PDA

View Full Version : Monster Problems!

Loki Eremes
2015-05-24, 04:07 PM
Hi there people!

Ive been trying to decide what adventure path to DM (D&D 3.5) but im having a hard time deciding or finding what i want. And the problem is there is not a lot of time.
Thats why i came up to you in search of help.

I want an adventure where players will have to play monsters solving monster problems, preferably: Devils.
Aaaaaaand will also be better if its set in the 9 rings of hell. (Or any other plane, i dont want them to play to much on the Material Plane if it can be avoided)

So...
Do you have in mid any adventure paths or adventures that fulfill my criteria? :smallfrown:

Ellowryn
2015-05-24, 04:17 PM
Unfortunately most, if not all, adventure paths published by Wizards are for good aligned player characters with classes taken from core.

You can of course take just about any one of them, and using the rules for advancing monsters (or possibly just replace), convert it into a 9 hells adventure path.

General Sajaru
2015-05-24, 04:27 PM
I strongly recommend looking in the Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells for information about how things work in the Nine Hells. Hint: advancement is all about collecting souls, and when you "go up a level" you change into a new form of devil, so I definitely feel like trying to work your way up the diabolic hierarchy could make for an interesting campaign.

Honest Tiefling
2015-05-24, 04:34 PM
I strongly recommend looking in the Fiendish Codex II: Tyrants of the Nine Hells for information about how things work in the Nine Hells. Hint: advancement is all about collecting souls, and when you "go up a level" you change into a new form of devil, so I definitely feel like trying to work your way up the diabolic hierarchy could make for an interesting campaign.

This! This book is one of my personal faves, and even if you don't agree with everything should give you ideas. As for a devil problem, why not start off simple and have the troops on the front line of the Bloodwar? Let them get used to their roles and the setting while holding off the chaotic hordes.

Personally, I'd let them eventually become unique devils if there is a devil type they really like or a role they wish to fulfill. I believe uniques don't follow the standard progression, so they won't become a stronger, but less fun, devil.

Loki Eremes
2015-05-25, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately most, if not all, adventure paths published by Wizards are for good aligned player characters with classes taken from core.

You can of course take just about any one of them, and using the rules for advancing monsters (or possibly just replace), convert it into a 9 hells adventure path.

considering the answers i got, changing a normal path into a Devil's one has to be the only way :smallfrown:

Yeah i have to read that book more.
I remember playing a short campaing where some friends and I where devils, but the objective was to corrupt a city. So....Devils VS "humanity". And i want a Monsters vs Monsters thing.

This! This book is one of my personal faves, and even if you don't agree with everything should give you ideas. As for a devil problem, why not start off simple and have the troops on the front line of the Bloodwar? Let them get used to their roles and the setting while holding off the chaotic hordes.

Personally, I'd let them eventually become unique devils if there is a devil type they really like or a role they wish to fulfill. I believe uniques don't follow the standard progression, so they won't become a stronger, but less fun, devil.

Mmmmm, i have to read the Fiendish Code. I dont know what is this "Bloodwar" you speak of. Buuuut sounds like a pretty good idea for the campaing dude.

General Sajaru
2015-05-25, 06:40 PM
Yeah i have to read that book more.
I remember playing a short campaing where some friends and I where devils, but the objective was to corrupt a city. So....Devils VS "humanity". And i want a Monsters vs Monsters thing.

Mmmmm, i have to read the Fiendish Code. I dont know what is this "Bloodwar" you speak of. Buuuut sounds like a pretty good idea for the campaing dude.

There's a ton of competition between devils for advancement, so there's definitely good campaign material there. And the Bloodwar is the war between the Devils of the Nine Hells and the Demons of the Abyss; Law vs. Chaos.