PDA

View Full Version : GiTP regulars as Paragon Paths and Epic Desitines

rafet
2015-05-28, 09:52 AM
I've been seeing the 3.5 thread with these regular's posts, so I thought why not do some over here in the 4e thread. Being a "regular" need not have a definition.

Give permissions, and create away!

Permission granted:

Dimers
2015-06-01, 02:25 PM
I'm happy to be a subject for this. And I'm hoping Tegu8788 gives the thumbs-up!

Who else do we have for regulars? Yakk, neonchameleon, masteraleph, Kurald Galain, Nightgaun7, NecroRebel, georgie_leech, TurboGhast, Grey_Wolf_c, Dire_Stirge, laserlight, its_all_ogre ...

Haven't seen much recently from obryn, tcrudisi, GPuzzle, Surrealistik, MeeposFire or Necroticplague. But I bet some of 'em are around.

Kurald Galain
2015-06-01, 03:43 PM
Kurald Galain...

Yay!

Ok, go for it :smallsmile:

YossarianLives
2015-06-01, 06:46 PM
I give my permission!

I'll homebrew some later but I'm a bit busy today.

georgie_leech
2015-06-01, 06:51 PM
I count as a regular? Neat :smallredface:

I hereby give permission etc. I'll poke at this and submit something if anything pans out.

Lord Raziere
2015-06-01, 07:34 PM
what, I'm not a regular? I've been here for years.

but yeah, permission granted.

Tegu8788
2015-06-01, 11:08 PM
What, exactly, would this be? A PP or an ED based off our play style or personality? If so, I'd be down for it. And I'm pretty sure I know what it would be.

True hybrid.
Prerequisite: Hybrid character with a multiclass feat
Take your multiclass feat, and replace it with the hybrid class features. You choose two of the three classes for HP advancement. Retrain the MC feat for an additional Hybrid Talent feat.

Or something similar. Somehow with any experience above lvl 5 will likely do better.

Dimers
2015-06-02, 07:13 PM
Not a lot of time and brainpower to expend right now, but I'll get a couple things started ...

For Kurald's wisdom that it's better to do 20 damage now than think for a few minutes and do 23 damage, the 11th-level benefit of the Kurald of Galains paragon path is this: If you declare your action with a delay of less than 20 seconds of real time, you gain a +3 bonus to one damage roll this round. This bonus increases to +4 at 16th level, +5 at 21st level and +6 at 26th level.

The Tegu Eighties paragon path requires bard, warlock and paladin classes. If a Tegu Eighties character spends an action point to take an extra action, either before or after that action, he may place his Warlock's Curse on one enemy, impose his divine sanction on one enemy until the end of his next turn, and give one ally a +2 power bonus to her next attack roll. If the character does not otherwise have a Warlock's Curse, they can use the ability of that name once per encounter.

At 11th level, a Tegu Eighties gains either Hybrid Talent -- even if he already has it -- or one multiclass feat he qualifies for. Instead of gaining a predetermined encounter power at 11th level, he chooses a bard, paladin or warlock encounter power of 7th or lower level; it may not be from the same class as the bonus feat chosen.

tcrudisi
2015-06-05, 10:50 PM
I'm happy to be a subject for this. And I'm hoping Tegu8788 gives the thumbs-up!

Who else do we have for regulars? Yakk, neonchameleon, masteraleph, Kurald Galain, Nightgaun7, NecroRebel, georgie_leech, TurboGhast, Grey_Wolf_c, Dire_Stirge, laserlight, its_all_ogre ...

Haven't seen much recently from obryn, tcrudisi, GPuzzle, Surrealistik, MeeposFire or Necroticplague. But I bet some of 'em are around.

I'm around, just haven't had much reason to reply. Though I somehow missed this thread. :smalleek:

137beth
2015-06-06, 01:04 AM
Eh, sure, I'll give my permission.

Laserlight
2015-06-07, 12:12 AM

"Regular" sounds too Lawful for me, but sure, persimmon granted.

Nightgaun7
2015-06-07, 10:29 AM
Anything brewed up for me should involve bears and paladins.

"Were-Paladin: When you spend an action point, your character class becomes Paladin until the next evening."

"The Bear Within: Your character begins to feel increasingly ursine. He gains +2 STR and +2 CON and a bite attack, but feels increasingly inclined to have long naps in caves and eat salmon"

Laserlight
2015-06-07, 01:06 PM
"Were-Paladin: When you spend an action point, your character class becomes Paladin until the next evening."

"Whether you want it to or not."

"The Bear Within: Your character begins to feel increasingly ursine. He gains +2 STR and +2 CON and a bite attack, but feels increasingly inclined to have long naps in caves and eat salmon"

"Narcolepsy while within a cave" might be a bit problematic for dungeon delvers...

rafet
2015-06-08, 09:17 AM
Wow, this took off right as I headed into a cave for a week figuring out my employment situation. I'll be back like permissions and anwser questions after I'm back from my interview.

Laserlight
2015-06-08, 09:45 AM
Here's a first attempt, without benefit of caffeine:

Prerequisite: Leader class

Path Features:
L11 feature Artillery Prep Fire: When you make a ranged attack on a non-adjacent enemy, your allies gain a +1 on Melee attacks against that enemy until the end of your next turn.

L11 feature Tactical Correction: When you spend an action point, as a free action you may shift each of your allies within 10 spaces by 1 space, even in terrain that would not ordinarily allow a shift.

L11 attack: Ranged, 3W+stat, and an ally adjacent to the target makes a free basic attack.

L12 Utility: Sales Technique: Encounter: Add 10 to your next Bluff roll

L16 feature Expose Flawed Logic: allies within 10 who can hear you gain +2 to save vs Psychic/Dominate/Illusion

L20 Daily attack Horrible Pun: Minor, Close Blast 5, Target: All Creatures. Effect: Stunned, Save Ends. Allies get a saving throw vs this effect at the beginning of their first turn after you use this attack, in addition to their normal save attempts.

GPuzzle
2015-06-11, 06:08 PM
Sorry for being a bit late, but this is interesting! A bit rusty, but I did manage to come up with a concept.

Prerequesite: Any Defender Class

Level 11 Feature: Puzzling Movement: Units you apply forced movement on suffer -2 to attack until the end of the next turn. All forced movement you apply is increased by +1.

Level 11 Action Point: Actions of the Puzzle: Upon using an Action Point, you gain an extra use of an Immediate Action.

Level 16 Feature: Puzzle of the Mind: Choose two weapons. Those two weapons are your Mind Weapons, you gain proficiency with the two of them, and they may be used interchangebly for the purpose of feats (for example, a player that chooses a Craghammer and a Glaive can use Polearm Momentum and Heavy Blade Opportunity while using the Craghammer) and powers. In case you chose the Arena Fighter variation of the Fighter Class, you choose a third weapon that can also work for the initial Arena Weapons (so you can go Craghammer-Glaive-Gouge, you can use the Craghammer and feats that require Hammers, Axes, Swords, Polearms and Spears will be useable while wielding your Craghammer).

Level 11 Attacking Power: A Thousand Methods: Primal, Arcane, Divine, Psionic, Martial. Melee Weapon.
+STR, CON, INT or CHA vs AC.

+1[W]+STR, CON, INT or CHA, and you mark the enemy with the Mark of a Thousand Techniques. Until the end of your next turn, you choose one of the options below, during the enemy phase, as a Free Action:

- Attack the enemy with a Melee Basic Attack with a STR modifier bonus to hit when the enemy attempts to shift from an adjacent square, as well as proning him.

- Shift your CON modifier squares to a square adjacent to the enemy marked by the Mark of a Thousand Techniques, and have it redirect the attack to you, then shift your CON modifier squares to a square adjacent to another enemy that is also marked.

- Reduced the enemy's speed by INT squares.

- Reduce the enemy's damage by your CHA modifier and provide the ally the enemy attacked with twice your CHA modifier in THP.

- Assume the Movement of the Thousand Techniques, and gain a +2 bonus to all defenses for every enemy adjacent to you.

Level 12 Utility Power: Stance of the Thousand Techniques. Primal, Arcane, Divine, Psionic, Martial. Stance. Daily.

You activate the Stance of the Thousand Techniques.To activate it, you must expend a healing surge. During it, you recieve the following bonuses:

- Every time you reduce an enemy's damage, recieve THP equal to how much damage you reduced.

- Upon reaching bloodied level, you may use your Second Wind as a free action, and recieve that value in THP.

- Every enemy adjacent to you suffers 1[W] Damage.

- Every tile within 2 squares of you is difficult terrain.

- Shifts become teleports.

Level 20 Ability: The Thousandth and First Technique: Choose a Daily of any Defender class of level 19 or lower. You may use that attack, and you may use any of STR, CON, INT or CHA to attack with it.

Surrealistik
2015-06-19, 01:11 AM
Sounds fun; wouldn't mind being done.

khadgar567
2015-06-19, 09:19 AM
kids Do not try this at home you don't want neopheonix or loyalpaladin hear it so bye

georgie_leech
2015-06-20, 04:01 PM
Apologies, real life is getting in the way and I don't have the time or energy to properly home brew right now. I'm going to have to withdraw for now.

Incidentally, the point in the 3.5 threads was to home brew someone else as a weapon or spell or what have you. Sort of a 'what reputation do I have on the forums' kinda thing.

Tegu8788
2015-06-21, 08:08 PM
So, I shouldn't have done this then...

"I've walked the road less traveled, and seen it all."

Prerequisite: Hybrid character with a multiclass feat.

You are a versatile character, having learnt many disciplines. Most focus on a single goal, walk one path in their life. But you have walked more than one road, and you are stronger for it. Many become distracted trying to juggle so many teachers, but you have become a master.
Jack of Trades, Master of None is a phrase you have heard often, but it no longer holds true. You are a master, not of one limited technique, but like a stable stool, you stand solidly on three legs. As a Student of Many Paths, you are flexible, always having something on hand to handle anything you come across. Your life is an unusual one, but now you can combine all that you are to face the challenges of the world.

CLASS FEATURES
Third Leg of the Journey (11th level): Take your multiclass class, and gain the hybrid class features for that class.
Retrain the MC feat for an additional Hybrid Talent feat, and retrain powers so you have one encounter, one daily, and one utility from each class.
You choose two of the three classes for HP advancement and total surges.
Gain weapon/implement proficiencies from your third class.

Bringing it All Together (11th level): When you spend an Action Point, you can ignore the class restrictions on class features until the end of your next turn. All other restrictions still apply.

Master of Many Paths (12th level): Gain the class bonus to defenses from your third class.
Gain training in two more skills from the skill list from all three classes.
Gain a Level 1 At-Will attack power from your third class. If that class has special rules when gaining at-will powers at Level 1, follow those rules.

See What Else I Can Do (16th level): Gain an additional Hybrid Talent feat.

Level 11 encounter attack: Gain one encounter power from any of your classes of your level or lower.
Level 12 utility: Gain one utility power from any of your classes of your level or lower.
Level 20 daily attack: Gain one daily power from any of your classes of your level or lower or gain an additional Level 1 at-will power if the class does not have daily powers.

Nightgaun7
2015-06-22, 12:23 AM
So, I shouldn't have done this then...

"I've walked the road less traveled, and seen it all."

Prerequisite: Hybrid character with a multiclass feat.

You are a versatile character, having learnt many disciplines. Most focus on a single goal, walk one path in their life. But you have walked more than one road, and you are stronger for it. Many become distracted trying to juggle so many teachers, but you have become a master.
Jack of Trades, Master of None is a phrase you have heard often, but it no longer holds true. You are a master, not of one limited technique, but like a stable stool, you stand solidly on three legs. As a Student of Many Paths, you are flexible, always having something on hand to handle anything you come across. Your life is an unusual one, but now you can combine all that you are to face the challenges of the world.

CLASS FEATURES
Third Leg of the Journey (11th level): Take your multiclass class, and gain the hybrid class features for that class.
Retrain the MC feat for an additional Hybrid Talent feat, and retrain powers so you have one encounter, one daily, and one utility from each class.
You choose two of the three classes for HP advancement and total surges.
Gain weapon/implement proficiencies from your third class.

Bringing it All Together (11th level): When you spend an Action Point, you can ignore the class restrictions on class features until the end of your next turn. All other restrictions still apply.

Master of Many Paths (12th level): Gain the class bonus to defenses from your third class.
Gain training in two more skills from the skill list from all three classes.
Gain a Level 1 At-Will attack power from your third class. If that class has special rules when gaining at-will powers at Level 1, follow those rules.

See What Else I Can Do (16th level): Gain an additional Hybrid Talent feat.

Level 11 encounter attack: Gain one encounter power from any of your classes of your level or lower.
Level 12 utility: Gain one utility power from any of your classes of your level or lower.
Level 20 daily attack: Gain one daily power from any of your classes of your level or lower or gain an additional Level 1 at-will power if the class does not have daily powers.

Seems pretty solid, I'd give it a whirl in an actual game or allow it as a GM.

Kurald Galain
2015-06-22, 04:33 AM
Here's one that applies to several of us, you know who you are.

Rules Lawyer paragon path

I Know Its Weakness! When you spend an action point to make an attack, that attack ignores all resistances and the insubstantial condition. If any of the creatures targeted by this attack are vulnerable to certain kinds of damage, the attack gains the keyword corresponding to the highest vulnerability.
Wait, Let Me Look That Up. When you are higher in initiative to one or more enemies and you delay your turn until after them, you get a +3 bonus to attack rolls against these enemies until the end of your turn.

Actually, That Doesn't Work. (level 11, immediate interrupt, encounter arcane weapon implement)
You take out your rulebooks and frustrate your DM by showing why this particular power doesn't work the way he thinks it does.
Trigger: You are hit or missed by an attack.
Attack: Your highest ability vs. the attacking enemy's lowest defense
Hit: 2d10 damage of the type of your choice, and the enemy's attack doesn't affect you.

I'm Immune To That. (level 12, free action, daily martial)
Your build cleverly exploits some rules that prevents mere enemies to hamper you.
Trigger: Whenever you feel like it. You may use this power even when a condition (such as dazed or dying) would prevent you from taking actions.
Effect: Immediately end one or two conditions affecting you.

Obscure Loophole. For the feat you gain at level 16, you may ignore any prerequisites this feat has.

Metagame (level 20, minor action, daily divine)
Although the DM tried to surprise you, you have already planned for this occasion, and possess just the right tool for the job. Just as always.
Target: One enemy, range 50.
Effect: The DM must show you this enemy's statblock. Then, name one item that has a level no higher than your level, but not a rare item or artifact. You may stow any weapon or shield as a free action; then you may draw this item as a free action, even if you don't actually possess the item. At the end of the encounter, the item disappears.

Laserlight
2015-06-22, 09:30 PM
Here's one that applies to several of us, you know who you are..

Ah, yes.
One of my buddies once got a signed certificate from the designer/publisher of the game I was running:

This Certificate may be redeemed at any time by The Bearer, for one (1) free save, escape from peril, get-away-just-in-time-from-certain-death, release from curses, and otherwise shall not suffer fromo getting nuked, blown up, shot, stabbed, trampled by sheep, grenaded, cut, drowned, burned, run over, dropped from great height, enchanted, exploded, crushed, pierced, flooded, collapsed, erased, deleted, or drained of soul. Valid at any time.

So he survived the exploding volcano, and I framed the certificate and have had it on my desk ever since.