"I've tried boxing. It's no fun whatsoever. Nobody is a real challenge." He says.

"Crap, a kid. Get out of here, a fight's gonna break loose! Unless..." she says, slowly realizing this must be the fourth. She cringes, hard, mostly obscured by her visor.

~Yep, that's your fourth. Have fun~ a familiar voice says in her head.

Technocrat points her staff at Sovereign a little more violently. "If you want to fight, then we'll fight. No one smashes up crappy cars in our city."

"...Tell you what. If all four of you can keep me occupied for a minute and a half, I'll leave peacefully and pay for all the damage I've caused."

She'll then shout to the others. "Try not to attack his head if you can!"

"That is kind of you. I rather like my head where it is."

Amber frowned, not picking up any thoughts from the robot. This was to be expected, she realized, as robots were not living beings, meaning many of her powers were unlikely to work on it as well. Still, something seemed off. For a supervillain, it didn't seem particularly evil, and neither did the lady who had told her about it. She was about to make her move when Opal jumped forward.

"If it's a fight you want, a fight you'll get!" she said dramatically. Amber let out a low hiss.

"Opal, I told you to stay back!" she hissed.

"Bring it!" He says enthusiastically.

Tectonic Robot
2015-05-22, 12:18 AM
Initiative

Bill crouches down, preparing to charge into combat.

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2015-05-22, 12:19 AM
Technocrat tries very hard to not make it obvious that she just heard their mysterious benefactor in her head, handwaving it away as her just hearing her on the radio waves if only to help her focus on the fight. She then studies Sovereign, scanning him and looking for any weakpoints.

Initiative: [roll0]

I'm also using a free action to use Assessment to try and determine his defenses. It's an Insight roll against his Deception roll. It says the GM has to make it but I'll roll it for her but just not look at it >_>.

If I beat his Deception, I get to learn one of his defenses exactly, and get to know a vague comparison of his defenses (if they're higher, lower, or the same as mine). I get additional defenses for each degree of success, and just for ease of access, assuming I succeed by 4 degrees I'd like to know his Dodge, Toughness, Fortitude, and Will in that order.

[roll]1d20+11

LaZodiac
2015-05-22, 12:21 AM
Broke a roll, fixing it...

Secret Insight Check: [roll0]

Technocrat laughs. "A minute eh? You sound quite sure of yourself! We'll see if you can last that long."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-05-22, 12:51 AM
The bellowed challenge from the machine set Trisek off, her brain firing away. She felt her muscles tense, generating their fields, her stony skin nearly rippling. Excitement caught her throat, the thrill of the hunt, but a minute and a half in human time was practically forever. Ah well, she'd see how the fight went. She grinned.

[roll0]

Mystic Muse
2015-05-22, 04:34 AM
Sovereign's initiative roll.

[roll0]

Hawkflight
2015-05-22, 11:54 AM
Amber crouched down slightly, synapses firing in her brain as her psychic powers activated themselves, readying the witch for combat.

Amber Alert Initiative: [roll0]
Opal Initiative: [roll1]

Mystic Muse
2015-05-26, 09:15 PM
Sovereign goes up to Bill and attempts a Falcon punch. A better description will come when I'm not on my phone.

[roll0]

Sovereign hits for 15 points of damage.

Tectonic Robot
2015-05-26, 09:43 PM
Bill looks up, unimpressed, as the giant robot leaps forward. Arms folded, he doesn't even try to dodge as the thing punches him...

[roll0]

Failure by 7. A bruise and dazed.

...and gets slobberknocked right in the jaw. The superhero skids backwards on the pavement, body curling as it absorbs the force of the punch, the superhero seeming surprised by the power behind the punch.

Hawkflight
2015-05-26, 09:47 PM
Amber frowned and ducked under the car behind her, focusing on the air above her. She'd seen this particular move on one of Ruby's brother's video games, but never thought she'd actually be using it. Focusing hard, she began to will a large, dense, freezing-cold icicle into being, ready to drop on the psycho robot.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-05-26, 09:59 PM
Movement was all around Trisek. Her brains fired off numbers, anticipating motions, and the movements of the humans played out before her, the robot making its heavy punch and the small one seeming to pull ice from air above the metal thing. Trisek paused a moment longer, taking it in, before she exploded forward with her tendons and muscles releasing all the stored energy, moving incredibly fast towards the robot's side, her neck thrashing to gore it with her sharp horns!

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2015-05-26, 10:13 PM
A numerical read out appears on the Technocrat's visor. "Careful guys, he's strong!" she shouts, too late to help prevent Bill from getting socked in the face. "Well I mean defensively but I guess offensively too. Whatever." She thinks to herself.

She quickly fiddles with some glowing bits on her staff, causing the rifle barrel end of it to expand and glow bright white. Technocrat then takes aim at Sovereign, and fires off a large laser blast, shimmering with holographic spark, aimed square at his torso. "Rayblast!"

Using Power Attack to reduce my attack by 5, increasing my damage rank by 5.

Attack: [roll0] vs Dodge, does 30 damage.

Mystic Muse
2015-05-27, 12:13 AM
Toughness resist [roll0]

Tectonic Robot
2015-05-27, 12:26 AM
Bill had bent a little bit with the attack, but hadn't broken. Or even fallen over. He had taken a single step backwards, though. "Thanks for showing me that punch. Here, check out mine." He steps forward, winds up, and swings with a massively mighty punch, straight at the giant robots robo chest!

[roll0]

Power Attack for +5 damage, -5 to hit.
Damage: +19, or a DC 34 Toughness save

Mystic Muse
2015-05-27, 02:08 AM
Toughness resist

1d20+23

Luck rerolls in case he misses. All 5 in order to avoid double posting, just in case

[Roll]1d20 +23
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Hawkflight
2015-05-27, 12:33 PM
Opal yelped as Amber telekinetically grabbed her by the back of her shirt and dragged her back, scrambling under the car with her.

Mystic Muse
2015-05-27, 06:02 PM
Bill had bent a little bit with the attack, but hadn't broken. Or even fallen over. He had taken a single step backwards, though. "Thanks for showing me that punch. Here, check out mine." He steps forward, winds up, and swings with a massively mighty punch, straight at the giant robots robo chest!

[roll0]

Power Attack for +5 damage, -5 to hit.
Damage: +19, or a DC 34 Toughness save

"Very nice, hero. Here, let me try and return the favor."
He says, and throws yet another punch at Bill.

[roll0]

Hawkflight
2015-05-27, 06:09 PM
Amber continued to focus as the icicle came into being, the air around them fogging up as the ice chilled the air around it. The tip glinted in the sunlight, Amber's tail twitching as she hurled it at the robot with her mind.

[No roll, save for null damage. Deals 35 damage.]

Mystic Muse
2015-05-27, 06:13 PM
First attempt to save.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-05-27, 06:22 PM
With a skid Trisek moved past the metal thing, her horns baring sharp but overthinking his moves as she soars past. She growled and her muscles shook for a moment as she caught her landing, paws gripping the ground. Trisek swings her head around again, hopping forward to gore his side, yelling, "You attack me next, robot!"

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2015-05-27, 06:44 PM
Technocrat grumbles, not positively pleased with the result of her attack. Her allies didn't seem to be doing too well either. She aims and fires another fully charged Rayblast, and then studies Sovereign for any particular weaknesses he might have. "There...has to be something. No machine is perfect!" she thinks.

Power Attack to the max again.

Attack: [roll0] vs Dodge. 30 damage if it hits.

Technology Check to determine weaknesses or vulnerabilities/imperfections in Sovereign's design that could be exploited: [roll1]

Mystic Muse
2015-05-29, 12:08 AM
She noticeS the inefficient cooling system the robot has. If he gets smothered, he'll drop in a few rounds. There's also a safeguard to prevent overheat damage.

[roll0] toughness resist

"This is a test Technocrat. If I wanted to destroy the four of you, I wouldn't bother building a robot, I'd do it myself."

LaZodiac
2015-05-29, 01:41 AM
"He's got a shoddy cooling system, try and block up the vents on his back!" Technocrat shouts, pointing them out while Sovereign takes her blast to the chest. She tries to ignore the voice in her head.

Tectonic Robot
2015-05-29, 01:46 AM
Bill, bruised but unbowed, sidesteps the next bunch, ducking his head to the left as the robotic fist sails past his head. "I'll distract it, then." He says, step forward to swing for another punch, this time directed at its robo-stomach!

[roll0]

Power Attack +5/ +1 to hit, +19 damage for a DC 34 save.

Hawkflight
2015-05-29, 01:51 AM
Opal attempted to focus her magic to perform a rayblast, much like the shiny magic girl had done, but not being trained in the spell she only succeeded in giving herself a headache.

Mystic Muse
2015-05-30, 06:18 AM
Sovereign ignores Trisek's challenge, opting instead to attack Bill once again.

[roll0]

Due to the chaos of the fight, among other circumstances, Sovereign gets distracted and doesn't really even punch close to where Bill was, having also been thrown off by Trisek's challenge.

Hawkflight
2015-05-30, 11:35 PM
"He's got a shoddy cooling system, try and block up the vents on his back!" Technocrat shouts, pointing them out while Sovereign takes her blast to the chest. She tries to ignore the voice in her head.

Amber was a witch, and a young witch at that. And as many think that technology and magic are mortal enemies (thanks, Harry Potter), one might expect her to not even know what a cooling vent is. This could not be further from the truth. Amber knew her way around a computer as well as anyone else - she was a child of the age of technology (obviously), and she would never give up her smartphone or her 3DS (New 3DS, thank you very much, hard to use joysticks with paws though). Furthermore, she had scientist parents and a father who watched nothing but old, cheesy sci-fi movies.

The point of all this is to point out that, yes, she knew what a cooling vent was. Her eyes glowed purple, synapses firing as she focused on the shards of ice from her failed attack. A purple glow encased the shards as they suddenly leapt from the ground, aiming to stab at and get lodged in the robot's cooling vents, where they would melt and form a solid, airtight barrier.

[roll0]

Mystic Muse
2015-05-31, 12:16 AM
Toughness roll. Has to beat expertise magic result by 5. If it fails, his vents are clogged and he has to make a save on each of his turns until he clears them. Penalty since clogged.

[roll0]

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-05-31, 12:17 AM
Her horns have failed again, Trisek couldn't seem to land a hit on this moving metal thing. She growled and jumped forward, thrashing her head again, intent on finally scoring a hit.

[roll0]
Trisek then zipped back, a tailslength away, sixty feet as humans would say. Her allies weren't doing much better, it seemed. Trisek set one of her brains to figure out what 'cooling vents' translated to in her language, but it didn't seem immediately pressing. "Is it fear, Robot King, that would make you ignore my challenge?" She called out, pressing herself low. Her tail swayed slowly from side to side, quills glinting dangerously.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-01, 09:34 PM
[roll0]

Toughness reduced due to clogged vents

LaZodiac
2015-06-01, 09:40 PM
Technocrat cringes as Sovereign continues to take blow after blow with seemingly no damage. But the infrared vision of her visor makes it clear that he's starting to heat up, and it's making him weaker. "Nice one cat! It's working!" she shouts, before letting loose another powered up Rayblast at Sovereign, aiming square for his chest again.

Power Attacking to +5 again.

Attack: [roll0] vs Dodge, DC 30 if it hits.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-01, 09:48 PM
[roll0] toughness resist

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-01, 10:13 PM
"I don't know how to help clog the vent, so I guess I'll just hit it again." Bill said, rubbing his nose. He runs forward towards the machine, then leaps into the air, going for a super special Bill dropkick!

[roll0]

DC 34 save if it connects, Knockback applied.

Hawkflight
2015-06-02, 12:24 AM
Amber grinned when her spell went off without a hitch, but Opal tried to go out and fight again. But rather than pulling her back, Amber simply said, "Um, Opal, uh ... get the civilians out of here!"

Opal nodded, and ran over to a small group of civvies that were running back and forth, confused as to what was going on or what to do. Waving her arms, Opal yelled, "Hey, get outta here!" Amber simply ran a paw down her snout in a facepalm.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-02, 01:29 PM
[roll0] Toughness save against DC 29 to start.

"Come back over here and I'll fight you. It wouldn't be fair to leave your friend out of the fun." Sovereign says, throwing another punch at Bill.

[roll]1d20+9]/roll]

Mystic Muse
2015-06-02, 01:30 PM
[roll0] Since I goofed up with the attack in the previous post.

Hawkflight
2015-06-02, 01:47 PM
Spurred on by her success, Amber decided to press the offensive. Leaping out from under the car, she hopped up to a better vantage point from which simply "pushed" as hard as she could with her mind, firing a telekinetic blast (DC 25) at the robot.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-03, 05:03 PM
Toughness resist [roll0]

Sovereign shrugs off the push as he stands his ground.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-04, 09:43 PM
Trisek had finally hit, only for her horns to scrap down the side of the metal man ineffectively. And he was calling her back, much to her chagrin. Trisek's face distorted into a growl of rage and she flicked her tail back and forth, sending forth a flurry of spiky quills in his direction!

Area Attack, auto-hit

Mystic Muse
2015-06-05, 02:10 AM
Toughness save

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2015-06-05, 02:20 AM
Technocrat smirks as the quills start tearing into Sovereign. She adds to the attack, blasting a full power Rayblast at Sovereign once again while he's off guard!

Power attacking etc.

Attack: [roll0] vs Dodge, DC 30 Toughness.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-05, 02:22 AM
[roll0] Toughness resist

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-05, 02:34 AM
Bill put his hands on his hips. "This is kind of a drag, y'know? Let's say we finish this once and for all." Bill puts his hands on the ground, tenses his legs up, then LEAPS off the ground, cracking the street around him as he flies headfirst into SOVEREIGN'S robo-stomach, going for a DYNAMIC HEADBUTT!

[roll0]

Its still +34.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-05, 02:51 AM
[roll0]

Toughness resist

Hawkflight
2015-06-05, 10:26 AM
Opal continued failing to try and get civvies out of the way, but it was okay because they began to flee properly on their own.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-05, 09:07 PM
[roll0]
Toughness resist

Attempt to hit Bill

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

[roll4]

[roll5]

[roll6]

"Very well. Here is my ultimate attack. ROCKET POWERED FIST!" He yeels, as miniature jets pop out of his right wrist. It looks like it's going to miss at first, but just barely hits with the biggest uppercut Bill has ever received in his life.

DC 45 save.

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-05, 11:58 PM
Bill stares the robot down. "Rocket powered fist? That sounds kind of lame--"

At that point, Bill is struck in the chin by the rocket powered fist, and discovers it is many things. Lame, however, is not one of them. He does a backflip through the air, before landing on top of a nearby building. That was one heck of a punch.

Using a Victory Point to Ultimate Toughness the attack. Rolled 33 on Toughness save. Failure by 3 degrees, but not quite a knockout.

Hawkflight
2015-06-06, 02:56 AM
Amber ducked under the flying Bill, sparing a glance for Opal before firing another concussive blast at the robot.

Auto-hit, 25 damage (DC 25).

Mystic Muse
2015-06-06, 03:10 AM
[roll0] toughness resist.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-06, 08:04 PM
Trisek saw Bill fly off from the punch. She made a mental note to collect his remains later; the human had fought bravely against impossible odds. She felt the new quills press into place in her tail, growing out the end and preparing to fire after the last volley, and as successful as it was, she decided to try again. Her reserve quills would grow back eventually after all.

Wish me luck

Mystic Muse
2015-06-06, 08:06 PM
[roll0] Toughness resist

LaZodiac
2015-06-06, 08:10 PM
Technocrat slooowly flies back a bit, just to make TOTAL sure she's not in range of Sovereign. She'll then level her staff at him and fire off another blast.

Power attackin' oh man.

Attack: [roll0] vs Dodge, if it hits DC 30 toughness check.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-06, 08:12 PM
[roll0] Toughness resist.

It looks like he's going to pretty easily keep going, especially after deflecting Trisek's spikes...but then the ray hits Sovereign Square in the middle of his chest...and takes out his whole torso.

"Commence Emergency shutdown." He vocalizes, before of course, shutting down.

Meanwhile, the group hears clapping. Bill has since leaped off the building and rejoined the group.

"VERY well done. You four actually managed to win. I admit I wasn't expecting that." She says.

"So, what would the four of you like as your reward? Within reason of course."she says. " and each of you get an individual reward." She clarifies.

...Wait. That voice came from a different direct-

Oh. Okay. So there's two of them. At least.

LaZodiac
2015-06-06, 08:46 PM
Technocrat flies over to Sovereign and picks up his head, kind of using her staff to knock off bits of the torso that are still hanging on so it's easier to carry. She then nestles it under her arm. "Well, I've got a request or two, but I'll bother you about it later on my own time. For now I'm taking this, though." she answers, looking around for the source of the voice...voices. Turning her infrared vision on occasionally in case they might be say, invisible. She also takes some time to study Bill to see if he's overly hurt.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-06, 08:52 PM
Technocrat flies over to Sovereign and picks up his head, kind of using her staff to knock off bits of the torso that are still hanging on so it's easier to carry. She then nestles it under her arm. "Well, I've got a request or two, but I'll bother you about it later on my own time. For now I'm taking this, though." she answers, looking around for the source of the voice...voices. Turning her infrared vision on occasionally in case they might be say, invisible. She also takes some time to study Bill to see if he's overly hurt.

"Go ahead. I sincerely doubt you having his head will help you much." She says, before shooting an odd look at Bill with glowing blue eyes.

Bill heals 4 conditions affecting him. So, that should basically put him back up to full.

There are no invisible Theresas as far as Technocrat can see. On the other, much creepier hand, the two she DOES see aren't radiating any form of heat at all.

LaZodiac
2015-06-06, 08:55 PM
"Okay, so some sort of...mental projection. Or she's an queen ice bitch. Got it." Technocrat thinks to herself. She then says "Hey, his hard drive's in here. What kind of interesting hero would I be if I didn't at least try to redeem the poor idiot?" She lets her staff poof away into holographic dust, putting a hand on her hip as she says so, giving Theresa a smirk.

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-06, 09:48 PM
Bill folds his arms. It'd be cool, if he wasn't so wobbly. "I think I'll pass. Superheroes accepting gifts from supervillains never goes well."

Trisek might notice he looks completely and utterly not-dead, miraculously enough!

Mystic Muse
2015-06-06, 09:52 PM
Bill folds his arms. It'd be cool, if he wasn't so wobbly. "I think I'll pass. Superheroes accepting gifts from supervillains never goes well."

Trisek might notice he looks completely and utterly not-dead, miraculously enough!

"This is less a gift, and more the prize the knight gets after defeating the dragon. I don't do gifts." Theresa says. "I mean, you're welcome to refuse if you wish. Though, that may put you behind any of your teammates who DO decide they want their prize." Theresa points out.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-07, 12:01 AM
Firstly Trisek took a whiff of Bill. He seemed alive enough, much to her surprise. It must have been the strange technology that the warning woman possessed, or... the two of them that now stood before her? Her blood cooled slightly, just thinking about being cornered by any foe, but she let such thoughts pass.

A gift from Kah'Ther-Essah? Trisek pondered, tilting her head, her brains each thinking of the pros and cons of different options. There were many possibilities, but the big one seemed to be a flight home. It seemed unlikely this mysterious woman could manage that, given her own species would find the task impossibly daunting.

Trisek zipped back and forth a bit, behind the other three successful combatants. Finally she zipped in front and said, "I ask for... understanding, Kah'Ther-Essah. What is your place in this?"

Mystic Muse
2015-06-07, 12:14 AM
"I grant you that knowledge on the condition that you do not share it with the others in the group. If they desire the knowledge, they may ask for it as well. If they do not consider it worth their reward, they do not get it at all." She says.

Assuming Trisek concedes to this, the information will be imparted to her mentally.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-07, 12:21 AM
Trisek looks up to the sky, her face and eyes facing straight up where Theresa is out of sight, holding her arms up in concession, and incidentally Trisek's neck and belly is exposed. "You have my word, Kah'Ther-Essah."

Hawkflight
2015-06-07, 12:24 AM
As Sovereign fell, Amber let out a few breaths, the effort of using her magic having drained her and made her hungry. But at least she had won (well, they had won, she later corrected herself). And now, the lady from earlier was showing offering a prize. And while the prospect of unlimited magical power or a lifetime supply of cake was tempting, there was one wish that held precedence above all else.

"Can you swap Opal and I back to our own bodies?" she asked.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-07, 12:32 AM
Trisek looks up to the sky, her face and eyes facing straight up where Theresa is out of sight, holding her arms up in concession, and incidentally Trisek's neck and belly is exposed. "You have my word, Kah'Ther-Essah."

"Thank you, Kit'Trisek." Theresa says. The knowledge is directly imparted to Trisek's brain.

As Sovereign fell, Amber let out a few breaths, the effort of using her magic having drained her and made her hungry. But at least she had won (well, they had won, she later corrected herself). And now, the lady from earlier was showing offering a prize. And while the prospect of unlimited magical power or a lifetime supply of cake was tempting, there was one wish that held precedence above all else.

"Can you swap Opal and I back to our own bodies?" she asked.

"I can...but I'm not going to. You need to learn to do it yourself, in case it happens again. And no, I'm not teaching you that, or any other spell. I'm the Supervillain, not your teacher. If you want to learn, you can ask for some power, or knowledge, or any number of things to help you on your way, but I'm not just giving you the answer. I'm plain and simple just not that nice." Theresa says.

Hawkflight
2015-06-07, 12:38 AM
"I can...but I'm not going to. You need to learn to do it yourself, in case it happens again. And no, I'm not teaching you that, or any other spell. I'm the Supervillain, not your teacher. If you want to learn, you can ask for some power, or knowledge, or any number of things to help you on your way, but I'm not just giving you the answer. I'm plain and simple just not that nice." Theresa says.

Amber let out a low hiss. "Fine, whatever. Power or knowledge or ... whatever then," she muttered.

"And cake!" Opal chimed in.

"....And cake," Amber hesitantly agreed.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-07, 01:18 AM
Amber let out a low hiss. "Fine, whatever. Power or knowledge or ... whatever then," she muttered.

"And cake!" Opal chimed in.

"....And cake," Amber hesitantly agreed.

"Very well. Knowledge..." She says, a blue, black and green energy swirling in her hand before entering Amber's mind.

And the other one appears to be making something out of random pieces and bits of magic. It's...a button. Which she hands to Amber. "And cake."

Hawkflight
2015-06-07, 02:15 AM
Amber looked down at the ground, pondering this new knowledge, while Opal examined the cake button.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-07, 04:47 PM
"Okay, so some sort of...mental projection. Or she's an queen ice bitch. Got it." Technocrat thinks to herself. She then says "Hey, his hard drive's in here. What kind of interesting hero would I be if I didn't at least try to redeem the poor idiot?" She lets her staff poof away into holographic dust, putting a hand on her hip as she says so, giving Theresa a smirk.

"Redeem how? I never forced him to do what I asked. I didn't even program him to be this way, it's just how he ended up. If you mean you wish to alter his programming in such a way that he is forced onto your side, you are essentially mind-raping him. And if that's your intent, I'm going to have to do something..." She cracks her neck. "Drastic."

LaZodiac
2015-06-07, 04:51 PM
Technocrat puts up her free hand as if she's telling Theresa to calm down. "Don't worry, it's nothing like that. Just...teaching. Therapy. I'd do the same with a dude who went around smashing cars because he wants to fight. Though with less body exploding. If you don't want me to I won't, though."

She'll then tap into the radio waves to see if any police are coming by, and begins mentally preparing a speech to introduce herself to them. Multitasking and all that.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-07, 04:56 PM
"Very well then." Theresa says, and snaps her fingers. A book materializes in front of Technocrat.

"Here are the blueprints for a more balanced body for him, along with a few minor modifications you can make to his programming to help him be a little more productive. He'll never not love fighting thugh. You just might be able to push him more towards fighting the right people.

Anyway, as you have not decided on your reward, and Bill doesn't want one, shall I move on?" She asks.

LaZodiac
2015-06-07, 05:19 PM
"Yeah, that's what I was shooting for. Thanks. There's questions I'd like to ask, but I'd personally feel better figuring them out myself, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it more that way. So for now...I'll hold off on asking something of you. So yeah, get going. Super Villain's can stick around when the police are showing up, after all." Technocrat answers, taking the book in one hand while holding Sovereign's head a little closer with the other. Bill had a point, she was their 'villain'. But if she was doing it for her enjoyment, maybe it'd be safe to ask something...she makes a mental note to message her about it later, once all the excitements worn down.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-07, 05:49 PM
"You would be correct. Anyone else have requests, questions, or concerns before I leave?" She asks

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-08, 11:27 PM
"I do have a question, actually." Bill asked, arms folded. "Are you actually a villain?"

Hawkflight
2015-06-09, 01:50 AM
"I do have a question, actually." Bill asked, arms folded. "Are you actually a villain?"

Though she was in the middle of digesting her new knowledge, Amber perked up her ears to better listen, as this was something she'd been wondering herself.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-09, 04:58 AM

"Very well, but I'm counting this as your reward. As with the others, you cannot share this reward.

Bill receives his answer mentally.

Though she was in the middle of digesting her new knowledge, Amber perked up her ears to better listen, as this was something she'd been wondering herself.

Unfortunately, as Amber has already spent her reward, she does not get to hear the answer to this question.

LaZodiac
2015-06-09, 06:11 PM
With that, once Theresa leaves, Technocrat will turn to the others and say "Well...I suppose this makes us a team. I'll be waiting to meet with the police, tell them what happened. How about you guys?"

Hawkflight
2015-06-09, 08:55 PM
With that, once Theresa leaves, Technocrat will turn to the others and say "Well...I suppose this makes us a team. I'll be waiting to meet with the police, tell them what happened. How about you guys?"

"Wait, what?" said Amber. She hadn't signed on for some crazy superhero team, she was just trying to find a way to break her curse! Besides that, she had school, and hanging out with her friends, and ... well, maybe could help her with the curse, so she decided she'd give it a shot.

"Well ... okay," she said. "I'll have to ask my mom though. And I have school."

LaZodiac
2015-06-10, 09:57 PM
Technocrat rolls her eyes, hidden by her visor. "Well...alright. Guess you should be off then, I'm sure your uh...parents don't want to see you on the news with the police." she says to the cat. She then takes out a small piece of paper from somewhere in her suit and hands it to her. "This is my address and apartment number. Go there once you've got permission, so we can all meet up and introduce ourselves properly."

Technocrat will then turn to the others. "What about you guys?"

The piece of paper is for an apartment building on the street where this fight happened, room 404.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-11, 04:19 AM
Trisek seemed distracted. She glanced around less frequently as the two younger humans talked, her brains abuzz with chatter as she focused to consolidate her thinking.

"I join you." She finally spoke up, eyes focusing. "We can become a pack. Better as a team."

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-11, 12:35 PM
"You know, I usually work alone..." Bill said, looking at his compatriots. They were all so young. Was this going to be... babysitting? "You kids sure you can handle yourselves? A fight hungry robot is one thing, but there are some pretty terrible villains out there..."

LaZodiac
2015-06-11, 12:39 PM
Technocrat laughs. "I was born ready for something like this. Now that we're in agreement, I guess we should wait for the police then?" she hands the alien and Bill a copy of the same sheet of paper she gave the cat.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-11, 01:31 PM
And the police arrive. They look at the group warily, considering one is an alien.

Oh, and the other is Bill.

They have guns out, and quite a few that look like they'd be rather unpleasant to get hit by, just in case, but they aren't actually pointed at the heroes.

"If you mean no harm, put your hands up, and walk towards us slowly." A cop on the loudspeaker says.

LaZodiac
2015-06-11, 01:35 PM
Technocrat puts up one hand and waves, the other holding firmly onto Sovereign's head. "Hello officers. Glad you could make it. As you can see, we've dealt with the robot that was attacking, and everything's fine." she says, walking towards them slowly, as instructed.

Hawkflight
2015-06-11, 02:08 PM
"You know, I usually work alone..." Bill said, looking at his compatriots. They were all so young. Was this going to be... babysitting? "You kids sure you can handle yourselves? A fight hungry robot is one thing, but there are some pretty terrible villains out there..."

"Pffft, don't worry," said Amber, waving a paw dismissively. "We can handle ourselves."

Technocrat rolls her eyes, hidden by her visor. "Well...alright. Guess you should be off then, I'm sure your uh...parents don't want to see you on the news with the police." she says to the cat. She then takes out a small piece of paper from somewhere in her suit and hands it to her. "This is my address and apartment number. Go there once you've got permission, so we can all meet up and introduce ourselves properly."

The piece of paper is for an apartment building on the street where this fight happened, room 404.

"Okay," Amber said, levitating the paper over to her and tucking it under her collar. She was about to leave when ...

And the police arrive. They look at the group warily, considering one is an alien.

Oh, and the other is Bill.

They have guns out, and quite a few that look like they'd be rather unpleasant to get hit by, just in case, but they aren't actually pointed at the heroes.

"If you mean no harm, put your hands up, and walk towards us slowly." A cop on the loudspeaker says.

Opal glanced at Amber. "Should we be worried?" she asked.

Amber shook her head. "Just act like you didn't do anything," she said telepathically.

"But I didn't do anything."

"That's the spirit."

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-11, 02:37 PM
"Hey, Sergeant Brandy." Bill said, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "Did the insurance company OK that payment for the car? I really hope they did."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-11, 03:51 PM
Trisek took the piece of paper, ripping a claw through it and glancing at the piece of paper dangling from her paw. She'd figure out what it meant eventually. The newcomers made her glance around, all the police officers holding weapons and shouting. Trisek froze as she found herself surrounded in short order by a group of humans. She wanted to outrun them, it wouldn't be too hard, but she was going to be joining a pack now, and her pack couldn't keep up. Troublesome. She didn't move, waiting to see what happened next.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-12, 07:20 AM
"Hey, Sergeant Brandy." Bill said, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. "Did the insurance company OK that payment for the car? I really hope they did."

"Yeah they did. Hello again, Bill." Sergeant Brandy says.

"So, let's see what we have here. An illegal alien, a girl and her cat, or possibly vice-versa. Or possibly a little girl and cat mind-switched. A girl who is a floating talking cat away from being a protagonist for a magical girl show, and of course, Bill." Sergeant Brandy sums up.

LaZodiac
2015-06-12, 08:19 AM
Technocrat gives a wide smile. "Thank you, Brandy sir. Glad to see someone can appreciate what I'm going for. The four of us happened to be in the area when this robot, S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N attacked" she says, saying Sovereign's name in a way that enunciated each letter, to give it an air of impressiveness. "After dealing with him, we decided that since our team work was top notch, we should...you know, make one. A team, that is."

Mystic Muse
2015-06-16, 05:02 PM
The sergeant looks at Technocrat quite seriously.

"Alright. If you're serious about this, I'm obligated to inform you of the the rules. As a group, you are still obligated to obey the law. There's a certain amount of collateral damage that's acceptable, but it depends entirely on the situation. If someone is planning to do something that will wipe out all life on the planet? Pretty much anything goes, except intentionally harming civilians. If you're just trying to stop a bank robber or something, copious amounts of property damage are frowned upon to say the least." She says, looking at Bill.

LaZodiac
2015-06-16, 05:08 PM
"I figured as much. Thank you officer." Technocrat will then take out a blank cheque and hand it to her. "Here. Feel free to give this to the mayor so they can at least pay for the damages."

Then with that, she'll wave to the others and mouths "see you later" at them, then flies off to somewhere she can get out of her suit and then returns to her apartment. Unless there's anything else you want to happen first, of course.

The cheque is marked for the account that Theresa gave her.

Hawkflight
2015-06-16, 07:10 PM
"Yeah they did. Hello again, Bill." Sergeant Brandy says.

"So, let's see what we have here. An illegal alien, a girl and her cat, or possibly vice-versa. Or possibly a little girl and cat mind-switched...."

Oh, so he knows about the quantum thingy, interesting.... Amber thought. She made a note to ask him about it later.

"A girl who is a floating talking cat away from being a protagonist for a magical girl show ..."

"That's what she's for!" Opal said, picking up Amber, who meowed and struggled to get free, eventually hopping down. Amber glared at Opal, who looked back with a "What?" expression.

Technocrat gives a wide smile. "Thank you, Brandy sir. Glad to see someone can appreciate what I'm going for. The four of us happened to be in the area when this robot, S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N attacked" she says, saying Sovereign's name in a way that enunciated each letter, to give it an air of impressiveness. "After dealing with him, we decided that since our team work was top notch, we should...you know, make one. A team, that is."

"I didn't do anything!" Opal said, in a tone that said, "I'm helping!" Amber just facepawed.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-18, 10:56 PM
Trisek pauses for a moment too long, just awkwardly standing still before the officers. Finally she tilts her head slightly in acknowledgement, as she was trained to do when humans said something, and then zipped off. Perhaps she could figure out what this claw decoration said...

Mystic Muse
2015-06-21, 02:18 AM
Eventually, despite some potential setbacks, the group all make it to Technocrat's apartment without TOO much trouble. On the way, the ghost of a woman Amber doesn't recognize approaches her with a cryptic message, before unhelpfully disappearing so that she can't be questioned further.

It's a young girl, roughly Amber's age, and she kinda looks vaguely like a kid who might have grown into Theresa, except for the fact Theresa is, you know, alive. She has blue black and green hair, a blue mana hoodie, a wizard hat of all things, some very baggy jeans, a purse with Princess Celestia on it, and soul-staring eyes, wearing a very somber expression. The girl was fairly obviously a witch, not just fond of magic.

All she says to Amber is, "They didn't love me." Before disappearing.

Anyway, they show up at Technocrat's apartment, where Technocrat has some potentially interesting information for them (the riddle that's also an address).

LaZodiac
2015-06-21, 02:34 AM
After the last of the team arrives, Lucy closes the windows and door to her apartment. They showed up a lot faster then she had expected, so the apartment was a bit of a mess, a half empty pizza box sitting on a coffee table among other trash. Lucy herself, out of her suit, was just wearing blue jeans and a white tank top, hair back to it's normal shoulder length blonde hair, and pink framed glasses instead of her techno-visor.

She gets some water from the fridge and hands it out to the others, a little hesitantly for Trisek, and gets a beer for herself. "So..guess introductions are in order? We are going to be a team, after all. I'm Lucy, Lucy Lampiere. You guys might of missed it during the fight, but I'm...ahem, the 'Hard-light Digistructed Technocrat'. I know Bill from the news, but I imagine the..." she hesitates a moment "...the alien and cat wizard might not. And of course the news doesn't tell anything. Feel free to help yourself to the pizza as well by the way, it's fresh...ish."

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-21, 11:22 AM
Bill shrugged and grabbed a slice of the pizza. "Hello, superpowered aliens, cats, and ladies. Its a pleasure. I'll introduce myself officially, just to be polite; I'm Bill, the superhero. I fight supercrime in this city. I'm pretty successful, too, most of the time."

Hawkflight
2015-06-21, 11:44 AM
Before following the others to the apartment, Amber led Opal to a secluded spot where she made sure nobody was watching. Confident that nobody could see them, Amber levitated a small, black cell phone out of Opal's pocket, opened it and made a call.

*ring, ring* ... "Hello?"

"Hi mom, it's me. Opal and I are going to hang out with some friends after the library, so we'll probably be back in a couple hours."

"Which friends?"

Amber hesitated for a brief moment before answering. "Sapphy," she lied. She didn't want to explain everything that had happened just yet, her mom might not let her go!

"....Okay, Amber. Be careful, and keep an eye on Opal. Did you eat?"

"Yeah mom, I'm fine, I'll be back later."

"Okay, stay safe dear."

*click*
Amber hung up the phone, putting it back in Opal's pocket. She was just about to lead the way to the apartment when ...

On the way, the ghost of a woman Amber doesn't recognize approaches her with a cryptic message, before unhelpfully disappearing so that she can't be questioned further.

It's a young girl, roughly Amber's age, and she kinda looks vaguely like a kid who might have grown into Theresa, except for the fact Theresa is, you know, alive. She has blue black and green hair, a blue mana hoodie, a wizard hat of all things, some very baggy jeans, a purse with Princess Celestia on it, and soul-staring eyes, wearing a very somber expression. The girl was fairly obviously a witch, not just fond of magic.

All she says to Amber is, "They didn't love me." Before disappearing.

"Wait, what?" Amber said, but it was too late, the ghost was gone. Frowning, she levitated the note Tech had given her and checked the address before leading the way there.

---

After the last of the team arrives, Lucy closes the windows and door to her apartment. They showed up a lot faster then she had expected, so the apartment was a bit of a mess, a half empty pizza box sitting on a coffee table among other trash. Lucy herself, out of her suit, was just wearing blue jeans and a white tank top, hair back to it's normal shoulder length blonde hair, and pink framed glasses instead of her techno-visor.

She gets some water from the fridge and hands it out to the others, a little hesitantly for Trisek, and gets a beer for herself. "So..guess introductions are in order? We are going to be a team, after all. I'm Lucy, Lucy Lampiere. You guys might of missed it during the fight, but I'm...ahem, the 'Hard-light Digistructed Technocrat'. I know Bill from the news, but I imagine the..." she hesitates a moment "...the alien and cat wizard might not. And of course the news doesn't tell anything. Feel free to help yourself to the pizza as well by the way, it's fresh...ish."

When Lucy gave Amber her water in a cereal bowl (knowing full well it would have been a cat dish if she'd had one), she gave the girl a flat look. She didn't say anything however, and instead levitated Opal's water glass to herself and took an indignant sip from it (though she did have to stick her muzzle in just a bit). A little water got up her nose, but she resisted the urge to sneeze.

Bill shrugged and grabbed a slice of the pizza. "Hello, superpowered aliens, cats, and ladies. Its a pleasure. I'll introduce myself officially, just to be polite; I'm Bill, the superhero. I fight supercrime in this city. I'm pretty successful, too, most of the time."

Amber nodded. "I'm Amber, a witch," she said. She gestured to Opal. "This is Opal, my familiar." After a second, she figured she should probably explain. "We, ah, got mind-swapped when I ... screwed up the 'familiar' spell."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-21, 01:01 PM
Trisek was the last to arrive, zipping up the fire escape and tapping on every window, often shocking the residents who saw a orange monster at their window glaring at them before disappearing a moment later. When she got to the Technocrat's open window, she almost passed on from Lucy's color change, before she noticed Bill, Opal, and Amber. She hesitantly stepped through the window, glancing around at the apartment, and spit the note out of her mouth where she had been carrying it.

"I give you thanks." She said as the water was handed her way, grasping it between her paws. This was a familiar ritual to her, humans handing her glasses of liquid to put to her face. She lifted the glass up, sticking her tongue in it lazily, not to drink but more in a show of solidarity. Then she merely moved her tongue back in, and pulled the glass away.

The others introduced themselves. Trisek's tail swished behind her, only a little dangerously, though she had carefully positioned herself not to knock anything over. "Greetings, TechnoCrat-kit, Trooh-Bill, Amber-kit, and Opal-kit." She started. "Trisek is what I am known. I want the idea to being a pack all with you." Trisek says awkwardly, as she puzzled over the parsing. "Give me excuse... Excuse me. I am excited to be a pack with you all."

Her tail swung forward and wrapped around a pizza, bringing it to her face. "What sort of animal was this before it was flattened?" She wondered aloud, licking at the blood beneath the cheesy exterior, before her face froze in confusion.

LaZodiac
2015-06-21, 01:11 PM
Lucy sits down at a chair near the coffee table, cracking open her beer and drinking a little. "Many animals, Trisek. Mostly pig...I think. Sausage pizza is weird."

After a brief moment to let everyone get settled, Lucy speaks up "So, we've got a speedy alien, a witch in a cat body, myself, and Bill. Theresa sure picked an interesting team, huh. Did she give you guys a riddle? She gave me one, and I kind of want to see if she gave the same to all of us. I think I've figured it out, but it's...interesting, to say the least."

Hawkflight
2015-06-21, 01:47 PM
Amber sat down, curling her tail around herself as she levitated a black 3DS XL out of Opal's bag, unfolding it and turning it on in front of her.

Her tail swung forward and wrapped around a pizza, bringing it to her face. "What sort of animal was this before it was flattened?" She wondered aloud, licking at the blood beneath the cheesy exterior, before her face froze in confusion.

"The great pizzasaurus," said Amber. "Great, cheesy beasts that roam the plains and serve as a delicacy for high-school and college kids."

After a brief moment to let everyone get settled, Lucy speaks up "So, we've got a speedy alien, a witch in a cat body, myself, and Bill. Theresa sure picked an interesting team, huh. Did she give you guys a riddle? She gave me one, and I kind of want to see if she gave the same to all of us. I think I've figured it out, but it's...interesting, to say the least."

Amber shook her head. "Not me," she said.

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-21, 06:41 PM
Bill shrugged. "She gave me money. Kind of an odd bird, that Theresea. Kind of an odd bird..." He busied himself with pizza consumption, nibbling on it, before glancing at Trisek. "Did you kill everything you ate on your home planet? Didn't mix stuff together very much? Most of this is vegetables or animal byproduct..."

Hawkflight
2015-06-21, 06:48 PM
Bill shrugged. "She gave me money. Kind of an odd bird, that Theresea. Kind of an odd bird..." He busied himself with pizza consumption, nibbling on it, before glancing at Trisek. "Did you kill everything you ate on your home planet? Didn't mix stuff together very much? Most of this is vegetables or animal byproduct..."

"Tasty, tasty animal byproduct," Amber remarked, taking some for herself. Opal, meanwhile, sat nearby, watching patiently. "She didn't give me anything, just cast some dumb illusion on me to 'blow up' the library."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-21, 08:07 PM
Lucy sits down at a chair near the coffee table, cracking open her beer and drinking a little. "Many animals, Trisek. Mostly pig...I think. Sausage pizza is weird."

"The great pizzasaurus," said Amber. "Great, cheesy beasts that roam the plains and serve as a delicacy for high-school and college kids."

"Oh." Trisek said after they explained the pizza. Her tail casually swept down to set the pizza slice on the floor, though old cheese clung to her tail spines. Humans were weird; she thought about them genetically modifying plants and animals casually for consumption. She shivered slightly. "I eat a wide variety of anhooick, erm, like birds. We keep them in farms on the roofs of our buildings, much as humans do. When do you eat those?" She asked casually.

Trisek paused for a second, before shaking her head. "Kah'Therr-Essa is not a bird, I hope; she is much less appetizing and looks very much more like a human. Also she has not my way given a puzzle."

LaZodiac
2015-06-21, 08:19 PM
Lucy laughs a bit. "Hah, guess you've got some thing in common Amber." She takes another drink, then says "So...she didn't tell you a riddle or anything? Huh. 'To force heaven, Mars shall have a new Angel.' is what she asked...and I think I've got it figured out."

Lucy puts her beer down and brings up her lap top, which is currently wired to the head of Sovereign that's resting in the corner. She starts typing away at it "I just figured I'd let you guys have a crack at it to make sure I'm right. You all seem like smart people. Or smart cats. Or smart aliens."

While on her computer Lucy is going to start running a diagnosis of Sovereign's operating system and code from his hard drive, to try and get a read of what kind of robot he is so she can better help him. She's also going to take a peek into his file folders to see if there's anything juicy in that hard drive beyond his inner workings. Here's a technology roll in case I need it: [roll0]

She's also going to load up google maps and search for 247 Marshall Avenue, going off her hunch.

Hawkflight
2015-06-21, 08:53 PM
Lucy laughs a bit. "Hah, guess you've got some thing in common Amber."

"Huh?" Amber asked, tilting her head.

"So...she didn't tell you a riddle or anything? Huh. 'To force heaven, Mars shall have a new Angel.' is what she asked...and I think I've got it figured out."

Lucy puts her beer down and brings up her lap top, which is currently wired to the head of Sovereign that's resting in the corner. She starts typing away at it "I just figured I'd let you guys have a crack at it to make sure I'm right. You all seem like smart people. Or smart cats. Or smart aliens."

Amber glanced up at the ceiling, thinking. "Sailor Mars?" she guessed offhandedly.

[roll0]

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-21, 09:31 PM
"Sounds like some kind of prophecy." Bill said, chewing on his food and talking at the same time. "Like maybe coup in the heavens that Mars is propogating, and their champion is rising. Mars is usually used as a stand-in for war, or violence. Perhaps there's some burgeoning supervillain that's going to rock the world, or something? Or it might have something to do with Archangel..."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-21, 10:07 PM
Trisek stared blankly at the earthly references. Her subbrains scattered to try to figure out what the words even meant, coming back with the equivalent of a 404 error.

She put the cup up to her face, booping it to her nose, and held it there.

LaZodiac
2015-06-21, 10:21 PM
"Actually Bill, you may be on to something..." Lucy turns the laptop around so they can see that she's on Google maps. "The answer to our little riddle is...a location. To force heaven, Mars shall have a new Angel. 247, Marshal Avenue, Angel Hospital."

Lucy finishes her beer, crunching the can in her hand and tossing it aside. "So how about it team? Who wants to go to the abandoned crazy house for crazy people?"

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-23, 03:40 AM
Bill blinks slowly. "Wait, what?" He says, cocking an eyebrow up. "Are you... sure that's the answer?" He asks slowly, sounding it out more slowly in his head. He guessed it... might check out."Ah, well, whatever. I hit up abandoned crazy houses all the time anyway."

Hawkflight
2015-06-23, 09:19 PM
"Actually Bill, you may be on to something..." Lucy turns the laptop around so they can see that she's on Google maps. "The answer to our little riddle is...a location. To force heaven, Mars shall have a new Angel. 247, Marshal Avenue, Angel Hospital."

Lucy finishes her beer, crunching the can in her hand and tossing it aside. "So how about it team? Who wants to go to the abandoned crazy house for crazy people?"

Amber looked up at Lucy. "What, now? Well, I was gonna study magic...." she said uncertainly.

LaZodiac
2015-06-23, 09:23 PM
"It's an abandoned insane asylum. There's bound to be a few ghosts or brain demons or something. Practical magical experience is just as good as hittin' the books." Lucy points out.

Hawkflight
2015-06-23, 09:27 PM
"It's an abandoned insane asylum. There's bound to be a few ghosts or brain demons or something. Practical magical experience is just as good as hittin' the books." Lucy points out.

"If I want ghosts, I'll just summon some," Amber pointed out. Still, she had a point. Amber sighed. "I'm gonna need more pizza."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-24, 01:41 AM
"Let us approach the home of madness." She says, her voice reverberating through the glass still at her nose, before she casually hands it to he tail to be set on the floor beside the pizzaslice.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-24, 03:16 AM
And the group heads off to the insane Asylum.

Once they get there, they notice the reason that every attempt to turn this place into something productive has failed. There's just a feeling of utter wrongness. It's not anything extreme, but it's like that feeling where someone is watching you in a room you know is supposed to be empty.

And the final thing that confirms something is wrong. There's a message on the front door that writes itself as you're looking at it.

"Lose and win, or win and lose? Now cowards, you must choose. Bow your heads and creep away, or you and yours will curse this day."

The writing is bordered by, of all things, two dragons that used to be angels.

Who wants to go into the clearly haunted, possibly desecrated insane asylum?

LaZodiac
2015-06-24, 09:20 AM
Technocrat turns on her visor's infrared, scanning the outside of the building. Expecting it to be cold, if all those internet ghost stories are to be believed on what ghosts do to a place. "Well, no time like the present. Lets see just how truthful that little note is..." she then goes to open the door, surprised it isn't boarded up and honestly expecting it to be locked.

Hawkflight
2015-06-24, 12:45 PM
"Wait!"

Amber glanced up at the note, but she was distracted by analyzing this feeling of utter wrongness about the place. Sure, she was familiar with ghosts (she consorted with them all the time), but something about this place felt ... different.

[roll0]
EDIT: The place was desecrated, that much she could tell. And she had a feeling that, given enough time, she could probably reverse that. The funny thing was, this was mostly thanks to the knowledge Theresa granted as her prize - sure, she knew about this kind of stuff from her studies, but reversing it in practical application was another matter entirely.

"Hang on, this place is desecrated," she said. "I think I can reverse it, just give me five minutes." And with that, she started attempting to reverse this magic....

LaZodiac
2015-06-25, 10:19 AM
Technocrat hesitates at the door. She looks closer at the note, and cringes. She turns to look at Amber. "So...what exactly do you mean by desecrated? And how do you figure you can reverse it? I mean, we're supposed to be here for a reason, after all."

Hawkflight
2015-06-25, 10:48 AM
Technocrat hesitates at the door. She looks closer at the note, and cringes. She turns to look at Amber. "So...what exactly do you mean by desecrated? And how do you figure you can reverse it? I mean, we're supposed to be here for a reason, after all."

"Y'know, desecrated," said Amber. "Zombies, ghosts, that kind of stuff."

Meanwhile, Opal was hovering nervously near the border of the "bad feeling" area. Amber, with half a thought, used her telekinesis to drag her over. "I'll need your help."

"O-Okay...." Opal said nervously. She held her hands out, not sure what to do.

"There, hold that and focus."

LaZodiac
2015-06-25, 10:50 AM
"Oh okay."

Technocrat then blasts the note (and the door) with her Rayblast until the door is destroyed. She'll then walk on in.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-30, 01:07 PM
Within ten minutes, Amber has purged the desecration from the place.

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-30, 03:41 PM
Bill blinks. "It couldn't have been that easy, could it? Usually ghosts and curses are... you know... tough to beat. You seriously just cleansed the whole shebang, like that?" Bill snaps. Ghosts were some of his most frustrating foes, usually.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-30, 03:45 PM
Meanwhile, as Amber walks in, she'll notice something...odd.

The inside of the place is immaculate. Almost like it's never been abandoned at all. Hell, there's even a nurse at the front desk, blowing gum as she sits in her chair. She has...well, her hair looks like the night sky, and she has raven wings. Either she's a really friggin' good cosplayer...or she's Daylight's End.

Now may be an appropriate time to run. Just sayin'

LaZodiac
2015-06-30, 04:16 PM
Technocrat looks around. She's a little surprised by who she's seeing at the desk, and raises an eyebrow as she examines the desk. She turns on her infra-red vision, trying to see if everything in the area is real, or at least giving off heat. "Hello...I believe we're here to see a patient?" she asks Daylight's End, trying to sound professional.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-30, 04:17 PM
Trisek waited for the two humans to finish talking, before she stepped into the decrepit old building, except... neither decrepit or old? Hm. Trisek had never heard of 'ghosts' before, but whatever kind of creature they were probably still weren't faster than her, just given how slow Earth is. Trisek almost felt like the raven winged nurse behind the desk was waiting for whomever was entering next.

"Greetings, human. Do you have knowledge of Kah'Ther-Essah?" She asked obliviously to any danger. She scraped her claws against her head frill, giving them a slight sheen.

Mystic Muse
2015-06-30, 04:22 PM
Technocrat looks around. She's a little surprised by who she's seeing at the desk, and raises an eyebrow as she examines the desk. She turns on her infra-red vision, trying to see if everything in the area is real, or at least giving off heat. "Hello...I believe we're here to see a patient?" she asks Daylight's End, trying to sound professional.

The room either isn't an illusion, or is an incredibly effective one, as it is in fact giving off the sort of heat it should be, including the woman behind the desk.

"We serve many patients here. You'll have to be more specific." She says. Technocrat might notice a picture on her desk. It seems to be of the woman's family, the mother and father of which are actually people Technocrat's parents used to know.

Trisek waited for the two humans to finish talking, before she stepped into the decrepit old building, except... neither decrepit or old? Hm. Trisek had never heard of 'ghosts' before, but whatever kind of creature they were probably still weren't faster than her, just given how slow Earth is. Trisek almost felt like the raven winged nurse behind the desk was waiting for whomever was entering next.

"Greetings, human. Do you have knowledge of Kah'Ther-Essah?" She asks obliviously to the danger. She scraped her claws against her head frill, giving them a slight sheen.

"Ah, you're here to see madam Theresa? Down the hall, fifth door on the right. Don't touch her though." the woman warns.

LaZodiac
2015-06-30, 04:28 PM
Technocrat lingers a moment, looking at the photo. "Huh...I know these people. Or at least the parents...I kiiiind of know the other one but the little girl, I don't . You wouldn't happen to be related, are you? Or could you tell me about them, at least?" she asks.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-06-30, 04:37 PM
Trisek held a stare on the woman for a moment, before she silently scurried down the hall and to the indicated door. She turned the handle awkwardly and pressed the door open with her snout.

Hawkflight
2015-06-30, 04:40 PM
Bill blinks. "It couldn't have been that easy, could it? Usually ghosts and curses are... you know... tough to beat. You seriously just cleansed the whole shebang, like that?" Bill snaps. Ghosts were some of his most frustrating foes, usually.

"Of course," said Amber, though she seemed a little tired from the effort. "No big deal. Um, you wouldn't happen to have some chocolate or something?"

Meanwhile, as Amber walks in, she'll notice something...odd.

The inside of the place is immaculate. Almost like it's never been abandoned at all. Hell, there's even a nurse at the front desk, blowing gum as she sits in her chair. She has...well, her hair looks like the night sky, and she has raven wings. Either she's a really friggin' good cosplayer...or she's Daylight's End.

Now may be an appropriate time to run. Just sayin'

"....Nope. We're leaving," said Amber. Though despite her words, she did reach out to tentatively try and touch the woman's mind to see if she was indeed a living, thinking being.

Meanwhile, Opal wandered in, seeming more at ease in the surroundings now that they weren't quite as spooky (to her at least).

Tectonic Robot
2015-06-30, 09:41 PM
Bill blinked. What was... was that... a nurse? In a haunted insane asylum? Daylight's End?

This made no sense.

Bill crouched down, next to the cat. "You sure you got all those boogymen out? Because for the life of me, I don't know why Daylight's End would be running reception at an abandoned ghosty insane asylum where our arch-nemesis is currently locked up."

Hawkflight
2015-06-30, 09:54 PM
Bill blinked. What was... was that... a nurse? In a haunted insane asylum? Daylight's End?

This made no sense.

Bill crouched down, next to the cat. "You sure you got all those boogymen out? Because for the life of me, I don't know why Daylight's End would be running reception at an abandoned ghosty insane asylum where our arch-nemesis is currently locked up."

Instead of responding vocally, Amber opened up a telepathic link with Bill, and the other members of the team while she was at it. "Shoosh," she said. "Just think your response, we don't want anyone to hear us. ....And no, just the desecration. There's still something weird or obscure or powerful or something here."

LaZodiac
2015-06-30, 10:37 PM
"Oh cool the child's a telepath too. I do so love having my thoughts probed. Anyway uh...I kind of figured, but thanks. Don't go prying in my head though." Lucy thinks back. (Cause she's Lucy in her head, obviously.)

Hawkflight
2015-06-30, 10:55 PM
"Oh cool the child's a telepath too. I do so love having my thoughts probed. Anyway uh...I kind of figured, but thanks. Don't go prying in my head though." Lucy thinks back. (Cause she's Lucy in her head, obviously.)

"I know, I know, pinkie promise," Amber said. Wait, didn't she have paws right now?

Mystic Muse
2015-07-01, 12:15 AM
Technocrat lingers a moment, looking at the photo. "Huh...I know these people. Or at least the parents...I kiiiind of know the other one but the little girl, I don't . You wouldn't happen to be related, are you? Or could you tell me about them, at least?" she asks.

"My family. They basically pulled me back from the brink. My dad died five years ago, my sister passed away two years ago. My mother, Elizabeth. Is still around but we don't see each other often."

Trisek held a stare on the woman for a moment, before she silently scurried down the hall and to the indicated door. She turned the handle awkwardly and pressed the door open with her snout.

There's a man, roughly six and a half feet tall with short blonde hair, and looking quite dapper. He also looks ticked off at the woman in the nearby bed.

He walks off, walking straight past Trisek, giving her a glare before doing so.

In the bed is quite recognizably Theresa. But this isn't an insane asylum setup. It's more like a hospital, with her on life support. There's also a timer on the wall, counting down. According to it, in roughly six months, she'll be dead.

Trisek needs to make a will save.

"....Nope. We're leaving," said Amber. Though despite her words, she did reach out to tentatively try and touch the woman's mind to see if she was indeed a living, thinking being.

She was indeed a living thinking being.

This made no sense.

"Daylight's End doesn't live here any more. My name is Laura." She responds

LaZodiac
2015-07-01, 12:20 AM
"Huh...well, I'm sorry Laura. I knew your parents...and I think I might of known you a little too, just..." Technocrat gestures to the wings "Just not this you, I guess? Do you know what this place is? I mean...other then an insane asylum?"

Hawkflight
2015-07-01, 12:25 AM
Amber frowned curiously, but elected to follow Trisek into the room, keeping an ear out for the conversation already in progress.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-07-01, 02:27 AM
Instead of responding vocally, Amber opened up a telepathic link with Bill, and the other members of the team while she was at it. "Shoosh," she said. "Just think your response, we don't want anyone to hear us. ....And no, just the desecration. There's still something weird or obscure or powerful or something here."

As Trisek pushed the door open she heard the voice in her head, pausing for an infinitesimal instant. The response Amber first got sounded like a room full of noise at once, with Trisek nearly shouting in slow segmented words between the noise.

"T’Tss Trooih-kitnor nanih-twasors G-osst-orehsess. G-oost-oreors nanih-twasors, hmah kit-cat nanih-twasors G-oost-oreors hmerr trooh-hooman nanih-twasors G-osst-orehsess." "Why?!" "Trooih-tor… teeah-tih… tih… sehoh… nerreh… tineh… Hooman… istanor-twasors… trooih-troosor… tih… sehoh… nerreh… tineh…" "Do We!" "Trooih trooh-nor hm’ohn ssihss-tortoon ihck-tih cht’hm’oroh-trork-tortoon, hmah Ck’tss Troohih ihck-tih sorscht’oroh-isstanor. Trooih-ikitn torsinao-tih teeihc-kah." "Want-None!" "T’T’T’! T’T’T’: Cht-n! Trooih-cht’n-isti! T’T’T! Ck’tss: Trooih ihck troosor! Trooih teeah! Trooih-tahn teeah! T’T’T!""Hear!" "T’Tss: kaherr nanih-sahsi kiterr, hm’ohn kiterr-ikitn nanih-twasors T’T’T’ikahn. Trooih troohnor: kaherr norkah-sahsi kiterr, hm’ohn kiterr-ikahn nanih-twasors T’T’T’ikahn. Hmn kaherr-ikahn troohnor-orsi Trooih." "Us?!"

There's a man, roughly six and a half feet tall with short blonde hair, and looking quite dapper. He also looks ticked off at the woman in the nearby bed.

He walks off, walking straight past Trisek, giving her a glare before doing so.

In the bed is quite recognizably Theresa. But this isn't an insane asylum setup. It's more like a hospital, with her on life support. There's also a timer on the wall, counting down. According to it, in roughly six months, she'll be dead.

Trisek needs to make a will save.
She pressed on into the room, taking note of the surroundings and the glaring human, his body language sadly lost on Trisek, as she scanned the room, before coming on Kah'Ther-Essah's bedridden body...
[roll0]

Hawkflight
2015-07-01, 12:52 PM
As Trisek pushed the door open she heard the voice in her head, pausing for an infinitesimal instant. The response Amber first got sounded like a room full of noise at once, with Trisek nearly shouting in slow segmented words between the noise.

"T’Tss Trooih-kitnor nanih-twasors G-osst-orehsess. G-oost-oreors nanih-twasors, hmah kit-cat nanih-twasors G-oost-oreors hmerr trooh-hooman nanih-twasors G-osst-orehsess." "Why?!" "Trooih-tor… teeah-tih… tih… sehoh… nerreh… tineh… Hooman… istanor-twasors… trooih-troosor… tih… sehoh… nerreh… tineh…" "Do We!" "Trooih trooh-nor hm’ohn ssihss-tortoon ihck-tih cht’hm’oroh-trork-tortoon, hmah Ck’tss Troohih ihck-tih sorscht’oroh-isstanor. Trooih-ikitn torsinao-tih teeihc-kah." "Want-None!" "T’T’T’! T’T’T’: Cht-n! Trooih-cht’n-isti! T’T’T! Ck’tss: Trooih ihck troosor! Trooih teeah! Trooih-tahn teeah! T’T’T!""Hear!" "T’Tss: kaherr nanih-sahsi kiterr, hm’ohn kiterr-ikitn nanih-twasors T’T’T’ikahn. Trooih troohnor: kaherr norkah-sahsi kiterr, hm’ohn kiterr-ikahn nanih-twasors T’T’T’ikahn. Hmn kaherr-ikahn troohnor-orsi Trooih." "Us?!"

"English please," Amber thought back, possibly interrupting the lizard.

Mystic Muse
2015-07-01, 05:15 PM
"Huh...well, I'm sorry Laura. I knew your parents...and I think I might of known you a little too, just..." Technocrat gestures to the wings "Just not this you, I guess? Do you know what this place is? I mean...other then an insane asylum?"

"It's where Madam Theresa has decided to reside for the remaining days of her life. It has a special meaning to her."

Amber frowned curiously, but elected to follow Trisek into the room, keeping an ear out for the conversation already in progress.
Due to failing your will saves, while within the room, all your stats other than mental ones are functionally zero and you have no powers. This means Amber and Opal are switched back for the duration of their stay.

Basically, you're all perfectly standard members of your races for the duration of your stay.

LaZodiac
2015-07-01, 05:24 PM
Technocrat nods, and after thinking for a moment, deactivates her suit and puts the pendant down into her shirt. Her pink blazer is a little bunched up as if she had been wearing it for a few hours, but otherwise she was dressed the same as she was in her apartment. "Thanks Laura. I'll go ask what the importance of this place is to Theresa herself. I'll see you later, maybe?"

After receiving her answer, Lucy will then walk to Theresa's room. She see's the blonde man as he leaves Theresa's room, almost bumping into him. She flips him off, then goes into Theresa's room.

Will save in case I have to: [roll0] +0 because I'm not in the suit.

Upon seeing Theresa hooked up to a machine, she cringes a little. She covers her mouth with her hand, in part in thought and in part to make sure she doesn't breath out too close to someone this evidently sick with a beer on her breath. "So...guess this is our powerful villain, then? Guess this is why you wanted heroes, I guess. One final bit of fun before you kick it...I think I know what I'll ask you as my reward for 'slaying your dragon', but I won't bother you with it now, we can handle it later tonight. What I want to know is...why did you want us to see this? If you can answer, of course."

Tectonic Robot
2015-07-01, 05:45 PM
Bill stands there for a few more moments, gazing at 'Laura'. He watches as the rest of the party walks out, still glancing at her. Is she going to do something? ...Evidently not. He puts his hand in his pockets and follows the Technocrat. "Have a pleasant rest of your shift, miss."

Hawkflight
2015-07-01, 06:22 PM
OPAL:

While the humans (and other assorted bipeds) talked among themselves, Opal decided to wander around the place for a bit. She didn't stray too far from Amber, of course. After all, Amber was both her witch (her being a familiar) and her owner. But that didn't mean she couldn't explore a bit. So she wandered around the room a bit, maybe up the hallway, when suddenly she felt dizzy, as if the world itself was shifting. For a brief moment, she felt as if she were back in her feline body; she turned and ran in a panic....

AMBER:

As soon as she entered the room and saw what was going on with Theresa, Amber froze in shock and terror. She felt her magic shut down, and her brain lock up as she comprehended just what was happening to Theresa, on a magical level. No, this was all wrong, this ... this shouldn't happen. This shouldn't even be possible, at least for a human. As her vision blurred and the world shifted, and she began to feel her human body coming back to her, it dawned on her ... Theresa wasn't a human. She wasn't even of this world, or necessarily even of this universe. She was some sort of ... eldritch thing, a great old one. In a panic, she turn and ran, tripping over herself as she threw out her hands to catch her fall....

OPAL:

After a moment, Opal felt her human body returned, and the world stopped shifting. Tripping over herself, she fell over in the main room near the hallway, where she lay for a moment to get her bearings before standing up again and brushing her dress off. What was that? she wondered.

AMBER:

Amber ran out of the room and hid on the other side of the door, panting as if she had just run a marathon. Despite the wall between them, in her minds eye, she still saw Theresa and the pure reality eating her alive, and shivered.

Mystic Muse
2015-07-02, 09:13 AM
Technocrat nods, and after thinking for a moment, deactivates her suit and puts the pendant down into her shirt. Her pink blazer is a little bunched up as if she had been wearing it for a few hours, but otherwise she was dressed the same as she was in her apartment. "Thanks Laura. I'll go ask what the importance of this place is to Theresa herself. I'll see you later, maybe?"

After receiving her answer, Lucy will then walk to Theresa's room. She see's the blonde man as he leaves Theresa's room, almost bumping into him. She flips him off, then goes into Theresa's room.

"...If it were not for my mother's wards, I would destroy you for your impudence." He says simply, before glaring at Laura and walking off. he seems to basically hate everyone in here.

As he leaves, what very little remains of the desecration effect goes with him.

Will save in case I have to: [roll0] +0 because I'm not in the suit.

Upon seeing Theresa hooked up to a machine, she cringes a little. She covers her mouth with her hand, in part in thought and in part to make sure she doesn't breath out too close to someone this evidently sick with a beer on her breath. "So...guess this is our powerful villain, then? Guess this is why you wanted heroes, I guess. One final bit of fun before you kick it...I think I know what I'll ask you as my reward for 'slaying your dragon', but I won't bother you with it now, we can handle it later tonight. What I want to know is...why did you want us to see this? If you can answer, of course."

"I am not so far gone as to not be able to answer. As for why I wanted you to see this...I'm going to explain what is going on, and then give you a choice. You can either believe me, or kill me. You have very little reason to assume I'm not lying to you after all. Honestly though, I was hoping that you would take a lot longer to figure the riddle out."

"I have been around, in this form, since long before there were even mortal entities with the ability to think for themselves. I've lived through the breaking of Pangaea, the rise and fall of the dinosaurs, all of it. And over the course of that time, I have done...many things. Some of these things had to be done, but that doesn't make them any better."

"The first of my children to materialize on this plane was the one who walked out. He now goes by The Lord of Wastes. He utterly despises humanity, and wants to destroy all traces of it, before reshaping the world in his image. He...used to be better, I assure you."

"My children require certain circumstances for them to materialize on this plane. The Lord of Wastes inhabited the first human to betray his kin, often referred to as Cain. He's lived through the best and worst of humanity, and cares solely about the worst. I...it pains me to say this, but I do not know if he is even capable of being redeemed. Unfortunately, he is also the strongest of my children. While not a match for me in my true form...as you can see, I've lived too long and am now relegated to this bed. The only reason he hasn't killed me is that he can't use his powers while in my presence, and refuses to try and vanquish me any other way."

"Next, She Who Makes the Clay Dolls Dance. She is the most...reasonable of my children, and unfortunately, also the weakest. She isn't even capable of proper destruction, only creation. She doesn't even desire to be capable of it, as the mere act of destruction is anathema to her very nature. She has actually created humans herself throughout the years, including several superhumans.

Ironically, she materialized after a great act of destruction, specifically the victim of an act of massacre roughly ten thousand years ago.

"Last...there once was a little girl who lived in a quiet little town with her mother and father. She was a happy child, and loved her mother and father as most children do. She knew of some of the more unpleasant aspects of the world, but she didn't care. She loved her mother and father, and they loved her back...or at least, that's what she thought. You see, her parents didn't love her because she was their daughter; they loved her because of what they planned to do with her. They worshipped a certain god, and they loved their god more than their daughter.

On her thirteenth birthday, her parents revealed to her why she had been born. While other sects of their church wished to give birth to their god, or simply live peaceful lives in a pact with their god, the sect that the little girl's parents belonged to had other goals. They did not believe their god should be on this earth...at least not until the unbelievers could be purged. And so they told their daughter that her entire purpose in life was to be drained of her essence, so that they might forge a weapon that could smite whoever or whatever they so desired. To cleanse the world of those that do not believe, to usher in their paradise.

They tormented their daughter, brought upon pain and suffering to her, so that she had no strength left save for her will and her mind. All through it they laughed and were gleeful, even when their daughter wept and sobbed from what they did to her. They said the same things over and over again. "Feel the love of God. Feel your ascension into his glory. may the love of God guide you."

It was then that the little girl stopped loving her parents. She realized they had never loved her, had never seen her as anything more than the means to their goals. She became very angry and hateful, but she did as her parents wanted. She lost everything she was so that they could have their weapon, and kill for their god. The daughter poured all of her rage, all of her hate, all of everything that her love had held back into the weapon. Every unchecked drop of emotion was placed into it. It was as she placed her very soul into it.

The daughter seemed to be revived, though the parents suspected that she was now the weapon they so desired. As they tried to pick her up, to use her in their cause, it burned them, burned their minds, and burned their souls. My other son, who now inhabited her body plunged their psyches into nightmares too horrible to comprehend, offering reprieve only so that it could be snatched up, and the haunting of their very beings could continue.

Before the parents received their final suffering, they asked him why, why would he do this to them? They loved their god, and had even sacrificed the life of her own daughter for him.

My son replied, "Because humanity were my gods, and all I have done is follow your teachings of love."

And as those words were etched into their last thoughts, the parents descended into madness and death, A Piece of the World is Missing laughing, ______.

He decided to desert me after his other mother died, and I have not seen him since. He has stayed in the girl's body, and not changed it in any way, considering doing so an insult to the girl who sacrificed herself for him. Of course, her soul is still in the body, and has unwittingly influenced my son, granting or at least teaching him morals he never had before.

The last person I wish to talk about is my wife, Alexandria. Fate decided to be a bit of a jerk to her. Despite having two superpowered parents, and a superpowered little sister...she was completely normal. Other than the fact she was actually willing to love me...but of course, my son, the Lord of Wastes, completely despised her. He kept trying to kill her...but it never actually worked. Of course, it didn't matter. Alexandria was...very attached to being human. This meant, when she came down with a...certain disease, she didn't want me curing her. She passed away three years ago. I imagine at this point, she's waiting for me to join her."

"And now is where you make your choice." Theresa says after her very very long explanation. She reaches into her nearby night-stand, and pulls out what looks like a very intricate dagger, holding it out handle-first.

"You have two choices. And if you choose one, you can never choose the other. You can believe me, and choose to try to stop my son, with a bit of guidance. Or you can decide I'm lying, and kill me right now."

LaZodiac
2015-07-02, 10:11 AM
Lucy stands there for a moment, before shaking her head. Her blood has run out from her face. "Ha....haa...okay then. That's...that's a lot to take in. Though I suppose it answers a lot of...everything about you, I guess? Yeah...I'm not touching that fancy knife of yours. What I am going to do is get severely drunk. Then start planning upgrades to my suit..." her words trail off, in part from shock and in part from brainstorming.

Hawkflight
2015-07-02, 01:42 PM
Amber listened to everything, her feline hearing picking it all up easily. When everyone had finished speaking, she quietly said, "....I wanna go home."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-07-03, 06:43 PM
Trisek stood before the woman, blinking a few times. "Ah, you are Waekhmon..." The other humans seemed uncomfortable with the concept, with their statements of wanting to leave, which confused Trisek a bit. "What is it you wish to teach us of the coming fight, Kah'Ther-Essah?"

Tectonic Robot
2015-07-05, 12:42 AM
Bill blinks. Then blinks again. Then blinks a third time. ...What?

[roll0]

Bill lounged against the doorway, the senior superhero seeming... calm? Unworried? "Why go through the trouble of pretendin' to be a villain, then? Seems like a big hassle. If you had just asked me, I woulda helped ya." Bill said, gently, arms folded, tone quiet.

Mystic Muse
2015-07-09, 07:16 PM
"Why go through the trouble of pretendin' to be a villain, then? Seems like a big hassle. If you had just asked me, I woulda helped ya." Bill said, gently, arms folded, tone quiet.

"Because you are the first four to actually believe what I'm saying."

Trisek stood before the woman, blinking a few times. "Ah, you are Waekhmon..." The other humans seemed uncomfortable with the concept, with their statements of wanting to leave, which confused Trisek a bit. "What is it you wish to teach us of the coming fight, Kah'Ther-Essah?"

"Everything. If I'm not going to be around, you'll have to know how to fight my children at full power."

Amber listened to everything, her feline hearing picking it all up easily. When everyone had finished speaking, she quietly said, "....I wanna go home."

Theresa lifts her hands up, and concentrates some energy.

Mber feels an Espeon nuzzling against her, and Opal the same with her favorite pokemon

LaZodiac
2015-07-09, 07:27 PM
Lucy realizes she recognizes the man she just flipped off moments ago as someone in the family picture. "Oh...oh good I've flipped off ultra satan. Well, today's been interesting." she thinks to herself. She'll then say "Well...I guess we've got what we came for. We've gotta get stronger, now more then ever. I'm concerned by your saying 'Children' because I've got a feeling that means we're fighting more then one. Hopefully they're not on each others sides...at any rate, the best we can do is continue." Technocrat holds out her hand, palm down. "You guys with me?"

Mystic Muse
2015-07-09, 07:46 PM
Lucy realizes she recognizes the man she just flipped off moments ago as someone in the family picture. "Oh...oh good I've flipped off ultra satan. Well, today's been interesting." she thinks to herself. She'll then say "Well...I guess we've got what we came for. We've gotta get stronger, now more then ever. I'm concerned by your saying 'Children' because I've got a feeling that means we're fighting more then one. Hopefully they're not on each others sides...at any rate, the best we can do is continue." Technocrat holds out her hand, palm down. "You guys with me?"

"It's possible, though not necessarily likely, that a Piece of the World is Missing will decide to become your enemy, though no, he would not team up with, as you dub him, 'ultra satan'." Theresa says.

Hawkflight
2015-07-09, 08:38 PM
Theresa lifts her hands up, and concentrates some energy.

Amber feels an Espeon nuzzling against her, and Opal the same with her favorite Pokemon.

Amber glanced up, surprised and somewhat unnerved by Espeon's sudden appearance. Understanding the situation, however, and grateful for the distraction, she nuzzled the Espeon back.

Opal, meanwhile, crouched by Amber and started petting her. After all, when she was a cat and Amber did that for her, it made her feel better, so it should help, right? Opal didn't have a favorite Pokemon - heck, she didn't even get what Pokemon was, not really being interested in TV and such, so it didn't apply to her.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-07-10, 04:09 PM
Trisek merely nods in agreement, taking in the strange scene. Her paws slide over one another, making a small clicking sound as her talons scrape lightly against other talons.

LaZodiac
2015-07-10, 09:08 PM
Lucy coughs, then goes to leave the room. "Lets go collect our cat friend and go. Theresa...if you have anything else to say, or if you need me, or any of us, you know where to contact us. Guess we've got work to right, right guys?"

After making sure everyone is ready to go, Lucy will turn her suit back on and then leave, to make sure that no one see's Lucy leave after Technocrat entered just in case.

Tectonic Robot
2015-07-28, 12:16 AM
Bill blinked, and for a few moments, he saw through Theresa's disguise. The hero paled slightly, lifting up a hand to rub behind his head. "Sheesh. Two days ago I was fighting The Clean Up Crew, now I'm fighting gods. What a life this hero business is, eh?" He cracked his neck, folding his arms. "Well, no time like the present. Let's go fight some crime."

Hawkflight
2015-07-28, 12:22 AM
Amber swiftly hopped away from Opal, composing herself as the others walked out of the room. After hearing everything, and thinking about it, she had a few things to say, but that would have to wait until they left. Besides, it wouldn't do for her to look all weepy and scared, she was about to be a hero! And heroes just didn't do that.

Mystic Muse
2015-08-06, 05:50 AM
Lucy coughs, then goes to leave the room. "Lets go collect our cat friend and go. Theresa...if you have anything else to say, or if you need me, or any of us, you know where to contact us. Guess we've got work to right, right guys?"

After making sure everyone is ready to go, Lucy will turn her suit back on and then leave, to make sure that no one see's Lucy leave after Technocrat entered just in case.

Theresa does have something to say, but it's for Lucy's ears only. Which is why it's being told to Lala in Skype. It's not relevant to anyone else anyway.

"I'll let the four of you get to know each other better, and do a few missions before sending you after my kids. This isn't a mission to be undertaken lightly. If you need some advice, or for some ungodly reason want to visit me, you know where to find me.

One more thing. Lucy, you guys will want to seek out Elizabeth Lovegood at some point. She can help you guys quite a bit...in fact, I'll send you an email of some people you can start by seeking out. Unless someone finds some way to heal me, you WILL need an army of superheroes to deal with the Lord of Wastes." She says, before letting them leave.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-08-06, 11:32 AM
Trisek stood around awkwardly for a moment, not moving for the longest time during the conversation. Humans liked when she stood still, as opposed to her normal buzzing about and almost nervous energy, so she tried to contain herself for the great old one in the bed before her. When the conversation finished up, she waited still, statuesque, before finally slowly walking out after the others.

Mystic Muse
2015-08-19, 06:53 AM
And the group leaves. They presumably wave goodbye to the woman who may or may not be Daylight's End, and walk outside the Asylum.

Everyone may talk amongst themselves as they wish, and respond to the spoiler when the group has agreed to moving on.

"Hello Lucy. It's Theresa again. I figured your team could use a teambuilding exercise, both to get some practice in, and get your name out there. I figured you'd want something relatively safe, so that if you screw up, nothing extremely bad happens.

A group of about 6 small time supervillains are going to be holding up a bank within a few days at 4 PM sharp. The Bank is located at 8200 Morgan Avenue. They'll take hostages, but they have no intention of actually hurting anybody. They're greedy, they aren't monsters.

If you can beat this group of people, the world will start taking notice, which is part of what needs to happen.

The group is known as the 'Superior Six" for some ungodly reason.

If you succeed, I'll grant each of you some additional power over and above what you would get just from the experience. If you fail, you'll still get a little something, and the consequences won't be that bad, though you will all take a reputation hit.

Also, I know you've been altering Sovereign. I hope the new form, if you've had time to build it, can help you in your mission.

I'm telling you this a few days in advance specifically to let the four of you prepare in any way you wish, and to give you time to relax beforehand.

Sincerely, Theresa.

Hawkflight
2015-08-19, 01:16 PM
And the group leaves. They presumably wave goodbye to the woman who may or may not be Daylight's End, and walk outside the Asylum.

Everyone may talk amongst themselves as they wish, and respond to the spoiler when the group has agreed to moving on.

Amber trotted along happily, her gait almost smug. For after recovering from her bout of fear, she'd remembered something and was just bursting for someone to ask her about it.

Meanwhile, Opal was looking around at the others, thinking to herself.

LaZodiac
2015-08-19, 02:08 PM
Technocrat looks at the sky as they leave the secret hospital. She won't fully comprehend the gravity of what happened until later, but for now she feels a wistful sort of burgeoning purpose. She see's Amber trotting along, and briefly considers picking her up before deciding against it an just asking "What're you so happy about, Amber?"

Hawkflight
2015-08-19, 04:47 PM
Technocrat looks at the sky as they leave the secret hospital. She won't fully comprehend the gravity of what happened until later, but for now she feels a wistful sort of burgeoning purpose. She see's Amber trotting along, and briefly considers picking her up before deciding against it an just asking "What're you so happy about, Amber?"

"Oh, noooothing~" Amber said. "I was just remembering something from my studies that might be able to cure her."

LaZodiac
2015-08-19, 04:57 PM
"Oh, noooothing~" Amber said. "I was just remembering something from my studies that might be able to cure her."

"Care to share? Truth be told I was thinking of something something like that myself. Between that and fixing up Sovereign of course." Technocrat answers.

Hawkflight
2015-08-19, 10:38 PM
"Care to share? Truth be told I was thinking of something something like that myself. Between that and fixing up Sovereign of course." Technocrat answers.

Amber suddenly looked a bit less certain, but she rallied quickly.

"I'll ... um, I'll tell you later," she said.

Opal looked at her in confusion. "Why later?" she asked. "Why not ... yipe!" she was cut off when Amber swiped a paw at her leg, causing her to stumble and almost trip.

"What was that Opal?"

"Um, nothing!"

LaZodiac
2015-08-19, 10:43 PM
Technocrat shakes her head and shrugs "I guess it'll be a race to see who develops a cure first; my technomagic and your cat wizard magic. Competition breeds productivity, so I guess you've got the advantage here."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-08-21, 12:32 PM
Trisek didn't seem to be following the rest of the group at first, then she was, her pitterpatter of clawed toes snapping against the ground in a flurry as she popped up behind them. She bent down into a crawl on her belly, legs and tail flailing back and forth in a very lizard-like manner, as she crawled up to Amber swiftly and gave her a tiny lick. Her tongue was dry and had a rocky texture.

A moment later she was back on her feet behind the two and said, "Her advantage is with her productivity? What makes you so slow to work that she will finish first?"

LaZodiac
2015-08-21, 03:11 PM
Technocrat gives a little laugh "Oh, nothing. It's uh...just a human thing, Trisek."

Hawkflight
2015-08-21, 11:01 PM
Technocrat shakes her head and shrugs "I guess it'll be a race to see who develops a cure first; my technomagic and your cat wizard magic. Competition breeds productivity, so I guess you've got the advantage here."

Dang right she had the advantage, she thought. This was a magic issue, and she sincerely doubted any of this girl's little toys would make a significant difference.

Trisek didn't seem to be following the rest of the group at first, then she was, her pitterpatter of clawed toes snapping against the ground in a flurry as she popped up behind them. She bent down into a crawl on her belly, legs and tail flailing back and forth in a very lizard-like manner, as she crawled up to Amber swiftly and gave her a tiny lick. Her tongue was dry and had a rocky texture.

A moment later she was back on her feet behind the two and said, "Her advantage is with her productivity? What makes you so slow to work that she will finish first?"

Amber just gave Trisek a look that basically said, "....Dafuq?"

LaZodiac
2015-08-22, 01:46 AM
Technocrat suddenly stops a moment, as if remembering something. "Oh, right, Trisek. At some point I need to take you shopping for a bluetooth earpiece or something to wear so we can contact each other. I suppose we also need to find a place for you to stay...since I'm not really sure where you're living right now, being an alien and all."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-03, 04:54 PM
Amber just gave Trisek a look that basically said, "....Dafuq?"

Trisek tilted her head almost vertically as she stared down at the incredulous look, trying to piece it together, her eyes wide and searching, examining the cat for meaning.

Tectonic Robot
2015-09-03, 04:59 PM
Bill followed the group, hands in his pockets. He... wasn't really in this curing race at all. "So... we're on a mission to go stop a bunch of cosmic abominations from tearing the world up. I know I'm the oldest hero here, but that's a bit out of my experience, honestly..."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-03, 05:05 PM
Technocrat suddenly stops a moment, as if remembering something. "Oh, right, Trisek. At some point I need to take you shopping for a bluetooth earpiece or something to wear so we can contact each other. I suppose we also need to find a place for you to stay...since I'm not really sure where you're living right now, being an alien and all."

"What animal does the blue tooth come from that it would help you contact me?" She said as her subbrain that was processing the question finally caught up. "Oh, I have many places to stay. Food boxes, I was told humans do not mind. There are..."

Trisek zipped off, only to reappear about minute later.

"Three? In the... Block."

LaZodiac
2015-09-03, 05:10 PM
Lucy just kinda shrugs. "Eh, I'll explain it to you later. As long as I have a way of contacting you when we need to meet up, it's all good."

She'll then turn to Bill and says "Yeah...I think we can handle it. That might be the buzz talking. Anyway, I think it's time to go our separate ways, for now." Lucy will then give a wave goodbye to everyone, before flying off home.

Hawkflight
2015-09-03, 05:18 PM
Trisek tilted her head almost vertically as she stared down at the incredulous look, trying to piece it together, her eyes wide and searching, examining the cat for meaning.

Amber just rolled her eyes and kept walking.

LaZodiac
2015-09-04, 07:20 PM
A few days later...

Everyone has been called to Lucy's apartment. This time it's far better stocked with food, though still about as messy. Shuffled away in a corner is a bag of dry cat food as well. In the other room some music can be heard playing, presumably by Sovereign's head, as Lucy had at least managed some progress on setting him up. You can hear him singing to the music, faintly "We're no strangers to loooove~". Lucy is sitting in her chair with her laptop on the coffee table in the middle of the room, turned to everyone. On the screen is the email Theresa had just sent her.

"Hello Lucy. It's Theresa again. I figured your team could use a teambuilding exercise, both to get some practice in, and get your name out there. I figured you'd want something relatively safe, so that if you screw up, nothing extremely bad happens.

A group of about 6 small time supervillains are going to be holding up a bank within a few days at 4 PM sharp. The Bank is located at 8200 Morgan Avenue. They'll take hostages, but they have no intention of actually hurting anybody. They're greedy, they aren't monsters.

If you can beat this group of people, the world will start taking notice, which is part of what needs to happen.

If you succeed, I'll grant each of you some additional power over and above what you would get just from the experience. If you fail, you'll still get a little something, and the consequences won't be that bad, though you will all take a reputation hit.

Also, I know you've been altering Sovereign. I hope the new form, if you've had time to build it, can help you in your mission.

I'm telling you this a few days in advance specifically to let the four of you prepare in any way you wish, and to give you time to relax beforehand.

Sincerely, Theresa.

After giving everyone time to read it, Lucy takes a drink of her beer and asks "So...what do you think guys?"

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-05, 11:45 PM
Shuffled away in a corner is an alien, who (after taking a long stock of the apartment and of the letter) immediately stuck her nose in the bag of catfood, and seems to be trying to coyly and couthly free herself from the bag, though her long claws keep making tiny tears in the plastic. Trisek grumbled and turned toward the girl with the beer, the bag spilling a bit as it hung from her face and neck, a single eye clear through a rip. She shrugged slightly.

"Strange, is the letter." She spoke up, her voice muffled by the bag. "Why wait days? Could we fight them now? At least we could be in the bank when they decide to hold the crime though, yes?"

LaZodiac
2015-09-06, 12:02 AM
Lucy thinks for a moment. "That could work. Might be a little hard for you and Bill to sneak in undetected, but Amber and I could easily be on the inside for when it happens. We can't stop them before they commit the crime however, that'd defeat the purpose. Also technically be illegal I think, I'm not sure how futurecrime works. Other then being an awful movie."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-06, 11:12 PM
Trisek paused for a moment and groped the bag in both paws, pulling it tightly, until it ripped free of the head quills it was attached to. Maybe a quarter of the bag went spilling out, scattering over the floor. She set the remainder back in the corner.

"I hide then." Trisek says nonchalantly. A piece of the bag shimmers from a horn. Trisek does... what almost counts for a grin, though she'd likely give small children nightmares with the big toothed smile and wide deathly eyes. A second later she curled up into a ball. Her quills and horns were shifted to be almost hidden, and she resembled a large boulder with her rocky skin. She stayed absolutely still, too; there was not a hint this cold ball was alive.

LaZodiac
2015-09-06, 11:15 PM
Lucy nods. "Neat trick! Someone's gonna have to clean that mess up but lets focus on the important stuff right now."

Hawkflight
2015-09-07, 12:28 PM
A few days later...

Everyone has been called to Lucy's apartment. This time it's far better stocked with food, though still about as messy. Shuffled away in a corner is a bag of dry cat food as well. In the other room some music can be heard playing, presumably by Sovereign's head, as Lucy had at least managed some progress on setting him up. You can hear him singing to the music, faintly "We're no strangers to loooove~". Lucy is sitting in her chair with her laptop on the coffee table in the middle of the room, turned to everyone. On the screen is the email Theresa had just sent her.

Sincerely, Theresa.

After giving everyone time to read it, Lucy takes a drink of her beer and asks "So...what do you think guys?"

Amber looked at the e-mail for a moment before responding.

"Which day will it happen?" she asked.

Shuffled away in a corner is an alien, who (after taking a long stock of the apartment and of the letter) immediately stuck her nose in the bag of catfood, and seems to be trying to coyly and couthly free herself from the bag, though her long claws keep making tiny tears in the plastic. Trisek grumbled and turned toward the girl with the beer, the bag spilling a bit as it hung from her face and neck, a single eye clear through a rip. She shrugged slightly.

"Strange, is the letter." She spoke up, her voice muffled by the bag. "Why wait days? Could we fight them now? At least we could be in the bank when they decide to hold the crime though, yes?"

Opal picked up a couple pieces of catfood in her fingers, sniffed them, then popped them in her mouth. Biting down, she made a face of disgust and promptly spat them out, reaching for some water to wash it down.

Ignoring her for the moment, Amber continued. "Do we know where they are? Opal can still communicate with other cats, maybe she can have them spy on them?"

Tectonic Robot
2015-09-07, 12:32 PM
Bill steps inside, a little bit... on the late side. He mumbles something about traffic before the mustachioed superhero drops his hoodie on the table, leaving him in a white T-Shirt with 'Francis O'Donnely's 29th Annual All You Can Eat Pork Fest' emblazoned on the front. He sits in a chair, yawning and slouching. "Hey, gang. What's going on, again?"

LaZodiac
2015-09-07, 12:37 PM
Bill steps inside, a little bit... on the late side. He mumbles something about traffic before the mustachioed superhero drops his hoodie on the table, leaving him in a white T-Shirt with 'Francis O'Donnely's 29th Annual All You Can Eat Pork Fest' emblazoned on the front. He sits in a chair, yawning and slouching. "Hey, gang. What's going on, again?"

"We got an email from Theresa, telling us about a crime that's going to happen. We're gonna use it to get out name as heroes out." Lucy explains mater of factly. She then explains a bit about Trisek's plan, and asks for any input he may have.

Amber looked at the e-mail for a moment before responding.

"Which day will it happen?" she asked.

Ignoring her for the moment, Amber continued. "Do we know where they are? Opal can still communicate with other cats, maybe she can have them spy on them?"

Lucy stops for a moment, then sighs and rests her head in her hands. "That's...a very good point Amber. The email doesn't say when or where. I guess I'll have to email her back and ask that. As for your cat spy idea...don't take it personal but I know how most cats work, I doubt they'll be on our side. Feel free to try it though, every little bit helps."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-07, 01:19 PM
Trisek the boulder does not move or even react to the ongoings around her.

Tectonic Robot
2015-09-08, 12:50 AM
Bill frowns a little. "Lemme tell you kids, getting your name out there isn't everything is cracked out to be. At first, you think its great, oh, you punched an armored car full of stolen valuables through a wall, but then the guys who owe the building want money, you don't have money..." He trails off. "Why are we getting our names out there again? I forgot. Also, uh... cool boulder, Technocrat? Why do you have a rock in your room..."

LaZodiac
2015-09-08, 01:02 AM
Lucy gives Bill a sort of sarcastic look. "First of all it's due to our little arrangement with Theresa. We're a hero team after all, gotta get known. Secondly, don't worry we have a Bill budget. Thirdly...that's Trisek she was trying to show me something but I think she fell asleep. Amber, Opal, go poke her or something. We kinda need the team all here if we're gonna discuss our game plan."

Hawkflight
2015-09-08, 08:54 AM
Amber settled in, pulling out her smartphone and stylus with her magic. Turning it on, she booted up Skype and opened up a chat window with her friends (Ruby and Sapphire).

"That's ... a very good point Amber. The email doesn't say when or where. I guess I'll have to email her back and ask that. As for your cat spy idea ... don't take it personal but I know how most cats work, I doubt they'll be on our side. Feel free to try it though, every little bit helps."

"Oh? You know better than an actual cat?" Amber said wryly. Of course, she was probably right, but still....

Lucy gives Bill a sort of sarcastic look. "First of all it's due to our little arrangement with Theresa. We're a hero team after all, gotta get known. Secondly, don't worry we have a Bill budget. Thirdly...that's Trisek she was trying to show me something but I think she fell asleep. Amber, Opal, go poke her or something. We kinda need the team all here if we're gonna discuss our game plan."

Amber dropped her smartphone and proceeded to materialize a balsa wood bat - not dense enough to actually hurt, but solid enough to be noticed. She then picked it up in her telekinesis and whacked THE BOULDER with it.

"So, I think we know Trisek's wrestling name now," she commented.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-08, 11:19 AM
*thwak*! The wooden bat resonated against the rocky orb, rolling it a bit. It looked very much like the reaction one would get from smacking a large rock. However, Trisek showed no sign of response.

Hawkflight
2015-09-08, 12:12 PM
Amber tapped a paw to her chin, considering the situation. There were two things she could do here. The first was use a telepathic spike in order to break through the alien's unconscious state, hopefully waking her up. The second, however, was much more fun.

Dropping the bat, she summoned a new one, this one shaped remarkably like a leek. Levitating her phone, she began to play a familiar song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZWwqTnqxdk) and start thwacking the alien repeatedly with the balsa wood leek.

LaZodiac
2015-09-08, 12:36 PM
The bottom of Lucy's left eye twitches slightly. She looks over at her erstwhile companions. Trisek, apparently stuck in hibernation. Opal, a cat in a human body who just tried to eat cat food. Amber, a girl in a cat's body currently bopping Trisek repeatedly with a stick. Bill.

"Oh my god we're doomed."

After a brief moment of existential self reflecting, Lucy speaks up, trying to sound as confident as before. "S-so...everyone keen on the plan? Any further questions slash suggestions?"

Tectonic Robot
2015-09-08, 02:27 PM
Bill frowned. "Hey, hey, Amber. Even if your teammate is in some kind of lizard hibernation thing, that doesn't mean you can just smack her around with... whatever you're... I don't know. Besides, she's some kinda alien lizard, right? I think getting her cold blood warmed up would probably do a better job of waking her up than any stick based shenanigans." The mustachioed superhero took off his Pork Fest shirt and tossed it on top of the lizard, rubbing his chin. "...Maybe need more warming up than that, honestly..."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-08, 02:58 PM
Trisek is now a motionless rock covered in a large eating contest shirt being thwacked with a giant wooden vegetable repeatedly by a small cat in time to music.

Hawkflight
2015-09-08, 02:58 PM
Bill frowned. "Hey, hey, Amber. Even if your teammate is in some kind of lizard hibernation thing, that doesn't mean you can just smack her around with... whatever you're... I don't know. Besides, she's some kinda alien lizard, right? I think getting her cold blood warmed up would probably do a better job of waking her up than any stick based shenanigans." The mustachioed superhero took off his Pork Fest shirt and tossed it on top of the lizard, rubbing his chin. "...Maybe need more warming up than that, honestly..."

"Yyyyeah, last time I tried conjuring fire I burned down half the house," Amber said wryly. "Not too keen on doing that again. But...." Closing her eyes, Amber attempted to probe into Trisek's minds and communicate telepathically, shouting "WAKE UP!" to all of her minds at once.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-08, 05:29 PM
"Yyyyeah, last time I tried conjuring fire I burned down half the house," Amber said wryly. "Not too keen on doing that again. But...." Closing her eyes, Amber attempted to probe into Trisek's minds and communicate telepathically, shouting "WAKE UP!" to all of her minds at once.

Trisek's brains seem almost completely inactive. The only response Amber gets from her yell that echoes through Trisek's mind is an incredibly low-frequency hum.

Tectonic Robot
2015-09-09, 06:01 PM
Bill folded his arms. The Trisek ball issue didn't seem to be resolving anytime soon. She seemed to be resistant to all attempts to awaken her; heat didn't work, balsa wood slapping failed, telepathy was a no-go. It was time to be a good teammate; to let his allies do what they excelled with while he embraced his own strengths. For now, that was checking out the Technocrat's pantry. He glanced around, before scooting carefully around his teammates's back, making a beeline for the pantry. Time to find out what these people had...

LaZodiac
2015-09-09, 06:07 PM
Lucy ignores Bill raiding her food cabinets and instead focuses on Trisek. Far as she could tell Trisek was the only one with an actual plan, and a good one at that, so waking her up to discuss it some more while the others just sort of paid attention seems reasonable. Lucy goes over to the thermostat and turns it up, figuring the heat would probably get Trisek's lizard-y blood flowing...assuming aliens worked that way.

Inside Lucy's food cabinet there is all sorts of cereals and crackers and chips and other sorts of canned goods. It's all freshly bought, and you imagine it was probably sparse before recently, what with the whole "Lucy having people coming over more often" thing.

Hawkflight
2015-09-09, 06:35 PM
Lucy ignores Bill raiding her food cabinets and instead focuses on Trisek. Far as she could tell Trisek was the only one with an actual plan, and a good one at that, so waking her up to discuss it some more while the others just sort of paid attention seems reasonable. Lucy goes over to the thermostat and turns it up, figuring the heat would probably get Trisek's lizard-y blood flowing...assuming aliens worked that way.

Inside Lucy's food cabinet there is all sorts of cereals and crackers and chips and other sorts of canned goods. It's all freshly bought, and you imagine it was probably sparse before recently, what with the whole "Lucy having people coming over more often" thing.

As the heat turned up - in the middle of summer, mind you - Amber began panting heavily, her fur coat causing her to begin to overheat. The magic grip on her cell phone began to falter. Even Opal looked a bit uncomfortable.

LaZodiac
2015-09-09, 06:37 PM
Lucy grumbles something about cats and turns the heat back to normal. She then sits back down in her chair. Looks like they really where doomed. "So...everyone clear on the plan?"

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-09, 07:22 PM
Small reddish cracks seemed to form on Trisek's shell as the summer heat merged with the indoor heater, making it likely unbearably hot in the Technocrat's apartment. The cracks seemed to stand a while longer, even after the heat was turned down again, until finally they faded and Trisek unrolled out on the floor. She laid there a moment, in a state of bliss.

Finally her bright eyes flicked open, her irises tightening into slits for a second. She growled and shook her head, before standing up. She glanced about, seeing Bill off in the distance and Amber and Opal nearby.

With a bright smile as though no time had passed, she said, "You think slow humans may not notice my rock disguise?"

LaZodiac
2015-09-09, 07:25 PM
"As long as you're able to wake up quickly, and as long as you're not out in the open...then yeah, you'd definitely go unnoticed." Lucy says. Maybe they weren't super doomed after all.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-09, 07:35 PM
"Perfection! And yes, I wake up easily. Put me in the sun, or otherwise exposed to... Combustion. Not complicated or slow. Humans are similar, yes? The sun wakes you?"

LaZodiac
2015-09-09, 07:36 PM
"Okay. So...we can put you on the roof of a building near the bank and when things start happening you can wake up and rush in to help. Sounds good. Bill, you can stay with her to make sure she wakes up yeah?"

Hawkflight
2015-09-09, 09:27 PM
Small reddish cracks seemed to form on Trisek's shell as the summer heat merged with the indoor heater, making it likely unbearably hot in the Technocrat's apartment. The cracks seemed to stand a while longer, even after the heat was turned down again, until finally they faded and Trisek unrolled out on the floor. She laid there a moment, in a state of bliss.

Finally her bright eyes flicked open, her irises tightening into slits for a second. She growled and shook her head, before standing up. She glanced about, seeing Bill off in the distance and Amber and Opal nearby.

With a bright smile as though no time had passed, she said, "You think slow humans may not notice my rock disguise?"

Amber lay on the floor, panting and glaring at Trisek.

"Yeah, perfect," she muttered, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Tectonic Robot
2015-09-09, 10:24 PM
Bill's head popped out from around the corner, crackers sticking out of his mouth. "Mmrmfhrf? Sure." He mumbled, before slipping back inside. Big engines need a lotta food.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-10, 08:25 PM
"Okay. So...we can put you on the roof of a building near the bank and when things start happening you can wake up and rush in to help. Sounds good. Bill, you can stay with her to make sure she wakes up yeah?"Trisek nods. "The heat cycles of your planet don't really make sense, though. Are you sure he'll be able to keep me cool until he is ready to awaken me?"

Amber lay on the floor, panting and glaring at Trisek.

"Yeah, perfect," she muttered, her voice dripping with sarcasm.
She gave another sharptoothed grin, evidently pleased with her own cleverness.

LaZodiac
2015-09-10, 08:28 PM
Trisek nods. "The heat cycles of your planet don't really make sense, though. Are you sure he'll be able to keep me cool until he is ready to awaken me?"

Lucy just sort of looks at Trisek with an expression of exasperation. "...how about you just stay awake while waiting o the roves with Bill, okay?" She'll then look over to Amber and Opal. "So...you two clear on the plan too?"

Hawkflight
2015-09-11, 12:02 AM
She gave another sharptoothed grin, evidently pleased with her own cleverness.

"You're not very good with sarcasm, are you?" Amber remarked.

Lucy just sort of looks at Trisek with an expression of exasperation. "...how about you just stay awake while waiting o the roves with Bill, okay?" She'll then look over to Amber and Opal. "So...you two clear on the plan too?"

Amber glanced at Opal, who nodded. "We're clear."

LaZodiac
2015-09-11, 12:22 AM
"Okay, cool. So...guess this little meeting is adjourned until the day this goes down, huh?" Lucy says. She's going over all the possibilities in her head, and it's pretty clear from her expression.

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-11, 08:39 AM
"You're not very good with sarcasm, are you?" Amber remarked.Trisek paused to process that. "Which is 'sarcasm'? I know not the meaning."

"Okay, cool. So...guess this little meeting is adjourned until the day this goes down, huh?" Lucy says. She's going over all the possibilities in her head, and it's pretty clear from her expression."So the 'time' is cyclic, yes? Were Theresa too preoccupied with her Wah-eh. Should we meet each cycle with our presence?"

LaZodiac
2015-09-11, 09:53 AM
Lucy thinks for a moment, before saying (with some hesitation) "...yes, that."

Mystic Muse
2015-09-21, 09:07 PM
Later the next day, you guys go to scout out the bank at the scheduled time, and...nothing happens.

You do so again the next day...and nothing happens.

FINALLY, on the third day, the group shows up.

...And they look like they mean business.

"EVERYONE! ON THE GROUND! GIVE US THE MONEY AND NO ONE GETS HURT!"

One guy is conjuring flames in his hands, and has a bit of a flame-themed getup. Those who know about local supervillains would know this is the one known as "Hothead."

Next is the local speedster supervillain with lightning based powers, lightning bolt. Despite the name, their outfit is incredibly bland and streamlined, with only a single bolt of lightning on themselves.

Third, is of course a local water-based villain, known fairly commonly as "The slime." She's a rather attractive looking slimegirl, but is definitely not a slouch when it comes to villainy or fighting.

Fourth could be entirely dependent on which element system I'm using! Of course, it's earth, and he's known simply as "The Golem." His name is certainly fitting, as he appears to be made out of solid rock.

And that's the extent of the elemental villains, so obviously I'm using the greek element system.

The other two, the light and darkness based ones don't appear to be here right now. What they're doing is anyone's guess.

LaZodiac
2015-09-22, 05:03 PM
Lucy, who had been sure to stake out where the security cameras are, uses the chaos of the super villains showing up to rush into the bathroom! Hiding in one of the stalls, she activates her pendant and becomes The Digistructed Hard-light Technocrat with a flash of blue light. She hurries out of the bathroom, but is sure to take it a bit more stealthily so she can spring into action at the opportune time. Just needed to wait for Amber and Opal to attack and for Trisek and Bill to show up, to capture them in their pincher attack.

Tectonic Robot
2015-09-24, 09:02 PM
Bill enters through the front door, hands in the pockets of his hoodie, wearing shorts and blue slippers. Don't judge him. The bald, mustachoed, casual superhero stands quietly in the back for a few seconds, waiting until everyone quiets down, before raising his hand up. "Hey, uh, elementals, or whatever?"

He patiently waits until he has their attention. "Hate to be a joy kill, but if you could stop your crime spree and turn yourself in... well, that'd make everyone's jobs a lot easier, don't you think?"

LaZodiac
2015-09-24, 09:20 PM
From her hiding spot, Technocrat observes the four elemental super villains. The plan was to wait for Amber to show up, then fire her Technoshackles at one of them.

Insight check: [roll0]

Hawkflight
2015-09-24, 09:35 PM
Amber was watching, curled up in a corner of the room as she waited for the robbers to arrive. She was in a really irritable mood, because she was supposed to be hanging out with her friends watching Sailor Moon Crystal, but instead she was here, waiting for some quacks to show up and rob the place. And ... here they were.

Being in a foul mood, she decided to take it out on the ones forcing her to be here in the first place. Looking over the group, she attempted to assess which one had the greatest potential power against the others.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-09-24, 09:45 PM
An orange blur flashes down the street! Well, not so much a blur. She's fast, but Trisek isn't /that/ fast. I suppose from a certain viewpoint she could look like a blur? Either way she's going faster than sound so you wouldn't hear her coming. That's gotta count for something.

Anyway.

The scaly alien finally got the signal, though it wasn't comfy wearing that Bluetooth communicator taped to the side of her head. Now she could do something. She ran forward, straight toward the front of the bank! She could see the villains now...

[roll0]

Trisek slammed through the window, glass shattering all around her, falling forward onto her face and rolling a bit! Somehow she still managed to stop with impressive lack of attention to the basic laws of inertia. She stood up with a growl, shaking broken glass out of her head stalks, ready to fight!

Hawkflight
2015-09-24, 10:05 PM
Amber observed the enemy team for a moment before sending off a couple of telepathic messages.

"Uh, guys? I don't think Slimer really wants to be here. Um, maybe go easy on her?" she suggested.
Amber poked her way into the slime girl's mind, delivering a message. "Look, you don't want to be here any more than I do," she said. "Stay out of the way, and we won't hurt you."
Then, Amber decided to play a cruel trick on the guy with the earth powers. He looked nasty, like the kind of bully who kicks puppies for pleasure. She jammed her way into his mind, attempting to plant an image of Hothead and Lightning Bolt turning on him and attacking him.

[roll0]

Tectonic Robot
2015-09-24, 10:14 PM
Bill wasn't sure why he was rolling his insight, but gosh darn it, he was totally rolling his insight. He was totally being cool, though. Very nonchalant and unperturbed.

[roll0]

LaZodiac
2015-09-24, 10:17 PM
After getting Amber's message, and figuring she was doing something to mess with one of them using her powers, she jumps out from behind the corner she was hiding and fires a Technoshackle at Lightning Bolt, the twin chain of hard-light sparkling and crackling as it flies towards him like a pair of bolas!

"Aha! The Superior Six! Or should I say Fearsome Four, considering your current numbers! Your days of evil doing are up!" Technocrat will then strike a pose, pointing defiantly at the four erstwhile bank robbers "Prepare for your one way ticket to jail, courtesy of...the Digistructed Hard-light Technocrat!...and her lovely associates!"

Technoshackles! Affliction10 attack vs Lightning Bolt: [roll0], Dodge DC 20. Degrees of failure are Vulnerable/Stunned/Incapacitated

Hawkflight
2015-09-24, 10:24 PM
Meanwhile, Opal was outside the bank, looking around for any nearby stray cats. She'd noticed that only four of the Superior Six had entered the bank, and thought maybe a nearby cat had seen the remaining two members.

Mystic Muse
2015-10-17, 03:37 AM
~They're my friends. I can't just turn my back on them.~ The Slimegirl says.

"WHY ARE TEAMMATES ATTACKING GOLEM?!" The Earth man shouts, cowering somewhat in fear from his illusory friends.

"Hey! Who did what to our buddy! You'll pay for that!" Hothead shouts, looking quite angry and living up to his name as a result.

Despite Opal's attempts to learn the location of the other two members, the nearby cats weren't particularly helpful, either having not seen them, or being so zonked out on catnip that even if they had they wouldn't be particularly helpful.

Mystic Muse
2015-11-02, 06:45 AM
Reflex/dodge/whatever for lightning Bolt

[roll0]

"Whoa, not cool lady! Alright everybody, gametime!" He says.

Time for everyone to roll initiative.

LaZodiac
2015-11-02, 10:55 AM
Technocrat poses again, pointing towards the villains. "Stand down and this won't have to get violent. I know some of you probably don't want to fight...isn't that right, Slime?"

Initiative: [roll0]

Hawkflight
2015-11-02, 11:11 AM
Amber frowned as THE BOULDER cowered. No no no, this was all wrong! He wasn't supposed to be scared, he was supposed to be angry! Now she just felt bad. She decided to switch the illusion to Hothead. She also decided to leave THE BOULDER out of it, and Slimegirl again, meaning he would just see Lightning Bolt attacking him.

[roll0]

Hawkflight
2015-11-02, 11:14 AM
Now I done bucked up. :smalltongue:

[roll0]

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-11-03, 01:10 AM
Trisek buckled lower, muscles tightening and eyes thin, as she hissed and readied herself to fight.
[roll0]

Tectonic Robot
2015-11-03, 03:04 AM
Bill sighed. "I guess we're doing this the hard way, huh?" He slowly pulled his hands out from the pockets of his hoodie, before cracking his neck. Hero time.

[roll0] Initiative

Mystic Muse
2015-11-14, 11:08 AM
[roll0]Lightning Bolt
[roll1] Hothead
[roll2] The Boulder
[roll3] Slimegirl.

As for the little kid who speaks cat, a somewhat weird cat says smugly "You and your friends should leave. The Worm That Walks approaches.

Hawkflight
2015-11-14, 02:33 PM
As for the little kid who speaks cat, a somewhat weird cat says smugly "You and your friends should leave. The Worm That Walks approaches.

Opal tilted her head in curiosity. "What is The Worm That Walks?" she asked.

Mystic Muse
2015-11-14, 08:00 PM
Opal tilted her head in curiosity. "What is The Worm That Walks?" she asked.

"A foe beyond any of you. Run." The cat says before walking away.

Meanwhile, Lightning Bolt dude rushes at Lucy.

[roll0] 6 damage if it hits.

LaZodiac
2015-11-14, 08:11 PM
oh also guys here is an initiative order Lightning Bolt 38
Amber 27
Trisek 22
Hothead 21
Bill 20
Technocrat 20
Slimegirl 20
The Boulder 17

Technocrat tries to block his lightning speed jab, but gets slugged in the face, and tries to shake it off.

Toughness check: [roll0]

Amber's turn~

Mystic Muse
2015-11-14, 09:08 PM
Hothead seems...largely unaffected. He either knows it's an illusion, or sees right through it.

Lightning Bolt's fist connects with Technocrat's face. It hurts, but it isn't THAT bad. It's still a fist in the fact, but it didn't even loosen her teeth.

Hawkflight
2015-11-15, 04:14 AM
Hothead seems...largely unaffected. He either knows it's an illusion, or sees right through it.

Lightning Bolt's fist connects with Technocrat's face. It hurts, but it isn't THAT bad. It's still a fist in the fact, but it didn't even loosen her teeth.

"Oh for pony's sake, attack each other already!" Amber said frustratedly, firing a telekinetic blast at Hothead.

Auto-hit, 25 damage (DC 25).
Meanwhile, Opal hurried through the doors and over to Amber, quickly telling her about The Worm Who Walks. Amber then forwarded the message to the others telepathically.

"Hey guys? Opal says some weird thing that looked like a cat told her something called The Worm Who Walks is coming, do any of you know what that is?"

LaZodiac
2015-11-15, 08:03 PM
Technocrat telepatchically shouts back "I'll find out when I'm done getting punched in the face please."

Despite that, she will think on it, wondering if her eidetic memory has picked up anything over the years.

Awareness: [roll0]

Tectonic Robot
2015-11-15, 08:35 PM
Bill turned slightly, still in his casual garb. "Eh? A worm?" He mumbles out loud, frowning distractedly. "With legs? That doesn't sound very intimidating at all... I've fought worse things than that..."

Gnomish Wanderer
2015-11-17, 11:25 AM
Trisek merely shrugged. "What's a worm?"

Mystic Muse
2016-01-10, 05:34 PM
Hothead makes a toughness roll.

[roll0]

He shrugs it off.

"...The ****? I'm getting attacked with mind blasts from a freaking cat?"

"I told you guys this wouldn't be worth it!" Shouts the slimegirl.

Hothead has no response. He may be beginning to think she was right.

Trisek's turn.

Gnomish Wanderer
2016-01-12, 01:13 PM
Trisek zipped forward, eyes widening at the combat taking place, looking over the group. Presumably the Boulder, Hothead, and Slime were grouped together, so Trisek swung her tail forward, blasting at them from like 15 feet away so they'd all be hit by her spiked tail, blasting the interior of the bank with shards of keratin! "Stop attempting crime."

Hits all in a 60ft. Cone, DC24 Toughness against

Mystic Muse
2016-01-13, 01:11 AM
[roll0] The Golem's toughness check.

[roll1] Hot Head's toughness.

The shards of Keratin hit all three to various degrees of uselessness.

The Golem braces himself and just shrugs the hit off entirely.

Hotheaf uses his fire powers to makes the shards burn into pieces before they hit him.

And the slimegirl...does nothing. They hit her dead on, and don't seem to affect her at all.

Mystic Muse
2016-01-15, 11:39 AM
The slimegirl has gone from a look of "Not really wanting to be here." to "Freaking ticked off."

"Everyone, code omega. You know what to do."

Hothead turns and looks at...the cat. In fact, the entire party does.

[roll0] Attempt to hit, DC 25 to resist.

Hawkflight
2016-01-15, 09:08 PM
Toughness Check: [roll0]

The fireball simply fizzled out when it reached Amber, simply splashing against her force field. As the enemies stared at her, her eyes shifted between them uncomfortably.

"....What?" she said, twitching her tail. "Don't look at me, I didn't do it!"

Tectonic Robot
2016-01-19, 12:21 PM
Bill steps forward, frown worsening. He never really got these criminals very well. Ah well.

The mustachoied one-man wrecking crew was faster on his feet than he looked--then again, he was pretty much more than he looked in every conceivable way. He downright exploded off the floor of the bank, his fist suddenly on-route to the cheek of a certain Hothead. "I second what the lizard said. Stop attempting crime."

[roll0] Unarmed attack, DC 29.

If the unarmed attack hits, Bill will go for a quick grab. Ignore if unarmed attack failed.

[roll1] If the grab hits, I believe we then roll a strength check.

[roll2] Ignore if grab attempt fails.

LaZodiac
2016-01-19, 12:33 PM
Still a little stunned from the punch Lightning Bolt gave her, Technocrat jumps backward and levels her staff, firing a Ray Blast right at his chest!

Ray Blast vs Lightning Bolt: [roll0] vs Dodge. DC25 Toughness check if it hits.