PDA

View Full Version : [Spartan: Total Warrior] Where's all the cheats?

Kiero
2007-04-21, 06:43 AM
I haven't played the game in ages, mostly because I got stuck under the temple fighting hordes of Romans and got bored playing it over and over again.

But web searches yield only one cheat which rather uselessly unlocks all the levels. I don't want to skip them, I want some invulnerability so I can see them.

What kind of game doesn't have any?

Sephiroth
2007-04-21, 01:01 PM
errr VERY good game don't have any cheats (iam in no mood on that day plz exuser the amount of abusement)

Eldred
2007-04-21, 01:16 PM
Ok, Sephiroth, saying that "he sucks" was uncalled for. Some of us find some games easy, and others hard.

Anyway, yeah, there is only the level skip cheat for Spartan. So, while that means I can't help finding you an invulnerability cheat, GameFAQs have some good game guides here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/926676.html).

Hope it helps.

Kiero
2007-04-22, 05:40 PM
Thing is Sephiroth, us grownups don't have hours at a time to spend playing games, just a stolen half-hour here and there in amongst doing busy life stuff.

And since playing something over and over again until I work out exactly the right combination of button-mashing doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, and I would like to see what the rest of the game looks like, I was after the developers shortcut.

Seen that one, Eldred, but appreciate the effort. I was hoping there might be more, but it doesn't seem like there is. If all else fails I could always try to get the woman to have a go, she's good like that.

elliott20
2007-04-22, 10:34 PM
nothing on GameFaqs, huh?

Kiero
2007-04-23, 03:42 AM
nothing on GameFaqs, huh?

Checked. Seem the level-opener is the only cheat.

Sephiroth
2007-04-23, 07:11 AM
Thing is Sephiroth, us grownups don't have hours at a time to spend playing games, just a stolen half-hour here and there in amongst doing busy life stuff.

And since playing something over and over again until I work out exactly the right combination of button-mashing doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, and I would like to see what the rest of the game looks like, I was after the developers shortcut.

Seen that one, Eldred, but appreciate the effort. I was hoping there might be more, but it doesn't seem like there is. If all else fails I could always try to get the woman to have a go, she's good like that.
just becasue you do bad on it that does not mean you can starts on me becasue i am just better than you

elliott20
2007-04-23, 08:22 AM
just becasue you do bad on it that does not mean you can starts on me becasue i am just better than you
that's not the point, sephiroth. The point is that the guy just doesnt' have time to devote to games like you do. Hell, most people here don't. And going off on him for being unable to quickly pick up a game is really not helpful at all.

Ranis
2007-04-23, 11:43 AM

First of all, you really don't need to be bashing anyone for anything; your lack of ability to type and convey complete thoughts has completely destroyed any credibility that you could have built for yourself. But you didn't. So, please stop wasting internet space with your inane self-righteous babble.

You're not fooling anyone, kid.

OP-Spartan: Total Warrior is a fantastic game. I rented it and beat it a couple of times, and was extremely pleased with that particular sleeper hit; it's good to see that others are playing it as well. Have you thought about trying an easier difficulty setting? That may help you with your problems.

elliott20
2007-04-23, 11:46 AM
If there's no unlockable material tied to the difficulty of the game, I would recommend that too.

Alchemistmerlin
2007-04-23, 01:45 PM
Seeing the rest of the game is the reward you get for having any semblance of skill and beating the earlier levels.

In other words: If you can't beat the level you're on, you don't deserve to see the next level.

As for the "I'm a grown up and don't have time to figure out the button mashing"

How about figuring out the skill or strategy instead then? Your "Grown-up" brain should be able to understand something a "child" could do by simple button mashing in a matter of minutes.

Honestly, I wonder if people used to cheat at chess just to be able to see new configurations of the board.

Sephiroth
2007-04-23, 01:57 PM
no i just beat it first time tho on max differet and ithe hardest part was just the gate of statan (can't spell) and i have dliyixey scine i was born iand i have good grades in my test so i done very well so far so DON'T and i mean DON'T take the mick of me when i can't spell as i have dlitxey.
"You're not fooling anyone, kid." yes i may be a kid BUT i can have more INT than you if you can't answer ethier onf these answers

what do IQ stand for(without using the neti can tell btw)
and what is a TRUE meaning of evil
scine many poeple have ether better writing (or in this case spelling) i am better in more abilters so i just got to say and i agree with Alchemistmerlin about useing cheat to get pass a lvl i ONLY cheat in 3 ways
1. if am that stuck and no faq help me
2.compleaty a game and i wnat to chagew how i do it
3.and i want to =P

Ranis
2007-04-23, 02:07 PM
no i just beat it first time tho on max differet and ithe hardest part was just the gate of statan (can't spell) and i have dliyixey scine i was born iand i have good grades in my test so i done very well so far so DON'T and i mean DON'T take the mick of me when i can't spell as i have dlitxey.
"You're not fooling anyone, kid." yes i may be a kid BUT i can have more INT than you if you can't answer ethier onf these answers

what do IQ stand for(without using the neti can tell btw)
and what is a TRUE meaning of evil
scine many poeple have ether better writing (or in this case spelling) i am better in more abilters so i just got to say and i agree with Alchemistmerlin about useing cheat to get pass a lvl i ONLY cheat in 3 ways
1. if am that stuck and no faq help me
2.compleaty a game and i wnat to chagew how i do it
3.and i want to =P

To be honest with you, I tried to read this. Several times. I think you're asking me questions? Well, if I could read them, then maybe I could answer them, man. And, I never said I was 'smarter' than you, just that your claim lacks any kind of credibility if anyone who has a mild understanding of the English language can't understand your posts.

And, if you're really dyslexic, then that's even more reason to take time with your typing. One suggestion would be to type it into Microsoft Word, so that you have an instant spellchecker. FireFox also has an auto-spellchecker built into it.

Sephiroth
2007-04-23, 02:18 PM
err
my dyslexic is spelling and i don't have word and firefox is crap on my pc

Ranis
2007-04-23, 02:30 PM
err
my dyslexic is spelling and i don't have word and firefox is crap on my pc

Well, I'm sorry to hear that, then.

However, that doesn't mean you have the right to attempt to trash someone else because you are apparently "T3H UB3R 1337 H4X0R!!!11!elven!!"

And if you did, you could at least be concise about it.

Kiero
2007-04-24, 08:38 AM
If there's no unlockable material tied to the difficulty of the game, I would recommend that too.

Might have to try that, don't remember what difficulty I was playing on before, it was literally almost a year ago.

Seeing the rest of the game is the reward you get for having any semblance of skill and beating the earlier levels.

In other words: If you can't beat the level you're on, you don't deserve to see the next level.

As for the "I'm a grown up and don't have time to figure out the button mashing"

How about figuring out the skill or strategy instead then? Your "Grown-up" brain should be able to understand something a "child" could do by simple button mashing in a matter of minutes.

Honestly, I wonder if people used to cheat at chess just to be able to see new configurations of the board.

It's a game. It exists to provide the person who purchases it with entertainment. You derive enjoyment from a sense of "beating" the game, lovely for you, hope you enjoy that high horse of yours. I couldn't care less, I just want to see it through, which is my right as someone who shelled out for the game.

Anyone else with "smart" comments about cheats might as well save them, I'm not interested. Go preach elsewhere. Thanks to those who've been helpful in any case.

Jayabalard
2007-04-24, 10:18 AM
I was after the developers shortcut.just FYI: debug features have to be removed before they are submitted for certification (finding them during testing can be grounds for rejection). They can have in cheat codes/features... but those have to be documented cheats, not debug features.

so 99% of the developer/QA shortcuts are gone by release, all but the few that they turn into intentional cheat codes.

Sephiroth
2007-04-24, 11:09 AM
but only cheat code should be unlocked after you beat the gaem imo
@ranis you know i NEVER have done anything like that also i only said he suck beacuse he was asking for cheat when he didn't compealty the game and do say ANYTHING about anything to me ok i just not in the mood also 'alert alert' you not meant to do slang(yes i read the rules)

Kiero
2007-04-24, 06:29 PM
@ranis you know i NEVER have done anything like that also i only said he suck beacuse he was asking for cheat when he didn't compealty the game and do say ANYTHING about anything to me ok i just not in the mood also 'alert a;ert' you not meant to do slang(yes i read the rules)

Look kid, your fun isn't the same as my fun. The world moves on and accomodates both quite comfortably.

Ranis
2007-04-24, 06:37 PM
@ranis you know i NEVER have done anything like that also i only said he suck beacuse he was asking for cheat when he didn't compealty the game and do say ANYTHING about anything to me ok i just not in the mood also 'alert a;ert' you not meant to do slang(yes i read the rules)

It is appealed to me that you are probably at that age where a good slapping of the wrist, a good 60-day time out, and a bath would do you a whole lot of good.

I'm done attempting to spoon-feed you ways to improve your own credibility here at GITP. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

And at least brick walls have a function in society. However mundane.

Wehrkind
2007-04-24, 10:46 PM
I am glad to hear Spartan is a decent game. I was kind of horrified that they went from Shogun/Medieval/Rome to a game of that nature, though I did love Dynasty Warriors n!. I will have to pick up a copy at Game Stop, though the last thing I need is another way to waste my days off :)

Kiero
2007-04-25, 06:05 AM
As long as you don't expect any better historicity than you got in the Total War series, you'll be just fine. :)

elliott20
2007-04-25, 08:55 AM
Wait, you mean some people actually give the alleged representation of historic events in videogames as academic?

Sephiroth
2007-04-25, 10:57 AM
err how can it be historicity it got myths in it and it not historic only reson i like it becasue of the BLOOD and killing

Amotis
2007-04-25, 11:04 AM
And at least brick walls have a function in society. However mundane.

"The wall is the greatest invention of mankind!"

The jerk, however...