PDA

View Full Version : Rein of Madness [IC]

Pages : [1] 2

Yanisa
2015-05-25, 02:16 PM
You have heard rumors about Ever Rain that something wasn’t right there anymore. Normally this was a small little village tucked away along the edge of a nameless forest often just called Ever Rain Forest. It was most famous for the quiet the village had and the fact it an asylum for those who needed rest to restore their mentality. Now, at least according the rumors, the village turned hostile to outsiders and refuses to let anyone in. Some even say they build a wall around the village to keep outsiders out. As time went on even darker rumors surfaced, telling of never-ending darkness and strange holes in the sky like reality itself was being torn apart.

You heard the rumors of your birth town, but didn’t pay a lot of heed to it. Ever Rain always have had it quirks but they used to keep it hidden from outsiders. Then again a lot of time had passed since you had left. However recently you got a letter from your Uncle, Fishmonger. The letter was short and in it your uncle only said he found a favorite toy of yours and wanted to give back. An odd letter by itself, but when you turned the parchment it had a far more foreboding message. Scribbled in hasty writing, it repeated the same phrase a dozen times or more.
“You must return!”

You are part of a small group of elite soldiers among the Queen’s men. The rumors of Ever Rain didn’t concern you much until you got a direct order of the Queen herself. She had send a small group of loyal ponies to check out the village and see what of the rumors were true. They were ordered only to scout and report back their findings, they were forbidden from acting and interfering, especially when it seemed dangerous. Yet so far there had been no response and the Queens worries. So she decided to send the you, the elite group. Your orders are simple, check out the village, find the missing troops and report back to the queen. Beyond that she trust you so you are free to handle on your own in case it’s needed.
“But do send out some intel before you do anything dangerous.”

As you journey closer to Ever Rain the skies get more cloudy and dull, but certainly not the kind of dark you heard in the rumors. In fact the name Ever Rain sounds like a village that is always draped in clouds. Then after a few more days you finally see the village, or what you presume the location of the village is. Because all you see from this distance is a giant stone wall. When you get closer you realize this wall isn’t made by any hoof or paw, it doesn’t consist out of bricks or pieces. It’s just a giant block of stone, like it was risen up from the earth itself.

Near the wall you can see two camps set up. One is camp still being set up by a group of three ponies and an unicorn. In the middle of the camp stands a single white flag with a broken weapon on it. The other camp is clearly a military camp of the Queen her troops. Her symbol of the Blessed Wings emblazons the banners, the tents and even a few flags. Judging from the condition the camp hasn’t been abandoned too long, perhaps a week or two.

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-25, 03:42 PM
Flamestrike looks upon the abandoned camp "Hmm... looks like they up'n left." He turns to look at the other camp and barks in a low gruff tone. "You there! Give me the low down on what happened to the group that was makin' camp here." He squints his eyes and adds "Let's just be clear that I don' tolerate lyin'." Flamestrike wasn't the type to toss around his weight, but he had a job to do and by his experience, these sort of situations created liars.

And so it begins...
Intimidate
[roll0]
I am unclear how to work this dice roller...

PsyBomb
2015-05-25, 03:58 PM
"I really don't like the feel of this. What the heck could have happened to that camp, and where did that wall come from? Too easy to fall into a trap out here, we need to be ready for anything"

Each other pony in the party feels a gentle tap in the back of their minds, as Entero requests to be let in to tie together the Collective

If you are going to reject entry into the collective, please let me know either by RP or in OOC. Otherwise, I'll assume you are tied into the net. Going to Spoiler any telepathic communication, unless everyone is in.

Snowbluff
2015-05-25, 04:21 PM
My uncle's note is worthy of concern. Mental illness runs in the family; both of my parents were confined in the asylum when I was younger, due to their schizophrenic tendencies. He may just be having an episode, but he didn't show any symptoms when I lived in Ever Rain, and with the rumors concerning my hometown, I can't dismiss any plea for help. I had intended to go about my journey alone, but there was another group traveling ahead of me. Unfortunately, there is a wall here that I do not remember. I could try to find a way around it, but I would rather have more information first.

The other group is now trying to intimidate some locals. This could start an incident that will distract from the matter at hand. Of course, I do not know if they recognize me. If they know that I am that Bladicorn it could cause trouble. But what about my fellow townsfolk? Will they recognize me as the child I was, or the monster the crown has labeled me as?

"Now, now. That's no way to speak to a citizen," I say, in my usual cheery voice as I approach the unicorn and her fellow ponies. "Now, can you help me around this wall?"

Bladie doesn't know who you are.

Yanisa
2015-05-26, 01:10 PM
The group of ponies look startled by Flamestrike and exchange a quick word with each other before the Unicorn of the group steps forwards. She is a silver gray pony with puffy blond hair and a equally puffy mane. "We don't know, we just arrived here this morning." She tries to compose herself herself, but there is a faint stutter in her words. "We were already discussing whether we should report this before we continue on. But we honestly don't know anything more! We haven't even entered the camp."
As Bladicorn makes her entrance one of the Earth Ponies, a purple one with well trimmed gray hair, including a mustache, behind the unicorn shouts. "Sorry ma'am, we aren't locals, we are Seekers. But I bet I know more of Ever Rain then most of the citizens." The other two ponies get a worried look on their faces and the Unicorn sighs. "Getting past this wall is easy, I already have a lot of ideas. Did you know Ever Rain was build on some sort of ancient ruins? I bet it must be some kind of palace, or perhaps a whole city. The ground here is filled with tunnels and I know for a fact at least one goes straight into the city. Two problems though. I don't know where the tunnel starts, but I do know it ends inside the Asylum. Most likely it has been blocked off to prevent the sick from leaving unattended. Another way would be to fly in, we didn't bring a Pegasus with us, so we couldn't test that one out."

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-26, 01:20 PM
Flamestrike feels the prod in the back of his mind as Entero requests permission to link up. While he wasn't fond of people in his head, he had been with a vitalist before, and they proved to be invaluable. He grants permission.

"If you say so." Flamestrike grunts and lets out a dry heat from his nostrils. "We can get past these walls no problem. The queen's forces aren't stopped so easily." He turns to look at Bladicorn and squints a little. Did he know her? All those unicorns looked alike. "Who are you, stranger?"

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-26, 03:28 PM
Normal text is for actions Windchaser takes. Green is stuff he says.

Windchaser gladly lets Entero place him in the collective.

"Did somebody say they needed a pegasus? I'm a pegasus!"

He'll fly up such that he's just above and just outside the wall (he will not go over or inside the perimeter of the wall just yet, he's seen his share of proximity traps) and take a look at whatever's visible on the inside.

How high is the wall?
Perception

ETA: let's try that roll again. Haven't used the forum dice before today.

[roll]1d20+19
ETA2: Okay, this is terribly confusing. "1d20+19" worked in the dice roller test thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?360840-Dice-Roller-Test-Thread-IV-A-New-Hope&p=19307545#post19307545) but isn't working here. We could go with the result in that post or someone else could roll for me in this thread and tell me what I did wrong, whichever Yanisa prefers.

Snowbluff
2015-05-26, 03:35 PM
"Caves? No, I'm afraid I wouldn't know anything about that." I stand slight taller. My blue mane blows slightly in the wind. It matches my eyes, and compliment my white fur. It's important to understand what you look like. Sometimes you can't trust an unconscious response to know something. The mind has a nasty habit on playing tricks in its owner.

"I'm Mindful, a traveler. My friends call me Mindy. Mindy with the bindi, that's me!" I smile, and gesture to the gold and blue bindi jewelry I was wearing with my hoof. "I heard rumors about this town, and I thought I would investigate." This is all a lie, of course. What these ponies don't know can't hurt them, and stirring up trouble isn't what I'm here to do. It's unfortunate that they don't have more information. Finding the tunnel in the asylum, however unpleasant revisiting that place would be, is probably the best option. Even if it sealed off, I at least has a landmark to work off of. It's such a specific rumor, it's more likely to be true.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-26, 10:16 PM
Reposting my perception check.
[roll0]

Sjlver
2015-05-26, 10:37 PM
"Earth Pony, psychic communication is, how should I put this... inefficient. Either use your voice or stop being a distinct entity." Ultrapony looks upon the situation with cold and stoic eyes. "Something about this place seems... wrong. We should tread lightly. It would be an issue if any of you died before things were settled." He spoke with an unnaturally even cadence that was unnerving.

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-27, 12:08 AM
Flamestrike's eyes roll slightly at the newest unicorn to join the conversation. "Wonderful. Mind tellin' me what yer doin' round these parts, sparkles?" He turns his muzzle so that Windchaser can hear him. "Hey Flyboy! Whaddaya see?" While his group of soldiers was relatively efficient, he had to strain to keep enough patience to deal with so many big personalties. He liked that Ultrapony fella though, a good no nonsense pony.

Yanisa
2015-05-27, 12:36 PM
The gray featureless wall stands about 10 feet tall, about the same height of the average tree here, although there aren't any trees very close to the wall.

Inside the walls all you can see is mist, thick grey mist that seemingly hides everything inside. The wall itself seems about 4th thick and is there is nothing on it. The top is also rather uneven and unpolished, so it doesn't function like any city wall you can stand on. At times you can almost see shapes of roofs in the mist, but before your eyes can focus the swirly mist hides the buildings again.
You also notice there is a strange air current slowly going inwards, almost like the city is trying to pull you in. But the pull isn't that strong and doesn't take a lot of effort to negate.

Meanwhile the purple Earth Pony hasn't stopped talking, although it doesn't seem he is saying anything useful or relevant anymore. He is talking about how expensive Pegasus are, how hard it is to find ponies in general, how hard getting funds is and even how hard it was to start this whole expedition, each time adding that only has cleverness in one way or another saved the day. The other ponies beside him try to get him quiet by making various hoofsigns but so far he doesn't get the clue. The silver gray Unicorn looks unsure and hesitant, but finally finds some sort of courage and states: "I am sorry about Professor Janus, once he starts... He never ends. I am Silver Quill by the way. The other two are Pathseeker and Lilyroot."

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-27, 01:02 PM
The gray featureless wall stands about 10 feet tall, about the same height of the average tree here, although there aren't any trees very close to the wall.

Inside the walls all you can see is mist, thick grey mist that seemingly hides everything inside. The wall itself seems about 4th thick and is there is nothing on it. The top is also rather uneven and unpolished, so it doesn't function like any city wall you can stand on. At times you can almost see shapes of roofs in the mist, but before your eyes can focus the swirly mist hides the buildings again.
You also notice there is a strange air current slowly going inwards, almost like the city is trying to pull you in. But the pull isn't that strong and doesn't take a lot of effort to negate.

Do the buildings go above the wall, are they all less than 10 feet high, or is the ground level inside the wall lower than it is outside?

To help compensate for the fog, Windchaser will move a point of essence from Stalker's Tabit to Eyes of the Hawkguard (arrangement is now 3 in each of Eyes of the Hawkguard and Sentinel's Helm, with 2 in Stalker's Tabi). His normal vision range is now increased by a total of 40 feet. That may not help pierce the fog, but it's probably worth noting.

"Hey Flyboy! Whaddaya see?"

"Not much, sir. The whole town looks like it's covered in heavy fog. A bit of a wind up here, too; probably magical, it feels like it's trying to pull me inside."

He tries to land on the wall, but it doesn't work.

"Wo-o-oah! The top of this wall's not too stable, so I don't think we'll be able to climb over. Looks like that tunnel's our best bet."

I have a nickname! Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Snowbluff
2015-05-27, 01:02 PM
"A pleasure!" I hold my hoof out for the traditional hoof bump. I hope none of them take the offer. It's bad enough I was hiking through dirt for several days. Maybe I would not have to deal with the extra pathogens from other ponies. I should have packed more alcohol and moist towelettes to disinfect my hoofs. I ran out yesterday. If I catch a cold or the flu I have no idea what would happen to this investigate, and I don't want to let my uncle down.

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-27, 01:59 PM
Flamestrike bumps his paw against "Mindy"'s hoof with a grunt, then looks to the sky. "Y'better get down from there then Flyboy. Don't getch yerself sucked in. I don't wanna have to bust down this wall to come after you!" Truth be told, Flamestrike was soft for all his fellow military personnel. This Pegasus had spunk and a touch of youthful whimsy, he'd like to keep that in tact. "Entero, it's lookin' like we're gonna be hittin' the mud, you need any time to prepare?"

I'm assuming Flamestrike will be our front line. But will he be taking on a CO position? I don't want to assume anything.

Haha. EA, Flamestrike may be gruff, but he likes his squadmates.

Flamestrike is entering the Golden Commander Stance from the Golden Lion Discipline (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/disciplines-and-maneuvers/golden-lion-maneuvers). All allies within 30 ft. of your position may gain flanking (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Flanking) if they are adjacent to an ally when engaged in melee.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-27, 02:22 PM
Windchaser lands with the others.

"Entero, it's lookin' like we're gonna be hittin' the mud, you need any time to prepare?"

"Yeah. I suppose if I were strong enough I could lift everyone over the wall one by one, but brawn isn't exactly my specialty.

I heard one of you talking about the tunnel going to the Asylum. Any one of you know where exactly that place is? If we're gonna have to search for this tunnel we might as well start as close to its endpoint as possible."

Yanisa
2015-05-27, 02:24 PM
@Windchaser

There isn't a single building sticking out of the mist, which seems odd, but you don't know enough about Ever Rain so it could just as well be normal. Looking at the city is like looking at a pool filled with mist.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-27, 04:29 PM
@Windchaser

There isn't a single building sticking out of the mist, which seems odd, but you don't know enough about Ever Rain so it could just as well be normal. Looking at the city is like looking at a pool filled with mist.

How very odd. Do any of the NPCs present (or any of the PCs *cough* Bladicorn) have anything to say regarding my asking about the Asylum's location within the city?

Snowbluff
2015-05-27, 04:37 PM
Well, first of all that's an OoC post in the IC thread.

"I happen to know where the asylum is." I say, flatly. I am unhappy with the prospect of returning there.

PsyBomb
2015-05-28, 09:36 PM
Entero begins to concentrate a bit on the net...

"Thanks for letting me in to assist, sir. I am already set, what I do doesn't last for very long so I save it for when trouble is right about to hit. Call out over the net at any time and I can respond before the echoes fade"

Out loud, he looks over at the abrasive mech. His look is unamused. "The Network is for much more than just speech, Ultra. If you want to receive the HUD when trouble strikes or let me give you shields and speed to keep up with your saner comrades, just say so. Out loud, if you insist."

Snowbluff
2015-05-28, 10:24 PM
A psionic network? That sounds interesting. I abhor that sort of thing. The less people know about me, the better. Besides, I doubt most ponies would be interested in my involved internal meditations. I've heard that they do not tend to think as often or as quickly as I do. A lot of the subjects I think about are not popular with the ordinary equine, too. I have a terrible Utilitarian and Consequentialist streak that would make most of them foam at the mouth. Still, I'd best express interest. If I am going to play dumb, I had better do it right.

"Oh, you can communicate telepathically? Fascinating," I say to Entero. I smile again. Also, I make sure to blink a few times to show off my eyelashes. Perfect. Oh, wait, no... that didn't come off too forced, did it? I hope he doesn't notice.

While contemplating controlling what should be automatic and suggestive blinking, I catch a glimpse of my shadow. It takes all of my willpower not to shudder. It's been there for quite sometime. Has it been as long as I remember, or has it found it's way into memories past? Even bearing aware of its presence, it's not a pleasant sight and often catches me off guard. I wonder why. Is it the constant, modifying form?

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-29, 01:31 AM
"Awright Entero, I'll keep that in mind. Let's work hard and keep mental communication to a minimum. Keep'n eye on the curious unicorn, she seems a little more informed than them other ponies."
Flamestrike looks unamused at his squad's bickering. "Stow it, you two. Entero's got a valid point Ultra, link up and shape up. Entero, please don't poke the bear." He switches his attention to 'Mindy' "You know how to get to the asylum, Sparkles?"

Snowbluff
2015-05-29, 06:17 AM
I nod. "From inside the city, I do. The problem is that it looks like this wall extends around the whole area. We'll likely have to find a tunnel on the outside to get into it. The good news is that I know that the asylum is to the west side of the city, so if we search there, our odds are better."

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-29, 09:14 AM
"Alright." Flamestrike turns to the rest of the squad. "Looks like we're gonna be headin' inta enemy territory, I've commandeered this here unicorn as a guide. Let's ride."

Snowbluff
2015-05-29, 12:16 PM
"You've commandeered me? That's no way to ask a lady and a unicorn on a date, even if you're just looking for a 'ride'." I say haughtily, squinting my eyes.

I love military types like this. They get so commanding in situations they have no control over. I'm always one to play the gadfly, but barring a suitably intelligent audience, intentionally misconstruing orders is an endless source of entertainment.

I technically don't need the assistance of these ponies, and the wolf, but a few pony shields never hurt anyone. Well, it hurts the shields, but I think I'm a little too important to allow myself to get killed while making a simple visit to assist my uncle.

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-29, 12:33 PM
Flamestrike lets his fangs show in a wicked grin. "You heard right, Sparkles. Commandeered. You seemed awful curious about this runna-the-mill town. I'm bankin' you want in jus' about as bad as we do."
"I reckon we don't need no guide, but it'd sure as heck be nice to have one."
Flamestrike motions towards Windchaser. "Flyboy here is a top-o-the-line explorer, so we could get along no problem." Flamestrike lets out a goading laugh. "I reckon you're one'a them prissy pony types that don't wanna get dirty. If yer thinkin' its too much fer ya, we can leave ya here." Flamestrike isn't lying or bluffing, he'd trudge through hell or high water to complete his mission, guide or not.

Snowbluff
2015-05-29, 12:52 PM
"I'm not one to avoid getting dirt, but if you're going to do what you want with me, at least make it quick." I make another agitated expression. "It's not like I could stop a group of strong guys like you. I thought this kind of behavior went out when they added the Third Amendment."

Oh, I pray to the Singer that there is no dirt. I could get melioidosis.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-29, 01:10 PM
"I'm not one to avoid getting dirt, but if you're going to do what you want with me, at least make it quick." I make another agitated expression. "It's not like I could stop a group of strong guys like you. I thought this kind of behavior went out when they added the Third Amendment."

"Now listen here, miss. I don't like what you're insinuatin'. I - we - don't mean you any harm at all. We're here to get into Ever Rain, and you're presumably here for the same thing, so we might as well stick together as long as it's convenient. There's strength in numbers, and who knows what's been going on in there since the wall went up?"

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-29, 01:38 PM
"Hook, line, 'n sinker."
Flamestrike grins at Mindy's statement, 'make it quick' meant she gave consent. "Entero, hook 'er up to the network."

Flamestrike notes Windchaser's distaste for the unicorn's words. "Don't ruffle your feathers, Flyboy. Someponies like playin' the victim. It don't mean much."

Yanisa
2015-05-29, 01:49 PM
The group set up and goes westwards, following the wall, leaving the group of Seekers behind. The more westwards you go, the further the shadows of the wall fall on the land. Like a looming giant it slowly seems to conquer more and more land in it's wake. After a brief walk you reach the point the shadows almost reach the edge of the forest and the sun is completely hidden by the wall. But even without those signs the group just feels they are as close as they could be to the asylum without being inside the wall. Even though the wall is imposing, the asylum has a presence through the wall. Bladicorn can confirm the asylum should be on the other side of the wall.

Everypony notices it is eerily quiet, there is no sound of birds in the trees, no buzzing insects, not even the wind blowing through the leaves.

Everyone roll a Perception check

Snowbluff
2015-05-29, 01:55 PM
"I'm not the one making advances, pegasus," I say. It's true, I'm just being a pain. "Also, you shouldn't try communicating with me telepathically. You don't want me in your heads. There are probably a ton of important military and government secrets in there. Don't let a wolf pressure you into treason."

The best way to lie is to make sure that at least some of what you say is true. A better way to deceive someone is to withhold information, however. Giving me the ins and outs of the countries military would be a dangerous thing to do, but it's not the reason why I wouldn't want to be linked to these people.

Bladie refuses any mental connection.

Perception: [roll0]

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-29, 02:08 PM
"Your loss. Entero here can do some pretty nifty tricks with his mind-web."

[roll0]
"So the asylum's on the other side of this wall? Will it be right in front of me if I flew over, or is it a ways in?"

In-character, that's directed at Bladicorn Mindy, but out-of-character it's more of a question for Yanisa.

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-29, 03:02 PM
"Keep your eye on this unicorn. They're shifty. I know a wolf in sheep's clothing when I see one. Trust me. I'm a wolf."
Flamestrike grins widely, showing his wicked fangs. "Just be prepared to lie in the bed you make, unicorn. " His tone is grave, if things go to hell, Entero would be limited.
Perception
[roll0]

Depending on how long people have served with Flamestrike, they might know he is very cautious of anybody he doesn't know.

PsyBomb
2015-05-29, 03:33 PM
Entero gave the polite knock once more, and immediately felt Bladicorn's mental doors slam shut. There would be no integrating her into the Network.

"Tch, her loss, and more power for the three of us. I'll make sure to keep half an eye on her, I don't much trust anyone who would refuse a healer's network twice. Won't be a third absent a direct order, Sir, she can suffer"

Over the Network, Entero manifests Biofeedback. 1 base, 3 to increase DR, 2 to include the wolf and the pegasus. All Networked have DR 3/- for the next 7 minutes, 6 PP spent. Display below.

While moving out, he made sure to keep an eye out. Too much could go wrong, even with a wholly unified and disciplined force. As they stepped off, ghostly armor plates briefly appear over all in the Network before vanishing.

[roll0]
Entero is also a wee bit paranoid. He and flamestrike will get along quite well.

Snowbluff
2015-05-29, 06:06 PM
"There he goes again. Sexual harassment. I'll be sure to file a report once I return to the capital. I'll have your commission for this. It's troubling to know that they'll let anyone in the military nowadays, especially when they are so disinterested in the well-being of their citizens." I sigh. "A proper unicorn should never have to deal with such offensive creature."

"Mr. Pegasus, the asylum is on a hill. It's quite large, and should be hard to miss. However, if it does fall inside the wall, I wouldn't suggest investigating it alone. From what my fellow esteemed unicorn has said, you would have to venture inside, which isn't something I would suggest. It's ripe with places to hide for an ambush." I have to look up to the pegasus. It's best that I project my vice properly when speaking to pegasi. They are usually are further away than most other ponies.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-29, 06:21 PM
"Mr. Pegasus, the asylum is on a hill. It's quite large, and should be hard to miss. However, if it does fall inside the wall, I wouldn't suggest investigating it alone. From what my fellow esteemed unicorn has said, you would have to venture inside, which isn't something I would suggest. It's ripe with places to hide for an ambush."[/COLOR] I have to look up to the pegasus. It's best that I project my vice properly when speaking to pegasi. They are usually are further away than most other ponies.

"I'm the only one in the squad who can fly, but if you've got some means of gettin' over the wall we could head in together. Maybe the others could fling you?" He chuckles at his own joke. "The way I see things, it might be faster for one or more of us to head to the asylum, find the tunnel, and follow it back outside the city than it would be for us to dig around in the dirt until we happen across it by chance."

I'm waiting on Yanisa to tell us what comes out of those Perception checks before taking any major actions.

Yanisa
2015-05-30, 02:44 AM
You all spot a broken sword on the ground, split into a few pieces, most likely sundered by a blunt weapon.

You also note hoofprints, almost faded away. There was a small group of ponies or other hooved creature here. Two seemed to have come to blows, which explains the broken weapon. The hoof prints came from back east, just like you, and go further into the forest west.

You hear sobbing in the far distance. It sounds a like a little filly.

You also note hoofprints, almost faded away. There was a small group of ponies or other hooved creature here. Two seemed to have come to blows, which explains the broken weapon. The hoof prints came from back east, just like you, and go further into the forest west.

Snowbluff
2015-05-30, 09:08 AM
"I could get in myself, but splitting up isn't advisable." It's true. I can burrow under the wall. Having these ponies take a few hits for me on the way to my uncle's home is an acceptable loss.

I examine the sword on the ground. This is a bad sign. There might be assailants on the outside of the walls, too. I center my focus, and manifest Detect Hostile Intent.

Detect Hostile Intent. Hostile enemies within 30 are revealed.
Hide display, DC 17: [roll0]

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-30, 10:36 AM
"Fair enough, miss Mindy. We'll keep it as plan B in case we can't find the tunnel from out here."

"I hear somepony crying, a ways off. Sounds like it's just a little filly. Do you think it'd be safe to go look, sir? There might still be some of the ponies from this fight running about, and I don't want to let a child get hurt if we can prevent it."

Which direction is the crying coming from, if I can tell?

Sjlver
2015-05-30, 11:26 AM
After a long while of observation and pensive thought, Ultrapony finally speaks up. "How about we just destroy the wall. We shouldn't care about it either way. It is merely an obstacle to us."

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-30, 04:01 PM
"Permission granted, Flyboy. Go find the source of the yammerin'. If anything goes wrong, you let us know pronto."
"What tools you got for breaking this here wall, Ultrapony?" Flamestrike muses. "I'm thinkin' we find that tunnel and go straight through to asylum. Ain't much a buncha sickies gonna do against a fully armored platoon." Flamestrike looks at the blade, trying to identify it's origin.

Knowledge (Martial)
[roll0]
It's worth a shot!

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-30, 04:56 PM
"It might be dangerous, and I don't want to get caught out by myself. One of you want to come along? The rest can look for that tunnel and wait for us to get back."

I'm also waiting for Yanisa to say what direction the sound is coming from.

Yanisa
2015-05-30, 05:23 PM
You don't detect any hostiles.

The sword is a featureless sword without any marks of a crafter, which most likely means it is mass-produced. And only the pony Empire mass produces weapons. Although anypony is able to buy one, most mass produced weapons are bought by the military and police forces.

The sobbing comes from inside the forest, directly west of you.

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-30, 05:38 PM
"This sword ain't anything special." Flamestrike mutters. "I'll come with you, Flyboy. I trust Ultrapony and Entero to watch sparkles here."

Probably a good idea to keep a defender in each group.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-30, 06:48 PM
Windchaser will take to the air (staying off the ground but below the treetops) and head off in the direction of the sounds, presumably with Flamestrike following.

Snowbluff
2015-05-30, 10:22 PM
"For the record, we don't have the numbers to be considered a platoon. You guys don't even make up a squad." I state, in a matter-of-fact manner. The term for their kind of group would be fire team, especially when you consider that their team is organized for ease of movement. A psychic also allows them ease of communication, and probably is the de facto leader. Then you have a pegasus for scouting and the machinenpony that probably serves as a grenadier. Oh, and there's a wolf who probably got in on a special dispensation. He's obviously under-qualified for even grunt work.

Oh, I remember to giggle flippantly. I don't want to unnerve them with my superb knowledge of military organization and attacks that I picked up when I tried to overthrow their queen. "Oh, I sure hope we don't get attacked. We'd probably be outnumbered, but I'm sure you will protect me, Entero." I smile at the earth pony.

Sjlver
2015-05-30, 10:41 PM
"We have a... number of means of getting straight through a wall. What is a group if they can't get past a mere wall." Ultrapony states as he surveys the wall then the rest of the group.

Snowbluff
2015-05-30, 10:48 PM
"You don't have a way through the wall, do you?" I say flatly, remembering to giggle after the fact. A pickaxe would be handy here. There I could get them to get through the wall so I don't have to clamber through tunnels or dig myself through a bunch of dirt. I'd rather stay clean.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-30, 10:52 PM
Since Flamestrike hasn't confirmed that we're departing immediately, and we haven't heard from Yanisa regarding what happens after we split up, I'm assuming here that I'm at least still within verbal-communication distance of the others.
"We've got a few ways of breakin' up stone alright, but is that really the best idea? The noise would certainly get the attention of anyone on the inside, and it might not even work anyways. This wall's strange enough, I wouldn't be surprised if we knocked it down and it grew right back up".

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-31, 01:30 AM
Flamestrike ignores the unicorn's remarks, as he has learned was appropriate to do with all things that bother him. "Lets hit the road, kid." He says to Windchaser. "You take point, I don't know where we are going. But in case of danger, rotate our positions immediately."

Sorry, I was at my D&D session.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-31, 02:09 AM
Windchaser decides he'd be better off on the ground for now, and lands a short distance ahead of Flamestrike. He concentrates for a brief moment, and a wispy silver-white shape travels from his rear hooves to Flamestrike's rear paws, where a pair of oddly-constructed boots takes shape, similar to those on Windchaser's back legs.

I reallocate my Essence. Three points into Stalker's Tabi, three into Sentinel's Helm, one into Eyes of the Hawkguard, and one into Akashic Army to share Stealth Synergy, Enfilading Fire, and the base benefits of Stalker's Tabi (+2 to Acrobatics and Stealth) with Flamestrike. As Flamestrike and I travel towards the source of the sound, my passive Stealth is (taking 10) 35 if we move at half speed (35 feet per round) and my passive Perception is (again taking 10) 29. Flamestrike and I can both use the higher of our two Stealth check results (which means he'll probably be using mine).

Also, sorry I keep switching cases. I honestly have no idea which to use.

Yanisa
2015-05-31, 03:09 AM
Flamestrike and Windchaser set off into the forest. It is still the edge of the forest and the trees are sparse, allowing you to still see the group near the wall, and vice versa. Only a little while in Flamestrike also starts to hear the sobbing. Still following the sound they reach a small clearing where something happened. The first thing you notice is a lop sided flag placed in front of a tree with the symbol of the Pony Queen, the blessed wing, on it. You also note a mace and a helmet on the ground and faded hoofprints in the soil.

Suddenly the sobbing stops and you hear a weak and girlish voice shout. "Help me!" It is still coming from deeper in the forest, more westwards.

Something is poking in your mind.

OOC: Roll a Will save (Enchantment/Mind-affecting)

LoyalPaladin
2015-05-31, 05:50 AM
"This means trouble, Flyboy! Get behind me!" Flamestrike shouts.
Will Save
[roll0]
Oh man...

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-31, 07:14 AM
[roll0]

I'll hold of on repositioning, essence movement, etc until Yanisa confirms that whatever's hitting us still lets me do that.

Yanisa
2015-05-31, 07:51 AM
You shake off the effect.
You feel compelled to go the filly, a young girl in need needs you! You cannot do anything else then rush to her aid.

Without giving a warning or a word, Flamestriker suddenly dashes forwards, towards the locating of the scream, leaving Windchaser behind.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-31, 08:13 AM
Windchaser will run after Flamestrike and try to stay even with him; Flyboy's a lot faster (twice as fast, actually) so he shouldn't have a hard time with that.

"What was that? Why're you going so fast?"

As Windchaser runs, the cylinders of energy around his front legs start spinning faster and faster, and the sparks at the ends of his hooves flare up.

I reallocate essence. Three into Hand Cannons (total of four thanks to the Catalyst), three into Riven Darts, two into Eyes of the Hawkguard.

"Entero, it feels like somebody else just tried to access our minds. Flamestrike's probably been affected, he just started running. I'm going after him and I'll let you know if we need backup."

PsyBomb
2015-05-31, 01:25 PM
"Got it, I'm on my way."

Entero takes off running after Flamestrike and Windchaser, struggling to stay within Network range. Gotta just hope I can get there in time, I don't have anything ready for direct mental attacks.

Out loud, he calls back to the likely-surprised cyborg now behind him. "Ultra! Mental attacks on the others, we gotta get up there to assist."

Sorry that took so long to post, life got interesting for a sec. Please note that Network range is 170 feet from me at the moment, anyone outside of that is no longer Networked until you get back in range.

Snowbluff
2015-05-31, 01:47 PM
Mental attacks? I think we found our assailant as, well as a potential source of information. Even better, I think sarcastically to myself, we have someone aping my modus operandi. Maybe she's a former follower of mine? No, I find it unlikely any of them are still active. I should grab a hold of the person's mind before she does the same to me. The others may notice, but it's the most expedient method of resolving the situation. If the wolf becomes hostile, I may get to add "drooling" to his description of "moron." Or, If I'm feeling gracious, I could just charm him as well, but saving him really wouldn't benefit any of us. It's important to remember the values of other when making a calculation of the utility of an act.

I follow behind, making sure to pay close attention to my Sense Hostile Intent effect.

Sjlver
2015-05-31, 02:21 PM
Ultrapony follows Entero but with nowhere near the same amount of urgency or haste. Despite this, however, Ultrapony seems to be keeping pace. "Mental attacks. What a... superfluous way of taking care of things. It's nothing a well placed bullet couldn't do. Sure the pain is probably more with the mental attacks but... why put someone through something so needless."

Yanisa
2015-05-31, 03:59 PM
Windchaser follows Flamestrike until he reaches the source of the sobbing. There was indeed a filly in the forest but she seems strange. At moments she looks translucent and unearthly while at other moments she looks like a normal seablue young pony. Flamestrikes walks over to her and just sits down, while she looks at Flamestrike with hopeful eyes. "Are you going to find my dolly?" She asks as she while her two front hooves grab Flamestrikes paw. For a moment nothing happens, at least nothing that Windchaser can see.
Suddenly the rest of the group arrives at the scene and at the same time Flamestrike seems to be himself again. The filly still sits in front of him, with a bright a smile on her face. Yet there is something unnerving in the air, like something can strike at any moment.

When you reach the filly, you just feel compelled to just sit and listen to her story. As she tries to grab your pawn you still feel your instinct trying to pull her paw away, but she is quicker. Suddenly your mind is filled with images. A hot summer day. A road in the forest. A sparkling lake. A rock with a doll on it. The same lake, but it is evening now. The rock without a doll. The road in the forest again, but this time it's nighttime. A shadow in the forest. Darkness.

Then you wake up from your state and you are fully in control of your mind again. You do have the feeling there is urgency behind the vision she showed you.
The filly doesn't detect hostile, but there are hostiles nearby. You detect four of them, surrounding this clearing, northwest, northeast, southwest and southeast.

As for your sense motive; the filly seems seems innocent and friendly but also strangely familiar.
OOC: Everyone roll a perception and initiative.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-31, 04:14 PM
Perception:
[roll0]

Initiative:
[roll1]

PsyBomb
2015-05-31, 05:36 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Snowbluff
2015-05-31, 10:50 PM
Hold on a second three hostiles. No, wait, do I know this filly? Is she a child of someone I know? No, don't jump to conclusions. Well, it is a detail of a well practiced mind is that it can entertain a line of though. It's possible that she's trapped outside. Of course, she could be an illusion sent by the Night Mare. That would be pretty bad news, but I don't think she thinks I'm worth her attention. I hope.

Still, there is work to be done.

I'll manifest touchsight with the surprise round, if I can. I was going to attack as soon as I noticed them, but then I realized that I don't know the distance, so I can't Flicker Strike them.

[roll0] To hide my manifestation.

[roll1] Init
[roll2] Perception if I still need it.

Sjlver
2015-06-01, 06:49 AM
Initiative: [roll1]

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-01, 09:30 AM
As Flamestrike shakes off the mind effects, he is snarls slightly, but quiets down when he sees the filly. Don't scare children, children are the leaders of tomorrow. Let them live in peace, he thought.

Perception
[roll0]

Initiative
[roll1]

Yanisa
2015-06-01, 11:52 AM
Inside the undergrowth, near the trees the group spots a few strange shadow figures. They are in the vague shape of ponies but it's hard to see where the creature ends and the shadow of the tree starts. They hiss and look at the group with hungry empty eyes.

Battle-map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K787aeZveuM9I18UA_eCwrWUWj5xcsVXVI2fqGKiy5w)

In the case the link doesn't work, First up are Flamestrike and Entero, all enemies are within 30 feet.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-01, 01:42 PM
Flamestrike snarls as he runs to the nearest opponent. There was a child near and it was his job to protect it.

Let me know if I am doing something wrong.
Remember: Flamestrike has Golden Commander Stance active.

Flamestrike will move 4 squares right and 1 square up to attack the opponent to his right.

Attack One
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1] (Slashing/Magical)
Critical (On 15-20)
[roll2]
Critical Damage
[roll3]

Attack Two
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5] (Slashing/Magical)
Critical (On 15-20)
[roll6]
Critical Damage
[roll7]

PsyBomb
2015-06-01, 04:38 PM
"HUDs up!"

Entero focuses his power, and send it out to Flamestrike and and Windchaser. Both of them suddenly can see just a hair clearer, their opponents coming into sharper focus than before. The bleeding from his left ear would be worth it, it always was. All nearby suddenly hear the faint sound of sonar, as Entero does not try to hide his display

Overchannel to ML 8
manifest Battlesense, 2 PP to augment a second bonus, 1 PP to include a second target on a Network power.
Flamestrike and Windchaser enjoy a +2 Circumstance Bonus to attack rolls, and can use Aid Another as an Immediate action for the next 8 rounds.
[roll0]

Yanisa
2015-06-01, 11:30 PM
Flamestrike's first hit strikes true and any normal pony would be have been seriously wounded, however the blade slices trough the shadowy creature like it was made out of air, or shadow in this case. Still the magic of the sword distorts the presence and the shadowy pony seems less whole. The second strike is a miss, even with Entoro's help.
In return the shadowy pony reaches out with his hoof, but the creature is slow and you easy sidestep him.

The other's slowly encircle the group, floating slightly above ground, each finding their own victim, with a stretched hoof towards them. They are easy to avoid, except Bladicorn who trusts more on armor then agility learns that these things pass right trough her armor. The touch is cold and she feels her muscles getting heavier.

Bladicorn gets 5 strength damage

Also everyone is up.

Here's the link to the map. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K787aeZveuM9I18UA_eCwrWUWj5xcsVXVI2fqGKiy5w)

Also for today I have decided to keep the rolls forum based, I might not do that for every combat, unless you guys really want open rolls.

Edit: In other news, we got a Dice thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?418555)...

SF 2 [roll0]
SW 7 [roll1]
SB 11 [roll2]
SE 2 [roll3]

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-02, 12:39 AM
The sparks fade from the ends of Windchaser's hooves as he takes to the air. Once he reaches a safe height he points one of his hooves at the nearest shadow pony, and one of the cylinders on his front legs launches a rough silver sphere with a heavy fwoomp sound.

He shifts essence again, for 3 (effective 4) in Hand Cannons, 3 in Chakra Targeting, and 2 in Eyes of the Hawkguard. He single-move flies up to 15 feet off the ground, which leaves him within 30 feet of the three nearest shadow ponies (H-14 and L-14 probably still have cover, though), and makes a single attack with the Hand Cannons against the shadow pony in square I-11. He is using Deadly Aim (and thus benefits from Chakra Targeting). The cannons have a +2 enhancement bonus.
Attack:
[roll]1d20+19[roll]
Damage:
[roll0]
Crit Confirmation:
[roll1]
Crit Damage:
[roll2]

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-02, 12:42 AM
Let's try that attack roll again. Maybe I'll have this dice thing figured out eventually, but probably not.
[roll0]

That's a natural 20. Woop woop!

Snowbluff
2015-06-02, 07:55 AM
Immediate Action: Altered Penumbra
I roll a stealth check versus the attacker's perception. If I win, the attack misses, I teleport 10 ft, and leave an Image behind.

Stealth: [roll0]

Yanisa
2015-06-02, 09:03 AM
The shadowy pony fails to notice Bladicorn's switch trick

[roll0]

Yeah that's a bad perception roll.

Snowbluff
2015-06-02, 09:29 AM
I away from the the shadow pony that attacked me, drawing my weapon. Such curious properties. An experiment is in order. I infuse my sword, a crystalline longsword called Ceaseless Reflection, with psionic energy and strike at the creature.

Move 70 feet away.

Spend 2 PP on Deep Crystal Falchion, gaining +2d6 damage.

Flicker Strike
Teleport adjacent to the target shadow pony.
Free action: Claim the pony, recover Altered Penumbra.
Attack versus Flat-Footed AC: [roll0] Slashing, Magical
Crit (on a 15-20): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]
Crit Damage [roll4]
Miss Chance (High, hits) [roll5]
Teleport back to my location.

Sjlver
2015-06-02, 09:56 AM
Ultrapony takes a step away and opens his maw to reveal a gun. Both barrels erupt with explosive force and fire two mystifying bullets towards his aggressor. Ultrapony retracts the gun for a split second as cogs and gears work to reload it.

5ft step away.
Ranged Touch Attack
Sacrifice 'Mudball'' to give the attack the Ghost Touch Property.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Attack Roll: [roll2]
Damage Roll: [roll3]

Attack Roll: [roll4]
Damage Roll: [roll5]

+4 Damage to each attack.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-02, 12:59 PM
Flamestrike snarls wickedly, grasping his cutlass firmly in his mouth.

Still attacking the same opponent.

Attack One
[roll0]
Damage
Critical (On 15-20)
[roll2]
Critical Damage
[roll3]

Attack Two
[roll4]
Damage
Critical (On 15-20)
[roll6]
Critical Damage
[roll7]

PsyBomb
2015-06-02, 01:08 PM
Nonstandard opponents. My crossbow won't do anything if Flamestrike's attack didn't kill it, and I have some bleeding to cure. This guy looks like a good volunteer...

Entero steps up next to Windchaser, facing his same foe. A jet-black aura wreathes his right forehoof as he lunges to attack, focusing on the animating force behind it.

[roll0]
If it connects, 12 damage (Vitalist level plus Wis mod). I'm assuming he's undead so I can't heal off of him, but if he is living please tell me so that I can get the HP back

Yanisa
2015-06-02, 03:15 PM
Ultrapony picks his target and blasts the shadowy pony into oblivion leaving nothing behind. Bladicorn, Flamestrike and Windchaser deal heavy damage to their targets and large puffs of shadows leave the creature like smoke from a fire. The creatures are still there but seem barely able to exist. However Entero's attack seemingly has no effect on these things, whatever they are, they aren't alive.

The one in front of Flamestrike attacks back...
The one attacked by Windchaser suddenly starts floating, following Windchaser up into the air, out for revenge on the Pegasus...
The one attacked by Bladicorn strikes the image Bladicorn had left behind after her Altered Penumbra...

Non of them are able to hit anything, they might seem imposing but their combat prowess is clearly lacking.

Map link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K787aeZveuM9I18UA_eCwrWUWj5xcsVXVI2fqGKiy5w)

@Entoro's, these thing have no con score.

SF [roll0] [roll1]
SW [roll2] [roll3]
SB [roll4] [roll5] (a.k.a. the stupid one)

Edit: :smallbiggrin:

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-02, 03:52 PM
Windchaser shifts away from the floating pony and unleashes a barrage of bolts from his hands.

5-foot step to G-13 (there's an empty 5-foot cube above Entero's space, then Windchaser occupies the next one up), then full attack against the shadow pony in F-11. If that one's downed by the first or second attacks, he switches targets to the shadow pony in E-14. If that one goes down too, any remaining attacks are made against the one in L-10, but since that one's outside 30 feet my to-hit and damage will both be 4 lower than indicated in the dice rolls (and that one probably has cover from Flamestrike for +4 AC).
Attack 1:
[roll0]
Damage 1:
[roll1]
Crit Confirmation 1:
[roll2]
Crit Damage 1:
[roll3]

Attack 2:
[roll4]
Damage 2:
[roll5]
Crit Confirmation 2:
[roll6]
Crit Damage 2:
[roll7]

Attack 3:
[roll8]
Damage 3:
[roll9]
Crit Confirmation 3:
[roll10]
Crit Damage 3:
[roll11]
I excluded the Chakra Targeting/Point Blank Shot bonuses from Attack 3 by mistake. It has +4 attack and damage if it's against G-13 or F-11.
"Don't let the filly run, something's fishy about this ambush and she's probably a part of it!"

Snowbluff
2015-06-02, 03:56 PM
Minor Image of Bladicorn: [roll0], it'll last through the enemy's next turn.

I'll move up to the shadow pony that attacked the image.

2 PP to the Deep Crystal Sword

Blazing Mirror Strike
Attack Versus Touch [roll1]
Crit on 15-20 [roll2]
Damage [roll3] + [roll4]
Crit Damage [roll5]
Miss Chance [roll6]

DC 20 Fort Versus Blind

Sjlver
2015-06-02, 09:17 PM
Ultrapony glares at the rest of the party with menace. "No no. This is all wrong. This is not how it is suppose to happen. You... ponies are so... deplorable." He turns his head towards Mindy. "You. You have... done well. You are the trustworthy one." He returns his attention to the aggressors and once again fires upon them with impunity.

Attack 1: Ghost Touch
[roll0]
[roll1]
Crit Damage: +[roll2]

Attack 2: Ghost Touch
[roll3]
[roll4]
Crit Damage: +[roll5]

All attacks vs touch.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-02, 10:00 PM
Flamestrike is shaken from his battle fury by Windchaser's words. "Catch her! Don't let her go!" He turns his attention back to his foe and howls. "Die already!"

Still attacking the same unit.

Attack One
[roll0]
Damage
Critical Confirm (On 15-20)
[roll2]
Critical Damage
[roll3]

Attack Two
[roll4]
Damage
[roll6]
Critical Damage
[roll7]

Yanisa
2015-06-03, 09:39 AM
With the combined effort the last of the shadowy ponies is easily dispersed and they all fade away until nothing is left. Slowly silence returns to the forest and the odd feeling in the air also disappears.

During the fight you almost lost sight of the filly, who seemingly fled for the encroaching shadows. But she now steps out of the undergrowth like nothing happened. She doesn't seem to make any attemps from the group. Instead she settles her eyes on Flamestrike again, with that strange hopeful look. Which is hard to see because she is still partly translucent.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-03, 09:50 AM
Flamestrike cleans his cutlass against his fur and walks over to the filly. "Young'n, it ain't safe to stray away from your protectors inna fight." He says in a gruff tone. "But," his expression softens very slightly, so only the most keen sights can see it. "I reckon we can help you out."

Flamestrike was a hardened veteran and one of the toughest leaders on the force, but he loved children. They were the future and they were the innocence he fought to protect. "Flyboy and Entero, this filly ain't no threat. I'm no expert, but I'd say she ain't exactly your standard filly either. Help an' old wolf out."

Blast, Yanisa! Kids! My only weakness!

Snowbluff
2015-06-03, 11:24 AM
"Now, now, filly, a proper unicorn always introduces herself. I'm Mindy." I bow to the filly slightly. "What's your name?"

Actually, what kind of pony is she? I'm having a hard time seeing her.

Perception: [roll0] to notice anything about the filly.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-03, 01:15 PM
Windchaser will leave the filly to Flamestrike and Mindy; he usually lacks the patience to talk to children this young, and right now is no exception. He does, however, circle their position in the air, watching for other threats.

Shift back to default noncombat essence, circle 15 feet off the ground and 15 feet away from the filly, take a look at what's around us. Perception is a take 10 for 29.

Yanisa
2015-06-03, 03:53 PM
The filly looks at Flamestrike, seeming very impressed, and nods bravely. Then she smiles and asks again. "You will find my dolly? You are awesome!"

When asked about her names she frowns for a moment. For a moment she becomes more solid but after a few silent seconds the frown drops and she shakes her head. "I... I forgot. I... don't know." She says confused, becoming more translucent while saying it. "I need to find my dolly." She adds to that, as if that would help her remember.

Even though she is asking nicely, each time she mentions her dolly you feel a certain urgency.
The filly lacks horns or wings, or any other features. So she must be a Earth Pony... yet she seems strangely unearthly.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-03, 04:07 PM
"Hey Flyboy, how's that eye sight o'yours?" Flamestrike yells. "Little girls lost 'er doll and I got a hankerin' its some kinda important." Realizing his statement sounds less than tough, in a low rumble he adds "My gut ain't led me wrong yet."

He looks at the filly and smiles a little. "We'll get yer doll kid. Don't you worry." He gestures to himself slightly and says proudly "The name's Flamestrike. Since you ain't got no name, I'll call ya 'Pup'. You might be a pony, but I ain't. So while yer with me, you getta be pup."

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-03, 04:25 PM
"Hey Flyboy, how's that eye sight o'yours?" Flamestrike yells. "Little girls lost 'er doll and I got a hankerin' its some kinda important."

"Good enough to find a child's doll, sir." He lands, and faces the filly. "Now, do you have any idea where you were when you last had your dolly?"

"I don't want to spend too much time on this. Saving children's dollies may be of some importance, but we were sent here to investigate Ever Rain."

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-03, 04:39 PM
"Duly noted, Solider. I'm gettin the feelin' it may be linked. Crazy wall, missin' service ponies, and a ghost kid? It's like some sorta spook's tale."
Flamestrike is kid friendly. But he is also mission oriented. Besides, sidequests!

Yanisa
2015-06-04, 09:55 AM
"Pup." She repeats, sounding a bit unsure. "Pup, Pup, Pup. I think I can be a Pup."

She turns her head to Windchaser, another frowns forms on her face and again she seems to become more solid. Suddenly she bursts out "The lake! I left Starflower at the lake." She looks around searching and becomes confused again. "This... is not the lake." She fades again to her translucent state.

Just in case: It is common knowledge that Ever Rain has a lake which acts is the main source of food and income.

You know the lake is a two hour north of the village.

Snowbluff
2015-06-04, 10:03 AM
Hm... A proper unicorn also knows how to say "please," but it's not worth scolding this thing right now. I do know where the lake is, and it has piqued my curiosity. Perhaps if I find the doll, I could get some answers out of it. Perhaps it's a ghost? It's been a long time since I've been around here. Such specters are often not to be trifled with, but I'm short on leads.

I head North, in the direction of the lake.

Perception [roll0]

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-04, 10:14 AM
"Well Pup, let's find us that lake. I'm new 'round these parts. Wanna show an ol' dog the way?" Flamestrike turns around to give the marching order, but he sees Mindy walking away. "Where in tarnation do ya think yer goin', Sparkles?"

Snowbluff
2015-06-04, 10:38 AM
"The lake," I call over my shoulder. If they want to follow, they are well within their rights.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-04, 10:43 AM
"Keeps yer eyes open, boys. Don't wanna get caught flathooved do ya? Entero, can you link Pup to the network? I'm gettin' a feelin' she ain't livin' no more. But I ain't one to torture a spirit. Bad luck'n all."
"Alright, Sparkles. Lead the way." He nods his head in Mindy's direction. "C'mon, Pup."

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-04, 06:12 PM
Windchaser follows in the air, continuing to keep an eye out.

I think it's safe to assume that everyone else is following along unless they post otherwise, I was just posting to remind Yanisa that I'll still be making occasional Perception checks.

Yanisa
2015-06-06, 02:53 AM
The group set outs northwards, towards the lake. Pup follows suit, at quite a pace for such a young one. She also has an odd habit of looking backwards, but she doesn't say anything about it. Pretty quickly the group encounters the wall again and after that the north side of the village. It seems the wall indeed stretches all around the village. A trail, formed by many ponies walking over the same place a lot, goes further north. The trail is still surrounded by forest at both sides and trees cast their shadow on the road, making it a dark path. The forest is also still quiet, even if you walk away from the village it feels like the entire forest is holding it's breath.

After about two hours you reach the lake, which is a huge body of water. It stretches from east to west almost as far as you can see and you can barely make out the forest on the other side of the lake. The open place is also welcoming after the darkness of the forest, the sun reflects on the water making the lake almost shine. You can make out some boats and shacks near the edge of the water, presumably for fishing. You also spot a small figure on the edge where the lake meets the ground, sitting in the sunlight. Around this figure lie objects that shine in the sun. Whoever, or whatever it is, it seems to be sleeping and has not noticed you.

The group stills stands on the edge of the forest, and the edge of the lake is about 150 feet away. Tree stumps, spread out here and there, prove that the forest once reached up the lake, but it has been cleared around here. Pup sticks to the shadows of the trees, although she is not saying anything it seems she doesn't want into the direct sunlight. In addition she seems even more faded to the point she seems transparent, you can almost make out the shapes of trees trough her.

I don't think I have to say this, but this is the time for perception checks and the like.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-06, 10:49 AM
Perception:
[roll0]

PsyBomb
2015-06-06, 11:02 AM
Entero had been silent when dealing with the child... ghost?... Pup? This was more than slightly outside of his experience, and he just did his best to keep mental tabs on his charges in case of another attack. Lakes and searching for lost objects, though, he could do.

[roll0]
Sorry for the dry spell on my posts, this week has been hell.

Snowbluff
2015-06-06, 11:22 AM
I approach the figure on the lake. Maybe it's Fishmonger or one of his fishing buddies. A citizen of the town would be very helpful in finding out what happened. I just hope they don't recognize me.

Perception:
[roll0]

Sjlver
2015-06-06, 06:18 PM
Ultrapony scans the lake then looks at Mindy. "We are following a... the small ponies... a... filly! That's the word. It escaped me there for a second. We are following a filly, why?"

[roll0]

Snowbluff
2015-06-06, 07:22 PM
"That's right," I say, still in my way to the figure. "You kind do not have children, do they? I feel that it's important that we take whatever lead we can to discover more about anomalous phenomena." I nod my horn towards the direction of the wall. "The filly herself seems to be haunting this place as an apparition or illusion. Judging by her nature, I suspect that she has something to do with what is going on." Of course, they fact that she feels familiar makes this more confounding. Is this my fault, in some twist of fate? I hope that my fellow citizens did not suffer because of my actions or impact. A proper unicorn never ultimately aims to harm her people.

I refocus Detect Hostile Intent. It wore off on the trip here. It is a helpful tool for social encounters, and one I would rather not be without.

Sjlver
2015-06-07, 12:56 AM
"No. I do not reproduce. Such processes are... inefficient. A grotesque act followed by 11 months of growing inside, another grotesque occurrence and then another 7 years until fully grown. Then is just... too long, too ineffective. If I wanted another me, I could build one and then it'd be done. It wouldn't take me very long." Ultrapony shakes his head. "How can an organism stand such lengths of time before they become effective. Even the majestic pegasus and the wonderful unicorn need much time before they are capable of such glorious feats."

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-07, 03:22 AM
"What in sam hill is that..." Flamestrike squints, to see the figure. "On your guard."

I agree PsyBomb. I hate this week.
Perception
[roll0]

Yanisa
2015-06-07, 03:40 AM
The pony is a deep shade of blue with purple mane. You count six objects that reflect light around him or her.
The pony has a slender and feminine form. She is colored deep shade of blue with purple mane, which seems poorly maintained, hanging around her in tangles. Also the pony is not just lying on the edge of the lake, her hind legs are actually in the lake.

There are six objects near her. Two rather flat, narrow and long, two large and squarish and more flat and two larger and bend.
The pony has a slender and feminine form. She is colored deep shade of blue with purple mane, which seems poorly maintained, hanging around her in tangles. Also the pony is not just lying on the edge of the lake, her hind legs are actually in the lake.

There are six objects near her. Two seems rather flat, narrow and long, two seems flat, large and squarish and seem two larger and bended.

You don't really recognize this pony and she is out of range for your detect hostile (150 feet.) There are no hostiles nearby either.
The pony has a slender and feminine form. She is colored deep shade of blue with purple mane, which seems poorly maintained, hanging around her in tangles. Also the pony is not just lying on the edge of the lake, her hind legs are actually in the lake. You also spot her cutie mark brand of destiny, which seems to be a fish with sharp tooth among some waves.

There are six objects near her. You would guess two are breastplates, two are metal shields and two seems to be swords.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-07, 05:19 AM
Flamestrike approaches the pony with caution, motioning for his squad and Pup to stay a little behind him. "Howdy there, partner." He examines the creature more closely. "What brings you 'round these parts?"

Yanisa
2015-06-07, 06:47 AM
The pony lazily opens her eyes and her lips move in an inaudible sigh. She doesn't greet back and rolls her eyes at the question. "I live here." She states bluntly with an annoyed look. "And I was enjoying some peace and quiet after dinner."

Snowbluff
2015-06-07, 08:16 AM
"I apologize for the wolf; he's a nuisance. I'm here to ask you a few questions about what is going on around here. I'm sure we'll become fast friends." I smile and give a friendly nod. Questions involving the location of my uncle and what happened around here.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]
Perception [roll2]

Sjlver
2015-06-07, 12:56 PM
Ultrapony glares at Flamestrike quizzically. "I am hesitant to think that you are gesturing for us to stay back because I know you are smarter than that."

PsyBomb
2015-06-07, 05:13 PM
Entero hangs back about 15 feet from Flamestrike, close enough to support in case things get hairy. Other than that, he keeps his eyes out for potential trouble

"Taking overwatch..."

[roll0]
[roll1]

Yanisa
2015-06-08, 10:19 AM
"I don't think you are the types that are friends with ponies like me. But fine, I already awake and I have no interest in anymore fighting today." The pony climbs out of the lake and stands up, water dripping from her hinds. Her tail is just as much in tangles as her mane and everyone close can now see her Brand of Destiny, a fish with sharp tooth between two waves.

The pony so far seems honest and her laziness is really just that, laziness.

As a reminde and to double check. Everyone except Windchaser has moved forward and Windchaser is still flying. Means the poor filly is standing alone in the shadow of the forest.

Also I felt like making a picture of the Brand of Destiny, so here is one:
http://i61.tinypic.com/2z6h7uw.jpg

Snowbluff
2015-06-08, 10:27 AM
"Nonsense. A proper unicorn is a friend to all of her people. You can call me Mindy, because my friends call me that." I extend my hoof for a hoofbump, and flutter my eyelashes in case that would help. "I'm interested in what has gone on around here. Have you been attacked today? Are there other fishermen around? Have you seen a doll?" I give my brightest smile. It's important to smile.
Diplomacy (gather info): [roll0]

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-08, 10:51 AM
Flamestrike motions Pup to come forward, wondering why she didn't come with the rest of the party. "Sometimes a wolf's gotta make sure the path is clear, Ultra."
"I reckon this pony ain't what she seems. A lazy fish like this? In a fight? Stay alert."
"Wanna try explainin' the loose equipment ma'am?" Flamestrike growls.

I assumed Pup would come with us haha.
Diplomacy
[roll0]

Yanisa
2015-06-08, 11:52 AM
Pup seems to refuse leaving the shadows, shaking her head and muttering something you cannot hear.

Also the shining objects around the pony turned out to be arms and weapons, like Flamestrike said. You see two breastplates, two short swords and two shields.

"Name's Cailpeach." She doesn't respond to the hoofbump, but instead looks puzzled by it. She then decides to just ignore it. "Yeah, I was in a fight of sorts. Some local bandits. Thats why there is armor and weapons scattered around." She glances at Flamestrike, not pleased at his growl. "As for the villages, I haven't seen them recently, that's why I can finally enjoy some sun hours." She looks briefly at Pup, who still stands in the shadows of the forest a while back. "A doll? I might have seen a doll a while back. I thought they already found that one though."

She obvious lies about the fight. In want kind of fight do the losers leave their armor and weapons, but no bodies? Also the weapon and armors are rather unscathed.

PsyBomb
2015-06-08, 12:49 PM
Entero focuses a bit.

"She's lying! Check it out, no bodies anywhere despite the arms and armor being here. No signs of wear or struggle on the equipment, it wasn't used in a recent fight. Be on guard."

Snowbluff
2015-06-08, 01:05 PM
Why isn't she bumping my hoof? Do ponies not do that anymore? I know that I have been away for a decade, but this is uncanny. Of course, trends and fashions can vary wildly from season to season, so it stands to reason that some ponies wouldn't do a simple hoofbump. Or is it that it was never a common practice? I know that I wasn't a very popular pony, but I had to get some things right.

"Could you direct me to the place the doll was found. I'm interested in a particular mystery."

Detect Hostile Intent (or is it sense?)

Sense Motive: [roll0]

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-08, 01:16 PM
"Got it. Get ready fer a brawl."
"Lyin' to a wolf is a dangerous game, horse." Flamestrike growls louder. "I reckon you better spill yer curd 'fore we have us a Phoenix Wolf style barbecue." He threatens, not giving any hope that he wouldn't eat her.
Intimidate
[roll0]

Yanisa
2015-06-08, 02:04 PM
"I don't know where they found the doll. Somewhere in the forest." Her eyes dart again to glance at Pup for a moment.

After Flamestrike issues his threat, Cailpeach burst out in laughter. "You eat me?" She keeps snickering. "Normally I get judged for what I eat." It takes her a moment before she stops giggling and resumes. "Okay I will stop lying, I just wanted to avoid trouble. But telling you guys they took off their armor, went swimming and never returned would have sounded like a bigger lie. Perhaps if you promise I don't get hurt or judged for the things I say I might be inclined to talk more."

She doesn't detect hostile, but her story is making less and less sense. You notice the armor and weapons are unscathed so there wasn't any fight here and she is clearly withholding information about the doll.
The part about drowning sounds more truthful, but still she is obviously withholding information.
You clearly note she knows more about the doll then she says.
The part about drowning sounds more truthful, but still she is obviously withholding information.

Snowbluff
2015-06-08, 02:42 PM
I put my hoof that was awkwardly hanging in the air down, and position myself between Cailpeach and Flamestrike. "It's okay, Cail. A proper unicorn wouldn't let a friend of her's get hurt. If these jarheads try anything, they will have to answer to me." I give her a wink, just in case she's that kind of mare. Any bit could help, since she's the only source of information I have. After the failed hoofbump, I've run short on "Now, do you know what they were doing in the water? I'm sorry for disturbing you and eating up your time, but I've got to know what's going on around here."

I will gut Flamestrike like a... what do ponies gut? Okay, the point is that he would make a useful stepping stone in death.
Diplomacy [roll0]

Oops, wrong modifier, it should be +16, so 36, Oh, and a natural 20.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-08, 03:33 PM
"Just a heads up, sir, I'll be meditating."

The others in the network recognize that Windchaser usually only meditates to switch out one of his magical tools for another, which generally takes an hour or so.
Anyone paying attention to Windchaser sees him float down to only a few feet above the ground and assume an odd posture in midair - like this (https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/5508f76a46902-ghk-yoga-de.jpg), but with his front hooves held together in front of his chest. He closes his eyes, focuses for a brief moment, and recites a short mantra. The various magical constructions on his body burst outward and form into a silver-white sphere around him, emitting a low hum. It holds its shape for a few seconds before collapsing inwards, reforming into the same shapes as he wore before, with one difference. Sparks no longer dance at the ends of his front legs; they are replaced by an odd weblike pattern covering each front hoof. I like embellishing my character's abilities, can you tell?

Windchaser settles onto the ground, folds his legs under himself, opens his eyes, and continues his meditation.

We may be here a while. Windchaser will use Veilshifting to swap out Riven Darts for Lashing Spinnerets (page 60 of this doc (https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fblkac0obf9mzx/Supplemental.pdf?dl=0), which has the most recent list of veils). He will then begin meditating to bind the veil, which will take one hour. As per this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?409134-Dreamscarred-Press-Presents-Akashic-Mysteries-Thread-2&p=19369543#post19369543), I can engage in very minor activities without interrupting the meditation; anything more involved would probably mean I'd have to start over.

Yanisa
2015-06-09, 12:55 PM
"Hehe, eat up time." Caelpeach snickers. She does smile back at Bladicorns and seems to become more relaxed. "Truth is, I lured them in the water. At least they were smart enough to remove their armor. They still drowned." She considered her next words carefully. "I was hungry, you see. I haven't eaten in a long time. I tried recently, with a doll as bait. How long was that again in ponyyears, 20? 10? 30? Something like that. I hoped someone stayed around looking for it, but they didn't come. At least not alone. I later tossed the doll into the forest and I saw somepony take it. And now this season the fisherman stopped coming. I can finally enjoy some sun without pitchforks and torches." Even though she acts casual, her words are ominous.

You start to recall a bit more. Indeed when you were young a filly sneaked out of her home to find a doll. She was never found again. Old wives love to spook ponies with the story, warning them of the dangers of the night. Her name was something sweet. Like Suger, or Honey.

Snowbluff
2015-06-09, 01:24 PM
"I can relate. Sometimes necessity is the mother of conflict." I give a knowing nod. "Thanks for the information. I'll see what I can do with it." That does explain a few things. I can't disparage a pony for doing what they need to survive. If I find a way to help her coexist with others, I'll make sure to help her. Of course, now I have a problem. I can't go to the filly ghost without leaving Cailpeach alone. And if I do that, the wolf will be with the pony and eat it. Of course, this also means I can't leave my sack of grain with the pony when I cross the river.

Ugh! Stop! Wrong puzzle, Bladicorn!

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-09, 02:05 PM
"Admission of guilt. Bag 'er and tag 'er. Entero, watch my back, clearly the unicorn is in cahoots with this criminal."
Flamestrike's growl turns into a roar when he hears of the monster's treachery. "You've admitted to crimes against the crown!" Flamestrike's words are full of anger and the air from his mouth is hot and dry as if fueled by an inner fire.
Flamestrike lashes forward, careful not to touch the water and attempts to take hold of the criminal. "Ain't no one committing crimes on my watch."
Flamestrike is attempting to grapple Cailpeach.
Grapple
[roll0]
I hope I did that right.

Snowbluff
2015-06-09, 02:29 PM
I put my hoof out in from the Wolf to push him away. "Stop that."

Remember, he has to cross Bladie to get to Cailpeach.

CMB: [roll0]

I concentrate on the wolf's mind. If I can, I'll solve this without bloodshed. The Empathic Connection should do it.
"Be at peace. We can solve this without fighting.

Then I turn to the pegasus. "Mr. Pegasus, I'm delighted to inform you that I think I know the filly's name."

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-09, 03:15 PM
Windchaser opens one curious eye.

"You do? Excellent! Is there anything else about her that you can recall?"

I'm not sure what the distance between us is, since I earlier said that I was staying nearer to the filly and hadn't moved since I started meditating I'm assuming we're close enough to speak, though, since I've been able to hear the exchange between you, Flamestrike, and Caelpeach.

Yanisa
2015-06-09, 03:27 PM
Caelpeach blinks twice, unsure of what just happened before her eyes. One moment the flaming wolf tried to grab her, the next moment the nice unicorn pushes him and the wolf turns sweet as a puppy. "Always getting judged for dinner." she sighs to herself.

@Windchaser; Distance between the forest edge, where Windchaser and Pup are, and the rest of the group is about 150 feet and the wind is in your favor. With your perception you can easily hear them talk

Snowbluff
2015-06-09, 03:29 PM
"Yes, yes I do in fact. I do have a small problem though. I don't know how long Mr. Flamestrike will find himself agreeable. Could you handle him for me if he gets out of hand?" I give a pleasant smile. Nailed it. I keep forgetting the smile part, but I got it this time.

"Go over to Mr. Windchaser please. It will be best if we keep you and Ms. Cailpeach separated."

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-09, 03:31 PM
Windchaser nods and returns a polite smile. He's glad that things seem to have been resolved nonviolently, but this whole situation seems a bit off. It's not like Flamestrike to calm down that easily.

"Everything alright, sir?"

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-09, 03:40 PM
Flamestrike bobs his head obediently and walks towards Windchaser.
"No problem, Windchaser. Clearly violence won't solve anything and I betcha she didn't eat them soldiers."

Snowbluff
2015-06-09, 03:48 PM
I stroke Cailpeach's face with the hoof. Why did I do that? You know what, it doesn't matter. All I have to do is get this figured out, even if she did kill the filly. "I'll be right back."

I saunter over to the little filly. "Hello, sweety, honey, sugar." Just cover my bases here. If the siren is unrelated to what is going on, it's probably best to connect with the filly and help her pass on. Either that, or I might learn something new.

Sjlver
2015-06-09, 04:25 PM
"Fighting. It's so needless. We shouldn't be fighting, I'm sure there is a way we can... handle... this without... someone losing their head." Ultrapony's unsettling cadence echoes through the area. After his last word, he turns his head and looks at the earth pony, his eyes eerily pulsing with unlife.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-09, 06:42 PM
"Let me know when you all have finished dealing with the cannibal, and if there's anything I can do to help the ghost child. I'm working on a way to get us over the wall and into the city, which is why we're here in the first place."

Snowbluff
2015-06-09, 09:11 PM
"That 'cannibal' is called Cailpeach, and probably doesn't qualify if she isn't technically a pony. Also, she might know something about how to get into the city. I'll ask her about it in a bit." It's been a while since I've made a new friend. Ponies need harmony and friendship, and unicorns are particularly subservient to this primal need. Besides, who am I to judge Cailpeach? Maybe I can find a way to keep her fed. Honestly, I might end up running into some undesirables who are less agreeable in the future. If they can't be persuaded to work for me, I know a good friend who needs a meal in order to coexist with me.

Yanisa
2015-06-10, 01:12 PM
Pup frowns and like before she is becoming more solid. "Honey... Yeah I was Honeydust." She looks happy for a moment before confusion settles in again. "Not sure why that is important. My dolly, she is important!" She fades again a bit, but she still seems more solid then before.

Meanwhile Cailpeach has lies down again, lazily looking at the group.

Snowbluff
2015-06-10, 01:27 PM
"It is important, Honeydust. We're doing everything we can to find your doll." I smile and use my telekinesis ruffle her mane.

I stand up and adress the soldiers. "Mr. Pegasus, could you and the wolf investigate the area further, I'm going to ask my new friend is she knows anything about the tunnels into the city."

I walk back to Cailpeach and sit down on the shore of the lake. "Another question, Ms. Cailpeach. We are looking for tunnels into the city. Would you know anything about that? I'm guessing" no I'm not, she must have been here since I was a filly, "that you've been in the area for a while. I have to meet with a resident, a fisherman named Fishmonger. And don't tell me it's in the water, okay." I finish with a wink and a chuckle. I watch her closely, seeing if my inquiry has triggered any sort of subconscious response. We've only just met, and I don't expect her to be entirely forthcoming.

Dammit. :smalltongue:

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-10, 02:23 PM
"Entero, why don't you accompany the colonel? I need to finish my meditation."

"I still don't entirely trust the unicorn, and Caelpeach is definitely not safe to be around. This could be a ploy to divide us and make us easier targets. I can fly, and as far as we know neither of them can, so I'm probably the safest around them. Entero, your mind-web is one of our strongest assets, so we want to keep you as safe as possible should this turn out to be the setup for an attack - and that means away from Caelpeach and the unicorn."

Yanisa
2015-06-10, 02:40 PM
"Don't tell what is in the water?" She responds jokingly."That Fishmonger? I haven't eaten in ages before today, so he ain't in the water, unless he is ancient and missing for a long time. I wouldn't know where the villagers are, I am bound to the lake and they are not here. They are smart though, never traveling alone, tying themselves to boats and all kinds of precautions. I bet they just found a safer way to get food instead of dealing with me." She glances at Honeydust again. "Or other things in the forest."
"Or did you mean I shouldn't tell that the tunnel is underwater? I won't tell that that then, but the only way I know does require you to hold your breath for four hours." Her mood seems relaxed again and lazy, because she doesn't stand up again.

She seems honest about it. You don't spot any subconscious responses, she just sits there, lazily, barely moving at all.

Snowbluff
2015-06-10, 03:27 PM
"Hm... that's not good news. I'm stuck here with here with no leads on how to get into the city other than the kid. Does something about it bother you?" I nod to the filly. Out here, this is all I have. Another way into the city might be better. I'm definitely not going to try the tunnel underwater. It's too bad that Cailpeach doesn't have any good clues. Maybe I should ask if the ponies that she drowned said anything. Then again, they were dumb enough to get killed, so it's probably not worth it.

Yanisa
2015-06-11, 10:08 AM
"She seems rather unnatural... rather spooky... All intangible and outwardly. It freaks me out.." Cailpeach even shivers as she says it. "I always thought I was the scariest thing in this forest. Me or that giant thing that uses trees as toothpicks. Not sure if he still is alive though, after that last beating I gave him he never came near my water again." She seems lost in thought, remembering something. "Owh getting into the city? That sounds rather easy. Can't you like fly?" She looks at Windchaser. "Or dig or something? I used to sneak into the village trough the water well, but at some point they learned to toss rocks in the well before using it, made it rather painful to use. The underground river from the lake to the well still flows." She ponders on the subject for a moment. "Or for a price I call one of my contacts, I can guarantee he knows every way in the city. but my aid isn't cheap." Cailpeach stands up again, smiling brightly and her eyes twinkling with excitement, her laziness is all gone now.

Cailpeach seems honestly frightful, but her shivers are clearly exaggerated, like she knows you are keeping a watch on her every movement. Her deal sounds the start of a faustian bargain, whatever her price, the look in her eyes reveal it's unreasonable expensive.

Snowbluff
2015-06-11, 10:35 AM
Hm... interesting. The filly spooks her, of all people. Maybe it's a bigger conundrum than I realized.

"Now, I can't feed you anyone. Well, no one here, anyway. You just ate, and I don't to ruin your figure." I chuckle again. "However, I am interested in making new friends, Ms. Cailpeach. Not all of us can fly, and I'd rather not get dirty or alert whatever is occupying the city." She has certainly piqued my interested. Having other sources of information and allies is paramount. Perhaps I've grown too accustom to a position of leadership, but it couldn't hurt to fill out my own ranks.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-11, 10:40 AM
"Name your price, water-horse. If it's worth more than an hour of my time we won't have a deal."

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-11, 10:48 AM
Flamestrike motions for Entero to walk with him towards the forest. "Let's go, Entero." He growls, seemingly frustrated.

PsyBomb, oh PsyBomb. Where for art thou PsyBomb?

PsyBomb
2015-06-11, 10:35 PM
Week from hell completed, catching up now.
Attempting to identify what Bladicorn did to Flamestrike: [roll0]

Entero had been quiet, he felt it when his officer's mind was turned. It was about time he did something... and he didn't trust Calipeach any further than he could toss an ursa. "We seem to be getting sidetracked a bit," he states, slowly and carefully. "Perhaps it is not necessary to make bargains for now. What I do see is a ghost of a filly that needs release. Bladicorn, we will discuss your actions later, but suffice to say that we don't know her nearly so well that clouding your current boss's mind was a good idea. Calipeach, you very obviously know more than you are letting on. We can come back in a bit, but where is the doll?"

He stands ready for nearly anything, internally reviewing what he had ready. The result wasn't promising... and mostly depended on Ultrapony's uncertain responses.

Snowbluff
2015-06-11, 10:48 PM
"I only gave him the clarity to appreciate the wisdom of a proper unicorn." I smile. It's not often people can understand how valuable I can be. "I stopped a needless fight. Would you rather that it came to blows? There was a good chance that the wolf would not survive." Either because of me or from Cailpeach. If he's insistent on being a problem, I will exercise my talent for solving problems.

PsyBomb
2015-06-12, 02:55 PM
"Clarity and clouding are nearly precise opposites. Why are you trusting her so quickly?"

Hoping this does not come to straight attacks, not sure how long I could hold her off...

Prepare for combat, this might get ugly...

Entero manifests Mend Body, using his Psicrystal's Focus to take-15 on Concentration for a 25 to auto-suppress the display. [roll0] Will use his next Move action to regain the focus while Bladicorn is responding.

Snowbluff
2015-06-12, 05:44 PM
"Entero, how can you trust me to answer that honestly? You've only known me for a few hours. Of course, a proper unicorn is good to her word, but there is no need for unnecessary conflict or bloodshed. What good would it do in reality?" I do have an answer, though. Cailpeach can't help that she's a killer. It's part of her nature, just how I am destined to alter the course of ponykind. This is some of the most honest empathy I have felt for something in a decade. Of course, if trust is important to Entero, I am not sure what makes him think he can trust me. Is it because I am a unicorn? Perhaps, but it's just as possible that I'm another homicidal maniac, no more worthy of trust than Cailpeach.

Maybe I've been imprisoned for too long, but I can't expect this soldier to understand that. There's is to do or die. I'd hazard a guess that philosophy and contemplation is outside their nature. I'll assume that I am correct, because I sense his growing hostility. "Stand down, officer. The ruse has fallen, and you've lost the benefit of surprise."

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-12, 07:59 PM
"Why are we wasting our time with this bickering? The water-pony is of no particular concern, and we have bigger fish to fry. Like a doll that needs finding and a city that needs infiltrating."

That pun was accidental.
"We can deal with the cannibal later, or alert the nearest functional authority to her presence."

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-12, 07:59 PM
Sorry, on mobile.
"That's enough. We've got important things to handle. Enteri, with me." While he seems inconsistent with his usual disposition towards his fellow officer and a criminal, you can tell he is beginning to become genuinely agitated. "Let's nove swiftly so we can end this mission."
"Windchaser, you're in charge of this group. Entero, I'll take point, I trust you to watch my back."

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-13, 12:32 AM
"Cailpeach mentioned a giant creature of some sort. It may be a good idea to take Ultrapony with you for the extra firepower."

"Oh, and if you do run into the beast, let it know that we also dislike Cailpeach. She said something about giving it a beating some time ago."[/COLOR][/I]

Yanisa
2015-06-13, 01:48 AM
Cailpeach chuckles back. "Thank you for worrying about my figure, but I only eat like once in a few hundred years. I do wish I could eat on a regularly basis. Like once a year, just toss in a sacrifice. Doesn't have to be some plumb maiden, just dumb your criminals in the lake." She she her licks her lips with anticipation. "But that's not the favor I would ask of you. I doubt your friends would allow that, even if they only feed me the most vilest of villains. I rather ask something more personal and close." Cailpeach winks at Bladicorn. "Take a small keg and fill with water of this lake. Make sure it's at least a gallon and find another cozy lake, the larger the better, and add my water to that lake. And before your friends ask, it wouldn't allow me to travel away from here, I am stuck here." She looks optimistic and almost hopeful as she asks to Bladicorn. "So, do we have a deal? Bring my water to a new lake and I call my friend that surely knows what happened to your villagers."

She turns her gaze to Entero. "I don't know where the doll was, I told my story. I saw a doll lying around, took in hopes somepony would keep searching for during the night allowing me to.. you know... hunt. But no one came during the night, just groups during the day. At some point I got bored of the doll and tossed it there." She points to the forest, from her position right of the path that lead to you lake. (It would be left if you came from the village.) "Some pony collected it thereafter. I am not even sure how the ghost kids fit into my story."

Cailpeach also adds a point to the argument of Bladicorn. "Fighting is indeed pointless for you guys, I'm as good as immortal. Only way to kill me is the pollute this lake, but that would also kill a large part of this forest, if not the entire forest. And makes sure the villagers can never fish here again." She giggles ominously, as if she doesn't care if she dies when that much damage would be done to the world.

The spot Cailpeach pointed at looks like any other part of the forest. Trees, undergrowth, nothing special. If she tossed the doll from the lake she must have had a good throwing arm, as the distance is at least 150 feet. She might been closer, but you still don't think she could have thrown something like a doll deep into the forest.

Perception checks if you want to search that part of the forest. The talking with Cailpeach would have taken somewhere of like 15-30 minutes, let's say for easiness sake that after the search the hour has passed for Windchaser.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-13, 02:22 AM
Sense Motive on everything Cailpeach just said. Windchaser is almost certain that A) moving some of the water will spread Cailpeach's progeny or something, B) she knows more about the doll than she's saying, and C) she's lying about the immortality/pollution thing.
[roll0]

Agh! Not the worst time to roll a 1 but that's still really annoying.

Yanisa
2015-06-13, 06:58 AM
A)She is obvious hiding something, she is clearly avoiding explaining what the effects are. But what exactly you wouldn't have a clue.

B)About the doll she seems honest, in fact she seems to repress annoyance with repeating herself.

C)You have no clue how these creatures exactly work so she could just be telling the truth. The intriguing part is why an immortal creature needs to feed at all.

Snowbluff
2015-06-13, 07:08 AM
"But that's not the favor I would ask of you. I doubt your friends would allow that, even if they only feed me the most vilest of villains. I rather ask something more personal and close." Cailpeach winks at Bladicorn. "Take a small keg and fill with water of this lake. Make sure it's at least a gallon and find another cozy lake, the larger the better, and add my water to that lake. And before your friends ask, it wouldn't allow me to travel away from here, I am stuck here." She looks optimistic and almost hopeful as she asks to Bladicorn. "So, do we have a deal? Bring my water to a new lake and I call my friend that surely knows what happened to your villagers."

I close my eyes and cross my forelegs, pretending to think about it. "That's sounds doable." I nod in agreement. Well, it's certainly a small price to pay for joining a new network. Networking is very important if you want to get anywhere in life. Sure, moving around that much water at all times is a bit of a chore, but I'm strong enough to do it. If she's not lying about it letting her move around, it probably would let her communicate over long distances.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-13, 12:04 PM
"Hmph." Windchaser refuses to be anyone's stooge, and is surprised that Mindy seems completely willing to be used like that. But he's not going to say anything to Cailpeach, and doesn't see much reason to bring it up with the unicorn either - it's not breaking any laws to move some water around, and it hasn't been proven to have negative effects yet.

PsyBomb
2015-06-13, 01:27 PM
Entero begins to look around the area, going back over the conversation with Callipeach looking for clues to what her game was. He agreed, though, they should have stopped dealing with the cannibal some time ago.

[roll1]
Assuming Magic-Psionics transparency, he's also searching his brain for anything he might know about Callipeach's kind and the probable effects of what she used. He wants to be ready, just in case.
[roll=Know(Psi)]1d20+6
[roll3]

Snowbluff
2015-06-13, 01:53 PM
I lie down. So maybe Entero wasn't interested in fighting, or I called his bluff. Either way, we won't be fighting. That's a good sign. We wouldn't be getting anywhere. "If you're not interested in attacking, sit down, relax, and take your load off. I'm busy trying to gather more information." I smile, trying to calm the earth pony. "Cailpeach, I'm not carrying a container large enough with me. A proper unicorn keeps her word, but I'm afraid I can't get your help unless you trust me." I sigh. It is a tricky conundrum. "You see, the easiest way to get a barrel would be to find one in the town, but I can't get there without you fulfilling your end of the bargain first. I know this is a terrible way to conduct business, being in a stanger's debt, but I don't have any other option." It is troubling indeed. I would hate to break my first promise made out of prison, or any for that matter, so trickery is not an option her.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-13, 01:56 PM
Windchaser chimes in again.

"You don't have a way into town. But I do, and I'm willing to share. Without any suspicious requests."

Snowbluff
2015-06-13, 02:01 PM
Windchaser has certainly taken a safe distance. I speak up slightly to him. "Excellent. If that's the case, could you fetch me a barrel? Of course, that it's if your cautious leader, Mr. Entero has faith in your ability to keep yourself safe. I'd hate for you to be injured on my account."

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-13, 02:29 PM
"I don't see any reason to help the water-pony, nor do I see any reason for you to be associating with her. The only thing she has to offer us is a way into the city, and I will soon have rendered that particular bargaining chip irrelevant. If you still want a barrel when we get inside, I won't stop you from taking one with you.

And for the record, Entero's not the leader of our group. He's still my superior, but the one in charge is the phoenix wolf."

Snowbluff
2015-06-13, 02:48 PM
I change the subject. I think a tunnel is the preferable method. It's less noticeable. Besides, I'm very curious about whom her contact is. Of course, that's the least pressing concern. "The wolf is in charge? Why would that be, exactly?" I raise an eyebrow.

Yanisa
2015-06-13, 03:12 PM
Cailpeach smiles with a devilish grin. "So it's a deal, but likewise I have the same problem, I cannot instantly honor our agreement. To summon my friend I need dive down in the lake and get something. While I am down I could look for something to carry water, there is a lot of junk down there. Stuff from the Ancientfolk. Give a minute or three." She turns around and dives into the water.

True to her word she returns three minutes later and lies down a large Clay Jug in front of Bladicorn. The jug is detailed with various symbols and such and seems old. It is a wonder the thing isn't cracked or broken. Cailpeach plugs the jug with a stopper and smiles. "It's kinda old and gross, but it does its job. As for my part of the deal." She stretches out one of her hoofs and you can make a small silver bracelet on it. It's has a heart shaped charm hanging on it and three rings indicating it once had more charms. "I must warn you, my friend is a creature of this place, but his soul is forged elsewhere." She touches the heart-charm with her other hoof. "Hey Shadow Knight, you still own me a favor." A moment passes without anything happening, Cailpeach sighs. "Hey Shadow Knight, don't be a jerk today"

Suddenly a creature appears next to Cailpeach. It is one of those shadow ponies like you encountered before, but this one seems to have a bit more detail. You can vaguely make out that he wears some kind of heavy barding and the form is head is completely determined by his helmet. A horn is poking out, proving this is, or was, an unicorn. On his armor, on the place where you expect a mark of destiny, you can make the symbol of Sun Queen. He looks startled and then gets angry. "Cailpeach! Did you have to summon me in the middle of the sun! You know that ruins me!" Cailpeach response with laugher. "Hehe, irony." Suddenly the shadow pony notices the rest of the group. "Ah, the guests." He bows polity to the group. "Your guests need your help, so I call in a favor." Shadow Knight, as he was called, turns and looks at Cailpeach with a frown, then turns back to the group. "I am so sorry you had to deal her." "Heh, like my existence is your fault." "Your continued existence is. Likewise mine existence is your fault." Cailpeach rolls her eyes. "Yeah, I would blame your goddess, fancy pants, but I think my new friend and her companions need your help. Not us bickering." Cailpeach walks a couple of dozen feet away and lies down again.

The shadow knight sighs and turns to the group again. "Again, I am sorry. I hope she doesn't tried to attack you, or control you, or make deals with you. She is a horrible creature that only spouts lies and dead. If there is anything I can help with, my honor demands me to make this up to you."

You spend a some time searching trough the forest. You see a couple of unique plants and flowers, a weird red black striped insect and a rather large spider but still small enough to squish. But nothing indicating a doll or hoof-prints.

You haven't seen Cailpeach use any of her powers, but you assume she isn't a creature of pure magic or pure psionics. You do have the feeling that she probably has some sort of controlling power, because no pony would willing follow someone to their dead.
That bracelet she used, that is magic item though.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-13, 03:20 PM
"Sorry to disappoint, but this unicorn's already got a little deal with your aquatic companion. Mindy here will move a gallon of water from this lake to another, and in exchange Cailpeach summoned you. It's clearly a terrible idea, and we don't need your help getting into the city anyways, but Mindy seems convinced that it's better than just going over the wall for some reason."

Snowbluff
2015-06-13, 03:24 PM
I recoil at the jug slightly. That has been sitting in the lake this whole time? It looks like it more than just water. Still, if it's a trap, I'd better make sure to fall for it. It's far too interesting to be left alone. I examine

Relevant roll to examine jug (knowledge? Spellcraft?): [roll0]

Hmm... I could say that Cailpeach has only been a pleasure to speak to, but I don't want this shadow pony to think that he doesn't have to help. I really should have tried communicating with the other ones before I attacked them. "Oh, indeed, sir. I am Mindy. I need a way into yonder walled city. I was wondering if you could help in locating a tunnel?"

I've made a deal, I might as well reap the rewards. Of course, if the Goddess mentioned is the Night Mare, I do t know where I stand.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-13, 03:44 PM
Geez, this Mindy unicorn is bad at listening.

"You clearly don't understand what I've been saying. I can get you into the city, no shady dealings necessary. I've been working on our way over the wall for an hour, and I'm finishing it right—"

He pauses, closes his eyes, and concentrates for a brief moment. The patterns on his front hooves glow bright, spread farther down his legs, shift themselves into a more rigid, orderly pattern, and return to their normal faint silver color.

"—Now."

He stands.

"Taking the underwater tunnel doesn't guarantee us a way back out of the city. These, on the other hand, do."

He points one hoof at the ground near Mindy and the Shadow Knight, and a strand of silvery-white material shoots from his hoof and anchors itself on the ground. Only a moment later, Windchaser launches towards the pair of unicorns, retracting the tendril as he goes, until he is standing over the point where the rope was anchored.

"Of course, I can't force you to follow me over the wall, and my commanding officers will probably object to you coming along, but you've proven yourself to be competent and we have a common goal of getting to the asylum. The decision to enter the city with me or to go in alone is yours to make."

That Mindy is bad at listening is Windchaser's observation, not mine.

Lashing Spinnerets are now bound, and I reallocate essence: three in Lashing Spinnerets and Sentinel's Helm, two in Stalker's Tabi.

@Yanisa: I hope you don't mind my finishing up the binding process now. You were a bit ambiguous regarding exactly when I would be done with it.

PsyBomb
2015-06-13, 06:55 PM
Entero grins. He'd heard a bit about the Akashic scouts, but never had the privilege of working with one. "No offense meant to you, but I think being able to take a direct route over the walls is better than a tunnel whose end point is known. Windchaser, how quickly can you prepare a way over for those of us who are... mediocre at climbing, shall we say?"

"Seriously, though, I'll need at least a minute. Something is fishy here, and not just her Mark of Destiny. Especially that bracelet, need the time to conduct a thorough scan. Flamestrike, can you keep them talking for a bit?"

Manifesting Detect Psionics, using a Focus to suppress signs. I'll roll Spellcrafts as requested, but going to start with the bracelet
[roll0]

Snowbluff
2015-06-13, 07:17 PM
I look up for a moment at Windchaser, but the go back to look at the jar. I think I'm going to sniff it. "That's all well and good, but I'd like to see this through. It's an experiment. Besides, if I know what I think, this good sir," I gesture at the shadow pony, "is good for his word." That is, if he worships the axiomatic Night Mare or Sun Queen. "I could stand to learn something." I sniff the jar.

"Isn't that right, sir?" A give a warm smile.

Diplomacy on the shadow pony: [roll0]

Oh, I'm off track, aren't I? Well I can't look like I'm in a rush. I don't want them to think I have actual business in the city. It could give away my identity.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-13, 08:35 PM
I've spent the last hour meditating, and I've already announced that I've finished my preparations - no point in lying about it.

"I'll be ready whenever the Colonel is, Sergeant. Has the doll been found?"

PsyBomb
2015-06-13, 09:38 PM
"It has not, yet. As far as I can tell, it's not in this area. Someone may have moved it since Callipeach used it for bait"

Snowbluff
2015-06-13, 11:09 PM
"For the record, her name is Cailpeach." The tip the jug slightly with my hoof, staring at it intently. "Also, you follow that wolf simply because he's in a better pay grade? He seems grossly incompetent. After all, the most dangerous thing you can hear in the army is an officer saying 'I was just thinking.'" The punchline is because they don't think. In the Night Mare's army, people were promoted into leadership based on merit and accomplishments. It's one of the reasons why the queen's armor lost so many battles. When you have an untested army lead by people who were differentiated by a label and nothing more, you'll run into a lack of experience problem.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-14, 02:04 AM
"First impressions can be deceiving." Windchaser turns away, leaving Mindy to deal with the Shadow Knight on her own.

"Why do we continue to linger here? We're here to investigate Ever Rain, not waste our time listening to a pompous unicorn who thinks she can do our job better than us. I have our way over the wall, so there's no need to wait any longer."

Yanisa
2015-06-14, 02:44 AM
Another frown appears on Shadow Face and he turns to Cailpeach again. "Why are you making them carry water around?" "Well I needed summer vacation house." "Why do you always have to lie?" He turns to Mindy. "You have made a dangerous deal and I have no clue what her plans are. The fact she actually honored her part of the deal is almost magical. Her words are less worth then dirt. As for getting in the city, I could help." He gets interrupted by Windchaser's webslinging. "That could also work. Seems safer then the ruins that litter underground. But if you don't meet me I am going to kill Cailpeach again. Teaches her to summon me in sunlight." He sounds rather hateful and filled with anger. Cailpeach doesn't seem to respond and yawns lazily again.

The bracelet Cailpeach carries shows up as magical item with a strong aura.
OOC: If you want to roll a spellcraft, you need to get very close to Cailpeach and get her to allow you to study her item for 3 rounds. You can roll a knowledge Arcana/Psionics to determine the school.

Also the jug is nonmagical, which you might notice too.

OOC: I would say that examine the jug requires an Appraise check. I would also allow Craft (Pottery) or Knowledge (History). Not that you have any of those skills, so I am going to with a 12 appraise check for the description.

The jug you examine seems detailed, it seems to be telling a story. It starts with a group of ponies grazing, then a bipedal creature with six arms appears. It seems to be carrying lightning in his hands and throws bolts around. The next picture shows the pony armors and fighting the creature. After that the six-armed died and all the ponies seemed to have gained lightning symbols on their flanks. Then the ponies start to fight among each other. The next picture is the first picture again, ponies grazing. You wonder if the story is meant to be repeating. In any case this amount of detail must mean this is a priceless artifact and any historian would sell their mother to gain this jug.

Snowbluff
2015-06-14, 08:29 AM
"At the very least, I would like a way into the ruins, so that I can investigate them later. Furthermore, do you know anything about what's going on with the city? I understand that it's people are under some distress." I float the jar into my bag after making sure it's properly closed. I always had a way into the city, but the ruins sound like something worth looking at. As for Cailpeach, I can't help but smile. A little bit of diplomacy can go a long way. "I'd also like to get my hand on Cailpeach's bracelet, or something similiar. It seems like a handy tool for gathering information, and I'd like to get to know you better, too. Then I can be on my way." If it's the source of the creatures from before, maybe I can get Cailpeach to stop harassing the filly ghost. Neither of them look like they would get along, anyway.

Sjlver
2015-06-14, 01:55 PM
Ultrapony looks upon the rest with cold, calculating eyes, contemplating the situation. "We should be heading out soon. These people... I don't trust them. They are a capricious people. We can't take them at their word." He shoots a glance at Callipeach before returning to the rest of the party.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-14, 02:19 PM
"These ruins that the Shadow Knight has mentioned may be important. While we're in the city we should keep an eye open for anything or anyone that mentions them."

Yanisa
2015-06-15, 09:54 AM
"The easiest way in the ruins is a west of the city, a small walk from the wall. Believe me, it is hard to miss these days, somepony marked it. As for city, I have no clue. I was investigating but somepony called me away." He stares at Cailpeach.
"This bracelet? All it does is call sir over there. It's a great way to toy with him. If you want it you can try to pry it from my cold dead..." Her gaze meets the Shadow Knight and in one fluid motion she takes off the bracelets and tosses it far in the lake. "Oops my hooves slipped." She explains, with the kind of innocent smile no one would buy.

The group decided to leave to two to their bickering, with a plan to get in the city these two couldn't offer any more information. Honeydust follows quietly, but she seems to be relieved to leave the lake. As you journey back the sun climbs higher and by the time you reach the wall the sun is it it's highest point, something Honeydust dislikes. She sticks the shadows of the trees, which are rather short now, a good few feet away from the wall.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-15, 10:00 AM
"We ain't goin' nowhere fast, boys. We got ourselves a job to do inside these here walls. I say we get over them and see if we can't snag the doll on the inside. Didn't find it in the forest."

"Hey, Pup. You able to go into the city?" Flamestrike says, holding back a frustrated growl. "Sparkles, next time we catch a murderer red handed, I expect you not to be makin' deals with em." He says, with a hint of contempt in his voice.

Sorry, all. I had a busy weekend.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-15, 10:52 AM
"Colonel, the quill and inks please? It would be wise for us to report to our superiors before entering the city."

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-15, 10:58 AM
"Gladly, son." Flamestrike rummages around in his pack and pulls out the requested items as well as his small dragon statue, which he also hands to Windchaser. "Yer pawnmenshi- er... hoofmenship is probably better'n mine anyways. You make sure to give our fair lady a full report on the happenings 'round here."
"I do mean a full report, Flyboy."

Snowbluff
2015-06-15, 11:23 AM
"I didn't think fighting them would have gotten anything done." I state, in a matter of fact tone. To be fair, I might have gotten that bracelet, but I can probably coerce Cailpeach to give it to me next time we meet.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-15, 11:36 AM
"Thank you, sir."

He records his message, feeds it to the dragon, and returns the various implements to Flamestrike.

-- FIELD REPORT --

Initial survey of the area surrounding Ever Rain is completed; this message is being written immediately prior to the designated investigation team's entry into the city itself.

Camp of previous designated investigation team found deserted sometime between one and three weeks prior to our arrival. There is currently a small group of Seekers camped in a nearby location; they are non-hostile but have intentions of entering the city. After our meeting with them they mentioned a network of ruins and tunnels as a potential means into the city, and we set out to find an entrance to said tunnels.

At the same time as our encounter with the Seekers, we met with a unicorn who shares our goal of entering the city; specifically, she seems to have business within the asylum. She has told us her name is Mindy; her mark is an eye enclosed in a triangle, with a sword crossed over the whole of the design. Her full intentions are unknown but she has proved herself competent and non-hostile despite her abrasive attitude so we have allowed her to accompany us, at least to this point. She apparently lived in the city for quite some time, so her knowledge of the town's former conditions may be useful.

There is some form of supernatural influence outside the city; our commanding officer, Cpl. Flamestrike, was magically or psychically compelled into an ambush by a number of shadowy ponies, possibly undead of some sort. No injuries were sustained among the team in the ensuing fight, and the malevolent entities were destroyed. Shortly after, we encountered a non-hostile ghost of a young pony, who has since followed us at our commander's prompting. He has decided that the ghost-filly, who Mindy has told us is named Honeydust, may be able to provide us with useful information regarding the town of Ever Rain.

The lake north of the town is also home to a hostile presence, a supernatural aquatic entity of unidentified sort who refers to herself as Cailpeach. By her own admission, she lured the members of the first investigation team into the lake and drowned them there. She claims immortality and it was decided that we lacked sufficient resources to neutralize her; a spirit binding of some sort may be necessary for that task. Whatever is done to deal with her presence, water from her lake MUST be prevented from entering other bodies of water; she was very keen on convincing one of us to carry out that task for her, and clearly has nefarious intentions.

Cailpeach also possesses an item capable of summoning a non-hostile shadow pony referred to as the "Shadow Knight". He offered aid to us (specifically, a way through the ruins under the city) but upon learning we had found a means over the wall he did not have anything else to offer.

We now prepare to enter the city. A subsequent report will be transmitted upon the discovery or investigation of any particularly notable persons, locations, or occurrences. Hopefully this message finds the Queen in good health and sound mind.

Signed,
Sgt. Windchaser

-- END FIELD REPORT --
"Now, about this wall..."

He explains in detail how he can get the group over the wall.

I'm explaining this out-of-character so it's clear what's going on.
1. Windchaser uses Akashic Army to share Lashing Spinnerets with the group.
2. Anchor a rope 20 feet up the wall (swift action) and wait until the next round.
3. Use Lashing Spinnerets to move yourself 40 feet up the wall (move action).
4. Create another rope, 20 feet above your current position (swift action; resolves before you would fall back down after flinging yourself upwards).
5. Repeat 3 and 4 until you can get over the wall, then anchor to the top of the other side of the wall.
6. Anchor a rope as far down the wall as you can (swift action).
7. Swing down to the lowest point the rope can reach (move action). This isn't falling, so if you land on the ground you won't take fall damage.
8. Repeat 6 and 7 until you're on the ground.
He also mentions that he can't share his abilities with all four of you at once, so Flamestrike and Entero will go over first, followed by Ultrapony and Mindy.

"I just need to make sure the coast is clear on the other side, and then we can begin." He places a hoof on the wall and gazes intently at the stone.

I'm using one round of the Gloves of Reconnaissance to see what's on the other side of the wall, specifically looking for living creatures, unusual structures, and environmental hazards. Perception is a take 10 for a result of 29.
"Oh, and one more thing." He turns to face Mindy. "My powers don't just latch on to anyone I tell them to. You'll need to trust me for this to work."

That means considering Windchaser an ally.

Snowbluff
2015-06-15, 12:13 PM
Interesting. There is a good chance I fall to my death. "Do you know the parable of the scorpion and the frog?"

Either way, I acquiesce. I have my own ways around this way, but I'd rather not show my hand.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-15, 12:56 PM
"Well done, Staff Sergeant. That's some might fine stategerizin' if I do say so myself." Flamestrike looks honestly impressed. Entero and Windchaser had their fancy means of accomplishing everything and Ultrapony was a walkin' talkin' modern marvel. It made Flamestrike feel a little old fashioned, but he was just happy to have his cutlass and armor. No sense fixing what ain't broke. "You sure these strings'a yers will support my weight? I ain't no spring filly."
That was a pretty great field report 'Chovy. Color me impressed!

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-15, 01:15 PM
"Don't worry, Mindy, the only danger here is in hanging from only one rope for too long - they have a habit of disappearing after a short while. So you'll need to be careful, but not of me. I assure you, I'm no scorpion."

Upon hearing what Flamestrike has to say, he turns to the phoenix wolf and flashes a grin.

"Why thank you, corporal. And there's no need to be concerned about being heavier than me, sir. The way these things work, it'll adapt itself to your form and energies, so it will hold your weight for sure."

This thread's (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2of5d?How-much-weight-can-a-rope-support) got a lot of different numbers regarding the working load of rope, but pretty much all of them come out to "a lot more than you weigh".
He turns again, this time to the ghost filly.

"Do you think you can follow us into the city, Honeydust? Is your dolly maybe in there?"

"You should probably start calling her Honeydust, sir. Using the name she had in life seems to have a positive effect on her."

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-15, 01:22 PM
"I'm a colonel, son." Flamestrike chuckles, he was a little too impressed to be bothered by a mistake in ranks.
"Rodger that, Flyboy."
"Why don't we get movin'? So long as Pu- Honeydust - is ready to go."

Snowbluff
2015-06-15, 02:07 PM
Well, I'm not the only one who should be worried.

Indeed, I am the one who called her discovered her name. Even better, the soldier was messing up the officer's rank. It's a cathartic experience.

I struggle my way up the wall, using the prescribed method. I may be a mental giant, philosopher, and fully trained rebellion leader, but I'm not incredibly strong. Holding onto a rope is an uncommon experience for me.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-15, 02:33 PM
"There's a lot of fog on the other side. Try to be careful when you land."

He focuses for a brief moment, and flies up to the top of the wall, hovering over its edge. Once everyone has crossed over the wall, he joins them on the ground.

Reallocate essence: 2 in Akashic Army (sharing Lashing Spinnerets with Entero and Flamestrike), 3 in Sentinel's Helm, 3 in Stalker's Tabi. Fly up to 10 feet above the top of the wall. Once Entero and Flamestrike are over, he shifts essence again: 3 in Akashic Army (sharing Lashing Spinnerets with Ultrapony, Mindy, and Honeydust if necessary), 3 in Sentinel's Helm, 2 in Stalker's Tabi.

PsyBomb
2015-06-15, 08:55 PM
The spinnerets form on Entero's forehoof as Windchaser calls them there. He grins again. "Now I am impressed. Never seen THIS one before, and trust me that's saying something."

Entero calmly walks to the wall and uses the web to ascend the wall. Once he gets to the top, he crouches low in order to avoid as much notice as possible while waiting.

"Alright, I'm up. You can hand off to one of the others while I keep lookout."

Entero makes sure to keep an eye out into the village for threats.

[roll0]
Once he takes up his position, he will use a Focus to activate Detect Psionics. After about a minute of this, unless he finds something, he'll refocus and use it on a Detect Poison.

Snowbluff
2015-06-15, 09:07 PM
I center my chakra, manifesting Detect Hostile Intent once more. That should keep me from being ambushed. Now, I need to go see Fishmonger and find out what he knows.

I examine my surroundings, trying to get my bearings. It's been over a decade since I've been here, but the scent of the air is familiar. I wish I had more time to smell the roses, to bask in this sublime nostalgia that the place of one's birth gives them.

Perception [roll0]

Sjlver
2015-06-15, 09:44 PM
"Something must have went... wrong in your biological evolution, Windchaser. Why would a majestic pegasus develop web slinging abilities. It just... doesn't seem right." Ultrapony turns to look at Mindy. "What are your plans to progress this mission?"

Snowbluff
2015-06-16, 09:32 AM
"Well, I'm going to find someone to talk to." Well, what I mean is that I'm going to find Fishmonger.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-16, 09:40 AM
Once Flamestrike is over the wall, he hunkers down and assumes a defensive posture. "Careful troops, we ain't sure what's beyond the wall."
Flamestrike is entering "Stance of the Defending Shell".

Yanisa
2015-06-16, 09:47 AM
Honeydust stares blankly in front of her for a moment. "Wall, what wall? Owh, that wall." She gets a sad look on her face. "That wasn't there when I was... well, when I... I rather not think about it. But I can walk through it." She seems uneasy with saying those words and as the group climbs over the wall, she suddenly dashes forward and like she said ran through the wall.

The letter slides in the dragon's statue mouth and disappears, on its way to the queen. Like expected there is no response, she never does that.

The climb over the wall is rather easy, especially with Windchasers help, for a quadrupedal creature. The stone wall isn't smooth and offers some ground for hoofs and paws. On top of the wall, which you can stand but not with ease, you get a great look over the mist that shallowed the village. It looks like the lake you saw earlier, with with eerie gray mist rather then water. It seems very unnatural. Especially Bladicorns knows this is wrong, there are buildings higher then 10 feet in the city and of course the asylum was on a hill. The others might not know that, but still know it's rather uncommon to find a village without a single building higher then 10 feet. You can also feel the mist pulling at you, not strong enough to move you, but it almost feels like someone is tugging your clothing gently so you would follow them. It's an eerie invitation into the mist.

As you descends the mist quickly envelops you. It mist feels heavy and is almost solid, blocking most of your sight. On the ground you realize that the mist is also casting everyone is a dull gray tone. Your own colors seem faded and darker. Especially Honeydust is hard too see, her less solid form almost blends naturally with the thick heavy mist. "We are on the main road. To the left and road, about 4 paces, are some of the houses." She explains, understanding that you cannot see through the mist but it seems she can. As she talks about the city she also becomes more solid, making her easier to spot. "My home is further, close to the center of the city. The major house is close, there, he is always looking out on who is going to the lake. Also many of the shops are here too. I don't know where you want to go."

For the sake of easiness, the fog works like a Fog Cloud (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fog-cloud) spell. If you have some sort of wind based ability you can disperse the mist in an area equal to the fog cloud, but it will fill up again in some time.

Honeydusts words are still true, not much has changed. You also remember that the major was rather uneasy allowing people to the lake. Some ponies always wanted to send him to the asylum because he kept seeing monsters in the water.

You detect no hostiles.

Snowbluff
2015-06-16, 09:52 AM
I walk to the nearest street sign to get my bearings, checking it against what I know. Once I know where I am, I'll make my way to Fishmonger's.

Yanisa
2015-06-16, 10:06 AM
A cosy little village like this one doesn't have street signs, or that many streets, you realize that as you ended up by a street lamp. The candle is burning but doesn't pierce the mist.

OOC: Also, something I forgot. Walking trough the mist without a way dealing with the mist (like Honeydusts ability to look trough mist) requires a survival check to avoid becoming lost. That's a DC 15. Taking 10 is possible but only at half speed. You also need to know where you want to go, but things like the center of the village, or walking in a straight line south are valid destinations for those not familiar to the city.

Mindy gets a +2 because she is very familiar with the village.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-16, 10:10 AM
"Stick close to me Honeydust." Flamestrike hates being made vulnerable. He follows Bladicorn, since she has her bearings. "Let me know if we're coming up on danger." He says, to the young filly.
"We follow the unicorn for a while. If'n she doesn't get us anywhere, we get Honeydust to bring us to that there asylum. This place is creepier'n a jack-o-lantern in a gaveyard."

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-16, 10:38 AM
"One moment. I think I can see through this fog a little better if I just—"

He focuses for a moment, then blinks a few times as his eyes refocus.

"There we go."

"Understood. I'll let you know if I spot anything out of the ordinary, since I'm the only one of us who can see more than a few feet in front of our faces."
Reassign essence: 3 in Eyes of the Hawkguard, 3 in Sentinel's Helm, 2 in Stalker's Tabi. Eyes of the Hawkguard does this:

When a character chooses to shape this veil he extends the range of all of his modes of vision (normal, low-light, darkvision, etc.), and the range increment of any ranged weapon he wields by 10 feet.
Essence: For each point of essence invested in this ability, the character’s increase to their field of vision and weapon range expands by an additional 10 feet.
What I think that means is I can see 45 feet through this fog, instead of 5 feet (since under current conditions the range of my normal vision mode is 5 feet). Doesn't negate the concealment effects, but I should be able to make out at least the location, number, and general size of creatures and objects.

Snowbluff
2015-06-16, 12:02 PM
This fog is pretty thick, but I forge ahead to Fishmonger's.

Survival: [roll0]

Well, now I'm lost. That's great. I manifest Touchsight to regain my bearings.

PsyBomb
2015-06-16, 08:52 PM
Entero sticks close to Windchaser, Flamestrike, and Honeydust. He tries to keep his bearings, but knows it isn't likely to succeed. Instead, he keeps concentration on his Detect Poison, hoping that he can catch the presence of danger before it rears up.

as long as the speed doesn't go over 40, he keeps up fine. Scanning for poisons of any kind, and will call halt if he senses any. Will recast and refocus any time he needs to refresh the spell. Just following the others for now.

Yanisa
2015-06-17, 10:40 AM
Bladicorns steps forwards dauntlessy, this is her town after all. The groups follows trusting her instincts as well. After a while though, you note that Honeydust is trying to suppress giggling.

You touch sight hits a fountain in front of you, a small rickety building to your left. A larger building with a tower further left. And a barnyard to your right. You must be at one of the small squares. Or this one is a circle. The building with the tower is where some sort of magic user lives but he really comes outside. The rickety building is an old shack that stopped being used. The barn is where they store some of the hay as food supply.

Also, at the moment you stand still you notice hostile intend, but it quickly moves away outside your range. It came left, from the mage building.

You can see, vaguely, how Mindy zig-zags over the main road, but somehow never bumping against a building. After a rather weird and large loop you end at a round square. A fountain stands in front of you. You notice a small broken down shack to your left, and behind it a larger building and vaguely the form a tower. To the right is a large barnyard.

You are allowed to a roll a perception, even if sight is out you can still hear things, muffled, through the mist.

Snowbluff
2015-06-17, 10:46 AM
"Hush," I say, "There is something out there." It becomes clearer to me more now than ever I that I keep moving. I draw the Perpetual Meditation.

I'll keep moving toward's fish mongers, if the Touchsight helped me get my bearing.
Survival: [roll1]
Nope, still lost

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-17, 10:54 AM
Flamestrike lets out a low rumbling growl to assert himself as a bigger threat. If something is going to get aggressive with him, he'd like it to think twice.

Perception
[roll0]

Intimidate
[roll1]

Sjlver
2015-06-17, 02:06 PM
Ultrapony follows Mindy, scanning the fog as he does. His glowing red eyes cast a menacing light through the fog.

PsyBomb
2015-06-17, 07:57 PM
Entero hears Flamestrike's warning grown and immediately gets into fighting stance, ears up for anything.

[roll0]

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-17, 08:53 PM
Perception:
[roll0]

Yanisa
2015-06-18, 12:13 AM
Guess what, Initiative Time.

Waiting for everyone to roll saves me at least a day. :smalltongue:

Also have a map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K787aeZveuM9I18UA_eCwrWUWj5xcsVXVI2fqGKiy5w/edit?usp=sharing). It's mostly a lot of mist. If you want you can positon yourself between J-K 1-5, Bladicorn is in front already, and alone in the mist.

You hear something trough the thick mist, in front you. It sounds like a lot of muffled ticking noises and clattering.

You can see vague shapes emerging from behind the fountain

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-18, 01:15 AM
Don't these freaking monsters know a warning growl when they hear one?! I'll take J4.
Initiative
[roll0]

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-18, 01:24 AM
"They're coming from behind the fountain. Can't make out how many there are. They may not be hostile; Flamestrike, I'll wait for your order to open fire."

J3 for me. Eyes of the Hawkguard means enemies have to be outside 45 feet to get total concealment, right?

Initiative:
[roll0]

PsyBomb
2015-06-18, 09:11 PM
"Alright, I can't see anything. I'll try to stay close, if you need support call it out.

[roll0]
I'm in spot K3

It is worth noting that, if you need support, you can take a standard action to Request Aid over the Network and I can heal you for upwards of 21 HP immediately.

Snowbluff
2015-06-18, 09:22 PM
Something is approaching. Can I sense it with my touch sight?

Can't I?

[roll0]

Sjlver
2015-06-18, 11:48 PM
Ultrapony scans the surrounding area and notices the raised tension of some of his party members.
[roll0]

Yanisa
2015-06-19, 10:27 AM
The figures at first just stand there, unmoving and not reacting. Suddenly a muffled shout pierces the mist. "Intruders! Attack my minions!" followed by something you don't understand. A strange green flash suddenly pierces the mist and hits Windchaser on his shoulder, leaving a burning wad on acid behind on the Pegasus.

Well everyone is nicely grouped together in the initiative. You can all act.

Battle map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K787aeZveuM9I18UA_eCwrWUWj5xcsVXVI2fqGKiy5w)

You can roll some arcana on the incoherent blabber.
OOC: Yeah they can concealement (20%). You also got hit for 12 acid damage.

I also forgot: The figures you spot are hard to see through the mist, but they are medium sized and vaguely pony shaped. They also seem to have wings, but it doesn't seem like feathery wings of your Pegasus kind.
OOC: My bad, I thought touch sight was instant. Yeah you can "see" them.

Your field detect two figures stepping from behind the fountain, presumably they were hidden behind it. They are close by, but didn't detect hostile until after the order was shout. The creatures are medium sized and vaguely pony shaped. They also seem to have wings, but it doesn't seem like feathery wings.

Also the thing that detected hostile before, to the left of you, seems to have returned. And judging from its location its higher then you.

Snowbluff
2015-06-19, 11:49 AM
Oh, someone is directing these beast? I'll have to take them out first.

Blade will move towards voice, close enough to locate it via Touch Sight.

2 PP to Deep Crystal Sword

Then she'll flicker strike, teleporting adjacent to the shouty loudmouth and attacking vs Flatfooted AC.

Attack: [roll0]+12
Crit confirm (on 15-20) [roll1]+12
Damage [roll2]+[roll3]+18
Crit Damage: [roll4]+18

Then teleport back.

PsyBomb
2015-06-20, 11:14 PM
Entero was in a bind. He couldn't see anything to target, but he knew that inaction was ALWAYS worse than action. And so he went for his standby.

"HUDs up!"

Manifesting Battlesense, targets are Entero, Windchaser, and Flamestrike. 2PP augment for second bonus, all gain +2 Circumstance to hit for 7 rounds.
Suppressing display, DC 18: [roll0]

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-20, 11:51 PM
"Thank you, sir. Let's show them that these 'intruders' mean business."
The silvery cylinders around Windchaser's front hooves begin to spin faster, emitting a low hum as he rises into the air.

Reallocate essence: 3 in Hand Cannons, 3 in Chakra Targeting, 2 in Eyes of the Hawkguard. 5-foot step up and forwards. Full attack the ? in M-10, switching targets to H-10 if the first one drops. I am 5 feet off the ground in K-5 (that puts me directly above Bladicorn), I am close enough to both ?s to gain Point Blank Shot/Chakra Targeting bonuses, and my vision range is 35 feet.

When I roll d% for miss chances, a result greater than the miss chance is a success (i.e. I pierce the concealment on 21-100 and auto-miss on 1-20).

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Crit Confirmation 1: [roll2]
Crit Damage 1: [roll3]
Miss Chance 1: [roll4]

Attack 2: [roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6]
Crit Confirmation 2: [roll7]
Crit Damage 2: [roll8]
Miss Chance 2: [roll9]

Attack 3: [roll10]
Damage 3: [roll11]
Crit Confirmation 3: [roll12]
Crit Damage 3: [roll13]
Miss Chance 3: [roll14]

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-22, 09:20 AM
"I can't see nothin'. Imma need someone to point me in the right direction."
"Honeydust, can you see whose hootin' an' hollerin'?" Flamestrike says under his breath, his gaze shifting back and forth. "Grrr. Confound this darn mist." He growls a little and then releases a deep howl.
Note: Flamestrike has "Stance of the Defending Shell" active.

Flamestrike can't see anything, so he will enter total defense for a grand total of 32 AC.

Yanisa
2015-06-22, 12:00 PM
"The mist, it is meant for the living." Honeydust sounds like she is quivering while saying that. "But yeah, I can see them. They look sick and wounded... or unnatural? Red glowing eyes! Two of them, next the fountain in front of us." Her hints are scrambled as she tries to hastily tell as much information in as little time.

Because the mist doesn't impose speech penalties and does allow sight within 5 feet, you can follow Honeydust's instruction. Up to the fountain and then follow it to encounter the creatures. (For sake of easiness you know which one is targeted by Windchaser)

Yanisa
2015-06-23, 09:48 AM
Bladicorn moves closer and within the blink of a eye she teleport, hits the one that is in command and teleports back, leaving the cloaked figure with some nasty wounds. In returns he screams a lot of obscenities to Bladicorn, and between those words he finds the breath to utter mystic words. A fiery beam shoots from his hoof, aiming for Bladicorns head, but she quickly using her training to teleport away and all he ends up doing is hitting a mirror image. He then retreats inside, cursing and screaming even more.

Windchaser on the other moves and shoots, destroying his target, all you hear in the mist is sound of his attacks and the clatter of something falling on the ground as the figure collapse. The other figure stretches out his wings and gallops towards Windchaser, with his jaw opened he bites down in Windchaser neck with pinpoint accuracy.

Flamestrike and Ultrapony don't see a thing trough the thick mist and decide to wait until they can do something.

"He's attacking your friend! He is really close, like a few steps to your... erm... diagonally left!" Honeydust exclaims loudly.

Windchaser gets 3 whole melee damage. Bladicorn neatly dodges another blow. No 15 fire damage here.

Battle map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K787aeZveuM9I18UA_eCwrWUWj5xcsVXVI2fqGKiy5w/edit#gid=0)

Edit: Retroactively added Bladicorns Penumbra Alteration

PsyBomb
2015-06-23, 07:09 PM
Entero hesitates... for almost half a second. He charges forward to Windchaser's side, calling dark energies to his right forehoof. He more clearly sees the pegasus and the mysterious figure, and attempts to rectify both problems.

Move 10 feet south and attacking the enemy with Steal health. Can't Charge or Ranged attack due to visibility.
[roll0]
[roll1] Miss on a 1-20
If this hits, 12 damage and Windchaser heals for 12 (assuming it has a Con score)

Snowbluff
2015-06-23, 07:24 PM
I wince sympathetically for my image. That looked like it would have hurt.

Unfortunately, I need more essence to continue my assault, so I run quickly to the nearest enemy on the ground, claim it, and them return to continue my assault.

Move to the nearby enemy (claimed for 1 round as a swift action to recover Flicker Strike), then head east again.

Flicker Strike, targeting Loudmouth, attacking Flat Footed. Teleporting to him and back.

Attack +12
Damage [roll1] + [roll2] + 18
Crit (on 15-20) [roll3]+12
Crit Damage [roll2d4+18

Duplicate duration: [roll4]-1 rounds.

Sjlver
2015-06-27, 04:14 AM
Ultrapony stares at the rest of the party, pondering what might be causing them to be acting so strangely.

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-27, 02:15 PM
Windchaser hops back a short distance and launches another volley of projectiles from his forelimbs.
5-foot step to L-4, full attack the ?. I don't like having to give up more vision but I'm injured enough that I can't afford to provoke.

After the full attack he reallocates essence: 3 in Hand Cannons, 3 in Eyes of the Hawkguard (45 ft vision range), 2 in Chakra Targeting.

Again, I miss on a 1-20.

Attack 1:
[roll0]
Damage 1:
[roll1]
Crit Confirmation 1:
[roll2]
Crit Damage 1:
[roll3]
Miss Chance 1:
[roll4]

Attack 2:
[roll5]
Damage 2:
[roll6]
Crit Confirmation 2:
[roll7]
Crit Damage 2:
[roll8]
Miss Chance 2:
[roll9]

Attack 3:
[roll10]
Damage 3:
[roll11]
Crit Confirmation 3:
[roll12]
Crit Damage 3:
[roll13]
Miss Chance 3:
[roll14]

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-28, 02:58 AM
Flamestrike roars and sprints towards the opponent Honeydust indicated. "Sniveling fools!" He thunders, his fighting flame reignited.

Flamestrike will move to K6 at attack the unit in L6 alongside Windchaser.

Remember: Flamestrike has Stance of the Defending Shell active.

Attack One
[roll0]
Damage
[roll2]
Critical Damage
[roll3]

Attack Two
[roll4]
Damage
[roll6]
Critical Damage
[roll7]

Yanisa
2015-06-29, 12:53 PM
With combined effort the second creature is stricken down and the sound of something cluttering on the ground is heard again. Flamestrike can see that the create was nothing more then bones, wrapped around in leather or skin. The final blow made the creature crumble in a pile of bones.

However the commander is still out there in the house, and Mindy is running around the house, seemingly searching for something.

You expect an attack from the leader, but nothing happens, it remains eerily quiet.

Updated Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K787aeZveuM9I18UA_eCwrWUWj5xcsVXVI2fqGKiy5w/edit#gid=0). Not a lot happening.

Also here is a look at the building the leader is hiding out

http://i60.tinypic.com/23qylbm.jpg

You run around the house, scouting for the screaming jerk. You find him in small hallway at the other side of the building. Flanked by two of his "buddies". The leader himself is slumped against the wall, seemingly heavily wounded from your last attack.

You also feel some of the objects inside, furniture, tables, chairs. The most notable thing is that many rooms have the ground littered with books. There is also a small closet you cannot scan, it heaving no windows. The tower also lacks window and remains a mystery.
In short, A1 - Living Room, A2 - Indoor Garden, B1 - study, B2- Small hallway, B4 - Bedroom.

Have a building map:
http://i57.tinypic.com/14oabd1.jpg

Snowbluff
2015-06-29, 01:10 PM
Surrounded by guards? This could be risky, but another assault is possible.

Flicker Strike?
Teleporting directly over the guy.

Attack: [roll0] +12 versus flat footed
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]+18

Cirt Attack: [roll3] +12
Crit damage [roll4]+18

Yanisa
2015-06-30, 09:16 AM
With the second strike, the leader dies unceremoniously.

The two bodyguards stop detecting hostile the moment mister screamypants dies.

Snowbluff
2015-06-30, 12:12 PM
I relax my muscles and breath a sigh of relief. "It's okay, everyone. I don't think they'll fight anymore."

I jump onto the building, and push open the window. "Hello, I am Mindy. Is everyone all right?" I smile.

[roll0]

Extra Anchovies
2015-06-30, 12:41 PM
"I'll head inside. If we need help I'll alert the rest of you."
After closing his eyes and focusing for a moment, Windchaser aims a hoof at the open window and anchors a cable inside. He gives it a short tug to ensure that it is secure, and then launches himself through.

Standard action to reallocate essence: 3 in Lashing Spinnerets (max cable distance 50 ft, and I get the spider climb effect), 2 in Eyes of the Hawkguard (vision range 35 feet through the fog), 3 in Sentinel's Helm.

Swift action to anchor a cable on the ceiling of the room with the open window.

Move action to use the Spinnerets to move through the window and position myself... hm. Let's say in the doorway leading out of the room with the window.
Once through, he places himself in an obviously nonthreatening posture, but waits for those inside to respond to Mindy before speaking up.

LoyalPaladin
2015-06-30, 12:47 PM
Flamestrike nods his head and walks back to Honeydust.
"You be careful, son."

PsyBomb
2015-06-30, 12:51 PM
Entero reaches up to tap Windchaser on the hoof, channeling his power to absorb some of his ills. He grunted a bit, the pegasus had taken much more harm than he'd been accounting for and the absorption process was never pleasant. Bladicorn still worried him, but darned if she wasn't being useful.

Entero uses Transfer Wounds on Windchaser. Amount rolled is taken as Nonlethal by Entero, and is healed to Windchaser. Need to keep track of time by Hours, now.
[roll0]

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-01, 01:30 PM
Anyone who's paying attention sees Windchaser pound a hoof in the air as his wounds stitch themselves closed.

"Oh-hoh yeah! I feel GREAT!

I mean, uh, thank you for the healing, sir."

He clearly doesn't have much prior experience with psionic healers.

Yanisa
2015-07-02, 09:00 AM
Windchaser slings into the room from where the group was attacked. The room itself isn't filled with mist, but mist is slowly getting in through the open window. You can clearly see this room is a study, with a nice table, comfortable sitting chairs and various bookshelves. However the shelves are almost empty and the ground is instead littered with books. Many are open, some are torn, others trampled. In the corner you can see a door leading further inside the building, and you can hear the voice of Mindy talking to someone.

Bladicorns jumps in through the another window and almost bumps into one of the creatures. The hallway is free of mist, although it's creeping in, following Bladicorn. Besides a few candle-holders (no candles) and the creatures, the hallway is empty. The creatures are strange beings, although they look like ponies, they seem very off. Their skin is all patched up and scarred, consisting out of different areas with different sickly colors which seems to be stitched together. From putrid green to ash gray and from bleached yellow to almost rotted black. They have large leathery wings, but they don't seem like batwings, which some ponies have, more like Pegasus wings made of skin instead of feathers. You can also see their bones right trough their skin. They don't react to Bladicorn's words and just stare at here with large soulless eyes, that never blink.
She also spots the corpse of the leader, who is still slumped against the wall. His cloak still hides most of his body, but his face is revealed, showing a goat-like face. This must have been a Cloven.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-02, 12:02 PM
"Euch. I think they're undead of some sort, not much reason to talk to them."

Sense Motive to determine if they actually aren't hearing what we're saying or are just pretending not to.

[roll0]

ETA: Take 10 off that result. Mistyped +29 instead of +19. Apologies.

Yanisa
2015-07-02, 12:25 PM
For undead they are quite docile, but they are indeed mindless.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-02, 12:53 PM
"Hm. What do you think we should do with these things? I'm all for tearing them apart, preferably without actually touching them, but one of my commanding officers may want to take a look at them first."

"All quiet up here, just some brainless zombie-things that stopped moving when Mindy cut down Mr. Scream. If any of you want to come up and have a look, let me know. If not, Mindy and I can dispatch of them."

Snowbluff
2015-07-02, 01:10 PM
"There's no point in destroying them. It seems that our leads end here. We should keep moving." It's disheartening that I wasn't here to save them.

LoyalPaladin
2015-07-02, 01:52 PM
"Good on you, Flyboy. Imma send Entero up to check em out 'for you take em out. I'm not much for the undead, only got experience killin' em."
Flamestrike looks over at Honeydust. "Young lady, you mind escortin' an old wolf over to that there door? I've got interest in guardin' it."

PsyBomb
2015-07-03, 03:38 PM
Entero focuses a second...

"Got it. Windchaser, mind sharing the spider web again? It'll be quicker"

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-03, 04:04 PM
"Not a problem, sir. We'd probably be faster on hoof, but being able to move in three dimensions is always useful."
Reallocate Essence: 3 points in Eyes of the Hawkguard (45 ft vision range), 2 in Sentinel's Helm, 3 in Akashic Army (sharing Lashing Spinnerets, Stealth Synergy, and Enfilading Fire with Ultrapony, Entero, and Flamestrike).

In addition to their primary use for vertical mobility, the Spinnerets can be used to move along flat surfaces - swift action to anchor a rope ahead of you, move action to bring yourself forwards 40 feet, then let go of the rope and move normally with another move action.

However, I don't think we can anchor in spaces that we can't see, and Mindy, Honeydust, and I are the only ones who can pierce the fog. Also, you all get +5 ft enhancement bonus to your movement speed as an always-on passive effect of Akashic Army, so walking might be faster to begin with.

Snowbluff
2015-07-03, 11:51 PM
I take a quick look around, focusing on the goat and his minion. I don't think they'll be much use. This group should keep moving.

After I'm done, I'll hop down and keep moving.

Search: [roll0]

Survival [roll1]
Heading towards fishmonger's place.
EDIT: I call BS. This is the third 14 I rolled in a row for survival, I think. Dice roller is busted. :smalltongue:

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-04, 12:22 AM
Unless Entero has some objection to it, Windchaser will destroy the remaining undead and follow Mindy into the city. She's our only lead at this point, so it's stick with her or wander aimlessly.

Yanisa
2015-07-04, 02:19 AM
Honeydust leads the rest of the group to the front door. "The old man never liked visitors. He always shook his hoof and shouted 'get of my lawn'" She does her best to sound like a old man, but her voice is too high pitched. "Wonder why are now hostile strangers here." The room behind is the front door seems to be some sort of living room with a small stove tucked away in the corner. It has a larger table, a couple of chairs and almost every inch of wall is filled with planks and book cases. All the shelves are empty and the ground is littered with stuff. Books, cutterly, bords and various assortments of items.

The cloven has a lot of gear with him, it seems he was some sort of spellcaster with burglary as a side job.
A pair of goggles, a wand, a bunch of herbs, masterwork light crossbow with 20 bolts, masterwork short sword, cloak, ring, spellbook, unidentified book (seems in code), spell component pouch, thieves’ tools, symbol amulet, 65 gp.

Snowbluff
2015-07-04, 07:14 AM
I'd better identify these objects to make sure they're not dangerous.

Detect psionics

Spellcrafts:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Yanisa
2015-07-04, 11:39 AM
A pair of goggles -> Fogcutting Lenses (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/lenses-fogcutting)
a wand -> wand of command undead, 6 charges
cloak -> you have no idea
ring -> you have no idea
spell book-> all 0th spells, chill touch (DC 14), hold portal, mage armor, ray of enfeeblement (DC 14), see alignment, vanish, acid arrow, command undead, false life, scorching ray

Oddly the amulet is not magical. It depicts an closed eye with a dagger over it.

Snowbluff
2015-07-04, 06:19 PM
I examine the goggles. Finally, a method to navigate the fog that will not consume my mental energies. I put them on.

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-04, 07:02 PM
Windchaser gathers up the other items and stows them in his pack.
"There's a few things the Cloven had on him that may be of use. I'll hold on to them until we get a chance to properly divide them."

PsyBomb
2015-07-04, 10:56 PM
Entero lashes his way up to the room, and finds Bladicorn already working on examinations. "Looks like there is much to do here, eh? Time to get to work." Briefly, a high-pitched hum is audible, and the items seem to flicker green

Manifesting Detect Psionics, 2-point augment to turn it into Identify.
First, for the zombies: 1d20+3
Then for the 8 items, in order
Goggles: [roll1]
Wand: [roll2]
Herbs: [roll3]
Crossbow/Bolts: [roll4]
Short Sword: [roll5]
Cloak: [roll6]
Ring: [roll7]
Book: [roll8]
Amulet: [roll9]:

Yanisa
2015-07-05, 02:18 AM
First, for the zombies: -> You no no idea what for creatures these are
Goggles: -> Fogcutting Lenses
Wand: -> wand of command undead, 6 charges
Herbs: -> not magic
Crossbow/Bolts: -> Not magic
Short Sword: -> Not magic
Cloak: -> cloak of resistance +1
Ring: -> ring of protection +1
Book -> The coded book is nonmagical); spellbook contains: all 0th spells, chill touch (DC 14), hold portal, mage armor, ray of enfeeblement (DC 14), see alignment, vanish, acid arrow, command undead, false life, scorching ray
Amulet -> Not magic, it despict an closed eye with a dagger over it.

PsyBomb
2015-07-05, 03:36 PM
Entero's eyes widen a bit. He nods to Windchaser

"No clue what the zombies are, they can probably be dispatched without worry. Try not to touch them if you don't have to. Looks like he had a pair of goggles designed to see through this fog, couple of protective items, a wand to command these zombies that was almost on empty, a spellbook, some well-made but nonmagical weapons, herbs of some kind, and a rather curious amulet. There is also another book that is nonmagical, but seems to be encoded. Can't readily decipher it.

I'm also starting to run through my power reserves a hair too quickly. Will be pulling back on it a bit unless something life-threatening pops hot."

Out loud:

"Looks like this guy was ready for business. Windchaser, take out the minions. Mindy, there is much here, We should bring it back to the others to use as needed."

Extra Anchovies
2015-07-05, 03:47 PM
"With pleasure, sir."

Windchaser takes a few steps back from the zombies, waits until Mindy and Entero have similarly moved away, and then spins up his hand-cannons and opens fire on the unliving corpses.

Move to 15 feet away from the nearest one, reallocate essence (3 in hand cannons, 3 in chakra targeting, 2 in Lashing Spinnerets), wait for Mindy and Entero to move 15 feet away from the zombies, then full-attack until they're both re-dead. Reallocate essence: 3 points in Eyes of the Hawkguard (45 ft vision range), 2 in Sentinel's Helm, 3 in Akashic Army (sharing Lashing Spinnerets, Stealth Synergy, and Enfilading Fire with Ultrapony, Entero, and Flamestrike), then rejoin the group.

Snowbluff
2015-07-05, 10:52 PM
I lift one of my legs slightly and shake it, demonstrating my physical weakness. "I'm of such a frail build. You should carry it." A proper unicorn doesn't lower herself to menial labor. A proper unicorn should also avoid having so much blood in her fur, but sometimes you can't help it.

I have no idea of where I am in town. I hop back down the building.