PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me if this has been asked

grandpheonix
2015-05-26, 01:10 PM
But how does Rich feel about showing off his scar? The one that's on his thumb?

Just wanted to see the bada-- carnage that came from it, and...

I guess thats it. Never met anyone that almost lost a thumb, and Rich is a pretty cool dude from what i can tell.

Kalmageddon
2015-05-26, 02:01 PM
Contrary to popular belief, people with "cool scars" don't really like to show them around.
Or at least, for me it's like this. It makes me feel uncomfortable because it's both something I'll have on my body for the rest of my life and a reminder of a painful experience with some permanent/long term damages.

Killer Angel
2015-05-26, 03:31 PM
Sorry, grandpheonix. You won't find satisfaction.

Contrary to popular belief, people with "cool scars" don't really like to show them around.

Unless you're on the boat of the movie Jaws, of course.

Dienekes
2015-05-26, 03:33 PM
Eh for me, the pride I have in the scars is proportional to if I felt I got it from being stupid, or doing something awesome.

Even then, though, I don't really going around showing them. If someone asks I would, but, I don't know, I would feel kind of weird to just show off parts of my body. I guess I'm not an exhibitionist at heart.

Lentrax
2015-05-26, 04:56 PM
Plus depending on where your scars are, showing them to someone else could be misinterpreted as an act of an altogether different nature...

Kalmageddon
2015-05-26, 05:38 PM
Plus depending on where your scars are, showing them to someone else could be misinterpreted as an act of an altogether different nature...

Well, it wouldn't be the Giant's case, but in my case I would have to take my shirt off, so yes. That could be an issue. :smalltongue:

Dienekes
2015-05-26, 05:39 PM

Thankfully (or maybe not) chest, lower leg, and armpit are not areas for that confusion.

grandpheonix
2015-05-27, 05:16 PM
Thanks... I just thought it would look pretty awesome, especially if it deserves a 500 stanza epic poem.

I guess the next question would be if hes ambidextrous.

Lissou
2015-05-27, 11:11 PM
Thanks... I just thought it would look pretty awesome, especially if it deserves a 500 stanza epic poem.

I guess the next question would be if hes ambidextrous.

Doubt it, or he wouldn't have made comments on how it's harder to draw now: he would have "just" switched hands.

The Giant's a pretty private person though so I doubt we'll ever see the scar. I'd guess we only know of the accident in the first place because it affected the comic.