PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Warforged (Mercenaries) IC

RFLS
2015-05-28, 03:00 PM
Rise of the Warforged

You've been hired to protect a research laboratory on the outskirts of one of the major cities of Rayunta. It's filled with scientists and warforged, trying to determine the origin of the latter. Some unknown group has been targeting warforged recently, leaving massive destruction in its wake. They've swept across the continent in a wave, and this facility is the next clear target. The group has been employing horrifying biollurgical constructs alongside mages of considerable prowess and an impressive core of magitech templar shock troopers. They have no known political or economic affiliations, and have been brutally efficient in their mission.

As you near the lab, signs of a large group heading the same direction become more and more apparent, and then you come to the fence guarding the compound - with a large, smoking hole burned clean through it. Nearly a hundred yards from you, the doors of the facility lie blasted open, and the sounds of destruction echo out towards you.

stack
2015-05-29, 09:43 PM
Doc chambers a round as he surveys the scene. He thinks to the others, Stay sharp, looks like this will get interesting.

A protective ward can be felt, spreading over the mental link.usuing telepathy to communicate, manifesting vigor, using spirit of many to pass out 5 THP to everyone else.

Morbis Meh
2015-05-31, 08:54 PM
D-31 moves cautiously towards the designated located and scans the immediate area "Assessing field situation..... situation volatile, initiating combat protocol sigma 5 beta; primary objective to locate and protect survivors then extract them to a safe location. Secondary objective: apprehend member of opposition for interrogation and neutralize any hostile beings with sufficient force." A whirling sound begins to emit from the combat prototype before she enters into a readied stance and regards her companions in her dull monotone voice "I calculate a 0.15% chance of peaceful resolution to this encounter thus I can ascertain that it is in the best interest of our clients that we do not delay any further thus proceeding into the fray with as much speed as we can manage without increasing chances of bodily harm to ourselves. Are we in accordance with one another?"

Perception to notice anything specific about the layout or spot any stragglers [roll0]

She will also enter into Battle Dragon stance thus her initiative is +12...

Vhaidara
2015-06-01, 06:53 AM
Forge, the Elemental Conflux

Forge nods to the others.
"As much as I hate violence, I have to agree with your assessment. Peace is unlikely to be an option here, so we had best prepare for battle."
He rapidly recenters himself, feeling out the pulse of the air around him.

Switch active element to Air, due to Elemental Flux Stance this gives me +4 to Reflex and Initiative
Perception: [roll0]

Deathkeeper
2015-06-01, 10:13 PM
Mist sighs. He draws his rapier before he says another word.
"I think I could count on my hands the number of times diplomacy has actually worked in situations like this. Let's just go before everyone's dead and we're just mopping up the bad guys." he says, striding forward with the others, though not actually going ahead of them unless he's actually told to go and lead.