PDA

View Full Version : The Shadoweir Season 1

Oxe
2015-05-21, 10:50 AM
Frinel:
http://i.imgur.com/ftv6mF5.jpg
You find yourself, like so many times before in front of The Hallowed Old Hollow. The oldest tree in all of the Wealdath, the tree that everything here is somehow connected to. Here is where you could hear Mielikki's voice the strongest through the rustling of the leaves. This used to be a much more oft frequented place. Whenever there was communion to be had with nature. It was in front of the Old Hollow. Before any holy day to any of the elven pantheon of gods the tree was decorated with paint, suns, stars, flowers and birds painted so intricately it was almost a shame they'd be washed away with the next rain. Lovers confessed infront of it. Children danced around it during the four feasts, a holy time seeming less and less inclined to actually be hosted.

It's the day before the Equinox and you're here to give your respects to Mielikki and commune with nature, joined only by a the rustling of the leaves, the song of birds and hum of insects you sit down and close your eyes.
As you listen to the leaves the rustling changes form to a voice more coherent than you've ever heard before.

"Almisi, my child... One of my few who still takes time to talk with me and tend my forests..." the voice echoes in your mind. Giving you such a feeling of warmth, familiarity and safety you're almost overcome, you know it's Mielikki talking to you but the voice begins shake slightly as more words follow: "My children seem more and more distant. They did nothing when my trees where chopped down, my roots pulled from the very earth and the very ground scorced. Only you, the Rose Aurae, The Wild Faedas and the Ashen-handed Kyras heard my screams. I implore you to bring them before me here by my oldest tree. Can I trust you with this task Almisi my child?"

Aurae
You find yourself and Deliquesce standing at the edge of the forest divide, where the road splits the forest in two you can see how the smaller part to the west is clearly suffering the lack of nourishment provided when the root network was connected. The bark has turned from a thick moss covered green to a sickly grey with moss falling to the ground to die. You don't hear the familiar sounds you would from the other sides. No birds, no insects. Leaves fall ever so slowly on the other side. Fall is still a long way away. You're filled with a remorseful sadness; "Why did our people allow this to happen?" Deliquesce's voice stammers a bit, on the verge of tears. Something you've only heard from her once before. She looks to you with questioning, pleading eyes and shivering lips.

Kyras
http://i.imgur.com/rEhIhar.jpg (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Dryad-295997106)
image linked to original artist

You're standing in front of the blackened tree of Sonaka's contemplating things, why you weren't strong enough to protect her, woving to never let anything like this happen again. And woving once more to have your revenge on the Mage that did this. Willow the Dryad phases out of a nearby tree, approaching you. "Kyras my friend" the dryad clasps your ashen hand in two of hers "It pains me so so see you sad. I know Sonaka was dear to you...." she pauses. "Have you heard anything about he who did this?".

Kingsfall
2015-05-22, 09:29 AM
You're standing in front of the blackened tree of Sonaka's contemplating things, why you weren't strong enough to protect her, woving to never let anything like this happen again. And woving once more to have your revenge on the Mage that did this. Willow the Dryad phases out of a nearby tree, approaching you. "Kyras my friend" the dryad clasps your ashen hand in two of hers "It pains me so so see you sad. I know Sonaka was dear to you...." she pauses. "Have you heard anything about he who did this?".

Kyras lets his eyes linger on the blacked remains of Sonaka's tree before turning to look into Willows eyes.
While he did hurt deeply for the loss of Sonaka, what troubled him more was the constant thought of "What if Willow is next".

"Never again....", he whispered

Kyras let go of her hands and turned away so she wouldn't have to see the concern for her in his eyes.
He takes a deep breath in and out; Slowly shutting his eyes.

"I try and remember the full events of that day but they come back in pieces. I remember the attack beginning and the chaos it brought. He raises his ash hand up to examine it. "I remember the blade coming down then hitting the ground. I try to get up but I just don't have the strength. A figure walks into my field of vision. Smoke clouds his figure. I watch as he unleashes another blast of fire into Sonaka's tree. I crawl toward him, but I can never make out the figure. Kyras clenches his fist. With a deep sigh he relaxes and turns back to Willow.

"I've visited a few of the local towns. No such luck. I just need a little more to go on than hazy memories." Kyras pulled a small pouch from his belt and tossed it up and down in his hand. The clink of metal sounded with each toss. I did find some loggers that liked to boast about their "successes" in our forest. I saw fit to relieve them of their earnings.

meltodowno
2015-05-22, 06:13 PM
Aurae
You find yourself and Deliquesce standing at the edge of the forest divide, where the road splits the forest in two you can see how the smaller part to the west is clearly suffering the lack of nourishment provided when the root network was connected. The bark has turned from a thick moss covered green to a sickly grey with moss falling to the ground to die. You don't hear the familiar sounds you would from the other sides. No birds, no insects. Leaves fall ever so slowly on the other side. Fall is still a long way away. You're filled with a remorseful sadness; "Why did our people allow this to happen?" Deliquesce's voice stammers a bit, on the verge of tears. Something you've only heard from her once before. She looks to you with questioning, pleading eyes and shivering lips.

Aurae looked around wide eyed, taking in the entropy creeping to the west. She silently mouthed a curse, unable to give words to the feeling in her gut. Her brow furrowed as her eyes narrowed in barely concealed anger at the scene laid out before her.

"Fear." she started, not looking to Deliquesce lest her own emotions come flooding over "Fear of change. Fear of fighting. Fear of dying. Fear of living."

She shook her head, and finally turned to look at her contemporary. Her hard gaze softened when it fell on her, and her lips curled into a smile.

"Hold it in, Deliquesce. Don't let them see your pain - make them feel it. When the time is right, and Mielikki calls us to action - we must be ready. In her name."

Verte
2015-05-22, 07:52 PM
Frinel is surprised, at first, to hear Mielikki speak with such clarity. She is also relieved until she hears the waver in her goddess's voice. She knows that this is a task of great importance. She gathers her thoughts for a moment, and then speaks "Yes, my Lady, I am devoted to you above all others." She pauses, and continues "I will seek out Aurae, Faedas, and Kyras, and return with them here."

Frinel pauses, kneeling in the glade, her eyes still shut. She is still scared, and still in pain from Sonaka's death. More than anything she wants the love and guidance of Mielikki, but she knows she has to remain strong. She wants to ask her if The Hollow will be lively again, if the Wealdath will be strong again, but she hesitates. She only says, "Thank you, My Lady, for guiding us, even now as many act with weakness." After all, Frinel knows that if Mielikki needs her to know something, she will tell her.

Oxe
2015-05-23, 06:25 AM
Frinel

"Look to the tree of your fallen Sonaka, There you will find the first"The voice fades away.

After a short moment of taking it all in you make your way to Sonaka's burnt tree, where you see a fellow elf. Standing beside him is a beautiful dryad, hair mixed with leaves and vines. Upon closer inspection you can see he's tossing a pouch up and down in a hand that looks somehow grafted on and wooden. This must be Kyras, the Ashen-handed.

The dryad turns to look at you, nodding a greeting and smiling. "Hello Forest-Arm, To what do we owe the pleasure? Or is Sonaka's tree the quarry of your visit?"

Kyras
As you look to see the target of Willows greeting you see Frinel clad in the greens and browns of nature, you can clearly see her carved bone necklace of a unicorn, the symbol of Mielikki.

Aurae
Deliquesce nods. "Yes Aurae" she rises her head in a show of pride, to steel herself against the pain. "This place would be crawling with druids, mending roots and planting new tree's if the Elmanesse council of Elders didn't agree to this Trade Way being built." she pauses for a while "Though I hardly feel the term Elder applies any more. Only Callona Lore-singer is what I'd consider an Elder. The rest are young. It must pain her to be downvoted on matters of the forest"

meltodowno
2015-05-23, 06:01 PM
"And it will once more." her knuckles whitened as she balled them in anger. "There is only one true will, the will of the forest."

She bit her lip as what she was about to say pained her greatly.

"I .... I reject the council. They are corrupt and self-serving. They have lost their way, and seek to lead the people down the path. I will show them a better way." she turned bodily to look Deliquesce in the eyes "Sister ... I know I have no right to ask this of you ... I don't even know how I can accomplish this ... but ..." she hoped she wouldn't have to say the words and left the sentence hanging in the air.

Kingsfall
2015-05-24, 05:57 AM
Kyras
As you look to see the target of Willows greeting you see Frinel clad in the greens and browns of nature, you can clearly see her carved bone necklace of a unicorn, the symbol of Mielikki.
Kyras stops tossing his pouch as Willow turns to greet the approaching individual. His grip tightens on the pouch.

Kyras visibly relaxes when he sees the symbol of Mielikki.

A Forest-Arm gracing us with her presences. Kyras gives a bow, almost condescendingly. an honor indeed

Verte
2015-05-25, 11:03 AM
Frinel looks at Kyras, and says "Hello, you must be Kyras." She gives a short bow, in kind, and continues "As you honor me, I will honor you." She turns to the dryad, and says "I am Frinel Danthoran. I am honored to meet you.", and gives a second short bow to her.

Frinel looks up at Sonaka's tree, and says "I am here to mourn Sonaka, yes, but I also need to speak with you, Kyras. My Lady, Mielikki, has sent me to bring you and two others to her."

Kingsfall
2015-05-25, 01:08 PM
My Lady, Mielikki, has sent me to bring you and two others to her."

Kyras gets a perplexed look on his face
The Forest Queen requests calls for me? Kyras gives a small chuckle.
Thats funny. Pacing back and forth. Gesturing with his real hand.
The lady has many Forest-Arms and Needles at her beck and call. I doubt she needs my help.

Kyras stops and looks back over to Frinel. He sees the seriousness in Frinels expression

Oh...... Your not joking....are you?
Kyras straightens himself and decides the situation dictates a bit more respect. My apologizes. These must be desperate times indeed if you coming to.....Well,....me?

Kyras thinks to himself
Sonoka was a priestess of Mielikki.... The goddess may be furious with her murder. I know nothing of this Frinel, or if he speaks the truth about Mielikki, but I don't really have any other leads right now.

Kyras forces away any worried expressions and adopts a wide grinI'm not sure why the goddess would want me, but if she calls then I can't say no can I?
Kyras turns back to Willow and holds her hand. He whispers to herI would hate to leave you alone, but this may be my best lead to finding Sonakas killer. This may be the clue that I've been looking for. Please take care of yourself. I will return as soon as I can.

Kyras turns back to Frinel. I will need a moment to gather my things. I expect you would like time to pay your respects... When you are ready to go, I will follow.

Rhyvurg
2015-05-25, 05:14 PM
Faedas sits on the branch of a tree, a bottle in each hand. One was elf wine, the other was human ale. He took alternate swigs, his face souring at the human drink every time. But he kept going. Each drop was a reminder of the difference between elves and humans. How low must they be, if they considered this pig swill worth drinking? The irony that he himself was drinking it was not lost, but it only deepened his resentment of the whole thing, as if the humans made their ale even worse knowing he would drink it.

Oxe
2015-05-26, 03:11 PM
Aurae:

Deliquesce looks at Aurae, now perplexed. "I've followed you into battle, I've shed my own and my enemies blood for you, You know there's nothing I wouldn't do for the Rose". A bit wondering why Aurae would falter, a bit intrigued. "Now I'm really interested"

Faedas

The leaves about you begin to rustle, you remember the stories.

"When the leaves begin their rustle
Without wind and a living things bustle,
It is high time you listen
Without any opposition"

It's a poem thats been told for centuries. That when Mielikki speaks, she does so through the wind. Perhaps to give council to the lost, advice to the hunter of prey or perhaps she means to say something else.

meltodowno
2015-05-26, 04:23 PM
Aurae nodded along with her battle-sister's words.

"We must ignore the councils orders, and form our own. We will claw back every inch of land the young races have taken ... I will be hated by a great many of our kind. Traitor to some, rebel to many. These labels will ease in time, but that is why I need you now."

Her gaze rested on the road, and the devastation about it.

"As they chop down our home ... I shall chop down theirs." A harshness entered her voice.

"But I will need numbers, and allies. You must reform the Order of Flowers. You must train a new crop, and you must lead them. Protect these lands within the laws of our kind, and when the time is right I shall return to you, with victory on my lips."

She sighed heavily.

"I would trust no other with this task."

Rhyvurg
2015-05-26, 07:19 PM
Faedas freezes where he is, listening intently.

Verte
2015-05-27, 09:26 PM
Frinel says, "Thank you, Kyras. Once we get on our way, I can explain as much as I know...right now I will need a few moments."

Then, Frinel stops in front of Sonaka's tree. She kneels, and shuts her eyes, and is silent for a few moments. She then recites a short prayer of remembrance, old, passed down from her mother. After, she says softly, "Sokana, you were my teacher, my friend, and my guide. You will never be forgotten." She opens her eyes, wiping tears from them, and stands up.

Kingsfall
2015-05-28, 04:17 AM
Kyras takes a moment gather his equipment and to say goodbye to Willow.

Kyras waits for Frinel to finish her prayers. He stands a ways back to give her privacy with Sonaka.
When Frinel finishes, Kyras approaches the burned grave. He takes one last look at Sonakas tree. A reminder of what horrors man is capable of and shudders. He turns to Frinel.

I'm ready to go if you are. He hefts his pack over his shoulder.
Not everyday a goddess asks for you personally, I'm curious what this is all about.

Verte
2015-05-29, 03:55 PM
Frinel replies, "A short while ago, I gave my respects to Mielikki at the Hallowed Old Hallow, as I often do. Today, she gave me a clear message: bring the four people who heard her screams to her. These people include you, myself, the Rose Aurae, and the Wild Faedas." She pauses to think for a moment, "I believe that when we all return here, she will give us guidance into the murder of Sonaka. Maybe even guidance on how to defend the Wealdath." She absent-mindedly checks her backpack and canteen, then continues "Well, I think we can leave, now."

Oxe
2015-06-02, 10:27 AM
Aurae

Deliquesce nods. "I really don't mind at all, its high time someone does something!" she says with a glint of a smile curling her lips slightly.
"May I just ask, How?" she finishes.

Faedas

"Lean left" is the only words you can seem to percieve. You search your mind for what it can mean, tilting your head to the left as you ponder. When a sudden and abrupt TWANG sounds as a bolt from a crossbow lodges in a tree in line with where your head used to be. You turn to see two men cursing yourself for not minding your surroundings like you usually do. Perhaps it was the alcohols doing. One man has an unloaded crossbow and one with a loaded one thats rising up to take aim towards you. From what you can percieve from these two men is that you've had run-ins with them before. They're the infamed Maccaby brothers whom you've harassed and stolen from many a times in your earlier years. They're about 60 feet away from you.

Roll Initiative in dice box, surprise round over.

meltodowno
2015-06-02, 11:11 AM
"With faith. I shall do it by my own hand if need be ... but I have faith that Mielikki shall guide me. I have faith that when I start fighting back, other downtrodden will rise to stand with me. I have faith that our people will open their eyes, and I have faith that I can endure the hardships I will face until they do."

Idealism glinted in her eyes as she looked off into the middle distance.

"That first step requires faith, my friend. Without that .... we have already lost."

Rhyvurg
2015-06-03, 07:43 PM
Faedas jumps down from the branch, and draws his sword and shield. "You're not welcome here. You can either walk away now, or let the crows carry you off, one bellyfull at a time."