PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder (PF) Need balance advice Magus

Reprimand
2015-05-23, 02:46 PM
So I want to do a quick ability swap here but I'm not sure how fair it is.

My player wants to be robin from the fire emblem games so I suggested the magus but he didn't like the casting in armor thing and wants to lose all armor proficiency and shields+ ability tocast in them. For monk AC bonus keyed off int, more skill points and the inquisitor's monster lore ability.

I've never made or rebalanced a class before so I want suggestions on how I can make this work.

IZ42
2015-05-23, 02:55 PM
So I want to do a quick ability swap here but I'm not sure how fair it is.

My player wants to be robin from the fire emblem games so I suggested the magus but he didn't like the casting in armor thing and wants to lose all armor proficiency and shields+ ability tocast in them. For monk AC bonus keyed off int, more skill points and the inquisitor's monster lore ability.

I've never made or rebalanced a class before so I want suggestions on how I can make this work.

The Kensai (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/kensai) Archetype gets you part-way there. Not sure what you'd give up to gain the Monster Lore aspect, possibly a magus arcana, and with a high INT score, you'd already have a ton of SP to spend

Reprimand
2015-05-23, 03:03 PM
He basically wants to max his knowledge skills while having sp for spellcraft etc
Canny defence kind of works but everything else is unnecessary
I was trying to go for a cloistered cleric type deal.
oh and swapping good fort save for good reflex