PDA

View Full Version : Making a Jedi in GURPS

Jeivar
2015-05-30, 10:55 AM
My group will be playing the Infinite Worlds scenario before too long, and it occurred to me to play a Jedi character. Well, a Jedi expy at any rate. I'm not going to try to jam every single Force power ever displayed into a single character, just the basics aside from Mind Trick as I haven't found a similarly subtle GURPS power.
I don't own the Fourth Edition books myself, so I've had to do with googling. Here's what I've come up with:

Advantages:
Catfall (10)
Danger sense (15)
Detect sentient beings - common (20)
Empathy (5)
Enhanced parry (5)
Enhanced time sense (45)
Fearlessness (2 per level)
Healing (30)
Mind reading - similar race only (24)
Precognition - danger (15)
Super jump (5 per level)
Telekinesis (5 per level)

Disadvantages:
Cannot harm innocent (-10)
Charitable (-15)
Code of honour (-10)

Necessary skills:
Armoury - Craft Force Sword
Autohypnosis
Force Sword
Parry missile weapons

Final point cost, aside from skills: 146

Opinions? Suggestions?

Oh, and am I correct in that the Force Shield is a gizmo attached to the wrist and activated when needed, rather than an actual shield one carries around?

Jeivar
2015-05-31, 02:27 AM
So, anyone?

Mr Beer
2015-05-31, 04:06 AM
Someone must have written a setting for Star Wars in GURPS, I would google it, chances are someone has already done all the hard work for you. Other thoughts follow:

I would ask on the GURPS forum in the Steve Jackson Games site. Those guys major in modelling stuff.

You might go the Trained By A Master route and then load up with the skills associated with that, examples are Parry Missile Weapon and Breaking Blow.

There are various advantages you could use for Jedi powers, Mind Control is one. Another option might be big bonus to Fast Talk rolls or something. Other Jedi powers include Telekinesis, maybe even a limited form of Flight.

Books you could review include Martial Arts and Psionic Powers.

1337 b4k4
2015-05-31, 10:00 AM
Looking through my 4e book, you might want an ally (5 pts) that is your character's master/trainer (assuming that isn't another PC)

Depending on the particulars of a campaign you might want a handful of contacts (variable, as little as 1 pt)

Is healing really a jedi power now? I guess I've been out of the EU for longer than I thought.

Might consider Legal Immunity (5 pt for limited). Again depending on the particulars, you might consider Diplomatic Immunity (20 pts)

For the Mind Trick I'd go with Mind Control (50 pts) with Accessibility - WIL <=9 (-20%), No Memory (+ 10%) and Conditioning Only (-50%) giving a total cost of 6 pts

Enemies (Sith), same power, unknown, hunter (-10 pts)

Maglubiyet
2015-05-31, 10:14 AM
Someone must have written a setting for Star Wars in GURPS, I would google it, chances are someone has already done all the hard work for you. Other thoughts follow:

I would ask on the GURPS forum in the Steve Jackson Games site. Those guys major in modelling stuff.

Yes, this (http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=4067).

fusilier
2015-06-01, 09:34 PM
I've seen fairly polished pdf's for GURPS-Star Wars adaptations. Probably 3rd edition, but it's easy to convert between 3rd and 4th editions of GURPS.

Here's one I found quickly:
http://rpg.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gurps-StarWars.pdf

I know I've seen others though.