PDA

View Full Version : [SWd6][IC] It is time, younglings.

Karen Lynn
2015-05-23, 03:37 PM
"Alright, yer ready, kids. Feel comfortable with yer abilities yet? Think you'll be able to find yer crystal? It's the key piece. A crystal that resonates with you, yer ability, yer bond with the force. We'll be leaving soon. I got us a ship that'll take us to where we need to be."

Old Gilly takes another swig of his opaque green bottle, looking at the four of you, almost fondly.

You have spent years training, meditating, learning. You have trained with a stun saber while Old Gilly fired blaster bolts at you. You have mediated, strengthening your bond with the force. You have learned tales and ideaologies of the Jedi, the methods of the Sith.

Soon, you leave for the ship port.

ArcturusV
2015-05-23, 06:46 PM
He couldn't help but smile. Oh, he knew a Jedi wasn't supposed to crave adventure and excitement, but he was still young. He still remembered the fun of running around Ryloth, seeing new places and discovering those small spots hidden from most, making his own trails that allowed him to show up in places much faster than one would expect a small child could have.

He didn't know anything about where he was actually going, and, well... that was part of the fun. He was eagerly bouncing on the balls of his feet, counting down the seemingly endless minutes until they left. It hadn't taken long for him to gather up all of his belongings for the journey. Maybe it'd be a place with snow and ice? He always wondered what that would be like. Or maybe another desert? Or maybe there would be giant worm creatures they could ride?

The possibilities were endless. The fact that he was getting a crystal, and finally marking the end of his status as a youngling was only icing on the cake.

shizukanashi
2015-05-23, 07:55 PM
Deyku checked his pack again, the third time, to be sure everything was there, or perhaps to distract him from his trepidation. He felt nervous, the prospect of adventuring into the myriad of unknown still gave him pause. What fresh trials might he face on this quest? What horror awaited them? A harsh frozen tundra? An endless scorching desert? Maybe a giant worm creature? His pack was in good shape and everything there, he almost wished something was missing so he could go back and get it. Looking up he saw Jigunda's wide smile, and gave him a meek one in return, anything to hide his concern. He envied Jigunda's adventurous spirit, and wished he could take to this as easily. He did his best to push these thoughts from his mind. Fear and Jealousy were not virtues that would help him to find his crystal. Courage and compassion. he silently reminded himself. Do not plant fear, it is a seed of the Darkside.

ArcturusV
2015-05-23, 11:50 PM
Jigunda gave Deyku a wide, open smile in return, and an enthusiastic full arm wave as he noticed his fellow apprentice smiling at him, but entirely missing any uncertainty and uncomfortableness that might have been existing in him. Nearly bouncing over with large, bounding steps he let out a laugh and jumped up in the air, coming down on both feet right next to Deyku, wide grin still on his face.

Patting his shoulder he offered, "Doesn't this just sound incredible? What do you think it'll be like? Ooo, will there be flying beasts that we can ride through narrow canyons? Think there will be lots of rain? Did you pack for foul weather? Or are you just really good at foul weather like I am? I bet you are. You look pretty tough don't you?"

androgial
2015-05-24, 12:38 AM
Sharana enters the common area from her small room. Not that all the Jedi in training have a room of their own. It is just that being the only female present means a need for a private room. Sharana is not wearing her Jedi robes though. Today she is wearing her corellian outfit, a first for anyone to see. One look at her from a masters perspective could tell, she's starting to feel cooped up. She silently slips a mug of some steaming liquid in place of old Gilly's ever present bottle. this wasn't the first time she has done this over the years. Usually though old Gilly said something the night before.

shizukanashi
2015-05-24, 01:47 AM
"Um...yeah."Deyku answered with as much enthusiasm as he could muster. The barrage of questions came on so fast that he had forgotten some of the by the time he found a chance to answer. Yes seemed like the right answer to most of the questions. He was oblivious to the truth that Jigunda was unaware of his uncertainty. Instead he mistook the excitement as an attempt to reassure him, and he was mortified that his feelings were showing. The fear was subsiding and being replaced with shame and embarrassment. Great, fear, jealousy and now pride. All fine qualities for a prospective young Jedi He drew up his hood and tried to look at the ground to avoid making eye contact. This task was difficult because Sharana had just entered the room.

It was true, he and Jigunda had similar upbringing Iktotch was very similar to Ryloth, and the two could bond over that share experience. With Sharana it was different. Sharana was older than the rest of them, and it was no secret she was better trained in the force. He wondered if perhaps this was not her first attempted at finding a crystal. Perhaps she had failed when she first came of age. Still Deyku looked up to her and often sought he approval whenever he had a new idea or opinion. He also avoided her more than any of the other children, afraid that she more than the others would see his short comings. Still she was in tune with the force and he felt more comfortable knowing she would be coming along.

ArcturusV
2015-05-24, 02:26 AM
Jigunda gave Sharana a more muted wave, and his own smile fading a bit as he saw the girl walking in and realized she was coming to. Not that she had anything against her in particular. Just... well... he didn't really want to admit what was lurking in the back of his head and give it any sort of legitimacy and authority in his mind.

"Deyku was just telling me how tough and ready to go he is!" Jigunda said excitably to Sharana, with an open, joyful tone. "I bet he'll be the first one to find a crystal, right? He's really smart and focused. I dunno... I think it might take me longer myself." He admitted with no real regret, he just knew that he was more likely to get distracted exploring some interesting looking locale than remain laser focused on tracking down a rock. He didn't see it wrong, yes, it was a lack of Focus, but a Jedi should also be mindful of his surroundings as well. So it evened out in his mind.

"Did they tell you where we were going?" he leaned in a bit, then looked back to Deyku, "I bet she knows more than she's letting on." He shrugged a bit, and gave Deyku another little pat on the shoulder, "That's okay, we'll just have to make up for it with tenacity, right?" he winked at Deyku.

VexingFool
2015-05-24, 08:54 AM
Khosah slipped into the room from the direction of the garage, he hoped Old Gilly didn't notice the direction he came from. He moved to the corner where he had stashed his spacer's bag. As he was bending over to pick it up he noticed a glob of grease on the sleeve of his robe. As he wiped away the grease he hoped he got the speeder controls back the way Master Gilly liked it.

He was so excited last night he 'borrowed' the enclave speeder so he could clear his head. Of course he had to make a few adjustments to eek a few extra microns of power from the old engines and set the controls sensitivity as high as he could make it. As he slung his spacer's bag across his body a smile formed on his lips as he remembered the last time when he forgot to put the controls back to normal and Old Gilly nearly slammed the speeder into a tree. The smile slowly faded as his arms remembered several hours of meditating from the handstand position that had followed that incident.

"Ready to haul jets, Master!" He said to Gilly. Finally some adventure! His body was giddy with anticipation.

He nodded to his fellow Jedi students Deyku and Sharana and gave Jigunda a thumbs up.

Karen Lynn
2015-05-24, 12:02 PM
"Easy, kids. We have a long trip, and several ships to go. Save yer energy for when we get there." Gilly looks to Sharana, then to Khosah. "My drink tasted a bit funny this morning, and I swear I heard a particular speeder last night night. I'm not sure if anything happened, but I'm certain we have plenty of time to meditate on the way there."

He looks about, his small home having been their home for the past several years. Almost as if he were uneasy about this trip. "It's been a long few years, huh? A lot of burns, tense feelings, and for some, a sense of loss. I never expected to have a padawan of my own. Here I am with four. If only Master Silas could see this..." He takes another swig from his bottle, then sets it down.

"Keep yer heads low, don't bring undue attention to yerselves, and let's get this done with."

Your uneasiness isn't just jitters. The previous night, you had a dream of finding your crystal, only to see darkness swallow Gilly.

Once you get to the space port, you're lead to an old looking ship that that seems to be held together by as much hope as anything else. The pilot is busy overseeing the loading of cargo, but another man that introduces himself as Gunny leads you all to a larger, single room. "Keep to this room as often as possible. Don't make any trouble for us, and we won't toss you into space."

This is a long leg of the trip. There is plenty of time for anything. How do you spend this time?

shizukanashi
2015-05-24, 04:25 PM
Sticking to the small room sounded like a good idea. Deyku thought of what a huge risk it was to transport 5 force sensitive people across the galaxy in its current state. Several ships Gilly had said. That was smart. Where ever they were going it was probably a secret location and heading directly there would raise eyebrows. Still he was concerned for his master. The drinking concerned him too, Old Gilly had sacrificed a lot for the quartet, and the pressures were showing. He laid his pack down and tied his sword and scabbard to the side of it rather than carrying it at his hip. "Will you meditate with me, Master?". He asked as soon as Gunny was out of earshot.

ArcturusV
2015-05-24, 04:42 PM
Aaaand from the hopes of seeing vast new worlds, to yet another drab room he was shuffled into. His life seemed to be nothing but drab rooms for the last few years, and his voice showed it plainly as he frowned at their Quarters and the order to stay in there as much as possible. Jigunda never was one to keep his thoughts all that well hidden and it was clear to see for anyone looking at him.

The state of the ship didn't bother him, all ships looked like ramshackle crates to him after all, at least, all the ones he had ever really seen. All spacers looked half crazed and really touchy about people and their ship, so that at least makes sense. The only thing that bothered him was the promise of an adventure and a new place to go ending up in some place not very different from where he had left.

He was pacing around, the kid always seemed to do this, while some sat still to meditate, he preferred to let the physical activity help clear his mind, channeling his troubles into the simple movements of pacing around the borders of the room. Most looking on would think he was being slowly driven insane, but those who knew him knew he was actually calming down.

"What do most people even do on a trip like this?" he asked. They were ordered to keep a low profile, so he doubted they were going to be training inside this room, deflecting blaster bolts or floating while they meditated, training in unarmed combat, and so on and so forth. "Learn to play Sabbac?"

VexingFool
2015-05-25, 10:12 AM
He watched as Jigunda paced. "I don't know, my mom always took care of the entertainment when we were traveling..." Suddenly he missed his parents very much. He forced the memories from his head and looked around the room for anything interesting. "Maybe there's a Dejarik table somewhere?"

As he felt the repulsorlift engines come on he found a chair and buckled himself in. He closed his eyes, and a slight grin began to form on his face. He let the familiar sensations wash over him. The rattle of the ship as it climbed through the atmosphere. The hum of the Ion engines as they kicked in and the repulsors turned off. The whine of the Hyperdrive spinning up just before rocketing you through space at incredible speeds. Skies, I missed this. Thoughts of his parents smiling as they traveled together came back to mind, he swallowed hard and tried to use a force technique to make the feelings subside.

He looked around at his fellow force students to see how they were handling things. Later once the crew was settled in for the trip, he resolved to see if he could get a peek at the cockpit and maybe talk to the pilot. They really wouldn't throw a kid out the airlock... Would they?

androgial
2015-05-25, 10:37 AM
As if shed stay cooped up in a room when there was a ship to fix. And yet, Sharana did as she was told and took a seat where she could still keep her blaster on the door. An image formed in her mind as she looked over to Gilly. An image of the classically depicted pirates complete with eye patches and peg legs. It was more an image of question though. The question being are these guys pirates or are pirates expected?

Karen Lynn
2015-05-26, 03:44 AM
"Sure thing, Deyku. Let me make sure everyone's situated first." Gilly'll check to make sure everyone's bags are put away as best he can, pulling out a small case as he does. It looks about the size to hold a fist sized wind instrument. He will sit across from Deyku, opening the case, and begins to meditate.

There is indeed a Dejarik table in here, along with several bunks laid into the hull, a separate wash room, and a few tables with three chairs at each one. It would seem this belonged to either a close knit family of travelers, or the ship was chosen for its ability to move groups of passengers in luxurious(for a space ship) comfort.

Any who look to the old, battered case, will see parts reminiscent of a welding torch and parts from a moisture farmer's condenser. He is reassembling his own Lightsaber.

VexingFool
2015-05-27, 02:03 AM
Khosah watches as Master Gilly re-assembles the lightsaber, fascinated by how all the various pieces of incongruous parts fit together to become the famous Jedi laser sword. He tries to remember what Gilly taught them about lightsaber construction and uses the force to try to sense the connection to the lightsaber crystal.

After the lightsaber is complete he will join Deyku and Gilly in meditation.

ArcturusV
2015-05-27, 05:21 PM
Jigunda felt a lurch as the ship lifted off, and it was not something he enjoyed or was familiar with. Other than his original flight out to the Master, he had never been on a spaceship before, and the sense of the world moving under him for just that slight moment before the Artificial Gravity kicked in was enough to make him feel dizzy and week in the knees.

There was just something about being on a machine like this. He could soar through the skies on the back of some great beast and it all felt right. You felt that connection to the Force, the living thing underneath you, moving with all of its power and grace through the world. That made sense to him. That he could appreciate and trust in. Something about a box that soars through space though... it just never agreed with him well.

Shaking his head he tried to dismiss the uneasiness. After all, no one else minded. And people flew like this all the time, right? Not like the ship was just going to go and fall apart all around them, or suddenly gravity would switch off and they'd slam into the back of the ship or something. They have fail safes on top of fail safes for that. He wasn't afraid of that, he just didn't like it. He would have loved instead to be traveling along some massive Astrofauna instead. He heard legends about such things existing out in the Unexplored Territories after all. That had to REALLY be something.

He takes to pacing as he waits, letting his mind calm down as he exercises his body. Pacing starts to give way to jogging in circles around the large room, doing simple laps. And with it the smile comes back to his face, as he feels centered and calm once more. He didn't know if most meditated that way or not, he just knew it was what worked for him, the simple movement and repetition helping clear his mind as he could focus on a single activity, until eventually his mind was blank and he could hear the force moving around him as easily as the winds over the sands. Even out in space he could still feel it after all, and that was always a source of great comfort.

shizukanashi
2015-05-29, 05:00 AM
While meditating Deyku closely watches his mentor assemble his lightsaber. He clears his head and reaches out with the force to get a better sense of his surroundings and searching for any abnormalities in the immediate area.

Deyku is very concerned about his dream and his master, but is not ready to warn or confront him yet. I am assuming "consumed by darkness" is literal so He is as of yet unsure how to interpret this, whether it means dieing, being lost to us, or even turning to the darkside.

Right now, I would just like to search him with Magnify Senses (http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Magnify_Senses) to see if I detect anything abnormal or otherwise alarming. This is important enough that I will use a Character Point on my roll making my Sense roll: [roll0] since the second dice is a CP dice it also counts as wild so if either is a 6 I will also add [roll1] Since he is right in front of me, but we are not touching the DC should be Very Easy +2.

EDIT: :smallbiggrin: 13 should be enough, but let me know if you want me to keep rolling the exploding die!

androgial
2015-05-29, 03:55 PM
Sharana ignores the lightsabre. She already knows hers will be vastly different from the others. A lightsabre is a reflection of the Jedi that wields it after all. Instead she deftly falls asleep, not that she meant to.

Karen Lynn
2015-06-01, 05:32 PM
You see nothing beyond the ordinary. You smell something tangy and coppery in the air. You can almost taste the alcohol Gilly left open. You hear a thrumming, wrenching sound, as though metal were tearing.

Currently, nothing exciting happens on the ship. It is several hours before a deck hand comes to gather you up for a meal. Prior to the interruption, Gilly finishes assembling the Lightsaber and stows it in his vest, a loose, ratty shell of a cloak.

The meal is a simple affair; off-duty officers and ship hands eating, talking, and cajoling each other, paying no attention to any of you. The co-pilot informs the group that the ship will be meeting up at a space station over Drexel for your next ship.

shizukanashi
2015-06-03, 07:22 PM
Deyku had trouble stomaching his dinner, though he knew he should eat what he could. It very well could be he would need the extra sustenance for the upcoming trials. Meditating had given him a chance to think, but still no solution could be found. He did not want to trouble the others for fear his dream could affect them as much as it had him, and have an adverse effect on their own trial. Still with no idea what to do, it was time to share his concerns.

Deyku made sure he was seated with the other children, but out of Gilly's immediate hearing. "I had a dream." he whispered hoping the din of the crews conversation and the aspice of chewing on a dinner roll would hide his words from all but Sharana, Jigunda, and Khosah. Trying to convey the seriousness of the matter he made eye contact with each in turn. He hoped they would remember that he sometimes had visions of the future or otherwise unknowable information when he slept. "I fear we may be about to lose our teacher!"

androgial
2015-06-03, 08:43 PM
Sharana seems to be pouting as she rubs the sleep from her eyes for the meal. She looks carefully at the crew to see if "gunny" is there or not. Some guard I turned out to be. How could I fall Asleep like that?

perception: [roll0]
if 1st die = 6 [roll1] stop at 1st non 6

sense: life detection [roll2]
if 1st die = 6 [roll3] stop at 1st non 6

As Deyku speaks up, Sharana leans in close and whispers so only the padawans can hear. You just figure that out or did you just work up the courage to say something? Because seriously as much as he drank he should be dead already, at least according to the obviously outdated first aid supplements I've read state so.

VexingFool
2015-06-04, 03:45 AM
Drexel… wasn’t there a famous space battle there? Khosah thought to himself as he ate his food. He mentally shrugged and thought about how good the spacer’s food tasted to him. Something about the combination of travelling at high speed and the slight metallic tang seemed to comfort him.

As Deyku and Sharana whispered he tried to think about what they had learned about force visions. He knew from their conversations that the Iktotchi were especially gifted at seeing the future. Khosah had never had any visions of the future greater than the subconscious millisecond glimpses that gave him the famous ‘Jedi Reflexes’. He could see Deyku was seriously worried and tried to come up with something that might make him feel better. “What was it that Master Gilly taught us? Something like, ‘Time is always changing course’, so maybe there’s nothing to worry about…” He knew he had remembered the lesson wrong but hoped he had given Deyku some peace.

“Besides,” he grinned as he shot Sharana and Jigunda a sideways glance, “He’s got all of us to protect him.”

ArcturusV
2015-06-04, 06:06 AM
Jigunda was wolfing down his food, hardly tasting it. The boy was growing, and his appetite grew with him, you could have sworn that he must have had a hollow leg where he was storing it all for a long winter. Holding up his tray to his face he was scooping it in with rapid motions, hardly even touching the food as he swallowed, barely any chewing. Probably for the best part, as Jigunda thought that the food probably would have tasted badly anyway, nothing like a good fire roasted beast after all.

Finishing his second tray he swallowed loudly and locked eyes with Deyku, and offered his fellow youngling a bright, wide smile, his eyes shining and carefree, "You know... that's a good thing in a way, not something to worry about." He waited until others perhaps reacted and stared at him like he was crazy about saying a dream about such a dark sounding subject was a good thing.

"If we succeed... he won't be our teacher anymore. Our teacher will be gone, and instead he'll be our colleague and friend. A dream of success, yes?" He grabbed up a cup, and drained the contents in three long gulps, setting it down hard as he let out a satisfied, full sounding sigh.

"If you dream of a Kyrat Dragon tomorrow... tell me, I totally want to ride it. That sounds fun." He let out a short little laugh, "Good times and success."

VexingFool
2015-06-06, 01:27 AM
Khosah's smile got bigger. "That would be pretty wizard!" he said to Jigunda nodding his head in agreement. His smile faded and he arched an eybrow as he tried to put a serious expression on his face "Of course you'd have to figure out how not to become a dragon-snack first..." He stared into space as if in deep thought and then slowly a smile crept back on his face as he began to giggle.

androgial
2015-06-06, 06:06 AM
Kyrat.......kyrat.........cant say I have heard of one of those. Let's see here .....hmmm krayt dragon maybe? taryk? rykat?kyart? I dunno never heard of those things. Maybe it lives on an outer rim world none visits and thus no one knows anything about them. cept of course people whom live on worlds they tend to live on.

Karen Lynn
2015-06-06, 11:51 PM
Gunny walks by and whispers to Gilly. Afterward a short, quiet conversation, Gunny comes to round the four of you up and starts leading the way to the docking tube. "Hey kids, come with me. Gotta get ya to the next ship right away."

shizukanashi
2015-06-07, 01:02 AM
Deyku did his best to listen into the conversation, but he could not concentrate. He was still troubled about his dream and the way his friends casually accepted it. Perhaps that was for the best though, desires lead to suffering. Nothing is perminant, all things are temporary. If Gilly was to be lost to them it must be the will of the force. He didn't go into details of course the darkness he saw, but he had brought the issue to his friends and they had given their answer. Trust the will of the force. At least his conscious was clean.

He made sure to grab his gear before following Gunny, best to get settled into the next ship, he could talk with his master later...

androgial
2015-06-08, 05:03 PM
Sharana cleans off her plate and downs her water. Then she places her empty dishes in the appropriate place. Next she stops by the room they were placed in and picks up her rather small bag. And the whole time she is following Gunny, she is going over every little detail with which to use in operation : guilt trip, a specific operation in which she guilt trips Gilly for abandoning his charges......hopefully she wont need to use operation: guilt trip.

ArcturusV
2015-06-08, 10:41 PM
He had gathered his things, he was still a bit... tense. Cooped up in closed spaces after all, and with the promise of an Adventure! soon and an actual place to explore was a hard thing for a young kid the likes of Jigunda to deal with. He wanted to run, and ride, and explore, and get to meet cool new stuff. And yet, shuttled from sterile closed space to sterile closed space.

Gathering up his meager belongings he was eager to get off this crate. Not so much because it was all that unpleasant really, as far as crates go. He hadn't been on that many so maybe it was, you could have fooled him. But only because the next ship meant that the next stop might actually be their destination. And he still had no idea what was waiting for them. That was half the fun.

He had a bright smile on his face, bouncing on the balls of his feet, ready to go and hoping the next ship was a bit more open and interesting than the last, less gruff isolationist crew and maybe some cool new people. Maybe even a chance to hear some new stories and learn about some new culture. That was always fun.

VexingFool
2015-06-08, 11:58 PM
Khosah did a quick inventory of his things before strapping his spacer bag to his back. As they were leaving their temporary quarters he looked around to see if he or any of the others had left anything behind. It was a habit he had picked up after leaving behind one of his favorite toys in a hotel on Nar Shaddaa. He hoped Snarley, his stuffed manka cat, had found a good home.

As the others filed out of the room he fell in at the rear as they followed Gunny to the docking tube.

Karen Lynn
2015-06-13, 02:14 AM
Just as you ago begin to exit, Gilly comes by, taking lead in place of Gunny. "Right, then. All fixed up. Pleasure meetin' ya and all, fly safe. You never saw us. Nobody saw us. We were never here. This was a fuel cargo run for the station, strictly off the books on the way to your next contact." Gilly quickly urges everyone off, shushing any noise immediately. Gilly stands up straight and barks out, "Thanks for the fuel, now shove off! Got work needs doin'!", and closes the air lock hatch. "Not a word until we're off the next ship. Not. A. Word."

You all are ushered quickly to a small shuttle, crammed in like sardines in a room little larger than an escape pod, and quickly enter hyperspace.

Anything done while on your way through the station or on the shuttle?

androgial
2015-06-13, 12:58 PM
Sharana very quickly, as they pass the stores on the station,buys herself 1 datapad at 100 credits and one customized medical backpack at 600 credits. If she has the time, a spare blaster clip for 25 and a personal comlink for 25. otherwise she follows gilly's word and says nothing.

VexingFool
2015-06-16, 12:37 AM
Khosah followed quietly as his master had instructed. He silently wondered if something had gone wrong. Master Gilly seems a little grumpier than usual.

He knew it was dangerous for Force sensitives to move openly and that the Inquisitorius was always on the hunt. After he had won the Junior Swoop Championship on Coruscant the Inquisitorius wanted him tested for the Force. He and his parents fled before that could happen and barely managed to escape. With help from friends on the racing circuit they were smuggled around the galaxy. The Inquisitors hounded them at every turn. They nearly had Khosah and his family on Tatooine. If it had not been for the mysterious old man's help they probably would've been caught.

After they escaped, the old man had directed them to a meeting with Gilly. At first Master Gilly did not want to train him, something about Khosah being 'Too old'. But after reading a message from the old man he reluctantly agreed. Khosah said goodbye to his parents and hoped that once he was away the Inquisitors would not find them. Since the Inquisitors would be looking for a child Lafrarian, two adults travelling alone should've been able to slip away.

A large lump began to form in his throat as the thought of his parents being captured entered his mind. He swallowed hard and fought back the tears that started to well up. You must control your emotions!
He resolved to try and follow his Master's instructions as best he could.

Karen Lynn
2015-06-21, 12:18 AM
Once everyone is safely aboard the new ship in a room little more than an escape pod, you are quickly shuttled off the station and enter hyperspace.

It isn't more than minutes before everyone is herded off, switching ships through a docking collar, to a much larger frigate.

Once aboard, Gilly finally breaks the silence.

"Sharana, why did you buy stuff on that station? Did any of you notice the people following us?"

He won't hold much conversation, and the days drift by, blending one into the next. After another eight ships, you ago start to feel a pull. Like a guiding hand driving you forward.

You're here.

It's a large, rocky planet covered in what seems to be jungle islands and snaky seas. As you enter the atmosphere, you see your approach brings you towards a larger island that formed around the base of a still active volcano. Deep, thick black smoke is belching from the blown top, warning everything around that it may erupt any day.

You soon land near a downed escape pod. After assuring the captain that they don't need to stay, Old Gilly looks upon you all.

"Here we are. One of the planets that are still safe. On this island is the access to your crystal. You will find it either in the jungle or on the volcano itself. Be wary. We are not alone; even if we were, the natural dangers could still end you. We will use this pod as our base and camp. I will remain here. I will do some basic hunting and cooking for us, so that is one less thing to cloud your minds. Meditate. Be at peace. Find your center. Your crystal will find you."

You are now up to your own devices. What happens next is your story. Gilly will remain at the camp for the entirety of the duration.

VexingFool
2015-06-23, 01:55 AM
“Are we supposed to do this alone? Or are we allowed to help each other?” Khosah asked Master Gilly while looking with hope at his fellow students.

Khosah changed from his street clothes and into his Jedi robe. He strapped his blaster and knife to his belt then clipped his comlink to an easily accessible location. I wish I had Dad’s old hunting rifle but I guess this will do.

He folded up his street clothes and pulled his old racing suit and helmet out of his bag. The suit no longer fit correctly and the helmet was much tighter on his head but he had kept them for sentimental reasons. As he ran his fingers over them he thought back to the days where the only thing he had to worry about was racing. A Jedi is supposed to let go of attachments. He tried to shake off the memories but he often found it difficult to let go of the past. He supposed that is why Master Gilly had said he was too old. He had formed too many strong attachments to his previous life. Khosah sighed inwardly and stashed the spare clothing aboard the pod.

He strapped the spacer’s bag with his remaining gear to his back. “I’m going to gather some firewood and check out the surrounding area.” He closed his eyes for a brief moment as he reached out with the force to detect the nearby lifeforms. He continued to let the force flow and sense the presence of life as he searched a 100m radius from the escape pod.

Sense: 1D (Keeping up)
[roll0]
Wild Die Roll (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19439436&postcount=36)
Life Detection Total:10

Search: 4D +2D vision -1D power kept up
[roll1]
Wild Die Roll (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=19439436&postcount=36)
Search Total: 20

androgial
2015-06-23, 12:18 PM
Sharana, upon seeing the escape pod, moves inside. She immediately starts looking for: rations, med pacs, tents, backpacks, a tool kit, canteens, other survival gear, blaster packs, blaster pack rechargers. Unloading what she finds outside the pod, she takes what tools she has and starts dismantling the pod to build a proper emergency shelter, as the pods were designed for.

search:[roll0]
space transport repair(dismantling):[roll1]+1
survival(shelter building):[roll2]+1
extra dice for any sixes:[roll3]

Karen Lynn
2015-07-09, 03:46 AM
"That is entirely up to you. You can help or go it alone. Wear something comfortable. There are many things here, large and small that will kill you and eat you. If you're lucky, it'll be in that order."

Gilly will help break the pod down, that being finished in about three hours. If anyone else assists, it takes a half hour less for everyone who helps.