PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Creation Questions

Mr. Pockets
2015-05-24, 01:23 AM
I have recently started dabbling in the tome of battle, experimenting with a few of it's classes (Currently playing a factotum/Sword Sage, love it), and I've always loved the Dragonborn Template, and I've recently discovered my love for the war forged race.

I'm thinking of creating a bard Crusader (I want a cool theme song for battle, I was thinking everything from Blind Guardian), and I want to make myself into a beefy source of damage absorption using a bit of optimization. I don't want to really cut into character, but I guess I'm looking to see what options I have so I can figure out what's best and simultaneously doesn't make me a weak character.

Can you guys give me some tips for making this? I'm open about the model and build of my character, my only real pick is wanting to keep my lusty Dragonborn Template.

OldTrees1
2015-05-24, 08:46 AM
Well it looks like you have the race (Dragonborn Warforged) and base classes decided. You just need to decide on a level ratio and progression.

The "Song of the White Raven" feat allows your Crusader levels to progress your Inspire Courage song and allows you to use it as a swift action. This is good but it does not progress your other bard spells. So if you want Inspire Greatness you will need 9+(9,12,15, or 18) levels of Bard in your build. On the other hand if you are fine with Inspire Courage then you only need 1 level of Bard(although more timed correctly can help maneuver acquisition).

So is it a Bard/Crusader or a Crusader/Bard you are wanting?

KingSmitty
2015-05-24, 08:55 AM
look into warforged juggernaut, may not help towards your concept but the benefits are very hard to match elsewhere.

Taveena
2015-05-24, 09:46 AM
The classic Bardsader is Bard 4/Crusader 16 - this'll let your first Crusader level grant you a bunch of second level maneuvers.

OldTrees1
2015-05-24, 09:55 AM
The classic Bardsader is Bard 4/Crusader 16 - this'll let your first Crusader level grant you a bunch of second level maneuvers.

Crusader gets their 2nd stance at 2nd class level. So it might be wise to hit IL 5 at that level. This would also set them up for their 3rd stance at 8th class level hitting IL 11 for a 6th level stance.

So an alternate track would be Bard 4 / Crusader 1 / X 2 / Crusader +13.

Mr. Pockets
2015-05-26, 11:20 PM
good to know on these. so as far as class is concerned I wont have to dip my toes into too many cups.

Yes I'm looking for Bard/Crusader, Crusader being the bulk so While empowering allies a bit I can ultimately become a beastly source of defense. I'll look into this.

So for Warforged creations where theyre concerned, It's a warforged created from a certain individual creature already in existence correct?

torrasque666
2015-05-26, 11:35 PM
As per Eberron Lore, they are created in Creation Forges, which are mostly controlled by House Cannith. They are created from stone, metal, leather, wood, etc. Not from currently existing creatures, though organic material can be usede, allowing for inherited templates to be applied even though they barely fit fluffwise. Not incompatible, but definitely rare.

Taveena
2015-05-27, 05:48 AM
It IS possible for an existing creature to become Warforged through the Renegade Mastermaker prestige class, but Warforged from Creation Forges are only made from dead or inorganic material (wood and metal being the default).

Ferronach
2015-05-27, 11:06 AM
acording to "historical" fluff, the master forge(s) were/are able to create more diverse warforged with different power levels etc.
House Canith is able to tweak their warforged to an extent but are not able to alter the core concept of something that starts out as a pile of "Stuff" and ends up as a living construct.
All of House C's warforged have a core set of command words built into them (usually pertaining to battle) but it is unclear if those from the master forge follow the same rules.
The "personality" of each warforged depends on that warforged because just as with people, each one is minutely different and has its own personality.

Theoretically, with a master forge, the right parts, and the correct know-how, pretty much any warforged should be possible. All the way from a tiny one to a colossal++ one.
Note: acording to fluff, the master forge(s) is/are/have been lost for a very long time.

Fluff rumours have it that The Lord of Blades (a rogue warforged that some warforged worship) controls a forge that may be a master forge.

Depending on what you want for your character, you should be able to use the fluff to your advantage in swinging your concept by your DM :)