PDA

View Full Version : The Kingdom of Levistus

AlphaLuke
2015-05-26, 02:15 PM
Leo slowly opens his eyes. His head is pounding, his ears ringing. It feels as if he was just squeezed through a straw, all while fighting a Dire Bear. The first thing that hits him is the cold. Numbing, killing, ungodly cold. The wind is howling, screaming past him as he lays upon the icy ground.

There is no sun in the sky, but some sickly blue grey light perfuses the area, barely visible through the driving snow. Leo sees a bloody human shape lying next to him, as well as a tangled, sparking wreck that was the Retriever.

Sergey is still unconscious, but if Leo doesn't act fast they'll both die of exposure in this wasteland.

Leo needs to make a Fortitude save every minute while in this environment to avoid hypothermia, frostbite, and eventual death. Sergey is automatically failing his saves while unconscious. Perception, Knowledge Planes, and Survival check should all be in order here.

Leomor
2015-05-26, 02:39 PM
Leo lets in a moment of panic, as the cold sharp winds sting his skin and gnaws at any warmth he still has. His mind starts sporadically asking "Where am I? Where are the others? Are they alive?" In this moment that feels like eternity, the realization finally dawns on him that eternity is the correct word. "We're in Hell..." he mutters under his breath.

Being the absolute last place Leo would want to be thrown into, Leo must act quickly. He attempts to pull over his robes, as to comfort some of the frigid winds, and continue to focus his ki in the ways of Marid Style, while making his way over to Sergey. Praying to Illmater, he pleads for strength to overcome the dangers of this plane and healing thoughts to Sergey, hoping he hasn't been too injured in our travel.

Leo Fortitude: [roll0]
Leo Heal Check: [roll1] (Leo will surge this if failed.)
Leo Perception: [roll2]
Loe Knowledge Planes: [roll3]
Leo Survival Check: [roll4]

AlphaLuke
2015-05-27, 01:23 PM
Leo feels the chill of the wind slicing through his cloak. He is able to slowly awaken Sergey through careful application of Ki pressure points.

Leo and Sergey each take [roll0] cold damage. This is unholy cold damage and isn't affected by energy resistance. It is affected by energy immunity.

Leo is barely able to see or hear in the shrieking wind, but he can see well enough to know that there looks to be several ice caves less than 100 yards away. That looks to be the only shelter around, and may provide a windshield at the very least. The whole terrain around them seems to be one, unending sheet of ice. Reaching into his memory, Leo remembers reading about Stygia while researching how best to combat the Levistan threat to the Material Plane.
Results of Knw Planes: Stygia consists of a dark and frozen sea covered with ice floes. Titanic icebergs jockey for position, casting long shadows across a frosty landscape of eternal twilight. Like a black serpent, the River Styx winds its way through Stygia’s salty waters but maintains its own integrity, meandering across Stygia as it would a flattened land mass. Where it touches open ocean, its oily, putrescent waters are clearly distinguishable from the surrounding sea. The largest of the ice floes support entire cities, and the Styx cuts through these as well. Thus, the river provides comparatively easy navigation for travelers, though it can steal the identities of any who are accidentally submerged in it.
A mountain of dark ice towers over the frozen sea of Stygia. It is old, ancient by even baatezu standards. At its center, a quarter-mile deep, rests Prince Levistus, the Lord of the Fifth. Levistus is very much aware of his prison and desperately fights to break free. All efforts have failed, and it seems the berg is resistant to magic, thwarting even wish and miracle spells. He must be broken free to escape, so he has commanded his devils to chip away at the ice, even though for every inch they gain, two more build from the sleet and snow that perpetually blows across the barren land. Hate consumes him. He despises all the other archdevils, but reserves special spite for Asmodeus. The feeling is mutual, since the Lords of the Nine know that if Prince Levistus escaped his prison, he would work against them all, betraying the Nine Hells to the very forces they oppose. As a result, all are happy to leave Levistus where he lies. Despite his predicament, Levistus has some influence in the Nine Hells and beyond. His aspect works on his behalf, recruiting new followers and setting in motion a thousand different plots. He makes secret deals with yugoloths, ambitious pit fiends, and anyone else he can in order to set the stage for what he feels is his inevitable release. Levistus has a smattering of small cults on the Material Plane. The bladeravers, as they are known, look nothing like Levistus, Lord of Stygia priests, preferring flamboyant garb and rapiers to heavy armor and simple weaponry. Attracting thugs and thieves, his cultists don’t work well together and, as often as not, outright betray each other. This disloyalty does not permit them to establish permanent temples, so most worship on the move, paying homage to their imprisoned master in their own special ways.
Amnizus rule the roost in Stygia as Levistus’s most trusted chancellors and toadies. These creatures behave arrogantly toward all other devils because they believe their master when he tells them that Baator’s laws do not apply to them. Stygia is the second favorite layer of Baator’s ice devils. Erinyes and spinagons are also common here, but pit fiends give its frozen expanses a wide berth.
An ecology of frost-themed fi endish creatures thrives in the Stygian wilderness. Frost worms and remorhazes compete for prey with dire wolves and polar bears. Other residents include liches and mummies, which venture forth occasionally from Set’s realm of Ankhwugaht to engage in trade with Levistus’s devils.

Leomor
2015-05-28, 02:15 PM
Leo- 88 (6 mythic points left)
Sergey- 61

Waking Sergey, Leo proceeds to ingest a Potion of Cure moderate wounds. He also hands another from his bag to Sergey to drink. He explains their new plane while he helps Sergey stand. They begin to walk towards the closest ice cave, which will hopefully provide enough shelter for them to gather their strengths and form a plan.

Leo's Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds [roll0]
Sergey's Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds [roll1]

Leo and Sergey talk strategy while they are walking. "I have a spell that would allow us to return to our home plane, but it is not specific enough to return to our last exact location. For all we know, we could end up by the Ghost tree itself!” Leo hears a strength in Sergey's tone. Even though they have been cast into hell itself, Sergey remains focused and vigilant. Well, you would have to rest to able to pray for the spell, and I don't think we are going to find any sort of comfort here.” Leo wishes he had the optimism Sergey has for their survival, but being thrown into the belly of beast has dampened his spirits, and Leo wouldn't dare try Sergey's unknown powers here. Who knows the effects that could be unleashed or taken away. Walking in the icy winds, he think of Ingrid and how upset she would be. He fears for his party, hoping that no other demons had been sent upon them. It seems like the Cult of the Shattered peak are not the only people who are after the scrolls. And this devil who sent them were right on our trail! We were in the forest for but a day and they sent these monsters after us. He must be scared if he trying to collect them. Sergey, hold tightly on to yours.” Sergey nods and checks his bag to make sure he still has it, and closes the bag tightly.

Sergey thinks about the giant spiders and their transportation to here. Leo, if every time one of those monsters are destroyed, and it returns here, wouldn't they be ready for their destroyers to be sucked in with them?” Leo nodes, coming to the same conclusion as Sergey. We should prepare and be ready. Leo and Sergey begin to perceive the area for threats and traps, while walking without drawing too much attention to themselves. Sergey uses 2 scrolls of Protection from Evil on himself and Leo.

Leo also adds, This may also be a blessing in disguise. We're spending all our time fighting on one front, while the enemy spends their time jumping between worlds. Maybe we should use this time to gather information, or if the opportunity presents itself, strike through the belly of the beast! Your spear looks like it could use a new tooth! Sergey smiles through the icy winds, hoping this adventure will end for the both of them. Leo pulls out the campfire bead, hoping to use it in the cavern if it is deemed safe and the light from the fire would garner any attention.

Leo Perception: [roll2]
Leo Stealth: [roll3]
Sergey Perception: [roll4]
Sergey Stealth: [roll5]

AlphaLuke
2015-05-29, 06:57 AM
As soon as Sergey finished incanting the Protection from Evil (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/protectionFromEvil.html) spells, the cold doesn't seem quite as biting. Event the light around them seems brighter. The text from both scrolls vanishes, leaving blank paper.

Protection from Evil protects the benefactors from the unholy cold of the lower plane. However, the spell only lasts 1 minute per level. Scrolls are always assumed to be at the lowest possible level unless otherwise stated. That means Leo ans Sergey have 1 minute of protection from these scrolls.

Making it to the cave, which looks like a snarling maw, Leo and Sergey find some relative shelter from the wind and snow. They are able to see nothing inside this particular cave, but it looks like it might continue for a while into the darkness below.Leo is able to move with some grace while Sergey bashes and rattles around, echoing noise through the cave. The POP of the campfire bead produces a small fire that seem just warm enough to keep them from dieing, but not substantial enough to provide any long-term succor.

No sooner have they settled beside the fire than they hear a deep, slow, melodious voice from the cave. The voice speaks in Common, but with a strange accent, placing emphasis on odd words and syllables.

Visitors? I haVe noT had Visitors in A Long Time. And They are Servants of the Light no less! An exhausted Priest of sOme mIddling Talent, and a wounded Monk of WAvering Devotion . . . how DeLightful . . . I Would VEry mUch like to talk with yOU, Visitors . . . I PROpose a Temporary Truce, so that I mIght reVEAL mysElf without FEAR . . . I Do not Wish to fight, only Talk.

Leomor
2015-05-29, 09:03 AM
Leo and Sergey assume battle positions as soon as they hear a voice. They are ready to bring the justice of Illmater to this plane, when they stop to see what the shadow has to say. Leo looks at Sergey after the voice ends, giving him a questioning look. Sergey's instincts tell him to cast Detect Evil, but he assumes that would be a complete waste of spell. They both play back the words in their heads, seeing if any words or inflections should lead them to believe this creature is lying.

Leo's Sense Motive- [roll0]
Sergey's Sense Motive- [roll1]
(Assuming their rolls do not show otherwise, continue below)

Leo wants to trust this voice. He wants to believe that there is a creature that will help him down here, but everything in his gut tells him not trust this voice. However, there is the hope in the back of his head that someone else was dragged to this same spot, in the same manner that Sergey and he were. Maybe that would be an ally.....or it could mean worse...

Leo prepares to strike out in a flurry of blows at the sign of aggression, and Sergey does not prepare, but is ready at a moment’s notice to cast Holy Smite. "I wouldn't think any creature in this plane would be so willing to offer us any type of a truce, but if you do not present yourself as a threat to us, we will not harm you."

Leo's Diplomacy- [roll2]
Leo's Intimidate- [roll3]

AlphaLuke
2015-05-29, 10:12 AM
Leo and Sergey cannot penetrate any meaning that the voice is trying to imply. They know, that as creatures of axiomatic law and diabolical evil, Devils (if that is what this voice is) do not lie. They do not lie, but the truth you hear may not always be the truth they meant.

You NeedN't bother With the POSTuring, little Monk. And I'll sTay true to MY word as Long as You hOld up yOUr end of The Bargain.

Seemingly rising from a pool of shadows on the floor, a hulking humanoid figure (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/de/a8/7b/dea87b28f47da2c52cc403699a40832b.jpg) emerges. Easily 8ft tall, his long black hair rest upon shoulder broader than an oxcart. He has long ears, tattoos, a prominent scar on his face, and glowing blue eyes. It also startles Leo stat he is stark naked. Forming from shadow in front of the two, Sergey and Leo see no outward signs of aggression, and no weapons.

You May call mE Taniel, son of Togariel, Third Lieutenant of Astaroth, Visitors. WhaT mAy I call You?

Leomor
2015-05-29, 10:33 AM
Startled by the large, naked creature standing in front of them, Sergey and Leo riddle their brain to see if the names or customs of this type of creature or his master is known to them.

Leo's Knowledge Religion: [roll0]
Leo's Knowledge Planes: [roll1]
Sergey's Knowledge Religion: [roll2]
Sergey's Knowledge Planes: [roll3]

Leo tries to ease up on his posture, but doesn’t let his mental guard down in the slightest. He responds quietly, "You may call me Leo, and this is Sergey. What do you want with us Taniel?"

AlphaLuke
2015-05-29, 11:54 AM
Leo remembers that "Astaroth" is the name of a lower level devil Duke in Nessus, the 9th layer of Hell. Asmodeus, who hates Levistus, is the most powerful Prince of Hell and rules Nessus.

Leomor
2015-05-29, 12:04 PM
Leo pushes forward, "Why would such a lieutenant of your level being lurking in a cave not of his plane? Were you sent here?" Leo pauses briefly, then continues, "Or could it be that you were banished?: Leo knows that this lines of questioning could rile this Devil, but he has no time for games, and the Devil did give him his word to abstain against violence. He must stay on the offensive.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-01, 10:06 AM
My reaSons for BEing hERe Are MY own, lIttle mORtAl, "Taniel" says with more than a little growl in his voice. As quickly as the irritation shows, it is quashed, and his voice returns to oiled silk.

I Am fAr mOre intERESted aS tO whAt bRINGs two SERVENts of . . . Ilmater?, his mouth twists slightly with the word . . . to thIs INhospitable REALm. PlEASE, siT. I knOW that the tWo of yOu mUSt be very tIred from yOur jouRNey.

With a wave of his giant hand, the entrance to the cave covers in a very thin sheet of ice; translucent, but Leo suspects that anyone looking in from the outside would be unable to see them. A snap of his fingers makes a blue campfire erupt from the floor, dwarfing the campfire bead in both size and heat. As if weaving shadow into form, he delicately traces the air with wisps of purest black, creating two cushions that appear to be woven from the finest, darkest silk and tosses them for Leo and Sergey. Then, he sits cross-legged by the fire and gestures to the cushions.

NOw, pleAse, mAKe yoursELVES comFORtable. The scrEEn iS for privAcy aNd wouLd be eAsIly brokEn shOULd you wIsh to lEave, I aSSure yOu. I saId I wIShed to talk, not fiGHt. Please, Tell mE What yOu arE DOing hERe.

Leomor
2015-06-01, 10:35 AM
Sergey looks to Leo for advisement. Do they sit and humor this Devil, do they take their chance out in the icy winds of hell, or do they exterminate this Devil from their presence? Leo notices the sting that his words have brought upon the devil, but decides not to push any further. Taking a note from Ferven’s conversations, he decides that information would be more powerful than his fists here. For all Leo knows, he is falling right into Taniel's trap. But as he's been told, the Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't know. Leo decides to humor the Devil, but chooses his words carefully. This Devil certainly has an endgame, and Leo bides his time to see if he can glance at it.

Leo sits down on the cushion, and Sergey follows, as they place themselves on the board of chess they are sure they’re about to play. "I could say that our reasons are our own as well, but I'd be happy to tell. We were brought here, after one of those Spider constructs attacked us on our own plane. It seemed to explode and carry us to this plane. We have no want to be on this plane by our own choice."

AlphaLuke
2015-06-01, 11:07 AM
ReTRIevers! he says showing mild surprise. Why those abomiNATIONs are dEMOnic, not diaBOLIcal. They muST've bEEn rePROGrammed soMEHow . . . IntERESting . . . And I cAn aSSure yOu, not a Soul is DoWn here of itS own aCCOrd. But wHy You? Why were They AFter You? Are you tWo in POSSESSion of soMEthing sTOLen? It mUST be, for retriEVERs can loCAte an obJECt worLds awAy, but Are Unintelligent. THEy are alWAys sent for the specifiC purpose of "retrieving". Perhaps . . . he pauses, changing his tone from excited, back to the oiled silk it was before . . . were YOU aloNe when you fOUght them? I have dIfficulty belieVIng that the tWo of you could bESt more than one retriEVER, and you specifically sAID that there Were MAny. Where IS your home Plane? Aber-TOril? EbeRRon? GrEYhawk? GolARion? Tell me of the BATTLE. It does sOUnd. . . exciting.

A wry smile crosses his lips. Waving his hand to weave shadows once more, he hold an obsidian goblet and begins to drink a dark liquid.

Care FOr someThing to DrInk?

Leomor
2015-06-01, 12:53 PM
Knowing full well what the "retrievers” were after, Leo decides to remember how excited Taniel was at the prospect of this, but not act on it. He instead decides to answer his latter question. "We come from Toril, or more specifically, Faerun. And I would not give such a simple eye to my comrade or I. We are great fighters in our land. I have bested many a foe myself, and with the aid of comrades." Leo tried to leave his friends out of the conversation, he senses that Taniel is attempting to gather as much information about him, his party and our abilities as a group. Leo would not give their offensive strategies so easily, but must give him something to appease his appetite. "These hands have punched through the stomach of great beasts, such as Dragons and even Frost Worms. They are the vessel for the One who Endures, to bring peace to our lands, and justice for those whom look to corrupt that peace."

Sergey holds his spear and motions to the Frost Worm's tooth when Leo mentions this, hoping to garner some respect for Leo's words. He adds, "And I am blessed with his presence, to aid the suffering and help vanquish those who would oppose us."
Leo attempts to turn the conversation back towards Taniel, "But surely a warrior such as yourself has seen a great many battle." Leo motions his own face, to mirror the scar on Taniel's, "Every scar has a story, am I right?"

AlphaLuke
2015-06-01, 01:44 PM
Slowly finishing his drink, "Taniel" drops the goblet (which promptly dissolves into black smoke before it hits the ground) and gives the two adventurers a considering smile.

ThAt's AlrIght, I cAn Play this gAme Too. WOrd withIn the ReAlms is that FAerun is in For INterESting tImes AhEad, whAt wiTh that UnSeasonablY cOld WINter. I PrOpose a TRAde. I Have infOrmatiOn about the WorkIngs and ACTivities Of this ReaLm. YoU talk About yOUr "comrades" and The RetriEvers.

Leomor
2015-06-01, 02:27 PM
Leo tenses up at the bluntness of Taniel's words. Taniel's first agenda has unfolded, but Leo is still obviously in the dark about what this could mean. Leo quicklys considers Taniel's proposal. Taniel wants to hear more about Ingrid, Vana, Ferven and the scrolls. How much could that hurt? But to counter information about that with Information about this Realm....seems unfair. Leo's always been told to never trust a devil. Their deals are usually unbalanced and never quite what they seem.

Leo isn't a good enough to try and play games with this devil, wheres Ingrid/Ferven when you need her? Leo needs to gain the high ground...or walk away. Sergey and him might be able to survive these realms, but of course any information would be helpful. And the reason for this devil being here at this time still intrigues Leo.

Leo, taking a good few seconds to consider his offer, finally takes a breath and states, "While knowing more about this realm may help us fight or even escape it, the trust of my comrades weighs much heavier than 'the working and activities of this realm'. If I beleived your intentions were to benefit the greatest of goods, I would consider, but I would not gamble with their lives. I know as much as a name can shift the tides of a battle. And the battle to bring warmth to the long winter coming is more important than you and I."

Leo thinks about this brief conversation with this Devil. After the words leave his mouth, he wonders why he is even trusting this devil in the first place? Because he wasn't attacked head on? Because they were desperate. Evil preys on the needy, and Leo and Sergey may have fallen right into their trap. Leo begin to plan their escape in his mind while he waits for the Devil's response.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-01, 02:40 PM
Brushing aside Leo's comment with disdain, "Taniel" looks wistfully out through the ice window he created to the howling winds of Stygia.

Do you kNow Who imPrisoned Levistus? Asmodeus, Lord of the Ninth, High Prince of Hell. HIs WorkiNgs ARe aBout tO bE dIrectly fOilEd is hE esCapes. WhAt is tHAt CHARming morTAl tUrn of Phrase? "The Enemy of My Enemy is my friend?" I thInk it WouLd Be a VEry wIse deCision to Aid One EVil to ThwaRt anotHer. I tHink tHat in the END, tHat woUld "benefit the greatest of goods".

Leomor
2015-06-02, 09:06 AM
Leo and Sergey quietly take a minute to consider the Devil’s offer. Giving information about our party could lead to some troubling roads ahead. But having information could lead to helping in this war. Leo tries to weigh the "greater goods". Ingrid, Vana nor Ferven would be happy with their name in the hands of this Devil. Leo is shamed to think of how Ingrid would fume and Ferven would hold this over his head forever. But Leo turns to the only person he truly believes he understands, Ilmater. Leo silently prays for strength in his decision.

Leo looks at "Taniel" and says, "I will tell you about my comrades and the retrievers. In return, you give me information about Levistus's plan and how we could leave , or thwart him from this plane." Leo looks "Taniel" straight in his eye and says, "I also want to know why you were waiting for us here and what your real name is. Are we agreed? If so, what do you want to know about, specifically?"

AlphaLuke
2015-06-02, 11:37 AM
AgREed. Smiling wide, "Taniel" waves his hands to weave shadows into a gray piece of parchment. Then, in a flowery Infernal hand, he writes:

"The signatory will enumerate the qualities of their ten (10) most frequently encountered peers to the satisfaction of the contract holder. Additionally, the signatory will provide information related to and/or surrounding their last contact with the constructs designated "retrievers" to the satisfaction of the contract holder. In return for the aforementioned information, the contract holder will provide information regarding to the current agenda of the Diabolical Duke known as Levistus. Contract holder will additionally provide information on how the signatory can leave the plane of Stygia or thwart the plans of Levistus while remaining upon the plane of Stygia. Contract holder will additionally provide information pertaining to the simultaneous nature of location between the signatory and the contract holder. Contract holder will, finally, provide signatory with the common name by which the contract holder is known by the majority of their peers. If either party is accused to be in breach of contract, then the offending party will immediately and irrevocably surrender material, spiritual, and/or corporeal possessions adjusted as to the severity of the breach. The severity of the breach is to be determined by a third party arbiter. The third party arbiter will be designated by the offended party, or be the closest to the site of arbitration (whichever can reach arbitration first). "

If YOu woULd jUst siGn heRE, he indicates to the bottom of the page and hands Leo a black pen of shadow.

Leomor
2015-06-02, 02:13 PM
Through discussion, Leo and the Devil comes to terms regarding their new deal.

"The signatory will enumerate the qualities of thee seven (7) most frequently encountered peers to the satisfaction of the contract holder.
Additionally, the signatory will provide information related to and/or surrounding their last contact with the constructs designated "retrievers" to the satisfaction of the contract holder.
In return for the aforementioned information, the contract holder will provide information regarding to the current agenda of the Diabolical Duke known as Levistus.
Contract holder will additionally provide information on how the signatory can leave the plane of Stygia (not utilizing a Plane Shift spell) or thwart the plans of Levistus while remaining upon the plane of Stygia.
Contract holder will additionally provide information pertaining to the simultaneous nature of location between the signatories and the contract holder.
Contract holder will, finally, provide signatories with the common name by which the contract holder is known by the majority of their peers.
If either party is accused and found guilty by a third party arbiter to be in breach of contract, then the offending party will immediately and irrevocably surrender material, spiritual, and/or corporeal possessions adjusted as to the severity of the breach.
The severity of the breach is to be determined by a third party arbiter.
The third party arbiter will be designated by the offended party, or be the closest to the site of arbitration (whichever can reach arbitration first).

Leo hesitates for a second before grabbing the pen. "Is this the best choice? Will this harm everyone?" He thinks of the poor children he promised to avenge, the villages burnt, and thousands more to follow if they are not stopped. "This is bigger than me or anyone in our party. I swear that it any harm comes to my friends because of this, I will do anything in my power to make it right."

He grabs the pen and signs.

"Ilmater guide me."

AlphaLuke
2015-06-02, 02:25 PM
As soon as Leo finished his signature, the contract rolls back up and disappears into smoke.

It IS AgrEed, "Taniel" intones. He lounges back into a cushion fabricated from shadow stuff and creates a hookah which he begins pensively smoking.

TeLl mE of the SEVEN mOst freqUEntly enCOUNTered pEers of yOurs. Be WAry, for Lying about WHo is MOSt frequeNTLy encoUNtered will vIOLate the coNTRact and autOMAtically note A Breach. FirStly, tEll ME thEIr naMEs, ocCUPations, rACEs, Genders, and PERSONalities.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-03, 06:50 AM
Something inside Leo feels the need to make a Will Save DC 24

Leomor
2015-06-03, 08:32 AM
Leo's Will Save [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-03, 08:33 AM
Leo resists whatever is trying to catch a hold of his will. Sergey next feels the tug.Same Will save

Leomor
2015-06-03, 08:41 AM
Leo attempts to figure out what is happening to him. Before he answers any questions from the Devil, he stands up, ready for a fight.

Leo Perception: [roll0]
Sergey Will save: [roll1]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-03, 08:47 AM
Sergey resists whatever pulls at his mind and Leo spots nothing different in the room.

PLeAse, sIt dOWn and HoNor the AgreEmEnt.

Leomor
2015-06-03, 09:03 AM
Leo is uneased. he looks at Sergey, looking to feel the same thing that he feels. Leo looks at him questioning, while Sergey feels for any trace of magic left in the area.

Sergey Spellcraft- [roll0]

Leo breathes in and out slowly, hoping he is making the right choice.

"Sergey Shaitan; Cleric; Human; Male, Cohort to Leo, devotee of Ilmater, strong and caring.

Ingrid Fireflower: Sorcerer; Scion; Female; Hot tempered and revels in beauty

Adovan Malark; Arcane Archer; Wild Elf; Female; The eye of a hawk, always watchs conversations from afar wiaitng for the perfect moment to chime/strike.

Ferven: Arcane Trickster; Human; Male; Very neutral to the world, looks out for himself, but has a heart that tips towards Good.

Dorn: Barkeep/ Shade; Male; Very secretive and seemingly power. Can do most anything for a price.

Jaheel- Jewelry merchent: Half-Elf; Male; Bubbly and caring, but well connected and a good salesman

Rokbiter- Fighter/Oracle; Goliath; Male; Strong Family man, cares deeply for friendship and will defend it with his life."

Leo chooses his words carefully, not to lie, but to give as little of information as possible to be correct and satisfy.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-03, 09:54 AM
Sergey is unable to feel/infer anything about what previously tugged at his will.

"Taniel" smirks, and his eyes visibly brighten before asking:

HmM . . . tElL me mOre, for I AM unsAtisfIed . . . TeLl me of AdoVan. She SounDs inTeresTing. What MotiVates hEr? WhAt dOes sHe lOve? WhAt doEs SHE hAte? What doEs sHe FEar?

Leomor
2015-06-03, 10:17 AM
Leo thinks to himself. How can I describe the motivations of another person?

Leo treads carefully, "I couldn't tell you exactly what motivates her. She doesn't share all of her emotions. I think she yerns to feel included, yet be free as the wind. She was also raised as a hunter or my kind, suprisingly. So I think she enjoys the hunt. She loves being playful and exploring new, and many times unsafe things. She hates betrayls, and feeling helpless. I think she fears being alone and letting her friends/family down."

AlphaLuke
2015-06-03, 10:23 AM
Tapping a clawed finger on his chin thoughtfully, "Taniel" doesn't say anything for several moments.

I AM unsAtisfIed. TelL mE anSwers to the SaMe qUestiOns, buT fOr the Rest of thEm.

Leomor
2015-06-03, 12:02 PM
Leo smiles as he talks about Sergey. “I believe Sergey is motivated by the evils in this world to bring peace and prosperity to it. I think he’s been trying to find his place in the world, and has found me to be a good companion on that journey. As for love, I think he loves the living. I think to an extent he loves me and our companions as we love him. He hates oppression and suffering, and may fear that he would not be able to do enough to end someone’s suffering, or find his place in this world or the next.”

“Ingrid was motivated by beauty and living in the moment, and since has grown to be a defender of beauty and good. She loves all things that are subjectively beautiful and enjoys being the center of attention. I think she hates being cold and the fear she is going to let down her friends, family and one day she won’t get her way, and it will cost people their lives….” Leo pauses. “I know I fear that.” He adds that last note, and wishes he hadn’t, because he hasn’t wanted to admit to himself he fears Ingrid’s power at times.

Leo begins to grasp for words to describe Ferven. “Ferven is an interesting fellow. At times he is motivated by coin and the pursuit of knowledge, yet he embarked on this journey to end evil in our world. I have tried to guide him to live only in the side of good, but his acts are sometimes questionable. Yet, through time, I have grown to consider him my friend and trust in him. I think he loves knowledge, and the power that comes with it. He hates not knowing things, and feeling powerless to not figure it out, and fears the same. He may also fear that he will be penniless and dimwitted one day.”

“I do not know much about Dorn. He is extremely secretive, yet he may be someone whom I fear. He is also motivated by power and information, and seemingly loves both. I know not which side he fights for, and I wonder at times if there is anyone he loves, and anyone he doesn’t hate. If I were him, I would fear that one day I would help one side too much, and loose the semblance of power he holds now.”

“Jaheel is a friend of ours, whom we have worked closely with to develop a professional relationship. I think he is a social person, and wants to fit in and live a happy life. To my knowledge, he does not want glory or fame, but a cozy life. He has an artist vision of beauty, and therefore has an artist’s vision of hate(Like certain things and not liking others). I have been told that he has an affection for me, which I have not reciprocated, and probably fears he won’t find his idea of ‘true love’.”

“Rokbiter is a friend from battles past. He is motivated to support his family and there is the want to do good for our land and future. He fights to support them and build a better life for his family. I believe he loves his family and hates oppression and unfairness. I think he fears that he won’t be enough for his family one day and he will fail them.”
Leo prays the information he receives for divulging his comrades lives will be worth it.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-03, 12:32 PM
"Taniel" patiently waits, listening to Leo's words intently.

HmM . . . I AM SAtisfIed wIth thEse aCCountS anD holD thE clAUse FulfiLLed, he finally says after a long pause. NoW, tEll mE abOUT the RetrieVers. HoW dId you FIght thEm? What diD thEy sAy? WhAt weRe thEy afTer?

Leomor
2015-06-03, 01:41 PM
Leo begin to regale the battle against the retrievers. Leo hopes to impress the Devil with his feats of strength. He describes their initial encounter, with the largest of Retrievers, and how Leo was able to move swiftly around it to deliver blow after blow with his fists, until the creature seemed close to defeat. He regales on how they were able to stay strong even after the first Retriever summoned more, and describe His lightning reflexes to escape the pull of the first retriever into this plane. He speaks of Vana's flying arrows and Ingrid fire sorcery, while Ferven attempted to subdue and confuse the Retrievers with summoned creatures. After Leo and Sergey's successful dodge of being sucked into the second implosion, Leo describes how the branch he and Sergey was holding onto broke after so much rustling, and they were unable to best the third attempt once the creature had been destroyed.

Leo stops in contemplation at this point. He know that he is bound the mention the scrolls by his signature. He riddles his brain to think of a way to word his sentences, but cannot see a way. He looks at Sergey very seriously, hoping Sergey is on the same page. "Once the last Retriever exploded, it spoke saying 'Mission Failed. Scrolls Not Acquired'."

Leo and Sergey wait to see the reaction of the devil before continuing.

Leo's sense Motive Roll: [roll0]
Sergey's Sense Motive Roll: [roll1]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-03, 01:49 PM
Leo and Sergey see "Taniel's" eyes visibly widen at the mention of "Scrolls". Taking the hookah stem from his lips, he leans forward and stares directly at Leo and Sergey. In a deep but hushed tone he asks:

What ScrOLls were tHe meCHAnizations AFTer?

Leomor
2015-06-03, 02:14 PM
Leo stares directly in to the devil eyes for a moment. Sergey thinks of "Prayer" right in his bag. He does exactly that while Leo speaks.

"To be honest I don't know exact what they were after." Leo says trying to sound convincingly. "Our party carries many scrolls, and I do not know which ones the were after. I'm not even sure who sent the retrivers in the first place."

Leo's Bluff check- [roll0]

Leomor
2015-06-03, 02:15 PM
Leo Surges his Bluff check: [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-03, 02:18 PM
"Taniel" eyes Leo appraisingly.

Sense Motive - [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-03, 02:22 PM
Leaning back against the cushions, "Taniel" looks at Leo with approval, smiling wryly. He returns to the hookah, and speaks with a booming voice.

YoU sPEak trUths lIke a DevIl, liTTle Monk. I AM SAtisfIed wIth thEse aCCountS anD holD thE clAUse FulfiLLed. The SIgNatory Has FUlFilled the ObLigations of the DeAl.

Leomor
2015-06-03, 02:44 PM
Leo tries not to miss a beat, yet is incredibly suprised that he was able to fool the devil. But he knows all of the information he has given is still increibly important, so he pushes to try and not have given them in vain.

"What is the current agenda of the Diabolical Duke known as Levistus?"

AlphaLuke
2015-06-04, 07:19 AM
Leo needs to make a will save

AlphaLuke
2015-06-04, 07:24 AM
Now very alert, "Taniel" sits forward and leans his elbows on his massive knees.

The DiaBOlical Duke kNOWn as LevIStus tries, as he hAs for tiMe immEMOrial, to FREe hiMSElf from hIs icy PRIsOn. He Looks to eXPand hIS reALM to TorIl, in the NOrth, and eVENTually To the Entirety of that pLANet. Then, PERhaps, Others.

Leomor
2015-06-04, 08:21 AM
Expecting such an answer from a devil, Leo tries to dig deeper. "Would you share anymore information about his more current agenda's?"

Leo tries and shakes off the feeling he received earlier again.

[roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-04, 08:36 AM
Smirking, "Taniel's" eyes flash blue.

nO.

Leomor
2015-06-04, 08:54 AM
Expecting that exact answer, Leo moves onto the next, hoping this will be more informative. "How can I leave the plane of Stygia, not using a plane shift spell, or tell me how I can thwart the plans of Levistus while remaining upon the plane of Stygia. I would rather the latter, but per our contract, you have the right to choose."

AlphaLuke
2015-06-04, 09:21 AM
Leaning back with an air of haughty derision, the devil almost spits the next answer.

The LoWer PlaNes aLL havE eGresS poIntS avaIlabLe tO thOsE wHo Know tHe WAys. StYgia hAs seVerAl. OnE lIes in the DeVil MounTain ViadUct. It'S an oFFshOOt of the RiVer StyX thAt flOws oUt oF DeVil MountaIn in AnAurOch. YeS the LegeNd hOlds ThAt the EntryWay to HEll liEs in The DMV.

Leomor
2015-06-04, 10:45 AM
Leo asks, wonderinf if he'll get an answer, "Will you show us the way "the DMV? And if not, provide me with information pertaining to the simultaneous nature of location between Sergey and I, and you."

AlphaLuke
2015-06-04, 10:59 AM
Eyes flashing blue again. "Taniel" simply says: nO.

You, yOur CLeric friend, And I are All HEre becaUSe I am COLLectinG InformAtion oN troOP deplOYMents, whilE You and Your friENd were sUcked here by an imPLOSIon grenADe. The retrIEVers Came BAck here becAUse this is wHEre they were dePLOyed . . . after waiting a few moments he adds, I diD Not dEPLoy thEM.

Leomor
2015-06-04, 11:05 AM
Leo and Sergey take extra care when they see his eyes flash blue.

Leo's Sense Motive: [roll0]
Sergey's Sense Motive: [roll1]
Sergey Spellcraft: [roll2]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-04, 11:10 AM
The eyes only seem to flash when "Taniel" refuses a request that he could, feasibly, choose to answer. It might be a "tell" like a card player might reveal.

Leomor
2015-06-04, 11:15 AM
Leo assumed that getting any information from this Devil would be difficult, and it is proving to be so. He must press his luck. "Who sent the retrivers?" And if he does not answer that, "What is the common name by which you are known by the majority of your peers?"

AlphaLuke
2015-06-04, 11:51 AM
Eyes flash blue again.

You keep TRying tO strEtch the LiMits oF thE aGreeMent, LitTle MonK.

My NaME iS . . . Astaroth, the Corruptor, Seed of Dissention, Scourge of the Quoroshi, Destroyer of the Sacred Scepter.

He smiles proudly.

IT iS gOod to uSe tHe oLd nAmes AgAin.

Leomor
2015-06-04, 12:16 PM
Leo is taken aback, as he assumed he would be. A Duke of the lower layer of hell in his presence...he fights the urge to lash out, as per their agreement. He tries to think of anymore he knows about this Devil.

Leo's Knowledge History: [roll0]
Leo's Knowledge Religion: [roll1]
Sergeys' Knowledge History: [roll2]
Sergeys' Knowledge Religion: [roll3]
Sergeys' Knowledge Nobility: [roll4]

Leo speaks, "I consider your clause of the contract fufilled."

AlphaLuke
2015-06-04, 12:44 PM
Astaroth, despite his many intimidating titles, has stayed out of the spotlight of history for the most part. He is known to be a Duke of no ambition, no energy, no desire for glory or recognition, yet he's constantly said to be indispensable to the Infernal Legions. He appears as '"advisor" in more than one tale about the downfall of this or that monarch throughout history.

The ConTract HolDer Has FUlFilled the ObLigations of the DeAl. ThE tErms Are mEt, the aGreemenT, DissOlved! The contract appears in a swirl of shadow floating between the two and incinerates itself in bright orange fire until only dust remains.

NoW, I dO thInk yOu sHouLd LeaVe. THe Sarglagon pAtRol wIll bE by sOon aND yoUr litTle SciOn frIend haS bEen lIsteniNg in fOr tHe laSt FeW mInuteS. It hAs bEen an InTerestIng coNverSatiOn, LittlE MonK.

Standing and bowing, Astaroth begins to "unweave" the cushions and the hookah.

Leomor
2015-06-04, 01:23 PM
"Scion friend?" Leo thinks to himself. "Ingrid must my scrying on me! At least she know we are safe....for now."
Leo's Perception- [roll0]
Sergey Perception- [roll1]

"Your Adherence to our contract is appreciated. And we appreciate the warning."

Leo nods at Sergey, getting ready to leave, when he has to try something.

"Astaroth: A duke of Hell getting down and dirty doing his own work. You're playing at the long game. I have a feeling our paths will meet again. And if we do, I hope the information given today doesn't bare us any harm." Leo pauses. "For your sake."

Leomor
2015-06-04, 01:47 PM
Leo's Intimidate- [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-04, 01:53 PM
Leo immediately notices Ingrid's sensor viewing them both from the ceiling.

Astaroth laughs derisively at Leo. AlRigHt, LittLe MonK. If THat mAkes yOu feeL beTTer. I'M sure Our Paths WIll cRoss aGain . . . iN tIme.

With that, Astaroth walks into a shadow cast upon the wall, and disappears from the cave.

Leomor
2015-06-04, 02:04 PM
Leo watches as Astaroth dissapears into the shadow, hoping his words are not true, but fearing they will be. He looks up at the scrying sensor as says out loud "Ingrid, Sergey and I are safe, at least for now. We're in Stygia. The devil told us of a exit to other planes. We're going to do our best to find shelter and move towards there, until we can rest and plane shift back. I hope you're all safe and do not attempt to resuce us unless it is comeplty safe." Knowing that Ingrid will disregard his last words immediatly, he and Sergey begin to go back out into the winter. They peek outside the cave to see if the coast of ice is clear.

Sergey cast Magic Circle Against Evil on Leo, and plans to walk right behind him the entire way. (Lasts 130 minutes)
Sergey then prepares Flame Strike.

Leo Perception- [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-05, 08:59 AM
Leo looks out to the howling wind and sees an abomination slithering towards the cave not 50 yards away.

Frail, fin-like wings erupt from the back of this serpentine creature (https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3713/9532277073_55a313c6ed_b.jpg), whose head resembles that of a ram-horned, four-eyed fish, and whose muscular arms end in masses of writhing tentacles like fists made of sea anemones.

Leomor
2015-06-05, 09:34 AM
Leo and Sergey see this demon looking creature coming towards them. They decide to leave the cave as quickly and stealthy as possible, while trying to think if they know this monster and hoping it's eye sight isn't very good in this icy winds. Sergey, hoping to mimic some things that Vana and and Ferven do, says under his breath, "You can do this." to himself.

Sergey uses Inspiring Word on himself. (+2 skills)

Leo's Knowledge Planes- [roll0]
Leo's Knwoledge Religion- [roll1]
Leo's Stealth- [roll2]
Sergey's Knowledge Religion- [roll3]
Sergey's Knowledge Planes- [roll4]
Sergey's Stealth- [roll5]

As they exit the cave, they look for any form of cover, ready to attack at a moments notice.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-05, 09:42 AM
Leo is able to recall with perfect clarity (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/devil/devil-drowning) the statistics of this particular devil. Leo remembers it from a tome he studied as an acolyte. Sergey remembers the statistics from studying to fight them when he found Levistus to be his foe.

They both hide behind an outcrop of jagged ice as the beast slithers closer.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-05, 11:37 AM
The Devil stop momentarily and looks around.

Perception: [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-05, 11:58 AM
The Devil Howls "MORTAL!" in a foul form of Infernal that sounds like air escaping from a drowned corpse.

Battlefield is in the Google Doc. Roll Initiative after resolving Sergey's readied Flame Strike (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/flameStrike.html) (if you want, since Sergey knows that the guy will only take half damage because of his fire immunity). Additionally, if you cast against him, roll a caster level check against his SR 19. Enemy Initiative:[roll0]

Leomor
2015-06-05, 12:24 PM
Sergey decides not to cast this monster in flames, and instead will choose a more divine route.

Sergey Init- [roll0]
Leo Init- [roll1]

Leomor
2015-06-05, 12:45 PM
Leo, clicks his heels together, shifts into Djinni Style and runs over to the demon as quickly as he can. in an attempt to stop him from communicating by sound or telepathy, he unleashes a barrage of fists.

Free action: Leo is granted Haste for up to 10 rounds. (+1 Ac, attack per full attack)
Swift Action: Switch to Djinni Style.
Leo moves 55ft towards monster. (Fleet warrior)
Leo's Will Save against Heavy:

Leo Flurry of Blows: Mythic Point Mythic Elemental Fists

[roll1] : [roll]2d10+3d8+1d6+11
: [roll]2d10+3d8+1d6+11

Leomor
2015-06-05, 12:52 PM
(Fist Damage + Lightning + Holy)

[roll0] + [roll1] + [roll2]
[roll3] + [roll4] + [roll5]
[roll6] + [roll7] + [roll8]
[roll9] + [roll10] + [roll11]
[roll12] + [roll13] + [roll14]
[roll15] + [roll16] + [roll17]
[roll18] + [roll19] + [roll20]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-05, 01:46 PM
Leo clasps his hands together, emulating the quick and violent style of the Djinni masters. (https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9pstbUB8K1qh8rq6o1_500.gif)

Feeling and ignoring the aura of weight around this abomination, Leo races forward in the blink of an eye and unleashes a barrage of blows at the Devil. His hands wreathed in lightning and a blazing white holy aura, he tears away chunks of flesh from the Drowning Devil with his knifelike strikes. As soon as it started, it ends, the howling wind of Stygia once again filling the air. The Devil falls to the ground, black flesh and blue-green blood forming a charred and smoking heap upon the ice. There is a faint smell of ozone in the air that is quickly replaced by the numbing cold.

There seem to be no witnesses to this brutal bout.

Leomor
2015-06-05, 02:07 PM
Leo is releaved that he see's no other demons are around, but does not spare a second. He motions to Sergey to grab and begin to drag the monster to the cave they were in. Leo also says quietly, "They're telepathic, we need to leave this area ASAP."

+6 while on ice
Leo Strength- [roll0]
Sergey Strength- [roll1]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-08, 09:25 AM
Leo and Sergey drag the mound into the cave, now quite dark without the light of the fire. They leave a healthy streak of blood on the ice as they drag the corpse. Devils are not without natural predators, so a body dragged into a cave would not be a terribly alarming sight in the Nine Hells.

Leomor
2015-06-08, 10:39 AM
Leo and Sergey recollect in the cave after moving the body there. They take the time to search the body for anything that may help them on this plane. They can barely see out here, and have no idea where they are going. The attempt to see if they can see anything or remember anything that could point them in the right direction.

Sergey Casts Detect Magic, looking for items on the demon.
Leo Perception- [roll0]

Looking for River Styx
Leo Perception- [roll2]
Sergey Perception- [roll3]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-08, 11:21 AM
Searching through the bloody pulp reveals that the devil was carrying a magical leather bag (that looks to be made of stitched together human faces) filled with 25 platinum marks, a magical amulet (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/81/59/8a/81598afbccb6d9422ba4605a8d826711.jpg), a scroll (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f5/f4/81/f5f4818c26697205c9e9ebf823a5f987.jpg), and a vial (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d3/54/08/d35408bc079b321f6727cb68e42cea01.jpg) of glowing blue liquid.

The wind and snow outside obscure all but the closest landmarks, and there is no river in sight.

Leomor
2015-06-08, 11:46 AM
Leo takes all that the demon had on him, with the exception of the amulet, and puts it in his bag. He keeps the amulet there in case it has some effect against good creatures, and Leo does not trust many things in this plane.

Leo and Sergey briefly discuss the dangers of this plane. As much as they would be willing to thwart anything happening down here, they are lost, and the Devil did not give them any obvious information to assist with that idea. They decide it would be best for Sergey to Concentrate and pray for a spell that would help them return to their own plane. They begin to start immediately, and make all preparations to defend themselves while Sergey is resting.

Sergey casts Magic Vestments on himself.
Sergey casts Invisibility Purge and walks along the cavern to make sure no one is silently watching.
Sergey uses a Mythic Point to Recalled Blessing "Magic Circle against Evil" on himself.
Sergey gives Leo the Prayer beads of light to Leo to hold.
Sergey uses a Mythic point to Recuperate.

Sergey's Perception inside the cave for weaknesses/anyone: [roll0]
Leo's Perception inside the cave for weaknesses/anyone: [roll1]

Leo then watches, and stealthily as he can for anything happening inside and outside the cave, hoping to protect Sergey while he attempts to rest and pray.

Leo's Perception- [roll2]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-08, 12:37 PM
Within five minutes, Leo sees the dark outline of multiple large shapes moving toward the site of killing. These don't slither like the Drowning Devil Leo saw earlier. Something huge, easily 35 feet long, slithers towards the cave, and several smaller, albeit large in their own right, shapes move alongside it in long loping gaits.

Leomor
2015-06-08, 01:18 PM
"The telepathy!" Leo exclaims under his breath. Leo must act quickly. Does he continue to wait with Sergey, hoping that the creatures will not find them, or fight, hoping they will survive. Leo looks at Sergey as he rests, in hopes to bring them both back to their home plane. Leo has spent too long in these few seconds to endanger them both.

He runs to the dead monster, and attempts to rip off one of its extreminities. He then proceed to pierce the demon with his fists, covering his hand with as much blood as it can get.

Leo's Strength Check- [roll0]

Leo then exits the cave, with extremity or not, in hopes to bring a trail of blood along with him. If he can't handle all these monsters by himself, maybe he can at least get them away from Sergey long enough for him to get back.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-08, 02:08 PM
Leo is unable to tear the arm from the beast, but is able to douse his hands in its blood. It stings slightly, pricking his skin like a great many small ants, although there is no permanent damage.

Perception for monsters
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-08, 02:15 PM
The largest shadow in the snow rises up off the ground and begins to emit a strange trilling sound. Leo know this for what it is, although he cannot keep from hearing it. White Worms, fairly common on the Great Glacier near his home monastery, trill to fascinate their prey before consumption.

Leo, make a Will save and remember that this is a sonic mind-affecting effect.

Leomor
2015-06-08, 02:24 PM
Leo's Will save- [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-08, 02:28 PM
Leo easily shakes of the effects of the worm's trill and sees that the worm is still slithering towards him, and being ridden by a great insectoid devil (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/_/rsrc/1341979430338/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/devil/ice/PZO1001-IceDevil.jpg?height=400&width=242) with a lance. Two more devils, spined and on foot (http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/shylmirid/images/d/d4/Hamatula.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131224043326&path-prefix=fr), are flanking the beast and racing towards Leo.

I will put up the map later. In the mean time, roll initiative.

Leomor
2015-06-08, 02:37 PM
Leo screams out, "Sergey! We have company, get ready!"
Leo's Initiative- [roll0]
Sergey's Initiative (If allowed)- [roll1]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-09, 08:08 AM
The grotesque forms run and slither towards Leo, bellowing Infernal war cries.

Initiative Worm - [roll0]
Initiative Ice Devil - [roll1]
Initiative Barbed Devils - [roll2][roll3]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-09, 09:57 AM
The worm slithers forth with surprising speed, carrying its dark rider atop its undulating mass. The insectoid devil atop the creature holds his lance pointed at Leo. Leo and Sergey suddenly hear a loud, screeching voice voice in their minds,

MORTALSSS. SSSTOP. SSSURRENDER YOURSSSELVES OR BEEE DEEESSSTROYED. I WILL TELL MY WORM TO BREEEATHE HISSS COLD DEATH UPON YOU IF YOU TAKE ANY AGGRESSSIVE ACTION TOWARDSSS MEEE OR MY VANGUARD.

The spiked devils run up along their commander and take defensive stances.

Leomor
2015-06-10, 11:26 AM
Seeing these demons, Leo knows that surrendering means the same as dying. Possibly even worse. He runs back into the farther cave entrance, hoping to lure them from out in the open, into a more closed space and reunites with Sergey.
Sergey gets up from his rest, knowing he has not had time to sleep properly and readies Illmaters divine strength to hammer down on these hellspawn. He steps back in hopes to hide from the monsters and give them some sort of a tactical edge.

Sergey Prepares a Mythic Holy Smite to be cast when the monsters enter the cave or get in visible range.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-10, 12:08 PM
As soon as Leo turns to run, the Ice Devil uses his prepared action to cast Wall of Ice (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/wall-of-ice) around the man. The wall is 20 ft tall and over a foot thick. The wall has no roof, but connects to the ground below and to the 30ft tall ice boulder in front of Leo.

Sergey can see the wall go up around his compatriot.

Leomor
2015-06-10, 12:55 PM
Leo quickly try's to break through his ice walls with a few fists of fire, in hopes to quickly escape afterwards.

Leo takes a 5 foot step toward towards the wall.
Leo uses Flurry of blows (First 2 hits are Elemental Fist Fire)

Attack - Fist + Fire

[roll0] = [roll1] + [roll2]
[roll3] = [roll4] + [roll5]
[roll6] = [roll7]
[roll8] = [roll9]
[roll10] = [roll11]
[roll12] = [roll13]

Leo will also use Fleet Warrior to move his full speed into the cave with Sergey if he is succesful.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-10, 01:51 PM
Leo's fists, wreathed in flame, become a blur as they pound against the wall in a dizzying series of punches. He easily cracks a 5ft by 5ft hole in the wall. Leaping through the shattered hole, Leo feels the icy chill of the air that the wall occupied freeze his skin.

Leo takes [roll0] cold damage before he gets to Sergey (no save)

Leomor
2015-06-10, 02:16 PM
Leo HP- 98
Sergey HP- 79
Happy Leo is safe, Sergey decides to fight fire with fire, so to speak. He summons a wall of sharp spinning blades around the monsters, in hopes to if not delay them, at least cut them down to size. He notices that Leo is damaged, and quickly channels his divine energy to heal both of them, to get ready for the fight ahead.

Sergey casts Blade Barrier around the Devils. The wall is 260 ft long and 20ft high. (13d6 damage, Reflex of 22 to half damage. +4 to AC and +2 to reflex for attacks made through it.
Sergey uses Quick channel (2 Uses). [roll0] is added to Leo and Sergey Current HP.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-15, 07:52 AM
Leo and Sergey see the insectoid Ice Devil rise gracefully into the air above the blade barrier and feel a rumble beneath the ground as something begins to tunnel into the ice sheet beneath them.

The Ice Devil unleashes a powerful torrent of ice and stone to fall above the two and bombard them into submission.

Ice Devil casts Ice Storm (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/ice-storm) at Leo and Sergey.
Roll to overcome Spell resistance [roll0]
If successful, Leo and Sergey take [roll1] bludgeoning damage and [roll2] cold damage (no save). For the remaining 13 rounds, heavy snow and sleet rains down in the area. Creatures inside this area take a -4 penalty on Perception skill checks and the entire area is treated as difficult terrain. At the end of the duration, the snow and hail disappear, leaving no after-effects (other than the damage dealt).

Leo also sees that the two Barbed Devils rush through the wall of blades, hoping that their natural resistance to spells and healing factor will allow them to survive the whirling steel.

Sergey, roll against the devil's Spell Resistance to see if the Blade Barrier affects them.

Leomor
2015-06-17, 08:08 AM
Leo- 125
Sergey- 98

Sergey Caster Level Check 1: [roll0]
Sergey Caster Level Check 1: [roll1] (Eldritch Breach)
Sergey Caster Level Check 2: [roll2]
Sergey Caster Level Check 2: [roll3] (Eldritch Breach)

AlphaLuke
2015-06-17, 08:17 AM
The barbed devils try to leap through the barrier, hoping to avoid the whirling blades.

Reflex save for half damage
[roll0]
[roll1]

Leomor
2015-06-17, 08:24 AM
Blade Barrier Damage-
1st Monster- [roll0]
2nd Monster- [roll1]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-17, 09:27 AM
Both diabolical beasts take serious slashes across their chests and arms that would have killed any normal human, but they continue on snarling and charging forward.

One is at -37, the other at -47 hp

The one who looks more injured stretches out a wretched finger and points at Leo. Leo feels his muscles begin to contract.

Cast Hold Person (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hold-person) on Leo. Rolling to overcome Leo's SR [roll0]. If successful ,Leo needs to make a Will Save DC 17. If that fails, "the subject becomes paralyzed and freezes in place. It is aware and breathes normally but cannot take any actions, even speech. Each round on its turn, the subject may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. This is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity."

Leomor
2015-06-17, 11:03 AM
Leo clicks his heels together, hoping to gain as much speed and haste to make it to these creatures and activates his Stoneskin ring. His feet stay quick on the icy snow the devils spell cast, and Leo feels he will not make it in time. He focuses on the aerodynamics of the clothes he is wearing and is able to make it just in time, to deliver what is hoping to be an explosion of blows against this hellspawn.

Leo activates his Boots of Speed.
Leo Activates his Stoneskin Ring.
Leo uses his Quick Runner Shirts' extra move action.

Leo's Flurry of Blows: (1 Extra (Haste), All attacks +1, 3 elemental fists)

Attack - Fist - Lightning - Holy

1: 1d20+24 - [roll0] + [roll1] + [roll2]
1: 1d20+24 - [roll3] + [roll4] + [roll5]
1: 1d20+24 - + [roll7] + [roll8]
1: [roll]1d20+19 - + [roll10]
1: [roll]1d20+19 - + [roll12]
1: [roll]1d20+14 - + [roll14]
1: [roll]1d20+14 - [roll15] + [roll16]

Leomor
2015-06-17, 11:06 AM
1: [roll0]
2: [roll1]
3: [roll2]
4: [roll3]
5: [roll4]
6: [roll5]
7: [roll6]

Leomor
2015-06-17, 11:08 AM
Critical Confirmation 2: [roll0]
Critical Confirmation 3: [roll1]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-17, 12:17 PM
Running through the ice and snow, the man becomes living stone, lightning, and fury. Leo finds the closest Devil and makes seven quick and decisive strikes, six of which penetrate the creature's defenses. His fists bleed with each strike, mangling his own hands upon the spiny flesh of the Devil. His stoneskin begins to chip and crack as he shreds his own hands.

Leo takes [roll0] piercing damage from the Hamatula's "Barbed Defense (Su)". The devil's spines are covered with adamantine armor and overcome Leo's stoneskin damage reduction.

The Devil falls dead to the ground, little more than a pile of metallic spines and ichor.

Leomor
2015-06-17, 12:40 PM
Sergey moves closer out of the icy snow, but it unable to with the heavy armor he is wearing. He moves as fast as he can and when gets withen eyesight he summons the mighty fists of Ilmater to smite his foes.

Sergey Casts Mythic Holy Smite:
Roll to overcome spell resistence: [roll0]
If effected, [roll1] holy damage is done to the Hamatula, and creature is blinded for 2 rounds.
Hamatula get's a will save (20). If successful, damage is halved and blinded for only one .

AlphaLuke
2015-06-17, 12:55 PM
The spell glances off the casual wave of the spined devil's hand like a lance made of light. He smiles sinisterly.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-17, 01:16 PM
The Ice Devil remains floating high in the air over the Blade Barrier. It gestures, raising its segmented arms, and calls forth a churning, dripping wall of congealed blood and organs from the ground. The wall smells putrid and steams the air. The fresh organs and blood are still warm. The squish and squelch of flesh emanates from the wall as the organs shift and squeeze.

A wall of organs and blood rises in the middle of the field. It is 20 ft tall and 10 feet thick.

Laughing in its chittering way, the devil speaks telepathically to Leo and Sergey in unison.

SSSURRENDER OR BEEE DEEESSSTROYED. YOU HAVE NO HOPE OF ESSSCAPE.

Leo feels the ice beneath his feet shift slightly as something begins to tunnel beneath him.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-17, 01:25 PM
The remaining Hamatula doesn't wait for Leo's answer and again tries to bind him with some unseen force.

Again, the devil casts Hold Person (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/holdPerson.html) on Leo. Rolling to overcome Leo's SR [roll0]. If successful ,Leo needs to make a Will Save DC 17. If that fails, "the subject becomes paralyzed and freezes in place. It is aware and breathes normally but cannot take any actions, even speech. Each round on its turn, the subject may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. This is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity."

AlphaLuke
2015-06-17, 01:32 PM
Seeing the spell once more rebound from Leo, the devil pulls a glowing, white vial from a bandoleer strapped around its body and crushes it in his hand. A slight scream is heard from the vial and a wisp of light swirls briefly before fading. The devils seems to have 3 or 4 more of these strange vials on his bandoleer.

The Hamatula heals itself of [roll0] damage.

Leomor
2015-06-17, 02:04 PM
Leo, not liking being cut off from Sergey quickly chugs a potion from his bag and runs back to Sergey, hoping he is fine. He stays away from the wall of Organs, hoping it doesn't sicken him and readies himself for the next move these devils throw at him.

Leo drinks a potion of Cure Critical Wounds and is cured [roll0] from 49 HP.

Leomor
2015-06-17, 02:18 PM
Sergey see's Leo running back, which he would only do if it was extremely dangerous. Sergey finally breaks free of the ice and snow, and decides to buff himself up from the magics of this realm.

Sergey Casts Spell Resistence on himself. Sergey now has a Spell Resistence of 25.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-18, 11:53 AM
Rising still higher into the air, the Ice Devil weaves complex flows of ice, and a wall springs forth in front of the two men. The wall continues along the cliff face, cutting off the door to the cave. The Devil releases the previous Wall of Ice it had created, and Leo sees it vaporize instantly. The new wall rises 15 ft into the air and emanates a deadly cold aura.

YOU WILL NOT ESSSCAPE! Leo and Sergey hear the mind-shattering scream.

Ice Devil flies higher and creates a Wall of Ice (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/wall-of-ice) 15ft tall (marked on map).
Erupting from the ground, the white worm rears and stares at Leo and Sergey with its single, unblinking eye. It seems to be waiting for a command.

The remaining Barbed Devil springs next to the worm, and Leo sees as it crushes another vial and releases another small scream.

Barbed Devil heals [roll0] damage.

Leomor
2015-06-18, 01:09 PM
Seeing he is trapped, Leo runs forward to an area that would allow him to have multiple exits points, and instead of running up to attack. Wanting to draw the enemies closer, and still be close to Sergey, Leo pulls the Prayer Beads of Light from his bad and cast's a divine light towards the Hamatula. Afterwards, he focuses his Ki, in hopes that this force will help block the upcoming attacks.

Leo uses the Prayer Beads of Light (Received from Sergey in Post #71) to cast Searing light on the Hamatula. [roll]2d8[roll]
Leo uses 1 ki point to raise his AC by 4. (AC is now 36 for this round.)

Leomor
2015-06-18, 01:11 PM
Searing Light Damage- [roll0]

Leomor
2015-06-18, 01:18 PM
Sergey, in hopes to vanquish the smaller creature, runs within eyesight and lays down a pillar of holy fire upon the Devil.

Sergey casts Flame Strike on the Hamatula. Reflex Half (DC 21), (half is Holy, Half is Fire) [roll0]

Leomor
2015-06-18, 01:21 PM
Leo to overcome SR- [roll0]
Sergey to overcome SR- [roll1]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-18, 01:30 PM
Both effects bounce harmlessly off of the spiny skin of the Devil. He chuckles slightly.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-18, 01:56 PM
Readying his spear while he descends upon Sergey, the Ice Devil stabs that the boy, laughing maniacally.

YOU HAD A CHANSSSE TO SSSURENDER.

Ice Devil descends to ground level and stabs at Sergey with his spear.
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage if attack should succeed [roll1] plus [roll2] cold damage. If hit, Sergey must roll a Fort save.
The White Worm slithers forth on its huge, undulating mass towards Leo and bites at the monk.

Worm moves and bites at Leo.
Attack Roll [roll3]
Damage if attack should succeed [roll4] plus [roll5] cold damage. Cold overcomes stoneskin damage reduction, but the bite damage doesn't and counts towards the spells total max.

The Hamatula races forward at Sergey, sensing that the Cleric is weak and looking to end him quickly.

Leomor
2015-06-18, 02:32 PM
Leo Current HP:73
AC- 34 (+1 haste) (+2 Deflect Protection from Evil)
Current Effects- Magic Circle Against Evil; Djinni Style; Haste

Sergey Current HP: 98
AC- 29 (+3 Magic vestment) (+2 Protection from Evil)
Current effects- Magic Circle Against Evil, Magic Vestments, Spell resistence

Leomor
2015-06-22, 09:15 AM
Staring at the White Worm, Leo begins to contemplate how he could begin to fight this large monster. Out of the corner of his eye he sees the smaller devil running towards Sergey. Feeling that Sergey is going to be trapped between these devils, Leo runs over, pulling out his Staff of the Monkey Gods and attempts to halt the creature in its steps.

Leo's Flurry of Blows with Staff of the Monkey Gods: (Using 1 ki point for Extra attack and Haste)

1: [roll0] = [roll1]
2: [roll2] = [roll3]
3: [roll4] = [roll5]
4: [roll6] = [roll7]
5: [roll8] = [roll9]
6: [roll10] = [roll11]
7: [roll12] = [roll13]
8: Trip Attempt = [roll14] (Leo granted AoO if successful)

AlphaLuke
2015-06-22, 10:46 AM
Running from the huge worm before him, Leo feels as the beast bites at his back.

White Worm Attack of Opportunity
Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage Roll [roll1] plus [roll2] cold dmg
Reaching the Hamatula, Leo strikes out with his staff, with four attacks easily dodged and blocked by the creature. Three strikes find home on the ribs and skull of the spined horror, but are simply ignored, with the devil cackling derisively. Finally, with a last ditch sweep at the beast's legs, Leo sends it toppling to the ground and immediately fires another strike at it as it falls.

1: (1d20+21)[34] = (1d6+1)[6] HIT, DAMAGE DOES NOT OVERCOME REDUCTION
2: (1d20+21)[34] = (1d6+1)[6] HIT, DAMAGE DOES NOT OVERCOME REDUCTION
3: (1d20+21)[23] = (1d6+1)[3] MISS
4: (1d20+21)[27] = (1d6+1)[2] HIT, DAMAGE DOES NOT OVERCOME REDUCTION
5: (1d20+16)[26] = (1d6+1)[6] MISS
6: (1d20+16)[24] = (1d6+1)[5] MISS
7: (1d20+11)[20] = (1d6+1)[7] MISS
8: Trip Attempt = (1d20+20)[39] (Leo granted AoO if successful) HIT

Leo gets an attack of opportunity.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-22, 10:55 AM
Additionally, while striking at the Hamatula, the creature utilizes its Barbed Defense to shred at Leo's arms and hands. However, Leo's stoneskin seems to be working, as this devil wears no additional armor.

Leo takes [roll0] piercing damage from the Hamatula's spines. This devil doesn't have adamantine covered spines. Ergo, this damage may be absorbed by the Stoneskin effect, up to the maximum for that spell.

Leomor
2015-06-22, 11:06 AM
Leo takes 9 damage (40 absorbed) (40 absorb damage remaining via Stoneskin buff)
Leo's Current HP- 62.

Leo's AOO- [roll0] = [roll1]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-22, 11:08 AM
Leo succeeds in striking the beast as it falls, but it does no damage and spikes Leo's hands.

Leo takes [roll0] dmg

Leomor
2015-06-22, 11:25 AM
Leo takes 4 damage (30 stoneskin remaining)
Leo's current HP- 58

Sergey, being surronded by these devils, is sick and tired of none of their spells or attacks working. He focuses his divine strength and unleashes blow after blow towards these creatures, hoping some or all will perish them.

Sergey takes a 5 ft step back.

Sergey uses 2 channel uses to Quick Channel (Alignment Channel Evil). Damage [roll0] - (Must overcome Will Save DC 23)

Sergey uses a Mythic point to Recalled Blessing Holy Smite on the Hamatula.
Roll to overcome Spell Resistence 1 - [roll1]
Roll to overcome Spell Resistence 1 - [roll2]
= Damage - [roll3] (Will Save DC= 20 (Will Save 1/2, negates Blinding)

Sergey Swift casts Cold Ice Strike on the Ice Devil. Damage = [roll4] (Reflex Half- DC 22)

AlphaLuke
2015-06-22, 11:47 AM
Leo uses mulligan to stop casting Cold Ice Strike.

The Ice Devil steels himself against the burst of energy from the cleric.

Ice Devil Will save [roll0]
Sergey then throws a pulsing beam of light at the Hamatula, striking true. The creature attempts to resist the effect.

Sergey overcame Hamatula spell resistance. Hamatula Will save[roll1]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-22, 11:48 AM
The Ice devil is seared by the full effect of Sergey's channel. The Hamatula is able to shrug off the worst of the Holy Smite.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-29, 12:24 PM
The Ice Devil closes with Sergey, spinning his rime-covered lance and attempting to skewer the lad with a series of practiced jabs.

Ice devil takes a 5ft step and then makes a full attack against Sergey:
Attack One: [roll0]
Damage One: [roll1] piercing and [roll2] cold damage + Fort save vs slow for [roll3] rounds if hit (see below)

Attack Two: [roll4]
Damage Two: [roll5] piercing and [roll6] cold damage + Fort save vs slow for [roll7] rounds if hit (see below)

Attack Three: [roll8]
Damage Three: [roll9] piercing and [roll10] cold damage + Fort save vs slow for [roll11] rounds if hit (see below)

Slow:
A hit from an ice devil's tail or spear induces numbing cold. The opponent must succeed on a DC 23 Fortitude save or be affected as though by a slow spell for 1d6 rounds.
The worm slithers forth and bites at Leo.
Worm moves 30ft and bites at Leo.
Attack: [roll12] ( plus 4d6 cold)
Damage: [roll13] and [roll14] cold damage
The Hamatula tries to stand from prone and lash out at Leo with it's claws.
Hamatula stands from prone (provoking an attack of opportunity if you're going to take it. Remember the spikeys.)
Attack: [roll15]
Damage: [roll16] + Will save vs fear for [roll17] rounds if hit (see below)
Fear:
A barbed devil's fear attack affects any creature it damages with its claws. A DC 20 Will save resists this effect, otherwise the victim becomes frightened for 1d4 rounds. This is a mind-affecting fear effect.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-29, 12:31 PM
Ice Devil Attack Three was a critical threat.
Roll to confirm crit: [roll0]
Damage if crit is confirmed: 45 piercing dmg

Hamatula attack was a critical threat (19-20/x2).
Roll to confirm crit: [roll1]
Damage if crit is confirmed: 30

Leomor
2015-06-29, 01:26 PM
Sergey takes 34 Damage from the Ice Devil. (Does not confirm Critical)
Sergey Current HP= 64

Sergey Fort save 1 (DC23): [roll0]
Sergey Fort save 2 (DC23): [roll1]

Leo takes 15 Damage from the Hamatula. (Does not confirm Critical) (Does not take AOO)
Leo's Current HP= 54

Leo's Will Save (DC20): [roll2]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-29, 02:10 PM
Sergey feels ice climb through his veins as his movement is severely hampered.

Sergey is slowed (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/slow), as per the spell, for 6 rounds. He is staggered and can take only a single move action or standard action each turn, but not both (nor may he take full-round actions). Additionally, he takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves. He moves at half his normal speed (round down to the next 5-foot increment), which affects his jumping distance as normal for decreased speed.

Leomor
2015-06-30, 09:17 AM
Leo, feeling boxed in, decides to channel his Ki, and try and maneuver his way out of being surrounded, and hopes to change the tides of battle.

Leo uses Slow Time .

1st action. Swift change to Marid Style, Uses 2 Elemental charges to Marid Coldsnap the Hamatula.
Fist (Ranged) Ice Holy
Hamatula takes [roll0] + [roll1] + [roll2]
Hamatula must make a Reflex save (DC 25) for 1/2 damage and prevents entanglement.
(If failed, the Hamatula must make a DC 25 Fort save or be entangled in Ice for [roll3] rounds.)

2nd action: Move Action (Does not provoke AOO) towards the Ice Devil.

3rd Action: Quivering Palm, Imprinting Hand, Fire Elemental Unarmed Strike. (Will Surge if failed)

Attack Fists Fire Holy
[roll4] = [roll5] + [roll6] + [roll7]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 09:36 AM
The world seems to move at a crawl at Leo speeds through the air. He can actually see and move between individual snowflakes. Shifting his feet and arms into the practiced stance of the Marid style, he encases his arms in water and sends a stream of ice to encase the Hamatula. The creature tries to dodge the flow.

Reflex DC25 = [roll0]
Fortitude DC25 = [roll1]
If both fail, Hamatula takes a total of 25 dmg and is entangled (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Entangled). Reflex saves = 12 points of dmg and not entanglement. Ref fail and fort save = 25 dmg and no entanglement.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 09:38 AM
The Hamatula is encased in shards of ice and growls as it tries desperately to free itself.

Leomor
2015-06-30, 09:40 AM
Leo stares directly into the Eyes of the Ice Devil, and attempts to rupture the vibrations within the Devil to pieces.

The Ice Devil must make a DC 25 Fort save, or die.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 09:57 AM
Leo moves like a blur. The Ice Devil has no time to react before he feels Leo's palm strike his chest, sending a wave of light through his body. Leo is able to see every organ, every crack in the creature's armor. He knows how to fight it now. The fire wreathing Leo's fist seems to have no effect.

The attack hits, dealing 19 points of damage. The fire damage is nullified. Leo learns that the Ice Devil has the following Resistances and Immunities:
DR 10/good; Immune fire, cold, poison; Resist acid 10; SR 24
regeneration 5 (good weapons, good spells)
After striking, Leo clenches his fist, releasing the vibrations set in the creature and attempting to stop its icy heart. The devil clutches its chest.

Fort save DC 25 = [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 09:59 AM
The harmonic vibrations fail to slay the devil, and it straightens to face Leo with grim determination glinting in its compound eyes.

Leomor
2015-06-30, 10:35 AM
Sergey, feeling as though all of his movements are like walking through a thick bog, must quickly analyze the situation. He decides to heal. He channels his energy in an attempt to prolong the battle to gain better favor, while using his Deathwatch eyes to peer into how damaged he is.

Sergey uses Channel Energy (Only on Sergey and Leo, via Selective Channeling, does not require Full-round Action)

Sergey and Leo are healed [roll0] .

Sergey uses his deathwatch eyes to see how damaged the Ice Devil is.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 10:41 AM
Sergey is able to see that the Ice Devil is "fighting off death". He sees that the Ice Devil is still fairly healthy, with more than 66% of its health remaining.

Leomor
2015-06-30, 11:17 AM
Leo's HP: 90
20 Stoneskin remaining

Sergey's HP: 98

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 11:35 AM
The Ice Devil steps back and jabs at Leo, attempting to slow down this new, speedy threat.

Ice Devil takes a 5ft step and full attack.
Attack One: [roll0]
Damage One:[roll1] piercing dmg + [roll2] cold dmg
If Hit: DC 23 Fortitude save or be affected as though by a slow spell for [roll3] rounds.

Attack Two: [roll4]
Damage Two:[roll5] piercing dmg + [roll6] cold dmg
If Hit: DC 23 Fortitude save or be affected as though by a slow spell for [roll7] rounds.

Attack Three: [roll8]
Damage Three:[roll9] piercing dmg + [roll10] cold dmg
If Hit: DC 23 Fortitude save or be affected as though by a slow spell for [roll11] rounds.
The Hamatula desperately tries to move towards the fight, fighting against tendrils of ice that lock it in place. The infernal jailor extends a bony claw to attempt casting a spell at Leo.

Hamatula moves at half speed and attempts to cast Hold Person (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hold-person) on Leo.
Concentration to cast while Entangled DC 17: [roll12]
Roll to overcome Leo's SR: [roll13]
If both succeed, then Leo needs to make a Will save DC 17.
The Worm slithers forth and lashes out at Sergey with its mandibles, slashing at the priest.
Worm moves 30ft and attacks Sergey with a bite.
Attack: [roll14]
Damage: [roll15] piercing dmg + [roll16] cold dmg

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 11:44 AM
The Ice Devil's lance is dodged and parried with the first two jabs, but strikes true with its third thrust. Leo feels the icy stab pierce his chest, and the blood around the wound freeze solid.
Leo is struck by Attack Three of the Ice Devil.
Roll to confirm Crit: [roll0] (this won't confirm unless it's another 20). If hit, Leo takes 45 piercing dmg, and 3 cold dmg.
Regardless, Leo needs to make a Fort Save.

The Hamatula sends the spell hurtling at Leo, but it ricochets off of Leo's Spell Resistance, and turns wildly in the air.
Nat 1 against SR.
Roll Spell Mishap [roll1]
The Worm's bite crushes through Sergey's armor and deals considerable damage against the lad.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 11:52 AM
The Hamatula's spell whirls through the air and bursts into a rain of golden sparks that trickle down upon Leo. Leo feels more able to move around, less encumbered by the cold or by his injury.
Spell Mishap: Opposite Effect
Leo is now under the effects of a Freedom of Movement Spell (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/freedom-of-movement) for 120 minutes. This spell enables you or a creature you touch to move and attack normally for the duration of the spell, even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow, and web. All combat maneuver checks made to grapple the target automatically fail. The subject automatically succeeds on any combat maneuver checks and Escape Artist checks made to escape a grapple or a pin. The spell also allows the subject to move and attack normally while underwater, even with slashing weapons such as axes and swords or with bludgeoning weapons such as flails, hammers, and maces, provided that the weapon is wielded in the hand rather than hurled. The freedom of movement spell does not, however, grant water breathing.

This effect negates the need for Leo to make a save against the Slow effect of the Ice Devil's lance strike.

Leomor
2015-06-30, 11:58 AM
Sergey's Current HP: 32

Sergey Activates his Chainmail spell storing armor to cast Inflict Serious Wounds on the Worm.

[roll0] (Will save 1/2: DC 19)

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 12:03 PM
The armor unleashes the spell, sending inky black tendrils all over the Worm. It roars in pain and rage.

Will Save: [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 12:04 PM
Worm takes 13 negative energy dmg.

Leomor
2015-06-30, 12:16 PM
Leo, with his new-found understanding of the Ice Devil's abilities, Leo reshift's his style, sharpening his natural kinetic energy into sparks. He hopes each fist strike true, and maybe open some hope for this battle.

Leo Switches to Djinni Style.

Leo Flurry of Blows (Mythic Point to make all attacks Elemental)

(Attack / Fist / Lightning / Holy)
Attack 1: [roll0] + [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] (Deafened [roll4]
Attack 2: [roll5] + [roll6] + [roll7] + [roll8] (Deafened [roll9]
Attack 3: [roll10] + [roll11] + [roll12] + [roll13] (Deafened [roll14]
Attack 4: [roll15] + [roll16] + [roll17] + [roll18] (Deafened [roll19]
Attack 5: [roll20] + [roll21] + [roll22] + [roll23] (Deafened [roll24]
Attack 6: [roll25] + [roll26] + [roll27] + [roll28] (Deafened [roll29]
Attack 7: [roll30] + [roll31] + [roll32] + [roll33] (Deafened [roll34]

Any hit must be met with a Fort save DC 25 or be deafened

Leomor
2015-06-30, 12:19 PM
Leo Surges his first attack: [roll0]

Hoping Always a Chance will be in effect

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 12:52 PM
Striking with blinding fury and speed, Leo shifts his stance and wreathes his palms in crackling lightning.
(Attack / Fist / Lightning / Holy)
Attack 1: (1d20+24)[25] + (2d10+3)[12] + (4d8+8)[28] + (1d6)[6] (Deafened (1d4)[3] MISS
Attack 2: (1d20+24)[39] + (2d10+3)[18] + (4d8+8)[32] + (1d6)[2] (Deafened (1d4)[3] HIT
Attack 3: (1d20+24)[42] + (2d10+3)[21] + (4d8+8)[22] + (1d6)[4] (Deafened (1d4)[3] HIT
Attack 4: (1d20+19)[29] + (2d10+3)[9] + (4d8+8)[30] + (1d6)[1] (Deafened (1d4)[3] MISS
Attack 5: (1d20+19)[36] + (2d10+3)[16] + (4d8+8)[20] + (1d6)[6] (Deafened (1d4)[2] HIT
Attack 6: (1d20+14)[22] + (2d10+3)[18] + (4d8+8)[32] + (1d6)[6] (Deafened (1d4)[1] MISS
Attack 7: (1d20+14)[16] + (2d10+3)[13] + (4d8+8)[30] + (1d6)[2] (Deafened (1d4)[3] MISS
Leo's attack nearly falters when he loses his balance on his first palm thrust, but his Mythic training allows him to quickly recover, slap his palm hard against the ground, and turn the misstep into a flurry of spinning kicks and knifelike hand strikes. His blows find their target three times, cracking its carapace with each strike. Each connected blow lands like a thunderclap, threatening to burst the creature's eardrums. With the final, electrically charged knife-hand strike to the Devil's chest, Leo leaves his hand in while the beast twitches and writhes in electric agony, screaming and jerking as the air crackles around it. Finally, Leo releases the lightning, and the smoking body of the Ice Devil hangs limp upon his arm. He pull the arm out swiftly, and the creature collapses to the ground, dead. Leo knows that normally, he'd need to worry about this devil's regeneration, but his Holy damage imbued strikes count as good weapons, and penetrated the devil's armor like a hot knife through butter. It won't infect the world with its evil any longer.
Ice Devil takes 52 damage from the first landed blow, 47 from the next, and 42 from the third. It's dead.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 01:31 PM
With the death of the Ice Devil, the Wall of Ice melts and disintegrates into slush and snow. The wall of blood and organs shimmers and winks out, showing that it was an Illusion.

Leomor
2015-06-30, 01:42 PM
Sergey drives behind the rocks behind him, hurting from the Worms bite. He uses this time to Heal himself, and ready himself for the rest of the fight.

Sergey uses his Hands of Healing to cast Cure critical wounds on himself.

Sergey is cured [roll0] (increased by 50% due to Healers Blessing.)

Leomor
2015-06-30, 01:43 PM
Sergey current HP: 80.

AlphaLuke
2015-06-30, 02:18 PM
Seeing its rider fall in combat, the Worm slithers forth, enraged. Rearing back its head, it breathes a cone of ice shards at the two adventurers.
Worm moves 30ft and uses its breath weapon. 60-ft. cone, [roll0] cold damage, Reflex DC 23 half.
The Hamatula, seeing its commander fall, begins to quake in rage . . . or perhaps fear.
Hamatula attempts to cast Unholy Blight both Leo and Sergey.
Concentration to cast while Entangled DC 19: [roll1]
Roll to overcome Leo SR: [roll2]
Roll to overcome Sergey SR: [roll3]
If both succeed, then Leo + Sergey need to make Will saves DC 18.

Leomor
2015-06-30, 02:52 PM
Leo Reflex Save: [roll0] (+2 from Protection from Evil, take no damage if sucessful)
Sergey Reflex Save: [roll1] (+2 Protection from Evil, -1 slow)

The Hamatula does not overcome either's SR.

AlphaLuke
2015-07-01, 10:04 AM
Sergey and Leo are able to duck a little and take half of the blast. The wash of sickly black energy from the Hamatula beads off of them like water off a duck.

Leomor
2015-07-08, 08:39 AM
Leo Current HP: 66

Leo, feeling new strength as the Ice Devil is slain, decides to focus his strength on the Hamatula. He dashes behind the rock and appears on the other, after switching his stance, focusing his Ki to reflect the icy winds, and whips furiously at the Devil from a distance.

Leo uses Flurry of Blows (Mythic Point Elemental Fist, Marid Style)

Attack = Fist + Ice + Holy + (Each hit must be met with a DC 25 Fort Save or be entangled for 1d4 rounds.)

[roll0] = [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3] + [roll4]
[roll5] = [roll6] + [roll7] + [roll8] + [roll9]
[roll10] = [roll11] + [roll12] + [roll13] + [roll14]
[roll15] = [roll16] + [roll17] + [roll18] + [roll19]
[roll20] = [roll21] + [roll22] + [roll23] + [roll24]
[roll25] = [roll26] + [roll27] + [roll28] + [roll29]
[roll30] = [roll31] + [roll32] + [roll33] + [roll34]

Leomor
2015-07-08, 08:58 AM
Roll to confirm- [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-07-08, 09:48 AM
The Hamatula begins to wrench himself free from the encasing ice just as Leo begins his onslaught.

The tentacles of water (http://img08.deviantart.net/1565/i/2010/185/6/8/arms_2_by_moptop4000.jpg) surrounding Leo's arms lash at the devil, tearing chunks from its flesh and freezing the wound instantly. Leo whips hair-thin strands of water to slice through the devil like a hot wire. Finally, after a devastating barrage of strikes, Leo grasps an arm with each tentacle and tears the fiend in half, spraying green-black blood everywhere and leaving little more that a steaming pile of icor where the foe used to stand.

Hamatula #2 dead. Sergey's turn.

Leomor
2015-07-08, 10:24 AM
Sergey's Current HP- 56

Seeing the 2 devils perish, Sergey also sees a glimpse of hope for this battle. Pushing through the feeling of molasses in his bones, he drinks a potion to restore him to normal speed, and uses his Mythic Strength to throw a Holy Fire strike at the Worm. He then quickly dives behind the rock next to him, hoping to gain his full bearings.

Sergey Drink a potion of Haste, which counteracts Slow.

Sergey uses a mythic Point to Recalled Blessing Flame Strike. [roll0] Reflex half (DC21) (Half Fire and Holy)

Sergey takes a 5 foot step behind the rock to his South East.

AlphaLuke
2015-07-08, 10:48 AM
The Frost Worm tries to slither out of the way of the blast.

Ref Save: [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-07-08, 10:54 AM
Sergey brings down a searing beam of holy fire upon the worm and smells the acrid fumes of burnt flesh as it strikes home with its full strength. He even sees that the beast seems to be extra hurt by the fire.

Sergey hits full on and the Worm has lost 91 hit points.

Howling in pain, the worm tunnels down into the ice and disappears from sight, although the rumbling of the ice shelf beneath indicates that it is moving.

Leomor
2015-07-08, 11:12 AM
Leo begins to violently think about how to react to the worm burrowing underground. "I could follow it..." Leo thinks to himself. "Or even better." He yells to Sergey, "Get in the air!

Leo then runs towards the still standing Blade Barrier, and and focuses his strenght into his tattoo, groing in size, hoping in case he is eaten by this worm, he will be a bigger meal than it can handle. Hoping that if the Worm does come up from the ground, he will get a mouth full of Blades as well. He also grabs a potion from his bag on the way and drinks it on the way towards the wall. One at his destination, he makes sure to land with a stomp, to draw the worms attention.

Leo moves to AJ/AK- 42/43, and drinks a potion of Cure Serious Wounds, curing [roll0] HP (Currently 66).
He also Uses his tattoo of enlarge person.

Leomor
2015-07-08, 11:32 AM
Sergey know Leo's intentions are good, but he forgets Sergey cannot use such spells. "If only I could fly.." Sergey thinks to himself.

Sergey instead chooses to stay as still as possible, hoping not to trigger any sound or movement that would gain the Worms attention. He prays for a spell and the second he sees the worm, hopes to slice it with his his Spear of Purity Spell.

Sergey prepares Spear of Purity, to be cast if he sees the Worm within range.

AlphaLuke
2015-07-08, 12:18 PM
The worm bursts from the ice beneath Leo, biting with his massive mandibles. Sergey fires off his spell and is pleased to see the worm just within range.

Leomor
2015-07-08, 12:24 PM
Sergey's Spear of Purity: [roll0] (Will Save 1/2, not blinded DC 18)

AlphaLuke
2015-07-08, 12:30 PM
The worm is hit by the shining javelin of light.

Will Save: [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-07-08, 12:34 PM
The worm seems to shrug off the worst of the effect.
Worm takes 19 dmg (neutral creature). It has now lost a total of 110 hit points.

Even so, it crunches upon Leo, attempting to tear the monk apart.

Attack bite on Leo: [roll0]
Damage if hit: [roll1] plus [roll2] cold.

AlphaLuke
2015-07-08, 12:38 PM
Roll to confirm crit: [roll0]

AlphaLuke
2015-07-08, 12:46 PM
A devastating hit! Leo is launched into the air as the beast attempts to swallow him whole!
Leo takes 27x2 = 52 damage from the bite (less any stoneskin) and no cold damage (Marid Style).

Leomor
2015-07-08, 01:23 PM
Leo, feeling hurt and feeling surronded by the Worm, must act quickly. He yells to Sergey, "RUN INTO THE CAVE QUICK!"

Leo delays his action until after Sergey's turn.

Leomor
2015-07-08, 01:49 PM
Sergey knows too well what Leo is going to try. Sergey won't let Leo sacrifice himself to save him. He quickly drinks his other Potion of Haste, and says , "Just put some distance between us and I'll burn him!"

Sergey drinks his last Potion of Haste, increasing his movement speed to 60ft/round.

Sergey runs to 48/Q, and looks back on the beast.

Leomor
2015-07-08, 02:31 PM
Leo, upset Sergey would not follow his order, yet admiring his conviction, uses the last of his ki points to try and savethem both.

Leo swithces to Djinni Style, slows time, and inflicts the worm with 2 fierce blows from his fists, and then runs, hoping to outrun the blast of the creature.

Leo uses 2 elemental fists.

Attack 1: [roll0] = [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]
Attack 2: [roll4] = [roll5] + [roll6] + [roll7]

Leo then uses his last Ki point to gain an additional 20 ft to his base speed, and runs 120ft to 42-O/44-P, beind the rock.

Leomor
2015-07-08, 02:50 PM
1st attack roll- 26 (For 10 fist damage)
2nd attack roll- 41 (For 17 Fist Damage)

AlphaLuke
2015-07-09, 06:44 AM
Both thunderous blows strike true, bringing the worm down in a slumping heap. Leo sprints away, anticipating the worms imminent explosion in a hail of ice and death. The worm lays still in the howling winds of Stygia, breathing heavily and oozing blood from several wounds.

Worm has -1 hp, is unconscious, and is dying. Assuming it doesn't stabilize (which it will), it will die in 20 rounds. Initiative is over.

Leomor
2015-07-09, 08:44 AM
Leo Current Stats-
HP- 30
Mythic Points left- 1
Ki- 0
Elemental Fists- 7

Sergey Current Stats-
HP- 56
Mythic Points- 4
Channel Energy- 5

Leo looks to Sergey, and without a moment notice, begin to flee the scene. They run towards where the Devils came from, but towards the left, always stopping at a large rock to catch their breath. Espcially at the rocks, or any area that provide cover, they scout for enemies and signs towards any type of landmark. Something that could provide them shelter or maybe even rest.

They are specifcally looking for any signs of a large mountain or a river.

Leo Perception- [roll0]
Leo Stealth- [roll1]
Sergey Perception- [roll2]
Sergey Stealth- [roll3]

AlphaLuke
2015-07-09, 09:10 AM
Running across the frozen wasteland of Stygia, Leo and Sergey put as much distance between them and the haunting battleground as possible. The howling winds covering their tracks and the sound of their run, they are able to escape detection from the numerous patrols and roving bands they see in the blizzard. Sergey's eyes are stinging from the ice and wind, and his tears begin to freeze his eyelashes shut. Sergey will be of little help scouting until he is able to rest and recover. Leo eventually sees what looks to be a long break in the ice where black water carries huge chunks of purple ice. He sees no mountain, but the sheer number of Devils gathered around the shores of the waterway astounds him. Infernal barges slowly plod their way downstream while diabolical fish and eels snap up any smaller devils dumb enough to alight upon the water. Creatures gather along the shores, talking, trading, and fighting. Nearly transparent souls of mournful wretches will occasionally rise from the inky waters, only to be snatched up by flying devils above. Leo is sure, this is the Styx. He and Sergey are able to hide behind a small ridge, avoiding the eyes of the devils. But occasionally, lupine devils will raise their snouts to the air and smiff in their general direction before going back to their work.

Leomor
2015-07-09, 09:25 AM
Leo and Sergey are worried being so close to this many devils will end up badly for them. However, one of the lower devil may be able to give them information. They also have to find a way to become less detectable by scent. Perhaps the enchantments on them are givving off a sort or "divine odor"? Leo asks Sergey about this while they look for any good shelter to rest.

Sergey Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Sergey Knowledge Planes: [roll1]

Leo Pereception- [roll2]
Sergey Perception- [roll3]