PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Cleric spell refresh question

With a box
2015-05-26, 12:59 AM
can a divine caster with teleport(maybe need G.teleport)
1. now a cleric who refrash spell at morning, in France( 7am now) pray for an hour to get spells.
2. nova. now it's 9am in Paris. and he has not that many spell left.
3. he teleport to Azores(it's 7am in their time zone) and pray for spell again.
4. nova.
5. tereport to a time zone before
6. repeat. 4~5

Can I do that? or The god will throw alarm clock at my cleric?

those offical campaign settings has concept of time difference?

Venger
2015-05-26, 01:01 AM
no.

time is tracked on an absolute scale, it's not dependent on your time zone (which do not exist in the realms) this also answers the question of what happens when you're on a different plane or on a different planet. your spells are tracked on a 24 hour day schedule regardless of where you are.

With a box
2015-05-26, 01:28 PM
no.

time is tracked on an absolute scale, it's not dependent on your time zone (which do not exist in the realms) this also answers the question of what happens when you're on a different plane or on a different planet. your spells are tracked on a 24 hour day schedule regardless of where you are.

But most clerics has setted time of day to pray(Dawn,Sunset,highsun, ect), not absolute time.

Red Fel
2015-05-26, 01:36 PM
But most clerics has setted time of day to pray(Dawn,Sunset,highsun, ect), not absolute time.

And yet, once they've settled on a time, it's fairly consistent and absolute.

Consider, for example, the fact that there is no sunrise or sunset in the Underdark, and that a number of other planes have bizarre astronomies entirely.

Point is, "I teleport to another time zone to recover my spells multiple times within a 24 hour window" simply doesn't fly. You're trying to apply real-world science and rules to an explicitly-defined fantasy world; stop that.

lsfreak
2015-05-26, 03:05 PM
You can't refresh any spell slots used in the last 8 hours either.