PDA

View Full Version : Inmunity to enchantment

Anium
2015-05-24, 09:51 AM
I have one player that just got to second level church inquisitor, making himself inmune to enchantment school, he happens to use a few of them so he's asking if there is any way to turn down this inmunity temporarily.

Saintheart
2015-05-24, 09:59 AM
...I don't think immunity to enchantment means his ability to use the enchantment school is shut down. Immunity to enchantment is a form of spell resistance, which per the SRD, "never interferes with its own spells, items, or abilities."

Story
2015-05-24, 11:29 AM
Also, you can always voluntarily lower racial or type immunities, and I imagine class feature based immunity work the same way.

Werephilosopher
2015-05-24, 03:02 PM
Also, you can always voluntarily lower racial or type immunities, and I imagine class feature based immunity work the same way.

Technically only if the effect in question offers a saving throw.

Voluntarily Giving up a Saving Throw
A creature can voluntarily forego a saving throw and willingly accept a spell’s result. Even a character with a special resistance to magic can suppress this quality.

dextercorvia
2015-05-24, 03:22 PM
Church Inquisitor only grants immunity to Enchantment (Charm). That isn't the same as Immunity to Enchantment, and won't affect things like Bless or Heroism.