PDA

View Full Version : Roy's survival

Hiest, monkey
2007-04-22, 08:48 PM
The giant probably will not kill roy just yet. Why? because in the past when he killed someone he did it the moment their life was threatened, Samanthat, her dad, the police chief, shojo, etc. But when they live, ex belkar-miko, elan after nale's stab, haley after Samantha's beating, feel free to add other cases. But when the characters live he stretches it over a cliffhanger to build up tension. I now am drfting away from my former, "Roy is doomed" thoughts. So far the Giant has done exactly the opposite of my posts, so I am trying to kill off roy. :smalltongue:

Demi-God
2007-04-22, 08:51 PM
Of course Roy is going to die. He has been doommed for the longest time, and ther is no othr way he can live. Cuz v is 2 busy 2 cast feather fall.

EvilElitest
2007-04-22, 09:07 PM
you forget his booty call
from,
EE

jindra34
2007-04-22, 09:08 PM
you forget his booty call
from,
EE

and like ten other variables...

GoC
2007-04-22, 09:08 PM
Die Roy! DIE!

TroyXavier
2007-04-22, 09:38 PM
Bite it, Roy. Then get ressurected later.

Baalzebub
2007-04-22, 09:49 PM
He'll die, but a useful Resurrection spell will bring him back

Assassinfox
2007-04-22, 10:02 PM
Die Roy! DIE!

I second that.

belboz
2007-04-22, 10:46 PM
I am quite confident Roy will not permanently die during this battle (that is, if he dies, he'll be brought back to life). Beyond that, not willing to hazard a guess.

DrivinAllNight
2007-04-22, 11:12 PM
I blew up the shot of falling :roy: in photoshop, and changed the lighting a bit to get a better look at his face, and unless it is just because of pixelation at being made bigger, :roy: had his mouth wide open and where the eyes should have been, there was X's instead of a small roundish looking block to represent eyes, or at least to have seen maybe closed eyes, but they appeared to be X's to me :eek:

Axl_Rose
2007-04-22, 11:16 PM
I second that.

I third that.

Not that it'll happen.

Legendary
2007-04-23, 12:20 AM
I blew up the shot of falling :roy: in photoshop, and changed the lighting a bit to get a better look at his face, and unless it is just because of pixelation at being made bigger, :roy: had his mouth wide open and where the eyes should have been, there was X's instead of a small roundish looking block to represent eyes, or at least to have seen maybe closed eyes, but they appeared to be X's to me :eek:
No, they're definitely circles. Besides, no one has been dead AND had eyebrows at the same time in OOTSworld.

Icewalker
2007-04-23, 12:29 AM
There were no x's for eyes. Just those eyebrows that he uses for expressions, although low and half covering his eyes.

This fall will definitely kill him, although he may not complete the fall, aka feather fall, or Celia's booty talisman.

Jawajoey
2007-04-23, 02:01 AM
I'd be really worried about this, had I not read a speculative spoiler about the booty talisman earlier. I'm confident that's what's going to get him out of this.

By the way, that and this whole thread TOTALLY belong wrapped up in spoiler tags, but that ship seems to have sailed at this point.

nothingclever
2007-04-23, 06:20 AM
Well he's dead for now.

Om
2007-04-23, 06:23 AM
He'll die, but a useful Resurrection spell will bring him backWhich does cheapen the whole notion of death.

Edit: To be clear: I'll be very disappointed in the Giant if, having pulled off such a coup with this latest strip, Roy is alive in the next few panels. Nothing smacks of cheap shocks more than killing a PC only to have the first battlefield cleric resurrect them.

Jayabalard
2007-04-23, 06:33 AM
so... since Belkar gave him the ring, he just fulfilled his prophecy...

416365416c
2007-04-23, 06:36 AM
So far the Giant has done exactly the opposite of my posts, so I am trying to kill off roy. :smalltongue:

Excellent work. Which character do you intend to kill next? :smalltongue:

Assassinfox
2007-04-23, 06:36 AM
so... since Belkar gave him the ring, he just fulfilled his prophecy...

Will that count? It was pretty indirect.

Hinton
2007-04-23, 06:42 AM
Will that count? It was pretty indirect.

That's what I was thinking as well. While it could be construed in a very round-about way that Belkar caused Roy's death (aw, man, it just pains me to even say those words), I don't think this quite counts.

Just my opinion.

Jayabalard
2007-04-23, 07:45 AM
Will that count? It was pretty indirect.Nah, it's pretty direct... He shoved Roy under the bus, even though it wasn't obvious that he was doing it at the time.

If you look back at the comic where he gives Roy the ring, you can see that this was his intent at the time...

kerberos
2007-04-23, 07:54 AM
Which does cheapen the whole notion of death.

Edit: To be clear: I'll be very disappointed in the Giant if, having pulled off such a coup with this latest strip, Roy is alive in the next few panels. Nothing smacks of cheap shocks more than killing a PC only to have the first battlefield cleric resurrect them.
That would be quite true if not for the fact that this is a D&D parady comic.

Haruki-kun
2007-04-23, 08:15 AM
I third that.

Not that it'll happen.

Fourth

The giant probably will not kill roy just yet. Why? because in the past when he killed someone he did it the moment their life was threatened, Samanthat, her dad, the police chief, shojo, etc. But when they live, ex belkar-miko, elan after nale's stab, haley after Samantha's beating, feel free to add other cases. But when the characters live he stretches it over a cliffhanger to build up tension. I now am drfting away from my former, "Roy is doomed" thoughts. So far the Giant has done exactly the opposite of my posts, so I am trying to kill off roy. :smalltongue:

But Shojo WAS a cliffhanger, remember? A WEEKEND cliffhanger, I remember vividly.......

the_tick_rules
2007-04-23, 02:31 PM
I sure hope Roy will survive. But the giant has sure grabbed everyones attention.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-04-23, 02:32 PM
Well, Roy sure looks dead...

<sob>

well, I'm sure he'll be better soon.