PDA

View Full Version : Life and Times at East Marshall High - IC Thread IV: Taking Over the School

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-29, 09:22 PM
The group ends up divided between French and Irish, with no easy resolution in sight. Eventually however, you manage to find a very... 'unique' restaurant that you believe will make everyone happy. Thus, you all pile into your various rides and make your way to O'Jullien's, a French/Irish fusion restaurant near the mall. Needless to say, the menu choices are just as 'unique' as you would expect.

"'Corned beef and escargot?'" Robert asks incredulously, "What kind of place is this?"

"Eetz been in ze family for generations!" says a passing waiter in a heavy French accent.

"Yeah, so get yer head outta yer rear and choose something, laddie!" your waiter chimes in with an equally heavy Irish accent.

"Yeah Robert, stop being such a wuss!" Val says, before turning to the waiter, "Well, if he's not having it, I will!"

"Aye, a lass after me own heart!" the waiter says with a smile, "And me stomach. Right away!"

Betty just sinks behind her menu, while Heather looks equally confused by the menu.

Claire, Sakuya, and Rebecca get +2 VP, and everyone gets a dining experience they'll never forget.

Illven
2015-05-29, 09:24 PM
I believe I have erred. Becca whispered to the group.

I apologize.

Anubis Dread
2015-05-29, 09:36 PM
"Yes. You have," Claire replied in a tone so frigid that when she went to take a sip from her glass she had to painfully pry her lip from the frozen vessel. She had wanted everyone to have an experience they could not normally have. While this was technically still the case, it was practically the opposite of what she had in mind.

"I will have the potato and frog stew," Claire decided finally. That did not sound bad. She was fond of frogs legs, and could tolerate a thick irish stew. The two together would be... passable.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-29, 09:50 PM
I believe I have erred. Becca whispered to the group.

I apologize.

"Don't, babe," Val said with a grin as she handed the menu back to the waiter, "I love trying new stuff. This is gonna be great!"

"Now that's the O'Jullien's attitude!" the waiter said with a smile. The two of them laugh at this.

"Yes. You have," Claire replied in a tone so frigid that when she went to take a sip from her glass she had to painfully pry her lip from the frozen vessel. She had wanted everyone to have an experience they could not normally have. While this was technically still the case, it was practically the opposite of what she had in mind.

"I will have the potato and frog stew," Claire decided finally. That did not sound bad. She was fond of frogs legs, and could tolerate a thick irish stew. The two together would be... passable.

"Right away, lassie," the waiter replied, before turning to Betty, "And what about you, wee one? What'll ye be having?"

"I... I d-don't kn-know..." Betty muttered, still hiding behind her menu, "G-Give me a minute..." SHe leans towards Claire and whispers, "Wh-what should I g-get...?"

Angelalex242
2015-05-29, 09:51 PM
"Don't, babe," Val said with a grin as she handed the menu back to the waiter, "I love trying new stuff. This is gonna be great!"

"Now that's the O'Jullien's attitude!" the waiter said with a smile. The two of them laugh at this.

"Right away, lassie," the waiter replied, before turning to Betty, "And what about you, wee one? What'll ye be having?"

"I... I d-don't kn-know..." Betty muttered, still hiding behind her menu, "G-Give me a minute..."

Maya...didn't know what to do with herself in here. It's all so...different.

Ummm...Irish soup for me, I guess.

There's only so many terrible things one can put in soup. It'll probably be okay. Probably.

Anubis Dread
2015-05-29, 10:00 PM

"I... I d-don't kn-know..." Betty muttered, still hiding behind her menu, "G-Give me a minute..." SHe leans towards Claire and whispers, "Wh-what should I g-get...?"

Claire looked panicked for a moment. Why was she asking her? She knew nothing about this place, and very little about Irish food in general. She knew a little about French certainly, but not enough to make a strong recommendation. What is more she did not know Betty's taste. How could she possibly make a strong recomendation she could be certain would be met with approval? But she could not simply not answer. Especially not with Betty.

"I-I would recommend for you... perhaps the mutton bagel?" Claire attempted hesitantly.

Illven
2015-05-29, 10:04 PM
Yeah... It's an adventure. Becca replied.

Claire looked panicked for a moment. Why was she asking her? She knew nothing about this place, and very little about Irish food in general. She knew a little about French certainly, but not enough to make a strong recommendation. What is more she did not know Betty's taste. How could she possibly make a strong recomendation she could be certain would be met with approval? But she could not simply not answer. Especially not with Betty.

"I-I would recommend for you... perhaps the mutton bagel?" Claire attempted hesitantly.

Mutton bagel. Mutton bagel. Mutton baguette. That sounds good. Becca added.

Esprit15
2015-05-29, 10:21 PM
"Hm..." Sakuya says, reading through the menu. There had to be some safer options... "I'll have the corned beef and a ratatouille side," she finally decides.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-29, 10:39 PM
Maya...didn't know what to do with herself in here. It's all so...different.

Ummm...Irish soup for me, I guess.

There's only so many terrible things one can put in soup. It'll probably be okay. Probably.

The waiter raised a brow, but he quickly replaced his confused look with a smile, "Got it!"

"Um, I'll have that as well," Robert said. He leaned in and whispered to Maya, "Please tell me you know what you're doing here."

Yeah... It's an adventure. Becca replied.

"Totally!" Val said enthusiastically, "Trust me, it'll be great! I trust this guy when he says the food's good."

"Thanks!" he says, his accent noticeably weaker than it was before, "My name's Liam, by the way."

"Of course it is," Val whispered to Becca with a smirk, before turning back to him and shaking his hand, "I'm Valerie, Nice to meet you!"
He blushes a bit as he goes to take everyone else's orders, though Val doesn't appear to notice.

Mutton bagel. Mutton bagel. Mutton baguette. That sounds good. Becca added.

"Um, o-ok..." Betty said hesistantly, before pointing to Becca, "I-I'll have what sh-she's having."

"Right away, wee one!" the waiter says. She turns red and sinks in her seat a bit.

"Hm..." Sakuya says, reading through the menu. There had to be some safer options... "I'll have the corned beef and a ratatouille side," she finally decides.

"Oh, very good choice," he says, "I'll have it going right away."

"And I'll have the ratatouille with a corned beef side." Heather says with a smirk.

The waiter's brow twitches as he replies, "...Cute."

Esprit15
2015-05-29, 10:54 PM
"I take it you want him to spit in your food," Sakuya whispers to Heather.

Illven
2015-05-29, 11:10 PM
"Totally!" Val said enthusiastically, "Trust me, it'll be great! I trust this guy when he says the food's good."

"Thanks!" he says, his accent noticeably weaker than it was before, "My name's Liam, by the way."

"Of course it is," Val whispered to Becca with a smirk, before turning back to him and shaking his hand, "I'm Valerie, Nice to meet you!"
He blushes a bit as he goes to take everyone else's orders, though Val doesn't appear to notice.

Somebody's caught somebody's eye. Becca teased gently, proding Val's leg.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-29, 11:17 PM
"I take it you want him to spit in your food," Sakuya whispers to Heather.

"Hey, it's all in good fun," Heater whispers back, "Besides, what's the difference between the two anyway, right? I doubt it's that big of a deal."

Somebody's caught somebody's eye. Becca teased gently, proding Val's leg.

"What do you mean?" Val asked confused. Her eyes go wide as she thinks about it, and she glances back at the waiter, "Wait, really? I didn't even notice."

Esprit15
2015-05-29, 11:31 PM
"Sides are smaller. When you order soup as a dish, it tends to be a large bowl, the size of an open hand. When you order it as a side, it's much smaller, maybe fist sized."

Illven
2015-05-29, 11:36 PM
"What do you mean?" Val asked confused. Her eyes go wide as she thinks about it, and she glances back at the waiter, "Wait, really? I didn't even notice."

So what's the plan? Becca whispered back.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-29, 11:51 PM
"Sides are smaller. When you order soup as a dish, it tends to be a large bowl, the size of an open hand. When you order it as a side, it's much smaller, maybe fist sized."

"Ooooooh..." Heather said, "Still, is that really something that would make him mad enough to do that?"

So what's the plan? Becca whispered back.

"I don't know," she replied, "I mean, he is kind of cute, but I don't know if he's worth it to... y'know..."

Esprit15
2015-05-29, 11:53 PM
"It's a French-Irish place. They're both very proud people."

Illven
2015-05-30, 12:02 AM
"I don't know," she replied, "I mean, he is kind of cute, but I don't know if he's worth it to... y'know..."

Well, it's your choice sweetie. Becca replied.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-30, 12:26 AM
Well, it's your choice sweetie. Becca replied.

"I know," Val said, "It's just, well this whole 'open relationship' thing is new territory for me. I'm not sure what I'm actually allowed to do, you know?"

"It's a French-Irish place. They're both very proud people."

"Oh..." she said sheepishly, "I should probably apologize then, huh?"

Almost on cue, the waiter comes back with refills for people's drinks. When her gets to Claire, he offers her a new glass, "Sorry about that, lassie. I don't know how ye got a block o' ice like that."

Betty just looks uncomfortable again as the waiter comes over to her, "And here ye go, wee one. Another Pepsi for ye."

Illven
2015-05-30, 12:36 AM
What you want, sweetie. Becca said soothingly.

Anubis Dread
2015-05-30, 12:41 AM
"Oh..." she said sheepishly, "I should probably apologize then, huh?"

Almost on cue, the waiter comes back with refills for people's drinks. When her gets to Claire, he offers her a new glass, "Sorry about that, lassie. I don't know how ye got a block o' ice like that."

Betty just looks uncomfortable again as the waiter comes over to her, "And here ye go, wee one. Another Pepsi for ye."

"It... It is genetic," Claire could not help but blush at her occasional forays in physically interacting with what would be considered a cosmetic effect being called out on by an NPC. Upon realizing she had broken the fourth wall, he blush deepened in further embarrassment. Quietly she thanked the waiter and took the new drink.

DoctorFaust
2015-05-30, 01:22 AM
"I think I'll have the escargot and potato stew," Molly says, handing her menu to the waiter. "That sounds like it could be interesting. And just a water for me to drink, please."

She turns to Betty once the waiter leaves, and asks, "Food here sounds kind strange, dontcha think? I've never heard of fusion like this."

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-30, 02:28 AM
What you want, sweetie. Becca said soothingly.

"I guess," Val says hesitantly, "I just don't want to do something, and then end up making you angry because I crossed some line and 'cheated' on you or something."

"It... It is genetic," Claire could not help but blush at her occasional forays in physically interacting with what would be considered a cosmetic effect being called out on by an NPC. Upon realizing she had broken the fourth wall, he blush deepened in further embarrassment. Quietly she thanked the waiter and took the new drink.

The waiter gave Claire an odd look, but said nothing.

"I think I'll have the escargot and potato stew," Molly says, handing her menu to the waiter. "That sounds like it could be interesting. And just a water for me to drink, please."

She turns to Betty once the waiter leaves, and asks, "Food here sounds kind strange, dontcha think? I've never heard of fusion like this."

"Y-yeah," Betty stammered out, "I'm k-kind of c-curious what it t-tastes like. I j-just wish he'd st-stop calling me a 'w-wee one'..."

Esprit15
2015-05-30, 02:35 AM
"It's a term o' endermen,' wee-lass," Sakuya says, copying the accent. "Take it as bein' friendly to ya. Or, you know, let him know that it makes you uncomfortable."

Illven
2015-05-30, 02:41 AM
"I guess," Val says hesitantly, "I just don't want to do something, and then end up making you angry because I crossed some line and 'cheated' on you or something."

Sweetie. If you pick one man, you're not cheating on me, no matter what you do, okay? Becca assured.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-30, 11:12 AM
"It's a term o' endermen,' wee-lass," Sakuya says, copying the accent. "Take it as bein' friendly to ya. Or, you know, let him know that it makes you uncomfortable."

"I, I guess..." Betty stammered, "I g-guess if he's b-being fr-friendly, it's ok then. I-It's nothing n-new to me t-to be c-called sm-small, anyway."

Sweetie. If you pick one man, you're not cheating on me, no matter what you do, okay? Becca assured.

Valerie gave Becca a nervous smile, "Thanks. I mean, I'm still not sure what I want to do about him specifically, but... thanks."

She hesitates for a moment, then leans over and give Becca a quick peck on the lips, "I still love you, though."

Anubis Dread
2015-05-30, 11:20 AM
"I, I guess..." Betty stammered, "I g-guess if he's b-being fr-friendly, it's ok then. I-It's nothing n-new to me t-to be c-called sm-small, anyway."

Claire smiled softly, before wrapping an arm around Betty and giving her a reassuring squeeze. "You are beautiful," she assured her.

Illven
2015-05-30, 01:10 PM
Valerie gave Becca a nervous smile, "Thanks. I mean, I'm still not sure what I want to do about him specifically, but... thanks."

She hesitates for a moment, then leans over and give Becca a quick peck on the lips, "I still love you, though."

Love you too sweetie. Becca replied.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-30, 08:05 PM
Love you too sweetie. Becca replied.

Val smiled and looked down at her feet. Robert looked over at the two of them, a little confused.

Claire smiled softly, before wrapping an arm around Betty and giving her a reassuring squeeze. "You are beautiful," she assured her.

Betty gives Claire a small smile as she leans into the hug, "Th-Thank you, C-Claire. Y-You're the-"

At that moment, John unexpectedly approaches the table, dressed rather sharply. "Oh, hey guys!" He said with a hug grin, "I was wondering why there was such a big table here! What's up?"

On John's arrival, Betty very quickly disentangled herself from Claire and blushed hard, managing to squeak out, "N-Nothing..."

Illven
2015-05-30, 09:07 PM
John. Do you come here often? Becca asked very surprised to see people.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-30, 09:58 PM
John. Do you come here often? Becca asked very surprised to see people.

"Oh, yeah." John says, "Rachel loves this place, and introduced me to it when we started dating. Not my favorite restaurant, but the foods good, and the people here are really nice." He waves at the French waiter who passes by, "Oh, Marie! Can we get some more soup at our table?"

"Sure thing!" she says with a smile.

"Thanks, you're the best!" John says, before turning back to the group (though Marie lingers on him a bit longer), "But yeah, we come here a lot is what I'm saying. It's just got this charm to it that I like. Oh, speaking of..."

He turns to Claire and Jill, "Congrats on the new online comic today! It look pretty great! Though..." he winces, "...just a bit raunchier than I'm used to, even from you guys."

Angelalex242
2015-05-30, 10:53 PM
"Oh, yeah." John says, "Rachel loves this place, and introduced me to it when we started dating. Not my favorite restaurant, but the foods good, and the people here are really nice." He waves at the French waiter who passes by, "Oh, Marie! Can we get some more soup at our table?"

"Thanks, you're the best!" John says, before turning back to the group (though Marie lingers on him a bit longer), "But yeah, we come here a lot is what I'm saying. It's just got this charm to it that I like. Oh, speaking of..."

He turns to Claire and Jill, "Congrats on the new online comic today! It look pretty great! Though..." he winces, "...just a bit raunchier than I'm used to, even from you guys."

John, so good to see you. I'm glad you happened to stop by too. How're things?

Anubis Dread
2015-05-30, 10:59 PM
Despite herself Claire felt disappointed by Betty pulling away. Even though she had only held for her comfort. Still she gave her another reassuring smile before addressing John.

"I am glad this place is not quite as peculiar as it appears at first glance," Claire replied. "As for the comic I confess that the web comic remains Jill's domain only. I would never force myself into her own personal project she had already worked hard to establish for herself. Any credit that is owed is hers and hers alone."

Illven
2015-05-30, 11:06 PM

Might want to be careful of Marie. Becca warns mildly.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-30, 11:16 PM
John, so good to see you. I'm glad you happened to stop by too. How're things?

"Great!" he said with a smile, "Today's Rachel and mine's 9-month anniversary, so I thought I'd take her out for something special. I didn't know you guys were here though, or I would've said hi sooner."

Might want to be careful of Marie. Becca warns mildly.

"Huh? Why would you say that?" John asks, completely oblivious, "She's a sweet girl."

Despite herself Claire felt disappointed by Betty pulling away. Even though she had only held for her comfort. Still she gave her another reassuring smile before addressing John.

"I am glad this place is not quite as peculiar as it appears at first glance," Claire replied. "As for the comic I confess that the web comic remains Jill's domain only. I would never force myself into her own personal project she had already worked hard to establish for herself. Any credit that is owed is hers and hers alone."

Robert raised a brow, "I didn't know Boundless Soul updated today..."

"Boundless Soul?" John asked, "No, I'm talking about the other one. You know, the online comic you guys released to promote the new series... 'Flaw'? You know, the one focused on the new girl you're working with Terry on."

Illven
2015-05-30, 11:21 PM
"Huh? Why would you say that?" John asks, completely oblivious, "She's a sweet girl."

Sweet girl she might be, but I think she's got eyes for you. Becca warned.

Anubis Dread
2015-05-30, 11:27 PM
Robert raised a brow, "I didn't know Boundless Soul updated today..."

"Boundless Soul?" John asked, "No, I'm talking about the other one. You know, the online comic you guys released to promote the new series... 'Flaw'? You know, the one focused on the new girl you're working with Terry on."

Claire did not even need a second to process what was said. What he was speaking of was obvious. Her eyebrow twitched in frustration. "Excuse me. I need to arrange a dos attack," she replied bluntly as she pulled out her phone and began to furiously type away. "To bring you up to speed we have competitors attempting to duplicate our work and leech off of our success. This is another attempt. The site should be brought down within fifteen minutes however," she promised as she got to work.

Angelalex242
2015-05-30, 11:31 PM
Claire did not even need a second to process what was said. What he was speaking of was obvious. Her eyebrow twitched in frustration. "Excuse me. I need to arrange a dos attack," she replied bluntly as she pulled out her phone and began to furiously type away. "To bring you up to speed we have competitors attempting to duplicate our work and leech off of our success. This is another attempt. The site should be brought down within fifteen minutes however," she promised as she got to work.

Maya wasn't really on the inside loop, but...

I believe the truth of the matter is, they'd never work with Terry on anything. If he claims they're working with him...it's something they should be informed about right away.

Illven
2015-05-30, 11:38 PM
Isn't a DOS attack illegal? Becca whispered nervously.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-30, 11:48 PM
Sweet girl she might be, but I think she's got eyes for you. Becca warned.

"What? That's crazy, we're just friends," John says as Marie walks by again, blatantly checking him out. As before, John doesn't notice.

"U-um, isn't th-that illegal?" Betty said worriedly, "Wh-what if the p-police find o-out...? A-also, d-don't you n-need to f-find the w-website first?"

"That's what Google's for, sweetie," Heather points out.

Maya wasn't really on the inside loop, but...

I believe the truth of the matter is, they'd never work with Terry on anything. If he claims they're working with him...it's something they should be informed about right away.

"Yeah, I'm not sure what they think they can gain by doing that," Robert says, pulling out his phone, "John, where's this website? I want to see what it's like myself before Claire knocks it down."

"Not sure, but you can probably Google it," John said, "I got it because Terry had some kind of alert thing set up on the club's Twitter account to tell people that it was posted. I think it's only been like an hour since then, though."

Esprit15
2015-05-31, 12:00 AM
Isn't a DOS attack illegal? Becca whispered nervously.

"Yes, but if you have half a brain you won't get caught."

Anubis Dread
2015-05-31, 12:03 AM
"Yes, but if you have half a brain you won't get caught."

"Correct. And I have approximately three," Claire noted as she sent off a few texts. "I would advise you not to check the site Robert, as every hit is valuable. I will download it and send it to you when I check the address to launch the attack. While a dos attack is technically illegal, I believe this would to so it balances out. This simply expedites the process rather than having to get an official cease and desist."

Illven
2015-05-31, 12:06 AM
"What? That's crazy, we're just friends," John says as Marie walks by again, blatantly checking him out. As before, John doesn't notice.

I'm sure that you think you are just friends. I'm sure that you are friends. I'm also sure that..... She's checking you out. Becca whispered. Not finishing her original thought.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-31, 12:26 AM
"Correct. And I have approximately three," Claire noted as she sent off a few texts. "I would advise you not to check the site Robert, as every hit is valuable. I will download it and send it to you when I check the address to launch the attack. While a dos attack is technically illegal, I believe this would to so it balances out. This simply expedites the process rather than having to get an official cease and desist."

"Alright," Robert says, "It's just sounds really weird that Terry would blatantly advertise something like that. I wanted to see what gave John that idea in the first place."

"Well, the comic said it was by Archer, Aster, and Perkins" John said with a shrug, "That's what made me think that."

I'm sure that you think you are just friends. I'm sure that you are friends. I'm also sure that..... She's checking you out. Becca whispered. Not finishing her original thought.

John looks behind him at her. Marie trips as she quickly tries to get away blushing. He turns back to Becca, "Huh. Well, this is awkward. That explains a lot, come to think of it, but I figured Rachel would say something if it were true."

Angelalex242
2015-05-31, 12:30 AM
She probably didn't feel the need. It's proof of how much faith Rachel has in you. Faith well founded. But...it may be best to use a different waitress from now on.

Seems reasonable.

Illven
2015-05-31, 12:33 AM
John looks behind him at her. Marie trips as she quickly tries to get away blushing. He turns back to Becca, "Huh. Well, this is awkward. That explains a lot, come to think of it, but I figured Rachel would say something if it were true."

What Maya said. Becca said gesturing with her thumb to her

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-31, 12:45 AM
She probably didn't feel the need. It's proof of how much faith Rachel has in you. Faith well founded. But...it may be best to use a different waitress from now on.

Seems reasonable.

What Maya said. Becca said gesturing with her thumb to her

John sighed, "Yeah, maybe. Though Rachel really seems to like her too, I'm not sure if-" His eyes go wide, "Oh, crap, Rachel! She's all alone at the table! I should probably-"

Too late. Rachel comes up behind John, clearly annoyed, "John, what are you doing over here? This was supposed to be our night, remember?" She then notices Maya and Rebecca, and gives a smile and a wave, "Oh, hi guys! Didn't know you liked this place too!" She shoots another annoyed look at John, but pulls up a chair to sit down for the moment.

Esprit15
2015-05-31, 01:20 AM
"Claire, wait. What if this is bait? It seems too well timed," Sakuya says. "You come in and warn them to stop copying your comic, and warn them that you'll take actions against them. They then choose to advertise, try and get a response, and this happens. It would be too obvious that it's you."

Illven
2015-05-31, 01:22 AM
John sighed, "Yeah, maybe. Though Rachel really seems to like her too, I'm not sure if-" His eyes go wide, "Oh, crap, Rachel! She's all alone at the table! I should probably-"

Too late. Rachel comes up behind John, clearly annoyed, "John, what are you doing over here? This was supposed to be our night, remember?" She then notices Maya and Rebecca, and gives a smile and a wave, "Oh, hi guys! Didn't know you liked this place too!" She shoots another annoyed look at John, but pulls up a chair to sit down for the moment.

We didn't know we liked it either. Becca chuckled.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-31, 09:22 AM
"Claire, wait. What if this is bait? It seems too well timed," Sakuya says. "You come in and warn them to stop copying your comic, and warn them that you'll take actions against them. They then choose to advertise, try and get a response, and this happens. It would be too obvious that it's you."

"Or they just panicked and rushed to post what they had before the cease and desist came in," Heather pointed out, "Seriously, do you really think Terry's smart enough to come up with that kind of scheme?"

"I dunno," Robert said, "I agree with Sakuya, there's something real fishy about this whole thing."

We didn't know we liked it either. Becca chuckled.

"Well, can't blame you there," Rachel said with a chuckle of her own, "It's definitely something unique, I'll give them that. If you come in here not knowing what to get, it can be pretty weird."

Angelalex242
2015-05-31, 09:36 AM
"Or they just panicked and rushed to post what they had before the cease and desist came in," Heather pointed out, "Seriously, do you really think Terry's smart enough to come up with that kind of scheme?"

"I dunno," Robert said, "I agree with Sakuya, there's something real fishy about this whole thing."

"Well, can't blame you there," Rachel said with a chuckle of her own, "It's definitely something unique, I'll give them that. If you come in here not knowing what to get, it can be pretty weird."

That's me. So I ordered the soup and hoped for the best. It is good, right?

Anubis Dread
2015-05-31, 10:58 AM

Giving a brief smile of greeting to Rachel, Claire continued to rapidly type in her phone. "If this is a trap, it is the worst thought out trap of all time," she noted to the concerns of the others. "There is no real way for them to trace a dos attack to me. At least nothing that will enable them to take legal action. As such there is no way for them to persecute me. Of course they could simply spread rumors that I did it... except that since they put my name on there they would be saying I dos attacked my own work. Which means they would need to admit to putting my name on something I had no relation to, which helps our case far more than theirs. They could counter attack Jill's site I suppose, but as part of the security measures I set when we started dating her site is more secure than a majority of government databases. Really there's no reason not to do this. Other than I suppose believing it to be wrong, I guess," she shrugged.

Illven
2015-05-31, 01:53 PM

What should we have gotten? Becca asked.

Amaril
2015-05-31, 07:32 PM
Stepping out of the restroom (this time having been using it for its intended purpose), Jill wends her way around the servers back to the group table, noticing as she slides back into the booth beside Claire the angry look on her girlfriend's face. "Hey, did I miss something?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-31, 07:53 PM
Stepping out of the restroom (this time having been using it for its intended purpose), Jill wends her way around the servers back to the group table, noticing as she slides back into the booth beside Claire the angry look on her girlfriend's face. "Hey, did I miss something?"

"Apparently the anime club published their comic online this afternoon," Robert said, "According to John, they're claiming you guys helped out. Claire's launching a DoS attack on their website as we speak."

"W-Which is kinda illegal," Betty pointed out.

Giving a brief smile of greeting to Rachel, Claire continued to rapidly type in her phone. "If this is a trap, it is the worst thought out trap of all time," she noted to the concerns of the others. "There is no real way for them to trace a dos attack to me. At least nothing that will enable them to take legal action. As such there is no way for them to persecute me. Of course they could simply spread rumors that I did it... except that since they put my name on there they would be saying I dos attacked my own work. Which means they would need to admit to putting my name on something I had no relation to, which helps our case far more than theirs. They could counter attack Jill's site I suppose, but as part of the security measures I set when we started dating her site is more secure than a majority of government databases. Really there's no reason not to do this. Other than I suppose believing it to be wrong, I guess," she shrugged.

"Well, if you're sure it'll be alright," Robert said skeptically, "I'm still a bit curious about their advertising though. There is no way they can get away with claiming you helped them, right?"

That's me. So I ordered the soup and hoped for the best. It is good, right?

"Oh yeah, the soups here are great," Rachel said, "Which is why I asked a certain someone to go find Marie and get us an extra order." She shoots an annoyed glare at John, who just slumps in his chair and grins sheepishly.

What should we have gotten? Becca asked.

"Well, if you got the soups, that's great," Rachel said, "Anything that's separated is probably good too. It's when you get into the mixed stuff things get kind of weird." She looks around for any staff, then leans in and whispers, "The only thing I wouldn't get is the corned beef and escargot. Those two flavors do not go as well together as some of the people here might tell you."

Amaril
2015-05-31, 07:59 PM
Jill's eyes go as wide as dinner plates, and she whirls in her seat to face Claire. "Babe, what the f***?" she hisses. "I thought we were just gonna send a Cease and Desist!"

Anubis Dread
2015-05-31, 08:13 PM
Jill's eyes go as wide as dinner plates, and she whirls in her seat to face Claire. "Babe, what the f***?" she hisses. "I thought we were just gonna send a Cease and Desist!"

"B-but if we don't take the website down immediately they'll get free publicity and money from advertisements! The cease and desist wouldn't take effect until tomorrow, which is forever in internet time and... I'll be good," Claire mumbled meekly, sending off some texts to call it off and putting away her phone.

Amaril
2015-05-31, 08:17 PM
"Thank you, sweetie," Jill croons, leaning over to hug Claire and give her a kiss on the cheek. "Don't worry about it. Even the damage they'll do before the CaD hits will be nothing we can't repair in, like, a week. Once they're not allowed to keep putting out content, we can let everyone know what happened and clear everything up." Though she regrets it a little, part of her is happy for Claire's reaction--while distracted by calming Claire down, she can't get too upset herself.
She notices John and Rachel. "Oh, hey you two! Sorry, distracted for a second there. What's up?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-31, 08:26 PM
"B-but if we don't take the website down immediately they'll get free publicity and money from advertisements! The cease and desist wouldn't take effect until tomorrow, which is forever in internet time and... I'll be good," Claire mumbled meekly, sending off some texts to call it off and putting away her phone.

"Oh, so you'll listen to Jill when she tells you to stop, but not me and Sakuya?" Robert said teasingly.

"That's just the power of love!" Heather says with a smile.

"Thank you, sweetie," Jill croons, leaning over to hug Claire and give her a kiss on the cheek. "Don't worry about it. Even the damage they'll do before the CaD hits will be nothing we can't repair in, like, a week. Once they're not allowed to keep putting out content, we can let everyone know what happened and clear everything up." Though she regrets it a little, part of her is happy for Claire's reaction--while distracted by calming Claire down, she can't get too upset herself.
She notices John and Rachel. "Oh, hey you two! Sorry, distracted for a second there. What's up?"

"It's fine," John said, "You kind of had a pressing issue to deal with. I'm in the doghouse right now with Rachel, if you know what I mean."

Anubis Dread
2015-05-31, 08:46 PM
"Oh, so you'll listen to Jill when she tells you to stop, but not me and Sakuya?" Robert said teasingly.

"More or less," Claire admitted with a small blush. It was far harder to ignore Jill than anyone else. Mostly because Jill tended to be right more than anyone else she knew. Plus she care about what Jill thought about her more than she did the opinion of anyone else too.

If she was not going to pull down the site, she may well see what they were dealing with. Pulling out her phone again Claire did a quick search and located the site in question. She wanted to see what excuse they had for putting their name on this one. Their excuses from before were null and void with them actually including their names. That and she wanted to make a copy of the site in case they edited it prior to any case involving the cease and desist was formed.

Angelalex242
2015-05-31, 08:47 PM

"It's fine," John said, "You kind of had a pressing issue to deal with. I'm in the doghouse right now with Rachel, if you know what I mean."

Flowers and chocolate are your friends.

Maya winked at Rachel.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-31, 09:18 PM
"More or less," Claire admitted with a small blush. It was far harder to ignore Jill than anyone else. Mostly because Jill tended to be right more than anyone else she knew. Plus she care about what Jill thought about her more than she did the opinion of anyone else too.

If she was not going to pull down the site, she may well see what they were dealing with. Pulling out her phone again Claire did a quick search and located the site in question. She wanted to see what excuse they had for putting their name on this one. Their excuses from before were null and void with them actually including their names. That and she wanted to make a copy of the site in case they edited it prior to any case involving the cease and desist was formed.

Upon checking out the website, you realize what John was talking about. Though he had misinterpreted it as 'Archer, Aster, and Perkins', the comic was credited as being by 'Archer Aster and Terry Perkins', with Jane's real name conspicuously absent. Also absent are any kind of biographies on most of the club, with only Terry getting a small bio talking about his time as head of the Anime Club and little else.

The comic itself, titled Flaw, is to its credit not completely derivative plot-wise, if only because it was trying to avoid getting slapped with copyright infringement. It has a similar gladiator-esque premise to Flow, though rather than another human combatant Winter's first fight was against some kind of female alien centaur. The comic as a whole is sexually suggestive on a couple of levels above what Flow usually shows, with a highlight being how Winter managed to defeat her foe by riding on its back and groping its chest from behind, which for some reason is apparently the creature's weakness. During the fight, Winter mentions having to deal with her 'flaw' of exhibitionism, though what exactly that means isn't elaborated on beyond being something all human combatants have.

At the end of the comic, it mentions that while the first issue is free digitally, the physical copy and future issues will need to be purchased, either on the website for download or through physical copies in select locations around town.

Flowers and chocolate are your friends.

Maya winked at Rachel.

Rachel gave Maya a small smile, "Well, he already did the flowers part... but chocolate wouldn't hurt. Maybe I should ask Marie if they have any good desserts here."

"Uh, yeah, maybe," John said nervously.

Illven
2015-05-31, 09:30 PM
Oh.... I got the mutton Baguette... Becca's face fell.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-31, 09:42 PM
Oh.... I got the mutton Baguette... Becca's face fell.

"Oh," Rachel said, "Well, John likes that one, though personally I find the mix a little weird tasting. Still, I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Don't listen to her," John said, "It tastes great. She's just being picky."

Rachel looked annoyed at John again.

Angelalex242
2015-05-31, 09:45 PM
"Oh," Rachel said, "Well, John likes that one, though personally I find the mix a little weird tasting. Still, I'm sure it'll be fine."

Wise man once say: When in a hole, stop digging.

Maya looked amused. She was sure it'd be fine.

Anubis Dread
2015-05-31, 10:08 PM

"John. Trust me. Be quiet," Claire told him bluntly. He was already on thin ice by the sounds of it. As for the comic...

"The comic is drivel," Claire went on, passing her phone over to Robert since he had already asked about it. "They have enough differences they may dodge the cease and desist if we decided to play fair with it. Which I have no intention of doing. But the title is derivative enough that the extra issues they pick up from riding our success will more or less be wiped out by the backlash. The horrible writing does not help matters either. The editing is poor as well. I cannot believe the sentence 'This indestructible beast is indestructible' made it to print. The art is incredible though. Even though it is aping our style it is still of utmost quality. I regret Jane not taking my offer of letting me publish an original work rather than be stuck with the anime club for this," she sighed.

Amaril
2015-05-31, 10:26 PM
Jill stifles giggles as she reads over Claire's shoulder. "This is what they think is gonna compete with us? Wow, I actually expected more from Terry." She quirks an eyebrow at Claire at her mention of the art. "You really want to work with her after she was talking s*** about you? That's pretty...forgiving of you, babe." She hopes she's managed to find a way to phrase her statement that doesn't sound insulting to Claire.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-31, 10:30 PM
Wise man once say: When in a hole, stop digging.

Maya looked amused. She was sure it'd be fine.

"John. Trust me. Be quiet," Claire told him bluntly. He was already on thin ice by the sounds of it.

"Right," John said with a frown, "Sorry, babe."

Rachel just rolled her eyes and mouthed 'thanks' to the two of them.

As for the comic...

"The comic is drivel," Claire went on, passing her phone over to Robert since he had already asked about it. "They have enough differences they may dodge the cease and desist if we decided to play fair with it. Which I have no intention of doing. But the title is derivative enough that the extra issues they pick up from riding our success will more or less be wiped out by the backlash. The horrible writing does not help matters either. The editing is poor as well. I cannot believe the sentence 'This indestructible beast is indestructible' made it to print. The art is incredible though. Even though it is aping our style it is still of utmost quality. I regret Jane not taking my offer of letting me publish an original work rather than be stuck with the anime club for this," she sighed.

Robert looked over the comic on Claire's phone, "Wow, yeah I see what you mean. First half's noticeably better though, so maybe Heather had a point about the rush job. Still, even then its... not the best. Like, this is just shy of a porn parody, and they don't even explain half the stuff that's going on, backstory or otherwise. You're just thrown right into the plot. John are you sure this is supposed to be the full first issue?"

"That's what the tweet said," he said with a shrug.

"Oh God, are you talking about that thing again?" Rachel asked exasperated, "Utter trash. To be honest Jill, I'm not really a fan of your writing style to begin with, but I know you at least have standards. I knew you couldn't really be behind that."

Anubis Dread
2015-05-31, 10:41 PM
Jill stifles giggles as she reads over Claire's shoulder. "This is what they think is gonna compete with us? Wow, I actually expected more from Terry." She quirks an eyebrow at Claire at her mention of the art. "You really want to work with her after she was talking s*** about you? That's pretty...forgiving of you, babe." She hopes she's managed to find a way to phrase her statement that doesn't sound insulting to Claire.

"The only insult she made about me directly was in regards to my weight. Which... she was correct on," Claire looked down shame faced. Perhaps she should have gotten a salad instead of the stew... "More importantly I feel sorry for her. If I was not as talented liar as I am and could pretend to function in society long enough to make genuine friends I may well have ended up the same way she is. It makes me intensely sympathetic towards her. That and her deviantart account is amazing," she adds.

Claire nods in agreement to the comics critique. "Again, this illicit my sympathies for Jane. As far as I can tell Terry is an awful writer, but she is insistent on her vendetta and has no one else to work with. The art is so much better than the writing it actually makes the script seem twice as bad as it is through the juxtaposition."

Illven
2015-05-31, 10:50 PM
"Right," John said with a frown, "Sorry, babe."

Rachel just rolled her eyes and mouthed 'thanks' to the two of them.

Robert looked over the comic on Claire's phone, "Wow, yeah I see what you mean. First half's noticeably better though, so maybe Heather had a point about the rush job. Still, even then its... not the best. Like, this is just shy of a porn parody, and they don't even explain half the stuff that's going on, backstory or otherwise. You're just thrown right into the plot. John are you sure this is supposed to be the full first issue?".

Do Porn parodies usually explain what's going on? Like isn't the usual one there's a leak, the plumber is sexy, let's bang? Becca asks Rob.

Maybe it just is a porn parody?

Amaril
2015-05-31, 10:54 PM
"Um...thanks, I guess?" Jill says uncertainly to Rachel. "I dunno, I at least try to give my porn a little context. And Flow isn't even porn to begin with, it's supposed to be serious. This is just bulls*** right here." She hugs Claire tighter, pressing her face into her shoulder and gently tracing one finger down her side. "Don't you feel like you have to worry about your weight, sweetie," she murmurs. "I know I've said it before, but you're in no danger of getting any less gorgeous. And everyone here is your friend for real." She pauses for a second, realizing she should amend her assertion. "Not that I think you shouldn't try and lose weight if you want to, I mean, just don't feel like you have to for anyone else. Ah, you know what I meant."

Anubis Dread
2015-05-31, 11:01 PM
"Um...thanks, I guess?" Jill says uncertainly to Rachel. "I dunno, I at least try to give my porn a little context. And Flow isn't even porn to begin with, it's supposed to be serious. This is just bulls*** right here." She hugs Claire tighter, pressing her face into her shoulder and gently tracing one finger down her side. "Don't you feel like you have to worry about your weight, sweetie," she murmurs. "I know I've said it before, but you're in no danger of getting any less gorgeous. And everyone here is your friend for real." She pauses for a second, realizing she should amend her assertion. "Not that I think you shouldn't try and lose weight if you want to, I mean, just don't feel like you have to for anyone else. Ah, you know what I meant."

Claire felt pleasant chills go down her side at Jill's touch. That felt good. Her words felt even better. "When it comes to my body yours is the only opinion that matters. You see significantly more of it than anyone else after all," she flirted quietly. She knew these were her true friends. It was still strange to think of her having such a thing truth be told. "Flow is not porn in the least," she agreed. "And I am certain we could write significantly better pornography than this. You have incredibly writing skill. All we need is a plot that makes sense. Some realistic yet arousing dialogue. I have much experience with yaoi at this stage. With our art skills as well..." Claire trailed off, looking out into space thoughtfully. You could practically see the gears turning in her head.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-31, 11:01 PM
"The only insult she made about me directly was in regards to my weight. Which... she was correct on," Claire looked down shame faced. Perhaps she should have gotten a salad instead of the stew... "More importantly I feel sorry for her. If I was not as talented liar as I am and could pretend to function in society long enough to make genuine friends I may well have ended up the same way she is. It makes me intensely sympathetic towards her. That and her deviantart account is amazing," she adds.

Claire nods in agreement to the comics critique. "Again, this illicit my sympathies for Jane. As far as I can tell Terry is an awful writer, but she is insistent on her vendetta and has no one else to work with. The art is so much better than the writing it actually makes the script seem twice as bad as it is through the juxtaposition."

Betty puts a hand on Claire's arm consolingly, "Y-You a-aren't anywhere c-close to f-fat, C-Claire..."

"Yeah, don't worry about it Claire," Robert said, "But your description of Jane is... interesting. The way Jill talked about her made her sound like a conniving mastermind out to destroy you. Which, if she's really so much like you, might be true anyways."

He pauses as the food arrives, then adds, "No offense."

Do Porn parodies usually explain what's going on? Like isn't the usual one there's a leak, the plumber is sexy, let's bang? Becca asks Rob.

Maybe it just is a porn parody?

"A porn parody would have actual sex, though," Robert points out, "Despite how overtly sexual it is, it actually seems like they're trying to do something in terms of the plot. Which honestly makes it sadder than if it was just a porn parody." He furrows his brow, "Though they do have Winter mentioning getting aroused a lot, so maybe this is some weird PG porn parody or something? I'm kind of unclear on what they're trying to do, really."

Amaril
2015-05-31, 11:08 PM
"It's an anime thing, I think" Jill says to Rob. "A lot of Japanese media makes those kinds of references to sex and has it as a thing in the same way this does, talking about it and having lots of fanservice without really being porn. It comes from cultural differences in how the subject is viewed, I think, where they don't have as many hangups about including it as part of their entertainment as we do here. Except weebs like Terry just look at the fact that it's a Japanese thing and think how awesome it is purely for that reason." Jill shakes her head sadly. "I mean, not that there isn't a valid point about us being too uptight about sex here. But they go the way they do for the wrong reasons." She glances back up at Claire confusedly. "Holy crap, we seriously haven't written any porn together, have we? How the hell did that happen? We should fix it."

Illven
2015-05-31, 11:11 PM
"A porn parody would have actual sex, though," Robert points out, "Despite how overtly sexual it is, it actually seems like they're trying to do something in terms of the plot. Which honestly makes it sadder than if it was just a porn parody." He furrows his brow, "Though they do have Winter mentioning getting aroused a lot, so maybe this is some weird PG porn parody or something? I'm kind of unclear on what they're trying to do, really."

Huh. The ****..... Becca questioned.

Anubis Dread
2015-05-31, 11:21 PM
Betty puts a hand on Claire's arm consolingly, "Y-You a-aren't anywhere c-close to f-fat, C-Claire..."

"Yeah, don't worry about it Claire," Robert said, "But your description of Jane is... interesting. The way Jill talked about her made her sound like a conniving mastermind out to destroy you. Which, if she's really so much like you, might be true anyways."

He pauses as the food arrives, then adds, "No offense."

Claire gives a thankful smile to Betty. She was so sweet. Before addressing Robert. "Why would I take offence at that?" she asked, genuinely puzzled. "Granted I am not out to get myself, but 'conniving mastermind' is simply another phrase for 'intelligent and persistent'. Albeit in a somewhat specific way."

"It's an anime thing, I think" Jill says to Rob. "A lot of Japanese media makes those kinds of references to sex and has it as a thing in the same way this does, talking about it and having lots of fanservice without really being porn. It comes from cultural differences in how the subject is viewed, I think, where they don't have as many hangups about including it as part of their entertainment as we do here. Except weebs like Terry just look at the fact that it's a Japanese thing and think how awesome it is purely for that reason." Jill shakes her head sadly. "I mean, not that there isn't a valid point about us being too uptight about sex here. But they go the way they do for the wrong reasons." She glances back up at Claire confusedly. "Holy crap, we seriously haven't written any porn together, have we? How the hell did that happen? We should fix it."

"Censors in Japan are... strange. Did you know the reason tentacle rape is prevalent in Japanese anime is that genitals are censored, but tentacles are not? This way they can show phallic symbolism without actually have to censor any of it," Claire noted casually as she dug into her stew. ...this was delicious. Claire almost replied to Jill's comment at full volume, before realizing there was probably a reason for her whispering even if she did not see it. "That would be a fun project to undertake. Plus it would give us an excuse to look at a large amount of reference material," she flirted.

The TechnoGnome
2015-05-31, 11:35 PM
Claire gives a thankful smile to Betty. She was so sweet. Before addressing Robert. "Why would I take offence at that?" she asked, genuinely puzzled. "Granted I am not out to get myself, but 'conniving mastermind' is simply another phrase for 'intelligent and persistent'. Albeit in a somewhat specific way."

Betty gave her a small smile back, before turning to her mutton baguette and trying to figure out whether to eat it like a sandwich or a casserole. Both options looked valid, given how it was prepared.

Robert opened his mouth to try and explain, but saw Claire's expression and just sighed, "Nevermind."

He then proceeded to dig into his food.

"Huh," Robert said with a mouthful of soup, before swallowing and continuing, "Well, I'm still a little shocked that Jane actually agreed to draw this. Though I guess that might partially explain the psuedonym..."

Huh. The ****..... Becca questioned.

"I know, right?" Robert said, "Jill and I were talking about it earlier, but their plan here doesn't make much sense. They're doing something so incredibly blatant and expect to get away with it. Even if they're doing this to draw Claire's wrath with the cease and desist, people are going to see the similarities between the two works."

Valerie, despite Rachel's objections, seemed to be enjoying the corned beef and escargot. She holds a snail up to Becca, ""Hey, you should try one of these."

Illven
2015-05-31, 11:52 PM
Becca takes the snail.....

And seems to like it.

Thanks Val. She beamed back as she offered a bite of her mutton baguette.

Yeah, it makes no sense. It can't even be about the lawyers because Claire can just eat the legal fees.... Um. maybe it's a we'll settle for 1000 less then the legal fees?

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-01, 12:29 AM
Becca takes the snail.....

And seems to like it.

Thanks Val. She beamed back as she offered a bite of her mutton baguette.

Yeah, it makes no sense. It can't even be about the lawyers because Claire can just eat the legal fees.... Um. maybe it's a we'll settle for 1000 less then the legal fees?

"Maybe," Robert said with a shrug, "But you think Claire's really the type to settle like that? Not that Terry knows that, mind you, but still."

Val takes a bite a smiles, "Wow, this is pretty good."

"See?" John said with a smile, "Nothing to worry about!"

Illven
2015-06-01, 12:32 AM
Well if you don't know Claire, it doesn't seem like a terrible idea. Becca replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-06-01, 12:40 AM
"Maybe," Robert said with a shrug, "But you think Claire's really the type to settle like that? Not that Terry knows that, mind you, but still."

Val takes a bite a smiles, "Wow, this is pretty good."

"See?" John said with a smile, "Nothing to worry about!"

Well if you don't know Claire, it doesn't seem like a terrible idea. Becca replied.

"He knows I am rich," Claire pointed out. "Given I have enough money I do not need to worry about it, it makes sense I would sacrifice one thousand dollars for pride. That much should be obvious even not knowing anything about my character. I doubt he is hoping for a settlement, whatever his plan is."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-01, 12:56 AM
"He knows I am rich," Claire pointed out. "Given I have enough money I do not need to worry about it, it makes sense I would sacrifice one thousand dollars for pride. That much should be obvious even not knowing anything about my character. I doubt he is hoping for a settlement, whatever his plan is."

"Yeah, which makes it all the weirder he thinks he can compete with you," Robert said, "I can't help but feel there's an angle to this that we're missing."

Esprit15
2015-06-01, 01:04 AM
Sakuya looks up, her plate a total mix of corned beef and vegetables and her mouth full of food. "'Ould I 'ay 'im a vi'it?" she asks before swallowing.

Illven
2015-06-01, 01:07 AM

Pride, sure. But they may think. Wrongly of course. that you are lazy.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-01, 01:18 AM
Sakuya looks up, her plate a total mix of corned beef and vegetables and her mouth full of food. "'Ould I 'ay 'im a vi'it?" she asks before swallowing.

"Um, can you repeat that, please?" Robert asked, "Couldn't understand you with the food in your mouth."

"See? I told you this place was good!" Rachel said with a smile.

Pride, sure. But they may think. Wrongly of course. that you are lazy.

"That would make sense," Robert said as he took another bite, "I mean, if they think that Jill's the main creative force and Claire's just the financial backer with no real personal investment beyond profit, this might just be a way to try and milk money out of her. I'm not sure if Jane would be interested in that sort of thing, but Terry might be using her personal vendetta to get her to help them."

Esprit15
2015-06-01, 01:33 AM
She swallows. "I could pay him a visit. One way or another, we're getting what we want from him."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-01, 01:46 AM
She swallows. "I could pay him a visit. One way or another, we're getting what we want from him."

"Do we even know where he lives?" Robert asks, a lot less perturbed by the prospect than he probably should be.

Esprit15
2015-06-01, 01:56 AM
"Give me one day and I will," she says casually. "Hell, I can find him after school."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-01, 10:05 AM
"Give me one day and I will," she says casually. "Hell, I can find him after school."

"Oh no you do not," Claire frowned at Sakuya disapprovingly. "If I am not allowed to launch a dos attack you are not allowed to beat them up. Fair is fair." She pauses for a few moments before adding
"Besides, whatever their plan the cease and desist should halt it."

Amaril
2015-06-01, 10:17 AM
"What she said," Jill agrees. "You're not beating anybody up if I can help it."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-01, 07:22 PM
"Oh no you do not," Claire frowned at Sakuya disapprovingly. "If I am not allowed to launch a dos attack you are not allowed to beat them up. Fair is fair." She pauses for a few moments before adding
"Besides, whatever their plan the cease and desist should halt it."

Betty looks relieved at Claire talking Sakuya down. John, however, looks concerned, "Uh, shouldn't you not be doing it because stalking someone and beating them up at their house is wrong?"

Anubis Dread
2015-06-01, 07:31 PM
Betty looks relieved at Claire talking Sakuya down. John, however, looks concerned, "Uh, shouldn't you not be doing it because stalking someone and beating them up at their house is wrong?"

"Absolute morality is rather dangerous thinking, is it not?" Claire pointed out as she took a bite of her stew. "Significantly more so than believing violence can be justified in certain contexts."

Amaril
2015-06-01, 07:34 PM
Jill purses her lips worriedly. "That...really isn't true, sweetie."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-01, 07:38 PM
Jill purses her lips worriedly. "That...really isn't true, sweetie."

"That absolute morality is dangerous, or that violence can be justified?" Claire frowned in confusion. "I am guessing the first, as it is difficult to hold a belief in the second. If violence was not justifiable law enforcement would not possess weapons after all. Absolute morality is also hard to... or you could be arguing that John's statement is not an absolute moral stance at all. In which case yes, I suppose I may have committed a slippery slope fallacy," she admitted with a small blush.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-01, 07:57 PM
"That absolute morality is dangerous, or that violence can be justified?" Claire frowned in confusion. "I am guessing the first, as it is difficult to hold a belief in the second. If violence was not justifiable law enforcement would not possess weapons after all. Absolute morality is also hard to... or you could be arguing that John's statement is not an absolute moral stance at all. In which case yes, I suppose I may have committed a slippery slope fallacy," she admitted with a small blush.

John looked like he was about to answer, but Rachel interrupted with, "I guess so, Claire. Still, it doesn't sound like the best idea, even if it's for the right reasons." She gives a quick glance at John during the last part, and he gets the message.

Robert looks between the two of them, "Well, I still think you two should have a plan in case they don't listen to the cease-and-desist. Which given how brazen they've been so far is rather likely."

Amaril
2015-06-01, 07:58 PM
Jill gives Robert a puzzled look. "Well, then we'll sue the pants off 'em. Obviously."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-01, 08:16 PM
Jill gives Robert a puzzled look. "Well, then we'll sue the pants off 'em. Obviously."

"I thought we were in a monogomous relationship? In addition while Jane is somewhat attractive no-one else in the group seems to be the type I would enjoy seeing without pants," Claire noted. "Sueing in an attempt to intimidate them into stopping rather than stripping their garments is a good idea however.

Amaril
2015-06-01, 08:18 PM
"Yeah, you're right babe," Jill says, hiding a giggle behind her hand, "that sounds like a better idea."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 12:15 AM
Episode 6, Scene 5

The next morning at school, things seem pretty quiet at first. You all are in the hall before your first class when Claire receives a text from Heather:

Emergency! Jane's @ the newsroom. She's trying to convince ppl to turn on u by saying you got blackmail material on us, and that she has proof. You need to do damage control, now!

When you get there, you see Jane talking to some of the other reporters... and showing them the 'private' files you gave her on Terry and George. "...and logically, if she kept these files, there is a good chance she also kept the files my brother had on the rest of you." Some of the reporters look convinced, and even Heather's a little unsure about the situation.

Uh oh.

While Claire is dealing with that, Jill opens her locker... and several dozen rather explicit drawings of different students come tumbling out of it. There are pictures depicting all of the PCs, as well as Robert, Betty, Valerie, Terry, and even Jane littered among the floor, in full view of all the students walking by. The activity in the hall slows to a crawl as people start to notice the situation.

This is bad. Really bad.

Damage control time! Two situations need your attention now, but you can only spread yourselves so thin! Choose who to help! For obvious reasons, Claire is forced to take Option 1 and Jill is forced to take Option 2.

Allure D5: Sweet-talk reporters on the fence to stay loyal to Claire! +1 VP

Skill D7: Attempt to debunk Jane's evidence using logic! +2 VP

Conflict D8: Argue in Claire's defense! Put Jane on the defensive! +3 VP

Allure D7: Own to it! Playing it off and pretending it's not a big deal might convince others to do the same! +2 VP

Skill D8: Figure out how this could have happened, and convince people Jill isn't responsible! +3 VP

Conflict D5: Start destroying the evidence, while making absolutely certain people nearby know exactly what will happen if they mention what they've seen. +1 VP

The number of successes will determine how severe each situation ends up being.

Amaril
2015-06-02, 12:24 AM
Jill walks up to her locker grinning, having finally readjusted her schedule enough to be able to jog to school in the morning and still have time to duck into the bathroom and let off her head of steam before classes. The grin quickly turns into a scowl. "Ah, tits," she groans as the papers fall out, quickly kneeling down to get them out of everybody's way. "Sorry, just a sec," she hurriedly apologizes to a passing classmate who almost steps on her.
It's only after she finally gets all the drawings back in order that she stops to take a look at their content. "Hang on..." She's not sure whose the drawings are, but by the style, they're definitely not hers. "Who the f*** got into my locker?"

Allure, +2 Shameless, +2 Runner's Glow, +2 Morning Person (if it's still active, I can't remember how many rolls we've had this episode), activating Doujinshi Enthusiast (no uses remaining).

Anubis Dread
2015-06-02, 12:42 AM
...wow. This was perhaps the worst move Jane could have made. She had more contingencies involving her data than any other thing she possessed. Granted she had bypassed ten just being able to get access to it, but that still left seventy two. A combination of contingency eleven, seventeen, twenty two and thirty eight should be enough however.

"Number one," Claire began, casually placing her bag to the side as she stepped in. "We are a newspaper club. We are supposed to have files on people, events and other things in order to produce and verify stories. Especially verify. I would hate to publish something fictitious simply because I did not bother to take the time to gather enough information. Anyone who did something like that would risk being kicked out of the newspaper club. Oh. Wait."

"Number two," she continued, going over to a file cabinet and rifling through it. "Most of that is simply a copy of what George had already produced prior to my taking over. This for instance," she lugged out a huge binder and slammed it onto a nearby desk. "And this. And this. This I didn't bother because it's so woefully inaccurate. This I did though," she emphasized each point by slamming another binder onto the desk. "And these are just the files that have something involving the anime club in them. Granted this is indeed likely enough to blackmail someone. But it was all here long before I was. I simply did not destroy it as any act of destruction I could perform on these would make the data momentarily vulnerable for those who would want to use it." Truth be told only about half of those files had been there before. The best way to ensure she looked good was to make sure George looked bad. So she had... slightly inflated some of his old filed and deeds. Just in case. It was not as though she let anyone into the file cabinet normally.

"Number three. You have a personal vendetta against me. Which I can prove, with this," Claire pulled out some more papers from her purse and stuffed them into the anime clubs file before throwing it down onto the table. The copy of the site, a transcript of their conversation the other day which she had recorded on her phone, and her history with George. Jane was not a credible witness.

"Number four. I gave you that because I was genuinely concerned for you. I got help from my own club to gather that information because I was worried. They can verify what they looked through. I would not ask for assistance if I was doing something under handed," Claire pointed out. "I am disappointed in you Jane. I give you a warning out of concern and sympathy and you attempt to use it to deceive my club. An incredibly poor attempt admittedly since there is literally nothing in here that could even be construed as blackmail since it is all stuff George had published already, but an attempt none the less and it hurts me."

"I would question why you thought such a childish attempt to undermine my authority would work, but it clearly almost did. What is wrong with you," Claire scowled at her club firmly. "I thought I had beaten some backbone into you all so that nothing like George would ever happen again. Instead you let another no moral, lying bully barge in and let them convince you of fabrications. I expected better. I expect better in the future. Now, why are you still standing around when we have work to do?"

She'd tossed an extra fifty seven in at the end there, but it had seemed appropriate.

Keen Eye +2, School Queen +2, Poker Face +2 for Skill.

Illven
2015-06-02, 01:19 AM
And that's when Roger sent the text.

"Claire is ranting and raving in the newsroom." Roger replied.

Well deal with it. It's your job, your sacred duty, I have to help Jill. Becca replied.

But how. It's not as if she could just trip over....

Oh wait. That is how her life worked.

Well, Here we go.

.... Jeez.... Here I thought I could walk for a solid minute without tripping... Becca muttered... wait what were those papers in the girl's hand.

Weak Skill, Easily forgiven, Do your best!

Esprit15
2015-06-02, 02:20 AM
Episode 6, Scene 5

The next morning at school, things seem pretty quiet at first. You all are in the hall before your first class when Claire receives a text from Heather:

Emergency! Jane's @ the newsroom. She's trying to convince ppl to turn on u by saying you got blackmail material on us, and that she has proof. You need to do damage control, now!

When you get there, you see Jane talking to some of the other reporters... and showing them the 'private' files you gave her on Terry and George. "...and logically, if she kept these files, there is a good chance she also kept the files my brother had on the rest of you." Some of the reporters look convinced, and even Heather's a little unsure about the situation.

Uh oh.

As Claire finishes up, Sakuya steps into the room, looking around. "So," she says, making eye contact with every person in the room not named Claire, "I heard a bit of arguing and thought I would pop in, see what the fuss was about. I hope you guys aren't bothering my good friend," she adds, putting an arm around Claire. "I'm very much of the 'Mess with my friends, mess with me' mentality. Look, I've been through those files. We're the newspaper club; collecting data on students is what we do. If some of it happens to be blackmail worthy, well, that's other people's fault. They shouldn't do things they are worried about getting printed. Besides, we've moved beyond the smut rag that George printed. Even if we collect a little garbage, only a fraction of what we find ever makes it to print. If you find something objectionable in a paper, we are more than reasonable in making retractions and corrective statements, when good reason is given." The girl walks around the room as she goes on, picking up and examining various odds and ends in the class. What an interesting little metal globe... Hm, I like those scissors. I'm gonna hold onto those.

She pulls up a chair, clomping her hiking boots onto a desk with a loud thunk. "Now, what I am curious about, and I'm sure other will find this question interesting as well, is why you would betray Claire's trust. It is evident that she gave those to you in confidence, meaning there was a level of trust that she placed in you, and you decided to turn on her. Claire does not trust easily. I believe I heard the words 'personal vendetta' earlier, which is the likely reason. After all, we dethroned your brother and made a laughing stock out of him. Sorry about him, by the way, but I think you will agree the brat had it coming, and you must know that someone like me can't go about not following through on promises. Still, you are showing them what he collected on people, not us. This only solidifies us as more reputable, since this would have never reached print with us in charge." By now, she has the scissors open, tossing them up and down and watching them spin. She leans back, making her self at home in the room that she previously had never bothered to set foot in. "So I guess my question is, why did you think you could get away with this petty showing, and why did you want to make a further enemy of me?" At that, she grabs the scissors out of the air, pointing at Jane with the end.
Conflict (+1), Intimidating (+2), Armed (+1)

Do Your Best (+2)

Odd Roll (Double all odd rolls)

Can't fail

DoctorFaust
2015-06-02, 02:32 AM
Molly had already been heading over to Jill's locker before school started, but when she sees the papers fall, redoubles her pace, arriving just after Jill kneels down. "Guten morgen," she says, scooping up a handful of the nearest sheets. "How was your night?"

"Oh." Molly eyes fix on the sheet of paper, and she blushes suddenly before recovering her composure and letting out a laugh. "Huh. They really overexaggerated some of the proportions, didn't they. Must not've had very good reference photos, the arschloche."

Strong Allure, Boyish Charm, Quaint Greeting. +3

Today she's wearing her Field Marshall's jacket.

Angelalex242
2015-06-02, 09:23 AM
Maya felt a burst of inspiration from above. If she applied herself to really thinking about how this could happen, she'd surely come up with the answer. Fortunately for Jill, the same inspiration kept her from noticing any pictures of herself that may be mixed up in that. Perhaps it got hidden first.

Strong Skill, Do your Best mod, Foresight(odd)

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 03:24 PM
Jill walks up to her locker grinning, having finally readjusted her schedule enough to be able to jog to school in the morning and still have time to duck into the bathroom and let off her head of steam before classes. The grin quickly turns into a scowl. "Ah, tits," she groans as the papers fall out, quickly kneeling down to get them out of everybody's way. "Sorry, just a sec," she hurriedly apologizes to a passing classmate who almost steps on her.
It's only after she finally gets all the drawings back in order that she stops to take a look at their content. "Hang on..." She's not sure whose the drawings are, but by the style, they're definitely not hers. "Who the f*** got into my locker?"

Allure, +2 Shameless, +2 Runner's Glow, +2 Morning Person (if it's still active, I can't remember how many rolls we've had this episode), activating Doujinshi Enthusiast (no uses remaining).

Most people who walk by give Jill disgusted looks as they pass, and at least one person even takes a picture of the mess as they pass. Thankfully, Jill is able to collect most of the pictures before they get too far. One of Robert, however, manages to blow away... right into Robert, who snatches it our of the air. He takes a look at it and blushes, "Um, wow Jill. I mean, I've seen glimpses of stuff you've drawn of me before, but this is on a whole other level. And far more explicit than I'm used to from you. And..." he squints as he looks at the picture closer, "...not actually yours, apparently. Huh."

Molly had already been heading over to Jill's locker before school started, but when she sees the papers fall, redoubles her pace, arriving just after Jill kneels down. "Guten morgen," she says, scooping up a handful of the nearest sheets. "How was your night?"

"Oh." Molly eyes fix on the sheet of paper, and she blushes suddenly before recovering her composure and letting out a laugh. "Huh. They really overexaggerated some of the proportions, didn't they. Must not've had very good reference photos, the arschloche."

Strong Allure, Boyish Charm, Quaint Greeting. +3

Today she's wearing her Field Marshall's jacket.

"Yeah, some of the details are definitely off. Like, I'm pretty sure my nose isn't that big... right?" Robert self-consciously rubs his nose, "Yeah, definitely not that big."

And that's when Roger sent the text.

"Claire is ranting and raving in the newsroom." Roger replied.

Well deal with it. It's your job, your sacred duty, I have to help Jill. Becca replied.

But how. It's not as if she could just trip over....

Oh wait. That is how her life worked.

Well, Here we go.

.... Jeez.... Here I thought I could walk for a solid minute without tripping... Becca muttered... wait what were those papers in the girl's hand.

Weak Skill, Easily forgiven, Do your best!

At first, the drawings Becca had picked up of Betty and herself looked like they were just that: pictures. On very close inspection, however (the kind you only get by face-planting into them), it appears that something was erased on the pictures in order to create the drawings. Becca can make out the outlines of another, less realistically-proportioned person underneath the sketches, and what looked like a frame around it.

"Hey Becca, are you ok?" Robert asked

Maya felt a burst of inspiration from above. If she applied herself to really thinking about how this could happen, she'd surely come up with the answer. Fortunately for Jill, the same inspiration kept her from noticing any pictures of herself that may be mixed up in that. Perhaps it got hidden first.

Strong Skill, Do your Best mod, Foresight(odd)

Jill's locker showed no signs of forced entry. However, the lockers had vents on them, and quite a few of the papers appear folded up. More than likely, whoever did this simply slipped them through the vents until the locker was full enough to cause this mess upon opening. Of course, that still left the question as to when they did this. Clearly, it was either late after school or very early in the morning, to avoid getting caught. Early or late enough that whoever did this might need special permission to be in the school at those hours.

Meanwhile, Jane had been rather quickly unnerved by the combined force of Claire and Sakuya. It's clear that she did not expect either of them to show up when they did. Her gaze darted around the room as she responded, "I... I just wanted to end this," she stammered out, "This should be George's club, not yours. Once he has it back, this can end, and everything can go back to normal, and you can keep making your comic."

The club itself seemed divided on how to react, however. While some appeared reassured by Claire's sudden defense or skeptical of Jane due to Sakuya's offensive, others weren't so easily convinced.

"You know what I want to know?" one girl asked, "What's in those files you keep in your safe that you never show us."

"Uh, I'm sure it's nothing important," Roger replies. That answer does little to convince the others.

Rebecca, Sakuya, and Maya gain +3 VP; Jill, Molly, and Claire gain +2 VP.

Jill's situation has 4 successes. Severity: Minor.

Claire's situation has 2 successes. Severity: Troubling.

Anubis Dread
2015-06-02, 03:48 PM
Meanwhile, Jane had been rather quickly unnerved by the combined force of Claire and Sakuya. It's clear that she did not expect either of them to show up when they did. Her gaze darted around the room as she responded, "I... I just wanted to end this," she stammered out, "This should be George's club, not yours. Once he has it back, this can end, and everything can go back to normal, and you can keep making your comic."

The club itself seemed divided on how to react, however. While some appeared reassured by Claire's sudden defense or skeptical of Jane due to Sakuya's offensive, others weren't so easily convinced.

"You know what I want to know?" one girl asked, "What's in those files you keep in your safe that you never show us."

"Uh, I'm sure it's nothing important," Roger replies. That answer does little to convince the others.

"You are an idiot," Claire told Jane bluntly. Placing a hand of support on Sakuya's shoulder in thanks as she continued. "George will never have this club back. I could be struck by lightning right here and now and he would still never have this club back. Sakuya is correct. George burnt himself badly. Noone will ever take anything he writes seriously ever again regardless of anything I do. Or anything you were to right for that matter if you were to attempt to make yourself a proxy. Even if you suceeded in your laughable attempts to smear my good name you would recieve nothing but hollow and fleeting catharsis out of spite."

The follow up questions were troubling. Thankfully she had several lies prepared just in case. "Do you want to know what is in the safe? I will tell you," Claire replied, walking over to it. "John is technically incorrect. The contents are very important. Just not in the way you are accusing." Balling her hand into a fist, Claire punctuates her point by slamming it into the top of the safe. "Expense reports. Funding information. Private interviews. Copies of identification such as IDs, passports and birth certificates. Things we need to keep on file in order to verify information and perform our club duties but are far too sensitive to leave in a simple desk draw. THAT is what is in this safe."

DoctorFaust
2015-06-02, 04:05 PM
"Yeah, some of the details are definitely off. Like, I'm pretty sure my nose isn't that big... right?" Robert self-consciously rubs his nose, "Yeah, definitely not that big."

"Well, I didn't want to say anything, but..." Molly stands up, and taps the tip of his nose. "It is pretty big."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 04:26 PM
"Well, I didn't want to say anything, but..." Molly stands up, and taps the tip of his nose. "It is pretty big."

"Aw man, really?" Robert says with a frown, "Great, now I'm going to be obsessing over it all week."

"You are an idiot," Claire told Jane bluntly. Placing a hand of support on Sakuya's shoulder in thanks as she continued. "George will never have this club back. I could be struck by lightning right here and now and he would still never have this club back. Sakuya is correct. George burnt himself badly. Noone will ever take anything he writes seriously ever again regardless of anything I do. Or anything you were to right for that matter if you were to attempt to make yourself a proxy. Even if you suceeded in your laughable attempts to smear my good name you would recieve nothing but hollow and fleeting catharsis out of spite."

The follow up questions were troubling. Thankfully she had several lies prepared just in case. "Do you want to know what is in the safe? I will tell you," Claire replied, walking over to it. "John is technically incorrect. The contents are very important. Just not in the way you are accusing." Balling her hand into a fist, Claire punctuates her point by slamming it into the top of the safe. "Expense reports. Funding information. Private interviews. Copies of identification such as IDs, passports and birth certificates. Things we need to keep on file in order to verify information and perform our club duties but are far too sensitive to leave in a simple desk draw. THAT is what is in this safe."

"Um, my name is Roger..."

He was interrupted by another member of the club, "Why the hell do you have other people's passports and birth certificates? We're a high school paper! Aren't student IDs enough?"

Jane was reduced to looking down at the floor, a frown on her face. She wasn't even drawing on her tablet anymore, instead remaining completely still and silent.

Esprit15
2015-06-02, 04:26 PM
"Indeed. The majority of it is items that need to receive tighter security. Private interviews, documents. Some of it is stuff that people don't want to have see the light of day, and we do that for them. Nothing was gathered without permission that is in there."

"It's copies of documents on exchange students, or students on exchange."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-02, 04:34 PM
"Um, my name is Roger..."

He was interrupted by another member of the club, "Why the hell do you have other people's passports and birth certificates? We're a high school paper! Aren't student IDs enough?"

Jane was reduced to looking down at the floor, a frown on her face. She wasn't even drawing on her tablet anymore, instead remaining completely still and silent.

"Shut up Ross," Claire smirked. A little levity in this situation would be appreciated, correct?

"Indeed. The majority of it is items that need to receive tighter security. Private interviews, documents. Some of it is stuff that people don't want to have see the light of day, and we do that for them. Nothing was gathered without permission that is in there."

"Sakuya is correct. Copies of birth certificates and the like are often used for verification purposes for school functions. As the school paper we recieve copies of a lot of sensitive documents, so we need to keep them safe," Claire agreed. "Granted these are only copies. There is no logical reason for us to have actual birth certificates on file. But those are in the minority. The majority of the safe are snippets of stories and interviews that do not have enough evidence to be published. Some of them are from when George was in charge. Others are tips from anomonyous sources. Either way I do not wish to destroy them as they could be true. But I cannot publish them because I refuse to publish a false story. Keeping them on file in a place that no-one can access is the best course of action, as if someone did access them and the story got out and turned out to be false the potential to damage ours or someone else's reputation would be huge."

DoctorFaust
2015-06-02, 04:51 PM
"Aw man, really?" Robert says with a frown, "Great, now I'm going to be obsessing over it all week."

"Nah, not really," Molly says, hopping back a few steps. "I'm sure it's a perfectly normal sized nose... for someone about twice your size." She sticks her tongue out at Robert, and grins evilly.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 04:54 PM
"Nah, not really," Molly says, hopping back a few steps. "I'm sure it's a perfectly normal sized nose... for someone about twice your size." She sticks her tongue out at Robert, and grins evilly.

"I hate you," Robert mutters. He then looks over her shoulder and smirks, "Well, whoever drew this got your tiny ears right, at least."

"Shut up Ross," Claire smirked. A little levity in this situation would be appreciated, correct?

"Sakuya is correct. Copies of birth certificates and the like are often used for verification purposes for school functions. As the school paper we recieve copies of a lot of sensitive documents, so we need to keep them safe," Claire agreed. "Granted these are only copies. There is no logical reason for us to have actual birth certificates on file. But those are in the minority. The majority of the safe are snippets of stories and interviews that do not have enough evidence to be published. Some of them are from when George was in charge. Others are tips from anomonyous sources. Either way I do not wish to destroy them as they could be true. But I cannot publish them because I refuse to publish a false story. Keeping them on file in a place that no-one can access is the best course of action, as if someone did access them and the story got out and turned out to be false the potential to damage ours or someone else's reputation would be huge."

"You know, I am trying to help you here," Roger said, "It would be nice to show me a little respect."

"See, this is the real problem!" a boy shouts, "She treats most of us with so little respect, while propping up her friends to important places! I mean, Sakuya wasn't even a part of this club two months ago, yet she has access to that safe while veteran reporters don't? That's total bull****!"

DoctorFaust
2015-06-02, 05:11 PM
"I hate you," Robert mutters. He then looks over her shoulder and smirks, "Well, whoever drew this got your tiny ears right, at least."

Molly nods sagely, and replies, "And I think that's the only thing they managed to get right. Looking at this, you would think that my chest is as big as Becca's. They make anything of yours too big?"

Anubis Dread
2015-06-02, 05:19 PM
"You know, I am trying to help you here," Roger said, "It would be nice to show me a little respect."

"See, this is the real problem!" a boy shouts, "She treats most of us with so little respect, while propping up her friends to important places! I mean, Sakuya wasn't even a part of this club two months ago, yet she has access to that safe while veteran reporters don't? That's total bull****!"

"I... I was attempting to make a joke. I apologize," Claire mumbled in apology to Roger. Before scowling at the shouting boy.

"One. I treat everyone equally. Yes I brought some friends on board as I believed the club needed help. But the only people I treat better than the rest of you are those who excel. Sakuya and Heather have the most popular feature and churn out the highest quality work. Therefore I treat them slightly better. I do not however treat Sakuya better just because she is my friend," Claire lied. Mostly. That was pretty much her policy for everyone but Sakuya, but since Sakuya's feature was doing well she had never had to compromise her prinpals.

"Two, and more importantly, Sakuya does not have access to the safe," Claire added. "She asked what was in there and I told her. Much like you asked today and I am telling you now. The contents of the safe are not a secret, only the specifics of their contents. Sakuya has no more access to those than you do."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 05:46 PM
Molly nods sagely, and replies, "And I think that's the only thing they managed to get right. Looking at this, you would think that my chest is as big as Becca's. They make anything of yours too big?"

Robert looks at his picture again, then smirks, "Nope. That's a rather accurate size, if I do say so myself."

"I... I was attempting to make a joke. I apologize," Claire mumbled in apology to Roger. Before scowling at the shouting boy.

"One. I treat everyone equally. Yes I brought some friends on board as I believed the club needed help. But the only people I treat better than the rest of you are those who excel. Sakuya and Heather have the most popular feature and churn out the highest quality work. Therefore I treat them slightly better. I do not however treat Sakuya better just because she is my friend," Claire lied. Mostly. That was pretty much her policy for everyone but Sakuya, but since Sakuya's feature was doing well she had never had to compromise her prinpals.

"Two, and more importantly, Sakuya does not have access to the safe," Claire added. "She asked what was in there and I told her. Much like you asked today and I am telling you now. The contents of the safe are not a secret, only the specifics of their contents. Sakuya has no more access to those than you do."

"Thank you," Roger said, "I accept your apology."

"So you're telling us that the only one who has access to all of these important documents is you, then?" the boy retorted, "Why should we trust you with that much power?"

Illven
2015-06-02, 05:56 PM

I'm just a little creeped out though. Like I know I'm in a corest like ensemble, but there's a difference between looking at my boobs, and drawing them naked. Becca adds.

Anubis Dread
2015-06-02, 06:05 PM
"Thank you," Roger said, "I accept your apology."

"So you're telling us that the only one who has access to all of these important documents is you, then?" the boy retorted, "Why should we trust you with that much power?"

"...because you already did?" Claire frowned in puzzlement. "What did you believe the head of the newspaper club did? It is my responsibility to compile, analyze and store the information we gather. Much of it is public to any member of the club, but some of it is private and has to be contained. This was true when George was in charge, and the head before him, and the head before him as well. What exactly are you arguing in favor of? All of the information we gather being freely available to anyone to distribute?"

DoctorFaust
2015-06-02, 06:09 PM
Robert looks at his picture again, then smirks, "Nope. That's a rather accurate size, if I do say so myself."

Molly quirks an eyebrow, and her grin spreads. "Wow. Maybe Maya was right to try and get you to go in spandex for that dance. That would've violated all sorts of dress codes."

Angelalex242
2015-06-02, 06:33 PM
"From what I can see, this wasn't a forced entry. These were probably slipped through the vents until the locker was full. I'd say it'd have to be done early enough morning or late enough at night. They'd need permission to be here that late...or they snuck by security, whichever."

And that's Maya's assessment of Jill's locker.

Esprit15
2015-06-02, 06:42 PM
"Yeah. If we were to share everything that we found, we'd get exhausted with all the papers we put out, and get angry letters that I would have to respond to. Our goals were to not do the thing we hated the old paper for doing. We've shown ourselves trustworthy thus far. Why should that change?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 06:45 PM
Molly quirks an eyebrow, and her grin spreads. "Wow. Maybe Maya was right to try and get you to go in spandex for that dance. That would've violated all sorts of dress codes."

"Uh, yeah, it probably would have," Robert said with a blush.

I'm just a little creeped out though. Like I know I'm in a corest like ensemble, but there's a difference between looking at my boobs, and drawing them naked. Becca adds.

"That's a pretty good point," Robert said, "Whoever actually did this knew us well enough to make these look at least somewhat accurate."

"...because you already did?" Claire frowned in puzzlement. "What did you believe the head of the newspaper club did? It is my responsibility to compile, analyze and store the information we gather. Much of it is public to any member of the club, but some of it is private and has to be contained. This was true when George was in charge, and the head before him, and the head before him as well. What exactly are you arguing in favor of? All of the information we gather being freely available to anyone to distribute?"

"George didn't keep a safe of information in the office though," the boy pointed out, "And he didn't use the newspaper as an advertising platform for his girlfriend's comic."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 06:52 PM
"From what I can see, this wasn't a forced entry. These were probably slipped through the vents until the locker was full. I'd say it'd have to be done early enough morning or late enough at night. They'd need permission to be here that late...or they snuck by security, whichever."

And that's Maya's assessment of Jill's locker.

"Hmm..." Robert said, "Well then, that pretty much gives us a culprit, doesn't it? Clubs have said special permission, and there's only one we know of that would pull a stunt like this."

"Yeah. If we were to share everything that we found, we'd get exhausted with all the papers we put out, and get angry letters that I would have to respond to. Our goals were to not do the thing we hated the old paper for doing. We've shown ourselves trustworthy thus far. Why should that change?"

"We're not asking you share them with the rest of the school," a girl said, "We just don't want one person hoarding all the private information. You said yourself you don't want to repeat George's mistakes. What do you think gave him so much power to work with?"

Anubis Dread
2015-06-02, 06:55 PM
"George didn't keep a safe of information in the office though," the boy pointed out, "And he didn't use the newspaper as an advertising platform for his girlfriend's comic."

"That is because George was an idiot who did not keep everything nearly as secure as it should be. The fact he was not sued for gross negligence amazes me," Claire shook her head despairingly. "As for the comic, I would have printed those stories irregardless of whether the comic was my girlfriends or not. A student having a published comic with good sales figures is big news. ...I freely admit however I went overboard with the article on the webcomic and the article on the action figure. Our sales figures tanked as a result for those issues. I will not replicate the error, and I had no intention of doing so even before you brought it up," she promised.

"We're not asking you share them with the rest of the school," a girl said, "We just don't want one person hoarding all the private information. You said yourself you don't want to repeat George's mistakes. What do you think gave him so much power to work with?"

"The ability to print whatever story he wanted without having to answer to a group of peers," Claire replied. "Information was never what made George powerful. He made up most of his stories anyway. I trust you all to keep me in check. I show you all everything before publishing. That is my fail safe."

Amaril
2015-06-02, 07:09 PM
"Yeah," Jill agrees, finally standing up from collecting the last of the pictures. "Rob's right. We know who did this. Now the only question is, what do we do about it? We still have no idea what Jane and Terry are really trying to accomplish, so we can't know how our response would play into their plans..."

Illven
2015-06-02, 07:09 PM
"Hmm..." Robert said, "Well then, that pretty much gives us a culprit, doesn't it? Clubs have said special permission, and there's only one we know of that would pull a stunt like this."

Goddamn it anime club. Hentai and anime are not the same.... Wait.... she was still on top of the chick..... becca gets up.

So sorry. My name's Rebecca, and yours? She asks extending a hand to the girl.

Angelalex242
2015-06-02, 07:15 PM
"Yeah," Jill agrees, finally standing up from collecting the last of the pictures. "Rob's right. We know who did this. Now the only question is, what do we do about it? We still have no idea what Jane and Terry are really trying to accomplish, so we can't know how our response would play into their plans..."

Well, the simplest answer is turn the material over to the faculty, and let them figure it out, along with the information we've uncovered. They can handle it better then we can.

Authority exists for a reason.

Esprit15
2015-06-02, 07:20 PM
"We act as a democracy. The whole point of it is that decisions are made as a group. If Claire has an idea that is bad, we are free to shoot them down."

Amaril
2015-06-02, 07:30 PM
"See, normally I'd agree with Maya on this, and that's something you'll almost certainly never hear me say again," Jill counters, "but right now, I just don't know if that'll help their position somehow. I mean, I can't see how it could, but still..." She frowns thoughtfully. "Honestly, I'm tempted to just keep doing nothing, at least until the CaD comes through and we can see what they do about that. It's not like this is even really a big deal." She notices the girl pinned underneath Becca just after her friend does. "Oh, hey, yeah, sorry, you okay there?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 07:47 PM
Well, the simplest answer is turn the material over to the faculty, and let them figure it out, along with the information we've uncovered. They can handle it better then we can.

Authority exists for a reason.

"Maybe, but we have no concrete proof it was them," Robert pointed out, "Besides, even if we took it to the principal, how likely do you think it is he'll actually do something as opposed to just blame Jill?"

Goddamn it anime club. Hentai and anime are not the same.... Wait.... she was still on top of the chick..... becca gets up.

So sorry. My name's Rebecca, and yours? She asks extending a hand to the girl.

The girl didn't need any introductions: it was Betty. And the poor girl looked absolutely stunned. "I, I, I..." Was all she was managing to stammer out due to how hard she was blushing.

"That is because George was an idiot who did not keep everything nearly as secure as it should be. The fact he was not sued for gross negligence amazes me," Claire shook her head despairingly. "As for the comic, I would have printed those stories irregardless of whether the comic was my girlfriends or not. A student having a published comic with good sales figures is big news. ...I freely admit however I went overboard with the article on the webcomic and the article on the action figure. Our sales figures tanked as a result for those issues. I will not replicate the error, and I had no intention of doing so even before you brought it up," she promised.

"The ability to print whatever story he wanted without having to answer to a group of peers," Claire replied. "Information was never what made George powerful. He made up most of his stories anyway. I trust you all to keep me in check. I show you all everything before publishing. That is my fail safe."

"We act as a democracy. The whole point of it is that decisions are made as a group. If Claire has an idea that is bad, we are free to shoot them down."

The other members of the club were looking more confident in Claire and Sakuya's testimony. During all of this, Jane had recovered enough to begin drawing again, though it was slow and heavy, "I... Why can you keep secrets and get away with it? Why could George not?" It's clear she's trying anything at this point, even though she already knows she's lost.

Anubis Dread
2015-06-02, 07:51 PM
The other members of the club were looking more confident in Claire and Sakuya's testimony. During all of this, Jane had recovered enough to begin drawing again, though it was slow and heavy, "I... Why can you keep secrets and get away with it? Why could George not?" It's clear she's trying anything at this point, even though she already knows she's lost.

"Jane. You have tested my patience to the extent I have no desire to phrase this gently simply because you are ignorant," Claire began bluntly. "Keeping secrets was not George's problem. Publishing secrets that should have been kept so, and publishing 'secrets' he had fabricated were. This is the exact opposite of the situation under George's leadership."

Illven
2015-06-02, 08:02 PM
The girl didn't need any introductions: it was Betty. And the poor girl looked absolutely stunned. "I, I, I..." Was all she was managing to stammer out due to how hard she was blushing.

Like them? Becca teased with a smirk

Don't worry you're certainly not the first to have their face in them. She said with a calming smile.

Angelalex242
2015-06-02, 08:03 PM
"Maybe, but we have no concrete proof it was them," Robert pointed out, "Besides, even if we took it to the principal, how likely do you think it is he'll actually do something as opposed to just blame Jill?"

There is no concrete proof, no. And it would take too much effort to obtain such proof through fingerprinting or whatever. Still, not all teachers are Mr. Parker. If Jill complains about unwanted lewd pictures in her locker, the school must take action...or risk a lawsuit for not being tough on harassment. Sexual harassment, given the nature of the pictures. Most schools are zero tolerance for a reason.

Esprit15
2015-06-02, 08:22 PM
Sakuya had been backing Claire up before, but there was nothing to add here. George was a punk and Claire was not is really the primary difference here.

Illven
2015-06-02, 08:40 PM
There is no concrete proof, no. And it would take too much effort to obtain such proof through fingerprinting or whatever. Still, not all teachers are Mr. Parker. If Jill complains about unwanted lewd pictures in her locker, the school must take action...or risk a lawsuit for not being tough on harassment. Sexual harassment, given the nature of the pictures. Most schools are zero tolerance for a reason.

No they aren't. Do you know how many times I've been sexually harassed and the school does nothing. Becca argued.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 08:46 PM

"I guess," Robert said, "Still, I doubt we can make it stick on the anime club. But it might be worth a shot anyways. It's up to Jill."

Like them? Becca teased with a smirk

Don't worry you're certainly not the first to have their face in them. She said with a calming smile.

Betty stammered out. "I'm s-sorry, I d-didn't mean to... I mean I r-really should have said something, b-but I c-couldn't speak a-and they felt so n-nice and..." She lets out a squeak and blushes harder, "I sh-shouldn't have said that! I, I'm sorry, I..."

"Jane. You have tested my patience to the extent I have no desire to phrase this gently simply because you are ignorant," Claire began bluntly. "Keeping secrets was not George's problem. Publishing secrets that should have been kept so, and publishing 'secrets' he had fabricated were. This is the exact opposite of the situation under George's leadership."

Jane frowned and stopped drawing, "I... I cannot believe you. I wish I could, but There... There has to be something you did wrong. You... You threatened him. Pushed him into a corner..." She glared at Sakuya, "And you burned him."

"Wait, was he telling the truth about that?" Heather asked in shock.

Illven
2015-06-02, 08:49 PM
Betty stammered out. "I'm s-sorry, I d-didn't mean to... I mean I r-really should have said something, b-but I c-couldn't speak a-and they felt so n-nice and..." She lets out a squeak and blushes harder, "I sh-shouldn't have said that! I, I'm sorry, I..."

It's fine Betty, really it is. Becca said hugging her.

Esprit15
2015-06-02, 08:54 PM
She shrugs. "I told him I would. He said I wouldn't. He was wrong. What, am I supposed to say sorry for last year's drama? He was hardly innocent, and had plenty of chances to act like a civilized human being."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-02, 09:06 PM
"...come to think of it, why ARE you so obsessed with me? Surely Sakuya would be a better target since she actually inflicted physical damage. Is it because you know she would not treat you with kiddie gloves?" Claire asked curiously. "To clarify aside from confronting him verbally together at one stage me and Sakuya were not involved in each others actions while attempting to deal with George."

Angelalex242
2015-06-02, 09:13 PM
"I guess," Robert said, "Still, I doubt we can make it stick on the anime club. But it might be worth a shot anyways. It's up to Jill."

Jane frowned and stopped drawing, "I... I cannot believe you. I wish I could, but There... There has to be something you did wrong. You... You threatened him. Pushed him into a corner..." She glared at Sakuya, "And you burned him."

"Wait, was he telling the truth about that?" Heather asked in shock.

Make it stick? Possibly not. However, it's certainly enough to get them to increase security in the locker area. They do hire people for just such a purpose, after all.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 09:54 PM
Make it stick? Possibly not. However, it's certainly enough to get them to increase security in the locker area. They do hire people for just such a purpose, after all.

"Maybe," Robert said, "You don't think they'll just assume Jill drew these and get her in trouble though, do you?"

It's fine Betty, really it is. Becca said hugging her.

Betty calmed down a bit as she was hugged, "Th-Thank you, Becca. I... Wh-what's this?"

Before Becca can stop her, Betty takes back the picture of herself and looks at it. Her face pales, and she begins trembling, "Wh-where did you... D-did a-anyone else..." She crumples the paper in a panic as she looks over at Jill, "D-did you..."

She shrugs. "I told him I would. He said I wouldn't. He was wrong. What, am I supposed to say sorry for last year's drama? He was hardly innocent, and had plenty of chances to act like a civilized human being."

This seemed to be the spark that ignited the powder keg. All at once, people started arguing over whether Sakuya was Claire's jack-booted thug, a complete psychopath, or a bringer of justice, with the latter not getting as much traction as either Claire or Sakuya would like.

"...come to think of it, why ARE you so obsessed with me? Surely Sakuya would be a better target since she actually inflicted physical damage. Is it because you know she would not treat you with kiddie gloves?" Claire asked curiously. "To clarify aside from confronting him verbally together at one stage me and Sakuya were not involved in each others actions while attempting to deal with George."

Jane pointed to the arguing, "That is why. Because she is a monster, and she is already feared around here. I cannot hurt her any further than she has already done to herself without stooping to her level of sadism, or bring her innocent sister into this, which I refuse to do. You, on the other hand, do have a reputation to ruin, and things you care about that I can take from you without becoming something terrible. I admit that I do not take much pleasure in what I have to do, but I must stand by my brother and right the injustices you have done to him. No more, no less. If I had succeeded here today, you could have even kept your comic. I like it and do not want to see it gone, but if that is what it takes to dethrone you I will do it. I could have done much worse if I had wanted, but I do not want to cause needless damage."

Illven
2015-06-02, 10:05 PM
Betty calmed down a bit as she was hugged, "Th-Thank you, Becca. I... Wh-what's this?"

Before Becca can stop her, Betty takes back the picture of herself and looks at it. Her face pales, and she begins trembling, "Wh-where did you... D-did a-anyone else..." She crumples the paper in a panic as she looks over at Jill, "D-did you..."

No, Betty. Jill doesn't do that. Becca replied.

Esprit15
2015-06-02, 10:50 PM
Sakuya slams her fist on the desk, noticeable damage done. "Hey! Listen up! If you want to accuse me of being a hired thug, which I'm not, I can happily fill the role you set out for me, and I will play it to a f***ing T! Anything I have done has been reactionary. The incident with George was entirely my own doing, not something planned or financed by her. In fact, I would say being in the paper has kept me in check more than anything." She sights, setting the scissors down. "Look, do you really want George back in charge? The guy who blatantly abused his power? The paper has been more popular than ever, and we have shown ourselves to be trustworthy people with the info we have held. Why does this change anything?"

Amaril
2015-06-02, 10:59 PM
"Yes I do," Jill replies to Becca, sounding confused. "But I didn't do that one, or any of these. Don't worry. Anyway," she continues, turning back to Robert and Maya, "thanks for the support, guys, but I think I'm just gonna let it slide, at least this once. If anyone tries it again, though, or anything else like it, I promise I'll get the staff involved."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-02, 11:12 PM
Jane pointed to the arguing, "That is why. Because she is a monster, and she is already feared around here. I cannot hurt her any further than she has already done to herself without stooping to her level of sadism, or bring her innocent sister into this, which I refuse to do. You, on the other hand, do have a reputation to ruin, and things you care about that I can take from you without becoming something terrible. I admit that I do not take much pleasure in what I have to do, but I must stand by my brother and right the injustices you have done to him. No more, no less. If I had succeeded here today, you could have even kept your comic. I like it and do not want to see it gone, but if that is what it takes to dethrone you I will do it. I could have done much worse if I had wanted, but I do not want to cause needless damage."

Claire was silent for a while. A deathly, dangerous silent. As soon as Sakuya restored some order, she spoke.

"Leave. Now," she ordered Jane quietly. "I do not care that you are attempting to rip off my work for some vendetta. I do not care that you think I am some kind of monster. I do not care that you called me overweight. I do not care that you put our names on a sub par work simply to attempt to damage our reputation. I do not care that you took a kind gesture I performed for you and attempted to make a mockery of me for it. I do not care that you attempted to create a rebellion in one of the few places I consider truly safe. But no-one, NO-ONE, calls my best friend a monster and can stand in front of me without retribution."

Walking towards Jane, Claire looked her right in the eye. "I will break you. I will crush whatever feeble attempt you make to defeat me. Then I will create my own weapon and plunge it into your black heart. Because I warned you. I told you I did not care about anything you did so long as it did not hurt Sakuya or Jill. Then you call her a monster in front of me. Leave before I make you leave. You are done."

Illven
2015-06-02, 11:36 PM
"Yes I do," Jill replies to Becca, sounding confused. "But I didn't do that one, or any of these. Don't worry. Anyway," she continues, turning back to Robert and Maya, "thanks for the support, guys, but I think I'm just gonna let it slide, at least this once. If anyone tries it again, though, or anything else like it, I promise I'll get the staff involved."

You sure, Jill? I mean I know it's a worth a shot, but if it happens the second time I know they are going to be all "Why didn't you bring this up the first time!" Becca adds.

Amaril
2015-06-02, 11:38 PM
"Then I'll tell them the truth," Jill says simply. "That I hoped it was an isolated incident, and thought the best way not to provoke whoever did it further would be to just ignore it. That was always what they taught us to do about bullies when we were tiny, so if they don't listen to it now then they're guilty of some grade-A BS."

Illven
2015-06-02, 11:41 PM
"Then I'll tell them the truth," Jill says simply. "That I hoped it was an isolated incident, and thought the best way not to provoke whoever did it further would be to just ignore it. That was always what they taught us to do about bullies when we were tiny, so if they don't listen to it now then they're guilty of some grade-A BS."

They'll be guilty. Becca warned.

Amaril
2015-06-02, 11:42 PM
"Maybe," Jill concedes, "but if they have their heads that far up their asses, nothing I do will help regardless."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-02, 11:45 PM

Robert gives Jill a look, but nods, "Alright. Like I said, it's your call."

Betty, however, looks very upset at Jill, "S-So e-even after l-last time, y-you still... of me? Why?"

Sakuya slams her fist on the desk, noticeable damage done. "Hey! Listen up! If you want to accuse me of being a hired thug, which I'm not, I can happily fill the role you set out for me, and I will play it to a f***ing T! Anything I have done has been reactionary. The incident with George was entirely my own doing, not something planned or financed by her. In fact, I would say being in the paper has kept me in check more than anything." She sights, setting the scissors down. "Look, do you really want George back in charge? The guy who blatantly abused his power? The paper has been more popular than ever, and we have shown ourselves to be trustworthy people with the info we have held. Why does this change anything?"

Sakuya gets no response, other than silence. After a bit, the majority of the staff seem, if not entirely convinced, at least placated for the moment. Especially once Claire responds...

Claire was silent for a while. A deathly, dangerous silent. As soon as Sakuya restored some order, she spoke.

"Leave. Now," she ordered Jane quietly. "I do not care that you are attempting to rip off my work for some vendetta. I do not care that you think I am some kind of monster. I do not care that you called me overweight. I do not care that you put our names on a sub par work simply to attempt to damage our reputation. I do not care that you took a kind gesture I performed for you and attempted to make a mockery of me for it. I do not care that you attempted to create a rebellion in one of the few places I consider truly safe. But no-one, NO-ONE, calls my best friend a monster and can stand in front of me without retribution."

Walking towards Jane, Claire looked her right in the eye. "I will break you. I will crush whatever feeble attempt you make to defeat me. Then I will create my own weapon and plunge it into your black heart. Because I warned you. I told you I did not care about anything you did so long as it did not hurt Sakuya or Jill. Then you call her a monster in front of me. Leave before I make you leave. You are done."

Jane, step back as Claire closed in. The hand holding her tablet started trembling, though she spoke in her usual monotone, "Fine. You were always my enemy anyway. It just took you way long to realize it." It seems like she wanted to say more, but instead she turned around and made her way to the door.

As she was leaving, one of the photographers came in, "Hey guys, you are not going to believe this! I was walking in the hall, and this girl's locker just exploded with baked drawings of other students! I got pictures and everything! Want to see? This is gonna be the story of the month!"

Jane lingered at the door just long enough to listen to the photographer before quickly walking down the hall and out of sight.

Illven
2015-06-02, 11:56 PM
Robert gives Jill a look, but nods, "Alright. Like I said, it's your call."

Betty, however, looks very upset at Jill, "S-So e-even after l-last time, y-you still... of me? Why?"

If you asked her to stop she doesn't. Becca replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-06-02, 11:57 PM
Jane, step back as Claire closed in. The hand holding her tablet started trembling, though she spoke in her usual monotone, "Fine. You were always my enemy anyway. It just took you way long to realize it." It seems like she wanted to say more, but instead she turned around and made her way to the door.

As she was leaving, one of the photographers came in, "Hey guys, you are not going to believe this! I was walking in the hall, and this girl's locker just exploded with baked drawings of other students! I got pictures and everything! Want to see? This is gonna be the story of the month!"

Jane lingered at the door just long enough to listen to the photographer before quickly walking down the hall and out of sight.

Claire felt a huge wave of sympathy of Jane. Which she promptly recognized, grabbed a hold of, and locked it away. She had no time to feel sympathy for someone who would blatantly disrespect Sakuya. She had no place for a conscience when it came to dealing with someone like her. She needed pure ruthlessness, drive, and ambition. She needed no sympathy clouding her perception. She never did. It was a mistake to ever feel anything for anyone outside of her friends. It had resulted in trouble.

"I am guessing this is another of Jane's foolish plans," Claire sighed. "Hand me the camera. I will verify my suspicions before we start investigating. Whether it is or not you are indeed correct. We need to publish this." If this was a dirty trick by Jane exposing it would be the perfect excuse to slander her in the paper without people believing she was using it to further her own vendetta.

Esprit15
2015-06-02, 11:59 PM
"We'll look into it," Sakuya says, heading over to look at the picture, chuckling a little as she sees. "I bet you we can even get an interview with her. We might have a shot to show what kind of reputation our paper will have, that it will be a positive one. Mostly."

Angelalex242
2015-06-03, 12:00 AM
If you asked her to stop she doesn't. Becca replied.

These were planted, Betty. It's not Jill's doing.

Just as well she herself was left out of it...as far as she knows.

Illven
2015-06-03, 12:07 AM
These were planted, Betty. It's not Jill's doing.

Just as well she herself was left out of it...as far as she knows.

I'm pleasantly surprised you believe us. Becca comments.

Amaril
2015-06-03, 12:08 AM
"Yeah, don't worry, Betty, I didn't mean of you," Jill hastily reassures her. "You asked me to stop, and I've only ever drawn you fully clothed since. I just meant it's something I do in general."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-03, 12:24 AM
"Oh, r-really?" Betty says, reassured by the others, "O-ok... I st-still don't th-think you sh-should be d-drawing things like th-this w-without p-permission, Jill. I n-never w-would have e-even known if I h-hadn't caught y-you d-doing it at l-lunch..."

"We'll look into it," Sakuya says, heading over to look at the picture, chuckling a little as she sees. "I bet you we can even get an interview with her. We might have a shot to show what kind of reputation our paper will have, that it will be a positive one. Mostly."

Three guesses who the pictures of.

"Great, Rebecca's gonna be on my ass about this big time," Roger groans.

"Sakuya does have a point though," the boy from earlier said, "If we publish this, people will know Claire isn't biased. There were tons of stories George repressed just because they were of certain people."

Amaril
2015-06-03, 12:27 AM
"How is it any different from fantasizing about people I know?" Jill says with a hint of challenge. "But just about everyone does that, and nobody complains. My drawings are for me and nobody else, unless I have the subject's express permission. The only reason I even stop drawing people if they ask me to is because there's more risk of someone seeing a drawing who isn't supposed to than there is of someone seeing a fantasy who isn't supposed to, so people should be able to refuse that risk."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-03, 12:28 AM
Three guesses who the pictures of.

"Great, Rebecca's gonna be on my ass about this big time," Roger groans.

"Sakuya does have a point though," the boy from earlier said, "If we publish this, people will know Claire isn't biased. There were tons of stories George repressed just because they were of certain people."

"We are definitely publishing this," Claire agreed. "But we are getting the full story first. Can someone go grab Jill so someone other than me can interview her? I am going to compare the pictures here with the pictures Jill has drawn before to see if my suspicions are correct." She had to be the one to do the picture comparison as she was the only one familiar enough with art to be able to make such judgement. But since the club still suspected her of bias having someone else do the actual interview should suffice.

Esprit15
2015-06-03, 12:54 AM
"I actually meant getting the full story, not hopping on whatever might boost sales for a day at the expense of someone else," she says, seconding Claire. "And this is clearly by someone who hasn't seen me much. My boobs are not nearly that big."

Angelalex242
2015-06-03, 12:54 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised you believe us. Becca comments.

The evidence is in favor of a plant. Also, the drawing style's different. It's very hard to mimic another artist's style. People try...art classes have people copy the Mona Lisa as best they can. Doesn't mean any of those copies will be mistaken for the original.

Anubis Dread
2015-06-03, 01:02 AM
"I actually meant getting the full story, not hopping on whatever might boost sales for a day at the expense of someone else," she says, seconding Claire. "And this is clearly by someone who hasn't seen me much. My boobs are not nearly that big."

"Definitely not. I drew some artwork that is significantly more accurate if you wish to view it for comparison," Claire agreed, beginning to rummage through her bag. "Which means odds are this is not Jill, since she frequently sees both Sakuya and my artwork. Her work would not be this off in terms of proportion."

Illven
2015-06-03, 01:06 AM
The evidence is in favor of a plant. Also, the drawing style's different. It's very hard to mimic another artist's style. People try...art classes have people copy the Mona Lisa as best they can. Doesn't mean any of those copies will be mistaken for the original.

True, true. Becca replied.

Though... Maya.... How do you know what Jill's artwork looks like? It would take more then a accidental viewing to tell. Becca asked with a smirk

Angelalex242
2015-06-03, 01:32 AM
True, true. Becca replied.

Though... Maya.... How do you know what Jill's artwork looks like? It would take more then a accidental viewing to tell. Becca asked with a smirk

Maya shrugs.

Art class. She IS one of the best artists in the school.

Esprit15
2015-06-03, 01:35 AM
"Definitely not. I drew some artwork that is significantly more accurate if you wish to view it for comparison," Claire agreed, beginning to rummage through her bag. "Which means odds are this is not Jill, since she frequently sees both Sakuya and my artwork. Her work would not be this off in terms of proportion."

"Am I clothed? If not, I'll just take your word on it..." Sakuya says, turning a cute shade of pink.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-03, 01:56 AM
"How is it any different from fantasizing about people I know?" Jill says with a hint of challenge. "But just about everyone does that, and nobody complains. My drawings are for me and nobody else, unless I have the subject's express permission. The only reason I even stop drawing people if they ask me to is because there's more risk of someone seeing a drawing who isn't supposed to than there is of someone seeing a fantasy who isn't supposed to, so people should be able to refuse that risk."

"B-But how c-can someone r-refuse if they d-don't know you're d-doing it to begin with?" Betty asked, "I d-didn't, and I th-think M-Maya and M-Molly w-wouldn't l-like it either."

"We are definitely publishing this," Claire agreed. "But we are getting the full story first. Can someone go grab Jill so someone other than me can interview her? I am going to compare the pictures here with the pictures Jill has drawn before to see if my suspicions are correct." She had to be the one to do the picture comparison as she was the only one familiar enough with art to be able to make such judgement. But since the club still suspected her of bias having someone else do the actual interview should suffice.

"On it," one of the reporters said as they raced off.

As for the comparison, it's pretty clear on inspection that this isn't Jill's work, or at least none that you know of. In fact, the styles have quite a bit of variation between them, though almost all of them have at least a little bit of an anime influence.

Illven
2015-06-03, 02:01 AM
"B-But how c-can someone r-refuse if they d-don't know you're d-doing it to begin with?" Betty asked, "I d-didn't, and I th-think M-Maya and M-Molly w-wouldn't l-like it either."

If they don't know it's happening, what harm is it? Becca shrugs.

DoctorFaust
2015-06-03, 02:56 AM

"Isn't that what you guys said about the... situation with Mr. Hartwell?"

Anubis Dread
2015-06-03, 10:50 AM
"Am I clothed? If not, I'll just take your word on it..." Sakuya says, turning a cute shade of pink.

"No you are not clothed. But I was talking about showing the club, not yourself," Claire frowned as she finally pulled it out. "See?" she pointed out as she held it up for the club to see. "The breasts are significantly smaller, but she also has significantly more muscle tone. Which is actually intensely attractive. Far more so than the previous artwork would suggest. Anyway while you compare the flagrant details I will do a more detailed analysis," she hands the paper to a reporter before beginning the comparison and coming to her conclusion.

Esprit15
2015-06-03, 11:41 AM
Sakuya opens her mouth to object, but is too slow. So much for taking her word.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-03, 02:08 PM

"I-It's g-got to b-be an i-invasion of p-privacy or s-something, r-right?" She's looking more unsure of herself as the situation progresses.

"Isn't that what you guys said about the... situation with Mr. Hartwell?"

"Yeah," Robert said, his brow furrowing, "It was. You know, now I'm a little worried Claire still just gave him the job."

"No you are not clothed. But I was talking about showing the club, not yourself," Claire frowned as she finally pulled it out. "See?" she pointed out as she held it up for the club to see. "The breasts are significantly smaller, but she also has significantly more muscle tone. Which is actually intensely attractive. Far more so than the previous artwork would suggest. Anyway while you compare the flagrant details I will do a more detailed analysis," she hands the paper to a reporter before beginning the comparison and coming to her conclusion.

If there was any faster way to cause the staff to stop working to gawk at something, Claire hadn't found it yet. One of the reporters came up, "Uh, I'll be more than happy to do that comparison for you."

Amaril
2015-06-03, 02:10 PM
"Betty," Jill says patiently, "if it doesn't hurt anyone in anyway--which privately drawing someone doesn't, if it remains private--then there can't possibly be anything wrong with it."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-03, 02:22 PM
If there was any faster way to cause the staff to stop working to gawk at something, Claire hadn't found it yet. One of the reporters came up, "Uh, I'll be more than happy to do that comparison for you."

Hm... "I do not feel you could compare the other pieces, but comparing this specific set to get additional verification seems to be a good idea," Claire agreed, handing the artwork over to him. "The more evidence we have as to what truly occured the better the story will be."

The pictures were definitely not of Jill's style. But they had no real proof that it was Jane's. Back to deviantart she supposed. It was tedius work. But it gave Claire time to think about her next move. What was Jane's goal? To damage the reputation of Flow. How was she doing it? By publishing a cheap knock off and attempting to put their names on it so that people would believe it was Flow and turn away from it. What was the solution? The first solution was to simply shut it down. The cease and desist should be delivered to the club this afternoon. She would check and see what their response was before school ended. The second solution was to simply ignore it. But that would allow Jane to win, even if it was a paltry victory. The third solution... oh. Well. That would certainly work. if the cease and desist did not work, she would implement that plan. It actually made Claire smile in anticipation as she worked.

DoctorFaust
2015-06-03, 02:30 PM
"Betty," Jill says patiently, "if it doesn't hurt anyone in anyway--which privately drawing someone doesn't, if it remains private--then there can't possibly be anything wrong with it."

"That's still pretty much what you said about Mr. Hartwell."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-03, 03:14 PM
"That's still pretty much what you said about Mr. Hartwell."

"Yeah, I'm not liking the implications here," Robert said worriedly.

Betty looks at Molly with relief, glad that at least someone is on her side here.

"Y-You aren't g-getting m-my point!" Betty said, "It's st-still wrong! I-It d-doesn't h-hurt anyone t-to look in th-their window while th-they're ch-changing, but you st-still don't-"

The arguing is interrupted by a boy coming up to the group, "Jill Aster? Hi, I'm Elliot Finch, with the school paper. You got time for an interview?

Hm... "I do not feel you could compare the other pieces, but comparing this specific set to get additional verification seems to be a good idea," Claire agreed, handing the artwork over to him. "The more evidence we have as to what truly occured the better the story will be."

The pictures were definitely not of Jill's style. But they had no real proof that it was Jane's. Back to deviantart she supposed. It was tedius work. But it gave Claire time to think about her next move. What was Jane's goal? To damage the reputation of Flow. How was she doing it? By publishing a cheap knock off and attempting to put their names on it so that people would believe it was Flow and turn away from it. What was the solution? The first solution was to simply shut it down. The cease and desist should be delivered to the club this afternoon. She would check and see what their response was before school ended. The second solution was to simply ignore it. But that would allow Jane to win, even if it was a paltry victory. The third solution... oh. Well. That would certainly work. if the cease and desist did not work, she would implement that plan. It actually made Claire smile in anticipation as she worked.

"On it," the boy says, taking the picture before running off to his computer.

Looking through her deviantArt, you can see that, other than realistic still-life, it doesn't really seem like Jane has a style. She's able to mimic anyone else's more or less flawlessly, but there are pretty much no original designs on her account that aren't based off of something else. The closest she comes to having a unique style are when she does commissions for other people, but even those are usually done in either another artist's style or one that takes traits from several different artists of a similar style.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-03, 11:15 PM
Episode 6, Scene 6

After Jill gives her testimony, the school day begins. However, the quiet doesn't last long: before first period is even over, Jill's incident in the hallway had exploded on every social media site imaginable. Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, Instagram, even Google+: pictures of the incident and inflated rumors about what Jill does in her free time have spread online, and from there throughout all of East Marshall. By the next class period, the majority of the students in the school are whispering about her in the halls and giving her odd looks as she passes by.

Seems that ignoring an issue doesn't always make it go away. How do you deal with this?

Allure D8: Good news has to outweigh the bad, right? Try your best to dispel the rumors the nice way. +3 VP

Skill D7: Those pictures look familiar... there may have been a leak in the newsroom. Even if that isn't the case, try to track down the source of the rumors! +2 VP

Conflict D8: Suppression time! Make sure anyone spreading rumors realizes that you're watching them. +3 VP

Luck D9: ??? +3 VP

Anubis Dread
2015-06-03, 11:32 PM
If she wanted this plan to work, she needed time. She would need to pull an all-nighter for certain, but that was still not sufficient. She was on a time crunch. As such Claire had decided that classes were secondary and had not shown up for a single one of hers so far today. Instead she had sequestered herself in the news room, which was thankfully empty between classes so she could work. Her improvised chair lock would keep it that way. The stereo blared Japaneses lyrics as she frantically put ink to paper. She had realized quickly that drawing the usual way was still not fast enough. So she had picked up a pen in each hand and was currently drawing two pages simultaneously, keeping an eye on her twitter on the monitor beside her in case...

Damn it. Claire frowned. She did not have time to deal with this personally. She was going to have to pull in a favor or two. Sighing in distaste, she flicked one of her pens to the side and whipped open her phone in its place. Doing some quick research before sending a text to one of her reporters. Technically this was personal, but at the same time they WERE planning to publish a piece on this. Letting this rumor get out hand before they could would damage sales as others would believe it 'old news'.

Skill, Keen Eye +2, School Queen +2

Esprit15
2015-06-03, 11:36 PM
"Hey," Sakuya says as she overhears some freshmen chatting about the pervert in the next class up, "I heard you talking about one of my friends." She puts her arms around two of the younger students, firmly. "Now, I know you wouldn't say anything bad about sweet, innocent Jill. After all," she adds, pulling them closer, knife in her pocket poking one lightly, "her friends might not like that, romantic ones or otherwise. Now, you seem like upstanding gentlemen. Why don't you go tell your friends that you heard someone planted those. After all, that seems a more realistic explanation, yes? Nobody is fool enough to actually store pictures like that in their locker, in such a disorganized fashion."

Conflict (+1), Intimidating (+2), Armed (+2)

Illven
2015-06-04, 01:04 AM
Becca smiles she could dispel the rumors, she just needed Roger's help.

Roger, we need to talk to everyone. Jill's sanity in this school depends on it. We can do this! She cheered.

Then someone put a hand on her shoulder, and Roger's face was in her chest....

Strong Allure, Shameless, Scaredy cat

DoctorFaust
2015-06-04, 04:01 AM
A few minutes before the bell rings to signal the start of class, Molly carries a chair out into the hallway and climbs up on top of it. After a quick look up and down the corridors for any approaching teachers, she takes a deep breath, and yells, "Stoppen Sie, was Sie tun!" A breeze from somewhere runs down the hallway, making her jacket and hair flutter up dramatically. "You all know who I am, ja? And you have been saying some very mean things about my friend, ja? Things about her drawings? Well, I want you to stop. Because if you don't, I'm going to get angry. And believe me, you do not want to know what I will do if you keep these rumors up."

Molly climbs down off the chair, and gets two steps away before hurrying back up onto the chair for one last remark. "It involves tanks. Lots of tanks. Off all shapes and sizes. From a Maus to a Wiesel."

Weak Conflict. Kurt's Legacy

Angelalex242
2015-06-04, 09:11 AM
When it came to spreading good news about, Maya was quite an expert. In this case, of course, the good news were a couple of charities that had gotten a good response last time she advertised for them. She wanted the students to know just what kind of an impact their taking a weekend off the XBOX had done for their community.

Allure, Maiden's Garb, Foresight (odd)

Amaril
2015-06-04, 09:02 PM
Jill is no stranger to nasty looks and whispers--practically as long as she can remember, or at least as long as she's been a teenager, there have been a few bad apples who haven't taken kindly to her honesty and lack of pretension, and they've never been pleasant to her. Of course, they're just alternately intimidated or jealous, and Jill has never paid any attention to them in the slightest.
What she is a stranger to is everyone doing it.
The first couple of times she catches people looking, she dismisses it, telling herself it's just more of the same. She waves happily to her fellow students as she passes...and they give her dirty looks, or sidle away awkwardly, avoiding her eyes.
As per usual, Jill keeps thinking positive thoughts. Lots of them are probably just still jealous of me being with Claire. Yeah. She definitely has fans who'd hold that grudge this long.
It turns out before long that it's a lot harder to keep brushing things like this off when they fall faster than she can recover.
Jill walks out of her class confused and upset. What's wrong with everybody? What did I do to piss the whole school off? She needs to see a friendly face, someone who can remind her that the whole world isn't suddenly against her. And it would be nice to know just what everyone's got their undies in a twist about.
Jill heads for the newsroom. The Japanese lyrics filtering through the door, plus the fact that it's held shut when it should ordinarily be open right now, are pretty concrete evidence as to who's inside. Jill knocks, hard enough to be audible over the music. "Babe? It's me, can I come in? I need to talk to you..."

Strong Skill.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-04, 10:00 PM
"Hey," Sakuya says as she overhears some freshmen chatting about the pervert in the next class up, "I heard you talking about one of my friends." She puts her arms around two of the younger students, firmly. "Now, I know you wouldn't say anything bad about sweet, innocent Jill. After all," she adds, pulling them closer, knife in her pocket poking one lightly, "her friends might not like that, romantic ones or otherwise. Now, you seem like upstanding gentlemen. Why don't you go tell your friends that you heard someone planted those. After all, that seems a more realistic explanation, yes? Nobody is fool enough to actually store pictures like that in their locker, in such a disorganized fashion."

Conflict (+1), Intimidating (+2), Armed (+2)

"Why don't you go **** yourself?" the freshman said, clearly not concerned about his limbs remaining intact.

"Yeah, don't you hang around Claire all the time?" the other freshman said, "Get her to do it, if she isn't already."

And with that they walked off, leaving Sakuya behind in the hall.

Becca smiles she could dispel the rumors, she just needed Roger's help.

Roger, we need to talk to everyone. Jill's sanity in this school depends on it. We can do this! She cheered.

Then someone put a hand on her shoulder, and Roger's face was in her chest....

Strong Allure, Shameless, Scaredy cat

Well, that display shut everyone up pretty quickly. Roger pulled back, a little unsettled, "S-Sorry."

From behind her, Valerie frowned, "Sorry, sorry! I know I shouldn't do that but... hey, who's this?"

A few minutes before the bell rings to signal the start of class, Molly carries a chair out into the hallway and climbs up on top of it. After a quick look up and down the corridors for any approaching teachers, she takes a deep breath, and yells, "Stoppen Sie, was Sie tun!" A breeze from somewhere runs down the hallway, making her jacket and hair flutter up dramatically. "You all know who I am, ja? And you have been saying some very mean things about my friend, ja? Things about her drawings? Well, I want you to stop. Because if you don't, I'm going to get angry. And believe me, you do not want to know what I will do if you keep these rumors up."

Molly climbs down off the chair, and gets two steps away before hurrying back up onto the chair for one last remark. "It involves tanks. Lots of tanks. Off all shapes and sizes. From a Maus to a Wiesel."

Weak Conflict. Kurt's Legacy

Well, they had stopped talking about Jill, at least... instead talking about the crazy German girl threatening people with tanks. Mission accomplished?

Robert comes up with a smirk, "Nice speech. You really struck the fear of the Wehrmacht in them. Well, maybe not fear, but still, pretty impressive."

When it came to spreading good news about, Maya was quite an expert. In this case, of course, the good news were a couple of charities that had gotten a good response last time she advertised for them. She wanted the students to know just what kind of an impact their taking a weekend off the XBOX had done for their community.

Allure, Maiden's Garb, Foresight (odd)

Apparently, the kids Maya talked to were more than willing to stop being listless, because they stopped talking about Jill long enough to listen. Before long, Maya had some new recruits, at least for next Saturday.

"On another recruiting drive, I see," Rachel said with a grin.

If she wanted this plan to work, she needed time. She would need to pull an all-nighter for certain, but that was still not sufficient. She was on a time crunch. As such Claire had decided that classes were secondary and had not shown up for a single one of hers so far today. Instead she had sequestered herself in the news room, which was thankfully empty between classes so she could work. Her improvised chair lock would keep it that way. The stereo blared Japaneses lyrics as she frantically put ink to paper. She had realized quickly that drawing the usual way was still not fast enough. So she had picked up a pen in each hand and was currently drawing two pages simultaneously, keeping an eye on her twitter on the monitor beside her in case...

Damn it. Claire frowned. She did not have time to deal with this personally. She was going to have to pull in a favor or two. Sighing in distaste, she flicked one of her pens to the side and whipped open her phone in its place. Doing some quick research before sending a text to one of her reporters. Technically this was personal, but at the same time they WERE planning to publish a piece on this. Letting this rumor get out hand before they could would damage sales as others would believe it 'old news'.

Skill, Keen Eye +2, School Queen +2

After about an hour, Claire gets a text back from her reporter.

Looked into the rumors like you asked. I think the anime club is behind it, but there's no real proof. They're Facebook page and Twitter are having a hand in their spread, but a lot of them started on accounts that as far as I can tell are unrelated. Anime club is sticking purely with the locker incident, but the rumor mill have started talking about other things, like noises coming from the bathroom, accounts of stalking, prior incidents... no idea how much of it is true, but this has turned into a full-on smear campaign against Jill. We're doing the best damage control we can, but it's out there now.

Immediately after reading this, Claire hears the knock on her door from Jill.

Claire gains +2 VP; Molly, Maya, and Rebecca gain +3 VP.

Illven
2015-06-04, 10:05 PM
Val, this is my new friend Roger, he was recruited to help me in repairing Jill's rumor mill.... Which he seems to have performed quite well so far. Becca replied with a beam,

Roger, this is Val. She beams gesturing to her, leaving Val to declare herself Becca's girlfriend.

Esprit15
2015-06-04, 10:09 PM
More accurately, they scurry away after a swift elbow to the sternum leaves one gasping for air. "I'm sorry, I forget that some freshmen don't know who I am. Now, why would you use such rude language with an older student?"

Angelalex242
2015-06-04, 10:23 PM
Apparently, the kids Maya talked to were more than willing to stop being listless, because they stopped talking about Jill long enough to listen. Before long, Maya had some new recruits, at least for next Saturday.

"On another recruiting drive, I see," Rachel said with a grin.

Well, ya know. Idle hands. No longer idle. But really, the community effort really takes a nosedive in January. Food bank donations, workers, everything...people try extra hard during the Christmas season, then figure they've done their share and stop doing it. Monetarily, they get the 'January Hangover' from all the money they spent on Christmas gifts.

January's a terrible month people like her.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-04, 10:26 PM
Val, this is my new friend Roger, he was recruited to help me in repairing Jill's rumor mill.... Which he seems to have performed quite well so far. Becca replied with a beam,

Roger, this is Val. She beams gesturing to her, leaving Val to declare herself Becca's girlfriend.

"Hey, nice to meet you!" Valerie said with a big smile, shaking Roger's hand.

"Uh, likewise..." Roger said, a little perturbed, "So, what're you guys next classes?"

More accurately, they scurry away after a swift elbow to the sternum leaves one gasping for air. "I'm sorry, I forget that some freshmen don't know who I am. Now, why would you use such rude language with an older student?"

The freshman seemed shocked that Sakuya would actually carry out such a threat, "I... I just... I was taught to ignore people who tried bullying me."

Well, ya know. Idle hands. No longer idle. But really, the community effort really takes a nosedive in January. Food bank donations, workers, everything...people try extra hard during the Christmas season, then figure they've done their share and stop doing it. Monetarily, they get the 'January Hangover' from all the money they spent on Christmas gifts.

January's a terrible month people like her.

"I see," Rachel said with a frown, "Hey uh, I've heard you were with Jill when... y'know. I'm feeling kind of bad for her right now."

Esprit15
2015-06-04, 10:38 PM
"And the the people you bully? Do you confer them, or do you ignore that as well? Spreading rumors is just as harmful as anything I would do to you."

Angelalex242
2015-06-04, 10:39 PM
"I see," Rachel said with a frown, "Hey uh, I've heard you were with Jill when... y'know. I'm feeling kind of bad for her right now."

Well, yes. She was framed. I found the evidence of it on her locker. However, there's not sufficient evidence to point a finger without actually dusting for fingerprints or something like it. Well, at least those kids now have something more productive to do then gossip.

Anubis Dread
2015-06-04, 10:48 PM
A text? She did not have time for texts. They were supposed to be handling anything outside of this room. She could not forge a sword and wield a shield at the same time. None the less Claire was compulsive about checking her texts in case it was a warning about something that could kill her. As such she angrily pulled out her phone and checked it. ...oh no. No. No! She did not have time for this! She had to draw! If she did not her plan would not work. Granted she could simply delay. And remain on the defensive. Okay, no problem. She had two hands. She could use her phone in one to co-ordinate some kind of defense and continue drawing with the second. It would be difficult, inefficient, and maddening, but she could do it. As long as there were no other distractions she could-

The knock came at the door. Snapping under the strain, Claire let out a primal yell and knocked the objects on her desk to the floor in a sweep of her arms. Breathing heavily as she stood and looked down at it. Okay. Not a good sign. She was too soft from months of underwork and oversleep. She had to remember that pressure was her friend. Pressure was good. Pressure meant you were being efficient. Embrace the pressure. Calm down. Deep breaths.

Taking a few quick breaths to calm herself, Claire walked over to the door and pulled the chair out from under it. Forcing a smile as she saw Jill on the other side. "Sure," she replied, twitching a little bit as she stepped back inside to let Jill through.

Illven
2015-06-04, 10:51 PM
"Hey, nice to meet you!" Valerie said with a big smile, shaking Roger's hand.

"Uh, likewise..." Roger said, a little perturbed, "So, what're you guys next classes?"

We have Math. Yourself? She replied.

Amaril
2015-06-04, 11:07 PM
The screaming from behind the door quite frankly terrifies Jill. As Claire opens it, she hesitates in the entrance. "Uh...if this is a bad time, I can come back later..." Her lip trembles; she feels on the verge of tears. Come on, Claire, please don't shut me out...I need you right now...

Anubis Dread
2015-06-04, 11:09 PM
The screaming from behind the door quite frankly terrifies Jill. As Claire opens it, she hesitates in the entrance. "Uh...if this is a bad time, I can come back later..." Her lip trembles; she feels on the verge of tears. Come on, Claire, please don't shut me out...I need you right now...

Claire feel any anger she had leaking out of her. Unfortunately she had had a cold anger for a while now supporting her through nonstop work. Without it her energy left, and she found herself sagging on her feet. "It is always a good time for you. It is bad time for several other things is all," she assured her with a weak smile as she pulled a chair over for her. "What is wrong?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-04, 11:09 PM
"And the the people you bully? Do you confer them, or do you ignore that as well? Spreading rumors is just as harmful as anything I would do to you."

"L-Look, we were just talking about them!" The other freshman stated, "We're not spreading anything!"

Well, yes. She was framed. I found the evidence of it on her locker. However, there's not sufficient evidence to point a finger without actually dusting for fingerprints or something like it. Well, at least those kids now have something more productive to do then gossip.

"Oh," Rachel said, "Well, that's good to hear, at least. I was starting to wonder if some of those rumors were true." She bit her bottom lip in guilt, "Pretty hypocritical of me, all things considered."

We have Math. Yourself? She replied.

"History," he says as he finishes packing up, "So, what should I be telling people about Jill? I don't really know that much about her."

"You should, she's a pretty sweet girl," Valerie replied, "Though a bit stubborn sometimes, really."

Illven
2015-06-04, 11:15 PM
"History," he says as he finishes packing up, "So, what should I be telling people about Jill? I don't really know that much about her."

"You should, she's a pretty sweet girl," Valerie replied, "Though a bit stubborn sometimes, really."

That's she's a wonderful person, and the rumors are being spread by hateful people. Becca ordered.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-04, 11:42 PM
That's she's a wonderful person, and the rumors are being spread by hateful people. Becca ordered.

"Someone has it out for her, then?" Roger said worriedly.

"Yeah, the Anime Club," Val replied with disgust.

"Oh, bummer. I think there's a guy in my next class who's part of that. Maybe I can try talking to him about it?"

Illven
2015-06-04, 11:47 PM
"Someone has it out for her, then?" Roger said worriedly.

"Yeah, the Anime Club," Val replied with disgust.

"Oh, bummer. I think there's a guy in my next class who's part of that. Maybe I can try talking to him about it?"

Yes, do that. That is a good idea. Becca said pointing to him on the second that.

Amaril
2015-06-04, 11:51 PM
Abruptly, Jill deflates, slouching over to the vacant chair inside the newsroom and collapsing into it, head in her hands. "Today's been...hard. All of a sudden, it seems like everyone hates me." She looks pleadingly up at Claire. "Why would they? I didn't do anything...did I? Is this really just the anime club spreading rumors about me? I mean, could they really turn the entire school against me that way?"

Anubis Dread
2015-06-04, 11:58 PM
Abruptly, Jill deflates, slouching over to the vacant chair inside the newsroom and collapsing into it, head in her hands. "Today's been...hard. All of a sudden, it seems like everyone hates me." She looks pleadingly up at Claire. "Why would they? I didn't do anything...did I? Is this really just the anime club spreading rumors about me? I mean, could they really turn the entire school against me that way?"

"Yes," Claire replied, pulling a chair for herself and slowly sinking into it. "They could. I know i could in their position. Did they, or was there something else that was there before this? I do not know. Nor do I care. Because no matter what people say, you are amazing," she assured her girlfriend gently. "If it makes you feel better, I am done playing nice with Jane. I am going to destroy her. And I am already gathering evidence to print a story rebutting the incident that should be in tomorrow's issue."

Esprit15
2015-06-05, 12:21 AM
"Yeah, and people overhear, and then they tell their friends. You deal with rumors the same way you were told to deal with bullies: ignore them. Now, why don't you go and start spreading something less caustic, like the fact that some coward planted them, hm?" The look in her eyes suggested there were about zero answers aside from "Yes, ma'am!" that would be accepted.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 12:32 AM
Yes, do that. That is a good idea. Becca said pointing to him on the second that.

"No promises, though," he warns, "If they are behind this, I doubt he'd actually admit it to me. Especially with that new comic they've been working on to think about."

"Yeah, and people overhear, and then they tell their friends. You deal with rumors the same way you were told to deal with bullies: ignore them. Now, why don't you go and start spreading something less caustic, like the fact that some coward planted them, hm?" The look in her eyes suggested there were about zero answers aside from "Yes, ma'am!" that would be accepted.

"Y-Yes ma'am!" they say, before running off.

Shortly after, Heather shows up, looking worn out despite it still being early in the day, "You've been doing damage control too then, huh?"

Illven
2015-06-05, 12:45 AM
"No promises, though," he warns, "If they are behind this, I doubt he'd actually admit it to me. Especially with that new comic they've been working on to think about."

As long as you try, I'm sure you'll succeed. Becca replied patting his shoulder.

Esprit15
2015-06-05, 12:46 AM
"Sorta... Hey, if I'm the talk of the school and people know to not mess with my friends and me, that's better than people talking about Jill. But yeah, I assume the others are having better luck."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 01:05 AM
As long as you try, I'm sure you'll succeed. Becca replied patting his shoulder.

Roger fidgets a bit as Becca touches her, "Uh, y-yeah, maybe." He pulls back and gives the couple a wave as he makes his way to his next class, "I'll see you later, Becca!"

After he was gone, Val leaned on Becca's shoulder. "Tell me the truth: is he your new boy toy?" she asked with a mischievous grin.

"Sorta... Hey, if I'm the talk of the school and people know to not mess with my friends and me, that's better than people talking about Jill. But yeah, I assume the others are having better luck."

"I wouldn't know," Heather said with a sigh, "I've been too busy trying to counter it on the internet while begging some of the other club members that it's worth fighting this. Not all of them are as thrilled to help Claire as we are."

Illven
2015-06-05, 01:10 AM
Roger fidgets a bit as Becca touches her, "Uh, y-yeah, maybe." He pulls back and gives the couple a wave as he makes his way to his next class, "I'll see you later, Becca!"

After he was gone, Val leaned on Becca's shoulder. "Tell me the truth: is he your new boy toy?" she asked with a mischievous grin.

See later Roger. Becca waved back.

Hmm. Haven't really thought about it. What do you think? She asks.

Esprit15
2015-06-05, 01:19 AM
"I wouldn't know," Heather said with a sigh, "I've been too busy trying to counter it on the internet while begging some of the other club members that it's worth fighting this. Not all of them are as thrilled to help Claire as we are."

"Do I need to talk to them to?" she asks, giving a friendly elbow to the girl.

DoctorFaust
2015-06-05, 01:49 AM
Well, they had stopped talking about Jill, at least... instead talking about the crazy German girl threatening people with tanks. Mission accomplished?

Robert comes up with a smirk, "Nice speech. You really struck the fear of the Wehrmacht in them. Well, maybe not fear, but still, pretty impressive."

"Eh, yeah," Molly says with a shrug. "But hey, at least they're not going to be talking about Jill for a while, right?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 01:59 AM
See later Roger. Becca waved back.

Hmm. Haven't really thought about it. What do you think? She asks.

"I don't know," Val says, "I mean, he seems nice and everything. And good-looking." She gives Becca a weak smile, "If you want to go for him, I'll approve."

"Eh, yeah," Molly says with a shrug. "But hey, at least they're not going to be talking about Jill for a while, right?"

"Yeah, I guess that's a win for us," Robert says, "Still, I'm happy you're willing to bust out the big guns for this. Metaphorically and literally speaking."

"Do I need to talk to them to?" she asks, giving a friendly elbow to the girl.

"Not sure if that'll help," Heather said, "Despite your show in the newsroom, some of the others still think Claire isn't that different from George. Strong-arming them probably isn't going to fix that."

Esprit15
2015-06-05, 02:12 AM
"I suppose..." she says with a sigh of disappointment. "This is so stupid. Everything was fine and suddenly the fact that we have info that we haven't acted on is some kind of sin."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 02:26 AM
"I suppose..." she says with a sigh of disappointment. "This is so stupid. Everything was fine and suddenly the fact that we have info that we haven't acted on is some kind of sin."

"Well, it might have something to do with what the club used to be like," Heather said, "George kind of hammered the whole idea of freedom of speech into the staff, and a lot of people latched on to that. Pretty much the only time George ever hoarded information or covered something up was if he thought he could get something out of the person he was 'protecting'. And even after he left, a lot of the older members have been conditioned to think that way. So they see Claire keeping all these files away from them, and their first instinct is to assume it's blackmail material."

Esprit15
2015-06-05, 02:37 AM
"They have freedom of speech, not freedom of information. Heck, I expect that half the stuff that Claire added was from before she even was in the club. She is the type to have contingencies like that. Their complaints are silly, and they shouldn't have put her into power if they didn't want her. It's that simple. I kind of want to rough one of them up now just to let off steam," Sakuya says, frowning. "If this keeps going, me might just have to have Claire release some of her info. Or at least tell her to keep her private documents off school grounds, to keep suspicions down."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 02:45 AM
"They have freedom of speech, not freedom of information. Heck, I expect that half the stuff that Claire added was from before she even was in the club. She is the type to have contingencies like that. Their complaints are silly, and they shouldn't have put her into power if they didn't want her. It's that simple. I kind of want to rough one of them up now just to let off steam," Sakuya says, frowning. "If this keeps going, me might just have to have Claire release some of her info. Or at least tell her to keep her private documents off school grounds, to keep suspicions down."

"Well, I voted for her, but remember, her name was drawn out of a hat. She didn't even need the majority vote to win, just to be lucky. But yeah, the safe in the office isn't doing her any favors. Jane zeroed in on it the second she saw it."

Esprit15
2015-06-05, 03:38 AM
"I'll try and find her. Maybe we can make both sides in this happy, even if it is a lie to one." Unless Heather stops her, Sakuya goes to find Claire.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 04:15 AM
"I heard she locked herself in the club room for some reason," Heather said, following her, "You think she'll let you in?"

Illven
2015-06-05, 08:17 AM
"I don't know," Val says, "I mean, he seems nice and everything. And good-looking." She gives Becca a weak smile, "If you want to go for him, I'll approve."

You sure, we can talk about it. Becca offers putting a hand on Val's shoulder with a frown.

Angelalex242
2015-06-05, 08:52 AM
"Oh," Rachel said, "Well, that's good to hear, at least. I was starting to wonder if some of those rumors were true." She bit her bottom lip in guilt, "Pretty hypocritical of me, all things considered."

Don't feel bad. The rumormill is very powerful, and it is well known that a lie, repeated often enough and loud enough can become the truth in public opinion. Most politics is founded on such a principle. The only way to avoid such things is to check the facts yourself, if you're in a position to do so.

Esprit15
2015-06-05, 11:36 AM
"Only one way to find out," she says, knocking on the door. "It's Sakuya; let me in."

Amaril
2015-06-05, 01:25 PM
Jill manages to crack a smile at Claire's words. "Thanks, babe. That really makes me feel a lot better. And I don't care about Jane, or about whoever's doing this getting payback. It's just nice to know the whole world isn't suddenly against me." She glances over at the door as Sakuya knocks. "Gonna let her in?"

Anubis Dread
2015-06-05, 01:27 PM
Claire hesitated. She was not entirely certain she could mentally handle comforting Jill and dealing with whatever issue Sakuya had a the moment at the same time. On the other hand Jill seemed fine now... kissing Jill softly on the cheek, Claire gave her a soft smile before looking at the door.

"It is open," Claire advised. She had not replaced the chair when she had let Jill in after all.

Esprit15
2015-06-05, 01:34 PM
Sakuya comes in, closing the door behind her. "Not much luck on the issue with Jill, but I think I found a solution to your problems with information storage." She looks around to make sure it was only them in the room. "We move all of your more blackmail-y, confidential info from the school to your house. What's left we allow the newspaper club to view. They think you relented and you get to keep your files on hand. If you need something to be used, you can just add it to the safe at school."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-05, 01:39 PM
Sakuya comes in, closing the door behind her. "Not much luck on the issue with Jill, but I think I found a solution to your problems with information storage." She looks around to make sure it was only them in the room. "We move all of your more blackmail-y, confidential info from the school to your house. What's left we allow the newspaper club to view. They think you relented and you get to keep your files on hand. If you need something to be used, you can just add it to the safe at school."

"I would hate to not have hard copies of required information off hand... but I do have encrypted digital copies. Perhaps you are right," Claire admitted with a thoughtfuly frown. "Though I would need to disarm the explosives if I were to make it readily accessible to everyone in the club. They were likely unnecessary anyway. But I do not have time to do that right now," she realized, clutching her head with her hands and grimacing at the thought. "I need to finish the equivalent of ten visual novels within approximately sixteen hours. The club would be willing to wait a day or two at this stage, correct?"

Amaril
2015-06-05, 01:42 PM
"Okay," Jill cuts in, holding up her hands, "let me stop you right there. First, why do you have to finish ten novels in sixteen hours; and second, and this is the important part, why the f*** did you have explosives in the school?"

Esprit15
2015-06-05, 01:44 PM
"I'll talk to them, tell them know that you 'backed down' and see where it goes. The safe will still be here for a few days, but they can rest assured that you will be sharing its contents as soon as you have time."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-05, 01:48 PM
"Okay," Jill cuts in, holding up her hands, "let me stop you right there. First, why do you have to finish ten novels in sixteen hours; and second, and this is the important part, why the f*** did you have explosives in the school?"

"To answer the second question first as it is simpler, it is to destroy the evidence in case anybody forcefully breaks into the safe," Claire replied, closing her eyes and rubbing her temples. "I cannot let that information fall into the wrong hands after all. Which in this case is any hands. It is a small yield. It would only incinerate the documents. The second question... well I need to attack the anime club and Jane personally, and the best approach to doing so has a first step of publishing an obscene amount of Flow knock offs over the next day. Actually that may be the only required step considering their modus operandi, but it is always best to have a follow up just in case."

"I'll talk to them, tell them know that you 'backed down' and see where it goes. The safe will still be here for a few days, but they can rest assured that you will be sharing its contents as soon as you have time."

"Thank you," Claire sighed in relief. She needed caffine. She wondered if her mother would get upset if she requested a servant get her a crate of red bull.

Amaril
2015-06-05, 01:50 PM
"Okay, wait," Jill protests, "but how does that help stop them? If that's what they're doing anyway..."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 01:59 PM
You sure, we can talk about it. Becca offers putting a hand on Val's shoulder with a frown.

Valerie stays quiet at first. After a long moment, she says, "Yeah, I... I want you to be happy, Becca. More than anything. So... yeah, I'm sure."

Don't feel bad. The rumormill is very powerful, and it is well known that a lie, repeated often enough and loud enough can become the truth in public opinion. Most politics is founded on such a principle. The only way to avoid such things is to check the facts yourself, if you're in a position to do so.

"Yeah, I know how it works," Rachel said with irritation, "I was part of it for a long time. Which is why I'm worried about Jill. If we don't figure out a way to stop it soon, it might never go away. I still have a hard time bringing myself to use the school showers after what happened to me, I can't imagine what this must be like for her."

Illven
2015-06-05, 02:03 PM
Valerie stays quiet at first. After a long moment, she says, "Yeah, I... I want you to be happy, Becca. More than anything. So... yeah, I'm sure."

Are you sure? Becca asked.

Because, I want you to be happy as well, and if you're not. This is something we need to talk about, okay? She says hugging Val.

Anubis Dread
2015-06-05, 02:06 PM
"Okay, wait," Jill protests, "but how does that help stop them? If that's what they're doing anyway..."

"That is why it will stop them," Claire replied as though it were obvious. ...perhaps it is not quite as obvious as she believed it was. Realizing the explanation would take a while, she elected to start picking up the things she'd thrown from her desk so she could work while she spoke.

"To begin we have two parties at work here. The anime club, and then Jane. The anime club wishes exposure, renown, and to be recognized for their work. Jane wises Flow to fail for her personal vendetta. Together they decided to take the approach of publishing a knock off of our work. This means that the two parties believe that both of their desires will be fulfilled through this method. As such we must isolate why they believe this to be the case and work out an effective counter to the attack. To do this we must look at why most people publish knock-offs. It is to leech the benefits of the original work. In the case of a written medium such as comics this is by drawing in additional readers by following the tropes and appearance of Flow.

"There are two main types of readers that a knock-off attract that other works do not," Claire continued as she finished gathering up her work, sitting back down at her desk and flicking both pens back into her hands and continuing to draw. "The first are those who are hungry for more Flow than we can provice, and wish to sate themselves with something similar in order to fill that urge. This does not hurt us in any way, therefore it cannot line up with Jane's motives. The second are readers who are aware of Flow itself, but are not yet readers and come across the knock-off work in error. This is the reader Jane wishes. She wishes them to see Flaw, believe it to be Flow, and steal readers from us in this fashion. As such, this is the type of reader we must avoid giving them at all cost. The best way to do this is to publish a significant amount of other knock offs."

Frowning as she tried to articulate her point, Claire spoke again. "Flaw is the only knock off of Flow on the market. As such all readers who are mistaken will go to it. If there are additional knock offs out there, the readership who falls for the deception will instead be divided among a large number of works. This will in turn cause Flaw to have significantly fewer readers, thus angering the anime club. In additiona with so many knock offs Flow will have a reputation for having many horrible knock offs by sub-par artists and writers. This will spread information, so the audience will be educated to be slightly more careful to make sure they are reading the real Flow. This will caused the audience who falls for such risks to be reduced in number as well as divided, which will anger Jane. Finally, in the worst case scenario Flow suffers for this. And it will suffer because of MY work, and not Jane's. As such Jane will not have the satisfaction of damaging Flow herself. Either this helps Flow and Jane is rebuked, or this hurts Flow but Jane had no part in it. Either way she loses. That being said the odds of this hurting Flow are incredibly small. And I have contigencies in case it does."

Amaril
2015-06-05, 02:12 PM
Jill swiftly walks up to Claire and firmly clasps both her shoulders, staring her straight in the eyes. "Claire. I don't care how right you are about any of that. There are two reasons why you absolutely can't do this. First, because you can't write ten novels' worth of material in sixteen hours--don't say you can, because even if it's technically possible, I won't let you hurt yourself as much as you'd have to to get it done. And second, to address your worst-case scenario, which actually seems pretty likely to me, Flow is as much my work as yours, and you don't get to make the decision to jeopardize it like that without consulting me. And I do not give you my permission on that count. Are we clear?"

Anubis Dread
2015-06-05, 02:20 PM
Jill swiftly walks up to Claire and firmly clasps both her shoulders, staring her straight in the eyes. "Claire. I don't care how right you are about any of that. There are two reasons why you absolutely can't do this. First, because you can't write ten novels' worth of material in sixteen hours--don't say you can, because even if it's technically possible, I won't let you hurt yourself as much as you'd have to to get it done. And second, to address your worst-case scenario, which actually seems pretty likely to me, Flow is as much my work as yours, and you don't get to make the decision to jeopardize it like that without consulting me. And I do not give you my permission on that count. Are we clear?"

She should have kept her mouth shut. If Jill had not known and she had simply published the volumes under and assortment of fales names Claire would not be in this aggravating situation. She could not refused Jill. Not normally. But this was not normal. Jill was actively acting against her and Sakuya's best interests. Jane had to pay. If she did not she was at risk. Claire was at risk. EVERYONE was at risk. The school was not safe. She did not like it when she was not safe. To make it safe again Jane had to be eliminated. This was the most efficient way of doing it. It had to be done.

But it could not. Because Jill had said it could not. But Jill was not acting rationally. Did that matter? Was rational good? For Claire yes. But was it good for Jill?

Her pens breaking under her grip and sending ink splashing all over her hands and work made Claire snap back to reality. She had not been aware she had been holding them so tightly. Her jaw hurt. Had she been gritting her teeth? "...she spread rumors about you," Claire replied quietly, finally lowering her gaze from Jills. "She called Sakuya a monster. She has to pay. This is the best way to do it. But if you refuse... I will relent. I will follow a contigency. Though it will be far less effective than if we had followed through with the first phase before hand," she felt the need to add.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 02:24 PM
Are you sure? Becca asked.

Because, I want you to be happy as well, and if you're not. This is something we need to talk about, okay? She says hugging Val.

Val sighed as they continued to walk, "I'm just hesitant about this, is all. I mean, I still haven't called that guy from the restaurant yesterday, even though you said it was fine, and I know why you need this. I do want to try this, for both of our sakes. It's... just gonna be hard."

Amaril
2015-06-05, 02:24 PM
"We have the CaD on the way," Jill says steadily, not letting go. "Either that'll stop her, or it won't, and we can take further legal action. There's nothing else we can justifiably do about that. And as for the rumors..." She closes her eyes and takes a slow, deep breath, finally stepping back. "I don't care what people say about me," she says, feeling like she has to force herself to keep believing it where usually it would be effortless. "I never have, you know that. This doesn't change anything. If we start trying to ruin her life because she's trying to ruin mine, how are we any better than she is?"

Anubis Dread
2015-06-05, 02:29 PM
"We have the CaD on the way," Jill says steadily, not letting go. "Either that'll stop her, or it won't, and we can take further legal action. There's nothing else we can justifiably do about that. And as for the rumors..." She closes her eyes and takes a slow, deep breath, finally stepping back. "I don't care what people say about me," she says, feeling like she has to force herself to keep believing it where usually it would be effortless. "I never have, you know that. This doesn't change anything. If we start trying to ruin her life because she's trying to ruin mine, how are we any better than she is?"

"Because she started it," Claire told her bluntly. That about summed up her entire feelings on the matter. If someone hurt you, you destroyed them until they begged for mercy. There were no rules. No mercy. Simply attack and retalliation. But Jill was softer than that. Claire had tried to be to, but it had resulted in this. Jill was the soft, demure princess. Claire was the dragon bound to protect her. At the same time... the idea of Jill hating her because of Claire not doing what she wanted terrified her.

"...we will wait for the CaD before taking additional action," Claire relented, pushing the ink stained pages she had spent hours of non-stop work on into the trash. "For now we will simply do damage control in regards to the rumors. To be honest that should have been my priority to begin with," she sighed, resting her face in her hands. Which were still stained in ink. That was the 'cherry on the s*** sundae' as they said. "Actually it might be best to just go to the source and confront the club. Or break all their electronic equipment," she ammends.

Illven
2015-06-05, 02:33 PM
Val sighed as they continued to walk, "I'm just hesitant about this, is all. I mean, I still haven't called that guy from the restaurant yesterday, even though you said it was fine, and I know why you need this. I do want to try this, for both of our sakes. It's... just gonna be hard."

Becca rubs Val's back out of comfort I suppose we won't know if it will work, unless we try. She agrees.

Amaril
2015-06-05, 02:38 PM
Jill takes another deep breath. "Okay," she finally says. "If you want to get in the weebs' faces about that, I won't stop you."
She hesitates for another second, then grabs Claire and kisses her, hard, not caring that Sakuya is still there. "Thanks for looking out for me," she says as she breaks it off. "You're the best girlfriend ever."

Anubis Dread
2015-06-05, 02:43 PM
Jill takes another deep breath. "Okay," she finally says. "If you want to get in the weebs' faces about that, I won't stop you."
She hesitates for another second, then grabs Claire and kisses her, hard, not caring that Sakuya is still there. "Thanks for looking out for me," she says as she breaks it off. "You're the best girlfriend ever."

All the frustration Claire had been carrying immediately evaporated. Leaving her looking very happy as she sighed in contentment and sunk back into her chair. She was tired, inky hand prints were on her cheeks, and she had Jane to deal with... but none of that mattered right then.

"I love you too," Claire sighed happily, giving Jill a grateful smile. Thankfully she had been frustrated enough the rought of hormones just served to balance her out rather than make her uncomfortably wanting. "I will leave them alone for now, but will think of something. Do not let them get to you. If anyone does, give me their name and I will take care of it," she added seriously.

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 03:02 PM
Becca rubs Val's back out of comfort I suppose we won't know if it will work, unless we try. She agrees.

"Yeah," Val says, wrapping an arm around Becca, "I hope it does. Because that'd make all this worth it."

At that point, the two of you manage to meet up with Robert and Molly. "Hey guys," Robert says with a wave.

Illven
2015-06-05, 03:26 PM
"Yeah," Val says, wrapping an arm around Becca, "I hope it does. Because that'd make all this worth it."

At that point, the two of you manage to meet up with Robert and Molly. "Hey guys," Robert says with a wave.

Hey, how are you doing!? Becca called out returning the wave.

Angelalex242
2015-06-05, 03:32 PM

"Yeah, I know how it works," Rachel said with irritation, "I was part of it for a long time. Which is why I'm worried about Jill. If we don't figure out a way to stop it soon, it might never go away. I still have a hard time bringing myself to use the school showers after what happened to me, I can't imagine what this must be like for her."

What happened to you isn't your fault either. I never understood victim blaming, but it's apparently alive and well. Alright...what do you recommend? How can we stop this? Sending a few kids off to do something better with their time doesn't stop the rumor mill. Doesn't even blunt it, really.

DoctorFaust
2015-06-05, 03:40 PM
"Yeah, I guess that's a win for us," Robert says, "Still, I'm happy you're willing to bust out the big guns for this. Metaphorically and literally speaking."

"What kind of friend would I be if I wasn't willing to go out on a limb for you guys?" Molly asks with a shrug. As Becca and Val approach, she waves and smiles at them. "Not bad. How 'bout you guys?"

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 03:44 PM
"What kind of friend would I be if I wasn't willing to go out on a limb for you guys?" Molly asks with a shrug. As Becca and Val approach, she waves and smiles at them. "Not bad. How 'bout you guys?"

"A pretty crappy one, I guess," Robert said, "Though I've known that to be untrue for a while now, so I probably shouldn't be as impressed anymore, huh?"

Hey, how are you doing!? Becca called out returning the wave.

"Well, Molly here threatened to bring in the heavy artillery on the English class, and I actually feel like I'm starting to understand Shakespeare for once, so pretty good. Well, at the moment, anyway."

What happened to you isn't your fault either. I never understood victim blaming, but it's apparently alive and well. Alright...what do you recommend? How can we stop this? Sending a few kids off to do something better with their time doesn't stop the rumor mill. Doesn't even blunt it, really.

"Wish I knew for certain," Rachel said with a frown, "Our best bet is to find some hard, irrefutable evidence that disproves the rumors, and get it out there while they're still fresh. Once something like this takes root, it becomes much harder to make go away. If Jill were more popular and had money, she could try to throw a party as well and get as many people as possible to show up and meet her face to face. That's what Stacy used to do if something nasty about her risked coming out."

Illven
2015-06-05, 03:50 PM
"A pretty crappy one, I guess," Robert said, "Though I've known that to be untrue for a while now, so I probably shouldn't be as impressed anymore, huh?"

"Well, Molly here threatened to bring in the heavy artillery on the English class, and I actually feel like I'm starting to understand Shakespeare for once, so pretty good. Well, at the moment, anyway."

"Wish I knew for certain," Rachel said with a frown, "Our best bet is to find some hard, irrefutable evidence that disproves the rumors, and get it out there while they're still fresh. Once something like this takes root, it becomes much harder to make go away. If Jill were more popular and had money, she could try to throw a party as well and get as many people as possible to show up and meet her face to face. That's what Stacy used to do if something nasty about her risked coming out."

Damn. Wish I had heavy artillery. Becca comments.

DoctorFaust
2015-06-05, 03:57 PM

"It's a mixed bag, really," Molly says. "On one hand, I have heavy artillery, which makes for very good leverage, but on the other hand, I can't actually use it on anyone, since it would blow them into tiny pieces, and that would be murder."

Angelalex242
2015-06-05, 04:03 PM

...Jill may not have those things, but Claire does. If we recommend that second option to Claire, she can make it happen. Easily. Think it's worth trying?

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 04:21 PM
"It's a mixed bag, really," Molly says. "On one hand, I have heavy artillery, which makes for very good leverage, but on the other hand, I can't actually use it on anyone, since it would blow them into tiny pieces, and that would be murder."

"Yeah, that wouldn't really look good on your permanent record," Robert says with a chuckle.

...Jill may not have those things, but Claire does. If we recommend that second option to Claire, she can make it happen. Easily. Think it's worth trying?

"Assuming we can find her, yeah. Though honestly, with something this big, it might be too late anyway. The party usually works best as a preventative measure for things like this. Not to say it couldn't still work, but we'd probably still need to take out these rumors at the source if we want any lasting effect at this point."

Angelalex242
2015-06-05, 05:28 PM
"Yeah, that wouldn't really look good on your permanent record," Robert says with a chuckle.

"Assuming we can find her, yeah. Though honestly, with something this big, it might be too late anyway. The party usually works best as a preventative measure for things like this. Not to say it couldn't still work, but we'd probably still need to take out these rumors at the source if we want any lasting effect at this point."

Well, I've always been a 'truth will set you free' type...but in the world of media today, that doesn't actually work as often as I'd like. Maybe if Claire printed an article declaring it false? Though I guess they'd just accuse her of favoritism then...

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 06:12 PM
Well, I've always been a 'truth will set you free' type...but in the world of media today, that doesn't actually work as often as I'd like. Maybe if Claire printed an article declaring it false? Though I guess they'd just accuse her of favoritism then...

"Yeah, that's going to be an issue no matter how she handles it," Rachel says, "People know that she's the head of the newspaper club, and that she's dating Jill, so anything positive she prints about her, no matter how true, is probably going to be looked at with skepticism." She thinks for a moment, then adds, "Then again, the Anime Club isn't that well liked around here, especially with the girls... maybe their unpopularity will balance things out? I mean, I think most people are assuming Jill is in the club to begin with."

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 09:03 PM

"Well, I'd say you already got two right out in the open."

Terry leans up against the wall, smirking. Robert sighed and put his head in his hand.

Meanwhile, Heather knocks on the door to the club, "Uh, are you guys done in there? I feel a little lonely being left out here."

Illven
2015-06-05, 09:24 PM
"Well, I'd say you already got two right out in the open."

Terry leans up against the wall, smirking. Robert sighed and put his head in his hand.

Becca rolled her eyes. Yes, I have boobs, they are great. What do you want Terry?

Angelalex242
2015-06-05, 09:31 PM
"Yeah, that's going to be an issue no matter how she handles it," Rachel says, "People know that she's the head of the newspaper club, and that she's dating Jill, so anything positive she prints about her, no matter how true, is probably going to be looked at with skepticism." She thinks for a moment, then adds, "Then again, the Anime Club isn't that well liked around here, especially with the girls... maybe their unpopularity will balance things out? I mean, I think most people are assuming Jill is in the club to begin with."

It needs to come from a source. A source people would trust as not being biased. A source with great personal integrity that people would never accuse of lying. Or at least, would be looked at as nuts if they did.

Hmmm....

The TechnoGnome
2015-06-05, 09:33 PM
Becca rolled her eyes. Yes, I have boobs, they are great. What do you want Terry?

"Just wanted to talk," he says, checking her whole body out, "And say you look great in leather. But seriously, Roger told me you wanted me to do something about Jill, so I came to find you."

Valerie looked like she wanted to hit him.

It needs to come from a source. A source people would trust as not being biased. A source with great personal integrity that people would never accuse of lying. Or at least, would be looked at as nuts if they did.

Hmmm....

"Yeah, but where are we going to find someone like that?" Rachel asked, "That's why I said we need hard evidence. A smoking gun, if you will. That more than anything else will get people on our side. "