PDA

View Full Version : Portent to the Terminus

Pages : [1] 2

Visturon
2007-04-21, 11:58 AM
the Second of Lynoc, 8569

Due to the clouds dawn could not be considered to truly break until about eight in the morning and the rain was persistently falling as the morning wore on.

The time was now around ten and the guards at the gate had been rotating ever hour so as to not take cold in the dismal weather, no shipments of lumber or other trade goods were expected until the weather cleared and most of the townsfolk were indoors. This included the small number of skinners, explorers and other wilderness men who sat around the Burly Beaver Tavern and traded stories of manly escapades.

A large man with a short, thick and scraggly beard was standing by a table with his back to the wall telling the story of his fight with a bear, the men around the table cheered him on and challenged his boasts all while filling up on the ale that Druth Strongshovel (the dwarven owner of the establishment) gladly sold them.

Druth himself sat with a tall lean man at the bar and discussed various topics at various volumes as he had done since the man came in just after sunrise.

The men of the constabulary would swing by on their way off duty to check that all was well before continuing their circuit around the town, and when the two for the ten o'clock change enter and look around one stays behind after a few quiet words with his companion.

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-22, 02:10 AM
In the Burly Beaver Tavern, Naris pulls out his finely crafted lute, and starts up a cheerful song, a ditty about traveling along the road and wilderness. He has a thin, but strong frame, and firey red hair that seems to give his eyes the appearance of being dark red; that is, until you realize that they are dark red. A smile lines his face, but something darker seems to hide behind it.

Vazzaroth
2007-04-22, 02:23 AM
Shale had been staying in this town for only a few days, but he felt it payed off, and he had learned some new things from the nature-lovers, books, and others around the town. This stop was not a failure at all. He was beginning to feel like perhaps he had extracted all the knowledge from the area, however, and decided he would be on his way within a few days, if things kept being slow like this.

One of the places he had rarely been was the local tavern, and he thought it would be a shame to skip such a place. He opened the door to the warm room, glad to be out of the cold, and was greeted with a couple strange glances that he was used to by now.

He was a medium height, comparable to an elf, and his dirty blonde hair stood up, adding another inch or two. He liked his hair like this, and, luckily, it seemed that it did too, becuse it wasn't hard for him to get it to stay. Aside from that, he wore a suit of leather, to which many small, lusterful gems and crystals had been artfully attached from head to toe. They looked cheap, probably considered trash by most jewlers, but they were indeed shiney. He also had 4 short, sheathed blades on his arms. One on each forearm and bicep. Those who looked when he came in must have picked up on his slightly... strange aura. It was this, more than the suit, that seemed to make people look.

He walked to the bar and sat down on the end away from the dwarf and other man, and is about to order a meal when the music starts. He turns, and can't help but listen, he had always enjoyed music.

Theeon
2007-04-22, 03:22 AM
Azrael has been in the town for a few weeks now, not that many would have noticed. He has spent his time wondering around and scouting the immediate area. He had noticed an increase in the number of visitors in the past few days; and found that when most of them were staying at the "Burly Beaver", a rather strange named tavern, that he should go and investigate.

He snuck into the tavern and made his way to the back to observe the other, and typically taller, humanoids. He made a quick summary of the apparent threat level and found that this place was relatively safe. He had spent the last few weeks in town without drawing too much unwanted attention, he hoped he could spend the next few days until he moved on.

Azrael is rather small and slim. Not even 4 feet tall, and barely under 40 lbs. He wears very poor looking peasants cloths, with a fairly shabby cloak to keep warm with. He appears to have fallen on hard times, and does not have a lot of money. He appears to be Gnome by race but seems to lack their enthusiasm, instead regarding everyone with a bit of suspicion.

Azrael waits in a dark corner half trying to be unseen using any poorly lit corner he can and lets events unfold in front of him.
((taking 10 on both checks Move silently 24, Hide 28))

Daracaex
2007-04-22, 10:22 AM
Nuada

Two men of the constabulary have entered the tavern, one speaking to the other for a moment before one of them leaves. The one left behind is tall, looking to be around six-foot. He has black hair that reaches down to his jaw, which falls in clumps around his face for being soaked by the rain. His cloak has done nothing to stop the downpour from soaking him through, having been on watch duty for the past hour. He is wearing the breastplate armor of the constabulary which glistens from the many lamps lighting the tavern, drops of water covering it. He takes off his cloak and tries to wipe off most of the water that has soaked him before hanging it at the door and walking over to the bar.

He looks around the tavern, noticing almost immediately the bard and the strangely dressed man who had just walked in. "'Evening Druth," he greeted the bartender, motioning for his usual. In a lower voice he asks, "Any new faces tonight?"

anarch_nomad
2007-04-22, 01:49 PM
Huron

Huron walks through the square uncaring of the weather. Half-way through he looks up into the sky allowing the rain to directly hit him in the face. He gives a smile. He then proceeds to walking to the Burly Beaver Tavern. He looks in too the window before entering making sure their was no rustle going on. He then makes his way through the door. He goes up to Druth Hello Druth are you finally going to let me get some of that what do you call it alcohul? He gives a smile and looks at Nuada.

Fenria
2007-04-22, 06:11 PM
Rodrick

Two lone figures were climbing out of the undergrowth just outside of New Sight this night, and one making much more noise than the other, due to his armor, the other looked quite annoyed to be anywhere near the town of New Sight. "Look, I know you hate the fact that they cut down the trees, but we have to go this way anyway, and I want to sleep in a bed for once."

Rodrick was only a little over 5 feet tall, with short silver hair and golden eyes, both traits giving away his unique heritage. He wore his Breastplate comfortably, and his mace was hung casually from his belt. His shield and his helmet were hung from his backpack. His companion was an elf who appeared to be a druid, and this assumption was supported by the fact that he was currently fighting with Rodrick about having to be in a logging town in the firstplace.

"One night...please Brelsan? Sleeping on moss is all well and good....when it isn't raining, and it's been ages since I was able to have a real bath. We'll be out by tomorrow. I promise!"

Before the elf could answer though, Rodrick was already walking towards the gate, expecting him to follow. They typically had an understanding about these kinds of things.

As quick as he could, he found the nearest tavern, which happened to be the Burly Beaver Tavern, and went in side. Sitting at the bar and making sure Brelsan was right beside him, he ordered a large mug of ale for himself and a bottle of the finest wine in the house for Brelsan. As he made his way through the first tankard, he finally relaxed enough to listen to the murmur of talk and music in the room.

Visturon
2007-04-22, 08:44 PM
Druth breaks off from the tall man at being spoken to and looks to find the speaker, apparently unaware that the man was even there, "Oh hello Nuada, welcome." then leaning in toward him and speaking low, "a few, but mostly some of the newcomers in town who have been here a week or two, they mostly stand out pretty well except that little guy trying to vanish into the corner by the hearth." then he looks up as Huron addresses him and laughs "I thought your people called it firewater? And are you gonna pay with conventional coins?"

Across the room the man telling the story seems upset that his story has been disturbed by singing and sets down in a rough angry way before listening himself.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-22, 09:42 PM
Huron

What?! This is firewater?! I was too young to be given firewater in the tribe... He puts on a upset face, it fades quickly to a face of joy.And for money I have some! My guiding skills are becoming better each day! He gives a great big smile. He looks around the tavern. And see's a man(Rodrick)that he'd never seen in town before, the one with the sun symbol on his clothing. Huron walks over to him and smiles. Hello im Huron of the Crow Tribe! (He gives a big smile again) Why do you have a sun on you? Is it so you can see when it becomes dark or do you miss the sun?(He doesnt say this with sarcasm or humor, but with curiosity.)

To the adventures before Huron he appears as a young boy maybe 15, he is tan and has a pony tail type hair style. He wears light leather,hand woven moccassin boots, and a loin cloth. In his loin cloth belt he has a dagger and a very nicely crafted axe(tomahawk). He has behind him a neatly wool woven napsack the thread holding it goes across his left side to his right hip. His loin cloth has the picture of a Crow on it. Around his neck is a little piece of wood widdled down to about 2cm in width and 3cm in length it also has the image of a Crow carved into it.

DraPrime
2007-04-22, 09:46 PM
Brelsan follows Rodrick, although he's slightly annoyed with his impulsiveness. Standing tall for an elf Brelsan's ears are covered by his long hair that goes down to his shoulders. He looks like a graceful human when his ears are covered. After drinking some of his wine Brelsan starts talking to Rodrick again. "Do we have to stay in this specific town? This happens to be a logging town. These people make a living of destroying forests. And besides, it stinks here."Brelsan quickley finishes his wine. "Still, since you're so eager, we can stay." Brelsan watches with interest and slight amusement when Huron asks about the sun that Rodrick has. "Actually he's a priest of Pelor, god of the sun. The sun would be Pelor's symbol. I don't worship Pelor. I follow a more..."uncivilized" approach to divine power. By the way, I'm Brelsan. Brelsan shakes Huron's hand.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-22, 09:59 PM
Huron

Huron suprised jumps back for a second. He goes and shakes his hand while smiling. Oh yes shaking hands! Im still getting use to it im so sorry. Pelur? Does he own the sun? Realizing who he is talking to he starts getting all excited and energized. Your!Your! Your a druid right!? My father and the elders spoke very well and highly of you and your devotion to the great circle. He smiles..once again.

DraPrime
2007-04-22, 10:09 PM
Brelsan smiles when Huron recognizes him for a druid. "Does Pelor own the sun? You would have to ask my friend Rodrick here. I'm not much of a theologian but I like to think that no one owns the sun. Just like how no one can control nature. And yes I am a druid. But don't go around telling people. This town lives from the destruction of forests. I'm not sure they would agree with my ideology. To them trees are money. But let's talk about you. You seem to be a warrior. Did you fight for your tribe?"

Fenria
2007-04-22, 10:10 PM
Rodrick

"It might stink now, but think of how much less I'll smell after a good bath." Looking back to Huron. "Yes, this is Pelor's symbol. And, in a fasion, I guess you could say he owns the sun, but really it's just a symbol of him." Rodrick waits for Brelsan to finish shaking the young boy's hand, then he himself takes the him firmly by the hand and announced a little too loudly, "I am Rodrick, Cleric of Pelor. Pleased to meet you Huron." Noticing the crow on the boy's pack, he can't help but to ask, "So, where does this Clan of the Crow reside, and what brings you way out here?"

anarch_nomad
2007-04-22, 10:15 PM
Huron

A theoologaga? And I agree nature is as free as birds and as controllable as the raging river. Yes it is very sad that they cut down our forrests. I am no warrior.. He looks deeply upset at the question. I was not allowed to fight for my tribe when they needed me most. Im (some tears flow down his cheek) the last of my.....my..tribe. The rest were murdered... He takes a few seconds to find himself then looks at Rodrick. Im a guide through the forrest and I can sew alittle. How can the sun be him? He must be very small?

Kirstin
2007-04-22, 10:23 PM
Aurelia AC: 18 HP: 8

A short woman in a low cut white shirt and a medium short skirt bursts into the tavern followed by two huge light golden wings that sprout from her back. The clothes she wears cling to her nicely shaped body because they are soaked almost to a transparent point and her wings leave a trail of water across the floor from the amount of water they seem to have absorbed outside. She walks in looking around and taking everyone in the room in before going and grabbing a chair and carrying it over to set it down facing the fire in the big hearth, she then sets in it facing away from the hearth so that she straddles the back and is able to stretch out her wings in front of the flame. In doing so the room gets a little darker because she shadows it from the hearth’s bright flame.

She looks around for a barmaid and when one looks to her she just smiles and the young barmaid goes into the kitchen. After that she rests her chin on her forearms on the back of the chair and watches all the people in the room.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-22, 10:34 PM
Huron

Hurons attention is taken instantly when Aurelia walks in. His jaw starts to quiver and he lets out a few more tears. He pulls off his necklace and looks at the symbol and looks at her. He puts it back on and stares at her in enthrallment.

Fenria
2007-04-22, 10:46 PM
Rodrick

"Pelor's Holy Might," Rodrick whispered. "That's the most extraordinary thing I've ever seen!" He couldn't help but stare not only at the marvelous wings but the beautiful woman they were attached to. He found that he could hardly tear his eyes from her, especially her face. It was a face that was beautiful, yes, but also held a hardness just under the skin. She'd seen a lot of difficult times.

He signalled the barmaid over and whispered into her ear. "Would you give that woman a drink, please? It'll be on me." Once she had walked away, he returned his eyes back to the woman who had so effectively captured all of his attention.

Vazzaroth
2007-04-22, 11:04 PM
Shale

Shale, like the other men, couldn't help but glance as the woman came in, but after the initial shock wore off, he took in her wings. Many questions ran through his head quickly.
Hm? Odd. How... why does she have those? Are they real? Is she one of the residents of Celestia I read about? Or one of those, eh.. Harpys? No no, they're far more unsightly. I must know.

Shale spins around from his chair in the bar and walks to the woman, smiling, but, rather forwardly, talks quickly as he arrives by her; "Where did you get those? Are you from the material plane? Do they work? Why are they so brilliant? Do you mind if I sit? Were you born with them? ... oh, and, uh, you can call me Shale."
His momentem is lost, and he realizes how he was acting. Shale looks to the side, averting his eyes from the girls wings as they had been before.
"Sorry. I'll leave you alone if you want."

Visturon
2007-04-22, 11:13 PM
The barmaid that Rodrick spoke to returns from the kitchen with a mug and handing it to the winged beauty says, giggling, "It seems the drink you wanted is on the knight in shining armor." and she starts off to another table when Druth redirects her to the water all over the floor.

Druth himself walks across the bar and holding out both his hands to Huron, one holding a mug and the other empty, says "Drink in moderation, you humans cant hold any good brew." He then turns his attention to the winged beauty and says "She came into town yesterday in the carriage out back and spent all last night chatting up my barmaids 'bout anything and everything that a woman could talk about, calls herself Aurelia."

anarch_nomad
2007-04-22, 11:13 PM
Huron

Huron nudges Brelsan She has wings like a bird? But she is just a mere women? How is this possible? Have you seen things of this nature in the deep wild? Huron fiddles with dagger. He thanks Druth for the firewater then he takes a sip and sprays it all over the wall. He sticks his tounge out in disguse. I think it has gone bad?

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-22, 11:25 PM
Naris

Unlike every other male human (or elf) in the room, Naris doesn't give Aurelia a second glance. Having grown up in the Abyss, things like that just really don't suprise you anymore. Rather, he just starts up another song.

He isn't just blissfully unaware, though; the Tiefling keeps his eyes and ears trained on the other people who entered. In particular, he picks up the mentions of Pelor. Pelor... one of the holy gods? I should probably try to keep my distance from him, for I don't believe Pelor incourages interaction with demonspawn.... He purposfuly makes sure that he doesn't seem to be paying attention, though, so he doesn't attract any interest from the cleric. He really doesn't need to, however, because Rodrick has his eyes fully glued onto the winged female.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-22, 11:31 PM
Huron

Huron looks around the room seeing how many people are looking at the winged one. He sees a man with crimson eyes staring at his new friend with a distaste. Huron decides to make his way over to greet him, first leaving his quite spoiled drink.

Fenria
2007-04-22, 11:53 PM
Rodrick

Rodrick almost didn't realize that Huron is walking away. But even when he did, he found that he almost didn't care. "Aurelia....what a wonderful name...," he mumbled. What is this feeling? Why can't I turn away? Am I drunk? No, I can't be drunk, I'm not into my third mug yet. Pelor's Fist, my heart's going to burst from a chest in moment! Perhaps I just need a bit more ale...

Watching Aurelia from the corner of his eye, he slowly turned and went back to drinking.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-23, 12:01 AM
Huron

Huron walks up to the man with a smile. Hello im Huron, what happens to be the matter? He follows the mans gaze to Rodrick. Is their something you find intresting about Rodrick? Seeing how he isnt very intrested in conversation Huron makes his way back to Rodrick and Brelsan.

Kirstin
2007-04-23, 12:24 AM

Aurelia watches the mens responces and reactions and enjoys the knowlegde of what she does to them as she sets there nearly motionless for a while.

She then flaps her grand wings being carefull to flick the last bit of the water from them in the cleric who seems so intent upon starring's direction. She stands up and walks over to the barmaid who is mopping up her mess and says "I really should get dressed, Estelle, would you mind lacing me up?"

As the two women start up the stairs together all the men still staring at Aurelia notice her grab the barmaid's hind end causing the girl to jump and squeek with surprise.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-23, 12:29 AM
Huron

Paying no attention to the two women makes his way to the man who stood there looking depressed. Hello im Huron of the Crow tribe. Are you ok? He looks back to the stairs. Hey dont mind her, shes just another piece of natures glory. Also she is just a women ehh?

Fenria
2007-04-23, 12:32 AM
Rodrick

"Brelsan...was that not the most beautiful woman you've ever seen? Her wings, her eyes....Everything!" Rodrick's mind was racing. He'd spent far to long with a small group of elven druids. For someone with the life span of a human, that could be pretty trying on the mind.

"Do I look alright? How's my hair? By Pelor, I should be bathed! Stop laughing, Brelsan!"

Relax, it's not like anything's going to come of it anyway, he told himself. Just get a few more beers and you'll get over it. But, as the bartender got him more to drink, he couldn't help but think that it really wouldn't help.

Visturon
2007-04-23, 12:59 AM
Druth moves over to Huron once again "uhmmf... Huron that drink costs 4 coppers, you have to give them to me now."

Two of the three barmaids who remain give each other a knowing look and laugh and the other just watches the stairs a little confused.

Moments after the two women are out of sight the men around the table where stories were being told brake into a ruckus of boasting and claims and bets that nearly drowns out the music.

Suddenly the doors open and in marches a man in a black robe with short well trimmed white hair, "Would somebody tell that WINGED WHORE TO PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!!" He marches straight to Druth and trying to look as impressive and imposing as he can at 5'4" says "How can you let a woman like her stay in your tavern? Much less let your employees socialize with her! Even the evil sluts at the Madame's are decently clothed when out in public!"

Druth replies perfectly calmly "Firstly Justice Cordeck, they are my employees not my children and not my slaves. Secondly you are the only one besides the rare angry wife who has any opposition to Madame GamGam's peaceful establishment. Thirdly you have no right to tell me who i can and cannot rent rooms to" and he raises his voice to a booming yell in his deep dwarven voice "OR TO INSULT MY GUESTS IN THE PRESENCE OF PEOPLE BETTER THAN YOURSELF!!"

The town Justice stands agape with anger and turns to storm out but turns back to reply and nothing comes out.

Vazzaroth
2007-04-23, 08:27 AM
Shale lets the woman walk past him as she goes upstairs, then returns to his seat at the bar and hunches over, in thought.
Of course, of course... I'll have to wait for some other time. I'm not sure though, she didn't seem very personable. Mabye she was a harpy? Or... a siren? Do they have wings? I can't remeber. What was that demon called... sucu... It's far to loud in here to think!
He looks up just before Druth's outburst, and looks around to see what's going on.

As the other man is left babbeling, Shale faces forword, unsure of what to do in the situation. I really should order some food or something...

Fenria
2007-04-23, 08:36 AM
Rodrick

Brought to real life for a moment by the shouting, Rodrick saw the man that had been called Justice get shouted down by the dwarf, which wasn't actually very special...dwarfs were good at shouting others down. But Rodrick thought that he should speak up in a way that might make sense to the Justice.

"Sir" He said, loud enough to be heard by the Justice and anyone listening. "I have a quick question. You seem to be wrapped up in the fact that Aurelia wears less clothing than normal. How does this hurt you? How does this hurt anyone? I can only imagine what her presence here has done for the business of this tavern." He nodded towards the Dwarven Barkeep. "How she dresses outside, though, is her choice, isn't? If she wants to reveal herself in ways normal women wouldn't, let her. With this kind of weather, she'll be lucky if she doesn't catch cold. So let her do as she wishes. I'm sure none of the men in here would disagree that she isn't hurting anyone...well, we can take exception to the barmaids, but forthrightly, no one is worse off for her presence."

He reached behind his back, picked up his drink, and took a swig of it before adding, "Just thought I'd make my own opinon heard." He took his seat again.

Theeon
2007-04-23, 10:15 AM
As Azrael broods in his dark corner, he watches the scene unfold in front of him as a rather flamboyant women enters the room. She is mildly attractive he admits. As heads turn he tries to get the feeling for everyone in the room ((Sense Motive take 10=17)). He watches and laughs to himself as the "holy man" goggles at the tantalizing seductress. He sneaks up to him, appearing at his shoulder almost like coming out of no where. "Don't even think about it kid, shes way out of your league. I've seen her type before, I'd give up if I were you." But when he sees her pinch the bottom of the barmaid he raises an eyebrow and murmurs to himself "Interesting". Azrael once again disappears into the shadows but this time he attempts to follow her upstairs. Move silently (1d20+14=24) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995113), Hide (1d20+18=33) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995116)

DraPrime
2007-04-23, 02:06 PM
Brelsan

Brelsan notices the winged woman but is not as stunned as the other men in the bar. He had seen fey twice as beautiful. Brelsan turns to answer Huron's questions. "I don't think that has anything to do with nature. She's probably has some celestial blood in her." Brelsan starts laughing when Rodrick orders a drink for Aurelia. "Oh come on Rodrick, she's not that beautiful. There are fey and elves much better than her. You need to stop drinking." When Huron walks away Brelsan finishes of his drink. He tries to contain his laughter as Rodrick defends Aurelia. "You just want her to dress like that because you like looking at her, don't you?"

anarch_nomad
2007-04-23, 05:51 PM
Huron

Huron walks back to Brelsan and Rodrick. Umm im sorry about my behavior. Its just im very curious about new people and what they know. And you say she has celestial blood in her? Did she eat a celestial, whatever that is? Huron sits on a stool next to Brelsan. May I ask where you and the priest come from? And for that matter what brings you to this town?

Daracaex
2007-04-23, 06:05 PM
Nuada

Nuada turned to Huron, about to ask him who his new friends were, when Aurelia made her entrance. He sat there, stunned as he watched the scene unfold. He had seen what appeared to be woman flying around outside, but he never thought that such a person could actually exist! Only when Justice Cordek burst in yelling did he snap himself out of it. He turns to Cordek, saying, "the stranger's right sir. There's no need to get that angry about it. If there's a problem, we can just ask her politely to remain a bit more covered-up in town. There's no need to yell before speaking to her." He turned to Druth, "and you, Druth, should show a bit more respect to our justice. He does have a lot to deal with in this town, so again, there's no need to shout over such a minor problem."

He looked back to Cordek, "you can go home if you want sir. I'll see if I can talk to her about it and solve the problem when she comes back down."

Nuada takes a sip of his drink before turning towards the cleric and his companion. "Thanks for helping, friend. May I ask your names?"

anarch_nomad
2007-04-23, 06:16 PM
Huron

Huron turns to Nuada. This is Rodrick,Cleric of Pelur and this great man is Brelsan. So how is it Nuada ive not seen you since last full moon when I last came to get supplys. Are you still bringing serenity and peace to this town? He gives a small smile and asks for some juice.

Weezer
2007-04-23, 06:17 PM
Karak
Sweeping in from the cold and the rain swathed in a light grey cloak is a Human with a slightly stocky build. When he sweeps the hood off his head you see that his head is covered in a forest of shocking red hair and sinister looking green eyes sparkle in his head. He whips his cloak off and lays it by the fire. Catching sight of the two guards he nervously checks to see if they recognized him ((Sense motive: 17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=995949))). He then sits at the table where the rest of the party sits discussing their lives. Catching the tail end of Huron's statement he says
"I am known in these parts as Karak. I originate from the glorious and far off city of Nefulel." Taking a swig from the ale that the barmaid placed at his face he continues "I have come in search of adventure and gold." As he says the word gold a close observer would have seen the flash of true lust appear in his green eyes. "So where have the rest of y'all come from?"

anarch_nomad
2007-04-23, 06:23 PM
Huron

Oh hello? Umm well? Huron suprised by the straight forwardness of the new man moves in his seat slightly. Well I live in and out of this town. And im here to get out of this bad weather and to resupply.

Daracaex
2007-04-23, 06:41 PM
Nuada

Nuada laughs at the sudden input of Huron as he sits down. "Yes Huron, I still protect New Sight. And the problem is you don't come often enough! I'm usually on guard duty or at my quarters writing my journal when you come into town. You could come visit me there!"

He turns to Rodrick and Brelsan saying, "It's good to meet you Rodrick and Brelsan. I'm Nuada Ailil. I'm a member of the constabulary here. I'm sorry if Huron here has bothered you. He is the most curious boy I've ever had the pleasure of meeting! What brings you to New Sight?"

When Karak enters, Nuada watches him sit next to him and make his declaration. Why did this man come in so suspiciously? I wonder what he wants.

DraPrime
2007-04-23, 06:47 PM
Brelsan

Brelsan chuckles when Huron suggests that Aurelia ate a celestial. "No, she didn't eat a celestial. I meant that she probably had a celestial parent. Celestials are holy beings of good. Chances are Aurelia here is also a devout believer of good. As for where me and Rodrick come from, we both set out from my druid's grove. We're wandering around the world. I'm wandering because I want to see the many wonders of nature, and get some money too. Rodrick here simply wants to do good deeds. He also has some celestial heritage but it's not as strong as Aurelia's." When Nuada comes to talk to Huron, Brelsan asks "You two know each other?" Brelsan responds to Karak. "Nefulel? I'm sorry to say that I'm not familiar with the place. I'm Brelsan by the way, and this man with the sun is Rodrick. You say you like gold? We share something in common. By the way, check out the hot winged chick. I honestly have seen (and slept with) nymphs who put her to shame. Still, she's something."

Vazzaroth
2007-04-23, 07:00 PM
"Can I have an order of bread and cheese please?"
Hopefully they're bread is better than that bland stuff they had in the last town.

As he sits at the bar, he shifts his listening from one conversation to the next throughout the room, trying to garner any useful information. When he hears the men behind him talk to the woman's origins, he slightly leans back and turns his head a bit to be able to hear better.
Celestial. That's what they think. Hmm. Seems like the cleric would know one, perhaps. He can't help but give a quiet laugh-grunt when the savage man askes if she ate one. With their cinversation moving on to other topics, he too moves his focus to other groups, and eventully just listens to the music.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-23, 07:02 PM
Huron

Im sorry Nuada you know I love to be with nature too much to stay here for very long. I promise ill come and help you more ok? But you still havent told me why you like going to Madam Gamgams home so much? Huron looks Brelsan. Yes me and Mr.Nuada know each other. He has been at this town since I was much much smaller then I am now. He is very good at protecting and being a good friend. So this Aurelia she didnt eat a celestial is that how you say it? But she had a celestial parent? How strange. He drinks some of his juice trying to posture like the older men but fails horribly.

Fenria
2007-04-23, 07:24 PM
Rodrick

"Brelsan has the right of it, I do have Celestial heritage. Though whether Aurelia does or not is up for debate. If you noticed, her hair was brown, and her eyes green. These are not typical traits of someone with Celestial blood. I'm an example...my hair is silver, my eyes gold. Though there is a possibilty she's of a sacred background." He thinks for a moment, somewhere deep in his own mind. Without realizing he was saying it, he mumbled, "Though I would oh so love to find out more about her..."

DraPrime
2007-04-23, 07:32 PM
Brelsan

"Find out all you want, she's not ...wild... enough for me. Nymphs on the other hand.... Hey! You should ask her to dance with you. We have music. Go for it Rodrick"

Fenria
2007-04-23, 08:02 PM
Rodrick

"Yeah, I think I will. I'll march right up to her room, where she and the barmaid are "lacing up" and ask her to dance. That'll go well. So well, in fact that she may only give me one hand print on my face. "

He looked longinly towards the stairs.

"I would, though, if I knew that she wouldn't be offended..."

DraPrime
2007-04-23, 08:14 PM
"I think she squeezed that barmaids ass to keep away guys like you. She probably gets a lot of stares and wants guys to stop hitting on her. I'll be back" With that said Brelsan walks up the stairs to try to figure out what Aurelia is doing. He'll go past all the doors and will slow down if he hears anything. If he happens to stumble upon Aurelia and the barmaid in the hall he'll just say he was looking at the rooms.

Visturon
2007-04-23, 09:56 PM
After Rodrick's logical appeal to the justice, Cordeck finds his tongue and argues back in what seems a very natural tone of spite and anger "Why must all adventure seekers feel their opinion is wanted anywhere they go? Your type is the scum of the world, feeding off those around you and bringing more trouble than you fix!" He turns to Nuada "And you, thinking a simple country boy constable can dismiss a towns chief of judging criminals? I will not stand for that in the future but since it seems I am surrounded by the incompetent and stupid who I can get nowhere with I may as well leave this up to you, at least I know you have good intentions if not the commonsense to use it." He storms out in a rush slamming the door behind him.

A barmaid brings Shale some bread and cheese.

Druth responds to Nuada moments after Justice Cordeck leaves "That man does not deserve to be a justice or to be treated with respect; a long time ago maybe but not any longer. And Huron you rabbit brained wild boy you owe me 4 coppers."

As brelsen reaches the top of the stairs he sees a small figure who seems part of the shadows open a door and vanish inside in a flash, Azrael enters the room before either woman is aware of his presence though the opening door grabs their attention.

The barmaid Estelle gives off a scream of shock and cries "GET OUT!"

Kirstin
2007-04-23, 10:09 PM

Aurelia turns her head and looks at the man who has entered the room "Didn't get a good enough look in the common or did you just want to check if the wings were real?" She is now wearing dry cloths much like the ones from earlier but has the two slits running down under her wings still unlaced though one appears to have been nearly halfway done before being let go of by the jumpy barmaid. On the bed nearby lies a full outfit of finely crafted golden leather studded all over with decorative metal rivets.

She is completely calm as she turns around and says "So do you have a reason for being here or are you disturbing me for no reason?" she gives him a big-eyed curious kitten look and continues, "I'll be back in the common in ten minutes... if you can wait that long." She then turns away so that Estelle can continue lacing up her shirt.

Daracaex
2007-04-23, 10:21 PM
Nuada

"He's hotheaded at times, Druth. Just because he needs someone to calm him down every once in a while doesn't mean he shouldn't be treated with respect. I really feel bad for having to talk to him like that, but it was necessary if we didn't want the argument escalating. Here, take this." Nuada hands the bartender four copper pieces and turns to Huron. "Huron, your drink's on me tonight."

Suddenly, the scream of the barmaid pierces through the tavern. Nuada jumps up from his chair and walks quickly to the stairs. Calling up, he says, "are you okay up there?" before making his way up the stairs after Brelsen.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-23, 10:55 PM
Huron

Huron jumps to his feet when he turns around from accepting Nuadas generosity. He then runs up the stairs ready for combat or whatever might happen. What?! What is it Nuada?! Huron fingers the hilts of his tomahawk and his dagger.

Visturon
2007-04-23, 11:44 PM
Three men now stand outside the door to Aurelia's room; and all see her getting her shirt laced up peacefully and the small dark figure standing in the doorway.

Fenria
2007-04-23, 11:54 PM
Rodrick

Rodrick jumps to his feet upon hearing the scream come from upstairs. But he stopped mid step and forced himself to sit back down. There are already three guys, if not more up there...it'll be fine. It's probably nothing, and me rushing up will look like I'm expecting something. He signaled to the bartender again, but this time asked only for a good meal.

Daracaex
2007-04-24, 12:00 AM
Nuada

Nuada stands in the doorway, stunned for a moment, before speaking. "Go back downstairs Huron. Nothing happened." He steps into the room far enough to grab onto the small dark figure to pull him out of the room with him. "Sorry for disturbing you miss," he said before closing the door and pulling the small man with him back downstairs. "You too, Brelsen was it? There's no reason to be up here."

anarch_nomad
2007-04-24, 12:10 AM
Huron

Huron hesitates for a second while he looks back from Nuada and Azrael still gripping his weapons handles quite tightly. Ok Nuada, but ill just be down the stairs. Huron turns around and walks down the stairs looking over his shoulder concerned about no one being hurt over such a thing. He makes his way to Rodrick. So Rodrick what is bothering you? He orders another...juice.I dont see why the little man wanted to see them that bad? All the barmaid was doing was helping her into her highly decorative armor.

Fenria
2007-04-24, 12:36 AM
Rodrick

"Well. You may be a bit too young to understand, but a lot of men will do a lot to see a woman unclothed in any fashion. So the little one was there, probably to see all that he could. A few of the others probably ran for a similar reason, but under the guise of protection. So, it's not what they were doing that they wanted to see...It's what they might have been doing."

He continued to eat as Huron mulled his words over.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-24, 12:43 AM
Huron

Huron makes a puzzled face. Then starts laughing. Thats it? To see a women unclothed? They will do anything to see that? I wonder why, my people never acted so? Nudity was fairly common among my people. But I must say Mr.Nuada is an honest and good man. Thats why I went up there, to help Mr.Nuada if there was any trouble. He went up there to make sure no trouble was occuring. Im glad to see you did not do the same and act as strange as them.

Daracaex
2007-04-24, 12:51 AM
Nuada

"Thank you Huron," Nuada said, coming back into the common area, "I resent that Roderick," he said jokingly.

DraPrime
2007-04-24, 05:56 AM
"Alright everybody, scram. We shouldn't be disturbing Ms, or is it Mrs? Aurelia." Brelsan heads back down.

Theeon
2007-04-24, 11:29 AM
Azrael

((before all this happens))
Azrael leans against the doorway as if he has done nothing wrong. As the barmaid continues to scream he says, "Shut that women up before I do. I only came up here because i thought it might be more interesting then hanging down there with that dry bunch." As a bunch of men rush up the stairs he only shakes his head "Fools, and mindless oafs".]. As the tall man tries to grab him a sinister looking blade is produced out of his cloak. He holds it against the mans wrist. "If you want to keep that hand you [I]will take it off of me. I have legs, I can walk. Unless you would prefer to do this the hard way." He says all this with no emotion as if it wouldn't really bother him that much to take this mans life (or be that difficult). (Assuming he is let go he then literally vanishes)

((Ghost step, silence, runs back to my corner in the common room))
[/COLOR]

Visturon
2007-04-24, 03:49 PM
The part of Daracaex's last post stating " "This was the problem right here," he explained, motioning toward the dark-clad gnome. "Okay, who are you and what were you doing sneaking into the rooms of the people staying here?" He motions to Druth to come over and explains the situation to him. " is void and ignorable.

Druth comes over to Daracaex and questions "What was the trouble?"

Also with the scream and men running upstairs the table full of men goes silent and listens in on the talk.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-24, 03:53 PM
Huron

Huron looks at Druth still quivering in fear/excitment Well this little man...(he looks around franticaly) went up into the winged womens room and was spying on here when she was changing. And Nuada rushed to make sure everything was fine when the other girl screamed. Then after that the man he...he just vanished!

Daracaex
2007-04-24, 05:18 PM
Nuada

"Yeah, that's pretty much it." He becomes angry. "If I find out where that man went... He threatened to kill me! Then he just vanished, like a flame being blown out. I've never seen such a thing!"

Visturon
2007-04-24, 05:54 PM
"That is odd but dont get to riled up over this, if he can vanish into thin air than he might be dangerous." Druth returns "Anyway I'll apologize to the lady when she comes back down. Well how about we all have a seat and hear all the stories you rovers probably have over some good ale." He walks to an open table in the middle of the room and has a seat.

The large man who was telling a story when you all first came in now walks over to Naris, and asks in a very confident and used to being listened to way "Not that its bad but the musics getting wearing, you mind taking a break for a while." and it was not said as a question. He hands Naris a silver piece and walks back to his buddies.

Theeon
2007-04-24, 07:09 PM
Azrael watches as the others come down the stairs. So is this all this town has to offer. If thats so maybe they are not worth me wasting my skill on. I will wait two more days and if nothing good turns up I will be on my way. Hmmm.... maybe I'll invite the angel-women to come with me, she could be...useful, to say the least.

DraPrime
2007-04-24, 07:38 PM
Brelsan

When Brelsan gets down the stairs he whispers into Rodrick's ear "I think we have some hellspawn on the loose. When I went upstairs there was a man sneaking around up there. The perv was trying to look at Aurelia. The barmaid screamed when she saw him. But here's the thing, he had blood red eyes. Whatever he is, he isn't human. Or any of the humanoid races for that matter. He just disappeared when we caught him. We should hunt him down. He can't be up to any good. And if Aurelia is half-celestial then she will definitely help us. She should be down soon. If we have a fiend loose in this inn then we are all dead. In the meantime I think that I should warn Huron. Watch the door. He may sneak out with his invisibility." With that said Brelsan wanders over to Huron. "Don't blurt this out when you hear what I say. I think the man who disappeared is a fiend. Or at least has fiend blood in him. Did you see his red eyes? We need to find him. Talk to Rodrick if you don't know what a fiend is." Brelsan walks up the stairs and knocks on Aurelia's door. If it opens or he can come in he'll talk."Sorry to bother you but there's something important that I need to talk about. The man who was sneaking around here. He's disappeared into thin air. But before he disappeared I noticed that he had blood red eyes. There's something wrong about the way he looks. I think he has some fiend blood in him and can't be up to any good at all. Do you want to help me find him? I presume that you would you being part celestial. Or did those wings come from another source?"

Weezer
2007-04-24, 07:53 PM
Karak
Karak is still sitting at the table, looking amusedly at his companions searching for the man who was upstairs. He finishes off his ale with a giant swig and orders a meal from the barmaid.
Man, it seems these people are a bunch of uptight prudes.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-24, 08:11 PM
Huron

Hurons grip tightens on his drink when Brelsan tells him of the small man being a fiend. He stands up and goes outside. He pulls out his weapons once he is outside and cleans them in the rain. Making small prayers to the Great Crow. Then he puts them back in his belt and walks back inside the tavern.

Visturon
2007-04-24, 09:58 PM
Druth turns toward the door and speaks in a guttural language [Dwarven]: "Thram, close the door and get all the others closed too." Then a man more like a bear who had been sitting motionless until now next to the door stands and closes the great front doors and throws a massive beam across to lock it before he heads into the kitchen.

The men at the table see something going on though they didnt seem to catch quite what and many stand up only to slump back into their chairs drunkenly. However the big bearded man stands up and walks over to Druth "Whats the deal that makes the door need to be sealed? And can I help?"

Druth turns to him, "Sure we are looking for the little guy who followed the girls upstairs. Set your drunks over there to turning over every chair in the room."

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-24, 10:13 PM
Naris

Naris's eyes flutter open at the mention of a fiend, but when he realizes that they aren't talking about him, he almost laughs (but doesn't). He shrugs, not his problem, and closes his eyes again, keeping his ears open for any conversation, though.

Listen check: 1d20+5=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=999376)

Fenria
2007-04-24, 10:43 PM
Rodrick

"Yeah, let's hope that we can find him. I'd like to get a hold of him myself, for two reasons. One, for doing something so depraved. Two, for doing what I wanted to do." He says this to Brelsan, with a slightly joking tone at the last part, but not much of one. "Go see if she'll join us, I'll stay and see what I can see."

(Takes 20 on Spot while scanning the room. Roll = 27)

anarch_nomad
2007-04-24, 10:48 PM
Huron

Huron starts to walk around the tavern (not trying to spot him or really searching) He goes up the stairs. And searches up there.

((Takes 20 on search=25))

Daracaex
2007-04-25, 12:03 AM
Nuada

Nuada scans the room slowly with Roderick, meticulously going over every corner of the room. "Roderick," he says to the priest, "you're a cleric right? I've never met one before, but I've heard rumors that they have skill with divine magic, bestowed upon them by their god. What do you know about invisibility?"

Fenria
2007-04-25, 12:22 AM
Rodrick

"Invisibility? Oh, I've heard of it. But it's always been from the frequenters of my old pub, or the loony who lived on the edge of my city who believed that he could talk to the rocks. I've never acutally seen someone use it before." He continues looking while he talks.

"I've seen things tonight that I didn't think I'd see in my entire lifetime, so I wouldn't be very surprised if this guys turned out to be a fiend after all."

Vazzaroth
2007-04-25, 12:31 AM
Shale

Lets see... what did that text say about all those outsiders that can fly? Perhaps it's her race? Don't angels have wings?
((Knowledge:the planes, nature, religion(untrained): (1d20+6=7, 1d20+4=19, 1d20+3=13) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=999621)))

Shale takes more than just a short moment to notice that his food arrived, and dosn't react to the screams from upstairs, although he appreciates the temperary quiet in this chaotic place that seemed to follow, shortlived as it was.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-25, 12:55 AM
Huron

Huron goes down the stairs putting his weapons away. He sits down at the bar and closes his eyes trying to be calm and cool headed. He then gets up and looks around the tavern not scanning for the man but just to see how much comostion this little nusance has caused. He then sighs. He says this in a semi-relaxed tone Little man. Please come out of hiding. I give you my solemn oath that I will not hurt you and will die defending you if you just come out. (While he says the oath he pulls out his dagger and makes a slight cut in his hand causing it to bleed. Then he grabs his necklace pulling it off his neck and holding it up) I swear on my familys spirits and the honor of our once great clan!

Theeon
2007-04-25, 12:56 AM
After a few minutes of letting them ransack the common room he starts making his way to the bar. A bunch of unskilled louts. But they do have tenacity I will give them that. Maybe I will stick around. They could use me watching over them and protecting them, they will just get themselves killed with out it. He appears at Shale's side as he pulls out a chair and sits down. "Do you mind" he motions to the bread and cheese. If allowed he grabs some and begins to eat. "So, whats all this about" he motions to the large crowd behind him and smiles when no one is looking.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-25, 01:14 AM
Huron

Once Huron sees Azrael and hurrys over to him and sits right next to him. Im glad you decided to join us "Whispering Wind" im Huron of the Crow tribe. Please may I know your name and how you did your amazing thing? Like I promised you. I will protect you until I die if you are attacked. From here till we depart tonight. I have sworn it on the honor and respect of my entire clan.

DraPrime
2007-04-25, 06:39 AM
Brelsan walks down the stairs once Aurelia gives a reply. He stands next to Rodrick and gets ready to torch Azrael if he shows any hostility.

Vazzaroth
2007-04-25, 08:45 AM
Shale

"Err... you. I believe. Or someone like you. For some reason. I wasn't really paying attention."
He scoots over slightly away from the other two men, and pushes the food to Azrael a bit.

Theeon
2007-04-25, 10:16 AM
Azrael

He looks toward Huron,"Oh beleive me, my little ignorant friend I can do much more than just that." He pretends to walk away, heading towards the nearest table, before he raises his hand as Huron tomahawk flies into it. He twirls it around in his hand a little before before slaming it into the table make a very lound sound. He shouts to the room,"Hey! It's getting abit crowded in here, and thats a bit against my style so Im going to be out side if you still want to search for me." He chuckels to him self as the search party, whose attention was on the wrong side of the room, is suddenly drawn to him (along with the shocked faces that probablly follow). With that he starts toward the door.

((mage hand on Tomahawk, I will wait for response until I finish the rest of my action.))

DraPrime
2007-04-25, 11:58 AM
Brelsan

"Don't move or else the last thing you see will be a ball of fire!" If Azrael doesn't stop Brelsan will cast Flaming Sphere and direct it towards Azrael

Daracaex
2007-04-25, 04:04 PM
Nuada

Nuada turns toward the voice with a start. He looks at the gnome in shock and anger for a second, then realizes the situation everyone was in. Chuckling to himself a bit, he looks toward Brelsan and says, "There's no need for that Brelsan. We only need to talk with him." He then follows Azrael outside. "You managed to create quite a commotion in there stranger. Loooking back, I can almost laugh at our apparent overreaction. Forgive us, but we haven't seen magic before and were quite startled when you disappeared like that, especially after threatening me." His face grows serious. "I must ask that you don't do such a thing again while you are in this town. I have been charged with protecting the peace here and would appreciate it if you made my job a bit easier, especially in my off-duty time." Nuada smiles again, trying to be friendly and says, "Well, sorry for the lecture. Now why don't you join us back inside? I'm curious to know how you did all those things." He motions toward the the tavern and begins walking back inside, pausing at the door to see if the gnome is following him before walking back inside and sitting at the table next to Huron.

DraPrime
2007-04-25, 04:14 PM
"And what if he runs? Or disappears? Or stabs someone?"

Daracaex
2007-04-25, 04:28 PM
Nuada (on his way out the door)

"Then we'll take care of that if it happens, but all he has done is cause a little chaos. I'll talk to him about that now. I'd rather trust in the good of people rather than assume they'll stab me in the back."

DraPrime
2007-04-25, 05:00 PM
"And I give out trust when it is earned instead of deluding myself about the intentions of others."

Daracaex
2007-04-25, 06:05 PM
Nuada

"Fine then I'll keep that in mind."

If Azrael is reasonable about this whole deal and comes back in with Nuada, then Nuada whispers that Azrael did not register as evil to Brelsan when he comes back.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-25, 06:09 PM
Huron

Huron follows Azrael outside but on his way outside he gets his tomahawk from the table. He then stays in a close proximity around him. When Brelsan talks about hitting him with fire then Huron gets ready. Then relaxes when Nuada talks to him. He joins Azrael inside if he goes.

Theeon
2007-04-25, 06:16 PM
Azrael
"You" He looks towards Brelsem "stop talking while you still can. And you" He looks toward Nuada "I do not threaten lives, I end them. I did not threaten you, I just do not like being touched, you would do well to remember that." He walks away with Nuada.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-25, 06:33 PM
Huron

Huron trails behind him hands ready for conflict. He does however laugh at the little mans arrogance.

Daracaex
2007-04-25, 06:41 PM
Nuada

"Very well. I guess I did overreact there," Nuada says.

(Proceed with scene outside)

Nuada is waiting at the door for Azrael to respond.

Fenria
2007-04-25, 07:57 PM
Rodrick

Rodrick walks to the door (assuming that Azreal isn't inside yet) and says, "Sir, could you please tell me how you did that? I've heard of the power to turn invisible before, but have never encountered it."

(If Azreal is already inside, Rodrick says the same thing, but remains seated and motions for Azreal to take a seat next to him, followed closely by saying the same thing as above)

Weezer
2007-04-25, 08:15 PM
Karak
When Azreal returns (Asumming he does) Karak walks over to him and whispers in his ear.
"Nice trick you pulled, goin' invisible, so what really happened up stairs?"

DraPrime
2007-04-25, 08:17 PM
Brelsan

Brelsan is about to say something, but decides against setting Azrael of fire. Arrogance may be annoying but it isn't a crime.

Theeon
2007-04-25, 08:45 PM
Azrael

When I return "Going invisible is second nature to me, I doubt you could comprehend the skill, of the focus, necessary to do it". Talking to Karak "You seem to be close, but not quite there. I could teach you if you are willing to make the sacrifice". He turns to every one else. "So what do you all want from me"

DraPrime
2007-04-25, 08:54 PM
Brelsan

"An end to your arrogance! And your perversion!" Brelsan leans in close to Nuada and whispers in his ear. "Did you hear what he says? He brags about having killed people. He may not be evil but he definitely isn't good. He keeps threatening people. We should at least keep an eye on him. There is no way he can be trusted."

Daracaex
2007-04-25, 09:31 PM
Nuada

He whispers back, "Well, maybe he's just a mercenary. We'll keep an eye on him for certain, but he doesn't kill for no reason. He seems to be proud of his ability, yet he isn't evil. We should at least give him a chance before we condemn him. I'm not asking you to like him, I don't particularly like his kind of attitude either, but you can at least act politely."

Visturon
2007-04-25, 09:43 PM
firstly i would like to mention that to open the front door you would need a strength check that none of you can make successfully.

secondly i advise that we say you went to the corner not outdoors to avoid to time it would take to redo all that.

Thirdly Druth calls into the next room [Dwarven]: "Thram, go ahead and re-open the front door, but keep the others locked." Moments later the bearlike man comes in and with a great heave pushes the beam out of the latch and allows the door to re-open. the rain outside is pouring so hard and thick that it seems the sky is trying to beat the ground to death.

The drunken men searching the room over slowly realize that the gnome is found and return to their table but the big bearded man approaches Nuada "Your Nuada? I am Thom, owner of the Big Oak Lumber Camp, and I intend to take my men back up to the camp in the morning, it would be helpful if you could gather that escort fast. I want to get a load down soon." He turns toward the door, "I have stuff to do but it shouldn't be hard to find me if you want anything." He then heads out into the rain vanishing from sight just outside the door.

Fenria
2007-04-25, 10:22 PM
Rodrick

Rodrick walks up to Nuada. "Good sir, what is this escort that Thom was just talking about. Am I able to help at all?"

Daracaex
2007-04-25, 10:39 PM
Nuada AC:18 HP:22

"Oh, right. I talked about that with the sheriff this morning. I'll take care of that right away." A strange look comes into Nuada's eyes as he turns back to the table. What am I thinking? That's a crazy idea. Still... He looks into the eyes of everyone around the table.

"What do you guys feel about helping me with a little mission I need to go on? I need people with skill and it looks like I'm surrounded by some of the most skilled people that have passed through New Sight in quite some time. What do you say?"

Fenria
2007-04-25, 10:45 PM
Rodrick

"How do I feel about helping? You needn't ask twice my friend! I ventor for my lord Pelor, and I must go far to acheive his glory. Count me in."

Kirstin
2007-04-25, 10:56 PM

Aurelia tells Brelsan while he is up there that she is fine and will be down soon.

Aurelia enters the main room dressed in her leathers (described on her character sheet) and seeing everyone gathered around approaches them and asks with a smile "What was the big comotion down here and why are all the chairs strewn everywhere?" She then takes a seat, once more flipping it around so she can strecth her wings freely.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-25, 11:09 PM
Huron AC:16 HP:33

Huron relaxes seeing how no-one is being hostile anymore. Huron leans over to Nuada.Nuada may I help? With this escort? I can be quite useful in the woods as you know.

Vazzaroth
2007-04-25, 11:11 PM
Shale HP: 22/22 AC: 14 PP: 19

Shale, for once, was paying attention after the dwarf yelled. He leaned back again towords the table of the gathering of people, and listened to the conversation. As they talked to Aurelia, he slowly reached into a pouch hanging from his belt, and pulled out his hand once again, in a fist. He brought both of his hands up to form a cup in front of him, and stares into his hands at a small, pearl-like, rose tinted object that takes up about 3/4 of his hand.

So? Should we offer to join them?
Hmm. Perhaps. It may not be quite as constructive as our traditional studing, but I feel the growth potential for your powers might just be greater.
Great. It's decided, I'll approach them in a just a minute. This cheese is rather good!
*Sigh* If you must...
It's been quite awhile since I've actually eaten food...

Shale leans back forward, places the object on the side of his plate, cuts off a few small pieces of the cheese, and keeps listening for his opening in the conversation.

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-25, 11:26 PM
Naris AC: 13; HP: 16

Naris looks up again at the people talking, Perhaps this would be my chance to gain some trust and power along with it... I'll talk to them as soon as they're about to leave...

Daracaex
2007-04-25, 11:37 PM
Nuada AC:18 HP:22/22

Nuada laughs, "actually Huron, I was counting on it! That was going to be the first thing I did in the morning is find you so you could come along. And though I just met you, Roderick, I felt you would agree too. Thank you." When Aurelia comes down and sits down, he doesn't react as amazed as he did before, but his eyes still flick over to her wings from time to time.

He addresses the entire table saying, "I guess I better tell you guys what we're doing then. One of the logging camps rather far away from New Sight can't get any of their lumber out. Every time they make a shipment, it vanishes without a trace. The Sheriff asked me to gather men to form an escort for the next shipment to find out what is happening to the shipments and stop whatever's causing the problem, if possible. The man I just talked to, Thom O'Connor, is the owner of the camp. He has offered to pay us well, but he wont set a price until he knows how many are going to make up the escort."

Theeon
2007-04-25, 11:38 PM
Azrael

"Hey just so you no that guy over there is acting suspicious" he motions towards Shale "You know because any one suspicious is going to kill you so you better hassle him now" He rolls his eyes, it is obvious that he is being very sarcastic. Azrael walks away heading towards his dark corner.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-25, 11:52 PM
Huron AC:16 HP:33

Huron smiles. Thank you Nuada. Id be honored to join you. To the lumber mill you say? Hmm now where is that again?
((Knowledge geography = 12 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1001754))
((Knowledge nature = 23 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1001761))

After a few seconds of Huron remembering previous scouting expeditions. He leans over to Nuada The nearest lumber camps to us are Hardwood Surplus, Gradt's Big Lumber Camp, Felling Trees Anonymous, Inc., and Arrow Lumber and Thoms lumber camp is a few days NorthWest of here.

Visturon
2007-04-26, 12:29 AM
The barmaids return from the kitchen and them and Druth proceed to put the tavern back together.

The huge guy by the door remains in his chair next to the door.

The drunks keep on telling stories rambunctiously.

The rain keeps falling furiously.

It is now about 10:30 AM and a man walks down the stairs from above, he stands near seven feet tall and nearly three feet wide at the shoulder, across his back is a sword that goes from slightly over his head down to near his knees and he wears big brown boots, black pants, a white shirt, overly sturdy suspenders that could be part of a harness, and a big green coat. His hair is braided and his purple eyes are sharp as they scan the room before he sets down at the bar.

Kirstin
2007-04-26, 01:30 AM

Aurelia looks interested and raises her chin off the back of the chair, "Sounds like it could be interesting. I'll come if you could use some extra talent of odd sorts." She holds up her hand it flares a green tinged flamelike burst that is run through with chaotic streaks of purple. "Not to mention the presence of a woman to quell any... 'wild beasts'.. we might encounter." She gives a sly smile and lays her arm over the back of her chair before resting her chin once again on it. She now sets and slowly studies her new companions with her big eyes; whenever she catches Rodrick looking at her she looks away after a moment and bites her lower lip slightly.

DraPrime
2007-04-26, 05:58 AM
Brelsan

Brelsan sighs as Rodrick volunteers for the job. Why does he have to be so eager?. He turns to Rodrick "I'm not coming. Sorry Rodrick, but this town deserves to not get their lumber." With that Brelsan continues drinking.

Fenria
2007-04-26, 08:47 AM
Rodrick

Rodrick much harder to concentrate with Aurelia sitting not 10 feet away from him, and he found himself glancing over at her every so often. Sometimes she noticed and he would quickly look away and be absorbed in the conversation again. That was when he heard Brelsan.

[Elven]: "What do you mean not coming? I know they're loggers, but they treat the trees better than goblins, orcs, and any number of other vile creatures. What if the people who are taking the trees are building machines of war with them. What if they're making a testament to an evil god? If these loggers keep it, though, we know that it'll go to housing. Besides, how long do you think I will last without you around? You know how I can be, I need all the help I can get!"

Vazzaroth
2007-04-26, 09:07 AM
Shale

Seems as good a time as ever to approach them, especially if that girl is going.
Don't you fall on love or anything, that would be far too much of a distration.
Of course, I know.
Shale once again rises from his stool and approaches the group. He gives them a half-bow, and speaks.
"Hello. I hope I'm not interrupting too much, but I couldn't help but overhear your plight. I was wondering if you would be opposed to me accompanying your group in this? I shan't be a burdun, hopefully, as I should be able to defend myself should trouble arise. Can I take a seat?"

Shale will pull a chair over(if they approve) and sit with them at the table.

Theeon
2007-04-26, 11:04 AM
Azrael

From his dark corner you can hear him give one lound laugh. "Ha! The druid will not go because he is a coward, simple as that. Look at him Quivering in his boots."(in a mocking tone that resembles Breslen)"Oh no,not the trees, we must save the trees.Despicable, I dislike cowards. If he wil not accompany you than I shall go with you. The gods know you need some one to watch you backs, or you will all end up dead." Suddenly he looks toward the Bard and shouts in a very unpleasent language :You, Bard, Come. Do not think I can not recognize your kind. Do not attempt to hide from me. I will not reveal you but you [i]will be coming with me. I could use someone with, shall we say, negotiable ethics.

DraPrime
2007-04-26, 05:02 PM
Brelsan

"Me a coward? This is coming from a guy who will disappear instead of fighting. Let's solve this with a fight. Or are you going to disappear and run away?"(now Brelsan mocks Azrael)"The gods know you need someone to watch your backs, or you all will end up dead."" As if you would watch anyones back. At the first sign of danger you would run to your mother. With this said Brelsan draws his rapier and says "When you're ready" Brelsan momentarily turns to Rodrick to talk.

[Elven]: Fine I'll go. But only so that you keep your neck firmly attached to your head. Just let me beat the daylights out of this idiot. Don't help me.

Daracaex
2007-04-26, 05:41 PM

Nuada motions to the strangely-dressed newcomer to take a chair and says, "The more the merrier! Please, joins us."

He stands up quickly at the sight of the coming conflict and shouts, "That's enough! If you two are really out to fight each other, then you do it outside and away from the town. I won't allow blood to be shed in my town!"

Weezer
2007-04-26, 05:44 PM
Karak
"I'd be glad to help with your little problem" Karak says after contemplating the job offer, "At the least we will do some interesting action and at the most we will earn some gold."

Theeon
2007-04-26, 06:22 PM
Azrael

"You want to go tree lover be my guest." A blade appears in his hand "You would not last past 10 minutes, and I do not betray people or kill for no reason that is for the scum of this earth who should be destroyed. Oh, and I have no mother." He spits the word 'scum' out of his mouth.

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-26, 07:40 PM
Naris

Naris's eyes widen at first when the gnome begins talking, but by the end he almost laughs out loud. He gets up, strapping his lute over his back and walks over to the gnome, replying in the same language so fluently and quickly that gnome almost has trouble keeping up, : "You should work on your threats, gnome, I've heard demons make better threats out of boredom. Why in the Abyss do you want me? And anyways, you don't need to reveal a thing, I just need to look them in the eyes to show them my nature. However, I was thinking of coming along either way, your threats are meaningless, though I will keep them in mind when you come asking for my help later. Anyways, I don't believe I caught your name," After the gnome tells Naris his name, he continues, "Azrael, alright," he turns towards the newly forming group, "I don't wish to intrude, but this gnome here politely asked me to join your group, and I don't know how I could refuse such a request. However," he inconspiciously brushes his hair out of his eyes, revealing quite openly his dark red eyes, "If I would prefer that I didn't join, I would understand."

((Paladin: I have [I]Undetectable Alignment up, don't even think about it. :smallbiggrin:))

Visturon
2007-04-26, 08:20 PM
Suddenly, without any warning the man from by the door is between the two ready to fight; he looks to them both and says "You want fight, you got fight Thram first!" he then braces himself and you can see muscles bulging under his massive shirt.

"Something tells me neither of you can match his strength with whatever skills you use." a deep voice from the bar proclaims. The big man with the sword is now setting with his back to the bar watching the scene before him, "But by all means do try, it could be interesting to see how muddy you get being thrown outside."

anarch_nomad
2007-04-26, 08:23 PM
Huron

Huron looks over at Brelsan and Rodrick while they are talking in Elven. Elven:What is wrong druid you seem upset about this expidition? I to dislike helping millers but it is for a greater good. And if the logging camp sustained damage in a conflict and could not opperate then oh well I suppose, for the greater good of course, (he smiles at Rodrick) For PELUR!

DraPrime
2007-04-26, 08:31 PM
Brelsan

While he talks Brelsan moves into a position so that no one is between him and Azrael. "I may not last 10 minutes but you won't last one. And what happened to your mother? Did you run away when you were supposed to defend her?" With that said Brelsan ignores Nuada and casts flaming sphere and deals 11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1004043) damage. (reflex DC 15 to avoid all damage.) Brelsan will make the sphere continue to hurt Azrael for the next 2 rounds dealing 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1004067) damage the next round and 9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1004069) during the last round of the spell's duration. In the meantime Brelsan replies in elven to Huron. [Elven] Don't worry. I already agreed to go so that Rodrick doesn't lose his head. Now don't distract me from this fight!

Visturon
2007-04-26, 08:44 PM
Thram suddenly lurches the few feet between himself and the druid and sends a series of hard punches (1d20+16=25, 1d20+16=23, 1d20+11=23, 1d10+9=17, 1d10+9=14, 1d10+9=10) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1004072) into the druids gut. [Brelsan takes 41 non-lethal damage and lies unconcious]

Before Brelsan hits the ground the man is facing Azrael; and clearly ready to charge him.

The man at the bar has started laughing hysterically as he walks to the door, where he puts the massive beam in place without much effort and stands in front of the sealed door like a guard.

Druth rushes into the kitchen and returns a moment later with a heavy looking sap and closes the door behind the barmaids who flee the fight.

The drunks go silent and watch Brelsan fall with an air of amazement about them.

[everyone now needs to roll initiative.]

Theeon
2007-04-26, 09:03 PM
Azrael AC:15 HP:24/24

Reflex (1d20+7=20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1004150), Init (1d20+4=6) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1004156). Azrael jumps out of the way of the fire ball, and when he sees the big guy beat the crap out of the Druid he laughs, to the point of collaps. "Do not worry about me I will not attack there is no need any more." Oh and Naris [Infernal]: If you think that that is a threat you are mistaken. I just wish to let you know that you do not have to hide your self around me. I have worked for your kind in the past and they have proved to be quite... honorable with their dealings. By the way I do not ask for help." He continues to laugh

Fenria
2007-04-26, 09:06 PM
Rodrick

Rodrick sat flabergasted at what his friend had just done. He stayed in his chair, not moving a muscle, afraid that doing so would instigate another event. He was sure that the people around him were looking at him, expecting him to jump up to his friends defence.

"Brelsan, you idiot..." he says to no one in particular. He sighs in annoyance and takes a large swig from his mug.

Visturon
2007-04-26, 09:12 PM
Thram(init=27) is clearly not satisfied as he rushes the gnome as he was staging to do and brings his massive fist into the side of Azrael's head sending him wobbling but not dropping him. [15 non-lethal to Azrael]

Vazzaroth
Shale HP: 22/22 AC:18 PP: 18

Init: (1d20+2=9) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1004179)

"Holy crap!"
Shale leaps up immediatly when the man attack, but, struck with panic, takes a moment to do anything. He runs away as soon as he gets his chance, trying to make his way to the second floor staircase while staying away from the brawling men. When he arrives, he stops, focuses, and a deep *pop* issues from his general area.

((Move, 40ft, to staircase, will start going up if possible. Manifest "Force Screen", 1 PP))

anarch_nomad
Huron AC:16 Hp:33

((Initiative = 21 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1004124))

Huron gets down on the ground once Brelsan is on the ground and he scurrys over to him. Making sure he is ok. He then glares at Azrael once he says what he says(in common not infernal of course) And says Sylvan:You will pay for this Azrael, I might owe you my protection that I swore on my familys honor tonight but your time will come and my vengence will know no bounds. He helps Breslan up and has him lean on him or if possible picks him *cradle style* and walks to the Druth and gets a room caring him up tp it.

Fenria
2007-04-26, 09:19 PM
Rodrick

Noticing what Huron is doing, Rodrick walks over to him. "It's ok, he's done this before. I've got him." Still refusing to anything aggressive, he takes Brelsan, sets him in a chair, and checks him over to make sure he's ok.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-26, 09:26 PM
Huron

Huron doesnt let go of him and still proceeds with his previous actions. He keeps taking him upstairs to his room. Huron says this not in his usual voice but a cold emotionless voice that chills you. Rodrick we can talk about this once I put him down and we can help heal him.

Fenria
2007-04-26, 09:28 PM
Rodrick

(Ignoring previous posts actions) "Fine, but you shouldn't move him too much until we know he's ok!" Rodrick follows Huron upstairs.

DraPrime
2007-04-26, 09:28 PM
Brelsan bleeds

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-26, 09:30 PM
Naris AC: 13; HP: 16, (1d20+3=17) (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1004237) Initiative: 17

Naris watches the fight with interest, remarking to Azrael (without turning to look at the gnome), "You're right, excuse me. You [I]blackmailed me, and now you simply claim that my kind can be honerable, so you called me over? Make up your mind, little one. Oh, and looking at the man fighting you, all I have to say is 'enjoy your nap.'" he briefly considers helping in the fight to gain the trust of the group, but realizes that the only person worth helping is on the floor unconscious.

Visturon
2007-04-26, 10:08 PM
[please delete/edit any post after this one to re-work to the new situation]

Thram immediately initiates another volley of blows these ones aimed at the gnomes gut [ 1d20+16=17, 1d20+16=29, 1d20+11=27, 1d10+9=12, 1d10+9=17, 1d10+9=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1004484) ]

When the gnome falls he picks him up and walks over to grab the unconscious elf and says to Nuada, "Got sumtin for holdin cells." and walks to the door.

Daracaex
2007-04-26, 10:12 PM

Nuada watches as the fight unfolds before he can do anything. "Damnit!"I wish it didn't have to come to this. Let's go Thram." he swears. He announces to the others, "If you're still interested in helping with the escort, meet me at the prison." With that, he follows Thram out and leads him to the holding cells, in which he locks the two unconscious men.

Daracaex
2007-04-26, 11:10 PM
((Deleted))

anarch_nomad
2007-04-26, 11:23 PM
Huron

After they both are taken down Huron rises to his feet and walks over to Breslan and sits on his heels looming over him. (gives out a sigh) Why did you have to do a stupid thing like that (he puts his hands on his face) He then starts to lift Breslan and starts taking him to the holding cells. Nuada can you help me take him to the cells? Rodrick my friend you should stay here so that no more comotion happens. Me and Nuada will take care of Breslan. He gives a slight smile at Rodrick which fades into a slight frown.

Kirstin
2007-04-27, 12:40 AM

During the commotion and brawl Aurelia stays put in her seat but is setting up with arms and legs braced to move at any moment, her wings are half extended and tensed incase she needs to move anywhere fast.

As it seems to subside and the two men are being carried out she gets up and comes over to Nuada "I think I'll come with you." She follows Nuada until stated otherwise.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-27, 12:51 AM
Huron

Huron looks back at Aurelia. I think it would be better if you stayed here, there wont be much going on at the holding cells. *Huron turns around and faces Aurelia,he closes his eyes and starts muttering in Sylvan and using one of his hands to make big sweeping "blessing/prayer" type motions* Sylvan:May the great crow watch over you and protect you with his infinite wisdom and allow him to enter your body and remove any corruption or evil you may have in your heart and soul. Huron opens his eyes and looks into her's. Now please stay here and watch over the rest of the people. For me and Nuada?

Vazzaroth
2007-04-27, 08:43 AM
Shale

Shale pops his head out from around the corner of the staircase after the bouncer takes the men.
"Is it over?"
He walkes over to where he was previosuly, and sits again, sighing.
"That man didn't... die right? It just a couple punches. I'm sure it hurt, but..."
A small, thin black leg appears out of his belt pouch, followed by a few more, and finally the rosey pearl hoists itself out of the pouch. He climbs down Shale's arm, spiderlike, onto the table in front of him, and glows as it produces words.
Elven: "Get ahold of yourself. You're no coward, I've seen you fight. You must focus on your task at hand. That man said the prison would be the meeting spot for the escort, we should leave for there soon.
"Yes, your right. But It happened so quickly, and without warning!"
Elven: "There was planty of warning, you just wern't paying attention again."
"Oh."

DraPrime
2007-04-27, 01:11 PM
Brelsan

Once Brelsan will look around at his surroundings and ask the closest person "What happened?"

Weezer
2007-04-27, 03:50 PM
Karak
Chuckling to himself Karak helps Nuada carry the unconscious person to the prison.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-27, 05:44 PM
Huron

(For Weezers and everyones info im the one carrying Brelsan not Nuada.) Huron doesnt allow the man to help. He just keeps on his trek towards the jail cells.

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-27, 07:39 PM
Naris

Naris doesn't give a second thought to the fight that had just happened, that sort of thing was common where he grew up. Rather, he decides that he'll meet up with Nuada when everyone else chooses to leave. Damn, he thinks to himself, this world is too consfusing. Reflexivly, he places his hand on his rapier hilt comfort himself, but instead an onslought of painful memories flood his mind.

Shaking his head to clear it of thoughts, he moves over and sits down at the table again. He pulls off his lute, and plays another fast-paced tune, allowing himself to get sucked into the music.

Daracaex
2007-04-27, 09:11 PM

((I think you misread Vist's post Huron. The bouncer, Thram, is carrying both Brelsan and Azrael. And I opted to edit my previous post instead of repost, so try going back and rereading my post as well.))

Beams of light from the setting sun slant through the jail cell windows. Nuada is sitting in a chair facing the cells, writing in his journal. Seeing Brelsan waking up, he buckles the journal back into the strap on his belt before addressing him. "You started a fight with the gnome, friend. Thram took care of both of you quickly. I'm sorry, but I should have listened to you. I didn't think he would go that far with his taunting."

DraPrime
2007-04-27, 09:36 PM
Brelsan

"So that's why my head hurts. So do I have to pay a fine for the massive scorch mark I left on the floor and the fight I started? Or do I have to do time for what I've done? Cus I actually changed my mind about the whole lumber thing. I'm coming fi I can."

anarch_nomad
2007-04-27, 09:41 PM
((No I talked to Vist and he said he had only Azrael over his shoulder and walked out he told Nuada that he had something for him while he was at the elfs body but he didnt state he picked it up, Nor did Nuada say he picked him up. Im the only one to state that I picked up Brelsan. Also is it that big of a deal? My character cares deeply about his companion and wants to carry him there personally))

Huron

Huron who is sitting on the floor next to Nuada's chair looks up once Brelsan has finished his questions. Why did you do such a foolish thing?! You should have fought him outside on equal grounds. I understand your frustration with that little bast**d and I agree his punishment should be much more horrible then what he will get.(he looks over at Nuada then back to Brelsan)

Visturon
2007-04-27, 10:02 PM
Thram heads out into the rain carrying both men despite peoples attempts to help him. He walks across the green and up a street near the gate where you all come across a good sized stone building with big metal reinforced doors, the building has a tower that rises to a height of about forty feet and is edged in parapets.

Inside the building is a big main room that looks like a court or meeting hall with on door leading into the tower and four against the far wall. Upon following Thram through the one to the tower there are stairs leading both up and down, you follow the later.

Down a floor into the ground is a semi-lit room with 6 ten by ten cells, into two of which Thram delivers unconscious men. He then starts out but first stops at Nuada to say, "You need help anything now?"

Those with healing knowledge have spent the last hours trying to urge Brelsan to consciousness though nothing mundane will make the bruises on his stomach fade for a few days.

Sheriff Trimaes has come down and collected a report from Nuada and left to record it, but first he asked if some of you were interested in helping Nuada with his escort and was pleased to see that you mostly seemed eager.

Upon brelsan's waking at sunset he is still really out of it and can barely speak over the pain in his gut.

Daracaex
2007-04-27, 10:03 PM

((Woops. I didn't catch that. Pay me no mind then.))

"If you want to help, I might be able to talk the sheriff out of having you do time. I'll talk to him when he's available."

DraPrime
2007-04-27, 10:07 PM
Brelsan

"Your a paladin. Aren't you supposed to be about bringing others to justice? Either way, I would like to get out in time."

Visturon
2007-04-27, 10:23 PM
The sheriff comes down the stair as Brelsan speaks and replies, "You will be out at about noon tomorrow, but Mister O'Connor is leaving at dawn with his wagons so if you want to ride with him instead of walking, then you're gonna have to see the judge. Nuada, you're back on duty in two hours so be ready." He looks to the Healer and young tribesman in the cell with Brelsan, "It seems you trust the elf to not bother to keep him locked up?" He walks over to Azrael's cell on the other end of the room, "Given him any attention? He looks pretty beat up and his jaw is really swollen. I don't think he is gonna be happy when he wakes and, Brelsan was it, I'm not sure you want to be in town when he gets out with you tomorrow."

DraPrime
2007-04-27, 10:34 PM
Brelsan

"And how exactly would I get to speak with the judge? Cus I'm curious as to why on earth he would let me out. I don't exactly have the best reason other than I NEED TO DO A JOB. As for the gnome, I'll handle him if I have to OUTSIDE of the town. I don't want to get locked up again." Brelsan turns to Rodrick and Huron. "Would you 2 mind staying here when the judge comes? I need a couple witnesses on my side." Once (and if) the sheriff leaves Brelsan will answer Huron's questions. "I fought him because I had to. What would you have done if someone insulting your tribe and saying it has no honor? Would you have held back? Because I wouldn't have. I'm not much into honor, but sometime you have to act."

anarch_nomad
2007-04-27, 11:19 PM
Huron

Huron who is sitting down looks down at the ground and nods. He then looks up into Brelsans eyes Sylvan:You are as wise as the Great elders told us your people were. The Great Crow is much in you. *Huron makes some medicine man type prayers for Brelsan* My tribes honor must be respected and kept pure if that is taken then my life will have no meaning. Honor is what gives actions meaning and promises worth. You speak well of my people *he gives a deep low bow* I thank you and I will stay here with you.

Visturon
2007-04-27, 11:31 PM
The sheriff walks back over to Brelsan, "I could go get the old ass for you." He smiles and chuckles softly; "Actually he goes to bed early so I'll do him a favor and cut him off just before he gets to bed; he should be in here before Nuada leaves for his watch." Trimaes walks out still laughing to himself.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 12:12 AM
Brelsan

*Bows back to Huron* Brelsan turns to Rodrick and Huron to speak. "So we have an issue. What do we tell the judge? I think that you should both tell him that Azrael provoked me to the point where I had no choice. Don't be afraid to lie a bit (that was whispered). You guys got any other ideas?"

Fenria
2007-04-28, 12:13 AM
Rodrick

"I stay by what I said earlier, I'll help the escort." He quickly glances over at Aurelia(assuming she's there) and blushes faintly before noticing Azrael laying a few cells away. "Do you want me to use my healing spells on him to?"

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 12:18 AM
Brelsan

"Oh yeah, by all means. Nothing would get me out faster than another fight with him. Let him sleep. This way he can't talk while the judge is here."

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 12:20 AM
Huron

Huron looks at Azrael. Elven: No. He doesnt deserve your amazing and healing spiritual powers to mend his vile wounds. He shall stay there and fester in his own arrogance and ignorance. His actions led to his own imprisonment and hopefully his just and a non-fitting punishment.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 12:22 AM
Brelsan

Elven: "I can heal him once I'm about to leave. Seeing the look on his face as he realizes that I'm getting out and he isn't will be priceless."

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 12:28 AM
Huron

Sylvan:Do what you desire Brother Brelsan but the Great Crow tells me not to impart his blessing of safety and spiritual health on this man.

Kirstin
2007-04-28, 12:32 AM

"For some reason I did not expect to spend the afternoon in a prison. I am not fond of places where I can't strecth my wings out, so I hope we can get out of here soon." Aurelia has assumed a cross legged sitting position in the middle of the room but now stands up and adresses everyone present, "I hope none of you mind but sense I don't think the old judge likes me much and I want a drink, I am going to head back to the tavern." She laughs and goes on "But it was quite comical watching him run around after me on the ground screeming about decentcy or some such this morning." She walks out with an amuzed grin saying, "You all know witch room I'm in so feel free to wake me in the morning if we are leaving early." She stops at the base of the stairs and with some conviction and almost anger in her voice "Oh, and don't come sneaking into my room tonight." She winks, spins, and seductively walks up the stairs aware that she is wearing a skirt.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 12:43 AM
Huron

Huron looks at her and shakes his head. Silly women, she should have just stayed at the tavern like I told her. There was no reason to come, she wasted her time coming with us to this place of bars and restrictions. He gets up and fixes his loin cloth. And tightens his moccassin boots. I must leave for a moment and pray. I will be back, bringing with me the Great Crows blessings for you. He turns around and walks outside into the rain. He then proceeds a little ways away from the court/meeting hall/prison. And kneels into the mud and he closes his eyes. Pulling out his dagger and his ancestors Tomahawk he then starts to twirl them in a ritualistic manner chanting in Sylvan.

Fenria
2007-04-28, 12:54 AM
Rodrick

"My assistance is not needed at the moment, I shall take my leave." He stands up slowly, and heads toward the door. "Aurelia! Allow me to have a drink with you! Pelor knows I need one, and drinking with you sounds much more enjoyable than sitting in a cramped prison." He catches up to her and walks beside her to the bar. "In fact, let me buy your drink, and if you're hungry, dinner too. We can talk over both." He looked at her and smiled bashfully.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 12:54 AM
Brelan

"Be back soon Huron, we have a judge to talk to. And Rodrick, if I can't get out early go without me. I'll catch up. I can get a horse or something." When he sees Rodrick leave Brelsan waves and yells to him. Elven Sorry to ruin your moment, but stay here Rodrick. I need someone to vouch for me in front of the judge. Your the priest of pelor and he'll trust you. Aurelia will still be around when the judge makes his decision. And she might be impressed with you being loyal to a friend. I seriously hope she doesn't know elven. That would be awkward.

Fenria
2007-04-28, 01:05 AM
Rodrick

Rodrick pauses in the doorway and looks back at Brelsan.

[Elven]: "...Yeah, it would be a bit awkward. I guess I'll stay, but we're even now, got it? I just hope that the Judge is a god-fearing man."

"Aurelia, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to honor that offer. I have to stay and speak with the judge. As soon as he is done though, I'll come and buy you a drink and dinner..."

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 01:14 AM
Brelsan

[Elven] Come to think of it, you defended Aurelia against the judge. He might not like you. GO GO GO GET THAT GIRL!!!

Fenria
2007-04-28, 01:29 AM
Rodrick

[Elven] "He did shout at me...I'll leave you to your luck. Besides, Nuada saw it all. I bid you farewell."

"Never mind, Aurelia, I'm coming with you again." He blushes strongly as he catches up to her for the second time. "Sorry about that, I just want to make sure he can get out. But for now, let's go get dinner."

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 01:39 AM
Huron

Huron finishes his prayers. He stands up opening his eyes while doing so. He puts his weapons away and starts to walk back to the cells. When he bumps into Aurelia and Rodrick. Hello my friends. How are you doing? Oh Rodrick I almost forgot to bless you. *he does some chanting at a whisper level of volume in sylvan and makes some arm movements then opens his eyes and looks at him* There. The Great crow sends his blessings and is grateful towards your love of this world and its wonders.(looks at Aurelia in the corner of his eye) *He makes a small bow to Rodrick* *He then looks at Aurelia* Ive already blessed you I believe. Would you like me to bless you again? If not I must go and stay with Brelsan.

Kirstin
2007-04-28, 02:06 AM

At the top of the stairs when Brelsan calls out to Rodrick, Kirstin stops and calls back down the stairs [elven]: "Dont worry he is not the first guy to be interested in buying me dinner; and yes it is a little awkward for you. Rodrick, he is probably right, you should vouch for him. Brelsan, dont worry to much about getting out by noon, we can take my carriage and catch up; it is probably faster than the oxen wagon Thom is driving." She then proceeds back to the inn and eats dinner before going back to her room.

Daracaex
2007-04-28, 02:16 AM

"I am sorry Brelsan. I should have done something to prevent the conflict in the first place. Understand that my job is not only to serve justice, but also to keep the peace here. I tend to get a bit flustered when the two come in conflict. I vow to try my best to get you out of here as soon as possible."

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 06:35 AM
Brelsan

When Aurelia speaks in elven Brelsan curses loudly in elven. He then proceeds to sing to himself in druidic until the judge comes.

Vazzaroth
2007-04-28, 10:48 AM
Shale

When Aurelia walks in, Shale looks up at her, then away quickly.

I should ask her now. She seemed to ignore me last time however.
Don't you remember? She's going on the trip too. There will be plenty of time for idle chatter during the journey.
You speak the truth, as always Jada.
Of course.
The crystal on the table gives a self-fulfilled "shudder", looking somehow proud. Shale picks it up, and stows it into his pouch and goes to talk with Druth.
"Greeting again, Innkeeper. It looks like I'll be needing a room for the night, I suppose. If you'd like, I can pay upfront as well. How much would that be?"

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 03:00 PM
Huron

Huron spits in Aurelia's direction when she leaves. He then walks down the stairs. And makes his way to Brelsans cell. I see he hasnt come yet. Huron looks at Brelsan Sylvan: What does Rodrick see in that women? Did you see how she disrespected me? She didnt even answer my question. I dont know if it is like Azraels arrogance or if she is just oblivous and is too obsessed with herself that she doesnt answer or listen to anyone *thinks back when he asked her to stay at the inn and she didnt even answer him* Ive blessed her many times with the spiritual protection of the Crow and she has not shown any respect towards me or the Crow. You my brother are the only one who truly understands I believe. Nuada is my friend also but he does not understand my traditions and my beliefs of what is right and wrong.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 03:21 PM
Brelsan

Sylvan: Not everyone believes in the Crow. I don't worship any god. I just respect the power of nature. It's much more primal and wild. And Nuada, well he's a paladin. He believes in nothing but good and justice. As for what Rodrick sees in Aurelia, well you have to admit that she's very beautiful. She might not respect you because you don't look very "civilized." It's just a theory. Maybe she thinks the Crow isn't a real god for all I know. Are maybe she gets arrogant because so many men respect her for her beauty. There's no way to really tell without going inside her mind.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 03:36 PM
Huron

Huron jumps to his feet eyes filled with anger. Sylvan: How dare she think that the great crow is a false god! The witch and you say she is beautiful? Ha her beauty is like mud compared to the once beautiful women of the crow. To call me uncivilized? Do I not talk correctly,do I eat my food like a dog or wolf? I to worship all of natures wonders and gifts but the Crow spoke to me and my people the strongest out of all of natures powers.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 04:34 PM
Brelsan

Brelsan looks at Huron in surprise. Sylvan: "Calm down Huron! I said it was just a possibility. She could just be arrogant and think that you're not worth her time. Or she could not believe in the Crow. Either way you have to contain your anger. I didn't, and look where it got me. And You look uncivilized to others simply because of the way you dress. And unfortunately people consider tribal societies uncivilized. It's a sad thing. You have to deal with the fact that people are ignorant, however irritating it may be. But I have to say that Nuada and you are both similar in a way. You both believe in honor and doing good. You just both take a different approach to it. So ignore the arrogance of others. Picking a fight with everyone who disrespects the Crow will get you in trouble."

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 04:48 PM
Huron

Huron chew the insides of his cheeks alittle then sighs and sits down. Sylvan:I guess you are right. Its just if you were to see what ive felt from the crow you would know its real. To me some of the people in this town are "uncivilized" look at how they dress. They waste food and waste materials which could help the whole town. They desire only money and land. They are greedy. Also if I the last of the Crow do not protect the honor of my great spiritual master who will!? *he takes his gaze off of Brelsan*

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 04:52 PM
Brelsan

Brelsan stays silent for a minute until an idea pops into his head. Sylvan: You should start your own tribe someday so that no one forgets the Crow. You could do it after all this is done. I'd be willing to help you. While I worship no god the Crow seems to believe in what I do. Could you tell me more about the Crow? I'm sad to say that all I know about him is what you've told me so far.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 05:09 PM
Huron

Huron looks up at ceiling and smiles. Sylvan: I am planning on reviving my tribe. I would be honored for you to help. *he looks at Brelsan, head resting on his shoulder* You want to follow the Crow? The Crow shows love and respect to all who believe and wants everyone to be free. He desires that we give to the land and that we do what we can to heal the land of an corruption. He demands strong family bonds and trust amongst brothers. And at times he wants his people to be the most fierce warriors. This is what it means to follow the Crow. *he looks at his necklace, then at the wall* I just wish I could show everyone the crows teachings.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 06:25 PM
Brelsan

Brelsan looks with fascination as Huron talks. Sylvan: Sadly few "civilized" people will follow the Crow. They have their own gods such as Pelor. But I'm quite interested. Maybe we can return to my home and see if any of the druids there are as curious as I am. Some of the other elves might also like to join. It's a dream we should try to fulfill some day. In the meantime I'll try to live by the way of the Crow. He sounds like a good god.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 06:48 PM
Huron

Huron smiles and bows to Brelsan. Sylvan: Now you are truely my brother. And id very much enjoy meeting the other great druids and meeting some elves. Tonight I will pray with you Ok? The Crow welcomes you to his flock. With his spiritual help we will be able to learn and see things past this life and into the spirit realms. Together me and you will bring the Crow tribe back and it will once again bring the Crows teachings to the land. I must do something though before I revive our fallen tribe. *he grips his weapons*

Daracaex
2007-04-28, 08:01 PM

Nuada watches the exchange between Huron and Brelsan with a confused look on his face. "Hey, guys? As interesting as your conversation is, I don't understand a word of Sylvan or Elven or whatever it is you're speaking in. Would you guys mind speaking our common tongue?" He thinks to himself, I really need to get Huron to teach me Sylvan someday.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 08:51 PM
Brelsan

Brelsan laughs when Nuada asks that they speak in the common tongue. "Don't worry, we're not plotting. Or at least plotting to do anything evil. We can switch to common once the judge comes. By the way, can you tell me anything about him?"

Visturon
2007-04-28, 10:15 PM
At about that moment a door slams somewhere up the stairs and exaggerated, fast footsteps come banging down the steps. The angry looking old man who stands abnormally straight enters the room and you all recognize the local Justice from earlier. He glares around the room and then at Brelsan in the cell, "So you think you can start a fight and just leave town without any penalty from THE LAW!?" He slowly grew louder as he spoke until those last words were a scream, he then starts again in a normal volume but an angry spiteful voice, "All you sinners are the same thinking you can do what you want and hurt whoever you want without any punishment, NOT IN MY TOWN!" He turns to Nuada still angry, "You asked the sheriff to come get me, knowing i would be in bed, so that I could allow some scumbag assailant to roam my city free in the night? Where has your sense gone, boy? Have you lost you mind? Do you need to join all those mindless imbeciles felling trees because they're only smart enough to swing an ax?"

"Don't be insulting axes now, Justice." The sheriff comes down the stairs and hoisting the large double bladed ax he always carried onto his shoulder leaned against the wall to watch the following discussion.

The justice pretends the sheriff hasn't entered the room and their mutual dislike is apparent.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 10:24 PM
Brelsan

Great, he's pissed. I don't have a chance. "In my defense sir the gnome began the whole thing. You can ask Huron over here. He can tell you."

Visturon
2007-04-28, 10:33 PM
"So I should take the word of some savage child who thinks he blesses people? Nuada, who started the fight? And where they both promoters of it?" The justice practically spat the first sentence and seems really to just not care about the answer to the second like he is just asking it out of protocol.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 10:36 PM
Brelsan

"A savage child he may be, but he has proven to believe in honor and justice. I attacked first but the gnome was the one who started the argument."

Visturon
2007-04-28, 10:43 PM
"ohh.. So we have an honest criminal here tonight do we? You actually are going to tell the truth and fess up to your wrongdoings? Well then this might be worth my getting out of bed but i doubt it." The justice looks up at the gnome. "So the little one prompted you to attack him did he? And how did you assault him are you going to say that Thram over-reacted and shouldn't have bothered to step in and keep the peace?"

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 10:48 PM
Huron

Hurons hands tighten. Great Justice this man speaks the truth. The little man of the name of Azrael started the fight not with physical threat but with a few ill spoken words in the form of a threat upon *his open hand points at Nuada* Nuada. I might be "savage" but I at least know how to be pleasent and not rude. But Brelsan did attack first. And did it unprovoked physically unless Azrael did something to him that I did not see.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 10:53 PM
Brelsan

Thram was not wrong to step in. If he hadn't the fight might have destroyed the place. As to how I assaulted him, I cast a spell at him. I sent a ball of fire at him. I can demonstrate if you need me to.

Visturon
2007-04-28, 10:59 PM
The justice looks particularly angry for a moment and sputters for a second before his reply come out "Was an important town official just insulted by a child obsessed a non-existent people?" He turns suddenly on the sheriff, "That is treason is it not? Lock the little bastard in a cell and hold him till JUDGMENT DAY!" He shakes as he screams the last words.

"Whoa now Justice, that is my domain and you have no authority to either enter it or to order me around. The boy may be a bastard but only because people whose hearts looked like yours ripped his tribe apart. And anyway unless you are now the king and him your subject insulting you is in no way treason, you 'honorable' pain in the ass." The sheriff says this to the justice as he just shakes with rage.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-28, 11:07 PM
Huron

Huron starts moving forward towards the justice but restrains himself and starts swearing in sylvan.

Daracaex
2007-04-28, 11:08 PM

"There's no need for that Brelsan. It doesn't exactly help your case." Nuada looks at the justice with a serious look on his face before stating, "It was my fault sir. I saw the signs of a fight coming and instead of taking care of it before it happened, I simply tried to ask Brelsan and Azrael to calm down. But the things Azrael said and did were unforgivable and forced Brelsan to attack. It was a good thing that Thram was there to interfere. I should have done something. Brelsan is only guilty of defending his own honor, sir."

When the justice starts insulting Huron, Nuada steps in saying, "You're being hot-headed Justice. Huron has done nothing wrong and you have no place to insult him. Just because he lives in the wild does not mean he's a savage." Looking him coldly in the eye, Nuada continues, "In fact sir, it seems like you're the one acting like a savage right now, not him."

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 11:14 PM
Brelsan

Brelsan watches the conflict between the sheriff and the judge and has a hard time keeping himself from laughing. He stays silent awaiting judgment.

Visturon
2007-04-28, 11:39 PM
Justice Cordeck looks indignantly from the Sheriff to Nuada, "So you think that the two of you are better judges than me? Fine then! I'll let the two of you decide his fate in this town but should he go free by your choices and then cause more trouble YOU WILL STAND BY HIM ON THE GALLOWS!!!" The Judge finishes in such a voice that the echo rings around the room as he storms up the stairs.

After the slamming of the front door is heard a laugh blurts forth from the stocky sheriff and he breaks into a big grin, "The gods may damn me for it but that is fun. So Nuada, you heard the man, even the deaf heard him, the choice is yours. Do you wish to vouch for his freedom, or let him rot; after that bout the Justice wont let him go for at least a week, brawling usually would just be a night in here and a fine or a penance but now it'll be a week and both most likely." He continues chuckling as he swings his ax to the ground and leans on its overlong haft.

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 11:44 PM
Brelsan

"I almost feel sad for the gnome when he wakes up. He's going to have to deal with that judge. So Nuada, do I prance out free?"

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 11:45 PM
Brelsan

So Nuada, do I prance out free, or do I have to be stuck with the gnome for a couple days?

DraPrime
2007-04-28, 11:46 PM
Crap! Accidental Double Post Due To My Messed Up Computer!

edit: wow I'm a moron. I just created a triple post

Daracaex
2007-04-28, 11:53 PM

"I trust you Brelsan. I know you wont do anything tonight, so there's no sense making you sleep in that cold cell." Nuada unlocks the cell door. As he's opening the door, he says, "You asked before if I could tell you anything about the justice. Did you need me to tell you more?" Nuada laughs, "Still, it might be a good idea to go over to the Burly Beaver right away and retire early. He's not going to want to see you face again. Ever."

Visturon
2007-04-29, 12:11 AM
The sheriff laughs, "You have that one right, boy." He smiles a fatherly smile and Goes on "Its about time to go to your post, I'll be out in the woods for a while tonight so don't be alarmed when I come back." He nods to Brelsan and as he leaves he ruffles Huron's hair and says "You'll do your tribe proud one day, if you can keep your head and learn that people react most favorably if you play their games their way." He laughs again and walks up the stairs, vanishing into the night outside.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-29, 12:43 AM
Huron

Huron bows to the sheriff when he says the thing about his tribe. Nuada I shall accompany Brelsan for tonight.
Sylvan: If thats fine Brelsan? Id like to teach you more if you want to learn? And be one with the crow.

DraPrime
2007-04-29, 12:51 AM
Brelsan

Brelsan thanks the sheriff and Nuada and then turns to talk with Huron. Sylvan: Very well. We can do that at the Burly Beaver. Just let me do one thing.

Brelsan reaches through the bars of Azrael's cell and casts Cure Light Wounds on him and heals 23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1008609) subdual damage. If Azrael wakes up Brelsan says "I'm leaving while you stay to rot. Sucker." With that said Brelsan heads to the Burly Beaver no matter what Azrael may do/yell/throw. If Azrael doesn't wake up Brelsan sighs and says "It was worth a try." and then goes to the Burly Beaver. When he gets there he'll look around and try to spot Rodrick and Aurelia to see how their dinner is going. Then he sits down at an empty table to talk with Huron. Sylvan: So what else can you tell me about the Crow?

Visturon
2007-04-29, 12:55 AM
Azrael wakes up and though still groggy he begins yelling profanities and other various insults until you're out of earshot.

Daracaex
2007-04-29, 12:57 AM

"Yes sir," Nuada replies. He bids Huron and Brelsan goodnight, then dawns his cloak and goes out into the rain to his post.

DraPrime
2007-04-29, 01:02 AM
Brelsan

"Huron, I believe that may have been one of the most enjoyable uses of healing magic in my entire long life."

Visturon
2007-04-29, 01:52 AM
the Third of Lynoc, 8569

Dawn arrives at its usual time and the town begins coming to life slowly; the rain is no longer falling and the clouds that fill the sky are white and whisking quickly across the sky from the wind that blows north across the town.

The green in the middle of town and in front of the Tavern and the other main shops in town is occupied by two huge wagons built to hall logs that are currently filled with general supplies for a lumber camp and about 20 men, who look fairly rugged and pretty hung-over from the drinking the day before (many were in the group in the Tavern the previous morning).

Overseeing the harnessing of the two teams of a dozen oxen who pull these wagons is Thom O'Connor the owner of the Big Oak Lumber Camp who asked for the escort for the returning load of lumber.

Daracaex
2007-04-29, 02:06 AM

Waking up in the morning, Nuada dons his day clothes, armor, and a cloak and packs his bag, shouldering it when he leaves. He walks down the street towards the Burly Beaver to gather the people who would journey with him. Seeing O'Connor on the way, he greets him and says, "Good morning Mister O'Connor. It looks like we'll be ready to go soon then? I'm going down to the Burly Beaver to gather the rest of the escort. I'll tell them to meet you here. I do want to stop by the Sheriffs office before we go, but otherwise we should be ready to go within the hour, maybe a bit longer."

Nuada continues to the tavern and walks into the common room, greeting and gathering everybody who was going to assist him on the journey. When Nuada sees Shale, he also asks him his name.

Vazzaroth
2007-04-29, 02:15 AM
Shale

After buying the room the night before, Shale hung around in the tavern area for a bit longer, waiting to see if the others would return. He found himself growing tired, however, and retired. Just before meditating, he set Jada on the table next to him, and focused for a moment, staving off the distant hunger pings he was feeling.
((Repletion before sleep, 24 hour duration))

That morning he woke fairly early, with the help of Jada invading his head.
Don't be lazy. You...meaty ones never cease to amaze me. How can you lie dormant for so many hours?
Shale speaks aloud, after a yawn. "I've told you before, you should be glad that I don't have to spend as much time doing that as the humans do." His eyes open a bit in alarm.
Hm, shouldn't speak like that.
You and your secrets.
Yea, yea.

He readys his few supplies, and will wait in his room until a reasonable time, when the other would be waking, then heads downstairs to wait in the tavern, sitting and reading a small book he had brought with him.

Fenria
2007-04-29, 02:22 AM
Rodrick

Rodrick woke early that morning, and had already finished praying and getting dressed, before heading down to the common room of the Burly Beaver. "Good Morning, Nuada! How are you on this fine day? Will we be heading out soon?"

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-29, 02:34 AM
Naris

Naris awakes, yawning loudly. He sits in bed for a moment, concentrating, then raises his hands and chants softly, and a faint glow surrounds him, then vanishes. After dressing and such, he pulls his leather armor out of his backpack and puts it on. He belts on his rapier, hefts his backpack, and grabs his lute, then heads downstairs.

When everyone is awake, he confronts them again, "Hello again. Yesterday I believe I asked your group if I could come along, but it was overshadowed by... more important events. Either way though, I wish to join you, however," he shakes his head, causing his hair to go out of his eyes, revealing their dark-red color, "if you would rather I didn't, I would understand."

[Cast Undetectable Alignment]

Kirstin
2007-04-29, 02:34 AM

Soon after Nuada begins gathering the escort Aurelia comes down stairs followed by the barmaid Estelle, the girl hurries through and out of the tavern heading toward the residential part of town. Aurelia however walks in greeting everyone warmly, hugging and smiling and even setting in Rodricks lap to give him a hug before going into the kitchen of the tavern.

When you all go outside you see that there is a handsom white and gold carriage with two healthy looking bay horses drawing it that has joined the gathering out front. Setting on the raised drivers seat on the outside of the carriage is Aurelia, with her wings spread back and over the carriage slowly working in the wind. She seems intent upon something to do with the reins in her hand.

Daracaex
2007-04-29, 02:43 AM

"Good morning Rodrick! I'm doing much better considering that was my first sleep in two days. We'll hopefully be heading out within the hour, as long as everybody comes down by then. Actually, maybe I should ask Druth to arrange for a wake-up call for them." Nuada walks over to Druth, giving his good morning and asking if he can arrange the wake-up call for the rest of the party that isn't awake yet (that should be everyone except Naris, who still hasn't approached anyone about the journey).

Finishing his business with Druth, Nuada walks back over to Roderick. "Actually, would you mind doing me a favor Roderick? I wanted to speak with the sheriff before we left, so could you gather everyone and try to get them to the wagons outside in an hour? You know everybody that is coming, right? There should be seven right now." As long as Roderick agrees, Nuada will thank Roderick, then head over to the Sheriff's quarters or his office (whichever I know he's in at this time of day) and knocks on the door.

Vazzaroth
2007-04-29, 02:52 AM
Shale will quickly sidestep any of Aurilia's hugs, quickly trying to divert attention to something else.

((:smallsmile:))

anarch_nomad
2007-04-29, 04:31 AM
Huron

When Aurelia trys to hug Huron if she does.. he backs up out of her reach and then says Sylvan: Dont touch me you arragant "uncivilized" women. You have still have not recieved my respect back. *He then turns and walks away, going towards Brelsan* Sylvan: Hello my brother. How was your sleep did the Great crow come to you in your sleep?

Fenria
2007-04-29, 09:27 AM
Rodrick

As people slowly came into the common room, he saw Nuada greet each one. Rodrick got a surprise a few minutes later when Aurelia not only gave him a hug, but sat on his lap too. He was unsure on how to react so he haphazardly placed his arms around here. He blushed when he realized his hand had landed on one of her wings.

After she left, Nuada approached him. "Yes, Nuada. I can do that..." Rodrick looks around the room, counting heads as he scanned. "Including me, there are six down here. We're still missing Brelsan, and....Karak, I think his name was. Do you want me to go wake them, Nuada?"

(If Nuada says yes, Rodrick goes to wake them up. If he says no, rodrick stays and watched everyone else.)

DraPrime
2007-04-29, 09:35 AM
Brelsan

Brelsan immediately starts meditating when he wakes up. He prepares his spells for the day before even eating. Once he is done he goes downstairs, eats breakfast, and follows Rodrick outside. He avoids a hug from Aurelia and replies to Huron. "No not yet."

Daracaex
2007-04-29, 02:16 PM
((Nuada already asked Druth to take care of getting everyone awake, Rodrick.))

Weezer
2007-04-29, 02:45 PM
Karak
Rising from bed, and realizing he's over slept, Karak jumps up, dons his armor and grabs his equipment. He rushes downstairs and says
"I hope I didn't delay any of you, I appear to have overslept."

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-29, 04:24 PM
((Seeing as everyone's awake and together now, I'll repost this.))

Naris

Naris awakes, yawning loudly. He sits in bed for a moment, concentrating, then raises his hands and chants softly, and a faint glow surrounds him, then vanishes. After dressing and such, he pulls his leather armor out of his backpack and puts it on. He belts on his rapier, hefts his backpack, and grabs his lute, then heads downstairs.

When everyone is awake, he confronts them again, "Hello again. Yesterday I believe I asked your group if I could come along, but it was overshadowed by... more important events. Either way though, I wish to join you, however," he shakes his head, causing his hair to go out of his eyes, revealing their dark-red color, "if you would rather I didn't, I would understand."

[Cast Undetectable Alignment]

DraPrime
2007-04-29, 08:04 PM
Brelsan

Brelsan walks up to Nuada to talk with him. "Is there anything I can do to help us leave faster? The sooner I leave this place the better. I have a dream to fulfill."

Visturon
2007-04-29, 08:54 PM
[Nuada is not in the presence of the party; people can stop asking him things.]

The wagons for the lumber camp seem prepared to go and Thom begins walking around them to inspect them a final time.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-29, 11:00 PM
Huron

Huron nods and smiles when Brelsan talks about fulfilling dreams. He then nudges Brelsan and nods towards the door. Huron then walks outside.

Fenria
2007-04-29, 11:10 PM
Rodrick

"All right! Everyone who is helping with the logging escort who is not already outside, please go outside and wait by the wagons. Nuada will be back shortly and then we will be on our way." Upon finishing addressing the common room, Rodrick turns and walks out the door.

Vazzaroth
2007-04-29, 11:19 PM
Shale

"All right then."
Shale walkes outside and will hang around by the wagons mentioned by Rodrick.
"Oh joy, perhaps we'll learn about how trees are cut down!"
Shale sighs for seemingly no reason.

DraPrime
2007-04-30, 01:12 AM
Brelsan

Brelsan walks outside waits by the wagons.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-30, 01:15 AM
Huron

Sylvan: Can you believe we are doing this? That we are going to help people who destroy our forest? The crow did not come to me last night and tell me not to venture on so it must be fine with him. Did the crow come to you my brother?

Kirstin
2007-04-30, 01:31 AM

As the party gathers around the wagons Aurelia calls out to Huron, "Would you like to ride with me?" She gestures to the seat next to her on the front of the carriage. "I have never before met a human quite like you and I would like to learn of the people you come from." She looks to the rest of the party and extends her invitation "Any of you are free to ride in the carriage if you would like [elven]: or just don't want to ride with the loggers."

anarch_nomad
2007-04-30, 01:41 AM
Huron

Huron looks suprised and cautious of Aurelias invitation. He nudges Brelsan. Sylvan: Hmm the winged one is trying to be invite me to ride with her. This might be a trick. My father spoke at time of the Fox tribe and how they would greet their enemys and befriend them then when they dont expect it. *Huron [Quick Draws] his dagger and puts it to Brelsans throat* They are not to be trusted. *he puts his weapon back* I shall show this women the "uncivilized" or "savage" ways of my people and maybe she will learn to honor and respect me and my ancestors. Huron walks over to Aurelia and gives a slight bow. Elven: I shall ride with you. *he stands next to her* What is it that you want to know about my people?

Kirstin
2007-04-30, 02:04 AM

"Your clothes and way of speaking seem to indicate that you are a man of nature and with how much you speak of this Crow Clan I must assume they as well are a people of the wild." Aurelia looks upon herself and the carriage, "I am from cities an as such never have I truly seen the wild, only roads between towns, so a people who live entirely in nature and with it is strange to me. I hear of elven cities where you cannot see when city and forest begin or end, but for some reason I cannot see you or your people coming from such a place that is so permanent and structured. However we may discuss while on the move." She looks to the wagons to see if they are ready to go yet and, after handing the reins to Huron, flies over to Thom landing next to him and adressing him "How much time do you think it will be before we get underway and how long does it take to get to the camp?"

Fenria
2007-04-30, 10:00 AM
Rodrick

Rodrick couldn't help but feel a slight sense of jealousy when he saw that Huron would be riding with Aurelia. Oh well, he thought. I'll just try to do that later...

He then walks over to Brelsan and talks with him till the wagons are ready.

DraPrime
2007-04-30, 03:00 PM
Brelsan

"Don't get jealous because Huron is riding with Aurelia. He doesn't like her at all so you have nothing to worry about. Just don't tell him that I said that."

Daracaex
2007-04-30, 05:16 PM

Nuada approaches the wagons with his brow furrowed in thought. He looks up as he nears to see if everyone was outside yet. "Ok, are we ready to go yet? who do we still need?"

Weezer
2007-04-30, 07:00 PM
Karak
Karak stands near the wagons with all of his equipment on his back, ready to move out ASAP.

Fenria
2007-04-30, 09:24 PM
Rodrick

"I think we're all here sir. I'm ready to go when ever you are."

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-30, 09:37 PM
Naris

Naris nods, "Ready."

Daracaex
2007-04-30, 09:50 PM

"Don't call me 'sir' Roderick. I'm not your superior," Nuada says kindly. Then, turning to the man who had just stated his readiness, Nuada looks at the man asking, "Who are you, friend? I don't remem- Wait, weren't you the bard singing at the tavern yesterday? Did you wish to assist us as well?" Upon seeing Naris's red eyes, Nuada is startled for a moment, but doesn't think much of it based on what he has seen the past couple of days. Compared to a winged woman and disappearing gnome, red eyes did not exactly shock him.

Visturon
2007-04-30, 09:57 PM
The leader of this entourage of lumberjacks turns to Aurelia, clearly not looking at her wings on purpose "I'll be underway as soon as you all mount a wagon or get into your carriage, as for the time it'll take to get there..." He looks to the sky and up into the wind, "If this weather holds we should be there in about 3 days, the trails are bound to still be a little muddy."

The rest of the timbermen are staring in awe at Aurelia and her angelic appearance. Many muttering about good luck coming to the camp and fair weather ahead.

Thom turns to his men, "LOAD UP! We're moving out so get your lazy drunken asses into those wagons on the double." Many of the town children have gathered to watch the men leave, some hugging dads goodbye, most just interested in the out-of-towners and the strangely dressed crew leaving with the Big Oak Lumber Crew. The kids scatter to get out of the way of the wagons and the 12 ox teams that pull them.

[as soon as everyone is loaded into some sort of vehicle (the two wagons or Aurelia's carriage or your own mount) then the little caravan gets underway heading out of town at a whopping 40 feet a round; I want to know where your all riding so the first four to get into the carriage have it filled; and anyone else rides in the wagons (I will assume that Huron and Aurelia occupy the drivers seat of the carriage)]

Crystall_Myr
2007-04-30, 11:26 PM
Naris

Naris nods, "I do indeed."

When the wagon leaves, he rides his own light horse, following from the rear.

anarch_nomad
2007-04-30, 11:36 PM

[(Yes Hurons in the drivers seat with Aurelia)]

Huron looks over to Aurelia while she drives. Elven: Would you rather speak in elven or common and what is the real reason you desired me to come with you on your carriage? It cant just be because your curious about me and my people. He leans back and looks up into the clouds and the blue sky. Elven: When you said people of the wild did you mean savages or people who live as one amongst nature?

Daracaex
2007-04-30, 11:56 PM

"Welcome to the group then," Nuada replies before grabbing his bag and hopping up onto one of the wagons.

Kirstin
2007-05-01, 12:00 AM

Aurelia returns to her carriage, and settles into the seat crosslegged with her wings spread over the top of the carriage. She then calls to anyone not getting onto or into a vehicle or animal, "Hurry up, please, it would be best to not delay this journey more; it is already going to take three days." She then turns to the young human seated next to her, "I have never called you a savage and would sooner call Rodrick one; he stares at me blatantly, not that its really a trouble," she giggles and goes on, "and shows little regard to others opinions of himself when around me, while you always seem curteus and friendly." She looks to the reins in his hands, "Would you mind driving for a while? I have gotten really bored of it in all the distance I have traveled." She sighs, clearly remembering something in her past. "Anyway." She brings herself back to the present and her eyes are alight and lively once again, "I was curious as to this... Crow?.. that you speak of. I have never heard of it before but you speak as if it were well known and very important." She flutters her wings gently in the wind and gives her favorite cute little smile that makes her big green eyes glitter.

anarch_nomad
2007-05-01, 12:13 AM

Hurons seems uncaring of her attempts at seduction but rather a hint of annoyance. Why do you use your body as a tool to attract men and have them follow and be enthralled to you? You do not look much older then 20 and more beautiful then some flowers that bloom in spring, but if you were to see the women of my tribe and see how beautiful they were you would be amazed. Do you not like Rodrick? He very much likes you. He thinks your a celustal or something like that. He only adores you and wishes that he could make you happy. *he takes the reins and looks at them as if he looks like he feels uncomfortable holding them* The Great Crow is our Spiritual guide he shows us..well me and my people how to live. He connects us with our forgotten ancestors and our fallen brothern *he puts his hand over his mouth for a second* He watches over us and protects us from corruption and evil. Many outsiders say our guide is a false god and that we are "Heretics" and as I said before "Savages" . The crow teaches us to love our brothers, to care for nature and be intune with our inner selves and the spirits.

Vazzaroth
2007-05-01, 12:29 AM
Shale climbs into to carriage.
"I'll be fine here."
Less crowded anyway...

Kirstin
2007-05-01, 12:30 AM

"The Crow sounds wiser than most of the 'civilized' gods that people follow in the cities I have always inhabited. They seem to promote war, intolerance, and ignorance." She then laughs and lghtens the mood of the conversation, "I don't have anything against Rodrick," She suddenly leans in a little and speaks in a whisper loud enough to be heard over the wind and other noises, "Actually I think he's really handsome, but it's fun to tease him because he gets so nervous and squeamish." She leans back giggling and bringing her wings in around herself like a wall but not actually hidding herself from Huron as she blushes a little. "You seem not to notice me like most other men do. Is there reason for that? Have I insulted you or pushed you away? Or am I just not the type of woman you find pretty?" Suddenly she realizes something that seems to hurt her deepdown and insight painfull memories, Aurelia speaks quietly and with her eyes down and her wings slumped "...or is it... is it my... wings?.." She tilts her head just enough to see him and there are tears in the corners of her eyes.

anarch_nomad
2007-05-01, 12:40 AM

Huron moves her wings out of the way so that there is no obstacles between him and Aurelia and he kisses her on the forhead. Your are beautiful and the wings show that the Crow loves you and wants you to have this gift, granting such a blessing is unheard of to my people. *he smiles, his body still up next to hers* Again your beautiful like the springs most wonderous flowers blooming. *he places one of his hands on hers*Its the way you acted in town. You had no reaction to my blessings not even a thanks of gratitude and when I asked you questions they went unanswered. Which led me to believe originally that you were arragant and the Crow does not allow arragance among his children because none of his children are better then the other. But ive seen now you just didnt realize what I was doing.

Visturon
2007-05-01, 12:44 AM
Once Rodrick and Brelsan have climbed into the carriage and Karak has gotten into a wagon the procession gets underway.

Two huge wagons rumble out of the town gates up toward the north, up one of the trails mostly used by these lumber wagons. Those aboard the wagon realize that they don't actually set on a cushion but that the padding under them is that of the canvas cover, that could provide protection should rain start, rolled up and curled around the edge so that the lumberjacks and passengers wouldn't be so bruised after the three days.

The inside of Aurelia's carriage is furnished plainly but nicely though the cushions on the comfortably shaped seats are somewhat thin. The doors can be strapped open to allow air flow and a better view of the surrounding landscape.

A few minutes out of sight of the cities wooden walls, and the timbermen all begin singing a number of songs and trying to get their new friends to sing along with lots of back slapping and encouragement. The men are very physical and regularly slap or punch one another or wrestle for a minute with the loser often going over the edge so that once he gets up he has to run to catch up and gets into the back of the wagon causing everyone to scoot toward the front to make room. Thus it seems that the competition between the men is to be at the front of the wagon longest and in a few hours everyone in the escort who sits on a wagon is residing near the front...

Kirstin
2007-05-01, 01:05 AM

"Thank you for your kind words but my wings are not a blessing from the crow." Aurelia doesn't pull away from him but she tries to stop anymore tears, "These wings are the most odvious signs of my fathers curse upon me, his blood flowing through my veigns makes me unable to be blessed, that is why I did not respond to your blessings. My father was a master of dark magics and he used them to destructive effects all over the world, the black magics flowed so strongly through his veins that they were passed on to me..." She raises her hand and the green fire she demonstrated in the Tavern once again engulfs her hand, suddenly the purple flecks running through the flame surge in number and size and she points at a boulder letting the blast burst forth from her being and it leaves a blackened dent in the boulder where it strikes. "These wings may appear angelic but the magic that flows in my veins has only ever been used for destruction." She hugs Huron and her wings wrap around them for a moment, truly engulfing Huron in the hug and hiding them from veiw for a few seconds.

anarch_nomad
2007-05-01, 01:14 AM

Huron rests his forhead on hers and looks into her eyes. The Crow works in mysterious ways. The wings might come from your fathers dispicable dark magic. But the crow is the one who made them look beautiful and you along with them. The amazing energy you can create can defend your friends and your...loved ones. The Crow shows me many a things. He does not tell me your purpose is for destruction but to help,protect and to care for your friends. Huron kisses her again,then gives her a long hug.* The crow will gladly take you as one of his children if you desire it? Brelsan has joined and has asked if he could help bring back my tribe. I would like you to come with us and help, I know this is quite odd seeing how we just met but there is no question that the Crow wants me to meet you,Brelsan, and the others. You...you remind me somewhat of my mother. *he retraks back slightly and wipes her tears off with his right hand, then smiles while looking into her green eyes* She was beautiful and lovely just like you are.

Fenria
2007-05-01, 07:14 PM
Rodrick

He did not mean to eavesdrop, but Rodrick had really nothing better to do while sitting in Aurelia's carriage, polishing his armor. At first, he did not believe what Aurelia was saying. Then, as he thought of his actions the day before, he realized how badly he had acted, as far as manners are concerned. He set his armor aside and thought on the way he should have acted. Then he prayed to Pelor, asking for the will power to act as he should around his companions, and not as his body wanted him to.

Finished with that, he began again on his armor. While he did this, he idly thought of what he would do to make it up to Aurelia. He also thought of how he'd ask Huron about his tribe. He realized, suddenly, that he wanted to help Huron. And not just because Aurelia was doing it, but because he thought that a tribe so noble should not deserve to be wiped out. He sighed, and continued his work.

Visturon
2007-05-01, 07:56 PM
Suddenly a lumber jack slaps Karak on the back hard enough to knock him onto the stuff in the middle of the wagon "Come on man, sing with us." Then another slaps the first across the face and they proceed to grapple resulting in the second falling off the wagon.

After falling the seven feet to the ground from the deck of the over sized lumber wagon, the man jumps to his feet and sprints back, leaping onto the back of the wagon as if it were nothing and claiming himself a new seat, causing the others to scoot around toward the front.

As you travel the only real thing to notice about the landscape is that it is an ancient oak forest, the trees are mostly five feet or more in diameter and due to the size of their canopies they all stand twenty to thirty feet apart, leaving open ground with only sparse covering below. Most of the ground is covered by a natural layer of dead leaves and fallen branches that hides most lesser obstacles and stops most plant life from taking root and growing in the shaded woods.

DraPrime
2007-05-02, 02:54 PM
Brelsan

*falls asleep for the journey*

Visturon
2007-05-02, 10:00 PM
After a long day of loud singing and rambunctious play the caravan comes to a stop and the lumberjacks unload to set up camp; the wagons and carriage are set in a circle and a fire is started in the middle, one of the men makes four batches of some sort of bland tasting thick soup and distributes it to everyone. After dinner the men find places to sleep; the majority just find a spot on the ground and lying down.

The next day starts at dawn with a meal of eggs and bacon, before everyone loads up to start the journey anew.

This day is much like the last with nothing of importance happening.

At about noon the third day you come to an area where the trees are only half grown and in thicker quantity than in the rest of the woods, within minutes of the dramatic scenery change you roll into an encampment with a few hundred longterm tents set up in a large circle and a good sized wooden hall in the middle. The wagons come to a halt and the men begin unloading all the goods immediately.

Thom approaches you all and says to meet him in the hall in a half hour, he then walks off to see about his animals getting taken care of.

Upon looking around you notice there is a big field on the edge of the camp with a lot of oxen grazing in it.