PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Best Divination Spells

Milo v3
2015-05-26, 01:33 AM
I'm making a secret agent master of getting information hybrid class of rogue and wizard (diviner), but before I continue I'd like to know what people consider the best or most important divination spells.

Segev
2015-05-26, 01:49 PM
Foresight will ensure you're never caught flat-footed. Clairvoyance will let you scout a room or two ahead to make sure you know the lay of the land before going in. Arcane eye will do similarly, but longer-distance, and prying eyes will let you map out a whole dungeon.

Long-distance scrying spells, like scry itself, can let you seek out things without leaving your well-defended home, and teleport there if things look ripe for your actions to get what you want at minimal risk.

Detect magic, detect [alignment], arcane sight, see invisible and other, similar detection spells can be invaluable to knowing what's important to investigate further, as well as giving you clues as to how genuine expressed motivations and appearances are. Identify is not very good, but analyze dweomer can be amazing.

Geddy2112
2015-05-26, 02:42 PM
True seeing is pretty valuable.

The best divination spells are divination and commune, neither of which are wizard spells but worth learning. Contact other plane is a trap, as it risks damaging your intelligence and often gives wrong information.