PDA

View Full Version : A Firestorm Over Citacar Mar

Jormengand
2015-05-22, 05:25 PM
"Welcome to my invention. Welcome to my world. Welcome to the game."

The words still ring in your ears as you are taken to your new home. What do they mean?

"Welcome to my invention."

Who could come up with this? A world torn into warring nations, not a single one at all like any other, and this... a tiny fishing village, left abandoned to grow into this sprawling mass.

"Welcome to my world."

And these people have to live in this world? This world that if this person's simple greeting is to be believed is just a creation of an overactive imagination? Who would make this?

"Welcome to the game."

And is this just a game? Who would make all this just to laugh at the poor people who had to live there? None of this makes sense.

All words are swept from your mind as you see the observatory for the first time.

dethkruzer
2015-05-23, 03:59 PM
Everything still seemed so surreal to him. His senses still seemed to register everything with a slight delay. People stopped in the street to look at him, his pitch-black wings and chest-gem unlike anything they had seen. The raven cast down his gaze at his hand as he slowly clenched it into a fist. His sense slowly seemed to be getting back into snch, but as he cast his eyes upward, he saw something that stole his breath away.

What he saw up on the mountain left him awestruck. He slowly walked towards it, his only thought on getting up there. A familliar tightness was felt in his chest as his wings unfolded and extended to their full length, those around him backing off. Another familliar feeling, a much needed warmth, ignited in his chest. He lift up his hand before him, and while for a moment, nothing happened, it was after about fifteen seconds that one could see something. The air was visibly vibrating above his hand, small arcs of electricty jumping out of the ball of condensing and rapidly heating gas. Z'tiphen slowly closed his hand around it, before opening it again, revealing a small sphere of light, not much larger than a marble, but shining with a brilliant white.

His hand closed around the small ball of fusing gas, and his wings slowly began to flap. With each flap, his skin began to glow, intenisfying with every stroke. After a few more beats, he leaped, his body flaring up in a blinding, brilliant white, as another stroke of his wings sent him rocketing skyward, leaving below a dazzled, and most likely terrified audience.

Much of that is basically just fluff, but the hard facts is a Shooting Star boost, combined with a flying run action, that just shot me straight up about 160 ft.

The light faded quickly, as did the boost in speed. He slowly turned toward the observatory, until finally he had achieved level flight. By now, that surreal feeling was all but gone, the wind in his hair, slipping over his feathers, that sense of freedom that flight brought. It all reminded him just how good it felt to be alive.

Jormengand
2015-05-23, 04:43 PM
You gaze upon the observatory of Citacar Mar, the massive telescope looming far above the rest of the city. As you observe it, so do the people of the city look upon you in wonder, waiting for your input on the situation in which they find themselves.

dethkruzer
2015-05-25, 11:55 AM
He slowly circled over the city several times, slowly gaining altitude as he tried to take note of any possible locations of interest. After several minutes, he turned toward the observatory and dropped into a slight dive.

Upon reaching it, Z'tiphen brings himself to a halt, dropping onto the ground. He then takes a moment to readjust the canvas strap on his googles, before approaching the observatory by foot, seeing if he might find a door.

Jormengand
2015-05-27, 07:09 PM
You do indeed see a door - not a particularly special one, mind you, but a door at that. It's closed, but doesn't seem to have a lock - or even so much as a handle, though it looks easy enough just to push.

dethkruzer
2015-05-28, 10:10 AM
Z'tiphen approaches the door, a bit wary. He knock on the door. "Hello? Is anyone here?" He calls out, raising he voice lightly in doing so.

If no one opens the door, he will attempt to open the door and step inside.

Jormengand
2015-05-28, 07:00 PM
The observatory is empty, apart from a few chairs and the end of the giant telescope pointing into the room.

dethkruzer
2015-05-29, 09:54 AM
Z'tiphen steps toward the telescope, and although the urge is there, rerains from touching it, for fearing of breaking something. He looks around, somewhat disappointed. He wished to learn more of this marvelous device, but it seems that would have to be left for another time. He then turns to leave the observatory.

The hell raven spreads his wings as he leaps off the mountainside, gently gliding down to the city below. He lands, before addresing one of the nearby citzens. "I wish to meet with the leade of this place, where may I find them?" He asks, his tone straightforward and demanding.

Jormengand
2015-06-01, 09:20 AM
"Good question. This place hasn't had a leader in quite some time, though if you want the guy who throws the most weight around, that'd probably be the druid Elavantis, or Doavel, the commander of the militia. They'll probably show up at the council meeting house soon." The man indicates the house, which you can just see not too far away. "Along with the other council members, anyway."

dethkruzer
2015-06-03, 11:38 AM
"I see... You have my thanks." He says, before reaching into a small pouch, pulling out a silver coin, and flicking it to the man.

Z'tiphen then once again took flight, going toward the house the man had pointed out.