PDA

View Full Version : Horrific Shadow Elemental?

Blueiji
2015-05-28, 05:52 PM
Hey there everyone, a player of mine is using a homebrew class and one of the spells the class has access to summons a creature called a "horrific shadow elemental".

After some searching, I couldn't find which sourcebook contains either the shadow elemental or the horrific template (at least I assume it's a template).

Anyone know where these two items are from? I'm assuming they're real since the homebrewer didn't write up stats for them and besides this the homebrew in question is of very high quality.

torrasque666
2015-05-28, 05:55 PM
Shadow Elemental is from the Tome of Magic, page 164. Dunno about Horrific template though.

Bronk
2015-05-28, 08:13 PM
Anyone know where these two items are from? I'm assuming they're real since the homebrewer didn't write up stats for them and besides this the homebrew in question is of very high quality.

Well, if you really like this homebrew class, I'm afraid you're going to have to either figure out where it came from (and what it's called) and look there, or else make the stats for this creature yourself.

Necroticplague
2015-05-28, 08:15 PM
If you provide us a link to the homebrew, we might be able to dissect the RAW to produce a more reasonable ruling than requiring a template that doesn't exist.

Blueiji
2015-05-29, 11:38 AM
Shadow Elemental is from the Tome of Magic, page 164. Dunno about Horrific template though.

Thank you! I knew I had to just have been being dense. :smallbiggrin:

If you provide us a link to the homebrew, we might be able to dissect the RAW to produce a more reasonable ruling than requiring a template that doesn't exist.

The homebrew is the remixed Shadowcaster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?353464-Shadowcaster-Remix) by our very own Jiriku. Specifically it's the "Stuff of Nightmares" mystery which is on this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?353505-Very-Mysterious-A-compilation-of-mysteries) page.

Eldaran
2015-05-29, 11:57 AM
I remember that mystery from the original Descent of Shadows and it used the Pseudonatural template from Complete Arcane... But you could just PM jiriku to find out what he intended.

Blueiji
2015-06-01, 12:16 AM
I remember that mystery from the original Descent of Shadows and it used the Pseudonatural template from Complete Arcane... But you could just PM jiriku to find out what he intended.

I think I'll do just that, thank you.