PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Arcane blaster build Help with feats and if better class.

FrostKnight
2015-05-21, 08:30 PM
1st binder (Feat) (feat) (feat) (feat) (Feat) (feat) (feat)
2nd warlock
3rd warlock (Feat)
4th warlock
5th wizard
6th wizard (Feat)
7th wizard
8th Eldritch theurge
9th Eldritch theurge (Feat)
10th Eldritch theurge
11th hellfire warlock
12th helfire walock (feat)
13th Eldritch theurge
14th Eldritch theurge
15th Eldritch theurge (feat)
16th Hellfrie warlock
17th Eldritch theurge
18th Eldritch theurge (feat)
19th Eldritch theurge
20th Eldritch theurge
up to 7th level arcane spells
greater invactions known +8d6 eldrtich blas +6d6 hellfire blast can use invactions on apells and combine spells and eldritch blast.

Karl Aegis
2015-05-21, 08:35 PM
Is buying a wand a viable option? A wand of Fireball with metamagic deals 900 damage, half of which is fire, and completely obsoletes a blaster build.

FrostKnight
2015-05-21, 08:39 PM
i was gonna have this guy crafting and carrying wands.. wandslinger type theme. i wanted to play a blaster but nothing really grabed mt attention till i saw this funny pic about warlocks and decided i was gonna make a warlock blaster.

JoranShadeslayr
2015-05-22, 01:13 AM
If you want to go with a craftlock I suggest dropping the level of binder and a level of hellfire warlock and taking 2 levels of chameleon for the floating feat. That way you have whatever IC feat you need during down time and either an extra invocation or a reserve feat for adventuring. Just use a wand of lesser restoration for the con damage from hellfire blast until you get imbue item and then either craft a continuous ring of lesser restoration or add a continuous lesser restoration effect to a ring you already have. The combat focus and divine focus aren't bad either.

nedz
2015-05-22, 04:46 AM
If you want to go with a craftlock I suggest dropping the level of binder and a level of hellfire warlock and taking 2 levels of chameleon for the floating feat. That way you have whatever IC feat you need during down time and either an extra invocation or a reserve feat for adventuring. Just use a wand of lesser restoration for the con damage from hellfire blast until you get imbue item and then either craft a continuous ring of lesser restoration or add a continuous lesser restoration effect to a ring you already have. The combat focus and divine focus aren't bad either.

Yes but you also need Warlock 12 for Imbue Item to make this work.

FrostKnight
2015-05-22, 11:18 AM
my idea in my head is kinda like gunslinging but with wands.. cause i can use my invocations on eldritch blast on wands and using my spells for various other means. but i didnt think about making a item to restore con.. so i could make a rign or wand of it but not till level 12?

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-22, 01:09 PM
Are wands even a reliable source of damage? I've heard that they're far too expensive to be worthwhile.

Karl Aegis
2015-05-22, 01:21 PM
Are wands even a reliable source of damage? I've heard that they're far too expensive to be worthwhile.

A wand of Arcane Thesis: Energy Admixture (all types), Easy Meta, Invisible, Co-operative, Energy Substitution (all of them, Fire last), Searing Spell, Selective (him), Maximized, Twinned, Widened, Quickened, Fireball that hits everyone within an 80 foot radius of him for 900 damage isn't much more expensive than a normal wand of fireball.

FrostKnight
2015-05-22, 01:27 PM
do i have to have all those meta magicks as feats?

nedz
2015-05-22, 01:38 PM
Spiderwalk + Web is a pretty good use of a wand.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-22, 02:05 PM
A wand of Arcane Thesis: Energy Admixture (all types), Easy Meta, Invisible, Co-operative, Energy Substitution (all of them, Fire last), Searing Spell, Selective (him), Maximized, Twinned, Widened, Quickened, Fireball that hits everyone within an 80 foot radius of him for 900 damage isn't much more expensive than a normal wand of fireball.

Ah, okay. Gotta rely on item crafters using MM shenanigans.

How do you get 80-foot radius? Widen only doubles radius from 20 to 40.

Ferronach
2015-05-22, 02:14 PM
Wouldn't an artificer be somewhat better suited to the whole "craft and enhance wands" deal?

FrostKnight
2015-05-22, 02:20 PM
well im not pure craftting. im gonna be attacking alot. eldritch blasting, cast, or doing both as one. just the wands offers the option to use up spell slots when i could us spell slots for other spells possible

Blackhawk748
2015-05-22, 02:25 PM

Scorching Ray is still Scorching Ray. Not amazing but its cheap