PDA

View Full Version : Bhaalspawn Saga

Philemonite
2015-05-22, 07:04 AM
Introduction (https://youtu.be/Mq9N9ddsKg8?t=1m56s)

Opening (https://youtu.be/Qp5nN8yzRjE?t=2m20s)

cigaw
2015-05-22, 07:30 AM
Noruinir Noldosime, Half-Elf Paladin - 28/28HP | 11AC (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=200838)

Dark images dancing through his mind, Noruinir slowly forces himself to stand. He falls, but catches himself on one of the bars of his cell. Bars... Am I in a prison somewhere? Dull throbbing pain behind his eyes, deep within his head.

He looks with suspicion at the young human girl staring down at him and forces himself to focus on her words. "Who... who are you?", he asks. Then, finding some of his old steel, adds "Are you in league with my captor? What in Rillifane's name is going on here?" The bravado quickly dissipates as he comes close to collapsing once again.

Noruinir then looks around, trying to get his bearings. If he is to survive whatever this is, he'll need everything he can get. His hand instinctively goes to his Holy Symbol, but there's nothing on his chest but dried blood. May the Leaflord bless and aid me.

SO FREAKING EXCITED TO START THIS! :smallbiggrin:

So, what do I see? Am I alone in the cell?

Wartex1
2015-05-22, 08:56 AM
"Is someone there?" Midartes spoke groggily as he was still recovering and looking around. "I can't feel my legs, or anything else really."

Arcana: [roll0]
Investigation: [roll1]

Mechanix
2015-05-22, 09:04 AM
Zoraya blinked a few times, the world around her coming into blurry vision. She winced, a splitting headache spreading from atop her head to... pretty much her entire body; she seemed to have cramps and bruises all over. She shook her head, trying to shake off some of the pain and numbness, and stood up on shaky legs, reaching around for support and finding it in the form of... metal bars?

That's when it all came back, and she remembered where she was and what had been done to her. She closed her eyes, trying to elude the flood of painful memories.

"What's... Whatss goin on? Is there anyone here? Who are you people?"

Elbeyon
2015-05-22, 09:15 AM
Liolya

Her head a pounding mess she finds the bars behind her more comfortable then a cage's floor. The effort to get up enough to lean was a struggle onto itself. Giving herself a second to breath she starts to listen in on the conversation starting around here without adding worlds to the muddled mess. As she becomes more aware of the situation her eyes start to dart around in panic.

Arcana [roll0]
Investigation [roll1]

Edit: It looks like I'll be using my passive scores.

Xhosant
2015-05-22, 09:24 AM
"Ugh...", groaned Fandus as he came to. He didn't recall much, but he remembered suffering torture here, questioned about Bhaal's blood or something. He recalled Bhaal, the dead God of Murder. Is this about my heritage, again? Do the fools think tieflings carry actual demonic blood in them, and Bhaal's no less?

Trying to get of the tiny cage's floor, Fandus looks around, noticing a figure. She didn't seem familiar. "What's going on here? Are you... gonna let us out?"

jaydubs
2015-05-22, 10:24 AM
Chenly Winzo

Chenly perks up off the floor when he hears the new and unfamiliar voice. Did she say we have to get out of here...? he thinks to himself. The realization knocks him up onto his feet, and he starts speaking excitedly. "Young lady! Unexpected savior! Yes, please. Get us out of here and we will be in your debt."

He looks down at his ragged, once-fine clothes. "I may not look like much at the moment, but I can help."

HerbertWest
2015-05-22, 10:55 AM
Alvis Stoneheart, Dwarven Cleric - 27/27 HP, 10 AC

Alvis stirs from his troubled sleep, standing to find himself in a cage. The dwarf grumbles and curses, a mix of grogginess and anger at being locked behind the bars that find them all captive. He hears Imoen speaking, offering them help, and asks the prudent question while inspecting the craftsman ship of the metal, looking for any weak points in the cage that he may be able to exploit and focus a strong kick or shoulder ram to.

"How do we know we can trust you, lass? That this isn't some sort of sick game. Let us out, then wrangle us back up and throw us back in the cage?"

Perception [roll0]
Insight [roll1]

Cognomeng
2015-05-22, 11:30 AM
Khazima snaps to awakeness and springs to her feet upon hearing the cries for help, seeing her predicament, she attempts to find a weak point in the cages design.

[roll0]

Without stopping her inspection of the cage she addresses the young girl. "Release me."

Gnomes2169
2015-05-22, 01:21 PM
Pain. Agony. A white hot blade searing flesh and scarring bone. A voice screaming in ragged torment as another, full of authority and desperate need, demanded, "Better! You have to be better!" The next blade slid under the skin, parting muscle as easily as sand, "Let the pain seep in, feel it in your core, let it tug at your potential and unleash what you can become. Scream!" The ragged, bloody cry answered the command almost immediately, cut off in a ragged gurgle as the blade twisted again. "Become what you were born to be." Everything began to become dim, faded. The body was too broken to remain conscious, and the eyes could only behold the tormentor, that man with such black, dead eyes, and that flesh like mask... A monster, a freak. "Hmph, maybe you are just another disappointment... but there will be plenty of time to make sure of that. Let the peace of oblivion claim you for now." The face blurred, and the voice wryly added, "There is always time for more... experiments."

Pain. Overwhelming and drowning. Pain...

... And the sound of a cage opening. The man opened his eyes, a voice... not the tormentor's voice, someone else. A young woman. Yes, someone new... a different voice he had heard, screaming from farther within this compound. Had she been able to...? No. No, this voice was afraid, little more than a hoarse whisper. Beaten down, but not broken, and not what he was looking for. There was not enough hate. The mind began to work, trying to force the man's eyes open, small cracks of light that stared up blankly at the stone room of this prison. How long had he... No. Don't think of that now. Look around. Think. Remember... there was a name. There was... He looked about, a hand rising to grip one of the bars of his cage, magically healed scars criss-crossing the skin, a painful reminder of what would happen if he stayed. "Anders... my name is Anders." turning his sapphire eyes to her, the man whispered, "Please, if you help me out, then I can help you escape."

So just to be clear, the top bit is "a few days ago." While Anders is just regaining consciousness, He's not meant to be the one being magically tortured at the start of Shadows of Amn.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-05-22, 06:32 PM
Caged again... Oh they are sooo gunna regret putting me here... And who are the rest of you cage monkies?

jaydubs
2015-05-22, 06:57 PM
He looks with suspicion at the young human girl staring down at him and forces himself to focus on her words. "Who... who are you?", he asks. Then, finding some of his old steel, adds "Are you in league with my captor? What in Rillifane's name is going on here?" [/COLOR][/I]

"How do we know we can trust you, lass? That this isn't some sort of sick game. Let us out, then wrangle us back up and throw us back in the cage?"

"What's... Whatss goin on? Is there anyone here? Who are you people?"

Caged again... Oh they are sooo gunna regret putting me here... And who are the rest of you cage monkies?

Chenly Winzo

The ragged man looks around at the now clamoring prisoners around him. "It's hard to tell how long I've been here. But presumably we're all prisoners of the same madman." He looks as if he's about to attempt a bow, but then realizes how absurd formalities would be in such a situation. "My name is Chenly. And despite the troubled situation, I suggest we take a leap of faith and trust each other for a moment. It seems we're in the same boat, as they say. And I suspect we'll sink or float together."

He looks around at the others. "What say you all? Can we trust one another until we are out of this dismal place?" He stops to eye the uncaged woman, and then nods towards her. "She releases us, and then we get out of here together. Any objections?"

Wartex1
2015-05-22, 07:03 PM
"No, not really..." Midartes groaned as he rolled in his cell to look at the others. "Even if she wasn't someone to trust, I'd like to think tha-hurk!"

The moon elf, clearly sick from whatever had happened before, hurled out of his cage and onto the dungeon floor.

Gnomes2169
2015-05-22, 07:08 PM
He looks around at the others. "What say you all? Can we trust one another until we are out of this dismal place?" He stops to eye the uncaged woman, and then nods towards her. "She releases us, and then we get out of here together. Any objections?"

Anders shifted his eyes to look at the speaking man and nodded. "Give me a blade and shield, and I'll be glad to guard your back... if you return the favor." He looked at the girl poised to free them and glared critically, frowning a bit, "There are weapons and armor nearby, yes? You aren't just letting us out to give yourself meat shields while you slink away?"

jaydubs
2015-05-22, 07:21 PM
"Give me a blade and shield, and I'll be glad to guard your back... if you return the favor."

Chenly Winzo

"Of course. You fight with me, and you are my brother at least until we are safe from this place, and may part in peace." He looks around. "That extends to any and all of you. Upon my word of honor."

HerbertWest
2015-05-22, 07:22 PM

Alvis leans against the bars of the cage, tired as he examines his other companions. The dwarf strokes his beard a few times, getting some of the tangles and caked blood out of it. Seeming to make up his mind, the dwarf responds to the girl and the other prisoners.

"Aye, I can agree to that. If only I could get my hands on a holy symbol of the Dwarf Father and a stout hammer. I'm a priest and could see to our wounds. Alvis Stoneheart. I would say it's good to meet all of ye, but these circumstances aren't something I'd repeat."

Leaning back from the door of the cage, Alvis waits to see how the rest of his fellow captives respond to Chenly.

Xhosant
2015-05-22, 08:21 PM
Listening to the others recite the list of things they need, Fandus realized he was missing...

"The tome!"

Frantically turning to the woman, despite still being stuck in his cell, he called out in a panic.

"Do you know where our things are? Please, this is crucial! I need to retrieve my tome!"

There's something ever-so-slightly imbalanced about his tone, but possibly not more than someone losing a very important personal item. Being socked by that detail, of all of the parts constituting his circumstances, now that was a bit more odd, perhaps.

Elbeyon
2015-05-22, 09:42 PM
Liolya

Having caught her breath, she tests a simple magic trick to see if there are any repercussions. When it looks clear she'll busy herself until she gets free. Shouting isn't going to fix anything and I won't be escaping by myself.

A warm, wet towel appears in her hand and is pressed on her blood caked body. As the blood wets it begins to move on her skin once again, dripping to the bottom of the cage. Cleaning herself off, she drys herself afterward. Taking a light, glowing bar of dark milk chocolate. Finishing her snacking with a cup of aromatic tea. She conjures a mirror and examines herself. "Pretty Bad," she says. Her cold feet bare, she ignores them instead choosing to cover her head with a fish-like hat. Her brow twitches as she's not free yet. Both of her hands thrust out to grab the cage and start shaking it violently. "Let me out already!"

Wartex1
2015-05-23, 11:31 AM
"I'm not sure that's helping..." Midartes let out a moan as he looked for something to wipe his mouth with.

Wherever they were, they were all locked up in cages, which, to the untrained eye, is still fairly obvious. Whoever this woman was, it was probably in everyone's best interest to go with her, since anything is better than being let to rot in a cage.

Elbeyon
2015-05-23, 12:39 PM
She stops to put her sliding hat back on proper. "I know that. That's pretty obvious." An ache bites at her side. Plopping down against the cage she takes a rest and pulls from nothing a long smoking pipe, filled with a pain relieving weed (her hat disappearing). "Name's Liolya. What brings you to my cage?" She gives a small gesture to offer her drug of choice to him.

Wartex1
2015-05-23, 01:19 PM
"Being kidnapped and tortured." Midartes didn't spare Liolya from his momentary crassness with the comment.

HerbertWest
2015-05-23, 01:49 PM

The dwarf actually manages a gruff chuckle at Midartes' comment, before he sinks back to the floor to rest. Standing was causing him some issues with how tired he was right now, and it seemed that their help had chosen to let them banter and discuss whether they can trust each other, rather than see to their cages.

"Let's get on with it, then. They'll be back for more experiments before long!"

Elbeyon
2015-05-23, 02:05 PM
She withdraws her offer. "Heavy. Their experiments do seem to cause everyone immense pain. That's why I offered a relief. I'm feeling much better." A grin appears on her face, not quite a poop eating grin though.

She makes the same offering gesture to anyone that talks now. "Have you never awoken with your mind scramble without a real clue what's going on? I once lost my memories for nearly a year before I found them under a hibernating drop bear. Chains and manacles are relevantly common. Cages. Cages are new."

Philemonite
2015-05-23, 02:31 PM
The girl is too busy messing with lock to answer any questions, but she does introduce herself as Imoen. She tells you that you should hurry and get out of here. She mentions some equipment in the next room and some dryads in the room beyond that might be able to help you.
As you enter the next room you find a shelf full of weapons and a few sets of armor. More importantly, you notice a table full of personal belongings. You quickly distribute the equipment, as you are sure you will have need for it before you see sunlight.

Club
Dagger
Handaxe
Mace
Quarterstaff
Quarterstaff
Spear
Light Crossbow
Shortbow
Sling
Battleaxe
Flail
Greatsword
Longsword
Rapier
Scimitar
Shortsword
Warhammer
Whip
Heavy Crossbow
Longbow
Thief Tools
Splint Armor
Chain Mail Armor
Chain Mail Armor
Scale Mail Armor
Chain Shirt Armor
Chain Shirt Armor
Studded Leather Armor
Leather Armor
Leather Armor
Shield
Shield
Any personal item

Gnomes2169
2015-05-23, 03:51 PM
Anders nodded to Imoen as she opened his cage, making his way wordlessly towards the weapons and armor stash, and immediately moving to the table to rummage through them. His still blood-stained body stiff and sore, but seeming to recover quickly as he looked about. Setting a book aside, he let out a mental sigh of relief and picked up a small, rather plain locket, slightly melted and without any decoration whatsoever. Putting the little bronze thing on, he then went over to the armor racks and, after getting some padding to put beneath in the form of a shirt, he grabbed the suit of scale mail, a shield and the rapier from the rack. It wasn't exactly the falchion he was used to, but it would have to do.

Anders watched the rest of the party as they began to walk in, considering each one. Could all of them...? Well, father was busy if they are. He thought to himself, tightening one of the sleeves of his armor so that it covered his form more fitly.

Elbeyon
2015-05-23, 04:37 PM
Liolya

She grabs her hat and holds it defensively like any one of the people around her is about to steal it. She opens it, checks for her stuff, and takes out a crystal while the hat goes on her head. Less focused, she turns around to spot Anders donning armor, "By the succubus' tail! I've been tortured enough already." She checks him out. "Look, I'm sure everyone is a fine specimen. Maybe later, but right now I don't need ten people getting dressed for the next ten minutes. Here." She creates a hastily made illusion of cloth dressing rooms. "Don't touch it," she staunchly says. Lazily sitting on the floor she conjures a warm bucket of water. "Everyone that's not messing with armor might want to clean up. All of you look horrible." If no one says anything immediately she zones out as she feels for her familiar. She'll refresh the cantrip as she works for no one has any fun surprises.

HerbertWest
2015-05-23, 04:44 PM

Alvis waits for his cage to be opened, and then climbs out, looking over his companions with a keen eye. Grunting to himself, he gives a small smile to Imoen of gratitude, but senses her urgency.

"Thank you. May Moradin bless you and keep you safe, child."

Alvis then moves into the armory with the others, looking over the available wares. With relief, he takes his clothing and holy symbol, as well as his small trinkets such as a thick steel ring and bracelet. The Dwarf then dips his hands in the bucket of water, splashing it onto his face to clean some of the blood out of his beard. He then takes the set of splint mail down from the armor rack, and goes through the process of putting it on in one of the illusory changing rooms. While in there, he asks Liolya a question.

"Wizard or spell-blooded, if you don't mind me asking?"

Finished with donning the armor, the Dwarf exits the changing room, and picks up the warhammer and a shield, testing their weight, and smiling with how they feel in his hands. The Dwarf appears to be left-handed.

Wartex1
2015-05-23, 04:48 PM
HOORAY FOR DEBT FREE GEAR!

Midartes tried to contain his inner squealing schoolgirl as he grabbed a longbow and a scimitar, putting on some armor to protect himself.

"Maybe I can finally use that..."

Mechanix
2015-05-23, 04:54 PM
The little gnome woman shuffles outside her cage, muttering words of gratitude to the girl who freed her; she takes a moment to compose herself, abstent-mindedly brushing her unkempt white hair, probing at the scars and marks of her body. Could she truly be free at last..? It's almost hard to believe. But seeing all the others run off to the other room, she scurries after them, hopping and bobbing to see above their shoulder or below their elbows the stack of weapons and equipment they have found. She slips between two of them, frantically searching for... and there it is: a thick tome of red-brown leather, its covered closed by a lock, the key to which she soon finds with the rest. She can't find her staff, but she can find a staff, and that will have to be enough; she comes out of the item-grabbing melee holding it, along with a dagger and a stack of her own clothing, oddly well-preserved.

"...water? You are a blessing, my lady. Thank you." She quickly takes some of it to wipe her face and arms, and disappears behind the illusory curtain. When she comes out, she looks... different. Her hair is still unkempt, but she is wearing sturdy travelling clothes and leather shoes, and in one hand she brandishes a gnome-sized staff, her spellbook hanging at her belt.

"Thank you again. This feels... So much better." She looks around her, assessing the progress of her impromptu companions in arming and dressing themselves, and decides to sit down and open her book.

"We are going to need to leave, but I need my spells prepared before I venture outside this room. Please give me a moment," she says as she pores over the pages.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-05-23, 04:55 PM
Gni-Tor nods at Imoen. Thank ye lass. Ye wont regret unleashing this bear. Then he proceeds to casually picks up a quarterstaff and a wooden shield. He subsequently starts searching for his blowgun and his poisoners kit, if those are still around.

Elbeyon
2015-05-23, 05:17 PM
Liolya

"Wizard or spell-blooded, if you don't mind me asking?"
"Both. Weak illusions come from my heritage and the rest of it comes from up above my head. If you know what I mean." Her head and hat tilt forward. Which she immediately fixes. "Former member of the Watchful Order of Magists & Protectors, Liolya at your service."

She tries keeping the water clean. Replacing the bucket each time it's used.

"...water? You are a blessing, my lady. Thank you." Lost in her own world, it's nearly a minute before she replies. "It's no hassle. Try not to make requests."

Just to be clear the dressing rooms were in no way luxurious. It was sorta like a connected raised bathroom stall with no doors. The illusions were created with no touching in mind before anything else. She didn't want anyone to disbelieve the illusion and be able to see through it.

Gnomes2169
2015-05-23, 05:44 PM
Liolya"By the succubus' tail! I've been tortured enough already." She checks him out. "Look, I'm sure everyone is a fine specimen. Maybe later, but right now I don't need ten people getting dressed for the next ten minutes."

Anders, who had merely taken off his blood soaked, ragged prisoner's shirt, couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at the comment. His chest had a few red scars from knives, hooks and other sharp things, and obvious burn wounds, along with the dried blood stains that all of them carried. Underneath all of that, he was toned and honed like any warrior should be, but beyond that there wasn't all too much to see. Not really the most muscly of specimens, wire-y was the better term to describe him. However, all of that was rather quickly hidden by first the passed quilt that all metal armors come with to prevent chafing, and then by the armor itself. Tying the collar of his new scale armor, and finishing the attachment in just slightly over a minute, he stated, "And loe, there were pants, and the gods did say that the prisoners did not need to care about decency. And they saw it was acceptable, given the circumstances." His tone was about as expressionless as his mouth, giving no indication beyond a light twinkling of the eye that he was joking with his sarcasm. "We are still in the home of our captor, you know, and with how often he came to visit... we should not waste time. We can clean ourselves and find new clothing once we are out of this hole."

"We are going to need to leave, but I need my spells prepared before I venture outside this room. Please give me a moment," she says as she pores over the pages.

Anders did not seem to like the request, but looking over his companions and noting that a few of them seemed to have these books, he shook his head and grumbled, "Fine, but remember that haste is our friend here. Everyone who needs it should do the same... including our friend Alvis. Though that is more prayer than study, yes?"

Xhosant
2015-05-23, 05:55 PM
Rushing through the doors, Fandus looks frantically for his tome. Evenually, he finds it, a black leather-bound tome, whose simple cover bears red, etched letters. They are quite an odd script, nothing one would recognise, but going on a guess by the Common alphabet, the second of its two words is Historiae.

Now relieved, Fandus grows much calmer, his tail loosening, his face shifting from supressed panic to concerned deliberation. With a look upon his person, and soon after a few words and handwaves, the dirt and blood from his body was gone.

Moving on to find his clothes and tool among the pile of personal belongings, and with a swift visit to the rack, he heads for the illusory changing room.

Soon after, he steps out. A scholarly robe fitting of a Candlekeep's scribe covers his body, with a studded leather armor protruding and showing under it. A quarterstaff, fitted with an ornament that ought to be a spellcating focus, rests within his right hand, while at his left side, from a leather harness, hangs the all-important tome.

Fandus walks up to Liolya, giving a short bow in thanks with a finger on his glasses. "Thank you, for your service. It was very good thinking to use illusory arts to provide us with a place to change."

Wartex1
2015-05-23, 06:00 PM
"It's no wall of stone though." Midartes snarked a bit but was ultimately grateful for it.

Elbeyon
2015-05-23, 06:57 PM
Liolya

"And loe, there were pants, and the gods did say that the prisoners did not need to care about decency. And they saw it was acceptable, given the circumstances." His tone was about as expressionless as his mouth, giving no indication beyond a light twinkling of the eye that he was joking with his sarcasm. "We are still in the home of our captor, you know, and with how often he came to visit... we should not waste time. We can clean ourselves and find new clothing once we are out of this hole."She laughs, "Yeah, satisfactory I'd say. For those of us without armor we had time to play. If your worried that taking the extra time cleaning yourself is unswallowable that's fine. I'd agree with you."

Anders did not seem to like the request, but looking over his companions and noting that a few of them seemed to have these books, he shook his head and grumbled, "Fine, but remember that haste is our friend here. Everyone who needs it should do the same... including our friend Alvis. Though that is more prayer than study, yes?" "I can't do anything of the sort. I would need a long ass break before I could manifest different kinds of magic. Putting on armor was a big enough of a risk (worth it if it keeps us alive). I say we hoof it now without taking anymore chances. Let's hope our foresight in days past prepared us enough for this day."

Fandus walks up to Liolya, giving a short bow in thanks with a finger on his glasses. "Thank you, for your service. It was very good thinking to use illusory arts to provide us with a place to change." Very much agreeing with Midartes she shrugged in reply. "I hope it wasn't too transparent. You better not have put your tail through it while no one was looking."

Xhosant
2015-05-23, 07:01 PM
Very much agreeing with Midartes she shrugged in reply. "I hope it wasn't too transparent. You better not have put your tail through it while no one was looking."

"I wouldn't dream of it", blinks Fandus.

Turning to the rest, the dirtier ones in particular, he offers:

"I could flash-clean you, if you want."

Gnomes2169
2015-05-23, 07:20 PM
To Liolya, Anders sent a considering glance. "You know... that brings up a good point. Some of us do not need time to prepare, perhaps we should move to the next room. Scout things out a bit."

He looked at Fandus as well, "Magical cleaning is always quick... perhaps just a quick clean of the face and hair so that I can get things under control." His hair was rather out of control, and he blew an errant strand from in front of his eyes. Yes, haircuts were definitely happening once they got out...

Wartex1
2015-05-23, 07:29 PM
"I can't do anything of the sort. I would need a long ass break before I could manifest different kinds of magic. Putting on armor was a big enough of a risk (worth it if it keeps us alive). I say we hoof it now without taking anymore chances. Let's hope our foresight in days past prepared us enough for this day."

"Isn't manifestation for Psions?" Midartes teased the little gnome on her phraseology. "I mean, I'm no Wizard, but I know my way around a spellbook. Well, that and some other books of questionable contents, 'Getting Out of Debt For Dummies', and an idiot wizard's notes, but it's easy to say that I can do some pretty magical stuff."

The fabulous moon elf used Chill Touch and fistbumped the skeleton hand that appeared to demonstrate.

HerbertWest
2015-05-23, 07:39 PM

"Aye, it's prayer, but more time than we have. We'll have to make do with the small blessings I can use without praying."

The dwarf looks to those gathered, looping the wahammer onto his belt to free up his hand.

"We will need our wits about us, and to not he caught. If any of you specialize in scouting ahead, I can grant some aid.

Guidance
Casting Time: 1 Action
Range: Touch
Components: V,S
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute.
You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one ability check of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making its ability check. The spell then ends.

Xhosant
2015-05-23, 07:43 PM
With a quick wave, Anders' hair and face were free of dirt.

2 more words, and his hair was wet with warm water, then dried 5 seconds later.

A final wave straightened them, making for some soft, straight hair that shouldn't be tough to put under check.

Gnomes2169
2015-05-23, 07:56 PM
With his hair now under control (and oddly warm to the touch, that was slightly disconcerting), he nodded to Fandus and began to push it back behind his ears. He'd always found the use of these small magics so very interesting. "Thank you. Alvis," Anders said, drawing his blade and bowing, "I would be most grateful for your assistance. I may not look all too silent, but I have had experience masking the noise this armor would make."

Elbeyon
2015-05-23, 08:24 PM
Liolya

"Isn't manifestation for Psions?"

She shakes her head; her face tightens and sullen eyes dagger straight toward him as if he just killed the love of her life. In an overly angery voice barely escaping the dark abyss that is her face, "This isn't an academic debate. I don't have to put up with ungodly irritable semantics anymore. You're lucky. If this was a such a place I'd challenge you to a magic duel and pummel you good. Here, I'll have to restrain myself from physical violence."

Doing a one-eighty, her mood changes to a cheery one, "I'll go with."

Wartex1
2015-05-23, 08:37 PM
Liolya
She shakes her head; her face tightens and sullen eyes dagger straight toward him as if he just killed the love of her life. In an overly angery voice barely escaping the dark abyss that is her face, "This isn't an academic debate. I don't have to put up with ungodly irritable semantics anymore. You're lucky. If this was a such a place I'd challenge you to a magic duel and pummel you good. Here, I'll have to restrain myself from physical violence."

Doing a one-eighty, her mood changes to a cheery one, "I'll go with."

Midartes has to hold in a chuckle as he sizes up the short gnome.

HerbertWest
2015-05-23, 08:57 PM
"Thank you. Alvis," Anders said, drawing his blade and bowing, "I would be most grateful for your assistance. I may not look all too silent, but I have had experience masking the noise this armor would make."

Alvis steps up to Anders, reaching up to place his hand on the human's shoulder. He closes his eyes, and utters a few words of benediction and supplication in his native tongue. As he prays over Anders, the holy symbol on his neck glows faintly, and then dulls down at the spell's conclusion.

"Father, creator of Dwarvenkind, grant us your wisdom."

With the spell finished, Alvis takes back his hand, and places his new-found warhammer in it.

"Alright then, let's get out of here!"

Cognomeng
2015-05-23, 09:07 PM
Khazima nods her thanks to Imoen and proceeds to pickup the handaxe and the dagger from the table. She quickly twirls the hammer around her hand getting a feel for its balance. She cuts off a swath of her tattered clothing to make and armband which she slips the dagger into. "I am ready. Do any others speak Sylvan?"

Elbeyon
2015-05-23, 09:17 PM
"Common, elvish, gnomish, primordial"

Liolya is very tall for a gnome. Not that she measures up to Midartes. It genuinely looked like she was mad, but now when she looks at him her look is how it's always been, nonchalant.

If your interested in seeing a video (Luigi death stare) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOpKUrE9eKU&t=0m11s) on how Liolya might have looked. I'd like to post the MK version, but it's too violent.

Wartex1
2015-05-23, 09:28 PM
"I only know Common, Elven, and Deep Speech." Midartes put heavy emphasis on the "ven", probably to vexate the gnome. "If we're scouting ahead, I should go along. I trained on the creaky hardwood steps of my master's laboratory as to not disturb his research."

Xhosant
2015-05-23, 09:41 PM
"I can join, too. I need not to prepare, and my magic is more willing to return to me than most's."

Cognomeng
2015-05-23, 09:59 PM
"Let us hope the Dryads in the next room speak more than Sylvan, I would not feel comfortable being the spokesperson for this group. Which of us leads?"

Gnomes2169
2015-05-23, 10:16 PM
Oh great, more people. And magic being magic, the rest of them probably wouldn't have any blessings to help them walk with any semblence of silence. Especially given how much idle chatter they were having already. Bugger it. "I will take the lead, and given our tormentor's disposition so far, I would be surprised if these dryads are sane, let alone able to talk." Secretly, he guessed that if they could talk that the masked man had done his best to break them, including removing their original language from their minds... If that was at all possible. Walking towards the doorway, the metal scales making almost no noise, the human added, "Be quiet... and if necessary, be ready to fight some trees."

Anders strongly suspected new blade was going to get dull before he saw the light of day again. He was also apparently the only heathen here who could speak proper draconic. Disappointing.

Now as a note, I am on my phone currently... So I have no idea what I'm getting on the coming rolls, or if it will work. If it works, could someone please shoot me the result in a pm?

[roll0] + [roll1]

Yaaaaay, it worked... What did I get?

jaydubs
2015-05-23, 11:32 PM
I head out for one day an miss out on everything. :smalltongue:
Family Ring, Heavy Crossbow and bolts, Whip, Shortsword, Thief Tools, Leather Armor, Family Ring, Harmonica

jaydubs
2015-05-24, 12:03 AM
Chenly waits for the others to finish, and then fastens on some armor and weapons. He cleans himself up with a quick spell, and looks around.

"I will take the lead, and given our tormentor's disposition so far, I would be surprised if these dryads are sane, let alone able to talk."

"Be quiet... and if necessary, be ready to fight some trees."

"This woman, Imoen, says the dryads might be able to help us. I'll take the risk of speaking with them. We'll need any allies we can find. Be ready to jump in if you're right, and they prove hostile." As Anders sneaks into the room, he purposely walks in the opposite direction, drawing their attention to himself.

"Hello. My name is Chenly. Myself and some compatriots are seeking to escape this dungeon. And if I know anything at all about dryads, none would willing stay in such an unnatural place. Perhaps we can help one another?" Understanding that his words might not be understood, he tries to express goodwill in his body language as well.

Perception to not step on anything nasty, or get surprised: [roll0]
Persuasion: [roll1]

Wartex1
2015-05-24, 06:40 AM
Midartes stopped talking as he prepared to sneak forwards with the others.

[roll0]

Xhosant
2015-05-24, 08:25 AM
Sneakiness check: [roll0]

..."BE QUIET GUYS, WE DON'T WANT THEM TO NOTICE US"

Cognomeng
2015-05-24, 10:40 AM
Khazima follows the people moving towards the Dryads, stepping as lightly as she is able. And distancing herself from the loud Tiefling.

[roll0]
Edit, forgot to add my +3 dex. Still pretty bad though.

Elbeyon
2015-05-24, 12:53 PM
Liolya

Either she doesn't notice Midartes' comment or doesn't respond. "It seems we failed to grasp the concept of a scouting party. I'll let the scouts go ahead." A two compartment sack as large as Liolya appears in front of her. She runs around quickly looting everything she can out of the armory. Thrusting item after item into her glowing sack. "I'm going to need some help carrying this!" She tugs one of the ropes around its mouth. "One other person will do."

While the others scout Liolya will hang back and loot things (everything except the club, spear, & quarterstaff). If no one helps her she'll be moving 10 feet a round, naturally giving plenty of distant to the scouts (maybe a little too much).

Gnomes2169
2015-05-24, 03:52 PM
Sneakiness check: [roll0]

..."BE QUIET GUYS, WE DON'T WANT THEM TO NOTICE US"

Ander's eye twitched. And he immediately changed direction to anywhere the tiefling was not. Let the man sink by himself... a quick face washing and hair cleaning did not a blood debt make.

Xhosant
2015-05-24, 04:08 PM
*cough cough*

"Sorry for that. I don't know why it came out so loud. Carefully, now..."

cigaw
2015-05-25, 06:57 AM
Noruinir Noldosime, Half-Elf Paladin - 28/28HP | 11AC (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=200838)

As his cage is unlocked, Noruinir steps out carefully, pins and needles shooting down his legs. "Thank you, young lady. You have my sword by your side until we both leave here." As he sees the others being freed as well, he then adds "Until we all leave here."

Noruinir keeps a wary eye as he walks to the assorted equipment and goes through the personal belongings, thankfully finding his Holy Symbol. He diligently kisses the amulet and places it about his neck in a formal manner, intoning a quick prayer in Elvish. Leaflord, grant me your strength to withstand what lies before me. May my roots dig deep when I must stand.

He then picks out armor and weapons, donning the chainmail with practiced ease and cinching a longsword at his hip. He turns to his companions to address them quickly. "It would appear we all share a common, if immediate goal. I am called Noruinir, Paladin of Rillifane Rallathil, the Great Oak," he says with a slight bow. "Well met. Well met to all."

As the group begins to move out, Noruinir falls behind. He was already used to leaving the scouting to the scouts in Suldanesselar. He falls into step and tightly grips the greatsword, reassured by its heft.

Stealth: DISADVANTAGE [roll0]|[roll1]
What a waste of a 20. :smallannoyed: Still, could be worse.

Elbeyon
2015-05-25, 11:04 AM
Liolya

My character should be behind the scouting group. Here's a check if it's needed. I figure Liolya has disadvantage if she's carrying the sack alone (dragging it; the second roll is disadvantage).

Stealth (disadvantage) [roll0] (+3)

Edit: Thanks to Alvis : result: 19

HerbertWest
2015-05-25, 12:10 PM

Alvis goes back to Liolya, helping her with the sack of taken weapons and armor. He tries to speak quietly, though the dwarf's armor makes his motions and walking jingle loudly.

"We'll need some gold when we get out of here. But we can't put that above the 'if', if you take my meaning. We need to be prepared to drop this if we need to move quicker."

[roll0]

HerbertWest
2015-05-25, 12:11 PM
[OOC: I accidentally hit preview instead of post, so my dice roll messed up. Trying again.]

[roll0]

[Disadvantage - Stealth 15.]

MenhirRocksolid
2015-05-25, 04:55 PM
Stealth: [roll0], cause all the cool kids seem to be doing it...

Elbeyon
2015-05-25, 10:37 PM
Liolya

"No kidding. I don't have a home anymore. I don't have..." Ready to say more she stops for herself and those around here. "Point taken. I owe you something for this Alvis Stoneheart. Let's say you have a wizard's favor. I don't know if you that's something you value, but that's all I have right now." She gives a slight grin.

Alvis is sure he can carry the bag by himself without being encumbered. :smallbiggrin: (Yay! strong dwarfs!)

Philemonite
2015-05-27, 01:43 PM
As you enter the next room you notice that it looks a lot more pleasant. The cold metal constructions were replaced by cave walls and beautiful, tall trees. For a moment you wonder how tall (or maybe deep?) this place is. But as hard as you try you still fail to see just how far it goes, since the walls end in complete darkness. After an unsuccessful attempt to sneak through the room you are engaged in conversation by a small group of beautiful, who immediately start begging you to assist them.

jaydubs
2015-05-27, 01:58 PM
Chenly tries to get their attention. "Please, calm down. We are all in a desperate situation. But I would suppose you know more about this place than we do. If you can tell us where we are and what dangers lie in this place, perhaps we can help you."

cigaw
2015-05-27, 02:16 PM

Noruinir enters what appears to be a grove somehow placed within a dungeon, and is fascinated by it. He can't help but mumble to himself. "How can it be that trees survive in such a place? Can the Leaflord's touch extend this far, despite the madman who confined us here?"

Upon seeing the dryads, the Paladin approaches, sadness clear on his face, thinking what it would be like to be confined to this place. He addresses them briefly in Sylvan.

"May Rillifane's blessing touch upon you as life-giving sunlight caresses the blossoming leaves, tree-daughters. I am called Noruinir Noldosime, Paladin of the Great Oak, hailing from Suldanesselar."
Once he notices he has been speaking in Sylvan, he changes to Common, in the hopes of including the other prisoners in the conversation.

"Tell us what ails you, forest-sisters, that we may help you," he says in a friendly voice. It is obvious to all that the Paladin is distraught over their plight - whatever it may actually be - and is eager to help them.

Wartex1
2015-05-27, 03:36 PM
"Hello..." Midartes flipped his hair when addressing the dryads.

Gnomes2169
2015-05-27, 03:42 PM
Noruinir enters what appears to be a grove somehow placed within a dungeon, and is fascinated by it. He can't help but mumble to himself. "How can it be that trees survive in such a place? Can the Leaflord's touch extend this far, despite the madman who confined us here?"

"Tell us what ails you, forest-sisters, that we may help you," he says in a friendly voice. It is obvious to all that the Paladin is distraught over their plight - whatever it may actually be - and is eager to help them.

Anders couldn't help but sigh, already attributing it to the influence of the dryads. Who began moaning and complaining for help. Hiding the rolling of his eyes by looking back at the doorway of darkness, the fighter stepped out of hiding and stood back, allowing the paladin to begin negotiations. "Likely they want us to help them escape. Think about it, this monster gets a kick out of torturing people for no reason he's willing to explain. What do you think he will do with creatures of beauty such as these?" He asked, shaking his head slightly. "However, I have no idea how we would get their trees out of here. Those are sort of important to dryads, yeah? And it's not exactly like out captor could be working alone... he has to have some minions in this place to have captured all of us so easily. Sneaking in metal armor is one of my skills, sneaking while carrying a giant tree is not."

Xhosant
2015-05-27, 05:18 PM
Fandus was awe-stricken the moment he stepped foot in the room. His eyes wide behind his lenses, his tail stretched and swinging slowly, following his movements like a cat's, he walked as if in a daze, inspecting at first the trees, close at arm's reach and beyond sight upwards, eventually the dryads themselves. All along, murmurs of "Fascinating, truly fascinating!" escaped his lips.

Upon seeing the dryads, he took a deep bow, more graceful than you'd expect from a scholar, as he leaned on his staff and gently moved his tail along with the bow.

"It's an honor to meet you, and, frankly, it's my first encounter with one of your species. How might we be of aid?"

Elbeyon
2015-05-27, 10:45 PM
Liolya

Trailing behind the scouting party she sees the groups chatting before she sees the trees farther behind them. "Oh. That's unfortunate. Unless someone has a wagon and some horses there is nothing we can do." She pauses to think for a moment then disappears under the illusion of a tree. Her branches gripping the loot bag, she shakes her tree top. Fey are never to be trusted. "We should keep moving. Leave them to their fates and we'll come back with help if we can."

Nature [roll0]

Wartex1
2015-05-27, 10:56 PM
"Well, they say that good is beauty..." Midartes gave a mischievous grin to the short gnome with the silly hat. "So they should be more trustworthy than you."

The Moon Elf found it funny to mess with the small explosion of hate and rage before him.

Elbeyon
2015-05-27, 11:50 PM
"Well, they say that good is beauty..." Midartes gave a mischievous grin to the short gnome with the silly hat. "So they should be more trustworthy than you."

A branch moves off the loot bag and gives Midarte the twig.

She is flipping him off.

The line "Fey are never to be trusted" was italicized and not quoted. Such things are thoughts. I'm not sure if anything was misinterpreted anyway.

Gnomes2169
2015-05-28, 01:09 AM
A branch moves off the loot bag and gives Midarte the twig.

She is flipping him off.

The line "Fey are never to be trusted" was italicized and not quoted. Such things are thoughts. I'm not sure if anything was misinterpreted anyway.

And Anders couldn't help but chuckle... it sounded a bit mirthless, but it was a chuckle! To Mindartes, the human mumbled, "Please don't infuriate the illusionist. You won't know where you are when you wake up in the morning, and I really don't want to get caught in the crossfire."

Xhosant
2015-05-28, 04:59 AM
Fandus paused his examining to ponder his allies' concern for a moment, then replied.

"Trustworthy or not, we cannot give up on this opportunity to meet such creatures. I will give them the benefit of the doubt."

jaydubs
2015-05-28, 10:52 AM
Chenly speaks back in hushed tones. "If you'll all recall, Imoen mentioned they might be able to help us. When a woman shows up out of the blue and saves us from a fate worse than death, I think we can extend her at least a bit of faith. No?"

Wartex1
2015-05-28, 11:44 AM
"I've hidden from a wizard before." Midartes bit his lip in response to Anders. "It's not really that hard unless she has access to Scrying."

Still, she's only an illusionist...

Cognomeng
2015-05-29, 11:27 AM
Khazima shifts around to the side of the Dryads and remains silent.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-05-30, 03:48 AM
Gni-Tor just ignores most of the goons around him and asks the dryads directly: (In druidic): Friends, (then continues in common) how did you get here, and how did I get here, and how do we get out?

Philemonite
2015-05-31, 10:29 AM
"Please help us. He took our acorns, and we can't leave without them." One of the dryads almost starts crying as she tries to convince the party.
"He gave them to the Ilyich, that cruel beast. Please retrieve them, so that we can leave." The other dryad says.
"You can find him west of here, you just have to pass the library. If you decide to go there you should also deliver this to the genie." The third dryad produces a small flask. Just how she managed to hide it under her rather revealing clothing is beyond you, but that's not really something you can ponder right now.
"You will need the portal key to get out of here. You can find one in the mistress's room east of here. But you need to be careful, the filth monster lies beyond the door. Once you have the key you will find the portal north of here. Please hurry, if he finds out you are gone he will come after you. And he will be angry." The dryad shudders after the last sentence, as she tries to find comfort by looking at her tree.

jaydubs
2015-05-31, 11:32 AM
"If time is of the essence, we should split up. Those of us who are interested in helping these dryads can pursue this Ilyich. And we can secure the favor of a genie on the way through." He takes the flask from the dryad, thanking her. "The rest of you can go after the key, and meet us at the portal."

MenhirRocksolid
2015-05-31, 02:14 PM
An Ilyich? What manner of beast is that?

Gnomes2169
2015-05-31, 05:17 PM
"Hmph, first dryads, now djinn... Seems like a lot of powerful creatures need our help escaping. However, I feel like it won't matter too much if we don't get out ourselves. Filth monster, did you say? I suppose I should go that way and get the key. If anyone wishes to join me, then follow along... and please stay quiet this time. Or at least let me sneak forward and scout out by myself. Hopefully I can get some information on this... creature without it being alerted to my presence." And in the longest actual speech he'd given so far, Anders strode off to the side to wait for the group to divide itself. Hopefully he would get some 'friends' to help him out here...

Wartex1
2015-05-31, 06:05 PM
"Anything for one such as yourself." Midartes bowed towards the dryad he found the most attractive.

Xhosant
2015-05-31, 06:13 PM
Fandus ponders, his right arm leaning on his staff and his left across his bound book's back, then proclaims. "I would very much like to visit this place's library, a man so much set on sampling creatures will surely exhibit similar diligence about sampling books. Alas, I will concede to the group's requests, whatever those may be."

Elbeyon
2015-06-01, 01:40 AM
Liolya

Liolya leaves her illusion and drops the loot sack. "Hold for me, Anders."

She pointy says as she approaches the dryads, "Listen. We are about to risk our lives while you sit here crying. Doing nothing as far as I can tell. Some of us might die." She moves her hand aggressively. "Die. Now help us in every way you can if you want us to succeed. Because, I want us to succeed and its our success that will grant you your freedom. You're fey? Do you have any magic that can help us?" She points to the door that contains the filth monster. "Tell me everything you know about the monster behind that door."

After the results, if she can she'll start to follow after Anders. Passing Fandus she stops to plainly say, "I can call you by your blood or your name. Its your choice. Either way, you should concede and come with us." She candidly admits. "I'd prefer to have you by my side than not, knowledge seeker. I hope you can see the the value in escaping over being dead and none the wiser for it. If both groups survive you can gain the knowledge they gained."

Check to identify filth monster with dryads help. (Someone else could help Liolya if the dryads don't. It's not a big deal. Fradus perhaps.)[roll0][roll1] Add +2 if arcana, nature, or investigation apply.

If we do a skip to the next room my character would have used a magic spell before then, but I don't want to include it now because my post is already a little long.

Xhosant
2015-06-01, 05:48 AM
Fandus blinks in surprise at the wizard's bluntness, but nods with a smile.

"I'm called Fandus, so by all means, call me that. Loathe as I am to, I admit your priorities are correct. I can only hope we can finish our leg of the mission in time to look through that trove of knowledge, if only for a few short moments. We might even discover why we're here."

HerbertWest
2015-06-01, 10:09 AM

Alvis listens to the conversations and debate about helping the dryads and how to get out of here. The dwarf is silent as he listens, and watches how the group begins splitting up.

"I will help the dryads. No sense in getting out of here ourselves, if we just pass up other innocents."

Philemonite
2015-06-03, 08:19 AM
After carefully listening to dryad's description (or as carefully as you can under the circumstances) you manage to rule out most potential creatures. The only option that remains is otyugh. And although that can't really be called good new, you at least know what awaits you.

Gni-Tor/Noruinir/Zoraya/Chenly/Alvis

After searching through the library and finding nothing two interesting (aside from a couple of scrolls) you decide to press forward. As you enter the next chamber you notice a a group of gray dwarfs arguing about something. You can't really understand anything without risking revealing your presence, but it it clear that one of the dwarfs is agitated, and taking it out on the rest. Why the others don't oppose him is beyond you.

Anders/Khazima/Fandus/Liolya/Midartes

As you enter a rather large and dimly lit chamber you notice something moving in the distance. A rather unpleasant stench assaults your nostrils. A strange squeaking noise mixed with sound of dripping water impairs your hearing. For a brief moment you think that this is some kind of torture chamber, but you don't really have time to think about it.

Xhosant
2015-06-03, 08:35 AM
((Remember that whole 'cast a spell before entering the room' business we talked about? Now's the time :P Shillelagh!))

Standing before the door, Fandus hits his staff on the floor. In an instant, a dark aura surrounds it, quite unsettling to stare at (but you can't quite figure why).

Passing through, he stands at the ready, staff held horizontal before him. The creature must be nearby.

Elbeyon
2015-06-03, 08:47 AM
((Xhosant. You might want to hold off on casting a spell.))

Interrupting Fandus. On the way to the door Liolya swears, "Dammit! It's an otyugh.

If you guys are about my expertise than it'll rip us in half, literally. They're a pretty common thing in most cities. Though, most don't see them since they live in the sewers. I was support in an expedition to slay one and it nearly finished off the platoon I was with."

She kneads her forehead, "We can't get in a fight fair and win. We'll have to play as dirty as an otyugh."

"Fandus, welcome to the team." She grabs a hold of the bottom of his shirt, inspecting it. "Now, strip naked. I need your clothes."

cigaw
2015-06-03, 09:29 AM

Team Dryad

"Duergar," Noruinir hisses under his breath. "Can any of you understand their dark tongue?"

The Paladin then tests the greatsword's balance unconsciously, idly swinging it by his side as he listens. "I wonder if diplomacy is even an option here. These creatures may be in league with our captor," he whispers to his companions.

Xhosant
2015-06-03, 09:30 AM
Fandus looks in a surprised manner.

"You, uh... why?"

Still, Lyolia's urgency pushes him to remove his overcoat, at least, while waiting for an answer. "I can hold on to my book's harness, right? And, uh..."

Elbeyon
2015-06-03, 10:09 AM
"Its for the plan.

I was about to explain the cloth is to hold over a gallon of mucous... I wouldn't expect to get your coat back; I wouldn't want it back anyway that's for sure. So, yeah, it'd be a good idea to hold onto anything you want to keep.

I was thinking we fold this coat onto Fandus' quarterstaff. I conjure this mucous I was talking about.

Nasty stuff. Hold your breath around it. If you touch it and you aren't holding your breath you'll be dead on the ground in half a minute. I'd say scream to get our attention if you get infected, but that'd be a little hard. Thrash about like your dying." She gives a wry smile.

"Otyughs love eating. We'll make the staff smell like ripe, week old garbage. We'll need you'll help on that one Fandus. Then, Anders can try to sneak in and try to get the glutton to eat the thing. Getting an otyugh to eat isn't that hard that's for sure. Just don't get caught."

She quizzically looks to the group like she is expecting feedback and addendums to the plan.

Xhosant
2015-06-03, 10:32 AM
Listening to the description, Fandus progressively, and unconsciously, draws his overcoat back. Yup, this wasn't the sack they were gonna use.

Then again, he wasn't eager to soak his beloved staff in mucous either, or risk part of it chomped away.

He begins thinking...

"Altering its smell will be a trivial matter. I'd assume my staff is needed to keep Anders at arm's reach from the creature, but I can think of a safer way. If only I have 10 minutes to spare, the sack will walk in on its own for us. As for said sack..."

With a sudden, excited expression, Fandus turns around and dashes to the room they left behind a few minutes ago, the apparent armory. It wasn't long before he came back with several pieces of torn, blood-caked cloth; the rags they had been wearing for the last couple of... days? He wasn't quite sure.

Elbeyon
2015-06-03, 10:50 AM
Her eyes glued onto his coat, they follow his movements as he rescinds his offer. Her mouth open as she was just about to say before he gave an alternative.

"It was mostly to keep him from accidentally touching the mucous and to add mass to the meal. The bulkier the meal the better. I was thinking about trying to add an illusion to the mix for just that purpose but I'd have to be too close."

Her eyes widen when he says he can animate a sack.

And, when he gets back she says, "That's impressive. I look forward to the ritual. Do you need help creating the sack or will your magic handle that too." She conjures a large flat, knife-like needle meant for sewing sacks. By the dryads her glowing sack disappears leaving the weapons and armor to nosily readjust. "If necessary we could makeshift some line to bind everything together."

jaydubs
2015-06-03, 11:02 AM
Chenly Winzo - 21/21 HP, 14 AC

Team Dryad

The man shakes his head. "Unfortunately, no. Though I believe they often know other languages." He points towards the the agitated dwarf and continues to whisper quietly. "The dryads did mention that Ilyich was cruel. Perhaps that is him? Or perhaps that is someone unsatisfied with Ilyich? I think we can presume the dwarves are working with our captor. But they might not choose to fight if we remove the leadership, especially if they were unsatisfied with him."

Xhosant
2015-06-03, 11:14 AM
Fandus ponders for a short moment.

"Can't say I hold the tools to do it. It might be best you work on that as I develop the ritual's preparations."

With that, he sets to work on a simple magic circle. Anyone who bothered to check would notice the circle looks more divine than arcane in nature, although not matching anything recognizable, and the tentacle-like scripts the tiefling diligently copies from his tome are slightly unnerving.

About 10 minutes later, the circle lies in wait for his command to flow through its shaping conduit and into their bait's carrier.

Gnomes2169
2015-06-03, 03:21 PM
Anders sat back, waiting for the two to finish their chatter before speaking up. "Wait a second on that plan. Alternately, we have an illusionist who can send off an illusion of a person or something tasty into the sewage. It will be bright, shiny and tasty looking, and otyughs are idiots. One of my companions and I used this method to take one of these things down before, with the illusion working to make the creature look a different way, and then unloading on its exposed flank. It will be faster and more certain than poison, if a little more risky... though there are five of us, and we are big boys and girls. We should be able to handle a little bit of tentacle-y flailing."

Wartex1
2015-06-03, 03:59 PM
"I've only read about Otyugh's, but their diet should make them exhume some sort of flammable substance. I doubt the garbage it must eat doesn't allow for an easily combustible environment." Midartes spoke aloud as the others planned. "Perhaps we could trap the Otyugh in its nest and choke it out with smoke and flames?"

HerbertWest
2015-06-03, 04:46 PM

Team Dryad

Alvis visibly grimaces at the sight of the Duergar, grumbling under his breath some unkind things in Dwarven.

"Nay, I can't. But we should try to catch them by surprise."

jaydubs
2015-06-03, 05:34 PM
Chenly Winzo - 21/21 HP, 14 AC

Team Dryad

He nods towards Alvis. "You're probably right. We'll need the element of surprise to take out guards that well equipped." He looks over the group. "This will be our first fight together. Let us all give good account of ourselves."

Alvis and Noruinir (and whoever asks for it next) get Combat Inspiration. You can add d6 to an attack roll, damage roll, ability check, or saving throw. Or you can add d6 to your AC as a reaction against an enemy attack.

Elbeyon
2015-06-03, 07:52 PM
Liolya

She takes a seat with the clothes, tearing some of them, to try to knot a very crappy, makeshift container. Entertaining herself with Fandus' work, very peculiar work. The source of his magic becomes a point of contention in her mind, but she doesn't ask him about his circle. She was curious. That was for sure. She just morally cared not from where his powers came nor did she want him to think that she would have a prejudice against his source. She'd ask him later when the subject could be more freely discussed.

As the two others put out a competing plan she lets out a sigh. "Oh, this is going to get complected.

I don't fight when I can avoid the trouble. An illusion may work. We'll have to consider that. My illusions become known for what they are whenever touched, however. A momentary distraction at best... It could work."

A couple of crude knots intertwine some overlapping cloth. Its usefulness as a waterskin would certainly be brought into question. A viscous mucous on the other hand it might be somewhat suited to.

She shakes her head at Midartes. "I can't see that working. I have enough trouble burning my own waste and it takes a while to do. Its often very wet. I'm not against trying if given the opportunity, but I like Anders' fighting stratagem better."

Xhosant
2015-06-03, 08:08 PM
Seeing the container prepared, Fandus adjusts his glasses, then touches the ground with his staff, right at the circle's center. For a brief moment, the tentacle-like scriptures actually writhe (although he doesn't hold recollection of that detail, and it's probably fuzzy for onlookers as well, an obvious phenomenon dismissed as a mirage), and small, black embers ignite outwards and consume them in a blink.

Only one of those embers persists beyond the the others' lifetime, and once it, too expires, an unseen force can be sensed from its past location. Unseen yet humble, like a servitor.

Not long after that, the cloth container hovers in the air, as if carried, waiting to be filled.

Elbeyon
2015-06-03, 08:29 PM
Liolya

She lets go of the bag when she feels a pull on it. Watching it hover in the air before she moves away.

A reminder to Fandus that the bag needs to be open and on the ground sounds off. Appreciating his compliance; soon a dim greenish light can be seen emanating from the portal. "Done. Seal the light in best you can. I'll leave the rest to you." It looks like she is having fun. A smile cracks on her face periodically while magics are being spun.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-06-04, 02:46 AM
Team Dryad:

Well, we could first perhaps take out or focus our attacks on the one which is harrassing the rest. Then we will see where the rest of their loyalties lie.

Xhosant
2015-06-04, 05:48 AM
With the sack full and carried, it was time for the finishing touches. A few moments was all it took for the bag to becone reflective and eye-catching, the smell of rotting garbage emanating from it.

Fandus walked up to the door and slightly opened it, mentally ordering the nonexistent mass to the limit of its range.

A loud splashing noise was heard from the bag's possition before Fandus closed the door, and waited.

cigaw
2015-06-04, 02:59 PM

Team Dryad

Noruinir's head droops as he realizes there is little chance of a peaceful solution. He mutters something in Elvish under his breath, with an apparent note of sadness.

"Let the passing of those who stand against us be swift," he says with sudden steel. "If we are to attack, let us do so at once. Agreed?"

jaydubs
2015-06-04, 08:17 PM
Chenly Winzo, HP 21/21, AC 14

Team Dryad

The man nods grimly, and loads his crossbow in preparation.

Perception: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll2]

Philemonite
2015-06-06, 10:49 AM
Team Key

Surprisingly enough, your little plan works, and the creature is distracted enough for you to pass. Even with your less then desirable stealth technique (at least there was no shouting this time). You pass through a relatively small room with simple decorations (roll perception or investigate with disadvantage (since you are in a hurry) to see if you notice something) and enter a strange, beautifully furnished room. Imoen warns you not to touch anything until she checks it out, and you can't fight the feeling that something is wrong.

Wartex1
2015-06-06, 11:34 AM
"This place doesn't really feel right. I mean, it's not as bad as being trapped in a room with a Beholder and a few Grells, but it's definitely unsettling." Midartes quipped to the others as he looked around. "So what's wrong..."

Perception: [roll0] [roll1]
Investigation: [roll2] [roll3]

Xhosant
2015-06-06, 11:42 AM
investigation: [roll0][roll1]
perception: [roll2][roll3]

Elbeyon
2015-06-06, 11:59 AM
((Is it alright if I roll later when we hear from Gnomes2169?))

She exhales relief when they completely pass the monster. Slightly impressed with the room she utters, "Not bad.

No touching. Got it. Tell me when the room looks clear."

She waits at the door with her ear to it. Trying to eavesdrop on the creature behind them.

To Midartes she answers, "I have to agree with you just this once. Our situation is not as bad as being dead. Hopefully."

Gnomes2169
2015-06-06, 06:20 PM
"Yup, I am not touching anything in here." Anders mumbled, glancing at the creature and surprised that the plan had actually worked. "Gonna admit though... I'm not exactly the best at finding traps. And this place is just screaming trap. Probably magical trap at that. Oh will, guess I'll do my best..."

Investigation: [roll0] [roll1]
Perception: [roll2] [roll3]
Arcana: [roll4] [roll5] Because Arcana is used to detect magical traps according to the DMG.

And damn my lack of proficiency in all three of these rolls. I can't use the help action on anyone's checks. :smallfrown:

MenhirRocksolid
2015-06-07, 11:09 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

jaydubs
2015-06-07, 11:21 AM
Chenly Winzo, HP 21/21, AC 14

Team Dryad

"Proceed on the count of three," he whispers. "One... two... three!"

Chenly blows softly into his palm, and a speck of shining dust zips into the middle of the Duergar group before exploding in a shower of golden light.

Faerie Fire on the whole group. DC 13 Dexterity save to avoid.
Initiative for next round: [roll0]

Elbeyon
2015-06-07, 12:07 PM
Melodramatically sarcastically quipping "Oh. Magical traps. I already feel at home."

She listens at the door for a while longer before moving towards Anders. "I'll help search.... without touching anything. That kinda makes things harder in my experience. I'll do what I can anyhow"

While searching the room her all business talk devolves to small chat, "So, group. Tell me about yourselves. I know your names, but not much else. Then, if one of us dies we can tell their loved ones about how well we knew them and how great of a person they were. I wander a lot... But, I often finding myself wandering into Waterdeep. If I were to call a place home that'd probably be it."

Ability Check (Int) + Proficiency Bonus (Arcana):
[roll0]

Wartex1
2015-06-07, 12:09 PM
"I'll just say that this situation we are in is actually a bit better than a previous adventure." Midartes said with a completely straight face. "I've got nothing much to say besides that."

Xhosant
2015-06-07, 12:23 PM
"I'm a bookkeeper of Candlekeep, and a student of history. I had been tasked with compiling a unified history of the realms, but for history books, our tomes were rather conflicting. And this," pointing at the tome on his side, "is the most conflict-plagued tome of all."

Elbeyon
2015-06-07, 01:33 PM
"I'll just say that this situation we are in is actually a bit better than a previous adventure." Midartes said with a completely straight face. "I've got nothing much to say besides that.""How endearing." She waves away her last comment. "I can understand a desire for privacy. We'll put your name on your tombstone. Hopefully that's enough for whoever needs to find you can find you."

"I'm a bookkeeper of Candlekeep, and a student of history. I had been tasked with compiling a unified history of the realms, but for history books, our tomes were rather conflicting. And this," pointing at the tome on his side, "is the most conflict-plagued tome of all."

"Candlekeep?", she asks impressed. "I've been there a couple of times. I even have one of my own books in the library.

I was thinking about going for this whole new heritage prophecy thing, but I didn't want to split with a thousand gold. Its expensive to get in there you know?" Her words edge to a point. "It ensures the quality of the books and guests, but it makes for a poor institution of learning. Well, for the common person."

Her expression muddies when she hears about a unified history. Whether she thinks that's noble task or a fool's errand it's hard to tell. "That's...", a delay lingers as she thinks how to word her response, "a noble goal. It's an interesting tome I'll give you that. You found a strange magical tome in Candlekeep did you? It wouldn't be the first time I've heard of such a thing. But, that tome does seem to be rather unique. If we get out of here and if you'll let me I wouldn't mind taking a look at it myself."

Xhosant
2015-06-07, 01:47 PM
"Oh, that intentionally-spread rumor? It was just to keep people from scrapping together a spellbook of common cantrips or write a half-poem to gain entry. Truth is, any book of decent quality and interest is sufficient, even an unknown bard's recounting of a small village's major event or its yearly journal is sufficient. if you're not trying to con entry in, you're not denied it."

"No, no, you misunderstand. It's not magical in the slightest, it just seems like a madman's recounting of all of history, repeating the same event in different ways, or blaming an event on the outcome of a later one. Yet somehow, it seems in parts more accurate and detailed than any history tome I've seen. My guess would be it's some sort of steganography at play."

Elbeyon
2015-06-07, 03:25 PM
"What!? I've always brought at least that amount. To think that I could haven't visited more than I have." Looking over a lamp she smiles. "I'll have to visit sometime soon. I'll make sure to bring the proper price this time too. Maybe, I'll see you there sometime. Assuming you aren't too busy collecting history."

"Interesting." I saw you use it in your ritual. "Now, I just want to look at the madman's accounts even more. We can trade for a while. You can study my spellbook while I take a look at your tome."

Wartex1
2015-06-07, 03:29 PM
"What about me?" Midartes butted into the gnome's conversation. "I'd like to take a look."

Xhosant
2015-06-07, 03:54 PM
"Well, of course! Although, I would love to inspect it under calmer circumstances, since magical scripts always fascinated me. In fact, both of you can, freely!"

With that, he unties the tome and offers it to the duo.

((optionally, and for fluff-crunch fusion, give me a Knowledge check and a Will save OOC, then I'll add contents))

Elbeyon
2015-06-07, 04:05 PM
Liolya will give a refusing gesture and let Midartes take it.

"I'd rather enjoy it later after I'm done searching for traps that'll curse me. When, if, we get out of here I'd like to have another chance to look. Perhaps, we can travel a while longer together once we escape till our brains are content with each other's reading material.

I'll let you know now I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to new things. Thoroughly reading it might take more time than it takes us to reach a nearby town. Oh, that'd be a shame."

HerbertWest
2015-06-07, 04:17 PM
Alvis Stoneheart, Dwarven Cleric - 27/27 HP, 19 AC

Alvis runs out on Chenly's count, his warhammer and shield in his hands. Marching into melee range to the duergar leader, the Cleric attempts to strike hard and true.

Initiative for the rounds: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage, if successful: [roll2]

Wartex1
2015-06-07, 04:39 PM
"A quick skim would be more than interesting." Midartes remakred to Liolya as he opened the book. "Well now..."

Arcana: [roll0]
Wisdom Save: [roll1]

Gnomes2169
2015-06-07, 04:44 PM
"You know my name, Liolya, and you do not need to worry about informing any loved ones if I fall. I may still have family, but very few that I know or care about." From the way the human glanced at the people here, it would seem to suggest something... but that was just a suspicion just now. "And Waterdeep? Well, that's an interesting place to be sure... I pass through the city now and again. Not very often, but every once in a while." It was actually odd how he had chosen Waterdeep, given his aversion to crowds and the population of the city of splendors one would have thought that he would avoid it like the plague. "Nice place. Full of sunlight and praising that new god... Lathander? Didn't he sort of steal Amunator's whole 'dominion of the sun' thing?"

Elbeyon
2015-06-07, 06:53 PM
A index finger raises in front of her and swipes towards herself as she says, "That's depressing as crap. Deaths are meant to be mourned and celebrated."

"I've lived in Waterdeep. Recently too. My time here has probably left my home in someone else's care though." The likely loss of her worldly possessions doesn't seem to bother her and her mood shifts from inquisitive to chuckling when she hears Waterdeep called a nice place. "Waterdeep might look nice at a glance, but don't let that fool you. Walk down the wrong alley and its just as bad as the worst of cities. A god stealing something isn't going to change that."

She shakes her head. "I don't really pay attention to the powers all that much. Its not something that interests me. I'll go watch a well-written play if I want to be entertained instead of relying on untrained story telling."

Gnomes2169
2015-06-07, 09:37 PM
A index finger raises in front of her and swipes towards herself as she says, "That's depressing as crap. Deaths are meant to be mourned and celebrated."

"I've lived in Waterdeep. Recently too. My time here has probably left my home in someone else's care though." The likely loss of her worldly possessions doesn't seem to bother her and her mood shifts from inquisitive to chuckling when she hears Waterdeep called a nice place. "Waterdeep might look nice at a glance, but don't let that fool you. Walk down the wrong alley and its just as bad as the worst of cities. A god stealing something isn't going to change that."

She shakes her head. "I don't really pay attention to the powers all that much. Its not something that interests me. I'll go watch a well-written play if I want to be entertained instead of relying on untrained story telling."

"Yes... they are." He stated, leaving the talk of funerals at that.

"Waterdeep is known as the City of Splendors for a reason, and it is a very good reason. It is far more structured, controlled, well constructed and patrolled rather competently. Compared too, say, Baldur, which is in shambles after Sarevok's coup, or Luskan and its pirate lords, it's a veritable paradise." He shrugged a bit and continued to look about the room, glancing over the areas that Liolya was giving a look over, and pointing out areas he thought would be logical places for traps. Not really magical ones, since that wasn't his forte, but the more mundane and curious places where a trap maker might practice their art. "Nice enough to get a home at... if I was so inclined."

The soldier chuckled at her comment on the oratory skills of most preachers. "True, most followers of the powers are rather repetitive and bland... but I must admit, Lathander has at least a few good public speakers working for him. Energetic, and they have this funny little stance when they praise the sun, sort of holding out their hands in a V and standing with their chest puffed out and legs slightly spread... they should be fine. With the Troubles causing a bit of chaos in the divine realms, having such followers will be a bit of an advantage for the upstart. Don't know who will make it or which powers will remain dead and all. Alundo had something to say about that, if I recall..." Seems someone did a bit of research at some point.

From here on out, Anders will reference the Time of Troubles (the reason all of our characters are children of Bhaal) as the Troubles.

Also, PRAISE THE SUN! \[T]/

Xhosant
2015-06-08, 04:55 AM
[The majority of the book contains writings in a rather messy, distorted handwriting, recounting events conflicting with one another, common knowledge, or other recountings of the same events.

A page seems to contain some map, repeatedly written over and wildly distorted. The result seems oddly important.

After that page is a tidier one, of what seems to be instructions for the Unseen Servant ritual, or at least some variant of it. The precisely 10 following (and last) pages are empty.

As soon as you close the book, you are onlyleft with a vague recollection of the contents, and likely none of the map onwards, except maybe 'they seemed significant'.

\[T]/

cigaw
2015-06-08, 07:53 AM

Team Dryad

Noruinir readies himself for combat, uttering a swift prayer to the Great Oak for protection. He keeps his eyes shut while the Bard counts down, visualizing the upcoming battle. On the count of three, he opens his eyes and, seeing the Bard's spell take hold, charges into the gray dwarfs.

He silently advances on the Duergar Leader, bringing his greatsword down on a wide slash.

Note: I'm going to roll as if I had Advantage due to Chenly's Faerie Fire. If it does not apply, ignore the second roll for Attack and we'll adjust from there.
Initiative: [roll0]
Move: Adjacent to Duergar Leader
Action: Greatsword vs Duergar Leader

Attack: [roll1]|[roll2]
Damage: [roll3] +3 = 9
Crit: [roll4]
Reroll 1s and 2s: [roll5]
Total Damage:
• If Regular Hit: 9
• If Crit: Expending Divine Smite (rolls here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19367627&postcount=1065)): 9+10+7+15=41

Elbeyon
2015-06-08, 04:22 PM
"Woah! I didn't realize you were patriotic. My fault." A hand is held up to stop the flow of information. "I was just offering some kind advice to someone from out of town that may have only saw the grander of the city and let their guard down towards the darker side of things. Its a good place to live though. I could help set you up with a place. I particularly like the acceptance of most people. It can be hard to be a gnome in some places, but Waterdeep welcomes all kinds and I'm grateful for that."

Liolya get's nervous as the conversation about gods continue. At one point a look on her face gives a hint that she might be about to say something, but it turns to dejection as nothing comes from the thought. A small amount of restraint on her part shows. She offers a semi-listening ear and nods when she thinks it is appropriate. She has no words to add to his rhetoric though.

Xhosant
2015-06-08, 04:31 PM
"A place of acceptance? You have no idea how great a virtue that is... Tieflings have a hard time in the world over unfounded prejudice, and I'm lucky to have gained a place in Candlekeep."

With the talk returning to the grandest library, Fandus' mind returns to the more modest library that is waiting for him, and the task at hand, that lies between him, and it. every second spent here was a second less delving in that treasure, and he wasn't set to have many, anyway.

"How's the scouting going?", he asks their prospective savior. "Is the way to the key safe?"

Elbeyon
2015-06-08, 05:24 PM
"Better than most. A lot of trade, a lot of strange things by some accounts go through the ports." A bit smugly she admits, "I can show you some parts of town where a tiefling is more accepted than others. I find your blood more than acceptable. I'd prefer to have it over any more common type." She gives a wide smile. "Literally. With permission, of course."

It's nice to have someone that's more understanding to our plights."

Gnomes2169
2015-06-08, 05:29 PM
"Patriot? Hardly. Just making a comparison to the other places I've been... and compared to this current place, I would have to say that I much prefer the Elfsong Tavern in Baldur. However, if I ever decide to stop wandering, I'll be sure to talk to you." Anders responded to the gnome, shrugging a bit. Likely, he wouldn't be settling down in any city, but it was always good to keep your options open.

When Fandus asked Imoen how things were coming along, Anders added, "Indeed. How goes the search? I don't know how long the mucus thing lasts, but last I heard we were in a bit of a rush."

Xhosant
2015-06-08, 05:44 PM
Fandus looks, puzzled, and more curious than scared.

"By literally, you mean a sample? How would that be of use?"

Elbeyon
2015-06-08, 06:03 PM
"Oh, I shouldn't have said anything. First, I ask to look at your precious tome and now your blood. Normally. I'm not so creepy you know? Well, I'm not. Everything has a use. It just needs to be found. It'd be for research and the end result I couldn't tell you. I wouldn't know. Forget I said anything. Sorry. I must have spent too much time around other mages. It's been a long day and I'm not thinking straight right now. It was a weird thing to say."

"You have good taste, Anders."

Xhosant
2015-06-08, 08:19 PM
"No, no, you misunderstand! I'd gladly offer it, in exchange only for partaking in your tests, or at least your results! Maybe you'll even put the common misconception of my kin's blood to rest!"

If Fandus' willingness (insistence?) to lend blood seems unnerving to some, anyone who has spent a lot of time near researchers, and arcane ones no less, has surely seen it before.

Gnomes2169
2015-06-08, 08:50 PM
"Well, as you said... funerals are supposed to be sad. And the spirit's melody is... haunting." Anders said, looking into one of the dark corners of the room they were searching. He left it at that, content to stay in silence until the area is secure.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-06-09, 08:27 AM
Gni-Tor turns into a raging bear and also proceeds to pummel the duergar leader.

Bite attack: , Adv: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Claw attack: [roll3], Adv: [roll4]
Damage: [roll]2d+6

Rolled some more in OOC channel: Bite attack does 20 damage and the claw attack does 14 damage

Cognomeng
2015-06-09, 10:04 AM
Khazima rushes into the room with a long loping gait, closing on the nearest Duergar and lashing out with her axe at his head.

[/roll]1d20+5[/roll]
[roll0]

Philemonite
2015-06-09, 11:18 AM
Team Dryad

Two of the enemies manage to avoid Chenly's fire, but the leader and remaining two Duergars are now much easier to hit. Not to mention that they are very pissed because they hate bright light. Alvis is the first to react, and although he didn't manage to do much damage to the dwarf leader, he did manage to penetrate through his armor (not to mention he manage to get passed his shield). Still, it served as an excellent distraction, allowing Noruinir to knock out his opponent with one attacks. Granted, it was a precise attack, backed up by some impressive divine power. After seeing their leader fall, three enemies start to run for their lives, frightened by the paladin's display of might. Seeing the enemy leader fall and most of his subordinates flee, Gni-Tor targets last glowing dwarf. The attacks pierce through the enemy armor as if it was wet paper, and before he can realize what is going on the dwarf is lying on the ground unconscious. Seeing that they have already won, Zoraya options not to use her full power against the enemy. Instead, she uses a simple spell to burn the enemy into submission.

Team Key

"Is the way to the key safe?"

"Not with all the yapping going around." The girl answers with a smile. "Just let me work my magic. Besides, that alarm we tripped upon entering is probably doing it's thing. You should stop worrying about me and focus on the guards that are coming."
As soon as Imoen answers you hear a very deep voice from the adjacent room:
"Sanctity of mistress's chamber has been desecrated. The intruders will be punished."
With no way to go forward, you decide the only way to proceed is to defeat the guards. Unfortunately for you, the guards are a pair of golems that look quite sturdy.

cigaw
2015-06-09, 12:36 PM

Team Dryad

The Paladin watches the other Duergar retreat in disgust, though he makes no attempt to stop them. Ripping a piece of cloth from his tattered clothes, he wipes the blade clean. "Thank you, Great Oak, for watching over this servant of yours so far removed from your verdant forests," Noruinir intones, automatically grasping his holy symbol.

Once satisfied they are safe for the moment, Noruinir turns his attention to the fallen Duergar and their surroundings, as he speaks to his companions. "That was good work; very well executed. Thank you for the distraction, Chenly," he adds with a smile and a nod.

Investigation: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

jaydubs
2015-06-11, 11:18 AM
Chenly Winzo

Team Dryad

"That was a mighty hit! Glad I could assist. And yes, excellent work all around." He starts to help Noruinir searching the bodies.

"Hopefully, this was Ilyich. But we won't know for sure unless we find the acorns they spoke of." He puts his hand over the flask in his breast pocket. "And we also need to find this genie."

ndeed. What do we find?
Perception: [roll0]

jaydubs
2015-06-13, 01:35 PM
Chenly Winzo

Team Dryad

Chenly picks up the acorns and the strange keys. "The Dryads mentioned there would be a genie in the area. We should try to find it before returning. It looks like we're all still in fine shape, and more likely to stay that way with few more sets of armor." He holds up the 3 keys. "Though these are a bit of a mystery. Perhaps we'll find a door on the way."

Chenly will cast detect magic as a ritual if we're not using the rule where characters can automatically tell what is magical. He'll also take the scrolls of hold person and identify, unless one of you has a need for them.

Gnomes2169
2015-06-13, 04:49 PM
Team Key

Well, golems. Looked pretty flimsy though. Doubting that his sword would be the most effective anyway, Anders waited for his moment to strike. When one of them moved, he took advantage of its positioning and stepped out from behind the door, striking it from behind and using his rapier to hopefully knock it down, before pushing himself a bit more to swing again, meaning to take full advantage of this alpha strike.

Attacking from hiding, using action surge, and trip attack on the first attack.

1st attack: [roll0] or [roll1]
Damage on 1st attack: [roll2] and maneuver dice [roll3]
If a hit, the holem must make a DC 13 str save or be knocked on its clearance-sale polyester butt.

2nd attack: [roll4] (if the holem is tripped) [roll5]
Damage on the 2nd attack: [roll6]

... Wait a second... I forgot the duelist fighting style in my damage rolls.

So the first hit with the rapier should be 12, and the second (if it hits) should be 6. If all attacks hit, total damage this round it 19.

MenhirRocksolid
2015-06-13, 06:12 PM
Gni-Tor roars and nods in agreement with Chenly

Xhosant
2015-06-13, 06:41 PM
Fandus, looking at the three golems, adjusts his glasses as his staff's head is engulfed in a dark energy.

"How interesting constructs. I do wish we had the time to examine them..."

As he says that, a small, barely visible cloud flows out of his staff, engulfing the golem his ally attacked in an aura you'd have to look for to notice for a short moment, but the dark energy around the staff doesn't dissipate.

Instead, a forceful swing of the staff expels it in the same golem's direction in the shape of a purple, glowing blast, just as Fandus leaps backwards.

Hex on the same Holem, as a bonus action.

Move action to put more distance between myself and the golems, if there's room.

Standard action for Eldritch Blast: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] force damage, plus [roll2] necrotic from hex.

cigaw
2015-06-15, 07:43 AM

Team Dryad

"That seems like a sound plan, Chenly. The acorns will be safe with us and we might as well try to wrap everything up nicely before returning to the tree-daughters."

Elbeyon
2015-06-18, 04:51 PM
"Why not take the time now to examine them? I'm sure they would be more than willing to put their fists through your eye socket."

Liolya grabs at her belt, a few fingers trace the gemstone at her waist till it starts to fester a light inside. Her mouth foams, bubbles encircling and dripping down. The sea broth thickens, spins into sacs of thread till their weight causes them to miraculously roll across the floor toward the golems. A black color spreads throughout them as a mass of spiders swarm crawl through. Ten's of eggs given birth to thousands of a numerous species of spiders with the only desire of crawling every which way. Running, scurrying, spreading lines of sticky goo until they run out of web and pull themselves into a darkly colored ending string.

She barks something in Elvish and backs away from the ensuring fight.

"Anders, you better frakking tell me if you can understand. Keep the webs relevant If you can."

Cast Web: She is trying to cast web in the engagement zone, leaving her allies outside of the web and the enemies just inside of it. She'd like to catch them both in the webbing and if possible just before the fighting begins.
Move out: She's going to back away towards the door in the room, but enough to the side were she can't be seen from the outside.

Web
2nd-level conjuration
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S, M (a bit of spiderweb)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour

You conjure a mass of thick, sticky webbing at a point of your choice within range. The webs fill a 20-foot cube from that point for the duration. The webs are difficult terrain and lightly obscure their area.

If the webs aren’t anchored between two solid masses (such as walls or trees) or layered across a floor, wall, or ceiling, the conjured web collapses on itself, and the spell ends at the start of your next turn. Webs layered over a flat surface have a depth of 5 feet.

Each creature that starts its turn in the webs or that enters them during its turn must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is restrained as long as it remains in the webs or until it breaks free.

A creature restrained by the webs can use its action to make a Strength check against your spell save DC. If it succeeds, it is no longer restrained.

The webs are flammable. Any 5-foot cube o f webs exposed to fire burns away in 1 round, dealing 2d4 fire damage to any creature that starts its turn in the fire.

Xhosant
2015-06-20, 02:27 PM
"And that, would be precisely why."

Seeing the golems slow to react to their offensive (apparently their guide was the only one sighted), Fandus swiftly coalesced a second spear of inky black energy and fired it at the same target once more. In its wake, his staff seemed to be overgrown with thick, spiky vines, but an instant before the collapsed into a thin, purple aura around the staff, they turned black, more reminiscent now of tentacles, the thorns replaced with fangs. But that might have just been a flicker of the light.

Shillelagh as a bonus action.

Standard action for Eldritch Blast: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] force damage, plus [roll2] necrotic from hex.

Wartex1
2015-06-20, 02:37 PM
"If it helps, miss, I can understand it. Knowing your own languće can be fairly helpful in society."

After his remark at Liolya, Modartes sprinted away from the golems behind his allies, firing a single arrow of frost that trailer snowflakes behind it as it headed torwards one of the golems.

Uses cantrip shot feature from Sagittary with Ray of Frost. Slows movement by 10 until my next turn.
Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]

Elbeyon
2015-06-21, 11:13 AM
"Shut up, Modartes! We're trying to loot golems."

She mumbles some mumbo jumbo before a pain forks through her brain, "Ah!" Memories of her torturer reintroducing her mind to its wounds and her nearly broken body reacting to them. A mouthing of silent curses ensues. The idea fully conceptualized in all its painful remembrance she creates an illusion of her future ex-captor in the way of the golems.

Action: Minor Illusion to summon up an image of Liolya's torturer in front of the golems. Either blocking their path or if their path is already blocked in-between the goelms and Anders.
Movement: If the golem's paths are already blocked she moves behind some cover. If the golem's paths aren't blocked and if she could block them off by moving she'll take up position behind the illusion.
I hope you don't mind if Liolya is hostile towards Modartes. Tell me if it becomes a problem of any kind.

Philemonite
2015-06-23, 08:06 AM
Anders manages to land a blow on one of the Holems, and even though it wasn't too effective it did manage to do some damage. However, the Holem was too stable to be tripped.
Fandus barely manages to hit his target, but the attack was highly effective, managing to bypass Holem's defenses.
Liolya's spell was effective at both hindering enemies and not harming allies, and both Holems are covered with a thick layer of web.
Midartes's frost arrow cripples the target, and even though that is made redundant by Liolya's web, the damage it inflicted was very welcome.

Round 0
Anders deals 7 damage.
Fandus deals 16 damage.
Liolya webbed both Holems.
Midartes deals 6 damage.

Round 1
Fandus needs to roll attack again (advantage)
Liolya's illusion will fail to have any effect, since Holems have their order (protect the room), and they haven't received any other order.

Initiative
Fandus 20(Action taken, needs a reroll)
Liolya 20(Action taken)
Khazima 19
Holem 2 19
Anders 18
Holem 1 16
Midrates 10

Xhosant
2015-06-23, 08:22 AM
[roll0]

justcharstuffs

Xhosant
2015-06-23, 09:53 AM
Khazima leaps at the golem, cleaving at it with her handaxe. For a moment, observers think she put too much weight behind her blow, making her fall forward...

...but an instant later, her other hand lands first, and on it, she winds up her body, sending her feet flying in a circular motion, aiming low at the Golem.

Moving to attack range

[roll0] ([roll1]) to-hit, [roll2] damage

Spending Ki: Flurry of Blows+Open Hand Technique! 2 bonus unarmed attacks!

[roll3] ([roll4]) to-hit, [roll5]
[roll6] ([roll7]) to-hit, [roll8]

If either unarmed hits, the golem makes a dc12 Dex save to not fall prone. If it's already prone when hit, it makes a dc12 Str save to not be thrown 15ft. back.

If I get it prone, I spend the rest of my move retreating.

Philemonite
2015-06-25, 05:20 AM
Encouraged by his previous success, Fandus tries the same approach again, but this time the Holem barely manages to avoid the attack. However, most of Khazima's attacks manage to hit the target, even managing to knock it down. In response, the Holem tries to break free from the chains that bind it, but fails miserably. Liolya's illusion fails to have any effect on the Holems, in spite of the fact that it was very well crafted.

Fandus missed.
Kahzima deal 5 damage (last attack missed)
Holem fails to break the webs

Initiative
Anders 18
Holem 1 16
Midrates 10

Fandus 20
Liolya 20
Khazima 19
Holem 2 19

Gnomes2169
2015-06-26, 12:00 PM
"Yeah, yeah, that was sort of the plan!"

Already disappointed at how "effective" his blade was hitting (a wet noodle would likely be more effective), Anders made his next strike so that Mindartes would have an opening to attack with. "Elf ears, arrow!"

So first off the attack roll: [roll0] and advantage [roll1]

If I didn't get horrible luck on the prone target, here is damage: [roll2] And if I somehow got lucky, crit damage [roll3]

And then applying commander's strike to give Mindartes an attack against the prone (but restrained) holem. Would have had advantage if it wasn't prone, Khazima >_>: [roll4] and if I crit [roll5]

Xhosant
2015-06-26, 12:13 PM
Can I take the attack by spell? If not, I'm not in range.

Eldritch Blast: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] force damage, plus [roll2] necrotic from hex. can't cast like that.

Wartex1
2015-06-26, 12:26 PM
(since Commander's Strike uses weapon attacks...)

"You could just call me elf or M or Fancypants III if you'd like!" Midartes snarked as he loosed an arrow into the downed Holem.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Xhosant
2015-06-28, 12:21 PM
Pushing on the offensive, more orbs continue to form and be launched every time Fandus swings the staff.

Eldritch Blast: [roll0] to-hit, [roll1] force damage, plus [roll2] necrotic from hex.

Philemonite
2015-07-02, 11:41 AM
Following the first Holem's example, the other Holem tries to break free from Liolya's web. Like his companion, he also fails miserably, and continues to stand there looking (not so) pretty.

Being a nice DM suck, you people broke my encounter again.:smallannoyed:

Anders deals 5 damage.
Holem fails to break the webs.

Initiative
Midrates 10(You can use your rolls)

Fandus 20(Already acted. Twice.)
Liolya 20
Khazima 19
Holem 2 19
Anders 18
Holem 1 16

Elbeyon
2015-07-02, 04:50 PM
Liolya continues with her chanting, her arcane words almost starting to become a part of the background noise as they seem to never stop. She holds fast to her belt while her hat wildly flaps backwards in a nonexistent wind. A blue orb lifts out of her gem on the tip of her finger. The magic sphere gets braced towards the standing golem; a trio of blossoming beams of ice swirling outward creating a flowering display as they home onto their target. The frosty flower hangs in the air before it flickers out.

Attack [roll0][roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

Gnomes2169
2015-07-11, 03:14 AM
After cutting through some golems, killing living "portals" that constantly called in mephits, clearing out a literal hallway of traps, butchering dwarves and what he could swear were thieves, ending the life of a rather persistent and homicidal changeling, and then finding himself in the middle of a guild war... Well, really more a guild trying (and failing) to kill one man, Anders was understandably done with the day. Using his shield to protect himself from stray arrows bouncing off of the mad wizard's body, and interposing himself between Lyolia and said stray projectiles for much the same reason, the fighter just watched is silent terror as magic ravaged the entire squad of assassins, turning them into nothing more than red mist, blood splatters on the ground or pebbles.

When the other wizards showed up to deal with Irenicus, Anders remembered to add "tortured by this freak" to the list, and determined that he was, in fact, done with the entire month. When the mage surrendered, Anders was caught entirely by surprise... And grew even more concerned. No, if this man was that powerful, he wouldn't have simply given up like that. Something was wrong.

As the last sparks of light disappeared, the fighter mumbled out loud, "Why would he take her out of all of us?" Imoen hadn't proven herself to be particularly powerful, and given hiw she had literally just attacked their captor, it wasn't likely that she was his ally... So why her?

I hope you don't mind that I included the laundry list of other things in the intro stage of BG 2. Also, do we level up?

Philemonite
2015-07-12, 10:35 AM
After fighting their way through Holems, notyugh, dwarfs, mephits and a minor horde of goblins, the former prisoners finally find their way out of their captor's stronghold. The few keys you manage to find and use on strange pedestals grant you a few rather useful wand, in addition to safe passage. The strange sword that genie gave you, and not to mention rather nice equipment you managed to gather along the way was time well spent. But what happened next is more then surprising. Assassins, robed figures, destruction, chaos and the sorcerer himself. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhL8iKN3rVA) It all happened so fast, but the even remains permanently etched in your memory. And even though the situation is far from perfect, one thing that is more then welcome is the sunlight. For the first time in so many days you can breath the fresh air. Dazed and confused after the recent events, you find yourself in a strange and unfamiliar place. Still, the vast amount of merchants around you is more then good news, because if there is coin, there is information...

Elbeyon
2015-07-12, 04:13 PM
Liolya drags her dirt covered hand over her sweaty, grimy face before noticeably relaxing. "She must mean something to him compared to us." The memories room bedding slung over her back, full of hard earned treasure, she starts to climb out of the rubble.

"I don't really care though. I didn't give my consent to be experimented on. If he asked, maybe a different story would have spawned out of this. However, my month long stay here is finished."

"We," she points to everyone, "need to divide our compensation for our imprisonment. I'm going to relax for a couple of days in this terrible, horrible city. Become a person again, and figure out things from there. I have a feeling it's going to be a northward trip out of this nation. Candlekeep, possibly.." The rough rubble pressures her under-dressed self in uncomfortable ways. Finally, she gets to the stairs, sighs quickly as to finish her stressful climb, and looks out over the city. "Crappy, anti-magic city."

She looks to the group. "I want an inn. Does anyone have a problem with spending some of our undivided coin to get some rooms?"

Wartex1
2015-07-12, 04:20 PM
"No, I would not, but on one condition:" Midartes paused as he rubbed his forehead and cracked his neck. "It has to have some sort of washroom where I can clean my hair."

Gnomes2169
2015-07-12, 06:27 PM
Liolya drags her dirt covered hand over her sweaty, grimy face before noticeably relaxing. "She must mean something to him compared to us." The memories room bedding slung over her back, full of hard earned treasure, she starts to climb out of the rubble.

"I don't really care though. I didn't give my consent to be experimented on. If he asked, maybe a different story would have spawned out of this. However, my month long stay here is finished."

"We," she points to everyone, "need to divide our compensation for our imprisonment. I'm going to relax for a couple of days in this terrible, horrible city. Become a person again, and figure out things from there. I have a feeling it's going to be a northward trip out of this nation. Candlekeep, possibly.." The rough rubble pressures her under-dressed self in uncomfortable ways. Finally, she gets to the stairs, sighs quickly as to finish her stressful climb, and looks out over the city. "Crappy, anti-magic city."

She looks to the group. "I want an inn. Does anyone have a problem with spending some of our undivided coin to get some rooms?"

Anders... didn't like thinking about why the mage took the girl. Either he was closer to what he wanted with her, or... or he was just grasping for whatever excuse he could to grab one of them and take them away. If he had escaped just based on luck... holding back a compulsive shudder, Anders nodded to Lyolia, "I have no objections to that plan. However, I don't think I'm going to Candlekeep." Looking about while standing on top of a piece of rubble, Anders mumbled, "Somewhere in the south... looks like a Promenade, and with mages that run around speaking like they are fancy, all-important gods on the world..."

Thinking back on all the places Rieze told him about, Anders couldn't help but laugh. "Well then, a few months behind schedule and a few more scars then I would have liked, but I'm still on track. Trademeet is only a small ways away from Athlatka if I recall." Well at least there was that going for him. "Good news for you Lyolia and Fandus, you can bribe the local mages to not caring what you do with magic here. Rieze was going to do the same thing when she passed through."

"No, I would not, but on one condition:" Midartes paused as he rubbed his forehead and cracked his neck. "It has to have some sort of washroom where I can clean my hair."

"And for once, I agree with you! Would you look at that..." Anders said, whatever mirth was in his voice evaporated like the morning dew. Looking about the promanade, the warrior added, "I have had enough being covered in my own blood. Now let's find someone who can tell us where to go in this place." Luckily for him the promanade had been mostly evacuated by the local populace due to the combat, otherwise Anders... might be having some problems right now. This would probably be a bit of trouble for the local circus's business, come to think of it... oh well, sucks for them. Anders is going to find a room to get some sleep in.

Xhosant
2015-07-12, 06:45 PM
"I would stand in favour of heading for Candlekeep, as well. If nothing else, my disapearance will have raised some eyebrows, and I'd be eager to offer these books to the library."

After hearing Anders, an idea takes root in his mind. "Would you know the price this bribery carries? And, perhaps as importantly, do you think we could buy our saviour's freedom? It would seem to be our duty, at this moment."

Gnomes2169
2015-07-12, 07:20 PM
After hearing Anders, an idea takes root in his mind. "Would you know the price this bribery carries? And, perhaps as importantly, do you think we could buy our saviour's freedom? It would seem to be our duty, at this moment."

Anders shrugged at the questions, "I'm not sure what the prices would be exactly, or if freeing a prisoner is possible, but from what I've heard, everything in Amn can be bought... for a price. I'd assume that we could ask about it in the headquarters for... whatever organization these wizards belong to. Or the government center. One way or the other." It wasn't like Rieze had gotten into too many details about Amn's political climate, he just had the bare minimum understanding.

Elbeyon
2015-07-12, 07:21 PM
"Good." She lets out a single chuckle, "If anyone loved coin so much, that'd rather live in filth. I would have put them back in the hole we just crawled out." As people go about laying out their plans Liolya meets them with indifference, or a friendly interest if they line up with her trajectory. Locking on Fandus in particular when he mentions Candlekeep, she gives an approving smile and nod. "Share a book or two with me. I'd like to gain entrance too."

Alongside Fandus question Liolya looks to Anders. Curious about the bribes costs.

"Alright. We need more information. My fingers are twitching with energy. My minds aflame resisting not to reflexively conjure up some comfort. Let's ask around for an inn and information about these mage users."

Xhosant
2015-07-12, 07:24 PM
"We got enough for all of us, don't we?"

Gnomes2169
2015-07-12, 07:29 PM
"Well we seem to be in the market district... maybe we can find a merchant to talk to?" Anders suggested, glancing about at the stalls. "Someone must have been willing to stay, so that they could be the first one to re-open... but I say bed and bath first, then questions later. Perhaps find something to do to make a bit more money for any journey we might be making."

Elbeyon
2015-07-13, 02:08 PM
She nods, agreeing with both of them. "Let's try to make some quick coin for we can afford our lovely inn." She makes her way down the stairs towards the stalls. Her eyes looking every which way, alert to the dangers of city life.

The first merchant, Mira, she sees is approached by her and any following company. "Open for business?" She glances towards the freshly burning landscape behind her. "We just arrived here, and we're overly prepared. Do you know a place where we could sell some gear. Armor and weapons, mostly. Nothing, too much." She looks at her with an unmasked face shouting, "I'm trying to sell you stuff."

Liolya will start asking around (possible posing a quick question or two to Mira) about an inn, a bookmaker & scribes place (she wants to buy some fine ink for copying spells), and the wizard's fee. Really, about the wizards in general.

cigaw
2015-07-14, 12:34 PM
Noruinir Noldosime, Half-Elf Paladin - 36/36HP | 16AC (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=200838)

As the group begins to move, they hear a stifled call for help. Moments later, a large boulder is dislodged and tumbles down adding itself to the debris. Dragging himself from the wreckage is the battered half-elf Paladin. He rubs his bruised ribs and wheezes as he catches his breath, his ears and eyes still dazzled by the potent magical display. He stares sadly at the spot where the girl Imoen stood only moments before.

"I am glad to see you all made it out," Noruinir says in a friendly tone. "Rest is in short order and I'll be glad to join you in locating an Inn and searching for information." He steps in front of the survivors, clasping them lightly on the shoulders, before continuing. "We cannot, however, abandon that poor girl. I know I would still be locked in the thrice-damned cage, away from light and nature and, after this explosion, probably now dead. My own oaths demand that I try and rescue her and that I shall do; but first, rest and food!" He then beams with a wide smile that fails to reach his eyes.

Philemonite
2015-07-21, 10:24 AM
"This is the City of Coin my friend, anything can be bought for the right price. I would be more then happy to provide you with any standard adventuring gear you might need. And I can give you a fair share of gold for any spare gear you might have. If you are looking for anything special, and you have enough gold to spare, Adventurer's Mart is the place for you. You can also find any wizardry tools you might need, but try to stay away from Cowled Wizards. Their protection might be good for the city, but it really hurts us merchants." Mira pauses to give you warm smile, merchant's favorite tool, before she continues with the information. "And since you are new to this city I would suggest you visit The Copper Coronet. It's not cleanest establishment, but it is sure to provide you with entertainment and information."

Gnomes2169
2015-07-22, 12:56 AM
While he began unpacking items from his big bag 'o dungeon lewt (the mundane stuff, really), Anders asked, "Is this place usually so dead? Not that I'm complaining, but from what I recall this is not the normal level of activity for a bustling market place, let alone the market of the City of Coin." Looking about, Anders almost mumbles, "The wizards must have had some effect of course, but you'd expect at least a [i]few opportunistic looters to have crawled out of the wood work by now..." Clicking his tongue lightly, Anders asked, So is any other trouble plaguing the city, or was the battle just the icing on the cake of bad business? I can't imagine many merchants have wanted to come down from the north, given the bandit activity and threat of war with Baldur."

And here is a point where Ander's capture and the length of his imprisonment can be dated. Last he'd heard, Baldur was still slowly falling under Sarevok's control, and the Iron Crisis was about to erupt into war with Amn. Not sure if these would actually still be current events, actually, given no PC's have been around to stop Sarevok's plans... I'm actually curious to know what the answer is now. o.o

Philemonite
2015-07-27, 10:27 AM
"The wizards are part of it, but there are other problems. Word on the street is that Shadow Thieves are having some trouble. Streets are no longer safe at nights, and people are afraid to walk the streets. I suggest you find a place to rest for the night, this place should be crowded tomorrow morning."

Xhosant
2015-07-27, 11:02 AM
Fandus tries to recall if he knows anything about the Shaodw Thieves, and the Cowled Wizards for that matter.

[roll0]
[roll1]

+4 if arcana, history or investigation. +2 otherwise.

Gnomes2169
2015-07-29, 02:29 AM
"The wizards are part of it, but there are other problems. Word on the street is that Shadow Thieves are having some trouble. Streets are no longer safe at nights, and people are afraid to walk the streets. I suggest you find a place to rest for the night, this place should be crowded tomorrow morning."

"Hmmm... well then, we would definitely like getting somewhere to rest. However, could you tell us where this Copper Cornet is located? Also, what other ins might we be able to find in the city, and where might we go to find them?" He asked, rolling his shoulders slightly. All of the stuff should be sold by now.

Wartex1
2015-07-29, 04:55 PM
"There might be signs around." Midartes spoke up.

Gnomes2169
2015-07-29, 05:14 PM
"Likely, but I don't think walking through the entire city tonight to find all of them is a particularly good idea, Mindarta."

Anders will never get Midartes' name right. It's official.