PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons And Dipsticks

Malic
2007-04-22, 11:04 AM
Hey. I'm new and I think this is in the right place with this but if I'm not tell me so I can change that.

Anyway.

I am thinking about starting a comic because I have alot of free time so can anyone give me a guide or something like how to draw and make the speech bubbles and all that. Not going for anything big just basics cause I already tried with paint. Thanks in advance to all those that help.

Malic
2007-04-22, 01:29 PM
All I want are some hints and tips people...

Djinn_in_Tonic
2007-04-22, 03:11 PM
Problem is, everyone has a different style. For example, in the one the Djinn's starting (or trying to start...if the writer could ever get him the first few strips...) the Djinn uses slightly different shaped bubbles of a different border color for each character and draws floating heads and hands with stylized bodies.

Other people do things differently. What specifically do you want to know?

-The Djinn

Malic
2007-04-22, 03:36 PM
I'm just trying to go with basic OOTS or Legends (if you haven't heard of legends that's ok, if you haven't heard of OOTS I pity your ignorance...lol)

Djinn_in_Tonic
2007-04-22, 06:21 PM
You'd probably be better off in the Arts and Crafts forum: They'll tell you how to draw OOTS style. In fact, there should be some how-to's there.

As to the speech ballons, the Djinn thinks Mr. Burlew simply draws a circle and then adds lines to the end in the direction he wants...unless the program he uses has them as a default shape, which is possible. The Djinn is not sure.

-The Djinn

Scientivore
2007-04-22, 07:36 PM
I am thinking about starting a comic because I have alot of free time so can anyone give me a guide or something like how to draw and make the speech bubbles and all that. Not going for anything big just basics cause I already tried with paint. Thanks in advance to all those that help.

I recently asked about speech bubbles in this forum. You can find the thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41219).

Waf
2007-04-22, 09:58 PM
The instructions will depend on what software you are using to make the comic. For example OoTs is made in illustrator. My ex-samesex-comicmaking-partner made a nice tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHmWJlsf6N0) for making bubbles in Adobe Illustrator. If you plan to make your comic in MS Paint I've basically given you a manual on how to drive a tank when you need instructions on riding a bicycle.

Renee Katz
2007-04-22, 11:12 PM
Oh please don't make a webcomic based on the fact that you have "alot of free time." There are too many of those as it is. . .

Malic
2007-04-23, 07:09 PM
Well it's not only that. I write good short stories and already have a good idea what the story will be and the main charecters and the villians.

Edit: Thanks for the info!

Renee Katz
2007-04-23, 09:18 PM
It's always a good thing when you have alot in your head before you start a comic!

Waf
2007-04-23, 09:23 PM
As long as your reason isn't for fame and money I say go for it.

Malic
2007-04-24, 03:56 PM
Well then I should go for it lol. Thanks again for info!

doliemaster
2007-04-25, 11:28 PM
If you want I am good at making plots and could help, NOTE- making plots and the conversations and what happens I can't draw or make the pictures for S***. Anyway I would be willing to help.