PDA

View Full Version : Bumping, double post, thread necromancy ? part 2

NevinPL
2015-05-21, 07:30 AM
This thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?416275-Bumping-double-post-thread-necromancy) had two issues.
I got the answer to first one (index for my stuff), but the part about updating was left untouched, so I don't know why it was closed.

what if I would like to post updates, changelogs as new posts ?
Explanation:
If I would like to create a thread for some of my homebrew, in homebrew subforum, and then post a new post in that thread, even if my posts were only ones in there, with and update (changelog for example), that I made for the homebrew from that thread, would that be also considered bumping, double posting, etc. ?
I know about the "The original poster of a creation in Homebrew (and only that poster) may revive...", so I'm not asking about that.

Roland St. Jude
2015-05-21, 09:55 AM
Sheriff: As noted in the other thread, if you want an exception to a specific application of a rule, ask for it. There are moderators listed for each section of the forum to help you with that. In general, those are pretty freely granted for these kinds of "please don't" rules.

But no, there's no existing blanket exception that would allow you to do what you are suggesting. Please don't restart this thread a second time.