PDA

View Full Version : Valenar Eternal Blade

WeaselGuy
2015-05-25, 02:51 AM
So, doing some reading and some thinking, I decided I really wanted to combine a couple of feats with a Valenar Double Scimitar by way of Warblade's Weapon Aptitude. Unfortunately, I don't get along with ToB very well, so I figured I'd ask the giantitp hivemind for some assistance, notably with regards to later feat selection, maneuver selection (as detailed a list as possible, preferably) and just general mechanics proof of concept.

So, without further ado, the build:

Level
Class
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Skills
Feats
Class Features

1st
Fighter
+1
+2
+0
+0
Skills
Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Light Mace)
Bonus Feat

2nd
Fighter
+2
+3
+0
+0
Skills
Combat Reflexes
Bonus Feat

3rd
Fighter
+3
+3
+1
+1
Skills
Lightning Mace
-

4th
Fighter
+4
+4
+1
+1
Skills
Weapon Focus (Halberd)
Bonus Feat

5th
Warblade
+5
+6
+1
+1
Skills
-
Battle Clarity, Weapon Aptitude

6th
Warblade
+6
+7
+1
+1
Skills
Spinning Halberd
Uncanny Dodge

7th
Warblade
+7
+7
+2
+2
Skills
-
Battle Ardor

8th
Warblade
+8
+8
+2
+2
Skills
-
-

9th
Warblade
+9
+8
+2
+2
Skills
Stone Power, Shards of Granite
Bonus Feat

10th
Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian
+10
+11
+2
+2
Skills
-
Illiteracy, Rage 1/day, Pounce

11th
Eternal Blade
+11
+13
+2
+2
Skills
-
Blade Guide, Eternal Training 1/day

12th
Eternal Blade
+12
+14
+2
+2
Skills
Leap Attack
Guided Strike

13th
Eternal Blade
+13
+14
+3
+3
Skills
-
Armored Uncanny Dodge, Eternal Training 2/day

14th
Eternal Blade
+14
+15
+3
+3
Skills
-
Eternal Knowledge

15th
Eternal Blade
+15
+15
+3
+3
Skills
Improved Bull Rush
Eternal Training 3/day

16th
Eternal Blade
+16
+16
+4
+4
Skills
-
Defensive Insight

17th
Eternal Blade
+17
+16
+4
+4
Skills
-
Eternal Training 4/day

18th
Eternal Blade
+18
+17
+4
+4
Skills
Shock Trooper
Tactical Insight

19th
Eternal Blade
+19
+17
+5
+5
Skills
-
Eternal Training 5/day

20th
Eternal Blade
+20
+18
+5
+5
Skills
-
Island in Time

For maneuvers, I end up with 11 Maneuvers Known/7 Maneuvers Readied/3 Stances Known. I need at least 2 Diamond Mind/Devoted Spirit and at least 2 Stone Mountain. After that (and even which of those), I'm kind of at a loss, and this what I really need help with.

So, *ahem* "Help me giantitp, you're my only hope"...

arkangel111
2015-05-25, 03:11 AM
Ahem... Revenant Blade (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1096851). Just saying, your already using the double scimitar you might as well get 1.5x str and 2x PA. combine with lightning maces and you'll never have to worry about maneuvers, and you'll ultimately get more feats than you spend getting in the class especially if you can nab a Zaelshin Tu.

Darrin
2015-05-25, 09:31 AM
Ahem... Revenant Blade (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1096851).

It's actually somewhat difficult to get Revenant Blade to work with Eternal Blade, if you're trying to get Legendary Force and Island in Time in the same build. Eternal Blade takes up your last 10 levels, which means you have to qualify for Revenant Blade exactly at ECL 6, and if you want Time Stands Still (via Eternal Training), you need at least four levels of Warblade/Crusader. With only 5 levels to work with, you need three feats, Hide as a class skill, and Move Silently as a class skill.

Ranger 2/Warblade 3 works, but you lose 9th level maneuvers (ECL 16.5 at level 20).

Fighter 1/Warblade 4 gets the feats, but can't manage the skills.

Forestlord Elf/Half-Elf (Dragon Magic) takes care of Hide, but Move Silently is difficult to get as a class skill. Aereni Focus (PGtE) can do it, but then you're short a feat. Survivalist Fighter (Dragon #310) gets everything you need, but most groups don't allow Dragon Magazine material. Basically, you need an extra feat, such as a Flaw (or pay for DCFS), to get it all to work within 20 levels.

gorfnab
2015-05-25, 05:41 PM
Fighter 1/Warblade 4 gets the feats, but can't manage the skills.

Survivalist Fighter (Dragon #310) gets everything you need, but most groups don't allow Dragon Magazine material.
Generic Warrior (UA) 1/ Warblade 4 - would work, however like the Survivalist Fighter, the Generic Warrior may not be allowed by most groups.

arkangel111
2015-05-25, 07:47 PM
The second build titled eternal revenant has both and explains how to get it. It uses an acf for fighter and 2 levels of warblade.

Posting from my phone or I'd repost the build for you.

Edit: So I was wrong on the ACF for this build but here you go:

Ranger 1: Bladebearer of the Valenar (1st). Favored Enemy - Undead, Track, Wild Empathy. Full ranks into Hide, Move Silently, Listen, Spot, and Survival.

Ranger 2: Two-Weapon Fighting (Ranger 2). Full ranks into Hide, Move Silently, Listen, Spot, and Survival.

Fighter 1: WP Focus - Valenar Double Scimitar (Fighter 1), Power Attack (3rd).

Warblade 1: Battle Clarity (Int to Reflex saves), Weapon Aptitude. Blood in the Water, Moment of Perfect Mind, Steel Wind, Wolf Fang Strike.

Warblade 2: Uncanny Dodge. Emerald Razor.

into revenant blade, then into eternal blade.

I haven't checked the feats or anything to see if lightning maces can be fit in. If it can then this build can go nuts. Personally I like the dancing blade build better but the OP wanted eternal blade. I think the tempest grants far more dmg/day than the eternal blade. and since it is full attacking all the time you don't have to worry about the barb dip for pounce, which may be impossible to fit in for EB/RB.