PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Solarborn and Noctite, Dragon and Tentacle: Two +1 CR races (PEACH)

Ninjaxenomorph
2015-05-26, 10:54 PM
Me and some others are homebrewing a world, and a pair of races I designed. They were kinda designed to be two complementary races that often collaborate because of their... unique physiology. I designed them to be kinda powerful... you are losing a class level to play them, after all. I have been advised to drop them to about 16 RP maximum (which will drop the +1 CR). I know that the RP system isn't perfect, but I like it, and for all its flaws, it does provide a decent gauge for eyeballing races. So, without any further ado...

Solarborn Characters
Ability Score Racial Traits: Solarborn are physically gifted and quite charismatic, but rely heavily on the advancements of others. Solarborn characters have +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Charisma, and -2 Intelligence. (4 RP)
Type: Solarborn are Monstrous Humanoids, and thus have darvision out to 60 feet. (3 RP)
Size: Solarborn are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
Base Speed: Solarborn have a base speed of 30ft. (0 RP)
Natural Armor: Solarborn have tough, scaly hide, giving them a +1 natural armor bonus to their armor class. (1 RP)
Fire Resistance: Solarborn possess fire resistance 5 as a result of their ties to the sun. (1 RP)
Breath Weapon: Solarborn are capable of a powerful breath weapon. Once per day as a standard action Solarborn can make a supernatural breath attack that deals 2d6 fire damage in a 20-foot line. The DC for this ability is 10 + ½ the Solarborn’s level + the Solarborn’s Constitution modifier. A successful reflex save negates the damage. (2 RP)
Vestigial Wings: Solarborn possess fins similar to wings on their arms, granting them a +4 racial bonus to flight as these aid the character. (2 RP)
Prehensile Tail: Solarborn’s tails are flexible enough to carry objects, and can retrieve small, stowed objects carried on their person as a swift action. (2 RP)
Solar Healing: When exposed to direct natural sunlight, Solarborn heal 1 hit point each round. This ability does not function when invisible or under a darkness effect. (5 RP)
Light Dependant: Solarborn take 1d4 points of Constitution damage each day they go without exposure to sunlight. (-2 RP)
Languages: Solarborn start with Common, and Solarborn with high Intelligence may learn any languages they want (with the exception of secret languages). (1 RP)
Final Race Points: 19 RP

Noctite Characters
Ability Score Racial Traits: Noctite are physically hardy and quite inventive, but are barely tolerated by other races due to their disturbing appearance and habits. Noctite characters have +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, and -4 charisma. (-1 RP)
Type: Noctite are Aberrations. (3 RP)
Size: Noctite are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size. (0 RP)
Base Speed: Noctite have a base speed of 20 feet, but their movement is never modified by armor or encumbrance. (-1 RP)
See in Darkness: Noctite possess the See in Darkness ability, allowing them to see perfectly in darkness of any kind, including that created by spells such as deeper darkness. If somehow deprived of this ability, they still possess Darkvision 60 feet. (4 RP)
Hardy: Noctite have alien physiology, giving them a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities. (3 RP)
Burrow: Noctite have a burrow speed of 20 feet. (3 RP)
Bite: Noctites’ facial tentacles have vicious teeth, granting them a bite attack that deals 1d4 damage. This bite is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the Noctite is wielding manufactured weapons. (2 RP)
Claws: Noctites’ finger tentacles possess tiny retractable barbs, giving they two claw attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage. (2 RP)
Toxic: Noctite are naturally toxic. A number of times per day equal to the Noctite’s Constitution modifier, a Noctite character can envenom a weapon that it wields with toxic secretions. Applying it this way is a swift action. Noctite Venom: Injury; save Fort DC 10 + ½ the user’s Hit Dice + the user’s Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1 Con; cure 1 save. (1 RP)
Tech-Oriented: Noctite are natural tinkerers, gaining a +1 bonus on Disable Device and Knowledge (Engineering) checks. Noctite are also treated as proficient with any weapon they personally craft. (2 RP)
Spell-Like Ability: Noctite can once a day use chameleon stride (APG) as a spell-like ability. (2 RP)
Underground Stride: When in underground terrain (as per the Ranger favored terrain type) Noctite can move through natural difficult terrain at their normal speed. (2 RP)
Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds Noctites for 1 round; on subsequent rounds, they are dazzled for as long as they remain in the affected area. (-2 RP)
Vulnerable to Sunlight: Noctite react poorly to sunlight. Noctite characters take 1 point of Constitution damage after every hour they are exposed to sunlight. (-2 RP)
Languages: Noctite start with Common and Aklo, and Solarborn with high Intelligence may learn any languages they want (with the exception of secret languages). (1 RP)
Final Race Points: 19 RP

To drop them down, I am thinking for the solarborn drop the ability score spread back to a normal +Str/+Cha/-Int, drop the natural armor, and nerf the solar healing down a lesser level, like 1/minute. For the Noctite, thinking drop the SLA and Hardy, which I admit are superfluous.