PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Help creating Razor Eddie

darthpower
2015-05-27, 08:30 PM
Hey all I am not much of an optimizer which has led me to this problem my friend is running a new champing were he wants us to make 3.5 adaptations of our favorite fictional characters. I picked Razor Eddie from Simon R greens Nightside novel. If you are not familiar think fast moving/short rang teleporting movement with a lot of precision damage.

We are starting at level 6 and have been encouraged to build as powerful a character as possible with all 3.5 books.

So mostly I am looking for suggestion of templates classes combo substitution classes ect that would help me to build something like that any help would be greatly appreciated

Nihilarian
2015-05-28, 07:54 AM
Sounds like you want a Swordsage/Telflammar Shadowlord build.

Edit: well, I say "build" but you're not high enough level for Shadowlord yet. Good thing to work towards if you do decide on Swordsage, though.

The Viscount
2015-05-28, 10:01 AM
There's the question of whether you want the caster route or not. If you're not much for casting, I'm a big fan of Avenging Executioner. It's a solid Precision Damage user, and the fear-based class features fit well with how much Eddie terrorizes the Nightside.

If the caster route, Teflammar Shadowlord has been mentioned, and is quite solid. Swiftblade is a bit of a pain to enter, but it shares requirements with Shadowlord. It makes you quite the speedster on a definite magical scale.

Gnaeus
2015-05-28, 01:52 PM
I'd go straight swordsage. Powerful attacks, initiative bonus, and built in teleports more or less at will.

If you can buy off LA, I could see the Dark Creature template as applying. Makes you faster, hide better, other minor bennies.

To build him ACCURATELY, you need divine ranks. He became semi-divine when he killed mithras and became the punk god of the straight razor, and he feeds on belief. That may be over the top for your DM though. Maybe divine rank 0.

Socratov
2015-05-28, 02:09 PM
Well, first off, you need something with Ijatsu focus and gnomish quickrazor. Not only does it fit thematically, but it also works to beef up the damage for our Punk God of the Straight Razor.

then, he needs something like pounce, or at least some sort of ability to allow him to move quicker then the eye can follow and hit several times before the target has any idea what is happening to him.

So, how about factotum, emulating a rogue's classfeatures. then what Eddie needs is Int, Dex and a metric craptop on inspiration points from Font of Inspiration (for extra standard actions).

That, or Eddie is basically Jack B Quick with a Gnomish Quickrazor. He goads enemies, and then NI attacks in retaliation later he insta kills someone...