PDA

View Full Version : New skill tricks

Zagreen
2007-04-21, 02:07 PM
I really liked the idea of skill tricks from Complete Scoundrel but thought the list of tricks was a little bit on the short side. So here are a couple of my own I thought up.

Surgical Strike [Manipulation]
Your attacks are exactly as deadly as you intend them to be: no more and no less.
Prerequisite: Heal 8 ranks

After a successful attack you can attempt a DC 15 Heal check as a free action to designate the damage from your attack as subdual damage at no penalty. You do not need to decide to use this trick until the results of your attack have been announced.

One Step Ahead [Mental]
You can see through your opponents' moves to predict exactly where they're heading next.
Prerequisite: Sense Motive 12 ranks

If you succeed on your Sense Motive check to beat an enemy's Bluff check to feint in combat, you can choose to deny your opponent's Dexterity bonus to AC against your next melee attack on or before your next turn, just as if you had succeeded on a feint attempt against them.

Jump Start [Movement]
You can use the momentum of your leaps to power your charges.
Prerequisite: Jump 12 ranks

When using a standard action to attack, you can attempt a DC 20 Jump check to treat your attack as a charge. Unlike a normal charge this attack has no movement requirements or restrictions and can even be taken after using other movement in the same turn, but is treated as a charge in all other regards. You must be standing on the ground to use this trick.

Extraordinary Hearing [Mental]
Your astonishing auditory acuity alerts you to unseen attacks.
Prerequisite: Listen 12 ranks

When you are attacked by an invisible opponent within 30 feet of you, you can attempt a Listen check as a free action to pinpoint their location. If you succeed, you do not lose your Dexterity bonus against their attack.

Kid Gloves [Interaction]
You have a subtle but very persuasive style of intimidation.
Prerequisite: Intimidate 8 ranks

After you have successfully used the intimidate skill to change another's behavior, their attitude returns to its previous default rather than shifting to unfriendly (or hostile).

You can use this trick as often as you wish, but can only ever use it a single time against a given target. Repeated intimidation uses on the same target still results in their attitude shifting as normal.