PDA

View Full Version : Rich, Thank You For Your Work!

Alchemist_Fire
2015-05-22, 01:29 AM
Hi Rich,

I speak on behalf of most of the fans of your work when I say that we're all very grateful for the wonderful comic. In particular, you've obviously been putting a lot of work into OotS lately, and the whole package (characters, art, foreshadowing, etc etc) is fantastic. I don't know if you hear it often enough, but you improve the lives of many a nerd with your contributions.

Thank you for your labor of love,

- just another internet schmuck :)

Darth Paul
2015-05-22, 08:04 PM
Needless to say, I agree. Keep it up, Rich.

You da Giant!

Elenna
2015-05-22, 08:29 PM
Pretty much what the above people said. Thanks for all the great work! :smallbiggrin:

:elan: Thank, thank, thank, thank the Giant for producing an awesome comic! :elan:

2015-05-24, 04:49 AM
I, too, would like to express my appreciation for the Giant's hard work. It's always wonderful to read a new comic, or even to re-read the old ones.

...on a slightly different topic: wasn't there a thread a lot like this recently that got closed down?

Darth Paul
2015-05-24, 06:12 AM
...on a slightly different topic: wasn't there a thread a lot like this recently that got closed down?

Yes, there was (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?414617-A-Quick-Note-to-The-Giant)... but since I was the one who started that thread, and saw it rapidly hijacked into something completely different...

I'd rather we don't talk about it for fear of jinxing this one.

goodpeople25
2015-05-24, 09:44 AM
I completely agree with what everyone else has said, thank you very much Giant for this great comic.

And as the person who posted second on that topic
Lets not jinx this one.*knock on wood*

Jaxzan Proditor
2015-05-24, 09:47 AM
Yeah, thanks to The Giant for all his hard work!

Aspiration
2015-05-25, 03:25 PM
Thank you, mister Giant! ^_^

Kantaki
2015-05-25, 03:41 PM
Are we doing this Thread again? Well it cannot be said often enough. The Order of the Stick is an amazing story that has entertained me for years and hopefully will keep doing so for some time. Thanks for the great comic Giant.

pendell
2015-05-26, 10:06 AM
Agreed. Good work and keep it up!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

kivzirrum
2015-05-26, 11:18 AM
Are we doing this Thread again? Well it cannot be said often enough. The Order of the Stick is an amazing story that has entertained me for years and hopefully will keep doing so for some time. Thanks for the great comic Giant.

Every time this thread topic comes up, not matter how recently it has been done, I have to comment to add my voice to the chorus. As you say--it can't be done enough.

Order of the Stick is really something special. Thanks to the Giant for the wonderful characters, story, art, and comedy.

littlebum2002
2015-05-26, 03:32 PM
I'll drink to that!

Doctor West
2015-05-30, 05:35 AM
Cheers! It's always a bright spot in my day when I come to the Playground and see an update. :smallbiggrin:

Cizak
2015-05-30, 06:57 PM
Thank you, Rich. I've enjoyed the comic for a couple of years now, but this last year or so has been the most spectacular of all. The choices you've made and the things you have said, both in the comic and on the forums, have been really great to read. My respect for you have reached an epic level, and I wait in anticipation for what you have in store for all of us in the years to come. You are not just a great author, you are a great person.

And while I'm doing this, I would also like to send out a thank you to Ookoodook. Recent events have convinced me to buy some OotS stuff to support one of my favorite authors, so I finally bought both the calendars and the double poster set. My main gripe was the international shipping costs, and so I sent Ookoodook a couple of questions to clear some things up. The customer service I got has been beyond amazing. My questions was answered, and when I had follow-up questions, the guy I was emailing said "Hey you know what, let me get the shipping manager on the line and she'll help you with this directly", and she did! I could not have asked for better treatment.

So huge thank yous to Rich, Kevin and Tina. You've all made me very happy. Keep doing an awesome job, all of you.

Bulldog Psion
2015-05-30, 07:00 PM
Many thanks, Richard, Baron of Burlew! :smallsmile:

(As a side note, though, don't these threads usually end in tears?)

YossarianLives
2015-05-30, 07:29 PM
I'm not a huge fan of comics, web or otherwise, but OoTs truly is something spectacular. Thank you so much Giant.