PDA

View Full Version : There is no God of Martial Arts

Obscurejones
2015-05-22, 10:39 PM
i.
There is no God of Martial Arts. In every kingdom, in every corner of Creation, and even in those few worlds beyond Creation's shores, this is known. There are certainly practitioners within the rolls of divinity. But no single God lays claim to the practice as a whole. To do so would be an act of phenomenal power. Nearly every creature in creation practices some form of martial arts, whether is be the stylized forms created and expanded upon by the exalted, ritualistic calisthenics, or simply throwing a punch in a tavern brawl. To claim dominion over the Martial Arts a god would have to have power exceeding those of the Incarnae and the Primordials that preceded them. So, there is no God of Martial Arts.

ii.
The obelisks are beautiful. They are without compare. Sages have surveyed them and to a man, woman, and reptile they agree that they are magnificent wonders. They are composed of at least the five basic magical materials. But even lesser substances are present. Orhalicum, Moonsilver, Soulsteel, Starmetal, and Jade, but also Adamant, Brass, Obsidian, and Gossamer. In the south a sage believes he saw a vein of cerulean fluid running through one obelisk, that smelled faintly of blood and ozone. There are no seems upon the structures, no seeming signs of their construction. They appeared as one, suddenly and without warning. They bore a simple message, repeating infinitely across the surface in every tongue.

iii.
"I am the God of Martial Arts. And I call for a tournament. I will determine who is the greatest champion in all the worlds. I offer power beyond imagining. I will reshape the world to suit the victor. This is my vow. If you are brave. If you are prepared, if you wish to compete, place your hand upon this."

iv.

The obelisks invite you.

JonRG
2015-05-22, 11:09 PM
The obelisk is... there. In his way. That's just about all he can say for it. The beauty and the text escape him for some reason. After brief contemplation, Vayu removes one of his gloves and runs a hand across its surface. Only way to figure out what he was dealing with. If nothing else, he'd learn its material composition.

Kell_tamer
2015-05-22, 11:32 PM
"Well... that's big." The small girl in the mask looks over the obelesk cautiously. "yes it is my expert opinion that it is big."

Obscurejones
2015-05-22, 11:35 PM
i.
As Vayu reaches out to touch the obelisk it ripples and flows beneath his fingertips. Nodules of jade spring up to meet his caress, spelling out a new message in a simple script known to many of the sightless.
"I am the God of Martial Arts. And I call for a tournament. I will determine who is the greatest champion in all the worlds. I offer power beyond imagining. I will reshape the world to suit the victor. This is my vow. If you are brave. If you are prepared, if you wish to compete, speak your consent while your hand is upon this."

ii.
The Obelisk is about fifteen feet high.

ChaosArchon
2015-05-22, 11:40 PM
Ren scoffs, a god of martial arts, probably just some jackass anathema who thought they were all that and a bag of chips. Still, there's no denying the obelisk is rather pretty.

Dante Falcon
2015-05-22, 11:59 PM
Amidst the noon desert dunes, somewhere south of Paragon...

"I must advise against touching the obelisk Lady-" A hand placed against the obelisk. "Sorry what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome this obelisk is."

Rin had already taken a step back as Lares tried once again futilely to stop her. He really didn't get Earth Aspects it seemed.

JonRG
2015-05-23, 12:09 AM
Vayu's jaw hangs open a bit as he parses the last of the message. God of Martial Arts... There was no such thing, but something had certainly created this - feels like jade - obelisk right in his path, and it claimed to be holding a tournament. One that surely some, if not all, of the Anathema would attend. Perhaps, this would be his chance to show his house, nay, the entire Realm, once and for all that he wasn't some cripple warranting their pity. He rests his entire hand against the obelisk's surface. "I accept your challenge."

ChaosArchon
2015-05-23, 12:44 AM
Ren slides his hand along the words of the obelisk, tracing the words "god of martial arts" while frowning.

josienoms
2015-05-23, 10:59 AM
Tezcalt pinches the base of her saurian snout, right below her eyes, with two claws. Those familiar with her know that the gesture almost always precedes an exasperated sigh.

"Yes, darling. It is big."

And there came the sigh. Her feathers ruffle, her tail twitches in agitation.

"But there are a few rather more important details about the obelisk. I wonder if you've noticed them as well."

Kell_tamer
2015-05-23, 11:11 AM
"Well i mean yeah, its asking for challengers in the quest to become a god of martial arts." She looks up at her companion.

"think we should enter?" She tilts her head to the side. "More importantly you think the man in black will be there?"

josienoms
2015-05-23, 11:19 AM
"It's possible. Maybe even likely."

She shrugs.

"I do think that you should enter. Not because you may have your chance to face him, but because of what you could do. You could achieve greatness there."

A small smile. That's all she can muster at the moment.

OracleofSilence
2015-05-23, 11:22 AM
"Of course we should. And I have no idea. If he went out of his way to... Well, he did what he did and that makes it sounds like he has something to prove. So probably."

Dian rolls his eyes slightly at Tezcalt's prodding, more out of habit then irritation. "And as usual, our feathered friend misses the point. Greatness my ass, this sounds like the best time anyone's offered me since I left the realm."

Kell_tamer
2015-05-23, 12:32 PM
"Ahh peer pressure... alright big... thing... WE ACCEPT! i guess... "

She looks on the obelisk for something to indicate how to accept. Was probably better than going back to Gem at the moment... Realm was on high alert and she didn't want to have to deal with the hunt again today.

Obscurejones
2015-05-26, 12:54 AM
i.
It takes a moment for Vayu's senses to react to the change. He feels it first in his sense of balance. There is a sudden sensation like falling, but he is certain that his feet never leave the ground. He feels the air around him go still. The faint wind, the flow of air in open space is gone. Within moments he is certain that he is standing in a small room, with... Metallic walls. Roughly three yards in front of Vayu there is what seems to be a desk, and seated behind it a human being. He can hear the steady beating of their heart. They seem calm.
"Good morrow honored, Prince of the Earth. You are welcomed to the Tournament. Would you prefer to read the rules in your own time, or would you like for them to be announced to you?"

ii.
On the off chance that our young luchador is illiterate, it seems likely that one of her companions could read the inscription for her.

iii.
Is Ren on his own or traveling with any companions?

JonRG
2015-05-26, 01:27 AM
Vayu nods to return the greeting. "I'd like to hear them now and receive a copy for future reference, if you could."

Kell_tamer
2015-05-26, 08:34 AM
The little Luchador grumbles at the universe's sass and places her hand upon the obelisk waiting for her friends to follow suit. "You guy's joining in?"

ChaosArchon
2015-05-26, 12:10 PM
A cool breeze plays with Ren's hair as he continues to inspect the pillar of opulence, alone in a field in between two towns.

Smeggedoff
2015-05-26, 04:00 PM
Bandit eyes the obelisk suspiciously, walking around it a few times before giving up in disgust

"Nope, no idea. I guess it did just appear out of nowhere" she mumbles

"whatever it is, it reeks of magic" replies a voice from her collar "so don't kick it"

Bandit lowers her leg before replying sheepishly "I wasn't gonna..."

BlueHerring
2015-05-26, 07:25 PM
Tenera was far more interested in the obelisk than Bandit's antics. It was... an interesting piece of work. The sheer logistics of just building something like that was far beyond his capabilities, and he was a Solar craftsman.

"I wouldn't try that," Tenera said, leaning on his wooden staff. "That thing is made out of every magical material I can identify, and isn't something thrown together hastily. It might have protective enchantments."

Tenera scratched at the stubble on his chin and stepped closer to the obelisk. His fingers traced along a line of Old Realm, and his eyes widened.

"That... can't be right. There's no such thing as a God of Martial Arts..." Tenera's brow furrowed, and he focused, trying to read the Essence signature of the obelisk.

Gonna use All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight and a Intelligence + Occult roll to try and identify the Essence signature.

[roll0]

Mote totals are pending, since I'm on my phone.

OracleofSilence
2015-05-26, 07:33 PM
Dian coughs slightly sheepishly, his hand already pressed against the pillar. "Umm. Right. Yeah. Glad you're interested."

josienoms
2015-05-27, 09:51 AM
Tezcatl's claws rap impatiently on the surface.

"Yes, we accept. Can we end the theatrics and get to the point already?"

Smeggedoff
2015-05-27, 07:24 PM
Bandit makes a dismissive noise
"Then the job's free no? If you stand on the mountain, yell it's yours, and fight off anyone who disagrees, then is as good as true no?"

Obscurejones
2015-06-01, 12:30 AM
i.
As soon as the pint sized Luchador lays her hand upon the obelisk she feels the sun on her face and finds herself in an open air courtyard. Looking up she can see that open air is perhaps incorrect as she is actually under a several hundred foot ceiling. At the top of the ceiling a great glowing disk of orhalicum carved in the shape of the Zenith caste symbol is moving across on what appear to be embedded iron rails. As it moves she can see that the symbol is reshaping itself, great plates of orhalicum sliding back and forth to begin to reconfigure its shape into the symbol for Twilight. Approximately ten feet in front of her is a desk, seemingly composed of either orhalicum or solid gold. A plain unassuming man is seated behind it. He greets her warmly.
"Good day, Honored Lawgiver. You are welcomed to the Tournament. Would you prefer to read the rules in your own time, or would you like for them to be announced to you?"
As he reaches the end of his greeting her scaly companion pops into being beside her.
"Good day, Lord of the Green. Would you prefer to read the rules in your own time, or would you like for them to be announced to you?"

ii.
Vayu can sense the man's nod of his head and there is a slight clatter as something slides out of his desk. He holds out the resulting tablet while reciting aloud.
"There will be kept a public record of those competing in the tournament. This will be kept at a central obelisk in each of the districts of the city. To challenge a fellow competitor you must declare your intent to challenge at one of the obelisks. Once it has been declared a challenge is held for 25 hours, at which point combat is considered open between the competitors. Combat may then be joined at any place within the city. If you wish for a more formal combat it is recommended that when those 25 hours are up you find yourself in the arena at the center of the city, but this is not required.

Your declared opponent may opt to decline your invitation and you may decline any open invitation but to do so will be considered a loss. Each competitor is allowed three losses at which point they are barred from further competition.

Combat is non-lethal, but this will be enforced by the city and is not a stricture on the competitors. Well the precise nature of this enforcement is not known to me, I am assured by those on high that it is in effect perfectly maintained.

Attacking an opponent without a declared challenge is in violation of the rules and will result in your return to the obelisk at which you accepted the challenge. You may then reenter the city, but should this happen five times you will be barred from further competition.

Do you require any clarification of these rules as they have been presented to you?"

As he finishes Vayu can feel the displacement of air as another person simply... Appears, next to him. As he processes this new arrival he can hear her (As her proportions seem to be female) being greeted by the man behind the desk.

iii.
As Ren touches the obelisk it... Sputters? Sparks of essence pop off the top of the obelisk and a sound like gears grinding against one another can be heard from within it. A message appears where once the challenge lay.
'Please hold. We are attempting to sort your request.'

iv.
Talemia as you touch the Obelisk you feel a gentle shift in the air and find yourself in a small office, walls seemingly composed of jade forged steel, iron with streaks of the colors of dragons. To your left is a masked fellow with the marks common to an Air Aspect. Roughly ten feet in front of you is a plain clerk behind a desk seemingly of solid red jade.
"Good morrow honored, Prince of the Earth. You are welcomed to the Tournament. Would you prefer to read the rules in your own time, or would you like for them to be announced to you?"

JonRG
2015-06-01, 12:42 AM
Vayu shakes his head. "No clarification is required. Thank you." He starts at the sudden appearance of another contestant. Terrestrial, judging by how they were greeted. Best to wait for her to speak. Perhaps it's someone that he knows.

Obscurejones
2015-06-01, 12:58 AM
i.
Dian as you touch the obelisk you feel the air wrench and turn wrong. The ground beneath your feet feels soft and sandy for a moment and then you find yourself in dark room. The thin light that comes in through the windows on either side of you is a familiar green. The ground beneath your feet is basalt cobble. The walls are verdigris'd brass. Sitting in front of you, roughly ten feet away is a desk made of hammered brass free of green stain. Sitting behind it is a plain looking clerk, the only sign of demonic influence two small horns on his temples and a slightly reddish complexion. As he speaks you can see that his teeth come to points, like a sharks.
"Good day, Green Sun Prince. You are welcomed to the Tournament. Would you prefer to read the rules in your own time, or would you like for them to be announced to you?"

ii.

For a brief moment the Obelisk threatens to overwhelm Tenera's enhanced senses. It seems to flare with impossibly bright light and then is muted, as though doing its best not to harm him. Though the nature of the Obelisk's essence is concealed from him, its make is obviously beyond any creation he has seen before.
Artifact rating N/A

OracleofSilence
2015-06-01, 01:50 AM
"On my own time, thank you." Dian takes in his surroundings, slightly ill at ease. "So what's with the decor? Some weird effort to make those like me feel at home?"

Obscurejones
2015-06-01, 02:26 AM
i.
"My apologies if this makes you uncomfortable. Now that you've arrived you can of course feel free to travel to a different district and request an apartment there. As you are a Green Sun Prince you have arrived in the Brass District and have an apartment ready here."

BlueHerring
2015-06-01, 08:02 AM
Tenera shields his eyes from the bonfire of light, and quickly turns off his enhanced sight. He leans against his walking stick, apparently worn out from just staring at the obelisk in its true state.

"Unless that mountain happens to be Qaf, but I digress, " Tenera says, looking over at Bandit. "Honestly, I don't see any other alternative. Whatever this is, though, it's powerful. It's far beyond anything I can make, and definitely more powerful than anything I've ever seen."

Tenera eyes the obelisk, and walks toward Bandit, only stopping when he's beside her.

"Well, we could try accepting this at the same time. I... don't really like getting involved in something like this, but if it gets us closer to our thieves..."

Kell_tamer
2015-06-01, 08:03 AM
The Littlest Luchador Lawgiver looks up at the Lurching Light. "That's uh, that's pretty cool right there." She actually means it.

She looks to the man who greeted her. "I can read them, low realm if you have it!"

She looks around. "Where is Dian?" She has a genuine concern about her, they had been traveling a while now and despite their bit of rivalry in terms of who is a stronger person, she had grown attached to the guy.

josienoms
2015-06-01, 09:33 AM
"I'll read them as well, thank you."

At least someone could be polite and afford proper respect in this day and age.

Obscurejones
2015-06-01, 10:16 AM
i.
A faint whirring is heard from within the desk and two talismans produced. The first is a plain orhalicum disk. In raised relief can be seen a fairly long paragraph of low realm. The second is a small earthenware pot with a vining plant within. Words, beautiful calligraphy of the high holy speech are there on every leaf.
"Dian..."
The clerk slides a hand across the desk and a miniature obelisk slides up into view.
"Assuming you are referring to Tepet Dian he is in the district of Brass. However he had already expressed a dislike of the region and will likely join you here within the hour."

Kell_tamer
2015-06-01, 10:25 AM
"Thank you!" She smiled relieved. Aska took the disc and started reading over it.

Smeggedoff
2015-06-01, 12:18 PM
Bandit takes on a look of grim determination
"un!" she declares "let's go"
Waiting for Tenera, Bandit reaches out for the obelisk

BlueHerring
2015-06-01, 12:42 PM
Tenera nodded, and raised his hand in tandem with Bandit's. As their hands touched the obelisk, Tenera spoke, chanting in Old Realm.

"We accept your terms, God of Martial Arts."

ChaosArchon
2015-06-01, 05:00 PM
Ren raises an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed by the organization of whoever really made the obelisks. "Yeah well sort it faster pal, I don't have an eternity now do I."

Dante Falcon
2015-06-01, 10:32 PM
Talemia was marginally concerned about the sudden shift in environment, feet shifting slightly in preparation to fight before realizing there wasn't really a threat here. The clerk got barely a passing look as she was more interested in the Air Aspect sharing the room. Her response was almost automatic as she tried to remember why he was familiar. "I'll look in my own time thanks."

JonRG
2015-06-01, 11:01 PM
Vayu hesitates until a name springs to his lips. "Tali?" He takes a step towards her. "It's Vayu, from school." Others usually rely on sight to identify people, don't they? Disconcerting. "Of course. Just a moment." Vayu reaches back and undoes the strap of his mask to reveal a handsome face. Though making a considerable effort to appear otherwise, his eyes are clearly sightless. "Do you recognize me now?"

Dante Falcon
2015-06-01, 11:09 PM
"Vayu! Of course I remember you. There aren't exactly a ton of blind exalts running around you know." She stopped after saying that. Rin would probably say that wasn't the best phrasing. "Ah...sorry. So where did you end up? I mean outside of the obelisk, I'm pretty sure you weren't in the desert with me."

JonRG
2015-06-01, 11:59 PM
Vayu's smile fades, but it returns just as quickly. Who could forget Tali's tendency to jam both feet down her throat? "That there aren't. I've been engaged in house business on the Isle. Rather mundane. What about you?"

OracleofSilence
2015-06-02, 12:13 AM
"Not uncomfortable per se. Just surprised. And a Brass district? Where exactly is this?" Dian shrugs briefly to himself. "Whatever, can I have my copy of the rules?"

Dante Falcon
2015-06-02, 05:11 AM
"Been moving around the South with a mentor, because I just couldn't get enough of being a student at the Bells. Though I'm not sure what my mentor sees in me. He keeps trying to teach me all that philosophy nonsense...and then gives up when he realizes none of it is sinking in. I'm getting better so something must be working." She leaned a bit against the walls of the room and tried not to shift around. Her feet were still covered in sand and it seemed rude to spread sand over this office.

josienoms
2015-06-02, 09:54 AM
"I..."

She grumbles as she looks over the masterful craftsmanship. While she appreciates the effort that went into it, the tongue is entirely indecipherable to her.

"In this life, I haven't relearned how to speak High Holy Speech."

She carefully sets it back down on the desk.

"I'll just share."

She grumpily reads over Aska's shoulder.

Obscurejones
2015-06-02, 11:13 PM
i.
"This is the City. In the City the tournament will take place. You are currently in the District of Brass. It would appear that within picoseconds of your arrival there was a dual arrival within the District of Gold. Likely your friends."
With a sound of metal tearing itself free, a high pitched squeal a brass bone shoots up and out of the desk. The clerk's hand is a practiced blur as he snatches it out of the air and holds it out to Dian.
"The rules, sir."
If Dian looks closely he can see faint green verdigris on the bone, decay in the shape of old realm script.
ii.
"Our apologies, Ma'am."
The clerk's voice lets loose with a rapid fire series of rasps and caws and the plant twists and warps, shedding and regrowing its leaves in seconds. The leaves now bear Old Realm instead of High Holy Speech.
"I hope this is acceptable?"
iii.
With a subtle hum Tenera feels himself slip sideways and he appears beside... A rather large lizard. And a rather small masked wrestler.
"Good day, Honored Lawgiver. You are welcomed to the Tournament. Would you prefer to read the rules in your own time, or would you like for them to be announced to you?"
iv.
The universe burps.

And Bandit is in a forest. Vibrant, green, evergreen in fact. Pine, interspersed with birch. A silver haired person is sprawled on a moonsilver blob of a chair, limbs pointing every which way. When they speak it is with a thousand voices, some whispering, some shouts, all seemingly bemused.
"Howdy."

Kell_tamer
2015-06-02, 11:23 PM
The little one sets the disc back down when she's done.

"So, will there be someone able to show us around or anything?"

BlueHerring
2015-06-03, 01:06 AM
Tenera leans against his walking stick. Compared to the wrestler - probably another Solar - he did not look like a Solar at all. He was plainly dressed, with a dark brown traveling robe and simple clothes underneath it. Granted, the artifacts in his traveling pack betrayed that, but the pack itself was just a simple, worn, leather pack.

Tenera scratched at the stubble on his chin as he eyed the Dragon King out of the corner of his eyes. Now, that was interesting. He would have to talk with... her(?) after all of this was over. But for now, he had more pressing concerns.

"I... am not here to participate directly in the tournament. I am not a fighter. I am a craftsman and healer both, and I touched the obelisk because I thought that it might help someone I care about." Tenera stops at this, and turns around. He hadn't noticed, but Bandit would have almost certainly said something by now. But Bandit wasn't there. Tenera sucked in a deep breath, and turned back to face the counter.

"Where...Where did you take Bandit?"

Smeggedoff
2015-06-03, 06:23 AM
"Tch. Well, that worked" Bandit mumbles before facing the figure, eyeing the choice of seat "Hi. You responsible for the rock?"

josienoms
2015-06-03, 10:37 PM
Tezcatl breathes a sigh of relief. She's not the only one here who doesn't want to fight.

"That's something you and I have in common, then. I don't plan on challenging anyone either. The name's Tezcatl, I train Solars."

It's... true enough!

Obscurejones
2015-06-04, 03:39 PM
i.
The silver haired figure opens their mouth to answer...
ii.
The clerk at the golden desk opens his mouth to answer...
iii.
Before Dian gets a chance to inspect the brass bone...
iv.
There is a great and terrible sound. It tears through each district, a caterwauling of collisions, metal on metal, whistling winds, a great howling roar behind it all. And then silence. Each clerk at their station seems for a moment terrified.
v.
The silver haired figure looks furious.
"What the hell does that overgrown tinkerer think he's doing?"
Springing from the chair they leap, and a strix the size of a mouse zips through the air and away.
vi.
The obelisk before Ren stabilizes.
"We are prepared. Feel free to attempt to rejoin."

OracleofSilence
2015-06-04, 03:48 PM
"Huh. Well. Later then." Dian shrugs bemusedly to himself and heads for the exit, reading the rules as he goes. "What? Limits on my right to punch fools in the face? That is some bull****."

ChaosArchon
2015-06-04, 03:50 PM
The wind blows his queue over his shoulder as he stares at the obelisk and sighs,"Took long enough man, anyway onwards and possibly upwards," he says as he places his palm on the obelisk once again,

JonRG
2015-06-04, 03:53 PM
Vayu edges away from Tali, who he instinctively reached to protect when the noise began. Yes, protect. Certainly not cling to for comfort mid blind freakout. "What was that?" Vayu snaps at the clerk.

Obscurejones
2015-06-04, 03:59 PM
i.
As Ren places his hand on the obelisk there is a soft hum and it unfolds, blossoming like a lotus. Through the center of the flower he can see a desk, seemingly made of wood. A frantic looking young man appears to be trying to catch his breath behind the desk. It is obvious he was just running. He smooths his hair back into place and waves to Ren.
ii.
Walking out of the office Dian finds that he was on the ground floor of a three story black stone building. He appears to be in... Malfeas? ut there are small signs that perhaps that is not the case. While there is grime and wear, verdigris upon the local brass, it all seems somewhat... Artful. Malfeas breathes. It flows and moves. It is alive. This appears to be a model, a simulacrum of the demon city. Overhead there is a sun of green, but upon inspection it is made of glass containing the green fire of burning vitriol. It is set into a basalt ceiling.

ChaosArchon
2015-06-04, 04:06 PM
Ren grins,"Busy day at the office I take it, well name's Ren Quan Yu, I take it you're my tournament orientation guide," he muses before grinning,"unless you're the prize if I win," winking.

Obscurejones
2015-06-04, 04:12 PM
i.
The frazzled young man speaks and as he does his gestures, as though hoping that if he moves his hands enough the right words will appear in front of him.
"Uh actually I suppose I'm your... Case worker? I don't really know. We're not terribly sure what to do about you, sir. In fact I was rather hoping you'd agree to... Withdraw? We can offer all sorts of consolation prizes. Wealth, power. That sort of thing."
ii.
The clerk at the Jade desk frown sand runs his hands over the smooth surface, fingers bending and flexing to manipulate unseen inputs. As he does a jade obelisk rises and sigils can be seen running across it. Although Vayu has no chance to see it, Talemia can recognize the basic signs of a bureaucratic panic, the way some sigils are highlighted with a furious red, or flash with light.
"...I am unsure, Prince. It would appear..."
The color drains from the clerks face and Vayu can feel his heart skip a few beats.
"...There may have been a change in the tournament's rules. It will be a few moments while the change is negotiated."

ChaosArchon
2015-06-04, 04:21 PM
Son of a... screw this bastard, his bed is tooootally off the table now,"And people in Malfeas want ice water, but I'm afraid we don't all get what we want. Now I would appreciate it if you take me to whatever quarters have been prepared for the fighters so I can set my stuff down and prepare for the tourney."

Obscurejones
2015-06-04, 04:24 PM
i.
The clerk groans and slumps against the wooden desk. Sitting up he does his best to smile but it's not quite convincing.
"We had thought you might say that, sir. So I would like to offer you an exaltation. The variety is entirely up to you. We have the standard options available to the creation born as well as Alchemical, Abyssal, and Infernal variants."

ChaosArchon
2015-06-04, 04:35 PM
Ren's mouth falls open a little, is this how everybody becomes an Anathema? They annoy the right guy and he just tosses some magic powers at them to go away, thats so... lame. No not even lame, weak! He's worked on his techniques for years and years and some tool can surpass him just because some jerk wants him to go away?! Screw that!

Nevertheless, Ren remains at least slightly calm, releasing the word,"No thank you," with a voice as cold a ice.

Obscurejones
2015-06-04, 04:39 PM
i.
"..."
The frazzled young clerk looks like he's about to speak again when there is audible chime. Grumbling he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a disk of gold and silver wrapped around a crystal of some kind.
"Well it would appear that a conclusion was made about what... What you mean. In any case."
He takes a deep breath to steady himself.
"Greetings, Mortal. You are welcomed to the Tournament. Would you prefer to read the rules in your own time, or would you like for them to be announced to you?"

ChaosArchon
2015-06-04, 04:42 PM
Ren grins, see all it took was a little determination and even a mortal can open any door he wants. "If someone is willing to read them aloud to me en route to wherever I shall be staying during the downtime in between rounds, I would appreciate it."

Kell_tamer
2015-06-04, 09:29 PM
First Light looks around. "This normal?"

BlueHerring
2015-06-04, 09:52 PM
Tenera eyes his surroundings, and finally settles back on the clerk.

"I'm guessing it isn't."

Obscurejones
2015-06-04, 10:14 PM
i.
"It is far from normal."
The voice that speaks come from behind you, and is booming like a bass drum.
ii.
"Illiterate? I ask out of a need to have your vital statistics rather then any desire to insult you. We don't... We don't have a file on you."

Kell_tamer
2015-06-04, 10:16 PM
The girl turns around and looks up from the disc she was reading.

ChaosArchon
2015-06-04, 10:18 PM
Ren shakes his head,"No I can read perfectly fine, I just would prefer not to walk around into things while learning the rules."

Obscurejones
2015-06-04, 10:33 PM
i.
"...Yeah, it'll take you like ten seconds. It's not a hard read."
Rummaging around in the desk he pulls out a single piece of paper and holds it out to Ren.
ii.
A man of gleaming orhalicum stands in a arched gateway out of the small courtyard you find yourselves in. One of his hands is enclosed in a gauntlet of gleaming starmetal and moonsilver.
"A Pleasure To Meet You, Honored Exalt. I Am The Radiant Natural Gold. I Am Often Called The RNG."

ChaosArchon
2015-06-04, 10:39 PM
Ren blinks."Oh... I figured if would be longer. Yeah a copy of them would be great then. So um where do I go now?"

Kell_tamer
2015-06-04, 10:49 PM
The girl looks the guy up and down and shrugs, why not? Exalt.

Next thing that could happen is a mortal wound up legitimately entered into the competition or something.

She reaches out and shakes his hand.
"I am Aska, The First Light. Nice to meet you Rad."

Dante Falcon
2015-06-05, 12:31 AM
Talemia looks a bit shaken and then grins, gripping her poleaxe. "Probably a challenge. Sounds like fun really. By the way, clerk....whatever your name is. When you finish with all that is there anyway you can get my retainers here? They were out at the obelisk with me and are probably a bit past panicking at this point. Also the last thing I need after all this is to have the Cathak household breathing down my neck about being reckless. They do that enough anyway."

There was some poorly disguised attempt to sound like she wasn't concerned about the retainers she had left behind, although even a blind and deaf person would have seen through it.

Smeggedoff
2015-06-05, 12:52 AM
Bandit watches the strix go.

"Well then" She grumbles
"yup" replies littlefoot
"That sure was a thing"
"yup"
"Probably shouldn't mess with his chair right?"
"yup"

Bandit thinks for a moment before shrugging
"screw it"

Bandit wanders over and examines the lump of moonsilver

BlueHerring
2015-06-05, 06:17 AM
Tenera eyes the newcomer with both a hint of curiosity and a touch of suspicion. He didn't look like a Solar, what with his body being composed of orichalcum, but the moonsilver gauntlet that caught his eye.

"Likewise. I am called Tenera. But if I might ask, where are you from? I have never seen... someone like you before."

OracleofSilence
2015-06-06, 01:03 PM
Dian snorts slightly to himself as the inadequacies of the illusion become clear. "Might as well find Aska. Can't let that damn lizard put too many delusions of grandeur in her head. Sorry Tezcalt. No offense meant.." With that, he ambles into the city, or City rather, in search of his companions.

Obscurejones
2015-06-06, 11:43 PM
i.
"It Is A Pleasure To Meet You Both. I Asked To Have The Privilege Of Escorting You To Your Apartments."
As the massive gauntlet enfolds the young exalts hand she finds it surprisingly gentle.
"I Am Afraid I Have You At A Disadvantage. I Was Informed By One Of My Fellows Of Your Nature And Arrival. I Am What Is Known As An Alchemical Champion. Orhalicum Caste To Be Specific."
Side Note? I like that speech style for this guy. And it is going to be a massive pain to keep writing.
ii.
As Bandit approaches the chair it wobbles in a gelatinous way for a few moments before snapping into a desk with a playful noise not unlike a burp. A soft wheezing can be heard. If Bandit bothers to look he'll see a rather mortal looking clerk asleep a few feet away.
iii.
There is a sound coming. It is raucous and jovial. Whatever it is, it is singing, loudly and offkey. And it is drawing ever nearer. Still something about this noise plays at Dian's mind. He has heard this noise before. This party is familiar.
Roll me whatever you feel appropriate to remembering a party you've been at before. I'd suggest some sort of socialize with a mental stat type roll, but if you stunt it right I'm flexible as to what you roll. Make it make sense and I'm happy.
iv.
"We can make certain that your retainers will be waiting in your apartments when you arrive."
v.
"...Take the paper. And thanks to your... Stubbornness, we've had to create an entirely new district. At the moment it is unoccupied. So... Pick an apartment."

ChaosArchon
2015-06-06, 11:51 PM
Ren grins."I prefer to think of it as fiery determination, but thanks I'll head there now," and snatches the paper while walking through the district, before deciding the room in the fifth apartment, lucky number and all that he thinks.

Smeggedoff
2015-06-07, 02:50 AM
Bandit puts on her best 'Annoyed customer' face and raps her knuckles on the desk

BlueHerring
2015-06-07, 09:57 AM
Tenera taps at his chin.

Alchemical? I've... never even heard of that. Plus, he seems to be made of orichalcum, and he refers to it as his 'Caste.' That doesn't sound right. Unless he's...

Intelligence + Occult roll to figure out that Alchemicals are Autochthon's Chosen. If that's not necessary, then just ignore this.

[roll0]

OracleofSilence
2015-06-07, 10:32 AM
Dian pauses, his instincts to search out the sounds of revelry warring slightly with his decision to hunt dow. His companions. It didn't help that the part sounded so similar. Ah hell, he could figure it out, the rhythm was similar to... Something...

Wits+Performance+1 die stunt [roll0]

I think that numbers correct. Wits 3, Performance 4, 1 die stunt. I...think those numbers are correct.

Obscurejones
2015-06-07, 12:28 PM
i.
The clerk begins to stir where he lies on the forest floor. As he realizes he is not alone he scampers to his feet and behind the desk.
"Good uh... Good day, Steward. I uh... I apologize. I am unsure what just happened."
ii.
That song what was it called again... Oh yes! Here comes the Great Brass Beatdown Band. It's a favorite of loyalist Slayers. It sounds like a mess of them are coming around the corner.
Decently roll. Also, in the future roll a separate set of three dice for all stunts. And then we'll just take as many of them as we need based on how awesome ye be.
iii.
Your mind stretches just far enough to make a connection. There are tales of the forging of the exaltations. That the forgings were aided by the Primordial Autocthon. This may be a further creation of his.
In the future roll a separate set of three dice for all stunts. And then we'll just take as many of them as we need based on how awesome ye be

BlueHerring
2015-06-07, 12:48 PM
His Chosen...?

Tenera nods slightly. "Then you are one of the Great Maker's Chosen? Does this mean that... Does this mean that He has chosen to return?"

Judging by the sound in his voice, it seems that Tenera holds a great deal of reverence for the rogue Primordial.

Obscurejones
2015-06-07, 01:05 PM
i.
"...You Are Very Clever. I Congratulate You On Your Insights. But I Cannot Answer Your Question."
The champion looks uncomfortable with the question. Caught off guard.

Smeggedoff
2015-06-07, 01:53 PM
"That makes two of us" replies Bandit "Guy who was in your desk-chair had to leave, so I guess you in charge now yes?"

OracleofSilence
2015-06-07, 04:08 PM
Great. Slayers were hardly the most reasonable at the best of times, and Dian could only guess the stories that had sprung up around him since his return to Creation. Still, probably not much more then ten, so there was a limit to how bad it could be. Besides, they said Slayers had high fatality rates, so he could probably take most of them one on one...

Dian keeps his upright posture and continues into the city. Presumably, the rules applied to them as well so he was probably in for little more then so.e irritating taunting. Districts probably fit together in the middle? Well, best to stay on a straight line, just in case.

Kell_tamer
2015-06-08, 11:26 AM
"Well it's a pleasure, but i wouldn't mind a bit of a show around if i'm gonna be here for the tournament. Are we still on Creation?"

The kid looks up at the Alchemical inquisitively, the rammifications of a new type of exalt completely lost on her. Or she just doesn't care and far as she's concerned its a nice robot man.

BlueHerring
2015-06-10, 10:30 PM
"Now that's a question worth asking. By any chance, are we in Yu-Shan?" Tenera asks, trying to use the younger Exalt's question to deflect from the Alchemical's response.

Obscurejones
2015-06-13, 03:39 PM
i.
"Yu-Shan. Realm Of The Gods. I Am Afraid That Is Not Where We Are. Nor Are We In Creation."
The golden man seems to be trying to avoid answering the implied question.
"If You Would Like I Can Bring You To Your Apartments Now."

ii.
The cacophony rounds the corner. For a moment the slayers and their entourage of demons continue unabated but after a few moments they spot you and slowly come to a halt. After a few seconds the woad covered figure at the front of the group speaks.
"What the **** are you doing here you **** ******** ******** ********* ***-****?"

iii.
"In charge? I'm afraid not. I am however meant to greet you and offer you a copy of the rules if you would like."

ChaosArchon
2015-06-13, 04:38 PM
Ren looks around his chosen apartment. While it is fairly nice, it seems to have been hastily made thus giving it the appearance of a three star inn who hired a moderately adequate artist to paint the rooms and make it look like a five star inn. Still, it wasn't just mud and grass so he supposed it could do.

After unpacking his things, he decides to follow the district's roads until he reaches the center of wherever he was.

Obscurejones
2015-06-13, 04:49 PM
i.
Ren swiftly finds himself at a fountain surrounding an obelisk. Water pours down from the tip of the artifice, pooling and then gently pulsing back up the obelisk. Standing at the base of the obelisk is a figure of a man. He seems a handsome youth but made of darkness as though no matter how the light around him shines he is always in shadow.
"I like this place. Artificial sunlight. It's pleasant."

JonRG
2015-06-13, 04:59 PM
"Well? What's going on?" The normally calm Vayu was starting to lose his patience.

Obscurejones
2015-06-13, 05:19 PM
i.
"My apologies. We experienced an unexpected entrant. A district had to be prepared for their use."
A few subtle taps on the desk and a small sprite zips into the room. It looks like a crystalline fairy bouncing and flitting about the room.
"HI! Hihihihihihihihi. Lets roll! Let's bounce! Let us locomate swiftly and in a rhythmic but offbeat faaaaaaaaaaashion."

ChaosArchon
2015-06-13, 05:45 PM
Ren nods, either an Exalt or a god, but still... he seems friendly? Curious...

After a few seconds he speaks up,"Yeah you get the light of the sun without its heat and judgement, name's Ren," he extends a hand to the stranger,"yours?"

Obscurejones
2015-06-13, 05:49 PM
i.
"Five Days Darkness. Erstwhile shadow of the Unconquered Sun."
His hand is cool but not unpleasant, his handshake firm but gentle.
"I'm here to watch what happens. Always been a big fan of the martial arts. And exalts, I suppose. But you're... Not. Which is its own sort of interesting."

BlueHerring
2015-06-13, 09:37 PM
Tenera looks somewhat concerned by that. "Hmm, I suppose that's the best we can do for now. I would appreciate finding my companion, but this works just as well."

ChaosArchon
2015-06-13, 09:57 PM
Ren thinks, Five Days Darkness huh? Seems like a decent guy despite being the Sun's buddy. Maybe the same applies to the shining forehead twits? Nah. "Damn straight I'm interesting, just you watch! I'm gonna beat all those magicked up jerks and be the champion!" he says with a grin larger than Creation itself.

OracleofSilence
2015-06-14, 05:53 PM
That... That was Cearr, right? Woad wasn't particularly common among Slayers from what Dian could remember, but then again times might have changed. "Cearr, old buddy! It's been a long time. What was the last time I saw you? I think it was that time I almost dislocated your wrist during practice... Good times, good times. Anyway. What did you want again?" It was probably a terrible idea to antagonize... whoever this was, but still. The opportunity should not be missed.

JonRG
2015-06-15, 10:48 PM
Vayu rolls his eyes. Great. Now there were two of them. "I'd rather just walk, thank you."

Obscurejones
2015-06-15, 11:57 PM
i. Dian's in Trouble. But he's probably fine.

"I WANT YOUR ****ING GUTS FOR GARTERS AND YOUR BALLS ON A ****ING SLICE OF TOAST! PERHAPS WITH A NICE PESTO SAUCE!"
With a triumphant roar Cearr charges Dian. Whipping his brass great ax at Dian's head he seems to feel a moment's bliss. Tragically his joy is cut short as he disappears with a pop of green flame. The other slayers look... Somewhat sheepish. A thin figure in a well cut suit steps forward and speaks for the group.
"He didn't... Didn't read the rules. We were planning to read them to him, but... Sort of forgot I'm afraid."

ii. Bandit's Clerk

"In any case if you'd prefer to have the rules in a written form to take in at your leisure I could provide that as well."
The clerk's voice is steadying. Whatever chaos led to him being knocked out and tucked behind a tree he's adapting quickly.

iii. Dragonbloods, Sprites, and Comic Sans
"That's no fun fun fun fun fun fun till your daddy takes your t-bird away! Let's have fun!"
The sprite zips out the door, a trail of mica hanging in the air in its wake, making a clear path to follow to your apartments. They are stately, each composed of multiple of rooms, and contain a well stocked kitchen and an elegant bedroom. Talemia's contains servants quarters with servants installed! They are each asleep on a small but comfortable looking set of cots.

iv. Solars and a Dinosaur who I know is back from her vacation and owes me posts gosh and or darn it.
The RNG leads the way out of the courtyard. It opens onto a wide main thoroughfare. White cobble stones make up the street, which has stucco buildings on either side. Far down the street a a large gate in the shape of the symbol of the Dawn can be seen. At the other end of the road, the symbol of the Eclipse.
"Welcome To The District Of Gold. As You Are Some Of The First Arrivals You May Choose Apartments Of Your Own. The Dawn Gate Leads Deeper Into The City. I Would Suggest Waiting A Brief While Before Making Use Of It. Beyond Lies The Districts Of Iron And Brass. Beyond The Eclipse Gate Lies The Silver District."

OracleofSilence
2015-06-16, 12:17 AM
"Well, it's good to see he hasn't learned anything since I left. Like how to read. Anyway, See yah, fellows." Dian continues his search. This little interlude had been entertaining after all, but his main priority was to insure that Aska didn't get up to any trouble without his presence. A source of entertainment like that was a rare gift, and must be kept close by at all times.

JonRG
2015-06-16, 12:31 AM
Vayu's apartment is rather deserted. Come to think of it, he didn't tell anyone where he was going, did he? His servitors were bound to worry if he never returned to the Isle. "Excuse me, uh... miss. Might it be possible for my retainers to be brought here as well?"

Kell_tamer
2015-06-16, 03:03 PM
Aska kinda takes it all in. "So let me get this straight, this place doesn't care the type of Exalt or anything and just lets people join in. And i'm allowed to walk around here without worrying about a bunch of angry dragon bloods trying to kill me because i glow a different color?"

She looks over at the apartments.

Dante Falcon
2015-06-17, 03:44 AM
Talemia grins at the fairy and walks after it's eclectic route with Vayu, keeping an eye on her terrestrial companion in case their blindness had become an issue. It wasn't in this instance to his credit. "The fairy might be on to something Vayu. We should still enjoy ourselves, even if our business is rather more serious than our escort." She couldn't help walking with a bit more of a spring in her step due to the encouragement of their guide.

On the finding of Lares and Rin she smiled but chose not to wake them. If they had wanted a nap they should have told her before she left. She'd have to nicely reprimand the slackers later of course. "These residences are quite nice. Please say thank you to our host."

josienoms
2015-06-17, 09:46 AM
"That is... rather useful, actually. The only times you'd be in danger are during the challenges themselves. And even then, I'm sure you're more than a match for them, Aska."

No harm can come from a bit of flattery. Boosting her confidence before the start of the tournament might give her the edge she needs.

BlueHerring
2015-06-17, 12:22 PM
"Or, in cases like mine, prevent me from being murdered by Dragon-Bloods," Tenera remarked, while watching the unusual Exalt.

"Might I ask, though, if there are workshops here, or any space where I can practice my craft?

JonRG
2015-06-17, 12:59 PM
Vayu twitches with agitation but recovers his composure quickly. "I suppose that, for now, I shall have to take your word for it. You have my gratitude... Apologies, but I don't believe you ever gave your name."

Smeggedoff
2015-06-17, 06:18 PM
Bandit raises an eyebrow
"Sure, that'd be fine. Any idea where my friend went?"

Obscurejones
2015-06-22, 09:44 AM
i. Aska, Tenera, and Tezcatl.

The gleaming metal man addresses the pint-sized pile-driving pugilist and her ravenous raptor first.
"This Is True Lawgiver. It Was Determined That Open And All Out Combat Would Unfairly Bias The Proceedings Towards A Certain Crudeness. To Maintain A Level Field, Combat Must Be Joined. This Ensures That Non Traditional Combatants May Still Thrive. The Effect Is... To My Understanding It Is Considered A Perfected Action."
He turns and bows next to Tenera.
"We Are Capable Of Providing Workshops Of Any Kind. Specialized Equipment May Require Notice, But Should Be Available Within Moments."

ii. Ren talking to a lesser Incarnae

"Huh. So you're delusional, brave, or have some sort of amazing plan, right?"

iii. Bandit's Clerk

The Clerk points and indicates through the woods an outcropping of stone, covered in weeping willows. Entwined in the roots is a vein of seemingly natural gold.
"Through the gate, in the Gold District."

Kell_tamer
2015-06-22, 09:49 AM
Aska nods. "Well if that's the case, Let's go find Dian and then check out our digs!" She grins

BlueHerring
2015-06-22, 11:59 AM
Tenera taps his chin. He needed to find Bandit, but having access to all sorts of tools was an... intriguing possibility.

"Might it be possible to have access to my manse, or some form of access to a pocket of the Wyld?" Tenera asked, glancing towards the Eclipse Gate every now and then.

ChaosArchon
2015-06-26, 11:11 PM
Ren grins and puffs his chest a little,"I prefer to think of it as fiercely ignoring reality, but yeah I do have a plan, a wicked smart one too." He looks around with a conspiratorial glance and whispers, with joy in his eyes,"Wanna hear it?"

josienoms
2015-06-26, 11:17 PM
"Oh yes. It would be such a tragedy if we never found Dian."

Tezcatl rolls her eyes, but follows after Aska.

Smeggedoff
2015-06-28, 02:33 PM
Bandit looks at the rock, and than back at the clerk.
Then at the rock again.
Then at the clerk.

"That" she states "appears to be a rock."

Obscurejones
2015-07-02, 12:10 AM
i. Dian
Down the blackened Cobblestone lies large brass tube emblazoned with the image of a sunburst. Upon it is written in Old Realm
"Sun Cannon. Because gates are for *******"
ii. Bandit
The clerk nods his agreement.
"It does indeed appear thus but... One moment, there was an instruction left for this..."
A series of taps later and a small obelisk appears that the clerk inspects closely.
"If a lunar can't figure out that appearances deceive they probably shouldn't be let out in public."
The clerk pales and looks up nervously.
"I wish to clarify that I didn't write this."
iii. Ren
Leaning against the fountain the god tilts his had just slightly.
"...I really do want to hear this."

ChaosArchon
2015-07-02, 12:59 AM
Ren grins like a child on the Calibration,"I'm gonna punch them, and then punch them some more until I'm the last one standing!" He grins as if he just revealed the best plan since the Primordial War.

OracleofSilence
2015-07-02, 09:29 AM
Dian's eye's glitter with barely contained excitement. "Oh man, I knew there was stuff I missed about hell. First it's taunting Slayers, now transportation cannons? Almost makes me wish I hadn't left." Dian hops in, readying himself for the ride, and more seriously, the impact.

Smeggedoff
2015-07-03, 07:56 AM
Bandit colours with a mixture of annoyance and embarrassment
"I said appears to be. A rock brought me here in the first place yeah? But it ain't like it has a doorknob. Pfeh, whatever"
Bandit walks over to the gate and tries to figure out if it's as easy to use as the obelisk.

Obscurejones
2015-07-04, 01:30 PM
i. Bandit tries to win against Rock.

Roll me or use some sort of perception. Supernatural senses are your friend but not required.

ii. Dian gets shot out of a very large gun to amuse... [Spoilers]

Entering through a brass hatch Dian finds himself in a tube devoid of light. The tube is a tight fit, seeming to press in around Dian, filling any open space with what feels like tiny tendrils, thousands of little tentacles poking and prodding. As he waits he hears a dull rumble come from deep beneath his feet. It builds a thunderous roll that moves closer and closer till he can faintly feel it in each and every one of his bones. Suddenly without warning the tendrils spring into action throwing Dian's flesh, snagging at his wardrobe, roughly tumbling him upwards. For a split second he sees the opening, and green light pours through it. Then he's out and soaring through the air, hurtled skyward towards the green glowing sun embedeed in the ceiling. As he is about to collide with the flames they seemingly open up and swallow him.

iii. A Solar, a Luchador, and a Dinosaur aren't currently walking into a bar, but that's a good convention for groups of three.

As the decision to find your companions is made, the first helpfully appears! Dian is forcefully thrust out of the Dawn shaped seal at the end of the district, appearing in a burst of green flame and looking ever so slightly singed.

iv. Ren is an idiot.

"...You're an idiot."

v. Dragonbloods exist, and for once are remembered.

The flying sprite darts down and flies rapidly back and forth in front of Vayu. She doesn't seem to get the concept of... Blind.
"I'm Zipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzi pzipzipzipzipzipzipzipzip. But my friends call me Flicker."

josienoms
2015-07-05, 12:10 AM
"I... Uh... What?"

ChaosArchon
2015-07-05, 12:21 AM
Ren continues to grin, his hands pressed against his waist,"Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffff! Jealous much Mr. Darkness."

BlueHerring
2015-07-05, 02:46 AM
Tenera leans against his staff as he watched the recent arrival.

"Well, that's something. Now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll try to find my companion. Hopefully she doesn't get mad for waiting around too long. I'll see you again, I suppose."

Tenera examines Dian for a moment, and turns around, walking towards the Eclipse seal. He examines it for a moment, before cautiously prodding it with his staff.

Kell_tamer
2015-07-05, 02:59 PM
Aska blinks as Dian appears before them. Then runs over. "YOU WERE HAVING FUN WITHOUT ME!"

Smeggedoff
2015-07-05, 03:33 PM
Bandit's familiar can smell magic but that's unlikely to help :P
Perception plus Occult? I am looking to activate a magic artefact. If you'd prefer perception plus awareness the pool is 1 dice less so deduct as necessary.
[roll0]
And let's throw some essence at the problem
Spending 6 motes on Essence assured for 3 successes

JonRG
2015-07-05, 05:35 PM
Vayu's eyes track the fairy - at least, roughly. "A pleasure, Lady Flicker." He politely inclines his head.

Dante Falcon
2015-07-07, 12:28 AM
"A rather fitting name Flicker. So Vayu what do you think? Do we go find some Anathema to punch?" An impetuous grin and an impatient step has infected the Earth Aspect. Only a minute in their domicile and already impatient. Or maybe just anxious.

JonRG
2015-07-07, 01:23 PM
Vayu nods and dons his mask once again. "Yes, let's meet the competition.

OracleofSilence
2015-07-07, 01:54 PM
"I absolutely did! Met an old buddy, he tried to kill me, he proved that he still hadn't decided to learn how to read, and then I shot myself out of a cannon. I like this place already." Despite his lightly singed clothing and the faint wisp of smoke coming from his hair, Dian is in high spirits. "And hello to you too Tez. No need for the doubt and confusion, I know that most are in awe when they meet me, but I had figured you'd have gotten over it by now." He grins widely, sticking his tongue slightly as he does so. "Anyway, do we find our sweet digs first, or go find someone to have a little dust up with?"

Kell_tamer
2015-07-07, 03:36 PM
Aska flings a thumb over her shoulder to the building. "Behind us. Them's the digs. Wanna get first crack at the rooms before someone else? I'd rather not be saddled with leftovers, and a bed will be a nice change of pace."

josienoms
2015-07-09, 12:38 AM
"As long as they have a fully stocked bar, I'll be happy."

The Dragon King mutters under her breath, something about needing a stiff drink to handle this place, probably.

Obscurejones
2015-07-13, 02:36 PM
i. Dragonbloods on the hunt.
As you exit your apartment you very nearly collide into the back a man clad in armor of black jade. While the fault is clearly with where he was standing he does not seem to be the sort to admit it. Or any fault for that matter. Growling, he thrusts his hand out to point at you menacingly.
"FOOLS! Don't you know it is a Heresy to stumble about and impede my immaculate works?!?!?"
You can hear when he capitalizes the word Heresy. You get the feeling he's spent at least a few hours practicing pronouncing that word with a little extra flavor. What a ********.
ii. Solars, and Infernal, and an alcoholic Lizard
There is in fact a full bar that pulls out of one of the walls. You get the feeling that this district was designed to provide whatever you need, and most things you could concievably want. I bet if you look hard enough you can find a water slide. Caveat: Waterslide may actually be in the Lunar district.
iii. Unaccompanied Solar, poking about at gates.
The golden symbol splits down the middle, revealing a bifurcated disc. One side, flowing silver liquid, the other pale green fire.
iv. A lunar poking at the other end of said gate.
There is a common adage about the body having five senses. It is, to put it mildly, horse ****. The human body has over twenty senses all told. It's just that most of them don't have the cinematic flair of the big five. Still, they are at times much more useful. Take the sense of proximity. Well it's often lumped in with touch, it's more the ability to feel something without touching it. The way you can tell when there's a younger sibling not touching you and such.

It is this sense that makes things readily apparent. There is no gold in front of you. The vein that shoots through the rock is illusory.
iv. An incredulous god, and a mortal
"...You realize that if you're actually Ted and this is a prank you have to tell me."

Smeggedoff
2015-07-15, 02:17 PM
Bandit decides to go against everything she's ever been taught and poke the vein of not-gold.

Dante Falcon
2015-07-17, 03:29 AM
Talemia tilts her head at the man and can't help but crack a smile. "Precisely how long were you standing there not realizing you were in the way. And were you practicing that phrase the entire time or is that a pre-planned reaction? It probably does wonders on Mortals but really you just sound like the geekiest Exalt I've ever run into." Just in case she rolls her shoulders and arms, doing a quick physical check of how tight her shield is on her arm and sliding her hand down the poleaxe to a fighting grip over a traveling one.

ChaosArchon
2015-07-17, 05:22 PM
Ren raises an eyebrow,"Ted, who's Ted? It's just me, Ren. Are... are you ok man? I mean god."

josienoms
2015-07-21, 10:57 PM
A small smirk crosses Tezcatl's muzzle. She takes a bottle, not bothering with a cup, and takes a swig. Sweet relief from the idiocy of this place.

"Ah... Maybe if I'm drunk enough, this place will start making sense."

Kell_tamer
2015-07-21, 10:58 PM
Aska looks up at the dragon next to her. Aren't you supposed to be the good role model?"

josienoms
2015-07-21, 11:04 PM
"I said I would help you do great things. I never said anything about being a good Role Model."

Another swig!

Kell_tamer
2015-07-21, 11:05 PM
Aska shrugs and reaches for one of the drinks.

josienoms
2015-07-21, 11:10 PM
"Hey!"

She slaps Aska's hand away. It looks like she's about to make a point about the dangers of underage drinking.

"Those are mine."

Or maybe not.

Kell_tamer
2015-07-24, 09:21 AM
Aska frowns and then smirks. With a snatch she grabs one of the drinks, slams it back and dashes off with a grin. Letting essence carry her she easily outpaced her companion.

2 motes for lightning speed making her speed 11, 3 dexterity, 3 essence, 5 athletics, and full dash means add 6 to that to make it 17.

Personal motes.

Obscurejones
2015-07-26, 07:50 PM
i. Solars, alcoholic lizards, and one suspiciously silent Warlock.
As Aska rounds the corner in their apartment block she bounces off a rather resolute white wall. The wall tilts it head to look down at her, it's stony visage not expressing any emotion. As Aska's senses regain their utility she realizes that a wall would not be wearing a gi. Or bowing to her. Perhaps this in point of fact not a wall, but a particularly well bred earth aspect.
"Good morrow. I was hoping to find a solar, small child. Can you direct me to the nearest anathema?"
As his gemstone eyes fall upon her ill gotten gains, he frowns and reaches out towards the pilfered bottle. As he does, a massive gong can be heard going off in the enter of the district.
ii. Dragonbloods can be just... The Wurst.
"YOU DARE! CHALLLLLLLLLENGE YOOOOOOOU!"
As the armored oaf throws out an arm to indicate his intent with a pointed finger a loud gong can be heard resounding from the center of the district.
iii. Lunars be poking.
The false vein of gold envelopes Bandit's hand, enveloping the limb in a soothing warmth. It feels like a languid liquid sunbeam. As the sensation is marveled at, a deep gong sounds in the depths of the woods.
iv. That's our Ren!
"...Humanity may be doomed"
As the god hangs his head in shame the Obelisk fountain you are gathered beside erupts with light! Runes in all known languages blaze with light, proclaiming to all.
'Peleps Deled v. Cathak Talemia'

Kell_tamer
2015-07-26, 07:54 PM
Aska sits up a bit and looks up at this being. "Uh.. speaking?" The First Light, at your service..." She was impressed, most people topple over when she barrels on through. This guy seemed unfazed.

ChaosArchon
2015-07-26, 08:00 PM
Ren grins,"Nah don't worry, there's more than enough of me to protect all normal humans."

Obscurejones
2015-07-26, 08:05 PM
i. Aska meets a new friend.
"My thanks. I challenge you then, Anathema. It is my understanding that you may choose to modify the arena or place terms upon my challenge."
ii Everyone. Everyone? EVERYONE!
The gong sounds a second time.
iii. Ren and his buddy.
A second set of runes erupts upon the obelisk, 'Ragara Myruun v. Aska Kano, The First Light'

josienoms
2015-07-26, 11:40 PM
The alcoholic dinosaur comes around the corner, and drops her bottle as she sees the events that just went down.

"What. Did. You. Do?"

OracleofSilence
2015-07-26, 11:41 PM
Dian waits patiently for Aska to complete here escape, then nodding sagely to himself, selects a bottle at random and sits heads out into the district, grinning at Tezcalt as he leaves. "Look that the bright side. At least I've been better at insulating her from my vices, y'know?" As the gong sounds once, then twice he considers. "Well, on the plus side, what are the odds one of those was her? No way she could get hammered and wind up with the Dragonbloods that fast, right?" With that, he attempts to prove himself wrong. Lets get hammered, not that that was easy these days, and find some terrestrials!

Kell_tamer
2015-07-26, 11:42 PM
Aska blinks a bit realizing who she has just met. She chuckles at her scaley friend. "Made a friend?" She grins and looks up at the grand master.

Smeggedoff
2015-07-27, 05:59 AM
Bandit wiggles her gold-plated fingers a little and looks around when the gong sounds before looking back at the desk
"Did I do that?"

BlueHerring
2015-07-27, 07:49 AM
Tenera was about to tap the silver liquid, but paused at the sound of the gong. He took a deep breath, and cleared his head. He needed to find Bandit, and getting caught up in things like this were not a good way to do so.

Thus, Tenera took one step, and walked through the silver gate.

Obscurejones
2015-07-27, 09:00 AM
i. A Rock, a Luchador, a Demonic Prince, and an Alcoholic Lizard stand near a bar... Nah, just doesn't have the same zip as the classic construction
Myruun bows deeply to Tezcatl and then frowns again. This is an unfamiliar sight to him.
"Good morning... You are this Anathema's familiar then?"
ii. Solars be walking through gates. Those pesky Solars.
As Tenera steps through the silvery gate...
iii. Solars be colliding with Lunars, which to be fair, was more or less their goal.
...they find them selves collide with Bandit, cutting off any reply about to be made by the desk.

Kell_tamer
2015-07-27, 09:29 AM
Aska looks the rockman up and down a bit before a plan percolates. "Challenge Accepted. First person to fall loses. Fight will take place on a wood bridge suspended over water. We will begin 60 yards apart. We're Exalts, we can deal with distance. Each participant shall be allowed one form activated in advance of the fight proper. We meet on the morrow?"

She holds out a hand to the man. Smile on her face.

Smeggedoff
2015-07-28, 12:29 PM
Caught unexpectedly, Bandit falls on her backside when an unexpected Solar collides with her on his exit from the rock
"Gah! What the...? Oh. Hi Tenera... Where have you been?" she exclaims

josienoms
2015-07-28, 10:40 PM
Tezcatl's eye twitches.

"Familiar? FAMILIAR?"

She checks her rage and puts down her bottle.

"I owed her previous incarnation a debt. Nothing more."

A lie with a grain of truth to it. Easier to swallow than a total falsehood.

BlueHerring
2015-07-29, 03:02 AM
Tenera, while initially startled, couldn't help but smile at seeing Bandit. At least it was her, and not another Lunar. That would just have been awkward. Tenera lowers his staff, and offers Bandit a hand to help her back up.

"Me? This place seems to be divided up into different districts. There was one for Solars, and that's where I was. I'm guessing that you've been in this part the whole time?"

ChaosArchon
2015-07-29, 11:41 AM
Ren looks at the obelisk,"Oh cool, looks like the first fight's about to start. Well nice meeting you mr. god sir." he begins to walk before turning around,"err... where is the arena in question?"

Smeggedoff
2015-07-30, 06:11 AM
Bandit accepts the help
"Yeah" she replies "there was a guy who was lookin like he was there to explain sumthin, but he ran off and left that guy over there holdin the fort"
She gestures a thumb over her shoulder and the man at the desk

BlueHerring
2015-07-30, 10:03 PM
"Well, there's quite a bit over on the other side of this gate as well. There was even a Dragon King! Do you want to take a look?"

Tenera sounded just a tad too excited at being able to meet a real Dragon King, but that's any worthwhile scholar for you.

OracleofSilence
2015-07-31, 02:42 AM
"Aww, you getting offended by the mean Immaculate's nasty words? " Dian offers a look of thoroughly sarcastic sympathy to the Dragon King. The shear injustice of it all. If only Carr had read the damn rules...

Smeggedoff
2015-07-31, 12:30 PM
Bandit scratches her chin
"Oh yeah, Dragon king, Sure. Sounds fun" she replies, trying to sound like she knows what that is

josienoms
2015-07-31, 12:31 PM
Tezcatl makes a face at him.

"Go to Hell, Dian."

She rolls her eyes, more exasperated than angry.

OracleofSilence
2015-07-31, 12:54 PM
"Sorry, been there already, and I'm not welcome back. I don't think they were a big fan of my attitude."

josienoms
2015-07-31, 01:04 PM
"Goodness. I couldn't possibly imagine why."

She snickers.

JonRG
2015-08-02, 11:29 AM
Vayu cringes slightly at the second gong. "Is that going to happen every time a challenge is declared?" Regaining his composure, he lays a hand on his former schoolmate's shoulder. "I know you'll win." He waits to see where everyone heads. It wouldn't be easy for a blind man to find his way around this place after all.

Dante Falcon
2015-08-03, 04:37 AM
Talemia grins and rolls her shoulders again, raising up on her toes as she gets the Essence running. "Seriously man stop embarrassing yourself with the drama. It will only make you feel worse when you lose." Hefting the poleaxe in her right hand as if it was much lighter than it was and taking a few steps back, letting her bare feet get used to the give and temperature of the ground below she brought her weapons up.

"I accept your challenge."

Activating Graceful Tortoise Technique, 2m from personal.
Personal: 17/19
Peripheral: 47/47
PDV: 6