PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need Assistance building a Skald

5w337x7007h
2015-05-23, 10:55 PM
I'm trying to build a Skald. Born with the heart of a fighter and the body of a bard, he cannot enter the fray like most, but he is much better at hitting his enemies where it hurts.
I want to build up a support fighter, but I'm struggling with which feats and rage powers he'll build up with.

I'd like to build the Spirit Totem Tree, and build up to Greater Skald's Vigor, to give everyone regeneration in a fight, basically playing a healer/buffer. Basically a Support Fighter.

I'm at lvl 4, and here are my rolls, (4d6 drop the lowest) 17, 16, 14, 12, 12, 10. Unassigned as of yet.

So far, I've been shooting around feats, spells, and rage powers. "What should I do if my GM doesn't allow this one, or this one." So I'd like to keep it to Core, APG, ARG, UM, UC, ACG, Inner Sea Gods, Monster Codex, and Unchained (if necessary). I know there are bunches of awesome feats especially 3rd party, but these are the books I have readily accessible.

Grod_The_Giant
2015-05-23, 11:29 PM
Battle Cry is a sweet feat for anyone with a good Charisma-- Cha mod/day, you can activate it as a swift action to grant everyone around you a minute-long minor combat boost which can be dismissed to reroll a save. Rerolls. For everyone. As a swift action. Many times a day. The Fated Champion archetype might also be worth taking. You lose stuff you don't care about (Well Versed, Dirge of Doom) for an initiative bonus and better divinations.

5w337x7007h
2015-05-24, 01:12 AM
I could get that at 5th level, but I still need to figure out what I should get for my first three levels. If I take the Fated Champion archetype or not, I imagine my first three feats would be Toughness, Improved Initiative, and Power Attack.

My Stats might end up looking like this after including my +2 racial and my 4th level stat bonus;

Str 18 (+1 stat), Dex 14 (+2 H), Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16

From there, I can gain a Guisarme and a Cestus for flanking reasons, and a breastplate. I can go Perform: Sing, where my character chants or something along those lines. Maybe songs from the Brutal Legend soundtrack.

Overall, that should cover all my bases, correct?

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-05-24, 10:00 AM
I think nabbing one of the linnorm death curses as a rage power could be good. Its based off your DC, affects everyone that is affected by your raging song, and even gives a tiny little damage boost. I would rearrange those stats; I would use the human +2 to either reinforce a great score, or make one equal to another, rather than reinforce a low score.

5w337x7007h
2015-05-24, 01:16 PM
You're saying I should put that +2 into Str, Con, or Cha?