PDA

View Full Version : 5e Atlantis IC

DragonBones
2015-05-29, 08:14 AM
Not long ago you received a message from a royal messenger, calling you to meet King Minos himself. Perhaps it is talk of your good deeds, that has called you to his presence, or tales of infamy. Regardless, you hurry to the royal meeting, and upon arrival in the palace, you walk through a grand courtyard with glorious statues of heroes of legend guarding the exits. You walk through into the main hallway, where a servant greets you and beckons you to follow him. As you arrive in the king's great hall, you see 5 others that are also there in addition to the king and his entourage. King Minos sits solemnly on his throne, gazing into the distance, as a short, stubby, richly dressed man begins to speak.

"Greetings, heroes. You have been called here because there is a crisis in our great city of Atlantis. You have been chosen as those who are most likely to be able to deal with this threat, without endangering our greatest warriors. A few days ago, something strange happened at the Temple of Athena, they began to stop praying to the goddess, we still don't fully know why. All we know is that only one of the many messengers we sent has returned, he reported a temple full of statues in contorted expressions of pain, and a host of monstrosities. We need you to..."

Suddenly a guard bursts through the door, panting, "Sir, there's an attack in the courtyard!" he shouts, before resting against a wall and breathing heavily. In desperation the king himself now speaks aloud:

"Please, adventurers, you must protect the palace, and then find out what happened to Medusa and the temple's priestesses, and slay whatever monstrosities are preventing the goddess from speaking to us. Even Poseidon grows angry as earthquakes shake the southern city. Please, you must put a stop to this."

Wartex1
2015-05-29, 09:37 AM
"We should go at once!" Khalkanthros' unnatural voice commanded as he turned to the others.

Estralita
2015-05-29, 11:11 AM
Phoebe nodded and let her hand drop to her blade. While fighting in cities was not the sort of thing she did often, the people and creatures living there should be protected from unnatural monstrosities, same as any other.

Dallahan
2015-05-29, 12:09 PM
Indeed, there is little time to waste.
Atharis unstrapped his spear and shield. Whatever was threatening the city threatened his research here. Furthermore if the crisis here grew out of control he would have nowhere to hide from the Necropolis Guard of Thebes.

n0ble
2015-05-29, 12:53 PM
"Fine" Brassidus speaks, turning to leave while simultaneously unsoldering his arbalest from his back. He rams a bolt into the firing mechanism before turning to Khalkanthros "But don't tell me what to do."

DragonBones
2015-05-29, 03:22 PM
As you head back through the main hall and in to the courtyard, you notice suddenly that there are a lot more statues than normal. A group of statues form a phalanx-style formation blocking your view of most of the courtyard, but through the gaps you can see more statues, of servants, nobles, and other visitors. One or two corpses lie on the ground, bitten on the leg. You hear a soft hissing as you approach the courtyard, although while your vision is obscured by the group of guard statues.

I'm going to roll initiative for you all.

Wartex1
2015-05-29, 03:43 PM
"Should we hold position or advance?" The automaton grabbed its shield and longsword. "Where are they?"

[roll0]

DragonBones
2015-05-29, 03:49 PM
Khalkanthros: You hear hissing, and you think it comes from multiple directions, towards the edge of the courtyard.

Khalkanthros: [roll0]
Atharis: [roll1]
Pyrrhus: [roll2]
Manto: [roll3]
Phoebe: [roll4]
Brassidus: [roll5]
?1: [roll6]
?2: [roll7]
?3: [roll]1d20-1[roll]
Try to act in order of Initiative, but you can declare your actions when it is not your round in initiative yet.

Dallahan
2015-05-29, 04:43 PM
I recommend that we hold our position at the gate. We do not know the enemies strength and I believe that we it would be to our advantage to hold a choke point.
Atharis glances about the courtyard searching for the enemy.

[roll]1d20+4

n0ble
2015-05-29, 05:36 PM
"I agree with the Theban, what manner of beast do I face on this day?!" he bellows, partially a challenge, partially a yell at the servants beyond the phalanx of statues. He readies his crossbow and points it beyond the statues to the courtyard. Wait. Medusa. Phalanxes. These stautes might be former palace guardsmen. he says aloud to no one in particular.

1d20+5

Estralita
2015-05-29, 06:05 PM
Phoebe bit her lip. She wasn't one for patience most of the time, and having to stand around waiting. But she did have something to do in the meantime...

Spending one use of Divine Sense to detect unnatural creatures and holy or unholy ground withing 60 ft.

DragonBones
2015-05-30, 02:02 PM
Atharis: You hear hissing from multiple directions, but you can't tell from where.
Brassidus: You hear hissing from multiple directions, perhaps three distinct hisses in all, from around the edge of the courtyard.
Phoebe: [roll0] You hear hissing from multiple directions, from around the edge of the courtyard, and spot three signs of movement, two at the edge of the courtyard, and one from right behind the statues of guards. Your divine sense does not pick up any undead, fiends, or celestials, nor any hallowed or desecrated places.

Rokku
2015-05-30, 03:21 PM
Manto grinned widely as she followed the others out into the courtyard. Talk was cheap. Action was... well, everything.

"Come and face us, cowards," she bellowed, "the daughter of Heracles would give you the gift of battle!"

She watched for a response, ready to pounce on the first enemy to show itself.

Manto is Readying to attack the first enemy she sees. Perception because she's keeping an eye out. [roll0]

Estralita
2015-05-30, 04:29 PM
Phoebe gripped her sword tightly, ready to pounce. City or Forest, it seemed like there were always monsters to be hunted.

Also readying an attack vs the first enemy to show themselves in range

n0ble
2015-05-30, 07:50 PM
Brassidus exhales slightly, his muscles stiffening as he does. He places his finger on the trigger of his Arbalest, waiting to pincushion anything that may arrive.

Also also readying an attack action to shoot the first monster to come within range (100ft)

DragonBones
2015-06-01, 12:46 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]

Manto: As you prepare to attack with your staff ready, a hissing lizard-like creature leaps up at you, from behind the statues, but before it can attack you swing twice at it, missing the first time, but smashing it in the side of the face the second. The creature bites at you, dealing 13 piercing damage, and 7 poison damage.
Phoebe: Suddenly, a hissing lizard-like creature leaps at Manto, and you attack it, missing the first time, and hitting the second with your rapier.
Brassidus: Your weapon fires twice as a lizard-like creature leaps towards Manto, hitting once.
Everyone: At the start of each of your turns, you must now make a DC 12 saving throw or be restrained.

Caimheul
2015-06-01, 09:16 AM
"Well this is certainly an interesting sensation. It appears they turn those that gaze upon them to stone, I recommend averting your eyes and fighting blind," Pyrrhus states plainly as his reddish skin begins to take on a greyish hue and his joints begin to stiffen. He is just able to pluck a few string on his lyre while singing a few lines from a song about Pheidippides and his great endurance.

If that was a Con check, then Enhanced ability Constitution targeting Pyrrhus. If not I'll modify my post.

Wartex1
2015-06-01, 12:28 PM
OOC Notes: I assume that the Saving Throw is Strength since it's avoiding being Restrained.

"Stay back!" Khalkanthros shouted with a slight bit of timidness as he swung his longsword twice at the nearest monster.

Saving Throw [roll0]
Attack rolls: [roll1] [roll2]
Damage rolls: [roll3] [roll4]

Estralita
2015-06-01, 06:09 PM
Phoebe, seeing her ally struck, rushed forwards with increased fury, attacking wildly. You will slay no creature here,as long as I and my Goddess stand." Her Blade began to vibrate with pent up fury, the fury of Nature's Warrior.

What all that means is I'm casting Thunderous Smite with my Bonus Action.

Attack 1:[roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Thunderous Smite [roll4]

Rokku
2015-06-02, 12:56 AM
Manto struggles to avoid the lizard's strikes, but is feeling oddly sluggish. She strikes out with her staff and furious kicks, hoping to end it before it can cause further harm.

So restrained is: Movement=0. Advantage on attacks against you, disadvantage on attacks you make, and disadvantage on dex saving throws. Basically those of us who failed are Effed! But I will try anyway. Spending a Ki to Flurry of Blows. If either flurry attack hits, the thing has to make a DC 14 Dex save or be prone. So all these attacks are 2d20 taking the worst. Staff 1: 1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d8+4, Staff 2: 1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d8+4, Unarmed 1: 1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d6+4, Unarmed 2: 1d20+7; 1d20+7; 1d6+4

Dallahan
2015-06-02, 01:29 AM
Atharis heeds Pyrhuss's advice and quickly averts his eyes. As he does so he murmurs a prayer to the Lord of the Dead and draws fortitude from the underworld.
Taken at Atharis's initiative step. He casts Enhance ability constitution and averts his eyes to avoid taking the Con check.

n0ble
2015-06-02, 10:58 AM
Brassidus shrugs off the stiff feelings that occur when he looks at the creature. Not my time. Not yet. he quickly fires off two bolts at the farthest creature. Cutting off those that could flank them seemed like a pertinent strategy.

Firing off two crossbow bolts.
1: To hit [roll0]
Damage roll: [roll1]
Critical damage, if any: [roll2]

2:To hit [roll3]
Damage roll: [roll4]
Critical damage, if any: [roll5]