PDA

View Full Version : Need help with taking over and customising character

Dyrynify
2015-05-24, 04:59 PM
Hey everyone. Just joined a game, and I'm taking over an abandoned character. He's a changeling Bard 1/Rogue 2/Scout 2.

Str: 8
Dex: 16
Con: 12
Int: 14
Wiz: 10
Cha: 16

Our campaign is built around heavy usage of the BoEF, and everyone begins with a free feat from there, his is Kundalini. He uses a MW light crossbow, MW rapier, and a frost whip. Beyond that, his skills and feats are open to alteration.

I definitely want to continue the aim of being the parties Face, but in a private discussion the player told me that he was intending to be a decent fighter, and ultimately unseat the current deity of sex and take its place. I like that idea, and would love to continue.

Literally everything is open, so long as it is or can be converted to 3.5. Help a guy out, let's find a way to get this guy where he wants to be.

skraginator
2015-05-25, 02:47 AM
Hey everyone. Just joined a game, and I'm taking over an abandoned character. He's a changeling Bard 1/Rogue 2/Scout 2.

Str: 8
Dex: 16
Con: 12
Int: 14
Wiz: 10
Cha: 16

Our campaign is built around heavy usage of the BoEF, and everyone begins with a free feat from there, his is Kundalini. He uses a MW light crossbow, MW rapier, and a frost whip. Beyond that, his skills and feats are open to alteration.

I definitely want to continue the aim of being the parties Face, but in a private discussion the player told me that he was intending to be a decent fighter, and ultimately unseat the current deity of sex and take its place. I like that idea, and would love to continue.

Literally everything is open, so long as it is or can be converted to 3.5. Help a guy out, let's find a way to get this guy where he wants to be.

Firstly you probably want to swap kundalini out for self-aware for the charisma bonus.. you haven't much use for a feat that gives you wis. And if the previous player wanted to be a fighter he really put a hurting on your ability to hit things by muliclassing so much. You're level 5 with base attack of 2. You might be better off going back to bard and trying to focus on charisma based abilities or finding a prc that gives sneak attack and caster levels and put that dex to good use with some ranged sneak attacks. What is the rest of your party makeup? Knowing that will help figure out what role you might want to buff up. Arcane trickster might be good but you need 3rd level spells and you're quite a way from those.

Dyrynify
2015-05-25, 03:03 AM
We have an artificer, an barbarian, and a tantrist.

I know, I'm severely handicapped in the combat department.

skraginator
2015-05-25, 04:24 AM
Hm so you have a mage and a tank and a buffer with the artificer, you could work on being a dex tank/flanker or something like dervish could be nice your other option is the ranged skirmisher but with just the barbarian as the main melee it could get sketchy, maybe you could see if the artificer can craft some effigies (sex robots! lol) they can be strong tanks and free you up. There is a few pirate type prestige classes that might interest you if that'd fit the setting. With your charisma score you could always take leadership at 6 if you wanted and find a cohort that can fill up any weaknesses your party has. My advice would be to figure out what you want your character to do then look around for some existing builds to get ideas on what you can get away with using what you have already. Then once you have a pretty good concept ask for some help optimizing/tweaking.