PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Bard's Guild

Thurbane
2015-05-26, 02:46 AM
Hey all,

Need an answer for tonight's game if possible (ETA 2 hours) - anyone know any books which details a Bard's or Entratiners guild: I want to know what the costs are to join, and what benefits the player receives.

Cheers - T

[edit]I've found the section in Complete Adventurer about the College of Concrescent Lore, but I was looking for something with more in the way of affiliation scores and benefits.

Also found the section on Performers Guilds in Cityscape, and not really what I'm looking for either.[edit]

General Sajaru
2015-05-26, 03:47 AM
Well, obviously Chapter 7 of PHBII is where you'll find the information on building a guild and creating affiliation requirements and benefits. Unfortunately, the closest example is the Caravan of Shadows, but that's not really what you seem to be looking for, and I can't recall off the top of my head if there are any other example organizations given in other books using that system.

Socratov
2015-05-26, 03:55 AM
Hey Thurbane, I know that Dragonsmags 332 and 334 detail some bards colleges and schools (in both issues at page 85).

Thurbane
2015-05-27, 03:35 AM
OK, thanks both for the replies.

I'll see if I can track down those dragon mags - if not, I'll look at PHB II and come up with my own guild/affiliation benefits.

Venger
2015-05-27, 03:46 AM
are you thinking of a specific pre-existing thing in-game like the nightsong guild or the paragnostic assembly? or are you trying to cook up one of your own?

Thurbane
2015-05-27, 03:53 AM
Well, specifically it will be the Bard's (or Entertainer's) Guild of Greyhawk City...

Hiro Quester
2015-05-27, 06:02 AM
Brotherhood of the burning heart. Dragon mag. 314, p.19. Fire themed Bard organization, sees fire as a living embodiment of musical/artistic inspiration.

Has Temples, guildhalls and concert halls all over the world.

Edit: There's a little info about them here (http://www.realmshelps.net/faerun/organizations/burningheart.shtml)

Bronk
2015-05-27, 07:59 AM
There's the New Olamn Bard College in Waterdeep... info on it is scattered around a number of the Forgotten Realms books, but also in Dragon 335.

ShurikVch
2015-05-27, 12:25 PM
Well, specifically it will be the Bard's (or Entertainer's) Guild of Greyhawk City...If we speaking about the Greyhawk, then there is some info (https://sigilprep.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/08i-greyhawk3.pdf)
Also, Bardschool of the Greyhawk City was mentioned in Living Greyhawk Journal #05, Greyhawk: The Adventure Begins sourcebook, and AD&D Player's Handbook (released in June, 1978)

Hazzardevil
2015-05-27, 02:30 PM
It mentions the Fochlucan College in Completel Adventurer, which it says is the "greatest bardic college", but that seems less like a Bardic Guild and more the Musical and Drudiric Illuminati.