PDA

View Full Version : Ba'al's museum of destruction [Plot]

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 10:17 AM
The teleportation takes longer than it should have.

The group arrives at a surprisingly pleasant looking field, considering this is where Ba'al lives. A large hill hides what lies beyond, but behind and to the sides the field ends. Past the edge there is nothing, just complete darkness. The only real way to go is over the hill.

Random's legs collapse beneath him, and he falls to the floor. "The...gravity here...is far stronger." And it is, about twice as strong, Tabitha, Evander and Aesa should feel heavier, twice as heavy in fact.

The rogue creation sags slightly, and for a moment it looks like it too will collapse, but it just about manages to stay upright.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 10:21 AM
Aesa doesn't seem too bothered.
This would be a nice place to train.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 10:22 AM
After a few minutes Random very slowly gets up, his legs threatening to fail him again at any moment.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 10:26 AM
This is rather sad though, because it means that I probably won't be using these gauntlets... hmm...
Aesa frowns and thinks.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 10:28 AM
Random looks over. "Something wrong? I think I need to update my teleportation device, that took far too long." He walks over to inspect it, leaning heavily on his walking stick, and nearly falling several times.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 10:30 AM
Aesa shrugs and floats over to the teleportation device. It starts to become apparant that she is not subject to the gravity in the least now.
It might be because of her selective incorporeality.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 10:33 AM
Random leans in closer to the device, and curses. "This could be a problem..." He looks at the rogue creation. "I'm going to need my writing equipment."

The rogue creation walks over, only mildly affected by the gravity. It pulls the desk out of the bag of holding, along with some sheets of paper and a pencil.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 10:36 AM
Aesa looks around and begins scribing runes.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 10:42 AM
Random finally notices that Tabitha and Evander have been caught in dead time. "That's annoying. Well, it gives me a chance to sort out this mess." A small screen flips up on the device. Random looks at it, then spends several minutes cursing loudly.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 12:46 PM
The deadtime passes and Tabitha breathes out a little more than usual when she speaks, "That was unpleasant."

"Indeed."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 12:48 PM
Aesa looks up.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:50 PM
Random finally stops cursing and kicks the teleportation device. "To hell with the plan, I'm going to kill the *******!"

The rogue creation looks at Tabitha and Evander. "You okay?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 12:51 PM
Tabitha waves at Aesa relatively friendly-like. "Sorry 'bout that. Never know when it is going to strike."

Evander and Tabitha then turn to the creation, "Yeah, we're good. Didn't mean to leave you guys like that, but I guess the action hasn't really started yet."

"We are in impeccable condition, thank you," Evander says, giving a slight bow.

((But I do. Next bout in 2 hours. approx. for 2 hours approx.))

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 12:56 PM
Aesa hums and twiddles her thumbs.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 12:57 PM
Random walks back over. "Bad news for all mortals, Ba'al messed about with my teleportation device. We've been 'diverted'..."

The rogue creation smiles. "I'm surprised the gravity hasn't affected you."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:01 PM
Tabitha smiles back, "Oh, the gravity's kind of messed up? I don't have a lot of mass in comparison to some, so... the increased weight doesn't bother me too too much."

Evander does notice a little extra effort in raising his hand. "My weight is always massive, so this doesn't change things greatly for me either."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 01:01 PM
Aesa yawns.
I could teleport us next time.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:03 PM
"Diverted to where, precisely?" Tabitha asks, experimenting with the weight of her arms and legs, more interested than annoyed with the situation.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:04 PM
Random sighs. "If you knew where you were going. Besides, that's why I said ' bad news for all mortals'...I can sort that out later." He points at the hill. "I guess we go that way."

The rogue creation puts its spear away. "Lucky for you, not so lucky for my master." It chuckles quietly.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:07 PM
Tabitha follows, Evander close behind. Turning to face the rogue creation she asks, "Why is that lucky for us? And-..."

"Why isn't it lucky for him?" Evander asks, his glowing eyes morphing to a more quizzical shape.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 01:08 PM
Don't underestimate my ability with divination. It bests the rest of my powers.
Aesa starts going towards the hill.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:10 PM
((The rogue creation was talking about the gravity...))

Random walks after her, leaning heavily on his walking stick.

The rogue creation sighs. "I was talking about the gravity." With a fair amount of effort it gets the device and the desk in the bag of holding.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 01:12 PM
Aesa, in the meantime, keeps talking to Random.
I'm quite sure I could find out where he is and take us there.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:13 PM
((Oh. Well, I guess they were just as confused as I was. Aheh... ^_^"))

"Oh, so that hits him a lot harder," Tabitha says, watching him leaning on the walking stick.

"If worse comes to worse, we could stuff him in the bag of holding," Evander says, his eyes taking an amused shape. Tabitha snickers.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:14 PM
Ba'al's voice rings out. "No need, I just moved house. Thought it'd be more fun here."

Random curses loudly again.He closes his eyes. "Stick to the plan...Stick to the plan...Stick to the plan."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 01:16 PM
We had a plan besides "blow the crap out of him?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:17 PM
Tabitha sighs and decides to comment to Ba'al, probably against better judgment, "It's a nice place you've got here. Surprised you haven't trashed it yet." Evander picks her up with a little more effort than usual and carries her on his shoulder as they walk.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:18 PM
Random sighs, and whispers quietly to Aesa. "We're not going to kill him...I just need you to distract him. If we kill him he'll come back again eventually anyway. I have...plans that are far easier if he's alive."

The rogue creation heads off after Random and Aesa.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 01:20 PM
Aesa doesn't appear to be listening.
Okay, one quick killing it is.
She tries to figure out where Ba'al is.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:23 PM
Tabitha does hear that and laughs, "I'm gonna work really hard on your payment. I've got a few ideas... but I'm not going to say them here."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:24 PM
Random reaches the top of the hill, breathing heavily. "Urgh, if there are any more hills..." He pauses, hearing what Aesa said. "Dammit Aesa, I need him alive...Be imaginative, but don't kill him."

The rogue creation speeds up a bit, to avoid falling behind.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 01:25 PM
Aesa's now constant humming of a battlesong drowns out Random's words as she traces a few runes in the air that should point her in Ba'al's direction.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:26 PM
Looking at the panting Random, Evander sighs and makes an offer. "My other shoulder is free if you'd rather..."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:28 PM
Ba'al's voice rings out again. "Hurry up...My home's just inside the volcano, you can't miss it."

Random looks peers at the other side of the hill. His right eye flickers. "Um...Aesa, you want to handle this?" He poihnts at the vast horde of undead on the other side of the hill.

Ba'al's voice laughs. "Bit simple, I know. But fun."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 01:33 PM
Aesa just smirks and raises a hand, then points down at the horde of undead and fires a single, blazing ray of fire that instantly chains off into six rays that streak through the horde of undead, quite probably sending hundreds back to death.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:36 PM
Hundreds are sent back to death, but hundreds more start walking up the other side of the hill. They don't seem to be in any hurry.

The rogue creation reaches the top of the hill. "Oh..."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:39 PM
Tabitha raises a brow and thinks aloud, "With her around, why the heck did I bother coming?"

She scrambles down Evander's arms and hops onto the ground. Her gear staff is still in full motion, the gear atop it spinning dangerously.

Evander takes his axe out, waiting for the right time to run in and start hacking.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 01:40 PM
Aesa hums and summons six hecatonchieres.
Kill them all.
The hundred handed titans move towards the undead in a lumbering fashion, swinging their swords in mad frenzy.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:41 PM
That works pretty well, within seconds the entire horde is reduced to nothing.

"Hey, c'mon play fair...I thought we were all having fun here."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:42 PM
Tabitha looks at Evander again, "Really. Why did I come along?" He laughs and shrugs, shouldering his axe.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:44 PM
Random sighs. "Because we need Aesa primarily to distract Ba'al, what if he summons a load more weird things whilst the two of them are fighting?"

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 01:47 PM
Aesa calls on the power of her runes, which should locate Ba'al pretty quickly.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:47 PM
"Ah. Good point..." Tabitha says, holding up a finger before pointing it at him.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 01:53 PM
Ba'al is exactly where he says he is, in the big volcano, now visible.

"Ah...That explains a lot. You were reduced to bringing a Goddess with you? I'm disappointed."

Random starts muttering "Stick to the plan" again.

The rogue creation sighs and starts walking down the other side of the hill.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 01:55 PM
Aesa yawns and sends a small flurry of magic missiles at Ba'al.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 01:56 PM
"Yeah well, you get your armies of undead and such, we get a Goddess..." Although, she had not known Aesa was considered a Goddess per se.

"Seems fair to me."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 02:04 PM
((Those magic missiles have got a long way to go...))

Random sighs and watches the magic missiles. "I thought I said don't try and kill him, just distract him. You're determined to make this as difficult as possible aren't you?"

The rogue creation chuckles.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 02:07 PM
((Without any sort of description of where things are besides "Ba'al is in a volcano" and we're "on a hill," I can't really have much of an idea how far away he is and where things are, so don't blame me))

Aesa flies off towards Ba'al, winging through the air at incredible speeds.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 02:46 PM
Tabitha and Evander follow closely thereafter, only they keep their respective weapons ready to go. Already Tabitha is prepared to start a gear vortex.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 04:24 PM
((Yeah, sorry, I was getting a bit rushed there. Let me fill you in.))

A large open plain lies between the hill and the volcano. The field is littered with bits of undead. The volcano itself is a large black mountainous thing, but due to the lack of imagination Ba'al has there isn't anyhing remotely interesting about it.

Random sighs, watching Aesa fly off. "SERIOUSLY...DON'T TRY AND KILL HIM!"

The rogue creation pulls the teleportation device out from the bag of holding. Random quickly fiddles with it. He and the rogue creation appear at the foot of the volcano. "Trust Ba'al...He has no imagination."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 05:27 PM
Aesa keeps flying as her player gets back.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 05:35 PM
Random grumbles a little but does nothing.

The rogue creation sighs. "She may be powerful master...But was it wise deciding to hire her?"

"I did worry that something like this would happen. But this would be significantly more difficult without her."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 05:48 PM
Evander and Tabitha catch up, mainly due to his long strides. "Yes, well, she won't get paid if she messes the job up, right?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 05:53 PM
"She won't get paid...and then she'll probably kill all of us... In a very slow and painful way. There'd better be an entrance round here somewhere. I don't want to have to muck about at the top." Random and the rogue creation begin searching for an entrance.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 05:54 PM
Aesa keeps flying, hopefully reaching the volcano.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 05:57 PM
"Do you think she's that unreasonable?" Tabitha asks, never having dealt with Aesa before. Evander looks around with his keen eyes at the mention of an entrance.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 05:59 PM
She does...Random looks up at Aesa. "We were just having an interesting conversation...What would you do if you messed up and we decided not to pay you? Or if you insist on trying to kill him for that matter."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:02 PM
"As much as I'd go for that, it'd work better to just have him trapped. So he wouldn't come back just as strong as ever later," Tabitha adds, talking to Aesa.

Evander nods his head sagely, "Most unfortunately, yes."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:04 PM
Aesa just rolls her eyes at him.
I'm just fufilling my contract.
Her eyes are serious and give him a significant glance.
You want me to do more, too bad. Its already been made.
She flies up towards the top of the volcano.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:07 PM
Tabitha opens her mouth to say something, thinks better of it, and then opens it again, "I take that to mean we'd be screwed." She looks over at Random.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:09 PM
The volcano itself is pretty mundane, it's fairly tall, it's black, and there's a lot of smoke coming out of the top.

"I thought you said something about a contract that can change. I can't remember what you said but it was something like that."

The rogue creation nods its head in agreement. "Besides, if we kill him, he'll be VERY angry with us when he comes back. We might live long and fulfilling lives if we just imprison him."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:10 PM
Aesa whistles and flies up to the top.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:14 PM
"Yeah, I'm still taking that to mean we'd be screwed," Tabitha says, looking sarcastically cheerful. "Now, we need to find the entrance? Any ideas?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:19 PM
"Well if Aesa wasn't messing about up there I'm sure she could find it. But yeah, unless we can persuade her not to kill Ba'al, and she might succeed, we're screwed, even if she wins."

From the top of the volcano a stream of volcanic rocks flies straight towards Aesa.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:21 PM
As Aesa is still incorporeal, she isn't really bothered as they fling through her.
She dives down into the volcano.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:24 PM
The rogue creation stumbles across a loose rock. It pushes it aside and reveals a small entrance. It shrugs and walks inside, followed by Random.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:25 PM
Aesa uses another small divination to determine a straight path from her location to Ba'al.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:26 PM
The straightest path is to continue straight down.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:27 PM
Tabitha moves inside, hoping the entrance isn't too small for Evander.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:27 PM
Aesa shrugs and does just that.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:30 PM
The rogue creation, Random, and Tabitha emerge in a huge cave made of solidified lava. In the middle is a large castle made of the same material, apart from that the cave is empty. But between them and the castle are a dozen large red dragons.

Aesa should be able to make out a large black rock in her way.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:32 PM
Lacking a body as she does, Aesa simply tries to fling herself through said rock.
Her player notes that he doesn't pay attention to the "adjacent to surface" DnD rule when determining incorporeal abilities. His characters don't have to deal with that.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:33 PM
Luckily Evander was able to crouch down and move through as well, although not entirely comfortably. If he felt discomfort...

Tabitha looks at the dragons, hoping they are asleep. "Dragons... not so good," she whispers. "I mean, not impossible, but not so good either."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:36 PM
((The what?This isn't exactly DnD anyway...))

Aesa flies straight through the rock, emerging in the cave, almost directly above the castle.

The dragons are all asleep, except for one that is far more interested in scratching itself right now.

Random and the rogue creation stare blankly at the dragons."Well I'm out of ideas." Random whispers.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:38 PM
((Yeah, but I determine a lot of my stuff off of DnD rules. Read up on incorporeality if you're interested))

Aesa looks around, then keeps going if she fails to see Ba'al.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:39 PM
"Well, that was depressingly quick," she says, a bit insultingly. However, this gives her a chance to get an idea.

((How exactly are the dragons arranged in comparison to one another and the castle?))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:40 PM
But here's where it gets interesting, around the castle is a wall of force, that affects even the incorporeal. From inside comes Ba'al's voice. "Why can't people use the front door?"

((The dragons are arranged in a random pattern, the only thing of significance is that the one awake is at the back, very close to the castle.))

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:42 PM
Aesa smirks and flings a ray of disintegration at the wall of force, knowing that unless it was very unusually crafted, it would dissolve instantly under such power.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:45 PM
It does dissolve, but is almost instantly replaced by another one. "For goodness sake use the door!"

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:46 PM
Aesa chuckles and instead just creates a duplicate of herself within the wall and destroys the duplicate that is outside of the wall.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:46 PM
"Might be something about dragons and forcefields," Tabitha says, sarcastically procuring the reasons why. "Might try a welcome mat instead."

Evander, however, does begin looking around for the door that is in question.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:48 PM
The door is large and imposing, carved straight into the rock. The dragon that is awake wanders over and lies down in front of it, closing its eyes.

Random curses quietly.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:50 PM
Aesa walks up towards the castle, having bypassed the wall of force.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:52 PM
The dragon opens its eyes and looks straight at Aesa. It roars, waking the other dragon and unleashes a cone of flame at her.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 06:53 PM
Aesa yawns, still being incorporeal, and also immune to fire.
She walks straight up to the front door and tries to walk through it.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 06:54 PM
Tabitha quickly throws up a shield composed of transparent gears, more reflexively than anything, around herself, Evander, the rogue creation, and Random. Assuming he doesn't do something stupid.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 06:57 PM
The door refuses to let her through. "Be polite, guests are supposed to knock."

Random groans as the dragons look straight at them. He very slowly draws his diamond pistol, and throws his liquid projectile launcher to the rogue creation. "This is bad."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 07:01 PM
Aesa rolls her eyes and uses a telekinesis spell to knock for her.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:02 PM
"Could be worse," Tabitha argues. She then hopes to high heaven the other's don't wake up. The girl steps a short distance away from the others and summons a series of sharpened gears from her pack. They glow teal and then begin to whirl around her, creating a second, more biting shield for herself.

Evander pulls out his giant axe, swinging it expertly once to limber himself up.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:06 PM
((The other dragons are already awake, and they're looking right at Tabitha and Evander.))

The doors slowly creak open.

The dragons roar and start moving towards Random, Tabitha, Eavnder and the rogue creation. Four of them take to the air and fly straight at the main group, breathing fire as they pass.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 07:08 PM
Aesa slips inside and summons a small red gem to her hand.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:09 PM
"Make a break for it?" Tabitha asks Random, although both of her shields are still in effect.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:16 PM
The first room Aesa enters is a large hall. Paintings of explosions hang on the walls. A large, expensive looking staircase is directly in front of her, and to either side are doors, leading to other rooms on the ground floor. The floor is covered with a carpet, that shows a picture of another explosion. On the ceiling is a mosaic of more explosions...The decorator definitely had a theme in mind for this room

Random raises his pistol, and aims at one of the dragons. "Not yet." He pulls the trigger, sending a bullet flying through the dragon at aproximately twice the speed of sound. The dragon collapses, flapping one of its wings pathetically. One down..."

The restof the dragons also take to the air, and swoop down, attempting to smash the shield with their claws, teeth, wings etc.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 07:17 PM
Aesa hums as she turns the gem over in her hand. It grows larger and purer with each passing second.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:20 PM
Tabitha will shoot the vortex of gears around herself and concentrate them on any dragons foolish enough to get close. They are incredibly sharp and magically empowered as well.

Evander decides to try something new and throws his axe, aiming it for a dragon's neck. Hit or miss, it should have a boomerang effect.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:23 PM
Two of the dragons take serious wounds from the vortex of gears, but just about manage to stay airborne. They loop round and fly straight at Tabitha, trying to burn her to a crisp.

Evander's axe grazes the neck of another dragon, but it's not a serious blow.

Random and the rpgue creation dive out of the way and start taking pot shots, their combined effect bringing another one down.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 07:24 PM
Aesa scribes a small rune on the gem and keeps going.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:25 PM
Evander tries again, with a gutteral battlecry, sending the axe at a wing this time. Tabitha throws up a second layer to her shield to try and combat the flames. The two begin to move closer together for safety.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:29 PM
((Going where?))

The axe smashes through the dragon's wing. It falls to the ground with a sickening thud.

The two dragons land directly in front of Tabitha and growl menacingly, ignoring their wounds. They send another jet of fire at her, then resort to trying to bite her in half.

Random and the rogue creation are forced to dive out of the way again as three dragons fly close by, sending jets of flame towards them. Even so Random gets a few nasty burns

The other dragons regroup by the door.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 07:30 PM
((...through the hall? Towards Ba'al? Wherever that may be?))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:31 PM
Evander steps in and places his arm in the way of the jaws of one and hacks at the snout of the other. Tabitha uses her magical energy to send half of the swarm of gears flying at the two dragons' eyes. The first layer of her shield breaks in the flames.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:34 PM
((You didn't exactly make that clear.))

If she's still got the spell working it indicates going up the stairs.

Simply put those two dragons are well and truly dead.

Random and the rogue creation run towards them, behind them the remaining seven dragons are quickly catching them.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 07:36 PM
Aesa goes up the stairs and flips the gem around in her hand.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:37 PM
Tabitha is grabbed by Evander as she sends the remaining whirling gears at the thinner wing skin, trying to puncture them out of flight. He throws her on his shoulder and runs towards Random and the rogue creation.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:48 PM
At the top of the stairs is a large square room. The explosive pattern continues here. On each side of the room are three doors. Ba'al's voice rings out again. "Bit boring isn't it?"

Two more dragons fall to the ground. They get up, however and begin charging towards the group.

Random and the rogue creation continue running away from the five remaining dragons in the air. They release the odd shot and manage to get rid of another one, more by luck than skill. "This is taking too long. We need to stop Aesa from trying to kill Ba'al, and she's working her way through the castle right now."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 07:50 PM
Yes indeed.
Why don't you come and talk to me? It'd be more interesting, and I can promise that I won't try and cut off your head or the equivalent-
At least, not immediately.
Aesa summons a couple of chairs and a table, then sits down in one of them.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 07:51 PM
Evander sends the axe careening for one of their skulls. Tabitha nods, "Then let's make a break for it." She focuses and brings up another shield.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 07:54 PM
"Why should I trust you? You got rid of that nice undead army I made specially for Claudius."

Random groans. "I would, but my legs are going to give out againt any minute now. Just finish the damn things off, they'll only come back later if we don't."

The dragons in the air land next to the grounded ones. With a roar they charge again.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 07:57 PM
Because I'm interested in my own amusement, and only slaying mindless things or annoying things is really worthwhile.
At least, slaying them permanently.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:00 PM
Evander offers again, "I'll carry you the rest of the way if necessary." Apparently having missed, the axe returns and he hurls it straight for the middle of one of the dragons' skull.

Tabitha decides to try something a little different and throws a small gear into the air a few feet away. It glows as she channels her energy into it and begins to increase in size exponentially. It begins to roll on the ground, towards the charging dragons. Each notch is particularly sharp.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:05 PM
"I don't think so. You're here because those annoying people outside hired you. To kill me probably, walking out in plain sight wouldn't exactly be the smartest move right now would it?"

Two of the dragons manage to get airborne before the giant gear rips them to shreds. They roar and fly straight at Tavitha, breathing another jet of flame. The axe narrowly misses them.

Random collapses again. "Yeah, that could be useful."

The rogue creation runs for the door, sending bursts of acid at the dragons, but is unable to bring either of them down.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 08:09 PM
Nope. I've not been hired to kill you.
In fact, they're rather boring, and I'd like to give you a chance to hire me.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:09 PM
In their minds, the two formulate a plan.
Evander, hit the gear so that it will fly into them.
As you wish, my lady.

The axe returns and he puts a very direct spin on the axe as he throws it. It pings loudly as it hits the metal of the gear and it is knocked upwards by the blow, headed just as she had directed.

Tabitha tries to make yet another shield as this one breaks. This time, she tries to add the element of fire to it, in order to withstand it better.

Evander tries to grab ahold of Random in the meantime.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:12 PM
"Is that so? And why are they so boring?"

The plan works perfectly, smashing apart another dragon. The last one wiesly decides to retreat.

Random groans slightly as Evander grabs him. "I have got to avoid combat in the future."

The rogue creation reaches the door, and waits for everyone else.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 08:14 PM
Not enough power? Not enough things to interest me?
I was assuming you could have a more interesting payment...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:15 PM
With a wave over the battefield, the gear-staff summons the gears she had expended back into her pack, the giant one becoming small again as it returns.

"We're on our way," Tabitha makes a run for the door. Evander carefully places Random on his shoulder, much as he would Tabitha and follows.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:19 PM
"Not even the rogue creation of interest to you? I have enjoyed watching Claudius try to cope with its existence, it's hilarious. But why would I hire you? No offence but I'm fairly good in combat myself. Anyway, the cavalry's about to arrive. They just finished off playing with my dragons."

The rogue creation leans against the door, which creaks open and sends it crashing to the floor.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 08:21 PM
"Hire" as in hire me NOT to try and fight you.
They've already contracted me to help them...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:22 PM
Tabitha, Evander, and presumably Random all back up the rogue creation. "Shall we?" He gestures with his free hand to the doorway.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:23 PM
"Yeah, but how are they going to pay you if they have nothing of interest to you? Bit of a problem there really."

They go inside. Read the description of the hallway above.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 08:24 PM
Oh they'll find something slightly worth my while.
Which is why you can do so much more... plus I can give you something to greatly aid you.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:29 PM
They rush in through the hall, Tabitha noting the decor, "Ba'al, if you weren't just the most stereotypical evil lunatic..." It's more of a statement than anything.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:31 PM
"We're running out of time here. What could you possibly have that would aid me greatly?"

Random looks around. "I hate it. Which way do we go?"

The group probably can't hear the conversation going on upstairs.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 08:32 PM
Aesa decides to keep going up to avoid the incoming group.
Their plans. Their weaknesses.
I've got it all in this gem...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:35 PM
As metagaming as this may seem, Tabitha thinks quicky, "Where would I go if I were a stereotypical evil lunatic? Upstairs. Somewhere."

Evander nods and begins to head that way unless Random or the rogue creation says otherwise.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:35 PM
One of the twelve door suddenly opens. "If you want to keep out of their way go through there."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 08:37 PM
Aesa smirks and goes in, wondering if it is a trap.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:43 PM
The two start to dash up the stairs, Evander realizing he takes two or three steps at a time while Tabitha takes only one and barely at that. He grabs ahold of her and starts to carry her up.

"Honestly, no one will ever take me seriously if they see you carrying me around like a doll as you do," she complains.
"Since when have they ever taken you seriously?" he jests.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:44 PM
Behind the door is a small empty room. The door closes behind Aesa and locks itself. "I don't particularly want that crowd of idiots running in here. Now what were you saying?"

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 08:46 PM
Aesa holds up the ruby.
It contains all my knowledge of them and their plans- its a substantial amount. There are some things about Random you might not know and probably should...
I'll give you this as well as break their contract if you can make it worthwhile for me.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:48 PM
"It depends what you would consider worthwhile. Did Claudius ever tell you what I gave to him in return for freeing me?"

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 08:50 PM
Aesa smirks.
Yes indeed.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:54 PM
Looking around, Evander and Tabitha try to decide where to go next now that they've made it to the second floor. "Your thoughts, Random?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 08:55 PM
"I gave him several things...Did he tell you what they all were. Immortality is nothing that special really. Besides, he's still not invincible."

Random and the rogue creation hurry up the stairs. "What...makes...you...so sure...it's...this way?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 08:57 PM
"Anyone who's been told bedtime stories knows the psychotic villain bases himself upstairs," Tabitha says, tilting her head with a smile. Then she takes a stab at an insult again, "Let me guess, no one bothered to tuck you in at night?"

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 08:59 PM
Aesa shrugs.
I will tell you that giving him one of those things was a bad idea... this gem can tell you why...
She waves it in front of him, grinning.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:00 PM
Random is too busy wheezing to notice the insult. "Damn this...gravity...Anyway, Ba'al isn't...a psychotic villain...He's destruction. He may enjoy...his job...a little too much but."

"Stop that. I doubt I have much of value to you either. What can one God offer that another doesn't already have?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:03 PM
"I don't think we have the time to go over another moral debate," she says curtly, "Just pick a flippin' door!"

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:03 PM
Amusement.
See, even a deity has limited creativity. Surely you have something... new and unusual that I haven't really thought of?

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:04 PM
Random points at a door. "Fine! How about that one? They all look the same to me."

The rogue creation leans on its spear and watches.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:08 PM
"Sounds fine to me." Evander attempts to burst through said door.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:14 PM
The door falls off it's hinges revealing another stairway. This one is very narrow, only wide enough for one person.

Random grumbles slightly. "Where is Aesa? She seems to have completely dissapeared...This was a mistake."

Ba'al sighs. "I'm not the most creative of Gods, heck, I don't technically count as a God...Destruction is my sole joy in life, it's all I'm good at. And I seriously doubt you'll find anything of interest to you in that category."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:15 PM
Aesa rolls her eyes.
You'd be surprised. I have a number of weapons, but they tend to be more... skilled in other ways than sheer destructive power.
Surely you could provide in that way?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:15 PM
"So... want to knock down some other doors or keep climbing?" Tabitha asks him, hoping Evander would fit through it. Making a gigantic guardian just showed it's disadvantages.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:23 PM
Ba'al chuckles. "What I originally gave Claudius could've ended the world. He was far more interested in the infinte store of energy in the centre than its destructive capabilities. Bit of a waste really, but yeah, in terms of sheer destructive power, I can provide."

The staircase looks just about wide enough for Evander. Random looks at the stairway. "I say we go up, but Evander goes last, just in case."

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:23 PM
Then I'll trade.
Aesa holds out the gem.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:25 PM
Tabitha shrugs and agrees. She begins the climb up, Evander waiting for the creation and Random to go before he follows.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:29 PM
On the third floor is a long hallway. On either side of the hallway at regular intervals are cases containing various weapons off mass destruction. Between each case is a suit of armour carrying some kind of weapon. Just visible down the other end of the hallway is yet another set of stairs.

Ba'al pauses. "This will have to wait. They've almost got to the top. Twelve doors and they pick the right one first time round.Excuse me." He clicks his fingers and vanishes.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:31 PM
Aesa is intensely frustrated at this development and uses her telepathy to contact him.
You'll want this gem before you try anything... just use something to stall them and come back.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:33 PM
"Who's up for another flight of stairs?" Tabitha calls out, falsely cheerfully. The pair make their way towards it.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:33 PM
I'm on it. Despite how cliche'd it is I think I'll set the suits of armour on them, always good for a laugh.

The suits of armour slowly start moving as Tabitha and Evander make their way down the hall.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:34 PM
Of course.
I find making invisible inanimate objects makes it extremely confusing...

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:37 PM
"Wow... I should have seen that coming. Thanks for the cliche, Ba'al!" If nothing else, she intends to keep a cheerful disposition. Evander pulls out his axe again while she brings up one of her shields on top of the flame one.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:40 PM
Ba'al reappears in the room. "In this castle I have every weapon of destruction imaginable. Browse through them, take your pick. If you can think of it it's in here somewhere."

The cuits of armour slowly raise their weapons, and with a creak, slash at whoever is nearest.

The rogue creation dives in front of Random, throwing him to one side. It receives a blow to its chest but doesn't seem too badly hurt.

AmberVael
2007-04-22, 09:42 PM
Aesa nods and drops the gem in the air in between them, where it hangs.
Where would you suggest I look first?

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-22, 09:43 PM
((Cue deadtime! Sorry, continuing in the morning.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-22, 09:45 PM
Ba'al clicks his fingers, and a door appears. "Through there. That's where I keep the most damaging, or unusual stuff."

((Yeah I need to stop now as well. Goodnight all.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 09:59 AM
Evander mimics the armour after a fashion, being armour himself and slashing at any of the suits of armour that get close to himself or Tabitha. Feeling this is the day for creativity, Tabitha takes a few sharpened gears, imbues them with some sort of magical energy, and throws them at the armour.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 10:13 AM
The suits of armour seem very slow and jerky, their attacks are very inaccurate. There are about ten between Tabitha, Evander and the door, and another five advancing from behind, Random and the rogue creation are right behind Tabitha and Evander.

One of the suits of armour is hit by Evander's axe, but it bounces off with a loud clang, the suits of armour are made of a very strong metal.

The sharpened gears fly into another suit of armour, cutting through it in several places, however the suit of armour remains upright. The suits of armour nearest to Tabitha and Evander slice at their necks with an almost comical stiffness. The five behind advance towards Random and the rogue creation.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 10:17 AM
Evander merely causes the chainmail hood to become limp and fall back in response to the attacks. His eyes disappear as he does so, but they seem to be more for looks than looking anyway. The axe bounces back into his hands and he begins to use the flat side for bludgeoning purposes instead.

Tabitha just sidesteps the attack rather nonchalantly. She smiles and hopes some of those gears remained inside the armour as she triggers the explosive magic she put on them.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 10:25 AM
The suit of armour explodes spectacularly, sending shrapnel flying in all directions, including towards Tabitha and Evander, but also towards the other suits of armour. One of them takes several hits to the legs and collapses.

Evander's technique works fairly well, knocking the suit of armour's helmet flying. The rest of the suit begins to wave its sword wildly, slicing in all directions. The other suits of armour advance in pairs, one pair swinging their weapons in alow arc, aiming for Evander's legs. Another pair advances towards Tabitha. They swing their weapons at Tabitha's stomach, literally trying to make her guts spew out...Not pretty.

Random and the rogue creation turn and beginning firing at the five suits of armour behind them. "Any bright ideas people?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 10:33 AM
The shrapnel causes her latest shield to fall apart, leaving her with only the fire shield in between her and the sword strokes. She tries to skip back a little and underestimates them. Their blades slip through the shield, heating them as they do so, and manage to cut at her stomach a bit. The wounds cauterize automatically, thankfully, but she has still been wounded. Tabitha hisses at the sting of it. "Not... really... Unless you think we should slip around them or blow them up some more?" She clutches an arm to her stomach, although, it appears to be a minor inconvenience.

Try as they might, Evander's legs take the force of their blades, barely dinging the metal at all. He does notice the attack on his little ward and slams one of his large arms back to try and knock the pair against her away. "I would suggest we think of something sooner than later."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 10:42 AM
One of the suits of armour is sent flying from the punch, its various parts rolling off as it hits the floor. The other six suits of armour fall back a little way.

Random and the rogue creation manage to get rid of one of the suits of armour behind them, but the other four are almost upon them. The rogue creation draws its spear and steps in front of Random. "How do we get rid of these things master?"

Random groans, leaning heavily on his walking stick. "Their helmets...They look fairly loose. Knock them...off...quickly." His legs wobble slightly. "I'd swear Ba'al did this just to make things as hard as possible for me."

Ba'al's voice rings out. "Of course I did Claudius. It's funny watching you collapse in a heap every five minutes or so. Don't mess that armour up too badly, they're collectors items."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 10:49 AM
"Fine," Evander says, the hood resuming it's normal position. His eyes glow brighter briefly before settling back into their usual light. He begins to throw punches rather than using his axe, aiming for the heads of the armour.

Tabitha throws out more gears aiming towards the helmets, non-explosive this time around. The hand holding her staff is still clutched to her stomach, not precisely sure of the damage, although it still doesn't appear life threatening. She creates another transparent shield, trying to envelop all the members of her group.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 10:52 AM
A couple of the suits of armour lose their helmets and fall apart.

((And now i've gotta go for..*checks watch* two hours...Hopefully we can get this plot finished today.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 10:55 AM
((That'd be around 4 hrs for me chief. But if you are there, we'll do our best.))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 12:29 PM
((Hmm? Oh, right...Yeah, well that two hours no longer applies.))

Despite the fact that they're surrounded by animated suits of armour, Random stops trying to shoot the helmet off one and looks round at Tabitha. "You okay over there?"

The rogue creation parries a few blows from a suit of armour.

The suits of armour back off further, until they're out of reach of Evander. The ones behind do the same thing, they almost seem to be waiting for something.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 02:10 PM
Aesa goes the way that Ba'al pointed out, leaving a small scrying sensor next to him.
Like all of her scrying sensors, it is invisible, intangible, and one way.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 02:14 PM
The room that Aesa enters is BIG...and I mean big, it's unbelievably gigantic. The room is filled with every kind of destructive weapon imaginable, and a few unusual things that don't look like they belong there.

Ba'al clicks his fingers, summoning a table, a chair, and a drink. He sips the drink and leans back on his chair, apparently not worried about the group slowly making their way through the castle.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 02:20 PM
The gem still hangs in the air in front of him, glimmering and pulsing with the galdr Aesa imbued it with.

Aesa hums and begins looking around, passing over most of the mundane weapons.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 02:22 PM
((And I'm gone again...Food!))

Ba'al looks at the gem with mild interest, he sips his drink. "I'm sure I'm forgetting something..."

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 02:30 PM
Aesa continues looking through weaponry, while the gem glitters and waits for the galdr in it to be released.
Can't use it if you don't touch it, after all.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 03:04 PM
The weapons nearer the back of the room give off magical auras, the further back they are, the stronger the auras.

Ba'al grins suddenly. "Oh yeah, that other group of heroes I've trapped on the ground floor. I wonder how they're doing?" He looks at the gem again and tries to grab it. "Now then, how does this thing work?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 03:11 PM
Tabitha looks up at Random with a truly puzzled expression. If he is remarkably good at reading it, it would say, "What the heck? You care why?"

However, as it is, she shakes the expression off her face and then nods decisively, "Just a scratch I think. It's not bleeding but that could be because of the fire sealing it shut..."

Evander watches the suits of armour suspiciously. He had been made for fighting and realized something was odd.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 03:11 PM
As soon as he grabs it, it instantly becomes apparent how it works.
Which is, to say, very well as a trap, but not so much as a memory storage device.
The woven galdr snaps out, slashing through his mental and natural resistances because of his own acceptance and willingness to take the gem. It attempts to bind him and his soul in the gem until someone should release him.
Namely Aesa.
((Read: no innate force of will, or normal deific or magical protection (DnD terms being Saving Throw or Spell Resistance) should work against this. As it is not magic, things that prevent magic (general magic, that is) should not work either.
Once you've picked it up, there is really very, very little chance for you to actually escape.
Nice trap the soul spell... yes...))

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 03:19 PM
((OOH EVIL! Pity Ba'al was too ignorant to think of it as a trap. And yet it's strangely familiar...Oh yes, pretty similar to what Random made. Right, I've got to think of a way anything could escape this so I'm going to leave what happens to Ba'al for a while.))

Random sighs. "You look a little puzzled. I'm not allowed to worry that one of the key pieces of my plan is injured?"

The suits of armour continue to sit there.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 03:23 PM
((Well, the only ways I can think of are the following:
1) you have no soul to trap.
2) your soul is separated from yourself (phylactery)
3) You had something already in place specifically protecting your soul from forces trying to take it ( a pretty powerful protection, I might add).

And please, please don't add something in just so he can escape. I spent time and effort thinking this up and implementing it, and its so uncool if you're like nah, I don't want him in it because I want to do it the way I wanted))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 03:25 PM
"Key pieces? I sure feel useful right now," she says, shooting him a tired smile.

Evander can sense that she is in some pain, though not going to die from it. He is instead preoccupied with the other suits of armour. "What are they waiting for?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 03:31 PM
((Meh, this has possibilities, Ba'al is probably going to get stuck in the gem anyway, but I just want to see if I can think of a way out. You do know this is really going to piss off all the Gods of Creation though don't you? Ba'al's been preaching about the wholes balance thing non-stop...And that's not me just adding in something so he can escape, that's just something that will eventually happen.))

Ba'al's soul is sucked out of the "creation" and into the gem...Which causes a fair amount of havoc since there's now a thirty foot tall metal humanoid in a room that is nowhere near large enough for that.

The castle shakes slightly, and the suits of armour collapse. Random stares at them. "Whilst I'm glad they're not attacking us any more, what just happened is not good."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 03:34 PM
Tabitha stables herself by putting a hand on Evander's leg. "You don't suppose he's got something else up his sleeve?"

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 03:53 PM
Aesa hums and sends a spell through her scrying to teleport the gem to her hand, then promptly sticks said gem into an empty fate line to keep it out of the way and hidden.
She then whistles and picks up a small shuirken as she teleports next to Tabitha and Random.
Job's done. Lets get out of here.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 04:12 PM
Random turns round. "What are you talking about? And more importantly, where have you been? We nearly got the crap kicked out of us by animated suits of armour!"

The castle shakes violently. "Just a thought here. Since we're in the middle of a volcano and all...You don't think it's about to erupt do you?"

The rogue creation runs for the stairs. "If what my master says is true, we might want to get out of here."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 04:16 PM
Evander makes a grab for both Tabitha and Random, realizing she isn't in a condition to run and Random is still being assaulted by the extra gravity. "If that is the case, perhaps we should."

Looking up at Aesa, now scooped into one of Evander's arms, Tabitha asks, "What did you do?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 04:21 PM
Random dives out of the way as Evander tries to grab him. He heads towards the stairs leading up. "I'm not finished in here. I'll catch up." He starts walking up the stairs, the castle shakes violently again.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 04:23 PM
Tabitha and Evander look at each other, sigh, and then follow after him.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 04:30 PM
Random stops, and very slowly turns around. "Leave. I have reasons for staying here, you have none. Go away."

The rogue creation meanwhile, has made it to the ground floor. "Where is everybody else?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 04:33 PM
Tabitha sighs, "As much as I may or may not dislike you, you're still up here. And you'll have a hard time getting down quickly enough without help." Evander looks like he is of the same opinion.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 04:37 PM
Random chuckles. "You actually care about what happens to me? You two are pathetic. Don't worry, I'll get out of here in time, if you two stop bothering me and go."

The castle shakes again, several pictures fall from the walls, and clatter to the floor.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 04:39 PM
"Yeah, well, old habits," she says with a hopeless grin. "Alright then. Hurry up."

Evander nods briefly to Random and makes a break for the downstairs, a good deal faster than what you might expect from such large armour.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 04:41 PM
Random continues upstairs out of sight, smiling and laughing quietly. "Now, to work..."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 04:43 PM
Evander, holding Tabitha in his huge hand, makes his way down to the first floor, looking at the rogue creation, "Are you ready to go?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 04:45 PM
The rogue creation nods. "Yeah...Uh, where's my master?"

The castle continues to shake violently, the shocks getting stronger and stronger. In some areas the walls have collapsed, and the whole castle is now creaking dangerously.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 04:46 PM
Tabitha and Evander both cringe. They mentally communicate to each other that they'd better stop the creation before they tell him the news. Evander quickly reaches out to grab ahold of him while Tabitha adds, "He's being detained by his own request. Says he'll catch up so long as we don't hold him back."

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 04:48 PM
The rogue creation glows for a short while. "Yes...He'll be fine, but we'd better not disturb him. Let's go!" It runs for the doors, throwing them open and diving out into the cave beyond.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 04:50 PM
They both sigh with relief that they didn't have to drag him out. Evander picks up the pace easily keeping up with the rogue creation.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 04:52 PM
There is still no sign of Random. As they hurry through the cave towards hte exit one of the turrets breaks loose and falls to the ground with a loud crash.

((In case anybody's wandering what Random's up to, he's looting Ba'al's throne room.))

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 04:55 PM
"By the by, did he manage to fix the teleportation device before we left?" Evander asks, holding up a hand to shield the girl on his shoulders from any debris, perhaps forgetting the fact that she still has two shields up.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 04:57 PM
Aesa went into NPC mode and followed Evander.
Who cares? I can teleport, and I'll be watching for him to come back out.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 04:58 PM
"Doesn't matter. Running away is more important right now." The rogue creation reaches the entrance, pausing as it watches another turret collapse. It turns back and hurries through, back to the outside world.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 05:00 PM
"You bring up a very good point," Tabitha admits to Aesa and the rogue creation both. Evander carries her the rest of the way outside, following the creation closely.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 05:00 PM
Aesa zips out behind them, chuckling.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:03 PM
The rogue creation looks up. The volcano is spweing out lumps of molten rock,which are falling all the way down to the base. The rogue creation hastily dives out of the way, as a car sized lump of rock crashes down on the spot where it was before.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 05:05 PM
"If you'll get closer I can whip up a fire-based gear shield that should take care of most of these. I'll make this one last longer than the others," Tabitha comments, looking up, her other shields still intact.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 05:05 PM
Aesa snaps her fingers and a wall of force appears around them.
Or I could do that.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:07 PM
The rogue creation slowly turns and walks away from the volcano. It glances back briefly. "Um, can you teleport us back to the Town?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 05:09 PM
"Right... or Aesa can make me obsolete... as usual," Tabitha says sheepishly, still with a slight grin, however, she really wishes she could have proved more useful this entire time. Internally, she's somewhat crestfallen. Evander doesn't say anything but mentally sympathizes with her.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 05:12 PM
I could indeed teleport us.
Aesa turns to Tabitha and laughs.
Oh no... you served your purpose very well. Made Ba'al think there might be something to worry about- gave me a perfect set up.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:14 PM
"What did actually happen? Shall we go then. I can tell you now, my master is going to be a while yet."

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 05:15 PM
Tabitha laughs a little half-heartedly in response, scratching the back of her neck. Evander looks over to Aesa, "Shall we wait for Random?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:20 PM
"He really does seem to want us to leave..."

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 05:21 PM
Aesa nods to Tabitha, then smirks at the creation.
Well...
I went in and started talking to Ba'al.
Told him that I was working for you guys, but that you were unlikely to pay me well and plus your prefered methods were boring.
Therefore, I proposed he bribe me to break the contract. In return I'd also give him a magic gem that held all your plans and what I knew about you. I told him that you'd likely succeed unless he knew what I could tell him.
Anyways, we negotiated and then he took the gem, which had no plans but it did have a curse on it that trapped his soul within the gem, cutting through his defenses since he took it.
Aesa chuckles to herself.
We never actually made a contract either, which is good. I always fufill my contracts...

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:24 PM
The rogue creation seems to be getting increasingly agitated. "My master really wants us to go. Can we leave? Please?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 05:24 PM
Tabitha and Evander raise a brow, Evander as well as he can without eyebrows. "Hm. Well... I suppose that worked well enough then." She smiles.

They then look at the creation, "Is everything ok? What's his hurry?"

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:27 PM
"He just...wants us to leave. He wants some peace before he goes back."

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 05:27 PM
Aesa chuckles.
Very well. He's quite contained, far from dead- incidentally, I kept ignoring Random to help further the facade of me being separate from the rest of the group and uncaring of you- and we had little trouble.
Er... I had little trouble. I'm not sure about the rest of you.
She glances at the creation.
Calm down.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 05:30 PM
Tabitha and Evander shoot each other a glance at the rogue creation's reply. "Well, tell him he better not get himself burnt to a crisp. Only one of us gets to do that today and I've already made the quota." She laughs a bit harder and then clutches her stomach again, some of the feeling coming back into it.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:31 PM
"Please? He really wants some peace...But he says that doesn't apply to you Aesa since he can hardly order you to leave anyway."

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 05:32 PM
Aesa rolls her eyes and creates a large portal to the Town's streets.
Come along then. In we go.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:33 PM
The rogue creation walks through.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-04-23, 05:33 PM
Tabitha only grins, trying not to laugh again, "What, I'm the only one who's a bit of a nuisance to him?"

Evander nods slowly, "If Lady Aesa would take us back, we'll give him his peace." He carries Tabitha through the portal back into Town.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 05:35 PM
Aesa goes through as well, and the portal and wall of force collapse into a single, waiting scrying sensor that should alert her only if one of three things happens:
1) Random leaves the plane, at which point the scrying will vanish.
2) Random dies, in which case the scrying will find his corpse.
3) Random comes out and needs teleportation.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:39 PM
Random appears next to his teleportation device, carrying a small bag. There is now a sword sheath attatched to his belt, and a menacing looking sword inside it. He teleports right over to the edge of the field, well out of the way of the volcano...For now. He crouches down and stares out at the darkness beyond.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 05:40 PM
The scrying turns to regard Random, waiting to see if he needs teleportation.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:42 PM
Random continues to stare out at the darkness. He stands up and kicks his teleportation device, before crouching down again. He sighs and holds his head in his hands.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 05:44 PM
The scrying decides just to do it the easy way, and turns into a one use one way portal to Random's laboratory that should last for a good number of hourse until discharged.
Said portal waits to be used.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:46 PM
Random looks briefly at the portal. He sighs and says "Not yet. I'll make my own way back." He turns back to the darkness, and resumes staring at it.

AmberVael
2007-04-23, 05:51 PM
The portal, not being sentient, does nothing but sit.

Gnrlshrimp
2007-04-23, 05:54 PM
Random eventually gives up. "I made that plan for a reason...It may not have been the easiest way but dammit, I had my reasons." He stands up and walks through the portal, pushing the teleportation device ahead of him.