PDA

View Full Version : Pimp my charisma check

Jowgen
2015-05-28, 08:23 AM
What it says on the tin. I'm looking for things that give bonuses on charisma checks. If it's also on charisma related checks, all the better. Items, feats, potions, or anything really works. :smallsmile:

Bronk
2015-05-28, 08:45 AM
Well, for items, the Luckstone (srd) gives a +1 luck bonus to ability checks, the Circlet of Persuasion (srd) gives a +3 competence bonus to charisma based checks, and the Admiral's Bicorne (stormwrack) grants a +5 unnamed bonus to charisma based checks.

Rubik
2015-05-28, 08:48 AM
The Nymph's Kiss feat provides a +2 to Cha checks and Cha skill checks, and a dip into marshal can double your Cha bonus to all Cha skills and checks.

khadgar567
2015-05-28, 08:50 AM
jowgen if you give us some more data about your pc then I can gladly help you to increase to max

Jowgen
2015-05-28, 09:07 AM
jowgen if you give us some more data about your pc then I can gladly help you to increase to max

Oh thank you, but no need really, I'm just toying with the idea of a mega-charismatic character :smallsmile:

Vrakk
2015-05-28, 06:15 PM
1 Level of Marshal

Gives Skill Focus Diplomacy for free.

Take Minor Aura - Motivate Charisma - add you Charisma Bonus to Charisma Checks and Charisma based skill checks.

Rubik
2015-05-28, 06:27 PM
a dip into marshal can double your Cha bonus to all Cha skills and checks....Huh. Why didn't I think of that? :smalltongue:

Twurps
2015-05-30, 03:10 PM
Tattooed Monk (CW) has the bellflower tattoo that gives CHA-mod to CHA.
downsides: rounds per level duration, and it's an enhancement bonus. So unless you have a pretty rediculous CHA to begin with, magic items can do better.

Frostthehero
2015-05-30, 03:19 PM
I assume this was already taken into account, but I'm going to say it anyway. Tome of leadership and influence +5, all bonuses into charisma for leveling up, and a cloak of charisma +6

Ettina
2015-05-30, 08:40 PM
Do you mean items, templates, races, class levels, or what?

2015-05-31, 01:40 AM
Find a way to have a swarm of some kind with you at all times. Take the Dark Speech feat from Elder Evils. Turn your continuous swarm ally into a hivemind. Technically, even if they only have a single HD (and they should have more than that), their Intelligence/Charisma should be in the 200 range, giving them full ranks in every skills, a bunch of languages (via Speak Language), and a +190 Int/Cha mod. Also, they have about 200 bonus feats per HD and cast spells as a Sorcerer of roughly level 185, on top of those ridiculous skill totals. All in all, their total bonus should be somewhere in the neighborhood of +200 or so for every Int/Cha skill (from ranks, Skill Focus, double skill feats, synergy bonuses, and so on). Add more swarms for more ridiculous numbers; the base creature's Charisma increases by 1 for every 50 creatures beyond the first 150, so adding more swarms makes that Cha 200 skyrocket.

Twurps
2015-05-31, 03:27 AM
cool swarm stuff....

Or forget everything we said, and take it to pun-pun level swarm style. :)
(really liked that swarm sorcerer build btw AvatarVecna)

SinsI
2015-05-31, 04:35 AM
Ten levels of Chameleon PRC give a +6 Insight bonus to any ability score...

Twurps
2015-05-31, 05:16 AM
-Be a Gloura (underdark). 7monster HD and +2LA, but it nets +6 to cha.
-Add a +0LA template like spellscale
-Do both

2015-05-31, 08:42 AM
Or forget everything we said, and take it to pun-pun level swarm style. :)
(really liked that swarm sorcerer build btw AvatarVecna)

When the only way to upgrade a TO trick is to go full Pun-Pun, you know you're doing something wrong right awesome.

And yeah, it was fun to make; I'm hoping it'll be even more fun to play, although I'm starting to get worried that I never will...

Hiro Quester
2015-05-31, 09:45 AM
Fire Souled is an acquired template from dragon 314 (I think) that adds +4 untyped bonus to charisma, as well as adding fire subtype, leadership feat, haste self 1/day, and a few other things. LA +3.