PDA

View Full Version : BadPhilosophy Campaign 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

atnorman
2015-05-24, 09:27 AM
This is an Eberron campaign for the badphilosophy subreddit. The current makeup of the party is:

Thing, a CN Warforged Warblade

Zaf, a CN Changeling Rogue working for the citadel in Breeland

Orchid, a LN Human Favored Soul who serves as a doctor for the poor.

Do-Ra, the NG Changeling Factotum, an experiment by House Thurranni gone horribly right, with the fusion of the Dragonmark of Shadows to an unborn changeling. He's now on the run from his former creators.

Ox, a NG Goliath Crusader who wishes to purge all evil from Eberron with his sword. Flamma Vult.

Zwaard, a TN Warforged Fighter

Kip, a TN Iredar Kobold Artificer who left his clan to pursue his own dreams of building gizmos.

Zakiri, a CG Kalashtar Telepath

Commdus, a LG Half-Elf Wizard

Pip, a NG Changeling Ranger who was raised by the Church of the Silver Flame

Salvatore, a NE Human Spellthief

The campaign begins on an Orien Caravan heading for Siyar from Flamekeep. Ox and Pip have both been assigned by the Church to deal with some complaints coming from the local Priest about events occurring in his parish that he's simply too busy to deal with. On their way to the Caravan, striding impatiently, they pass by a healer in a robe wearing a strange mask tending to an orphan in the street. After a while, she breaks away and heads in the same direction as them. In the background, a cloaked figure is tailing her as if he’s been given orders to do so. When she also reaches the caravan and joins it, he sighs to himself and joins as well, trying to avoid her attention.

In their wagon, there's also two war forged sitting silently, three hooded figures who seem normal sized and another smaller hooded figure sitting off in a corner.

(Feel free to talk to each other)

Orchid
2015-05-24, 10:57 AM
The girl in the mask sways awkwardly and shifts uncomfortably into a corner of the caravan. She fiddles with a tuft of white hair hanging out of the mask.

"Well... greetings everyone." She says. "I'm Orchid."

TheSitarHero
2015-05-24, 01:45 PM
Pip puts on a timid smile, keeping wary of the hooded travellers.

"Greetings, sister. My name is Pip. What brings you south today?"

Tall Tales
2015-05-24, 02:01 PM
The smaller hooded figure seems to be struggling with something in his corner. The faint sound of the scratching of an inkpen on parchment can be heard and an even lower frustrated muttering can be discerned if one listens closely. "Maybe tighten to deliver more force? But frame can't handle it without reinforcement. Grrrr."

He seems to belatedly hear Orchid's words as he raises his head a few moments after her pronouncement, ignoring Pip's own. "What? Hello. Don't bother me." His reply is fast and precise, voice pitched in a high whine. He glances around before lowering his head and returning to muttering to himself.

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-24, 02:25 PM
One hooded figure keeps its face in shadow and looks up.

" I'm going home."

Orchid
2015-05-24, 02:27 PM
Orchid flinches at the short one's kurtness and then turns to Pip.

"I am a doctor who tends to those who would otherwise go untreated. I travel from city to city plying my trade. And yourself?"

Waldorfww
2015-05-24, 03:37 PM
Salvatore smiles as he hears the hooded scribe's little voice.

"I can tell I'm going to like the little guy" he whispers to his white-haired companion. "And should you really be telling them that, Orchid? Patients aren't something you need to look for, really. Someone is going to end up asking for your help before the day ends, mark my words. And of course they are not going to want to pay for it."

Orchid
2015-05-24, 04:32 PM
Orchid adjusts her mask nervously. "Sorry... I just figured that it'd be okay to tell them. I mean... I'm not much for telling lies and these all seem harmless enough."

She hangs her head and fiddles with her gloved fingers, then adds, "besides, I doubt any one here will need my help. I mean... Your not expecting trouble on the ride... Oh, or are you?" She inquires hesitantly

Waldorfww
2015-05-24, 04:52 PM
"Whatever. It's not like you to keep secrets, right?". Salvatore looked at the strangers. "I'm Salvatore. I travel with Orchid. Watch people die, for the most part. I'm no healer".

so--what
2015-05-24, 04:58 PM
Thing, a towering Warforged, puts down his copy of the Kronnanberg Chronicles, as the wagon creaks under its weight.

"If trouble comes it will meet its match!" it boasts. "I am heading to Sharn, with the hope of putting body and blade to the service of Morgrave University. They are less reluctant to hire our lot," he says, gesturing at the other living construct.

"Glory in combat and gold in my pocket is what I seek in Sharn. If I find it on the way, all the better!"

fread2281
2015-05-24, 05:05 PM
"I'm Zakiri. I'm also searching for work...or something. I don't really have a plan." says one of the hooded figures.

mmorality
2015-05-24, 05:10 PM
As Zaf leans forward to speak the light illuminates her face, revealing the features of a forgettable half-elf. She smiles at Thing as she speaks: "A bit of gold certainly wouldn't hurt me either, friend."

Orchid
2015-05-24, 06:18 PM
"Oh... so almost everyone here... save for the guy who is going home is some sort of mercenary?" inquires Orchid.

fread2281
2015-05-24, 06:35 PM
"Oh...um, I'm not really a mercenary, I'd just rather not be broke and on the streets." replies Zakiri.

mmorality
2015-05-24, 06:59 PM
Zaf grins: "Some folk need relief from the dual burden of problems and extra coin. Nothing wrong with giving them a hand."

Orchid
2015-05-24, 08:25 PM
"Oh...um, I'm not really a mercenary, I'd just rather not be broke and on the streets." replies Zakiri.

"Oh... that's good. What do you do for coin? What are your skills?" inquires the masked doctor.

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-24, 10:16 PM
The hooded figure looks all the way up and her hood falls off revealing the features of a quietly beautiful human female. Here eyes lock on like magic missles to the two war forged and she asked in that same quiet voice. "Are going to enlist in thier military?"

Tall Tales
2015-05-24, 11:01 PM
"Glory in combat and gold in my pocket is what I seek in Sharn. If I find it on the way, all the better!"

With all the conversation going on, the smaller figure seems to be unable to concentrate on his work. He scribbles some final notes before putting his things away in a slapshod backpack that looks to be held together only by several patches of leather.

"Rrr. Even better if you do so quietly. Never mind. Can't think with your noise. Name-mine is Kip." His thick accent is clear, hard and hissing.

"I'm Salvatore. I travel with Orchid. Watch people die, for the most part. I'm no healer".

He turns his attention to Salvatore. "If you travel with her, and watch people die, assumption begins that her doctor-skills questionable."

SnakyDog
2015-05-24, 11:11 PM
"I've never really considered myself a mercanary," replies a young Half-Elf man with a shaved head. "I don't like the connotations of the term. But I've sold my skills as a magic user to a few different organizations and individuals over the years, so some might apply that label to me. My name is Commodus by the way."

Orchid
2015-05-24, 11:25 PM
"I've never really considered myself a mercanary," replies a young Half-Elf man with a shaved head. "I don't like the connotations of the term. But I've sold my skills as a magic user to a few different organizations and individuals over the years, so some might apply that label to me. My name is Commodus by the way."

"Oh... A magic user?" says Orchid, rather impressed. "What sorts of magic do you perform?"

Then she turns to the small one.

"I'm a great doctor..." She says with a faltering half confidence, trailing off.

SnakyDog
2015-05-25, 12:28 AM
"I practice all varieties of arcane magic, I prefer to be as versatile as I can. My father taught me the arcane arts as I was growing up. Where did you learn to practice medicine?"

Then she turns to the small one.

"I'm a great doctor..." She says with a faltering half confidence, trailing off.

"Never mind the small one, people die, it's the natural order."

Orchid
2015-05-25, 12:48 AM
"I practice all varieties of arcane magic, I prefer to be as versatile as I can. My father taught me the arcane arts as I was growing up. Where did you learn to practice medicine?"

"I've always had an affinity for illnesses, but I actually apprenticed under a small town doctor who worked with house Jorasco during an outbreak. That's where I learned my trade formally."

fread2281
2015-05-25, 12:48 AM
"Oh... that's good. What do you do for coin? What are your skills?" inquires the masked doctor.

"I was training in psionics in Flamekeep, so hopefully I'll be able to find a job with that." replies Zakiri.

TheSitarHero
2015-05-25, 04:11 AM
"Ox here and I are no mercenaries," says Pip, gesturing at the hulking figure beside him. "We do the work of the Silver Flame. Do any of you keep the faith?" With this, Pip looks out of the corner of his eye at Salvatore.

NWA
2015-05-25, 05:10 AM
Zwaard, previously looking rather absentminded, suddenly shrugged, upon hearing from Pip.

"Faith.. one of the things I could not fully understand, even after all of the time I spent amongst humies, during the times of calm"

With a short smile on his face

"My name is Zwaard. It is a fairly recent one, I hope you like it

"I don't know where am I going, or what am I looking for -- one thing I am sure of is that there is nothing I can find where I came from"

NWA
2015-05-25, 05:15 AM
Zwaard turns to Thing:

"It's not usual to see one of our kin pursuing scholarship. What is this Morgrave University, and what are you going to do there?"

so--what
2015-05-25, 08:54 AM
Thing smiles. "I'm no scholar! I was built and trained for combat. Morgrave needs artifacts, relics, and such. Those may be in dangerous places. They don't send professors to fight monsters, do they?"

Waldorfww
2015-05-25, 09:02 AM
With all the conversation going on, the smaller figure seems to be unable to concentrate on his work. He scribbles some final notes before putting his things away in a slapshod backpack that looks to be held together only by several patches of leather.

"Rrr. Even better if you do so quietly. Never mind. Can't think with your noise. Name-mine is Kip." His thick accent is clear, hard and hissing.

He turns his attention to Salvatore. "If you travel with her, and watch people die, assumption begins that her doctor-skills questionable."

"Your assumption is mistaken. There are travelling quacks and Orchid's not one of 'em. But Death is just as skilled. Very experienced, in fact, as you can probably guess."

SnakyDog
2015-05-25, 10:53 AM
"We do the work of the Silver Flame. Do any of you keep the faith?"

The Half-Elf called Commodus turns to Pip and replies "I do, I converted eight years ago, when I was 19." Commodus speaks at an even pace, with little inflection, "I don't work for the church, but I do my best to keep the faith. If I might ask, are you on assignment right now?"

Dumb Ox
2015-05-25, 02:19 PM
"If I might ask, are you on assignment right now?"

"I am always on assignment. My will is that of the Flame's, and I do as my superiors command."

NWA
2015-05-25, 02:46 PM
Thing smiles. "I'm no scholar! I was built and trained for combat. Morgrave needs artifacts, relics, and such. Those may be in dangerous places. They don't send professors to fight monsters, do they?"

Zwaard's eyes light up.

"Of course they do not. This sounds interesting. Is that place far away from here? I haven't seen a real university in close before, but I am quite interested."

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-25, 03:00 PM
"I am always on assignment. My will is that of the Flame's, and I do as my superiors command."

Do-Ra frowns slightly
"So From one Army to another. You where gifted with free will and freedom, and you throw it away for the security of giving away responsibility and comfort of not having to make decisions."

Orchid
2015-05-25, 03:54 PM
"That's an abrupt conclusion," Says Orchid in response to Do-Ra's outburst, and then towards the silver flame people adds,

"I'm not a follower of the church, but I'm certainly impressed by the faith of its adherents."

Waldorfww
2015-05-25, 04:03 PM
"That's an abrupt conclusion," Says Orchid in response to Do-Ra's outburst, and then towards the silver flame people adds,

"I'm not a follower of the church, but I'm certainly impressed by the faith of its adherents."

"Abrupt, perhaps, but not far-fetched, is it?". "However," he adds, looking Do-Ra in the eye, "becoming a fanatic is an act of his own free will. Heck, he might be free-er than us, for all I know".

so--what
2015-05-25, 05:02 PM
Thing interjects :

"I find it best to avoid religious arguments in Flamekeep, or in Thrane altogether. The faithful have been nothing but respectful with me."

It turns to Zwaard : "The metropolis of Sharn is nearly a thousand miles from here, as the airship flies. And we're not on one. But I believe the reward to be worth the trip."

NWA
2015-05-25, 05:13 PM
It turns to Zwaard : "The metropolis of Sharn is nearly a thousand miles from here, as the airship flies. And we're not on one. But I believe the reward to be worth the trip."

"Do you mind me joining you on your way there? I don't really have anything else to do, I can keep you some company :smallredface:"

"Is the road dangerous? I haven't fought in a while, but our primitive skills do not rust"

Dumb Ox
2015-05-25, 06:19 PM
Do-Ra frowns slightly
"So From one Army to another. You where gifted with free will and freedom, and you throw it away for the security of giving away responsibility and comfort of not having to make decisions."

"It is not security I seek, and I care little for comfort."

so--what
2015-05-25, 06:46 PM
"Do you mind me joining you on your way there? I don't really have anything else to do, I can keep you some company :smallredface:"

"Is the road dangerous? I haven't fought in a while, but our primitive skills do not rust"

"I don't mind company. The road through Thrane and Breland should be safe enough."

fread2281
2015-05-25, 07:18 PM
Zakiri backs into a corner, and seems focused.

How I do listening/listen checks?

How advanced is the medicine on eberron, especially in synthesizing steroids and monitoring blood components (as compared to today's medicine)?

What kind of cart are we in?

atnorman
2015-05-25, 07:34 PM
Zakiri backs into a corner, and seems focused.

How I do listening/listen checks?

How advanced is the medicine on eberron, especially in synthesizing steroids and monitoring blood components (as compared to today's medicine)?

What kind of cart are we in?

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?360837-This-is-how-you-use-the-Dice-Roller

It's not. At all.

Think a covered wagon.

fread2281
2015-05-25, 07:52 PM
Zakiri moves to a corner close to the front, and listens intently. She seems uneasy.

Listen check: [roll0].

atnorman
2015-05-25, 07:55 PM
Everything seems to be in order, at least for the moment.

Orchid
2015-05-25, 07:57 PM
"Is something wrong... umm... you look a little uneasy"

Queries Orchid towards Zakiri.

fread2281
2015-05-25, 08:19 PM
"Is something wrong... umm... you look a little uneasy"

Queries Orchid towards Zakiri.

"I...um...have the dragonmark of orien" Zakiri quietly replies.

Rereading the rules, I have to choose which ability it gives me. Updated on my sheet.

mmorality
2015-05-25, 08:38 PM
Zaf chuckles, apparently completely unfazed by the sudden tension in the wagon: "A dragonmark? Almost as good a conversation topic as religious disagreement, especially for a meeting of strangers! Do tell."

Orchid
2015-05-25, 09:22 PM
Zaf chuckles, apparently completely unfazed by the sudden tension in the wagon: "A dragonmark? Almost as good a conversation topic as religious disagreement, especially for a meeting of strangers! Do tell."

A touch more sensitively, Orchid places a gloved hand on Zakiri's shoulder.

"Are you a fugitive? Or..."

fread2281
2015-05-25, 09:45 PM
A touch more sensitively, Orchid places a gloved hand on Zakiri's shoulder.

"Are you a fugitive? Or..."

"I'd just rather not have House Orien notice..." says Zakiri, trailing off.

mmorality
2015-05-25, 09:53 PM
"I'd just rather not have House Orien notice..." says Zakiri, trailing off.

Zaf, sincerely: "Well, good luck to you with that." Then, another laugh: "You might need it, given your interesting choice of riding out of town on an Orien caravan."

Orchid
2015-05-25, 11:11 PM
Zaf, sincerely: "Well, good luck to you with that." Then, another laugh: "You might need it, given your interesting choice of riding out of town on an Orien caravan."

"They do have the market cornered." says Orchid to Zaff.

She then adds, towards the distraught dragonmark bearer, "But I'm sure we'll be fine... ohh... what was your name again? I'm Orchid."

mmorality
2015-05-25, 11:53 PM
"They do have the market cornered." says Orchid to Zaff.

Zaf nods. "I suppose that's true." To Zakiri: "But you wouldn't' be the first with a mark to keep their distance from the House."

fread2281
2015-05-25, 11:54 PM
Zaf nods. "I suppose that's true." To Zakiri: "But you wouldn't' be the first with a mark to keep their distance from the House."

"Oh‽" replies Zakiri.

mmorality
2015-05-26, 12:49 AM
"Oh‽" replies Zakiri.

"Well, I'd always assumed. The Houses are powerful, but they can't reach everywhere -- and not all Dragonmarked would be worth the hassle to track down."

TheSitarHero
2015-05-26, 04:01 AM
In the tense silence that follows, Pip pipes up again.

"What Ox meant to say is that, yes, we are on assignment right now. I see no reason to hide the good work that we do from other travellers," he says nervously, still eyeing Salvatore with suspicion.

mmorality
2015-05-26, 04:18 AM
In the tense silence that follows, Pip pipes up again.

"What Ox meant to say is that, yes, we are on assignment right now. I see no reason to hide the good work that we do from other travellers," he says nervously, still eyeing Salvatore with suspicion.

"Very interesting! What good work are you up to at the moment?"

TheSitarHero
2015-05-26, 05:40 AM
"Fairly routine. The priest in Siyar is under the weather and we're to help him with some complaints and errands, we don't know what yet." Pip pauses, judging the atmosphere. "To be honest, I'm anxious to leave the grounds of Flamekeep unguarded, but I'm assured it'll be in capable hands. We'll have to see."

mmorality
2015-05-26, 06:26 AM
"Fairly routine. The priest in Siyar is under the weather and we're to help him with some complaints and errands, we don't know what yet." Pip pauses, judging the atmosphere. "To be honest, I'm anxious to leave the grounds of Flamekeep unguarded, but I'm assured it'll be in capable hands. We'll have to see."

"Well, I'm sure Flamekeep can do without two of its guardians for a little while. And I'm sure the priest in Siyar will be grateful for the assistance. Do you two do this sort of thing often?"

Tall Tales
2015-05-26, 06:45 AM
Kip crossed his arms in the corner, seemingly bored but paying attention. It is difficult to discern what he pays attention to, his face being hidden, the shadows of his hood together with his dark-glassed goggles and black kerchief wrapped around his face masking his features.

How are kobolds treated, in this region particularly? I'm hiding my race at the moment but I'd like to know what the likely reaction would be to a kobold.

atnorman
2015-05-26, 09:40 AM
It's not fear or hatred so much as novelty. They are rather insular - so people aren't always used to seeing them, but they're certainly not hated.

Orchid
2015-05-26, 10:23 AM
Orchid looks towards the cloaked figure.

"You seem uneasy, cloaked one. We have one trying to evade the notice of house orien. Are you fleeing something as well? House Jorasco perhaps?"

Dumb Ox
2015-05-26, 10:44 AM
"Do you two do this sort of thing often?"

"I have been serving the Flame for almost 15 years. I cannot speak for my companion, as this is our first time travelling together."

Tall Tales
2015-05-26, 10:55 AM
"You seem uneasy, cloaked one. We have one trying to evade the notice of house orien. Are you fleeing something as well? House Jorasco perhaps?"

"Unease only from your distractions. My business is my own. Foolish to share such information out loud, to strangers no less, but your indiscretion is not my concern." Kip pauses, then clarifies, "But no, the houses do not chase me. How much longer to destination?"

Orchid
2015-05-26, 11:14 AM
Orchid nods.

"I can appreciate that. It does get a little cramped on these caravans... and with the bumps in the road and the chatter, any serious thinking can be hard. So what are you working on that would require such focus?"

so--what
2015-05-26, 11:31 AM
"How much longer to destination?"

Thing lowers his newspaper. "Well, let me see... we've been chatting for 15 minutes. So, we have about — hum — a month left until we reach Siyar. If you were in such a hurry, friend, you should have taken the lightning rail!"

TheSitarHero
2015-05-26, 12:13 PM
"Well, I'm sure Flamekeep can do without two of its guardians for a little while. And I'm sure the priest in Siyar will be grateful for the assistance. Do you two do this sort of thing often?"

"I have been serving the Flame for almost 15 years. I cannot speak for my companion, as this is our first time travelling together."

"Ox and I met this morning. I gather he's more of an adventurer than I am. This is the first time I've been sent on an external assignment...the first time I've really been away from Flamekeep. But I was raised to specialise in hunting devils and driving them away. Maybe those skills are needed elsewhere this time?"

Tall Tales
2015-05-26, 12:40 PM
"So what are you working on that would require such focus?"

"Said already, my business is my own.

"If you were in such a hurry, friend, you should have taken the lightning rail!"

Kip growls. "Rrr. Not what I meant." He pauses for a moment. "Meant... how long until we stop?"

Orchid
2015-05-26, 12:57 PM
"...But I was raised to specialise in hunting devils and driving them away. Maybe those skills are needed elsewhere this time?"

"Oh." she thinks for a moment, tilting her masked face as she sizes up the self proclaimed devil hunter.

"Is there a bounty do you think?"

TheSitarHero
2015-05-26, 01:37 PM
"Oh." she thinks for a moment, tilting her masked face as she sizes up the self proclaimed devil hunter.

"I'm a guardian and a gamekeeper, not a bounty hunter," says Pip, visibly offended. "I do the work of the Church."

Waldorfww
2015-05-26, 02:18 PM

"Watch out, Orchid, or you're going to hurt our righteous companion's feelings."

Looking at Pip, Salvatore adds: "No need to get upset, buddy. No one's questioning your devotion".

Orchid
2015-05-26, 03:45 PM
"Watch out, Orchid, or you're going to hurt our righteous companion's feelings."

Looking at Pip, Salvatore adds: "No need to get upset, buddy. No one's questioning your devotion".

Orchid nods.

"No offense was meant, pious warden. I ask for my own interests. As Salvatore likes to bring up... umm... what I do rarely gets me money, but medical supplies to tend to cost. So if this church is in such a dire straight that they're importing devil hunters from Flamekeep, I thought there might be a need for aid... If I misunderstand how your congregation operates... umm... sorry."

atnorman
2015-05-26, 04:01 PM
Uh, you're moving on a fast route that's well established - it's more like 2 weeks.

mmorality
2015-05-26, 05:52 PM
Orchid nods.

"No offense was meant, pious warden. I ask for my own interests. As Salvatore likes to bring up... umm... what I do rarely gets me money, but medical supplies to tend to cost. So if this church is in such a dire straight that they're importing devil hunters from Flamekeep, I thought there might be a need for aid... If I misunderstand how your congregation operates... umm... sorry."

"I'm sure the services of a healer will be worth coin to someone on the edge of the wilderness."

Would it be fair to say that we're headed to "the edge of the wilderness"?

atnorman
2015-05-26, 06:02 PM
Siyar is rather isolated from the main cities of the five kingdoms, but not as isolated as say, the Talenta Plains or the Shadow Marches.

mmorality
2015-05-26, 06:10 PM
Close enough. I'm a city changeling. All looks like wilderness/the edge of wilderness to me.

SnakyDog
2015-05-26, 08:42 PM
How many people are travelling in this caravan aside from us, and what kinds of people are there? Are there guards escorting the caravan?

atnorman
2015-05-26, 08:51 PM
Two guards, one other wagon.

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-27, 01:19 AM
"So... Any one Know any good stories?"

mmorality
2015-05-27, 06:16 AM
"So... Any one Know any good stories?"

"Unfortunately I do not, but I'd also welcome something to pass the time."

NWA
2015-05-27, 06:43 AM
My character probably has a bunch of stories from the times of the Last War; but I, as a player, know **** -- sorry, still familiarizing myself with the campaign setting

so--what
2015-05-27, 08:17 AM
Thing laughs. "Never travel without a good bard."

atnorman
2015-05-27, 09:44 AM
(I was taking this time to let you all familiarize yourselves with each other. If you think we should move on, just lemme know)

TheSitarHero
2015-05-27, 10:57 AM
I'd be happy to move on.

Orchid
2015-05-27, 11:31 AM
Ditto. Happy to move on.

Tall Tales
2015-05-27, 12:10 PM
(OOC: Yarr, moving on is fine with me.)

Dumb Ox
2015-05-27, 12:56 PM
(ooc: ready to go whenever)

Waldorfww
2015-05-27, 01:44 PM
Sure, let's move on.

atnorman
2015-05-27, 03:24 PM
Alright. Time moves on. Days pass, and you continue on your trip without incident. You pass over the road from Avaroth to Sigilstar on the fifth day and notice an odd amount of travelers heading towards Sigilstar. It is a large city, sure, but the road seems much busier than normal. On the seventh day you cross over another road and notice the same odd amount of travelers heading away from Tellyn.

Day ten comes around uneventful aside from that. You reach the Harrow-Crowns, a forest in the way to getting to Siyar. Night is falling and the caravan leader decides to set up camp right outside of the forest.

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-27, 03:31 PM
Do-Ra hops out and sets up camp as usual, placing his tent a little outside the rest of the tents.

"I Wonder what everyone has bee running from?"

so--what
2015-05-27, 04:02 PM
"We'll be sure to ask one of them if they come through here tonight."

The wagon shifts as Thing exits. He pauses and looks at the forest attentively. Facing the dark trees, he performs various martial exercices with a grace surprising for a construct his size, training his body and mind in the ancient ways of the Warblade.

TheSitarHero
2015-05-27, 04:24 PM
Pip stretches as he stands up out of the wagon.

"Are they running away? What might be drawing them all towards Sigilstar I wonder?"

so--what
2015-05-27, 04:54 PM
"Is there a religious holy day this time of year?"

Thing asks Pip, without looking at him. Thing's handaxe cuts through the air in quick practice swings. The blade shines in the light of the setting sun. The living constructs never breaks a sweat.

"I don't know much about the Church's calendar."

mmorality
2015-05-27, 05:11 PM
Zaf sets up a bedroll near the middle of the camp, her crossbow near to hand. While she works, she steals glances as Thing's exercises. When she has finished, she wanders nearer, sitting herself down inside the edge of the camp, watching with undisguised curiosity.

TheSitarHero
2015-05-27, 05:24 PM
"Is there a religious holy day this time of year?"

Thing asks Pip, without looking at him. Thing's handaxe cuts through the air in quick practice swings. The blade shines in the light of the setting sun. The living constructs never breaks a sweat.

"I don't know much about the Church's calendar."

Neither do I. Is there a Silver Flame holy day coming up?

Waldorfww
2015-05-27, 05:58 PM
"Hey, Orchid. What's the deal with all the pilgrims or whatever they are? Ugh, I hope they are pilgrims. The last thing we need is a batch of refugees wanting your help. Anyway, I guess we're staying here for the night."

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-27, 06:01 PM
knowledge religion[roll0]

Orchid
2015-05-27, 06:08 PM
"Hey, Orchid. What's the deal with all the pilgrims or whatever they are? Ugh, I hope they are pilgrims. The last thing we need is a batch of refugees wanting your help. Anyway, I guess we're staying here for the night."

Orchid shrugs.

"Someone could ask, I suppose. They didn't look particularly... driven-out-of-their-homeland-esque. I was thinking of heading into the woods for a brief spell. Get a little fresh air."

mmorality
2015-05-27, 06:27 PM
"Someone could ask, I suppose. They didn't look particularly... driven-out-of-their-homeland-esque. I was thinking of heading into the woods for a brief spell. Get a little fresh air."

Zaf's ears perk up, and she stares into the nearby woods. "Is that safe?"

Spot: [roll0]

mmorality
2015-05-27, 06:31 PM
Apparently if you preview a post with a roll it doesn't work, and/or I have further problems. Lets try again. Spot: [roll0]

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-27, 06:38 PM
"I think I'll go with you."

Orchid
2015-05-27, 06:42 PM
"I'm not going far... just past the tree line."

Orchid tilts her head sideways.

"Do you feel it to be dangerous, Zaf?"

She then turns to Do-Ra "Oh... umm..... if you must."

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-27, 07:01 PM
"I fancy a quiet walk"

Orchid
2015-05-27, 07:05 PM
"Do you have to.... I mean... oh umm... okay then."

She turns and starts walking towards the forest.

mmorality
2015-05-27, 07:09 PM
"Do you feel it to be dangerous, Zaf?"

"I don't know. I've no familiarity with these parts. But I doubt there'd be much danger to a small group. I might not go off alone, however."

Zaf doesn't follow, but keeps an attentive eye on them as they head into the woods.

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-27, 07:11 PM
Do-RA absently nods and follows the other girl into the quaint quiet wood.

Orchid
2015-05-27, 07:19 PM
Orchid travels some way into the woods rather quietly. After a while she takes off her mask and shakes down her white hair, and breaths deeply. She sits down on a nearby stump.

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-27, 07:30 PM
Do-RA lays on her back. Lookup at the darkening sky past the swaying branches "I thought I would never see you take that thing off... Why do you wear it all the time. None of us carry any diseases."

Orchid
2015-05-27, 07:40 PM
Orchid shrugs. "If I have my own tent I usually don't wear it to sleep. When traveling on my own or, at the very least in an open wagon I don't wear it."

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-27, 07:48 PM
"I see. So your the one who is sick."

atnorman
2015-05-27, 08:08 PM
(Sorry was making and eating dinner)

There is no Holy Day.

And those in the woods make listen checks.

The spot check returns nothing unusual.

Orchid
2015-05-27, 08:09 PM
Orchid sits quietly, and looks towards the setting sun in brief contemplation. "I used to be. I nearly died. I guess that's why I do what I do. I can't abide seeing innocent people helpless to the ravages of illness."

1d20+3

Orchid
2015-05-27, 08:21 PM
Forums are hard. I can't into dice roll
[roll1]

Waldorfww
2015-05-27, 08:30 PM
Sorry about not being able to reply earlier: I'd like to tag along into the forest. If that's not OK, ignore this post I guess.

Salvatore follows after Orchid and Do-Ra.

"That's literally the second or third most selfish reason for helping others I can conceive. Not that I care, mind you".

Listen:
[roll0]

Orchid
2015-05-27, 08:52 PM
Orchid breaths in the crisp air.

"I don't think... I mean... doesn't matter my intention, right? Just the act of helping is what matters. especially to the recipient."

Waldorfww
2015-05-27, 09:04 PM
"I'm sure all the people you've saved are, indeed, grateful. But you do matter, dear. If your intentions aren't - and I'm just speculating here- the most pure, you could be sick in your own way, you know? What I mean to say is: you do a lot of good to others, but perhaps you should look into cleaning your own heart. And don't take this the wrong way, but if everybody succumbed to their impulses the way you do, what heinous acts would be committed! But don't pay me any attention, dear. Thankfully, your deepest desires are inherently good. There's nothing wrong with giving in if you sincerely believe that, is it?"

Going to get some sleep. I'll answer again in exactly 8 hours. Sorry.

Orchid
2015-05-27, 09:20 PM
"I'm sure all the people you've saved are, indeed, grateful. But you do matter, dear. If your intentions aren't - and I'm just speculating here- the most pure, you could be sick in your own way, you know? What I mean to say is: you do a lot of good to others, but perhaps you should look into cleaning your own heart. And don't take this the wrong way, but if everybody succumbed to their impulses the way you do, what heinous acts would be committed! But don't pay me any attention, dear. Thankfully, your deepest desires are inherently good. There's nothing wrong with giving in if you sincerely believe that, is it?"

Going to get some sleep. I'll answer again in exactly 8 hours. Sorry.

"Um... so what are you saying? I mean... Isn't it evident that most people have at least a naive sense of good and evil? I'm not the best at this sort of fancy thinking but... well It appears to me like you're removing the vital context of that naive sense in order to argue that no action motivated by self interest can be considered good. Just cause I like healing people doesn't put my actions on moral parity with someone who likes (and indeed thinks themselves righteous for acting thusly) to kidnap children's pets."

This is really living up to the name of the game right now!]

so--what
2015-05-27, 09:45 PM
Meanwhile, Thing is doing one-handed push-ups. It is not thinking about morality at all.

mmorality
2015-05-27, 09:59 PM
Zaf speaks up from behind Thing: "Do the push ups actually make you stronger? Or are you just showing off?"

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-27, 10:24 PM
"I''m pretty sure that good is fairly strictly laid in the fabric of this world, motivation is irrelevant. The real question is, who are you running from?"

Listen Check:[roll0]

atnorman
2015-05-27, 10:27 PM
You hear a rustling, but it doesn't seem out of place to you. Rather normal sounding.

Orchid
2015-05-27, 10:53 PM
"I''m pretty sure that good is fairly strictly laid in the fabric of this world, motivation is irrelevant. The real question is, who are you running from?"

Listen Check:[roll0]

"I... umm..." Orchid falters. "I can't argue that point... but why ever would you think I was running? And if I was... I wouldn't be good at it, would I?"

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-27, 11:09 PM
I agree with that last part, but randomly rushing ahead can do wonders for staying ahead of the hunters. The fact you are running seems obvious to me. Your quiet about your past and leave cryptic comments when directly asked, you a loudly ask about others to distract them and you where a full face mask when all you needed was a mouth cover. It would be, cheaper and more effective.

Tall Tales
2015-05-27, 11:11 PM
The smaller hooded figure continues to mind his own business, staying in a secluded corner of the camp. He scribbles on parchment as he has been the past few days, guarding what is on them jealously.

Orchid
2015-05-27, 11:17 PM
Orchid giggles and looks away shyly. "I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not as interesting as you seem to think I am. Nor particularly interested in maidens of my own gender, if that's what you're playing at."

Her tone sharpens suddenly. "The mask is an identifying marker... like a sign, save with some practical purpose. Only an idiot would use an iconic look as a disguise. Especially when prone to occasionally removing it."

She opens her mouth like she has more to say, but closes it quickly and looks to the ground. "Sorry, that was rude."

Dumb Ox
2015-05-27, 11:21 PM
Ox walks a few feet beyond the edge of camp and kneels in silent prayer

TheSitarHero
2015-05-28, 12:00 AM
Not being in the woods am I supposed/allowed to look at the spoiler-tagged posts in the woods?

mmorality
2015-05-28, 12:02 AM
Not being in the woods am I supposed/allowed to look at the spoiler-tagged posts in the woods?

I had the same question and also I have been (sorry!).

SnakyDog
2015-05-28, 12:09 AM
Not having a tent, Commodus lays out his bedroll on the ground under a tree, then he sets about building a fire to cook his food on. As the food cooks he sits with his back against the tree and reads a book.

TheSitarHero
2015-05-28, 01:37 AM
Waking up from a short nap, Pip asks where the missing travellers have gone. Having missed the adventure and the prayer, he wanders into the woods alone to see how the southern wilderness differs from his beloved grounds at Flamekeep.

mmorality
2015-05-28, 01:41 AM
Waking up from a short nap, Pip asks where the missing travellers have gone. Having missed the adventure and the prayer, he wanders into the woods alone to see how the southern wilderness differs from his beloved grounds at Flamekeep.

Before Pip heads off, Zaf points him roughly in the direction that the others headed. "Watch yourself out there."

TheSitarHero
2015-05-28, 01:46 AM
"Watch yourself out there."

Pip draws his bow and notches an arrow.

"I'm always careful," he replies with a smile.

Meanwhile, Thing is doing one-handed push-ups. It is not thinking about morality at all.
I love Thing.

Waldorfww
2015-05-28, 03:04 AM
"Okay, you got me there. I really don't know what I was thinking. "

After hearing Do-Ra's hypothesis and Orchid's answer, he says: "Well, I always assumed you don that hideous mask for the noble purpose of avoiding romantic interaction with the people you tend to. Either that or somehow filtering miasmatic air. "

mmorality
2015-05-28, 03:25 AM
Pip draws his bow and notches an arrow.

"I'm always careful," he replies with a smile.

Zaf grins after Pip as he disappears into the woods.

NWA
2015-05-28, 06:33 AM
Zwaard stretches out, and takes out its blanket.

Is there like a common fire nearby, or is everyone just starting their own?

Zwaard glances over Thing's training session - it is impressed!
Zwaard looks at the direction of Kip and approaches him and looks curiously:

"Hey, what are you up to?"

crap, I missed a great conversation about morality in the woods!

Tall Tales
2015-05-28, 07:12 AM
Kip looks up when Zwaard approaches. He appears either bored or amiable enough at the moment to entertain it because he answers, "Planning." He gestures his gloved hands towards the papers he had been doing nothing but scribble on the past few days. "Might need to get more ink and parchment. Running out quickly. Not looking forward to it. Rrr. May need to find other way to occupy self. Why ask?"

so--what
2015-05-28, 07:40 AM
Soon the sun will give way to the moons. Thing stops its training. It doesn't want to accidentally slice through one of the smaller travelers in the low light. As it picks up its backpack, it speaks to the people whom had been watching it :

"If anyone cares to join me, I'm headed to the Orien tent. Perhaps they have heard tales or news from the travelers headed to Sigilstar."

mmorality
2015-05-28, 07:47 AM
Soon the sun will give way to the moons. Thing stops its training. It doesn't want to accidentally slice through one of the smaller travelers in the low light. As it picks up its backpack, it speaks to the people whom had been watching it :

"If anyone cares to join me, I'm headed to the Orien tent. Perhaps they have heard tales or news from the travelers headed to Sigilstar."

Zaf stands. "I must admit, I'm curious. I'll follow along."

Orchid
2015-05-28, 08:40 AM
"Okay, you got me there. I really don't know what I was thinking. "

After hearing Do-Ra's hypothesis and Orchid's answer, he says: "Well, I always assumed you don that hideous mask for the noble purpose of avoiding romantic interaction with the people you tend to. Either that or somehow filtering miasmatic air. "

Orchid nods. "It does those things too. It's really very useful. Say... would any of you like to see if we can get some meat? I know I'm tired of house Orien trail rations."

TheSitarHero
2015-05-28, 08:43 AM
Can I try to hunt a deer now I'm in the woods?

NWA
2015-05-28, 09:03 AM
Kip looks up when Zwaard approaches. He appears either bored or amiable enough at the moment to entertain it because he answers, "Planning." He gestures his gloved hands towards the papers he had been doing nothing but scribble on the past few days. "Might need to get more ink and parchment. Running out quickly. Not looking forward to it. Rrr. May need to find other way to occupy self. Why ask?"

"No particular reason

Zwaard shrugs.

"I have some spare papers, if you want. What are you planning - a heist?

Zwaard smiles

NWA
2015-05-28, 09:04 AM

I would like to join, if I hear that.

Orchid
2015-05-28, 09:08 AM
Can I try to hunt a deer now I'm in the woods?

Pip. Were you comming to see us people out in the woods or were you just going out on your lonesome.

Assuming you were heading our way.

Orchid half sighs as she sees Pip approaching. "It's getting a little crowded." she says, and slips her beaked mask over her face.

Waldorfww
2015-05-28, 09:14 AM
Orchid nods. "It does those things too. It's really very useful. Say... would any of you like to see if we can get some meat? I know I'm tired of house Orien trail rations."

"Uh, it might be dangerous to stay here in the woods. Do I want to be a glutton or a coward? Hmmmmm."

Orchid
2015-05-28, 09:21 AM
"Uh, it might be dangerous to stay here in the woods. Do I want to be a glutton or a coward? Hmmmmm."

"Glutton... right? I mean... if you don't want to I guess we can go back"

Tangible disappointment drips from her every word.

Tall Tales
2015-05-28, 09:34 AM
"I have some spare papers, if you want. What are you planning - a heist?

"If I were, I would not be fool enough to tell you nor would I plan a heist in the open." Kip shakes his head. "Since you give me papers, I will at least tell you I am making plans for crafting. Designs."

I would like to join, if I hear that.

"I will go too. Better to know than not know."

atnorman
2015-05-28, 09:53 AM

You certainly CAN, but your character can't know anything about it. So a lot of times players won't, so they won't be tempted.

And you see no deer.

Waldorfww
2015-05-28, 10:13 AM
"Glutton... right? I mean... if you don't want to I guess we can go back"

Tangible disappointment drips from her every word.

"Eh. Why don't we let our new friend decide? I'm not the best trapper and stalking at night is hard."

so--what
2015-05-28, 10:27 AM
Thing, Zaf, Zwaard and Kip arrive at the Orien campfire.

TheSitarHero
2015-05-28, 10:39 AM
Pip. Were you comming to see us people out in the woods or were you just going out on your lonesome.

Pip wasn't planning to meet up with anyone. It's a big forest.

atnorman
2015-05-28, 10:53 AM
The guards look briefly up at you and then glance back down at the campfire - they seem ambivalent to your presence.

mmorality
2015-05-28, 10:57 AM
Is there someone from House Orien who is in charge of the caravan?

so--what
2015-05-28, 11:03 AM
"Good evening," says Thing. "My companions and I were wondering if you have news from the travelers headed to Sigilstar. We have been seeing more and more of them of late. Is there word on what drives so many of them North?"

atnorman
2015-05-28, 11:18 AM
(Uh, it would be East, not North)

The caravan leader speaks up, "We haven't been informed of anything. It's happened rather abruptly in the past month. I'm sure something is going on, but the common people in Thrane tend not to talk much to those of us in the Houses."

Dumb Ox
2015-05-28, 11:26 AM
(I'd like to join the group headed to the Orien tent, if I'm not too late)

so--what
2015-05-28, 11:42 AM
Thing lowers its head. It would sigh if it had breath.

"Well, thank you. Let us know if you come across more of them. We have brothers of the Church in our wagon, including Ox here. Perhaps the Thranes would share information more readily with them."

TheSitarHero
2015-05-28, 11:48 AM
Pip attempts to climb the highest tree he can see and scout around.

Climb: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-28, 11:48 AM
Do-Ra's eyes flash with somthing like excitement at the argus toon of hunting. "Yes. Let's hunt". I slide my bow out and disappear into the shadows
Hide roll to disappear [roll0] move sently roll to sneak up on prey[roll1] survival roll to find prey[roll2]

Orchid
2015-05-28, 12:50 PM
Do-Ra's eyes flash with somthing like excitement at the argus toon of hunting. "Yes. Let's hunt". I slide my bow out and disappear into the shadows
Hide roll to disappear [roll0] move sently roll to sneak up on prey[roll1] survival roll to find prey[roll2]

Orchid shrugs to Salvatore and pulls a light cross bow out from under her robes.

[roll0] To hunt prey for our sumptuous feast.

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-28, 01:35 PM
Oh no we accidentally shot pip. I roll to hide his body and pretend nothing happened. I look over to the only witness to the deed. The suspiciously calm and suspicious masked girl.

TheSitarHero
2015-05-28, 01:46 PM
Oh no we accidentally shot pip. I roll to hide his body and pretend nothing happened. I look over to the only witness to the deed. The suspiciously calm and suspicious masked girl.

Not again... :smallyuk:

Orchid
2015-05-28, 01:58 PM
Not again... :smallyuk:

Oh my Gods! You killed Pip!

atnorman
2015-05-28, 02:31 PM
Pip attempts to climb the highest tree he can see and scout around.

Climb: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

You see the top of the trees.

atnorman
2015-05-28, 02:32 PM

You find no animals.

Orchid
2015-05-28, 02:39 PM
You find no animals.

What about me, GM? I had rolled an 18

TheSitarHero
2015-05-28, 02:49 PM
You see the top of the trees.

Oh come on!

Pip has one last look over the Harrow-Crowns before descending.

Spot: [roll0]

[If nothing is spotted]
Pip feels calm and refreshed after some time in the great outdoors, away from the confines of the wagon. Returning to the camp, and wondering where everyone went, Pip spreads out his bedroll and sits to meditate and pray.

Waldorfww
2015-05-28, 03:07 PM
Salvatore readies his crossbow and follows Orchid, not even attempting to find any prey.

atnorman
2015-05-28, 04:20 PM
What about me, GM? I had rolled an 18

Same, it seems like everything has gone to their burrows or dens - it's getting a little dark.

Orchid
2015-05-28, 04:43 PM
"Doesn't look there is any easy prey. Let's head back to camp." Says Orchid.

Waldorfww
2015-05-28, 05:00 PM
"Trail rations it is, then."

Salvatore heads back to camp.

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-28, 05:20 PM
"Fair enough" Do-RA says, a rearing from the shadows beside you. "Let's head back. Another day of rations it is." He begins head back.

mmorality
2015-05-28, 06:02 PM
Zaf returns to her bedroll, and prepares to sleep.

Does the caravan have sufficient guards for a watch during the night, or do/should we help? (Have we other times we have stopped?)

so--what
2015-05-28, 06:19 PM
Does the caravan have sufficient guards for a watch during the night, or do/should we help? (Have we other times we have stopped?)

Warforged don't sleep or rest, so I assume Thing does keep watch. However, my perception skills are pretty much zero and I don't have low-light vision.

Orchid
2015-05-28, 08:00 PM
Warforged don't sleep or rest, so I assume Thing does keep watch. However, my perception skills are pretty much zero and I don't have low-light vision.

It seems to me that one of the benefits of letting a noble house have a trade monopoly on all transit would be safer roads... but I reckon our characters might not be all that impressed with the house Orien staff. Esp. those who are professional soldiers.

mmorality
2015-05-28, 08:06 PM
It seems to me that one of the benefits of letting a noble house have a trade monopoly on all transit would be safer roads... but I reckon our characters might not be all that impressed with the house Orien staff. Esp. those who are professional soldiers.

Zaf would be happy enough to take part in a watch, and more likely to trust the skills of people it knows have professional soldiering experience than just some random guards.

Zaf volunteers to take the first or second watch.

Waldorfww
2015-05-28, 08:36 PM
"Orchid, I'll place my bedroll right outside your tent, if that's alright."

Orchid
2015-05-28, 09:04 PM
"Orchid, I'll place my bedroll right outside your tent, if that's alright."

"Thank you. It's much appreciated." She fumbles through setting up her tent, and once it's up, heads in, stopping at the entrance to mutter something quietly to Salvatore.

"By the way... the purified... Pip... I think you make him nervous. I caught him eyeing you warily a few times."

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-28, 09:39 PM
Do- Ra return to the fire for a short Bit, eats her disappointing dinner of rations quietly and heads to her bed.

Dumb Ox
2015-05-28, 09:42 PM
"I will volunteer for the watch as well. I'll take the last shift."

atnorman
2015-05-28, 11:45 PM
(Gimme a bit - nobody respond until I post next; I'll do it when I wake up in the morning.)

atnorman
2015-05-29, 09:15 AM
Alright, as you are all back at the camp, getting ready to set a guard and go to sleep, five figures emerge from the woods. The one in the middle, who looks more refined and intelligent than the others, says "Well hello there travelers. I'm afraid to pass through these woods you need to pay a toll."

(The roll20 board is https://app.roll20.net/join/855797/DivLLg)

mmorality
2015-05-29, 09:33 AM
Alright, as you are all back at the camp, getting ready to set a guard and go to sleep, five figures emerge from the woods. The one in the middle, who looks more refined and intelligent than the others, says "Well hello there travelers. I'm afraid to pass through these woods you need to pay a toll."

(The roll20 board is https://app.roll20.net/join/855797/DivLLg)

A few questions, cuz I'm pretty dumb/new: Do I continue to post what I do here, or in the chat on the board? If the former, do I roll here or there? Do I need to place my character or the board somehow?

so--what
2015-05-29, 10:01 AM
Just to be sure. Those that didn't go into the woods don't participate in this encounter, right?

mmorality
2015-05-29, 10:03 AM
Just to be sure. Those that didn't go into the woods don't participate in this encounter, right?

On the roll20 map it looks like they are pretty close to both the wagons of the caravan.

TheSitarHero
2015-05-29, 10:04 AM
"We travel under House Orien and the Silver Flame. Who are you to ask a toll of this caravan?" says Pip, standing up.

We're all back at camp now, everyone's involved I think.

mmorality
2015-05-29, 10:11 AM
Zaf checks the daggers on her belt as she quietly stands, then keeps her hands free, ready to grab the crossbow at her side.

(If it doesn't look like the newcomers have spotted her, and she is in the shadows (or if its just dark already?) or obscured from their view, Zaf will also attempt to hide from them.)

Roll for stealth if appropriate: [roll0]

Orchid
2015-05-29, 10:16 AM
"Umm..." The masked doctor fiddles with her gloves, then asks. "How much is the toll, if you don't mind me asking?"

atnorman
2015-05-29, 10:16 AM
You'll be posting here and rolling here. The board is for putting a figure and moving it.

Zaf fades into the shadows.

The person in the middle, who looks like a leader, says "Who we are is not important - what's important is that you pay us the money." Pip, you can roll a listen check.

atnorman
2015-05-29, 10:17 AM
"Umm..." The masked doctor fiddles with her gloves, then asks. "How much is the toll, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Oh, not much," he replies, "merely everything of value you own. Hardly an unfair price to pay."

TheSitarHero
2015-05-29, 10:20 AM
You'll be posting here and rolling here. The board is for putting a figure and moving it.

Zaf fades into the shadows.

The person in the middle, who looks like a leader, says "Who we are is not important - what's important is that you pay us the money." Pip, you can roll a listen check.

Listen: [roll0]

atnorman
2015-05-29, 10:22 AM
Yeah, you hear nothing distinctive about his voice.

Orchid
2015-05-29, 10:24 AM
"Oh, not much," he replies, "merely everything of value you own. Hardly an unfair price to pay."

"That's unreasonable. If you'd only been less ambitious... Oh well..."

She draws a sickle out from under her cloak

mmorality
2015-05-29, 10:26 AM
Zaf shoulders the crossbow, but keeps it aimed at the ground.

If anyone takes an obviously offensive move (charging forward, attacking) she will take a shot at the guy talking.

so--what
2015-05-29, 10:29 AM
"Turn away fools! This is an Orien caravan with lawful right of passage through this land. Fighting us would be your doom! You are outnumbered and outmatched!" Thing draws its handaxe and walks towards the bandits. Its mechanical eyes glow a bright red, two angry flames in the night.

TheSitarHero
2015-05-29, 10:34 AM
Sensing danger (especially with Thing's provocative outburst), Pip retreats and draws his bow.

Hide: [roll0]

Tall Tales
2015-05-29, 10:35 AM
Kip stays where he is, at a corner of the camp near the wagon where he was setting up. He hides behind the nearby wagon and doesn't involve himself just yet.

(If applicable, Hide: [roll0])

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-29, 10:44 AM
Do-Ra hears the commotion outside of the tent. And let's out an in audible sigh. Then he fades into the shadows of trees and pokes his bow around to target the leader. Lining up a shot to go off of things get bad.
[roll0]stealth
[roll1]move silently.

Readied action: if initiative is rolled shoot the leader.

so--what
2015-05-29, 10:53 AM
Intimidate [roll0]

mmorality
2015-05-29, 11:27 AM
All the cool kids are chatting OOC in the roll20 chat.

so--what
2015-05-29, 12:13 PM
Damn. I don't have my computer right now and roll20 doesn't support mobile :(

atnorman
2015-05-29, 01:26 PM
He laughs, not at all intimidated.

Pip and Do-Ra fade into the shadows.

SnakyDog
2015-05-29, 01:27 PM
How do indicate what spells I have prepared?

Waldorfww
2015-05-29, 01:44 PM
Salvatore moves to take cover behind the closest wagon, attempts to hide and readies his crossbow in order to shoot what appears to be the bandit leader.

[roll0]

Orchid
2015-05-29, 01:56 PM
Orchid clenches her hand around her sickle.

"You really mean to fight us, bandit? My companions ready their weapons. At least two of them have powerful friends, and some among us wield the gift of magic. Please, spare the bloodshed and let the belly of Dolurrh go unfilled tonight. there will be easier caravans, with more goods in the coming days. Save your strength for them."

[roll0] Diplomacy

so--what
2015-05-29, 02:52 PM
"They have made their bed. Now they shall die in it."

Thing charges the leader of the bandits, bellowing a battlecry : "Mind and might!"

This is the maneuver Charging Minotaur. (http://dndtools.pw/spells/tome-of-battle-the-book-of-nine-swords--88/charging-minotaur--3712/)
Bull rush STR check : [roll0]
Damage : [roll1]

TheSitarHero
2015-05-29, 02:54 PM
"They have made their bed. Now they shall die in it."

Thing charges the leader of the bandits, bellowing a battlecry : "Mind and might!"

This is too good.

mmorality
2015-05-29, 03:00 PM
As Thing charges, Zaf snaps her crossbow up and releases a shot at the bandit leader.

Roll to attack: [roll0]
Roll for damage if it hits: [roll1]
Roll for sneak attack damage, if applicable (if the bandit leader hasn't taken an action this turn, or he ends up flanked before I fire, I think?): [roll2]

Orchid
2015-05-29, 03:27 PM
Orchid rears back and casts a spell. Doom. She targets the bandit to the right of the captain, not expecting the captain to survive the initial barrage.

Save DC is 14 (Will)

atnorman
2015-05-29, 03:31 PM
How do indicate what spells I have prepared?

Message me.

fread2281
2015-05-29, 03:39 PM
Zakiri draws a crossbow bolt and takes aim.

Could you mark the campfire on roll20?

atnorman
2015-05-29, 03:47 PM
He takes 4 damage, rolls an AoO against Thing [roll0], and makes his strength check [roll1] and seems to be immune to fear effects.

so--what
2015-05-29, 03:49 PM
No AoO on Charging Minotaur.

fread2281
2015-05-29, 03:51 PM
Zakiri fires her crossbow at the leader.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

atnorman
2015-05-29, 03:59 PM
Crap, sorry, the bandit is feared.

atnorman
2015-05-29, 04:06 PM
Fine, how much do you move him?

The crossbow misses.

I've given all of you access to one token on Roll20 aside from Ox, Zwaard, and Commdus because I dunno what person you are or you haven't shown up.

atnorman
2015-05-29, 04:07 PM
And he takes the damage.

TheSitarHero
2015-05-29, 04:26 PM
Pip emerges from the shadows and takes a Point Blank Shot at the bandit leader.

[If this is permitted and the roll is successful]
After taking the shot, Pip disappears once again.
Hide: [roll2]

atnorman
2015-05-29, 04:29 PM
It hits him.

Waldorfww
2015-05-29, 04:40 PM
Salvatore gets closer to the bandits and then shoots the bandit leader.

Attack roll: [roll0]
Damage+point blank shot: [roll1]
Sneak Attack (I think it applies?): [roll2]

atnorman
2015-05-29, 04:50 PM
You do not hit, and sneak attack is not applicable at the moment.

mmorality
2015-05-29, 05:01 PM
Do we need to roll initiative? If so, initiative: [roll0]

Tall Tales
2015-05-29, 08:47 PM
Kip continues to hide but takes out his crossbow and buckler now that combat seems to be inevitable.

Dumb Ox
2015-05-29, 09:16 PM
"For the Flame!" shouts Ox, as he charges the bandit to the left, sword in hand.

Charging Minotaur
Bull rush STR check : [roll0]
Damage : [roll1]

atnorman
2015-05-29, 09:17 PM
[roll0] Push him as you want.

Dumb Ox
2015-05-29, 09:28 PM
OOC: Toss him as far as he goes

so--what
2015-05-30, 07:18 AM
Don't have access to roll20 right now, but when it's my turn I'll do this.

Thing holds his axe above its head, leaving his body exposed, but ready to strike with a mighty blow. "Prepare for your punishment!"

This is punishing stance (Swift action, -2AC, +1d6 damage). I stay in this stance until I choose to change stances.

In a flash, Thing is next to two bandits, striking at both with its handaxe.

Steel Wind lets me attack two foes at once.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Thing attacks the leader again.
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

atnorman
2015-05-30, 09:37 AM
(Thing, it is so not your turn)

so--what
2015-05-30, 10:07 AM
(Lol a Warblade never waits)

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-30, 12:17 PM
In the rage and furry of a bull rushing warforgerd and flurried attacks Do-RA creeps into the shadowed forest and looses her arrow from the infinite murky darkness.

[roll0] attack

[roll1] damage

[roll2] stealth.

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-30, 12:42 PM
In the rage and furry of a bull rushing warforgerd and flurried attacks Do-RA creeps into the shadowed forest and looses her arrow from the infinite murky darkness.

[roll0] attack

[roll1] damage

[roll2] stealth.

00C: lol wrong dice for damage.

([roll0]

Also. Initiative.
[roll1]

atnorman
2015-05-30, 01:10 PM
Doesn't hit. And I don't care much about initiative.

SnakyDog
2015-05-30, 01:56 PM
Commodus duck behind a wagon and pops out to cast magic missile at the leader, if the leader is already dead, then he casts it at another bandit.

[roll0]

atnorman
2015-05-30, 07:50 PM
The leader attacks Thing with his rapier and dagger.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

atnorman
2015-05-30, 07:56 PM
One of the grunts moves up and attacks Thing as well, along with the shaken one.

[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

[roll3]

The other two move up and attack Ox.

[roll4]

[roll5]

[roll6]

[roll7]

atnorman
2015-05-30, 07:58 PM
Yikes, that first attack from the leader is a crit, so that's 9 damage.

Orchid
2015-05-30, 09:01 PM
Yikes, that first attack from the leader is a crit, so that's 9 damage.

Hey, can Cure spells work on Warforged? I think I recall something about them being 1/2 as effective. Is that correct?

mmorality
2015-05-30, 10:34 PM
Seeing Thing peppered with strikes, Zaf rushes forward, sliding up behind two other members of the group*. She readies a crossbow shot, waiting for a good opportunity to strike.

Zaf will take a shot at the first enemy that gets flanked near it (within 30ft, for sneak attack damage) or gets within ten feet of it, then attempt to slide down into the shadows. If nobody moves, it takes a shot at the nearest bandit.

Sneak Attack Damage: [roll2]
Hide after attack: [roll3]

I have no idea who I'm sliding up behind, but I moved on the roll20 board. Is it possible to attach names to the figures or something like that?

atnorman
2015-05-30, 11:47 PM
The bandit takes the hit.

Dumb Ox
2015-05-30, 11:48 PM
For whenever it is my turn:

"Back for more?" Ox asks the bandit coming back out of the woods.

I attack him.

Attack 1d20+6
Damage 2d6+5

If successful, I use my Martial Spirit stance to heal Thing for 2.

Dumb Ox
2015-05-30, 11:57 PM
Let's try this rolling thing again.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Orchid
2015-05-31, 12:05 AM
For whenever it is my turn:

"Back for more?" Ox asks the bandit coming back out of the woods.

I attack him.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

If successful, I use my Martial Spirit stance to heal Thing for 2.

"I guess I have to fight now..."

laments the waif-like plague doctor, then lets out a low, rhythmic grumble as she charges the leader, sickle a-swingin'

[roll2]

[roll3]

Tall Tales
2015-05-31, 02:29 AM
Kip sees little choice but to join battle as Thing's reckless charge had gotten it in trouble and the others came charging in.

He moves out of the wagon's cover, muttering to himself about this utter lack of strategy, and fires his crossbow at the far bandit to which he has the clearest shot.

Light Crossbow: [roll0]
Damage (B&P): [roll1]

(OOC: Topmost bandit, above thing. I'm assuming I don't get the firing into melee penalty for him because Thing is unconscious and not threatening, but feel free to tack it on.)

TheSitarHero
2015-05-31, 03:19 AM
At this point, can I fire a bow into anything without firing into melee?

so--what
2015-05-31, 06:12 AM
Did you account for the fact that I have 25% chance to negate crits?

Also I took 9 damage and was healed 2 right? (Or 1? Warforged get indeed half the hit points from healing effects.) So I'm not unconscious.

Waldorfww
2015-05-31, 09:28 AM
Salvatore loads another bolt into his crossbow and shoots the shaken grunt1 who just attacked Thing:

Not sure whether it's my turn or not, but hey. I'm shooting into melee I guess?

[roll0]
[roll1]

atnorman
2015-05-31, 10:41 AM
Did you account for the fact that I have 25% chance to negate crits?

Also I took 9 damage and was healed 2 right? (Or 1? Warforged get indeed half the hit points from healing effects.) So I'm not unconscious.

Yes I did.

You took 18 and healed 1. One of the bandits hit you too.

And none of you have hit.

(Pip, the answer is no)

TheSitarHero
2015-05-31, 11:00 AM
Pip enters the fray with his longsword drawn, attacking one of the bandits.

Attacking the bandit my token is now facing on roll20

so--what
2015-05-31, 11:48 AM
Ok :(

Thing falls on the ground, inert.

ISetPandasOFire
2015-05-31, 02:35 PM
Do-Ra releases another shaft of silent death from the shadows targeting the leader. (if I am hinden I attack against flat footed ac I think)
attack [roll0]
damage[roll1]

atnorman
2015-05-31, 03:16 PM
I'll allow it.

Hits, for 3 damage. EDIT: Wrong, -4, firing into melee.

However, previous sneak attack hit, for 3 damage, so they cancel out there.

SnakyDog
2015-05-31, 08:12 PM
"I don't have a lot of combat spells..." Commodus pulls out his crossbow and takes a shot at whichever bandit is closest.
[roll0]
[roll1]

atnorman
2015-05-31, 10:44 PM
lol.

Okay, Ox swings down and cleaves a bandit in half.

The bandit leader smirks to himself turns to Orchid and says to her "Aren't you a pretty thing? I'll try not to ruin you too much." (Make a listen check Orchid.)

He attacks her twice

[roll0]
[roll1] (previous off hand roll misread the two-weapon fighting feat, still didn't hit, so no problem)

[roll2]
[roll3]

atnorman
2015-05-31, 10:49 PM
The House Orien guards recover from their shock and run into the battle. However, they are too far away to attack at once.

The grunt next to Ox and Orchid swings at Orchid.

[roll0]

[roll1]

The other two grunts swing at Pip

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]