PDA

View Full Version : An interesting hypothetical.

Aleolus
2015-05-30, 05:11 PM
An unusual question has occured to me. What would happen if a Dragonborn (Races of Dragon) met with a Vassal of Bahamut (Book of Exalted Deeds)? For those unfamiliar with one or both of these beings, Dragonborn are people who have been reborn as draconic servants of Bahamut who seek nothing more than the destruction of evil dragons. Their race entry does state, however, that they hold an extremely low viewpoint of those who wear armor made from dragon scales, likening it to seeing a human wearing the skin from another human. Vassals of Bahamut are nondraconic creatures in service to Bahamut who are dedicated to the destruction of evil dragons who wear armor made from the polished scales of a red dragon they have slain.

Ettina
2015-05-30, 08:53 PM
I'd say they'd react similarly to how you'd react to a guy wearing a goblin's skin as armour. Ie, creeped out and disapproving, but they would notice that it's a red dragon, and therefore an enemy.

Extra Anchovies
2015-05-30, 09:19 PM
I'd say they'd react similarly to how you'd react to a guy wearing a goblin's skin as armour.

Next time I play some really nasty violent barbarian I'm going to wear goblin-face armor. Thank you for the suggestion :smalltongue:

Red Fel
2015-05-30, 10:31 PM
I'm going to agree with Ettina. The Dragonborn would find the dragonscale armor uniquely disturbing.

However, both the Dragonborn and the Vassal are sworn servants to a very LG deity; they would get along quite well apart from the latter's unsettling taste in armor. And once they witness one another in combat, particularly with an Evil Dragon, they'd be thick as the LG equivalent of thieves. Do I smell a bromance?

Now, the real question is what would happen if you got a Dragonborn Vassal of Bahamut with the Initiate of Bahamut feat. The most Bahamut-y Bahamut-an that ever Bahamut-ed? A dragon-guy wearing dragon-armor who fights dragons and can turn into an even bigger dragon?

nintendoh
2015-05-30, 11:49 PM
Next time I play some really nasty violent barbarian I'm going to wear goblin-face armor. Thank you for the suggestion :smalltongue:

You are an amazing person and i have developed a deep respect for you.

OldTrees1
2015-05-30, 11:58 PM
Well, a Dragonborn would tend to have a low view of a Vassal of Bahamut's Platinum Armor. However once they learn that it is a gift from Bahamut himself then the Dragonborn will probably accept it as a consequence of their trust in Bahamut (or it might shake their faith in Bahamut).