PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Knight of the Sepulcher

bobthehero
2015-05-26, 03:20 PM
So for an upcoming evil campaign, I've decided to play an Antipaladin with the Knight of the Sepulcher archetype. The DM confirmed that this will be a fast leveling campaign and we'll hit high level.

He's going to be an ex-gladiator who was freed by an order of paladins, but as it turns out, he's really bad at the whole paladin thing. The idea is using dazzling display and performance combat to buff myself and debuff the enemy.

So I need help for higher level stuff and perhaps a few suggestions regarding items I could give him.

Books we're using: Core (really!) APG, Ultimate Combat/Magic/Equipement, campaign book, the DM also allowed me to be a Lawful Evil antipaladin, instead of being forced to BE CE, furthermore, I can use my Touch of Corruption on myself as a swift action, as per Lay on Hands.

We're starting at level 5, I've already made the sheet.

Human, Knight of the Sepulcher 5

STR: 18 CON: 10 DEX: 12 INT: 10 WIS: 8 CHA: 19, he's got 5 ranks in both intimidate and disguise (turning undead, gotta hide that) for a total of 12 points in it.

Feats: Wpn Focus: Gladius, Dazzling Display, Power Atk, Savage Display.

Starting Gear: Gladius +1 (performance wpn, gives a +2 to the check to do performances), Full plate +1, Heavy steel shield +1 and belt of giant strenght +2, paladin kit, with all the holy stuff replaced with unholy stuff.

Level 7: Performing combattant (lets me do combat performance in any combat)
Level 9: Dramatic display
Level 11: Masterful display
Level 13: Master Combat Performer (most likely)

After that, no idea.

As for items: turn my gladius to a vicious weapon, get healed by the 1d6 damage negative energy damage it does whenever I use it, some extra charisma item, belt of physical X, amulet of natural armor, cloak of resistance. But appart from that, I have no real idea, the DM really hates rings of sustenance, but at some point I can avoid sleep altogether, so I can live without it.

grarrrg
2015-05-26, 08:02 PM
Good enough so far, except for this:

turn my gladius to a vicious weapon, get healed by the 1d6 damage negative energy damage it does whenever I use it

Vicious property does not actually deal negative energy damage, it just deals 'damage':
"creates a flash of disruptive energy that resonates between the opponent and the wielder. This energy deals ... 1d6 points of damage to the wielder."
Nowhere does it state that this is Negative Energy.

In the "construction requirements" Vicious does list Enervation as the required spell, BUT the Knight's ability says:
"He is ...healed by negative energy effects as though he were undead, although negative energy effects that don’t heal undead (such as enervation) affect him normally."
Enervation does not heal undead, therefore it would still treat you as a Living target.

So either way "Vicious healing" is a no go.