PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Metamagic Feat] Blasphemous Spell

Xuldarinar
2015-05-29, 02:27 PM
Blasphemous Spell [Metamagic]
-You have learned how to weave blasphemous words into the casting of your spells, the words themselves altering the nature of the spell such it is more potent against all save for the malevolent.
Prerequisites: Evil Alignment, Caster Level 5th, Charisma 13+
Benefit: Spells cast as blasphemies contain verbal components and possess the evil and sonic descriptors. Half of all energy damage dealt with a blasphemous spell is dealt as sonic damage. Additionally, good aligned targets must make a Will save against the spell, regardless to whether the spell allows a save or not, or become shaken for 1 round. If used in conjunction with a spell of the summoning subschool, any creature summoned is referred to as a Blasphemous creature, possessing the evil subtype regardless of its normal type and subtypes. Furthermore, attacks that deal energy damage used by the summoned monster are dealt half as sonic damage and half of their usual energy type, and creatures hit by attacks by the monster are forced to make a Will save or be shaken for 1 round.
Level Increase: +3

Metamagic Rod, Blasphemous
Aura strong (no school); CL 17th; Weight 5 lbs.
Price varies by specific type:

Lesser blasphemous metamagic rod 14,000 gp
Blasphemous metamagic rod 54,000 gp
Greater blasphemous metamagic rod 121,500 gp

DESCRIPTION
The wielder can cast up to three spells per day that are affected as though by the Blasphemous Spell feat.

CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS
Craft Rod, Blasphemous Spell

Cost varies by specific type:

Lesser blasphemous metamagic rod 7,000 gp
Blasphemous metamagic rod 27,000 gp
Greater blasphemous metamagic rod 60,750 gp

Blasphemous Mystery [Metashadow]
-You have learned how to weave blasphemous words into shadow, the words themselves altering the nature of the mystery such it is more potent against all save for the malevolent.
Prerequisites: Evil Alignment, Any two metashadow feats
Benefit: Once per day, you can cast a mystery as a blasphemy. Mysteries cast as blasphemies contain verbal components and possess the evil and sonic descriptors. Half of all energy damage dealt with a blasphemous mystery is dealt as sonic damage. Additionally, good aligned targets must make a Will save against the spell, regardless to whether the spell allows a save or not, or become shaken for 1 round. If used in conjunction with a mystery of the summoning subschool, or replicating the effect of a mystery of the summoning sub school, any creature summoned is referred to as a Blasphemous creature, possessing the evil subtype regardless of its normal type and subtypes. Furthermore, attacks that deal energy damage used by the summoned monster are dealt half as sonic damage and half of their usual energy type, and creatures hit by attacks by the monster are forced to make a Will save or be shaken for 1 round.
Special: You can take this feat up to four times. To take it a second time, you must have five metashadow feats. To take it a third time, you must have eight metashadow feats. To take it a fourth time, you must have eleven metashadow feats.

Metashadow Rod, Blasphemous
Aura strong (no school); CL 17th; Weight 5 lbs.
Price varies by specific type:

Lesser blasphemous metashadow rod 14,000 gp
Blasphemous metashadow rod 54,000 gp
Greater blasphemous metashadow rod 121,500 gp

DESCRIPTION
The wielder can cast up to three mysteries per day that are affected as though by the Blasphemous Mystery feat.

CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS
Craft Rod, Blasphemous Mystery

Cost varies by specific type:

Lesser blasphemous metashadow rod 7,000 gp
Blasphemous metashadow rod 27,000 gp
Greater blasphemous metashadow rod 60,750 gp

inuyasha
2015-05-30, 12:39 AM
Heh, you know the rules of your posts. I gotta show up at least once.

This is a pretty cool feat! The thing is that sonic is a powerful energy type, as nothing has resistance to it (pretty much that is), but this doesn't seem too powerful, so I'm thinking +2 or +3. If you want another effect, what if good aligned targets had to make a will save or be shaken for one round (whatever the least powerful fear category is anyway...)

As for prerequisites: Evil alignment, Caster Level 5+, Charisma 13+ (a strong personality to channel the blasphemy without it consuming them).

How's that?

Xuldarinar
2015-05-30, 02:28 AM
Heh, you know the rules of your posts. I gotta show up at least once.

This is a pretty cool feat! The thing is that sonic is a powerful energy type, as nothing has resistance to it (pretty much that is), but this doesn't seem too powerful, so I'm thinking +2 or +3. If you want another effect, what if good aligned targets had to make a will save or be shaken for one round (whatever the least powerful fear category is anyway...)

As for prerequisites: Evil alignment, Caster Level 5+, Charisma 13+ (a strong personality to channel the blasphemy without it consuming them).

How's that?

If it is something worth anything, you gotta show up at least once.

Im glad you like it, and I took your advice, almost verbatim. That, really finishes up that. I got the idea when I was thinking of making a whole new form of magic, akin to arcane and divine, referred to as blasphemy magic or blasphemous magic. The whole thing being it was magic derived from irreverence and knowledge of secrets the gods would prefer left unknown. Every time i'd type anything up for it though, I'd get writers block. So... this is something.

Xuldarinar
2015-05-30, 04:32 PM
Now a question regarding the feat above. If you used in conjunction with Summon Monster, what would happen? Would half of all energy damage done by the summoned creature be automatically sonic damage? Would good creatures be shaken with each eligible blow from it? Since "When you use a summoning spell to summon a creature with an alignment or elemental subtype, it is a spell of that type," does that work the other way and give the evil subtype to whatever summoned? ..If not I might just add some things to the feat..

Zaydos
2015-05-30, 08:40 PM
I'd say even with the shaken effect this is probably no more than a +2 metamagic.

As for the rule questions:

The first one is questionable, probably no. The second one is definitely no (they aren't targets of the spell, even if they are targets of the creature created by the spell). The third one, it should probably include a line about.

Xuldarinar
2015-05-30, 09:36 PM
I'd say even with the shaken effect this is probably no more than a +2 metamagic.

As for the rule questions:

The first one is questionable, probably no. The second one is definitely no (they aren't targets of the spell, even if they are targets of the creature created by the spell). The third one, it should probably include a line about.

Well, I suppose then: Should things be changed to increase it? If so, how?

Also, if those ideas should be added to it, would that increase the + or just make it more versatile?

Zaydos
2015-05-30, 09:40 PM
Well, I suppose then: Should things be changed to increase it? If so, how?

Also, if those ideas should be added to it, would that increase the + or just make it more versatile?

#1 would make it more versatile but not really powerful. #2 would make it more powerful... in theory, but would you ever use it to summon say a dog which can leave someone shaken with each bite and a low Will save to resist that or would you just summon a dire wolf? #3 just makes it cool.

Xuldarinar
2015-05-30, 11:28 PM
I've added it for summoning spells, if only for the potential of style points. The concept of summoning a blasphemous fire elemental, which would be a creature woven of equal parts fire and blasphemous secrets, was just too appealing.