PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the Right Druid PrC

darkzucchini
2007-04-22, 05:16 PM
So right now I'm playing a half-orcish druid/rogue in an eberron campaign setting and I'm looking for the right PrC for my character concept.

My character, Imsh, comes from a Gatekeeper druidic order but has since left his community to wander the world and hunt down abberations. Since I am a wanderer, a class that deals with with one environment wouldn't fit and becuase I am a Gatekeeper druid I tend to do a lot of casting, making it so that a class like a shifter doesn't fit quite right.

As for the nitty-gritty, Imsh is true neutral. He has 1 level in druid and 2 in rogue at the moment but I plan on maxining rogue out at 3 and focusing on druid after that. My stats are: Str:16 Dex:14 Con:16 Int:12 Wis:17 Cha:9. My skills are: Concentratiopn:4 Diplomacy:3 Heal:4 Hide:5 Knowledge: Geography:6 Knowledge: Nature:4 Move Silently:5 Sense Motive:5 Survival:4 Swim:2 and 2 unspent skill points. There are more skills points in there then I should normally be able to have because we are using a homebrewed skill system. My feats are: Tracking and Gatekeeper Initiate.

I would like to take a PrC ASAP so I don't get hit too hard by the SP penalties for multiclassing.

Thanks in advance for helping me out.:smallwink:

kamikasei
2007-04-22, 05:19 PM
Are you actually going to be fighting aberrations much, and do you have access to Lords of Madness? There are classes in that designed for aberration-hunters - I believe one is specifically for druids.

For that matter, what books do you have access to?

ZeroNumerous
2007-04-22, 05:20 PM
If you don't care about the spellcasting(which you don't seem to given the level(s) in rogue), then Master of Many Forms(CWar) is great for druids who like their wildshape.

Foolosophy
2007-04-22, 05:27 PM
in complete adventurer there is the daggerspell shaper or something like that, a prc designed for druid-rogue multiclass characters

darkzucchini
2007-04-22, 05:31 PM
Are you actually going to be fighting aberrations much, and do you have access to Lords of Madness? There are classes in that designed for aberration-hunters - I believe one is specifically for druids.

For that matter, what books do you have access to?

I don't know how many abberations we will be fight, but the DM is a good guy who says he wants to build adventures around the characters so hopefully there will be a few thrown in there. I don't, however, have Lords of Madness, could you provide the name of the PrC so that I can try googling it?

As for books that I have access to, its a lot. Too many to list off, but there just aren't many druid PrCs to be found. Nothing in Masters of the Wild, Complete Divine or Complete Adventure feels right.

kamikasei
2007-04-22, 05:43 PM
I don't know how many abberations we will be fight, but the DM is a good guy who says he wants to build adventures around the characters so hopefully there will be a few thrown in there. I don't, however, have Lords of Madness, could you provide the name of the PrC so that I can try googling it?

As for books that I have access to, its a lot. Too many to list off, but there just aren't many druid PrCs to be found. Nothing in Masters of the Wild, Complete Divine or Complete Adventure feels right.

It's the Abolisher PrC I'm thinking of. The only requirement you don't satisfy is four ranks in Knowledge (dungeoneering), which it'd be good to have anyway if you'll face aberrations. Nine ranks in Knowledge (nature), too, but that's easily obtained. You'll get 8/10ths spellcasting and continue to receive extra uses of wild shape per day, as well as Favored Enemy (aberrations). At a glance it's not a bad class, but others may assess it differently who have more experience.

darkzucchini
2007-04-22, 05:55 PM
in complete adventurer there is the daggerspell shaper or something like that, a prc designed for druid-rogue multiclass characters

Hmm didn't notice that bofore, looks very promising. Thanks.

It's the Abolisher PrC I'm thinking of. The only requirement you don't satisfy is four ranks in Knowledge (dungeoneering), which it'd be good to have anyway if you'll face aberrations. Nine ranks in Knowledge (nature), too, but that's easily obtained. You'll get 8/10ths spellcasting and continue to receive extra uses of wild shape per day, as well as Favored Enemy (aberrations). At a glance it's not a bad class, but others may assess it differently who have more experience.

Thanks. That sounds fitting. I could probably get around the the Knowledg: Dungeoneering pitfall because Gatekeeper Iniciate gives me Knowledge: The Planes as a class skill and allows me to use that for identifying Aberations rather than duneoneering. I could probably haggle it out with my DM.

Hario
2007-04-22, 09:16 PM
Druids really don't need to PrC seeing as they get so many good class abilities, but if you want to stay in the flavor of eberron and be a very good spellcaster and more powerful than you are, you can take the Planar Shephard from Magic of eberron you choose a plane of eberron and don't really lose anything in comparison of regular druid, but eventually you can planeshift and summon the plane into this one and never suffer under any negative effects of the plane, and can take the spell like abilities and wild shape into the creatures of the planes. If you want to know more about it, there is a handbook in the forum of WoTC