PDA

View Full Version : Which class to picks?

PlatinumJester
2007-04-22, 11:16 AM
I urgently need help in deciding out of these classes, hexblade, dragon shaman or favoured soul? If anyone has any advice please help me out.

Bears With Lasers
2007-04-22, 11:19 AM
Um, what do you want the class to be/do? Power-wise the Favored Soul's the strongest of the three.

Tellah
2007-04-22, 12:04 PM
What are the other players playing? Are you interested in making a balanced party?

Kel_Arath
2007-04-22, 12:15 PM
It depends on what kind of character you want to play and what the party has so far.

storybookknight
2007-04-22, 12:27 PM
I say go Dragon Shaman. While Favored Souls have great spellcasting, they're thematically pretty boring, and Hexblade begins to suck after 6th level or so unless you have a prestige class in mind to go into. (Draconic PrCs usually work well because Knowledge(arcana) is a class skill.)

PlatinumJester
2007-04-22, 12:27 PM
basically in my party we have a ninja, cleric, 2 sorcerers, a weird demon class(don't ask) and a monk.
Of the classes I named on the thread, I want to know which is the most powerful in the long run.
P.S. I don't care about balencing the party to much?

Enzario
2007-04-22, 01:14 PM
What it looks like is that you guys need a tank. Go dragon shaman, get the heaviest armor possible (mithral, naturally), and use a 2 handed weapon for power attacking goodness. And you get a breath weapon. I'd say that the Dragon Shaman is also the most powerful overall, but that's not saying much since by *conventional* logic the classes you named are not among the strongest in the game in the long run.