PDA

View Full Version : Ways to get Turn Undead on a Druid

Blackhawk748
2015-05-29, 05:05 PM
As the title says i would like to get Turn Undead on a Druid preferably without just dipping Cleric, so a PrC is preferred. This is so i can enter Prestige Paladin via Druid. Thanks in advance

ComaVision
2015-05-29, 05:08 PM
Knight of the Raven

EDIT: I knew there was an ACF for it. Wild Reaper from Dragon Mag #311.

Blackhawk748
2015-05-29, 05:14 PM
Knight of the Raven

EDIT: I knew there was an ACF for it. Wild Reaper from Dragon Mag #311.

Thanks, but wow that is late, im thinking Knight of the Raven is better

ShurikVch
2015-05-29, 05:19 PM
As the title says i would like to get Turn Undead on a Druid preferably without just dipping Cleric, so a PrC is preferred.Sacred Exorcist PrC is classical way to get TU

This is so i can enter Prestige Paladin via Druid.Prestige Paladin required to be LG, and Druid can't be LG... Is it Prestige Sentinel (NG Paladin variant from Dragon #310)?

Curmudgeon
2015-05-29, 06:20 PM
Prestige Paladin required to be LG, and Druid can't be LG... Is it Prestige Sentinel (NG Paladin variant from Dragon #310)?
The DM would have to create a prestige class version of it. That seems like a fair amount of work for one character, so probably not going to happen.

Blackhawk748
2015-05-29, 06:22 PM
Sacred Exorcist PrC is classical way to get TU
Prestige Paladin required to be LG, and Druid can't be LG... Is it Prestige Sentinel (NG Paladin variant from Dragon #310)?

Id probably just bounce to LG, then go back to LN afterwards, not that hard of a flip honestly.

Curmudgeon
2015-05-29, 06:35 PM
Id probably just bounce to LG, then go back to LN afterwards, not that hard of a flip honestly.
It's actually a fatal flip, both ways. You'd be sacrificing all your Druid abilities while in Prestige Paladin.
Ex-Druids

A druid who ceases to revere nature, changes to a prohibited alignment, or teaches the Druidic language to a nondruid loses all spells and druid abilities (including her animal companion, but not including weapon, armor, and shield proficiencies). Because the Prestige Paladin advances existing (Druid) spellcasting, you wouldn't have any spellcasting at all. And the Prestige Paladin loses all abilities if you ever cease to be LG, same as for the standard Paladin.

Blackhawk748
2015-05-29, 06:37 PM
It's actually a fatal flip, both ways. You'd be sacrificing all your Druid abilities while in Prestige Paladin. Because the Prestige Paladin advances existing (Druid) spellcasting, you wouldn't have any spellcasting at all. And the Prestige Paladin loses all abilities if you ever cease to be LG, same as for the standard Paladin.

Hmmm, well i guess i need to be a prestige Sentinel

Bronk
2015-05-29, 06:55 PM
Hmm, the Prestige Paladin's requirements are 'Ability to Turn Undead', without any qualifiers.

You might be able to convince your DM that you can use the second level druid spell 'bone talisman' to qualify.

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040721a

Of course, you wouldn't gain any of the other benefits of having actual 'turn undead' uses.

Darrin
2015-05-29, 11:13 PM
Magical Training/Southern Magician + Necromantic Bloodline + Kin Mastery will do it in three feats.

God-Touched + Divine Channeler (Dragon #305) will do it in two feats.

Planar Touchstone -> Catalogues of Enlightenment -> Sun domain from the Dragonlance Campaign Setting will do it in one feat (along with a Planar Druid Substitution level), but rules-wise it's pretty dubious.

Shroudcrown (113600 GP, PGtF) gives it to you as a magic item.

If you're looking for a PrC to dip (other than Sacred Exorcist), Soldier of Light 1 (Deities & Demigods) will do it, although you have to be NG and presumably would lose that ability if you switched to LG.

If you don't want to lose caster levels... try Holt Warden 2 to pick up rebuke plants, then Contemplative to grab the non-Dragonlance Sun domain. This allows you to turn one of your rebuke plants into a Greater Turn Undead. Kinda sketchy, though.